*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, Slippy_ said:

I think the issue is the conversion of ongoing wide focuses into hits. Right now the UK and IE ongoing focus has 10 in progress, all who meet the critera. After another month of simming none of them make the hit list.

Thanks for the information. The quoted part is what would be useful to report for SI to investigate, ideally with the save to reproduce it. I can't say whether what you're mentioning is an issue, but at least it could get looked at.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, kamackeris said:

If a team in real life has an option to buy a loan player would that show in game? Hull City have Salah M'Hand on loan from arsenal with option to buy and looking at his contract (on xbox) I can't see that I have the first option to buy. Is this a dB error or is this not a thing in game? 

He has an optional fee set when I start a save in the PC version.  

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Thanks for the information. The quoted part is what would be useful to report for SI to investigate, ideally with the save to reproduce it. I can't say whether what you're mentioning is an issue, but at least it could get looked at.

I have uploaded multiple saves and reported as bugs few days after beta dropped and all they said is they cannot reproduce it and been ignoring the thread ever since.

From playing in Scotland, there needs to be more interaction between Head Researchers and the Celtic, Rangers and Hearts ones over how they rate their players in their B Teams.

For example, Johnny Kenny is absolutely flying in my save as Partick Thistle while on loan from Celtic with more goals than games played, when he's rounded on by QP fans in real life for being terrible, having not scored in ten games.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Did you guys completely forget to optimize match engine's GPU usage? Because I'm not playing the game again until GPU usage is fixed.

I've got a 5700XT and in way more intensive GPU games I won't approach anywhere near 80% usage.

In FM23 though, it's instant and permanent 90%+ as soon as the match starts, even when highlights are not being shown.

Tried several driver versions, despite everything working perfectly in other games, tried with default and custom performance settings.

On maxed out settings, which are obviously recommended, it's just burning the GPU for no reason at maximum load.

Even if I put everything down to low and use 60fps, which is ridiculous, considering I've got a high refersh rate monitor, it's still going to be at ~50% usage, just awful. When I'm playing other games with low GPU requirements, but still way more than FM's ME, I can have it at max settings, 250+ fps constant, while running two 1080p streams in the background as a test and still not go above 50%.

No, it's not my system. Every possible test and game has reasonable usage. Even when I use 2D classic on high settings it's permanently above 80% usage.

As soon as I'm out of the match, it's back down to sub 10%.

It wasn't a thing when the beta was just released, so something must've changed in that hotfix. So I thought it's going to be fine when the full game is out, but apparently it's not.

Maybe they are mining bitcoin.

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Did you guys completely forget to optimize match engine's GPU usage? Because I'm not playing the game again until GPU usage is fixed.

I've got a 5700XT and in way more intensive GPU games I won't approach anywhere near 80% usage.

In FM23 though, it's instant and permanent 90%+ as soon as the match starts, even when highlights are not being shown.

Tried several driver versions, despite everything working perfectly in other games, tried with default and custom performance settings.

On maxed out settings, which are obviously recommended, it's just burning the GPU for no reason at maximum load.

Even if I put everything down to low and use 60fps, which is ridiculous, considering I've got a high refersh rate monitor, it's still going to be at ~50% usage, just awful. When I'm playing other games with low GPU requirements, but still way more than FM's ME, I can have it at max settings, 250+ fps constant, while running two 1080p streams in the background as a test and still not go above 50%.

No, it's not my system. Every possible test and game has reasonable usage. Even when I use 2D classic on high settings it's permanently above 80% usage.

It wasn't a thing when the beta was just released, so something must've changed in that hotfix. So I thought it's going to be fine when the full game is out, but apparently it's not.

I did a post about this in the first days of beta, my 3060Ti is at 99% constantly, gave them screens and still nothing happening....i was not the only one

They do not care or do not know how to fix it, one of the two but at how things stand it`s both

This is maybe the worst optimized game on the market

Do not bother crying in here, it`s for nothing

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

image.jpeg.d3d3d3fc913aaff90f1dc859a9375ff6.jpeg

image.jpeg.3ec34ef1a15c9cc371581da3057a6978.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

I did a post about this in the first days of beta, my 3060Ti is at 99% constantly, gave them screens and still nothing happening....i was not the only one

They do not care or do not know how to fix it, one of the two but at how things stand it`s both

GPU usage in the task manager is misleading, it doesn't show you the card's power state and the clock rate. Get something like GPU-Z and then please post a screenshot from there, because I am curious as to what is the actual usage (could really be 99%, but GPU-Z will tell you exactly).

