*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, janrzm said:

Would it be groundhog day to you if this thread was full of positives and back slapping? or is it just the negative comments that bother you?

Is it really ridiculous to expect an acknowledgement of issues, that things are in development, that bugs are registered. The fact that many issues are historic and unacknowledged is the problem, yet you'd prefer people not raise them because its repetitive.

1: Its the repeated comments without any real substance, just a "fix the set piece bug" comment and not a word about what is wrong with the set pieces in their opinion. This is bothering me because every time the staff answers and says "please provide some info/substance" it mostly gets ignored, and then the next page is filled with people wondering why there is no response from the staff. Thats my ground hog day

2: I'd prefer people to take in the answers they get, not that people should stop giving feedback because its already mentioned. I do realize everyone doesn't read all posts, I have tried my best to keep quiet and give people some slack up until now ;) 

As a lower league manager I see some repeating issues throughout the last few versions of the game.

• A delayed reputation reaction to promotion and relegations. I struggle to recruit adequate quality players in the season following a promotion, but even when relegated the next season, better players will sign for me in the lower division
  • Following a promotion with a team that will struggle, discipline goes out the window. Yellows, reds and penalties all become significantly higher in volume as ways for the game to 'help' you lose games. This isn't a conspiracy theory that the game is designed to make me concede penalties, rather a view that the game doesn't seem able to effectively represent being outclassed e.g. a defender gives away a penalty rather than gets done by a piece of skill
  • Underdog cup runs. I can't say I've observed this so early in FM23 yet, but in FM22 the higher up the leagues I went, the earlier I went out of cups. The underdog boost you can experience for and against you was unrealistic. I had a Bradford save spending something like 8 seasons up to the Championship and got to quarter finals in either the FA or Carabao cups in half of them.

What is the point/logic behind the "would've preferred to stay on the bench" text in friendlies? It even pops up for 15-year-olds and third choice goalkeepers. They should be happy to play minutes in the senior team, even if it's only pre-season. Of all the things to add to the game, this baffles me.

I've read most of this thread and I think that something that hasn't received enough praise over here is heading. It's much better than in previous iterations as now there's no power-headers that fly all over the pitch as if the player volleyed the ball and they generally seem much more natural. The direction of headed passes and clearances is also much better this year as players now try to find a teammate with their headers. They aren't always successfull, but at least they're trying and aren't sending balls into throw-ins or no-man's land all the time.

28 minutes ago, properdisco said:

What is the point/logic behind the "would've preferred to stay on the bench" text in friendlies? It even pops up for 15-year-olds and third choice goalkeepers. They should be happy to play minutes in the senior team, even if it's only pre-season. Of all the things to add to the game, this baffles me.

Yeah, something's wrong with this. Most players apparently don't want to play football if they start on the bench. Even fringe players in official matches.

8 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

The thing that could add a bit extra to Press Conferences is being able to arrange a conference by yourself.

For example, you wanna switch clubs, arrange a conference and explain yourself about that. You have been linked with another club or player, arrange a conference and deny or confirm it. Your team is in bad form and the press cant get off your back, arrange press conference.

Do SOMETHING because its the most repetitive, most boring part of the game that has not been changed for year, and NO, i do not want to send my ASSMAN to answer the questions because i want to interact with the press, just not with a bunch of parrots saying same things over and over again.

Yes its unusual for a journalist to ask the same questions over and over again ? LOL

Edited by prot651

Fullbacks always have the timing and vision to cross, so why always backpass?

Always pass to the winger or midfielder behind you without crossing right away and finish with a mid-range shot. is it a bug?

The instructions to post an early cross are useless.

hace 2 horas, Choi seung won dijo:

Fullbacks always have the timing and vision to cross, so why always backpass?

Always pass to the winger or midfielder behind you without crossing right away and finish with a mid-range shot. is it a bug?

The instructions to post an early cross are useless.

And the instruction to "Dribble more", and the instruction to "face the defense more"... You can't see it on the field. Players are increasingly playing by default, ignoring instructions from managers.

And some of these complaints, if you put them in this thread, do not feel good, and if you report them in the Bug Tracker with pkm, some like the dribbling issue, it has been reported for almost a month with many pkm and it continues "Under Review" and all the answer you find after telling us that more examples were not needed is that "Upload more plays"

It's frustrating...

20 minutes ago, david_kax said:

And the instruction to "Dribble more", and the instruction to "face the defense more"... You can't see it on the field. Players are increasingly playing by default, ignoring instructions from managers.

