*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

11 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Maguire has arguably been England’s best player so far this World Cup. Just saying.

He was just one example, I am positive there are other players out there who Attribute wise look like Tarzan but play like Jane...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/11/2022 at 12:22, rp1966 said:

That's brilliant. Reminds me of the bug that can sometimes affect caretaker managers - I think there was a 200 years into the future experiment last year where a caretaker manager was in charge of a club for over 100 years.  This feels like the result of a very similar coding error.

One of the previous iterations (FM20?) had a bug where players wouldn't die, they'd reach 99 and keep going.  GoldenFM did a save with a bunch of 250 year old English Players (No Physicals, killer technicals and Mentals) in the National team, actually beat a couple of teams.  Granted one of them Was San Marino IIRC, but still...

My first 1000 year experiment the head coach at brighton remained for the entire save, but if you clicked on him to see his record the game crashed...

So there are ''punches being thrown everywere'' - yet the 3D doesn't show this, the 2D doesn't show this (just shows players standing waiting for a VAR check) and no one will be sent off or booked.

Brawls and fights really need to be implemented in the game. At the very least take the text commentary shown below out. It's misleading. I actually got excited thinking brawls had been added in to help with the immersion but sadly not...

image.png.3ccfc81e630fcf93818817929f1507e6.png

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

So there are ''punches being thrown everywere'' - yet the 3D doesn't show this, the 2D doesn't show this (just shows players standing waiting for a VAR check) and no one will be sent off or booked.

Brawls and fights really need to be implemented in the game. At the very least take the text commentary shown below out. It's misleading. I actually got excited thinking brawls had been added in to help with the immersion but sadly not...

Doubt they'd have that actually shown for legal reasons

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Goalkeepers getting red cards hasn't even been implemented yet. At his rate, expect to see violent conduct represented in FM33.

27 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Doubt they'd have that actually shown for legal reasons

yeah sounds like a very good way to lose your PG rating. Back in the older 2d only game you'd see the dots actually moving towards each other like a brawl, but i'm guessing since for legal reasons when they added the 3d engine they removed it, and the commentary line is a leftover 

On 26/11/2022 at 00:58, Marko1989 said:

Even I do agree the work of this guy is impressive, I must say that at least Squad/Tactic screens has to contain club colors. This way every save you play, main screens will be different, and you will really have a feel that you are in manage of that club. If the skin color is purple for example for all the clubs, it feels just like some soulless skin/app and every save would be the same - colors also can help with immersion. 

I loved for example FM 2017 flat design, where they were still using Primary color for sidebar, and secondary color for header. ( or other way, but I think they removed secondary color in recent years ) Even my screenshot is just with one color, you can really have a feel that you manage a club known for this color. 

1.png.70b24a839826d80f2f94757e03abefc3.png

Man FM 17 was good

4 hours ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Main pitch: Season 5 Game of Thrones

Pitch outskirts: A lovely sunny day in the Sussex countryside.

image.thumb.png.b8b7e5942f0352f0ea775514fa5098d4.png

Your breaking a lot of hearts SI with these rudimentary oversights on what are already low quality graphics. Please give them the love they deserve. 

6 hours ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

Main pitch: Season 5 Game of Thrones

Pitch outskirts: A lovely sunny day in the Sussex countryside.

image.thumb.png.b8b7e5942f0352f0ea775514fa5098d4.png

Looks like the Crash Davis "Flood the Field so we can get a game day off" maneuver failed....

9 hours ago, stevemc said:

It's been said countless times already but I've hammered this game for the last couple of days and the long balls over the top are sapping the fun & life out of enjoyment as you literally cannot defend it - it needs patching, and fast.

I'm even considering going back to commentary only - just so I don't have to see my defenders move away from the action as yet another long ball comes in.

10 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

yeah sounds like a very good way to lose your PG rating. Back in the older 2d only game you'd see the dots actually moving towards each other like a brawl, but i'm guessing since for legal reasons when they added the 3d engine they removed it, and the commentary line is a leftover 

Well, were the punches being thrown or not, where the hell did the commentary get that from?

[edit] Oh and, back in the days of CM, I bought Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey and the first thing he did was punch the referee and get a three-month ban. I hate to say it, but those were the days. Now we get to promise them they'll play as a left ball-playing central defender with squad status of regular starter and ask them to "shoot more often". Bleh.

Edited by Zoolok42

10 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

The m.e already dipicts elbows and two footed flying lunges, how would dipicting players pushing and shoving eachother(which happens every weekend on the football pitch) make them lose PG rating?

The idea that a tiny pixelated man throwing a punch is going to bump the games rating is...something.

2 saat önce, Caletti said:

I hope it's a patch week :rolleyes:

Neil Brock said that they are planning to release a minor update with technical bug fixes first, and then a major update with ME fixes. And unfortunately, since the minor update hasn't been released yet, it seems like the major update will be unlikely to be releasen this week.