Edited by Zoolok42

7 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Yeah, this seems to be a serious issue. Oddly enough, usage seems to go down a bit when I lower the match speed, which should have nothing to do with GPU.

Just an oversight on their part, but it would at least be nice if they acknowledged it.

1 minute ago, Zoolok42 said:

GPU usage in the task manager is misleading, it doesn't show you the card's power state and the clock rate. Get something like GPU-Z and then please post a screenshot from there, because I am curious as to what is the actual usage (could really be 99%, but GPU-Z will tell you exactly).

It's always 80%+ for me, in both GPU-Z and AMD control center.

I noticed the issue only because my GPU got noticably loud (I've got it at 70% fan speed for 80%+ usage, which rarely happens) and I decided to check it out.

Inexcusable, tbh.

And it only started happening recently, wasn't a thing before that beta fix.

Edited by GunmaN1905

19 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

In 2017, just before FM 18 release, I bought a brand new PC that could run top AAA games on ultra settings. FM 18, however, ran like absolute garbage, I had to run it on medium settings to get 30 FPS in matches. When I (and many others) complained here, we were to told to update our drivers. I sh*t you not, that was a stock reply we all got. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

There you go mate, just started a match on FM and the GPU Z

image.gif.300db5402814386bfa282573db4993db.gif

GPU Load is at 85% on medium settings on a 3060Ti 

If i go high or very high it`s 99% gpu load

It`s not normal, RDR2 is at 45% on highest settings and a few other games smooth on 1440p and FM above medium feels like 15-20 fps

5 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

It`s not normal, RDR2 is at 45% on highest settings and a few other games smooth on 1440p and FM above medium feels like 15-20 fps

Ok, so the 3060Ti GPU clock goes up to 1665MHz, and yours is at 975MHz in that screenshot, and out of the 975MHz, the usage is 85%. 975MHz is a little less than 60% of the actual full GPU usage, so your card's processor is really running at about 50% of the actual possible 100% output. As for the memory, the clock is at its maximum 1750MHz, but you can see the memory controller load is only 20%. So in total, about 50% for the GPU, and 20% for the card's memory. That is still a bit high for what is on offer, I think, but nowhere near as bad as 99% usage.

Is there any rough dates for a patch?

I note from Steam's forums that SI are aware of some of the defensive issues highlighted in the BETA testing and they are currently working on them. As I've mentioned before, I don't think its really on to sell an unfinished version of the game and to fix it after people have bought it, but that seems to be the game industry these days.

Giving some clarity on when those changes are going to be made might be appropriate...

5 minutes ago, Nator said:

Is there any rough dates for a patch?

I note from Steam's forums that SI are aware of some of the defensive issues highlighted in the BETA testing and they are currently working on them. As I've mentioned before, I don't think its really on to sell an unfinished version of the game and to fix it after people have bought it, but that seems to be the game industry these days.

Giving some clarity on when those changes are going to be made might be appropriate...

There's usually an update shortly before Xmas.  I wouldn't expect to see anything before then unless there's a game-crashing bug out there.  Unless SI decide to be unpredictable of course.

26 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Just been watching this on my RTX 2070.  GPU varies significantly depending on how much of the crowd is being displayed.  People having high GPU usage may want to try taking crowd detail down a notch or two before reducing other details.  Seeing anywhere between 40% for just pitch and players to 80% with two tiers of fans in shot.

EDIT: Disabled crowd completely - GPU never above 55%.

Edited by rp1966

15 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Just been watching this on my RTX 2070.  GPU varies significantly depending on how much of the crowd is being displayed.  People having high GPU usage may want to try taking crowd detail down a notch or two before reducing other details.  Seeing anywhere between 40% for just pitch and players to 80% with two tiers of fans in shot.

I`m on Low crowd

6 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

I see the same behaviour with stuttering in the 3D ME and high usage, so probably a more widespread issue. I just didn't think to mention it because I was so annoyed with the squad planner and its minor in comparison

There are very few reports to consider it widespread. Regardless, they would still need technical details in the bugs forum before they could begin to look much deeper

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There are very few reports to consider it widespread. Regardless, they would still need technical details in the bugs forum before they could begin to look much deeper

Where to create it, even?