And some of these complaints, if you put them in this thread, do not feel good, and if you report them in the Bug Tracker with pkm, some like the dribbling issue, it has been reported for almost a month with many pkm and it continues "Under Review" and all the answer you find after telling us that more examples were not needed is that "Upload more plays"

It's frustrating...

Right. It seems to be ignoring the instructions and playing according to the pattern set by the match engine.
 In fact, since before fm23, I felt the instructions were mostly useless.
 Commands such as cross early, dribble more, etc. are not applied by the match engine at all.

21 hours ago, BrightLad5 said:

If I recall, even going back to the CM days, there was a dark and light version? Been a long time. I remember when they just made a suitable font difference and went from quite a big thin font to a more bolder smaller font... even that was nice.

I do strongly agree that a freshen up of the default skin is in need. I hope their justification for not updating the skin (or providing alt variations) in 3 years isn't: "there's modders out there that make skins so why should we bother to provide multiple or new skins?" If that is the case, then that is a mentality problem at SI which is a lot bigger of an issue than just being 'new skin' related... Im sure this isn't the reason though ;)

The thing is though is that “skinners” enjoy making skins for FM. They are also so varied and fantastical that SI simply couldn’t do all of this themselves.

I, personally, have always been hugely grateful to SI for allowing, what is a hugely active community, the ability to make FM look the way THEY/US want it to.

It’s not lazy UI development. It’s there by design. Always has been.

I think the game is fantastic, the match engine is the best I’ve seen by a mile. I remember the days where it was unplayable until February, so to have it like this from day one is terrific. 

The match analysis screen is my only issue, it’s not very user friendly and hasn’t changed for years. 

16 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

The thing is though is that “skinners” enjoy making skins for FM. They are also so varied and fantastical that SI simply couldn’t do all of this themselves.

I, personally, have always been hugely grateful to SI for allowing, what is a hugely active community, the ability to make FM look the way THEY/US want it to.

It's great that the game can be community modded. In many cases community modding is what makes the game a success, look at games like DayZ which were derived initially from a community mod for ARMA before becoming its own game. On the flip side a game like PUBG has been very limited on allowing the community to mod it, which is wildly considered to be one of the main reasons for it plateauing over the last couple of years.

So I too am thankful to be able to mod FM, but lets not pretend that SI allowing us to mod the game isn't also a huge benefit to SI directly. They kind of NEED to give us that option when you consider the lack of licensing in many top leagues alone, before even looking at the other graphical side of things. Not updating the UI in years is a bit slack. Its a new game at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, BrightLad5 said:

It's great that the game can be community modded. In many cases community modding is what makes the game a success, look at games like DayZ which were derived initially from a community mod for ARMA before becoming its own game. On the flip side a game like PUBG has been very limited on allowing the community to mod it, which is wildly considered to be one of the main reasons for it plateauing over the last couple of years.

So I too am thankful to be able to mod FM, but lets not pretend that SI allowing us to mod the game isn't also a huge benefit to SI directly. They kind of NEED to give us that option when you consider the lack of licensing in many top leagues alone, before even looking at the other graphical side of things. Not updating the UI in years is a bit slack. Its a new game at the end of the day.

I'm sure some modders were threatened with legal action for modding in game graphics so I don't think it's fair to say SI let the community mod the game even though from a legal stand point I don't know hwo they would have sued a gamer for modding a game they purchased for personal use.

2 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Its not an either/or situation.

SI can update their skin yearly while also allowing modders to make their own.

I miss the default light/dark skin option.

Honestly think a lot of complaints couldve been glossed over if thehd changed the skin, as its not changed in about 3 years now. New shiny shiny would've helped sell the lack of new reatures.

13 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

I'm sure some modders were threatened with legal action for modding in game graphics so I don't think it's fair to say SI let the community mod the game even though from a legal stand point I don't know hwo they would have sued a gamer for modding a game they purchased for personal use.

Man Utd were going after anyone using their badge, its not a SI issue. A lot of sites, Squawka as an example, no longer use proper badges for EPL sides due to Man Utd threatening legal action.

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Man Utd were going after anyone using their badge, its not a SI issue. A lot of sites, Squawka as an example, no longer use proper badges for EPL sides due to Man Utd threatening legal action.