My guess is minor update today and major update next Tuesday or Thursday.

I think young players have too big salaries in Italy.. and they cannot loan them since they ask a big percentage of their salary to be paid by the team who wants to loan them.

If you compare the salaries in the starting DB to what the salaries are in 4-5 years time when newgens start appearing you find the difference is too big.

So teams will have some very good youngsters but no one can afford their salary to loan them

3 hours ago, Lempicka said:

I'm even considering going back to commentary only - just so I don't have to see my defenders move away from the action as yet another long ball comes in.

I play commentary only (due to time constraints) and honestly it makes the game far more enjoyable and less frustrating. I know it wont be everyone's cup of tea as it is harder to keep tabs on how your tactic is actually performing in a match, but I find it find, and from the sounds of the match engine doesn't seem like I am missing much! 

On 27/11/2022 at 00:15, Lempicka said:

The constant long balls/static defenders are starting to take its toll on my FM23 save, so I've decided to take a bit of a break tonight and travel back in time to FM13.

What a difference a decade makes! I know FM13 had its faults, but compared with FM23, it feels like a less bloated, more straightforward affair. A manager game where you can build your team and play without press conference overkill and the constant whinge of fringe players demanding more game time.

I'm not ready to give up on FM23 just yet, but next year, I do wish SI would take a step back and remember what made the series fun. Ditch some of the bloat, address the longstanding issues and improve the matchday experience. There's a great game in there somewhere!

I'll leave you with this screengrab from FM13. That pitch, the lighting, the stadium. This is what we had 10 years ago.

image.thumb.png.55884707416eac7d2e52824795d0d9f6.png

Ahh... that actually looks nice.

On a sidenote: The goalkeeper is 100% considering the "scorpion-kick"!

3 hours ago, KingCanary said:

The idea that a tiny pixelated man throwing a punch is going to bump the games rating is...something.

:lol: they acting like we're asking for Manhunt style executions displayed on the pitch. Minecraft has more violence than fm where you can do headshots and set animals on fire and it's still a PG game. To suggest depicting a player shoving or throwing a punch is going to turn fm into a GTA style R rated game is laughable

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

:lol: they acting like we're asking for Manhunt style executions 

What a game! :thup:

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

Minecraft has more violence than fm where you can do headshots and set animals on fire and it's still a PG game. To suggest depicting a player shoving or throwing a punch is going to turn fm into a GTA style R rated game is laughable

I think it's more the fact they throw a punch or kick off rather than what's graphically shown, like a blemish on the player's character 

I'd be up for it with newgens though, shoving matches are a regular thing in football 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

What a game! :thup:

I think it's more the fact they throw a punch or kick off rather than what's graphically shown, like a blemish on the player's character 

I'd be up for it with newgens though, shoving matches are a regular thing in football 

Those were the ps1 days where every game was pushing boundaries with great storylines and epic gameplay. Manhunt use to scare the hell out of me back then, just use to watch my older bro play it. Same with resident evil 1.

As for character, I don't think player's legal teams will have an issue with them being depicted in a 3d match engine pushing another player or group of players squaring up to eachother before the main culprits get a yellow card. Some of the elbows and two footed lunges on fm23 I've seen only Roy Keane or Ben Thatcher would be proud of.

2 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

Those were the ps1 days where every game was pushing boundaries with great storylines and epic gameplay. Manhunt use to scare the hell out of me back then, just use to watch my older bro play it. Same with resident evil 1.

As for character, I don't think player's legal teams will have an issue with them being depicted in a 3d match engine pushing another player or group of players squaring up to eachother before the main culprits get a yellow card. Some of the elbows and two footed lunges on fm23 I've seen only Roy Keane or Ben Thatcher would be proud of.

Scared the hell out of me too, ignoring the executions, the game was extremely tense and very different from anything else at the time

I'm guessing it's down to something legal and SI want nothing to do with it. Imagine if Haaland slaps Ronaldo in FM, then the clips hits social media, it wouldn't really be a good look for the game. Bit of squaring up and arguing, I don't know, that's more fun than anything but still maybe something SI don't want to simulate in game

Even bad tackles in FM aren't that bad really, no high boots or anything like that, it's all at ground level

5 hours ago, andu1 said:

I think young players have too big salaries in Italy.. and they cannot loan them since they ask a big percentage of their salary to be paid by the team who wants to loan them.

If you compare the salaries in the starting DB to what the salaries are in 4-5 years time when newgens start appearing you find the difference is too big.

So teams will have some very good youngsters but no one can afford their salary to loan them

The economics side of the loan system has issues, SI is working on them

I see there was an update for FM touch on apple arcade...

It seems to fix some errors with defending in a back 3 and some other defensive errors.  i don't know if the ME is the same... When can we expect the PC update?

Edit: I assume the ME is the same since in the patch notes i see a lot of defending errors tweaks that have been mentioned since the beta.