Bugs forum for 23 is empty.

And which data could we even provide? There are no crashes, so we don't even have any crash dump files.

None of the hardware performance tracking apps show anything suspicious.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Where to create it, even?

Bugs forum for 23 is empty.

And which data could we even provide? There are no crashes, so we don't even have any crash dump files.

None of the hardware performance tracking apps show anything suspicious.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/match-engine-art-animations-facegen-manager-creator-and-sounds/

CPU details, GPU details. CPU and GPU usage data, save game and if you can a video would be extremely helpful

one  way to make resizing columns in squad page table slightly easier might be to lock resizing of all columns which are between two separators, such that only the column in the outside of the separator resizes. Can you please implement that?

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

For me as well

When I'm playing with bigger stadium with full crowd I have lag in the ME

Buy when its friendly matches or much smaller stadium with less crowd the ME is 100 % smooth 

I feel the game is good, I enjoyed playing the beta quite a lot. The thing that bothers me is that I feel like I am still playing a beta version and the actual beta was an alfa version. This is not the first year I feel this way. Second thing that is really annoying is the UI bugs, especially the ones who worked on FM 22, have no new features, but then is broke on fm 23, some of the things was reported in the forums first day of the beta but still isn't fixed for the full release. I understand that match engine is very complicated and difficult, but the UI stuff should be spotless on a so called full release.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, HyperSimp said:

I cannot believe this is still not a thing, but why can I not just click one of the dots in the data hub to be directed to the player's page? This just seems super counter intuitive.
image.png.6219c1e5b681df0093452f8a33a7b450.png

Is a good idea and worth a shout on the feature request forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

Thanks. 

33 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Is a good idea and worth a shout on the feature request forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

Thanks. 

i too had posted the same in the bugs forum around 2 weeks back (it is a bug because the player names are actually a hyperlink, just that the popup closes too early). It was also reviewed and closed. And now i cant find it.

7 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

What do you have your render scale set at ?

I'm playing on a 1440p monitor and setting the render scale to 200% has the CPU getting pretty noisy. Probably not worth is for the tiny improvement on IQ.

4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I'm playing on a 1440p monitor and setting the render scale to 200% has the CPU getting pretty noisy. Probably not worth is for the tiny improvement on IQ.

It's on 100%, but even when I go with lowest possible settings (very low or off for everything, 25% render scale) it's still at 50% usage, which is just plain dumb. 8GB GPU at 50% usage for settings which could be run on a toaster with integrated GPU?

Anyhow, I made a topic in the subforum @themadsheep2001 suggested, let's try to make it the universal topic for GPU usage issues, maybe there's something we have in common that's causing this. Hopefully everyone with this issue posts in there, so the devs get more data. :thup:

If I am quite honest it is difficult to see a huge number of changes in FM23 compared to FM22. It seems well polished and runs well. Very light on new features, feels like a roster update with a few small things added on. Not a criticism of the quality, which is excellent, but the similarity.

Scout reports are still god awful though. The decision to not show attributes in a game that is entirely determined by attributes is still complete and utter nonsense. The scout reports are not detailed enough to make an informed decision. They are so generic, and players get a huge scouting boost based on their transfer value, for example. Which does not matter if the player has garbage attributes. The thing is, nobody is going to be using a scout report alone to decide to buy a player in FM. It can be used as a way to visually filter players and have them suggested without looking. But everyone is going to go check the attributes of that player. Because that is what FM is based upon. If the devs want people to use scout reports and scouting more, they should make it better and more useful, not hide info so you cannot see it. It was a big gripe in FM22 and it is identical here. At least make the panel editable so we can decide what information we want to see. It is an absolute chore to scout.

9 hours ago, hagedisboy said:

I get that there’s no such thing as a bug free game. I also get that you can’t make everyone happy. But what really bothers me is that there’s a lot of bugs that have been in the game for years and they’re not getting fixed, but SI ignore them and decide to focus on scarves and watches for your manager. Ironically enough, that also doesn’t work the way it should. 