Exactly. In addition, some of the decisions UI of the last few years are totally incomprehensible. Have you ever seen a skin that doesn't change the team names on the scoreboard during the game? That thing they decided a couple of years ago, instead of writting the full name, write only 3 letters. Seriously, SI, why don't you look at the decisions taken years ago and check if they were correct or not? Nobody, nobody prefers to see 3 letters there instead of the full team name. "Oh, but we did it for realism, on TV it looks like that too". Well, on TV I can distinguish Messi from Verratti.

Then the removal of the time bar during the matches, the thing that by default you don't directly see the players attributes anymore when receiving a scout report, the rearrangement of players during team talks... And this year for example, they include some cosmetic to your manager but design the most weird system I have ever seen to put them on or off, and the proof is how many players constantly ask how to remove this earring or this watch.

It seems like every UI decision is made just to make the game less enjoyable, and it is very sad in a game this good.

Edited by el_manayer
spelling

13 hours ago, zindrinho said:

What more do you want them to say? Its getting kinda ridiculous how many times the staff here has urged people to describe the problem, and that its hard to reply to a "fix the set piece bug" when you dont explain what the problem is. Just look at the last couple of pages here, its like ground hog day.

Lol they haven't said a thing about what everyone is asking here. Just look at the post that he was quoting.

13 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

SI do allow modding by the sheer fact of how easy it is, coupled with having a forum dedicated to skinning. even having the player and club IDs visible in game to allow modding if we desire. They also never stop or discourage people modding with graphics or name changes. The later only being discouraged from forum discussion due to legal reasons I believe. They cant be seen to promote things like that.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah some issues like this are out of SIs hands. Man Utd cant go after any users of their logo. I can use Man Utd's name and logo on my save and they cant do anything. if I was distributing a pack with their logo in, they could try to stop it.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly think a lot of complaints couldve been glossed over if thehd changed the skin, as its not changed in about 3 years now. New shiny shiny would've helped sell the lack of new reatures.

It wasn't man utded logos which I'm aware of as no facepacks and logopacks are allowed to update man utd. It was in game graphics

Is this a new thing? lol

Rotated the entire team and lost by 5 goals cause the 1st group place was mine already. Did fine most of the players for 1 wage day. Of course the only one who complained is the 18 year old who barely played so far...

image.thumb.png.0f9c3399b5c16bd38d9a817c8249e81c.png

10 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Is this a new thing? lol

Rotated the entire team and lost by 5 goals cause the 1st group place was mine already. Did fine most of the players for 1 wage day. Of course the only one who complained is the 18 year old who barely played so far...

image.thumb.png.0f9c3399b5c16bd38d9a817c8249e81c.png

Haha, no not a new thing. I had it happen to me on a previous iteration of the game :lol:

2 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Exactly. In addition, some of the decisions UI of the last few years are totally incomprehensible. Have you ever seen a skin that doesn't change the team names on the scoreboard during the game? That thing they decided a couple of years ago, instead of writting the full name, write only 3 letters. Seriously, SI, why don't you look at the decisions taken years ago and check if they were correct or not? Nobody, nobody prefers to see 3 letters there instead of the full team name. "Oh, but we did it for realism, on TV it looks like that too". Well, on TV I can distinguish Messi from Verratti.

One of the things SI never seem to do is offer the player a choice when they make this type of change.  3 letter, TV style, is fine if you're playing in a league you know well, but when you are playing somewhere unfamiliar the more you see the full team names the better.  And, besides that, full names would always be my preference, too.

Edited by rp1966

The game is amazing, the only things I dislike:

- Lag in stadiums with electronic advertising boards (either in very high or very low settings).

- Goalkeepers still give a lot of kicks forward and the defender jumps to head and doesn't hit the ball, the attacker runs in front of the defender and scores.

- Many passes to tear (I'm a fan of this type of game, but when we put the team to play short it should be more respected).

- Excessive game turns from one side to another side, this rarely happens in real life.

- Football directors never renew contracts automatically when requested.

- Slowdown on some reserve squad screens as well as the pre-match press conference screen.

We have the best Football Manager in history, whether in ME in fun, in realism and especially in the artificial intelligence of the transfer system. The game is also the best in processing and interaction and the most tactically responsive.

I'm really looking forward to the patch before Christmas and I'm glad to see that Sigames is more helpful, keeping an eye on the comments and working efficiently to fix the crash, and reports for the good of the game.

13 hours ago, properdisco said:

My thoughts, exactly. I'm also seeing a lot more players--including team leaders--getting "complacent" if the side is up a goal with 20 minutes left. Irritates the hell out of me.

