*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who does coding wouldn't be complaining about SI recycling code every year

i was not complaining about it , my initial reply was to someone stating its made from scratch , i know yearly releases that way would not be possible 

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not that unrealistic though, is it?

Hearts were able to sign a sought after player in Liam Boyce despite their relegation being almost certain, while smaller clubs who'd been promoted and sat higher in the league didnt stand a chance. This was due to him believing that in 2/3 years Hearts would be an established top flight side and the other clubs wouldnt.

I quite like the fact players wont join until you establish yourself tbh.

Yes, it is unrealistic and you've only picked up half of my original point. A different scenario from real life doesn't disprove the experience.

What I experience in FM is getting promoted, players at that level, not wanting to even negotiate, I then get relegated, and players at that previous level will start speaking to me. Even in my current save, following a relegation back to league two, Jude Soonsup-Bell, signed no problem on a free, last season in league one, he wouldn't touch my team with a bargepole even for a loan. I haven't established myself in the higher division, quite the reverse.

It's even noted in the end of season round ups when you see the reputation news item, my reputation boost is applied at the end of the season not the start, and the relegation reputation nerf isn't applied until the end of the next, directly resulting in being able to recruit better players in a lower division.

44 minutes ago, kertiek said:

in case anyone finds this useful

i also added a autohotkey script to do it right now.

How did you do the autohotkey for it?

Saw it on the thread. Won't work for me as I play windowed and might change place :( 

Edited by KamyKaze

1 minute ago, KamyKaze said:

its not that hard, i have previous experience with autohotkeys and to get the correct coordinates for the mouse click event, autohotkeys has a "windows spy" mode that lets you see all the info you need, for example main active window and mouse coordinates/position

16 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

This is gonna sound very random but every time I get a sending off it comes up red card ‘Paulo  Maldini’ 🤣 anyone else had this? 

Had that the other night.

Paulo Maldini Player #1 or something, then it suddenly flashes up the right name

3 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Saw it on the thread. Won't work for me as I play windowed and might change place :( 

i play in windowed too, u might have to change the coordinates for it with autohotkeys window spy mode, is pretty easy to do it

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

i play in windowed too, u might have to change the coordinates for it with autohotkeys window spy mode, is pretty easy to do it

I meant I change the FM window depending on what else I have on screen too

1 minute ago, KamyKaze said:

I meant I change the FM window depending on what else I have on screen too

the way i did the script it sends the click only when the main window is football manager, that way if u are using other apps or browsing chrome for example, it wont send the click, only when the main window is football manager even if u play it as windowed ;)

Edited by kertiek

Is scouting next opposition bugged?

I have it set in Staff Responsibilities:

image.png.d0874e58d6c08d150b2b88acb1088b35.png

Also set in Scouting Coverage:

image.png.8d8d83d4ecacb2abf4ab0c7579cd79ce.png

However I never receive any reports, just get the message:

image.png.3af8429f3bcf26e452efa155918a6f62.png

Also when you go out of Scouting Coverage and then back in, it resets to "Scouting Pool" like I've never confirmed it before:

image.png.26938810742166ad21ee698c091bc7bb.png

Am I missing something? :confused:

Edited by stevemc

2 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Is scouting next opposition bugged?

I have it set in Staff Responsibilities:

image.png.d0874e58d6c08d150b2b88acb1088b35.png

Also set in Scouting Coverage:

image.png.8d8d83d4ecacb2abf4ab0c7579cd79ce.png

However I never receive any reports, just get the message:

image.png.3af8429f3bcf26e452efa155918a6f62.png

Also when you go out of Scouting Coverage and then back in, it resets to "Scouting Pool" like I've never confirmed it before:

image.png.26938810742166ad21ee698c091bc7bb.png

Am I missing something? :confused:

Mine works here

1.thumb.png.1699f60cd07f655f133011ab828c380d.png

2.thumb.png.0132de098a3643341245ff195bce8946.png

3.thumb.png.dda27feaca52cc0c2a2dd18e17a20c15.png

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not that unrealistic though, is it?

Hearts were able to sign a sought after player in Liam Boyce despite their relegation being almost certain, while smaller clubs who'd been promoted and sat higher in the league didnt stand a chance. This was due to him believing that in 2/3 years Hearts would be an established top flight side and the other clubs wouldnt.

I quite like the fact players wont join until you establish yourself tbh.

Yes, but I wasn't talking about players choosing a relegated Aston Villa over a newly-promoted Blyth Spartans. Players literally choose bottom CH/top L1 sides with little prospect of ever reaching the top flight over a newly promoted PL teams (whose rep hasn't caught up)

3 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

When you say match analysis, do you mean in game or post match? I argue SI have stripped out too much in game analysis imo. Perhaps we had too much pre FM21, but my view is that if you can track it live is something like who scored you should be able to track it live in FM. 