Edited by andu1

3 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Scared the hell out of me too, ignoring the executions, the game was extremely tense and very different from anything else at the time

I'm guessing it's down to something legal and SI want nothing to do with it. Imagine if Haaland slaps Ronaldo in FM, then the clips hits social media, it wouldn't really be a good look for the game. Bit of squaring up and arguing, I don't know, that's more fun than anything but still maybe something SI don't want to simulate in game

Even bad tackles in FM aren't that bad really, no high boots or anything like that, it's all at ground level

Despite that, Haaland can elbow Ronaldo in FM and get sent off. Weird how that still remains in the game.

I feel there has to be a little bit more to this than just being sued by Insert Footballer Here. You don't get dissent from players towards the referee at any point of the match. Players don't surround the ref for a decision. Managers can slag off the ref and get a touch line ban but you don't see managers get yellow cards from the touchline. Maybe they don't want to present this content to younger users.

3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I say: to hell with the younger users.

How many times have we heard it's "a football simulation". Remember when condition percentages were removed? 

If it's a football simulation it needs to simulate real football and that includes everything that can happen on the pitch. The games lack character and immersion without brawls, square ups and little incidents.

Let's inject some visible passion into rivalries. Let us use the flare ups to create our own narratives and rivalries and hated players you target to go in hard on or vow to never sign! Let us jump out of our seats at those high tackles. Let's watch our hot headed 17 year old newgen making his debut get sent off after 5 minutes and never play under you again! Let's put some atmosphere into a very dull and sterile matchday.

Here here and lets put some more fire and ferociousness into press conferences where you have the option of challenging  a journalist for asking a dumb stupid question. Or single out a player, instead of the only option currently is taking responsibility as the manager and no option to lambast the entire team in a presser or call out single invididuals who had a crap 6.0 rating.

There needs to be more spice and controversy in the game because at the moment it's all very vanilla.

11 minutes ago, andu1 said:

The biggest question for me is do we get the ME update today like the touch users?

It’ll trigger me beyond end if touch users get an update and full pc users are just here like sitting ducks. I’ve literally been unable to play the current version in its current state since release. 
But I’m hopeful they’ll do the right thing and deliver tonight…

Just now, kiingallen said:

It’ll trigger me beyond end if touch users get an update and full pc users are just here like sitting ducks. I’ve literally been unable to play the current version in its current state since release. 

And the Touch version seem to be having the defending ME fixes we all wait since the beta.

Is anyone else noticing attackers mainly strikers don’t bust a gut to get level with any player breaking on the wing whilst the defence do their upmost to get level with the attacking winger.

leading a back line to defend their six yard box whilst attacking players are around the edge of the box

is this why so many AI teams play 2 defensive midfield players

is this a known quirk so AI are doing it to prevent cut back goals.

also any player wide with the ball is less likely to cross and tend to cut the ball back or shoot when in a crossing position.

Edited by jere_d

As someone who refunded this version for the first time since 92 I felt the need to make my feelings known in one of the few ways I can as an SI customer.

I follow this thread and there's a number of people with similar frustrations around various aspects of the game from QC to Realism, from AI to the ME and so on.

But as I've not been playing or following the bug threads can someone state what they consider to be the biggest "known issues" with the game. Issues that are acknowledged by the developer and issues that can/will effect anyone considering dedicating hundreds of hours of their life to a new save.

Edited by janrzm

20 minutes ago, kiingallen said:

Highly doubt it, I've still December 7th or 8th. Might be wrong.

1 minute ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Highly doubt it, I've still December 7th or 8th. Might be wrong.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t get anything today tbh. It’ll really sum up how I’ve felt they’ve handled this release so far. 
I’m sure I read at some point that this year they were going to attempt at releasing more smaller and frequent updates, to not changing anything at all at release and updating other versions before the main version with the exact fixes that we’ve all been screaming for. 
BUT… I remain hopeful. Please prove me wrong SI 🙂 x

We've just knocked Blackburn out of the FA Cup, and apparently Jerome Asselas "always loves seeing us get one over on Blackburn Rovers" - the last win was in 1982, 40 years ago - in fact they've only ever played each other 16 times in the history of football.

Is Jerome aware of some ancient fierce rivalry that I'm not?

Or mostly likely, the social feed needs a little work.

image.thumb.png.3023f2df447c70a5ffaa38a07fe832df.png

2 minutes ago, stevemc said:

We've just knocked Blackburn out of the FA Cup, and apparently Jerome Asselas "always loves seeing us get one over on Blackburn Rovers" - the last win was in 1982, 40 years ago - in fact they've only ever played each other 16 times in the history of football.

Is Jerome aware of some ancient fierce rivalry that I'm not?

Or mostly likely, the social feed needs a little work.

image.thumb.png.3023f2df447c70a5ffaa38a07fe832df.png

I suspect the feed is just generated off a bunch of possibilities, one of which is not a lookup to a historical table of such events...now that I think about it that would be one heck of a table...