I’m going to name a few examples. Player X wants to leave because he can earn more money elsewhere. So I say to him: okay, how much money do you want? Player X gets angry with me because ‘this is not about money!’ and half the squad is also mad at me. So, I have to let Player X go to keep the squad happy. The minute he gets sold, angry squad members come to me and ask me why in the world I would sell Player X because we can’t replace him. 

I still try to replace him. I make an offer for Player Y, it gets accepted, but there’s also another club that wants to sign him. I’m top of the table, the other team sits in 7th in the same league and doesn’t have a better reputation. After a long time, Player Y turns me down for the team in 7th, even though I offered him three times more money than they did. So annoying. And there’s loads more. I suggest SI would focus on this type of stuff instead of scarves that don’t work properly. 

That would be one bug, not a few.

Players do join clubs down the table rather than the team at the top with all the money.

Tavernier joined Bournemouth this season even though it was rumoured other PL teams were after him. Football is about choice for players.

If you want issues like the unhappy player looked at then the best place to post them would be the bugs forum, with examples and a save.

I am on your side regarding player unhappiness and conversations. I've had similar complaints in the past. Make a specific bug report for that issue because it does sound bizarre.

All well and good ranting here, but it needs examples and to be replicated for SI to attempt to tackle it.

Once I get my main save going I need to make a promise to myself to bug every issue with the social mechanics in the game. 

Edited by anagain

One of the disappointments of this years game version are definitely Press Conferences. Same old questions for the last 5+ years. Incredible, i really like to interact with press but it does not take long before you realize that the questions are all the same with some exceptions when the derby comes or some big matches, and even those interactions are done by some template.

Look at the media, social networks, they are more powerful than ever but in game they are just there as a feature, and not a good one.

Overhaul it, do something meaningful to it, make it more immersive because it is starting to lose sense. 

9 hours ago, Zoolok42 said:

Ok, so the 3060Ti GPU clock goes up to 1665MHz, and yours is at 975MHz in that screenshot, and out of the 975MHz, the usage is 85%. 975MHz is a little less than 60% of the actual full GPU usage, so your card's processor is really running at about 50% of the actual possible 100% output. As for the memory, the clock is at its maximum 1750MHz, but you can see the memory controller load is only 20%. So in total, about 50% for the GPU, and 20% for the card's memory. That is still a bit high for what is on offer, I think, but nowhere near as bad as 99% usage.

Looking at the graph for gpu load and power draw he most likely alt tabbed out of the game to get the ss, so the gpu core has gone down to 975mhz, it wouldnt just stay at 975mhz when the load goes up.

36 minutes ago, Pearomaniac said:

One of the disappointments of this years game version are definitely Press Conferences. Same old questions for the last 5+ years. Incredible, i really like to interact with press but it does not take long before you realize that the questions are all the same with some exceptions when the derby comes or some big matches, and even those interactions are done by some template.

Look at the media, social networks, they are more powerful than ever but in game they are just there as a feature, and not a good one.

Overhaul it, do something meaningful to it, make it more immersive because it is starting to lose sense. 

To be fair, press conferences in real life are very similar. 'can we have an update on MCs injury?', 'how did you rate DRs performance?' etc etc.

Ever watch Klopp get annoyed with the questions he is asked? This is because he probably hears the same awful questions week in, week out.

Any questions that seem out of place need to be bugged with saves.

On 09/11/2022 at 11:45, Jack Joyce said:

This is the second time I've seen someone mention home/away game balance in their feedback, but we're yet to see any convincing evidence that there's an issue.

image.png.dceb7ae2361c40bfcb0b174343fb253c.png

According to our statistics, people have a win rate of 66% at home and 51% away from home so far in FM23, which is within the ranges you can see from real football above, especially considering that a lot of people don't adapt their tactics for away matches.

The AI managers are a tougher challenge this year, which means that you might need to adjust your plans when you're away from home. Teams will have a plan to hurt you! Just to show the increased challenge this year - the overall win rate is 58%, when in FM22 it was 62%.

It was easier to get away with just playing the same plug-and-play tactic every match before than it is now.

I'm clearly missing something in the maths, but I'm assuming the stats above (and those taken from your tests) are taken from years worth of games - so a good size sample. So with that said, a home win rate of 66% in FM versus 48% in the PL (for example) is a massive difference, and way outside of any reasonable range (which you'd expect statistically to be measured in the 2/3 points either side, not nearly 20%!)

Or am I really missing something obvious here?