I didn’t explain it very well. I think I mean the half time and full time analysis, where you can click on a player’s passing, for example, or a teams passing. Or their shots or whatever. 

That whole screen to me is cumbersome and needs to be made more user friendly. 

9 minutes ago, Troels Jensen said:

Since when are Barca playing here:
image.png.6a278f86e658c5e2a83e8fa360861c19.png

Nou Camp doesn't appear to be unavailable ..

What year is this? Camp Nou is being renovated so Barca are temporarily relocating to Estadi Olímpic  Lluis Companys next season
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/news/2594099/agreement-on-the-transformation-of-espai-barca-and-work-on-new-camp-nou-to-begin-in-june

Edited by autohoratio

17 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

What year is this? Camp Nou is being renovated so Barca are temporarily relocating to Estadi Olímpic  Lluis Companys next season
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club/news/2594099/agreement-on-the-transformation-of-espai-barca-and-work-on-new-camp-nou-to-begin-in-june

Thank you! It is the 23/24 season :thup:

Is there any reason the AI refuses to negotiate on loan deals in terms of wage paid?

Also so many players seem to consider their options at the end of the season, for no apparent reason? (Even if they have over 18 months left, and are currently top of the table)

Edited by Domoboy23

I think the fact that there are no significant changes between FM22 and FM23 is pretty well documented at this point and I'm sure SI have taken notice of general sentiment this year.

I will however say that a) having access via Game Pass anyway and b) downloading a new skin (Kojuro for those interested, I usually play with default and wanted one that was similar but improved) has sucked me in all over again this year.

I'm enjoying the match engine and seeing some things I can't recall too much in the past such as deflected goals, cutbacks for others, cutting inside and bending in the far post etc. Using my own tactic and am not overly into that side of things as prefer the squad building aspect and just pick my best players with a tactic that suits. I'm enjoying it.

I haven't played FM since around FM17/FM18.

Quite enjoyed it so far.

Cannot remember FM17 much but it seems a lot smoother.

One thing I didn't particularly like was the fact when I change a player in one tactic it changes across all of them. Maybe a toggle for this would be good.

4 hours ago, Aim_Less said:

i was not complaining about it , my initial reply was to someone stating its made from scratch , i know yearly releases that way would not be possible 

It's very well possible that it's done from scratch; hence new ME issues that pop up every year. And as long as we haven't had a tour in SI's offices, we have no right to assume anything about the way they work.

On the other hand; I do fully agree with you that access to the source code could make things a whole lot better for individual players. I myself would have a go as well with the ME, for instance. However much of a daunting and extremely complicated task it would be, I honestly believe that access to the source code could improve game experience (for the ME). Imagine the possibilities of downloads on the fansites. And as long as SI haven't tried this in at least one version, they also don't have the right to assume that we're all a bunch of potato farmers who know nothing about coding :cool:

34 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

It's very well possible that it's done from scratch; hence new ME issues that pop up every year. And as long as we haven't had a tour in SI's offices, we have no right to assume anything about the way they work.

On the other hand; I do fully agree with you that access to the source code could make things a whole lot better for individual players. I myself would have a go as well with the ME, for instance. However much of a daunting and extremely complicated task it would be, I honestly believe that access to the source code could improve game experience (for the ME). Imagine the possibilities of downloads on the fansites. And as long as SI haven't tried this in at least one version, they also don't have the right to assume that we're all a bunch of potato farmers who know nothing about coding :cool:

No they dont write the match engine from scratch every year.

They will never give access to the source code. Then f.i Ea could take a look and copy/modify it and release fifa manager.

4 minutes ago, Arnar said:

They will never give access to the source code. Then f.i Ea could take a look and copy/modify it and release fifa manager.

Fifa Manager was discontinued long ago. And it was a game where you had access to the source code :D

Anyway, it will never happen, of course.

16 minutes ago, Koffing said:

-This is the worst version of the game after FM19 (1v1 disaster). Defending is completely broken, opposite GKs made 7 assists against me in a season, despite im in low block & cover duty. ( IT was not broken in FM22).

-Free transfers is broken,  you cant register them in restricted window ( IT was not broken in FM22)

-In set pieces screen, players are randomly missing, no way of bringing them back unless clear the tactic slot.(It was not broken in FM22)

-Gk distribution doesnt work ( I say roll it out, he kickes to opposition defence).

-Forced contract negotiations with player & staff, Now I cannot check their promise requests & wage demands without forcing me to deal or walk away .

-Why the beta version has  "this is beta version" fixed script in screen if nothing is changing from beta to full version?

-Board rarely allow more than 7 coaches while we have 10 sections of training area.