On 13/11/2022 at 12:21, Jaye said:

I might be missing something, but the logic behind player interactions seems very odd.

You aren't missing anything.  Player interactions have always been like this.  I genuinely think it's the worst feature that's even been added to a game, at least a game like this.

My rule for buying FM23 was: no improvement to interactions, no purchase.  Good/sad to see that was a line worth drawing.

14 hours ago, albertluque said:

8nzWMPt.png

Is this meant to happen? Surely you can't get Mikel Merino for less than his release clause? £11.5m is ridiculous.

It's worth checking if he's contract was ending... If not it's quite strange to see him leaving for such low amount of money. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its in the first window isnt it?

Contract start date is August 2022

What's important is his contract end date, which is 30/06/2025 according to the fminside players database. 

11,5M pounds for him is waaaay too little, something's wrong.

2 hours ago, Tyburn said:

As there is a very viable solution to the UI I do not see how having a problem with the default UI is indeed any problem at all.

There are community Databases with additional leagues. Does this mean SI shouldn't look to add future leagues in the next iteration? There is literally a 1 minute fix that makes every team, league, cup and award in the game "licensed" so does that mean they shouldn't bother with things like the European License headline feature this year, or other license stuff in the future?

SI make this game, and I'm sure they'd agree that they are responsible for making improvements to it whether that be UI, DB, Licensing or actual new in-game user features.

The problem isn't with the UI directly... although there are issues with it. The problem, as with most of the other points made in this thread isn't directly aimed at FM23 as a game, it is aimed at the way there is a lack of innovation and a seeming lack of marketing sense with a 42 min feature vid and, what was it, 1 or 2 blogs? This isn't 2005. A settling for a substandard new game when compared to FM22. A reliance on the hardcore "lifers" that will buy it every year and, maybe most annoyingly, justifying it all by using the excuse of "best value for money game/you get what you pay for"

Anyway I've spent enough time in this thread over the last few days days :lol: Hopefully SI take some of the criticism they have received this launch on board, and maybe even change up how they do things in the future. On the face of it, from a customer viewpoint, the company seems to be slightly old fashioned. Not up to speed with how modern day game devs run. At times, quite literally they use a "this is how its always been done" mentality (re: change log not being released, for example)

I really hope people in positions of even tiny influence at SI don't feel afraid to speak out about processes and practices as this wouldn't be good for the the future. We all love this game series and only want it to be the best it can be! Maybe a shake up is needed... 

Happy gaming all!

Edited by BrightLad5
Spelling

19 hours ago, Parmie said:
  • A delayed reputation reaction to promotion and relegations. I struggle to recruit adequate quality players in the season following a promotion, but even when relegated the next season, better players will sign for me in the lower division

This has been a HUGE problem for YEARS and you're only third or fourth person I've seen mention it.

When you overachieve too much and get promoted too quickly (God forbid back-to-back promotions), your reputation doesn't update sufficiently and players still regard you as a club from a division or two below.

It's perfectly normal to win promotion with a tiny non-league club to the PL and in your first season in the elite division you have to sign players from League 1 and bottom Championship clubs, because players don't see you as a PL club yet. Many CH players won't even talk to you or look at your money.

The same applies to other nations, as well, not just England, btw.

On 14/11/2022 at 14:36, el_manayer said:

Since you were obviously ignored, I'll take the liberty of answering myself. Because I think part of the players (or users here) have a very naive perception about what a company is and do. So, let's first base my argumentation into some indisputable truths:

- SI is a company, and like every other company, the main goal is to make money and grow. Remember, if you lose 10 hardcore loyal players but get 100 new ones with the new product, it is a grown and a success. It would obviously prefer not to lose those 10, but still, grown and success.

- FM23 is not an individual product, but part of a saga that needs to be maintained. Thus, the end goal is to be a step forward within the saga itself.

- Although any FM is not a different product than its predecessor, you need to sell it. That means, you need to introduce new stuff, that you can announce and that you can use to attract players to each iteration. But, you also need to plan ahead for the next year. And the year after that. And so on. You will also need novelties in those years, changes that can be sold and that create the desire to get the new game in the player base.

If we think about all that above, you can answer your question pretty easily on why all these stuff have not being touched in this iteration. It is not that SI does not know about them, obviously they do, you play the game for half a season, and you notice most of the stuff people complain here about often and, sometimes, year after year. It is not done because they studied it and concluded that it is not the right thing to do from a commercial point of view. Reasons are varied:

- Resources optimization. Remember that we need novelties and shiny things to promote the game. Remember also that, even if the game is released yearly, part of the forces are divided updating the current game for about 6 months.