-The only useful feature in FM23  is embedded youtube link to champions league music.

Bonus video:

Its your tactic mate :D

15 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Is there any reason the AI refuses to negotiate on loan deals in terms of wage paid?

Also so many players seem to consider their options at the end of the season, for no apparent reason? (Even if they have over 18 months left, and are currently top of the table)

I've always found the way the game deals with loans to be totally different to transfers and indeed real life.

They very, very rarely will negotiate wages for loans in or out and the same with monthly fees, in real life teams might pay millions for an established big league player but in game they might offer 100k and that's it, you counter and they pull out right away. They are way too stingy on it and expect you to agree to low balls out and pay through the nose to loan in.

It's always been this way for as long as I remember!

I really really really have to repeat this..

Please, please:

1. Add a confirmation message on Reset -> All and Reset -> Reset to Default !

Or

2. Move the Clear Cache options from between them.

Or

3. Set up a keyboard shortcut for Clear Cache. 

Or

4. Set up a save/load preferences mechanism

It's just .. horrible to set up everything again and again because your mouse slipped 1 slot up or down the menu. I mean - Clear cache has a confirmation message, the others don't .. :confused:

Trying to clear cache every time you change something in your skin and puff... all settings gone. :seagull:

Another small thing I have noticed is the TV revenue seems to be the same for every game. It's different for CL and EPL games though.

Not sure what happens in real life but surely bigger games would attract more revenue. For example, Manchester City vs Chelsea would be different to say Chelsea vs Burnley.

25 minutes ago, muzza_m said:

Another small thing I have noticed is the TV revenue seems to be the same for every game. It's different for CL and EPL games though.

Not sure what happens in real life but surely bigger games would attract more revenue. For example, Manchester City vs Chelsea would be different to say Chelsea vs Burnley.

Is that for cup games? 

Please for the love of god can you sort out transfers.

Time and time again I bid on Transfer listed players. E.g Mason Holgate was listed at 975k. Bid for him as need numbers in defence and he's homegrown. 500k upfront, 575k payable next summer. Price suddenly increases on AI side to 2.75m. And this happens quite often, listed at price X for ages and no one wants said player. Suddenly one interested party and price increases to 2 or 3x the original transfer listed price.

In the meantime AI will continue to lowball your star players who have 3 years left on their contract. As seen in screenshot below. Player Valued at £69-88m. Their opening offer was £10 upfront, £10 in various daft addons such as winning league, Champions league, FA Cup etc. Not even anything in installments. Offer rejected instantly, Now into offer number 5 £28m cash, 2 x 12 monthly payments 3 hours left in the window.

A.I = Artificial intelligence. Not much intelligence when it comes to these idiotic bids. 

getlostwithyourpisspooroffers.jpg

1 minute ago, kopfan1977 said:

Time and time again I bid on Transfer listed players. E.g Mason Holgate was listed at 975k. Bid for him as need numbers in defence and he's homegrown. 500k upfront, 575k payable next summer. Price suddenly increases on AI side to 2.75m. And this happens quite often, listed at price X for ages and no one wants said player. Suddenly one interested party and price increases to 2 or 3x the original transfer listed price.

In the meantime AI will continue to lowball your star players who have 3 years left on their contract. As seen in screenshot below. Player Valued at £69-88m. Their opening offer was £10 upfront, £10 in various daft addons such as winning league, Champions league, FA Cup etc. Not even anything in installments. Offer rejected instantly, Now into offer number 5 £28m cash, 2 x 12 monthly payments 3 hours left in the window.

A.I = Artificial intelligence. Not much intelligence when it comes to these idiotic bids. 

Do the club you're managing have a rivalry with the club you're trying to buy from? SI have said that AI clubs will charge a premium to rival clubs

16 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Do the club you're managing have a rivalry with the club you're trying to buy from? SI have said that AI clubs will charge a premium to rival clubs

Nope.

My Rivals are Swansea, Bristol City and to a minor extent Leeds Utd. 

I think I'll start charging every other club a premium on top for any of my Important players they keep attempting to purchase on the cheap!

Luckily for me, their paltry bids didn't unsettle my players. 

Edited by kopfan1977

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that for cup games? 

From what I can tell all Premier League (domestic league( games receive the same TV revenue and all Champions League (cup) games receive the same revenue (playing in England).

Edited by muzza_m

56 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

That's too bad, really. Is it that hard to fix a problem that's being known since FM22? Jesus.

1 hour ago, Caletti said:

When will the patch to improve the defense game come out? It's a joke if we have to wait until Christmas 🫣

Patches take time, pal.

Hope you read that they tried to improve things for release but the fix they had in mind caused bigger problems elsewhere.

As SI devs have said on here the ME is never an easy fix.