- Tuning a little bit a broken module does not sell. Instead, leaving the module broken as it is if it can not be completely overhauled it does, because when the overhaul happens the difference is huge and can be announced as a big thing. Thus, it would be extremely easy to do small touches and slightly alleviate the experience the players have with the broken modules, but it is not done because it is not convenient. Not because SI is not aware of them, but because they decided the best thing to do, from the company perspective, it is not to touch it. That's why we haven't got simple things that would enrich the experience, like a list to sort players for set pieces, or a decrease in the likelihood of broken interaction with players happening.

- Roadmap. I don't doubt, sooner or later, all those broken things are going to be overhauled. SI would decide when it is convenient and realistic to do so, based on manpower and commercial strategy.

We can maybe agree or not with the commercial decisions that are taken, but nothing is done at random. So that's why, when you ask about those things, you get no answer: because the answer is not nice nor popular. SI knows better than anyone the problems with the game, SI decides what needs to be solved each year and what they can realistically do, SI build a roadmap based on expected sales and SI do not make small changes that mean nothing to the end goal of keep selling the saga for more years to come. And that's why you have all those tweets of self-congratulation and success, but silence when talking about the broken stuff that are ignored year after year. Not because of lack of knowledge, but because of commercial decisions.

And this is not a critic, or a claim that we, as players, are nothing to the company, or anything like that. It is just a realistic look at this thread, the success of the game and the critics that we see year after year that appear to be ignored. I myself have been critic with the game before, and I thought I was not going to buy FM23 but, ultimately, I tried the demo and got the full game. And I honestly don't regret it. Because there is little doubt that the game is very good and the ME feels very good. That's why all those positive steam reviews and all those numbers that SI proudly announces. The saga advance at one step each year, which always feel smaller than the step before, and the little things that make the game annoying to most of us, are still there and will stay there, at least, until FM24. All decisions are taken from a commercial point of view, and it is extremely naive to think otherwise. If you buy the game year after year, you need either to accept the company vision about the game, or come here and get prepared to be ignored if you complain about anything that is not related with this year's iteration.

And of course, one of the major issues is that certain desired improvements to the game - development model, greater dynamic potential, more nuanced player ratings, latest tactical innovations etc -  a) have come into widespread consciousness quite rapidly in recent years and b) would potentially require a ground up overhaul of so much of the entire game - and would involve a lot of work and expense, without necessarily seeing that reflected commercially or in terms of popularity.

The issue (as it was with Civ in historical 4x games) is that 1 title has become so successful and market dominant (and rightly so I hasten to add) that other developers are loathe to really offer serious competition because the investment to likely return simply isn't worth it. And without competition, there is no impetus to accelerate the pace of development.

That said, despite a few lingering issues, the new match engine IS a notable step forward, and probably makes a bigger difference to fans/customers than many of the other issues discussed.

But yes, the press conferences are terrible, and have been for years.

25 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

This has been a HUGE problem for YEARS and you're only third or fourth person I've seen mention it.

When you overachieve too much and get promoted too quickly (God forbid back-to-back promotions), your reputation doesn't update sufficiently and players still regard you as a club from a division or two below.

It's perfectly normal to win promotion with a tiny non-league club to the PL and in your first season in the elite division you have to sign players from League 1 and bottom Championship clubs, because players don't see you as a PL club yet. Many CH players won't even talk to you or look at your money.

The same applies to other nations, as well, not just England, btw.

Its not that unrealistic though, is it?

Hearts were able to sign a sought after player in Liam Boyce despite their relegation being almost certain, while smaller clubs who'd been promoted and sat higher in the league didnt stand a chance. This was due to him believing that in 2/3 years Hearts would be an established top flight side and the other clubs wouldnt.

I quite like the fact players wont join until you establish yourself tbh.

Some points
Upon trying it  its clear that my initial assumption was right this is the year of the cash grab ( only therm i can think of that fits this year release and the silence from SI clearly indicates that and how Miles brags of records on twitter ).
-Nothing this year is worthy of a full price  if there was an upgrade price for owners of the previous game for lets say 15£ sure i would not criticise so much . but small changes to the ME and database update + few animations and small tweaks nah . 
-Don't know what got SI thinking this was the right path or this years budget was blown in licenses . But extremely disappointed ( and my expectations were quite low based on the marketing prior to launch , yet somehow it surpassed it 
-Interface looks feels the same ( and in some areas really bad example: The UI for the new squad planner and recruitment meetings is hopelessly cluttered. You could click 15 different buttons on the screen - and still not get useful feedback from your actions.
-International management still feels like a joke .
-Graphics wise well it has not improved in years ( maybe get someone to make better models and you know stadiums?).
-SI decided to follow the industry trend of calling a public beta what in fact is a demo of the game has there were no changes in regards to feedback ( if that does not show path SI decided to follow i don't know what does it  ) 

Score:  Most disappointing FM and one i decided to skip ( first one i do) 

Edited by Aim_Less

Would be grateful if someone from SI could answer this as its not explained in the manual or in the game:

Where do the numbers come from in the squad comparison screen where you compare the attributes of your team to the average of the rest of the league (It's under Squad Planner -> Report -> Comparison). If my scouts haven't scouted every player in the league then how do they know the attribute scores of all the players in the league? Is there a degree of error in this based on our scouts knowledge?

Would be grateful if this could be answered, as I dont know if its what my scouts think or if its factual.

On 11/11/2022 at 18:38, Huey Lewis said:

So just because they designed and built the game from nothing, because there's some bugs they should just hand over the game code to someone else so they can do a better job, even though they have no idea about any of the code base. And everyone else has been completely unable to produce a game even close to the level of FM. 

How about EA or Ubisoft, so you can only add leagues as additional paid DLC? 

Calling for people to lose their jobs is pretty low.  And not sure how that can't be personal? Maybe they can only sack people that don't take offence eh? 

Nope they do not design the game from scratch it always has recycled code and FM on that is really really noticeable specially when last years bugs are still present 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not that unrealistic though, is it?

Hearts were able to sign a sought after player in Liam Boyce despite their relegation being almost certain, while smaller clubs who'd been promoted and sat higher in the league didnt stand a chance. This was due to him believing that in 2/3 years Hearts would be an established top flight side and the other clubs wouldnt.

I quite like the fact players wont join until you establish yourself tbh.

Agree on this tbh. 

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's actually not always recycled code. This is very much incorrect 

if i had access to the source code it would be easier to prove . but take a look how the game UI works and feels can you really tell me its "written from scratch " ? never , new code? maybe the very low number of additions , this is a patch not a full game 

Edited by Aim_Less

Just now, Aim_Less said:

if i had access to the source code it would be easier to prove . but take a look how the game UI works and feels can you really tell me its "written from scratch " ? never , at most this year besides the very low number of additions , this is a patch not a full game 

The game UI is a literal fraction of the game, if you think you could judge what's under the hood from that, you'd be quite incorrect to be frank 

6 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The game UI is a literal fraction of the game, if you think you could judge what's under the hood from that, you'd be quite incorrect to be frank 

its not just that its one example and this is a feedback thread so going on a lengthy rant that fall on death ears is useless  ( and fully understand your side i would not go and byte the hand that feeds).
I know how to code C# and  F Sharp and python , it may fool people with no knowledge in this regard  its not fooling  me . 
If that was the case has in the game is written from scratch each year? no way they can release yearly unless their swimming in cash to hire contractors  and crunching the devs to no end , writing the game from scratch is a multi year endeavour 

Edited by Aim_Less

9 hours ago, gechal said:

I think the game is fantastic, the match engine is the best I’ve seen by a mile. I remember the days where it was unplayable until February, so to have it like this from day one is terrific. 

The match analysis screen is my only issue, it’s not very user friendly and hasn’t changed for years. 

When you say match analysis, do you mean in game or post match? I argue SI have stripped out too much in game analysis imo. Perhaps we had too much pre FM21, but my view is that if you can track it live is something like who scored you should be able to track it live in FM. 

1 minute ago, Aim_Less said:

its not just that its one example and this is a feedback thread so going on a lengthy rant that fall on death ears is useless  ( and fully understand your side i would not go and byte the hand that feeds).
I know how to code C# and  F Sharp and python , it may fool people with no knowledge in this regard  its not fooling  me . 
If that was the case has in the game is written from scratch each year? no way they can release yearly unless their swimming in cash to hire contractors  and crunching the devs to no end 

If you know how to code, then you'd know not to assume reading the UI means you know everything under the hood. And that's all I'm going to go off topic for