GK: Ryan, Redmayne, Vuckovic
RB: Atkinson, Karacic
LB: Behich, King
CB: Souttar, Rowles, Degenek, Deng, Wright
CM/DM: Keanu Baccus, Devlin, Irvine, Mooy, Hrustic, McGree
LW: Goodwin, Mabil
RW: Leckie, Boyle, Garang Kuol
ST: Duke, MacLaren, Cummings

Big omissions, Langerak, Rogic and Sainsbury.

Think you will see the whole of Edinburgh supporting Australia at this year's world cup with the 3 Hearts lads, Boyle and the 3 ex Hibs players (Cummings, MacLaren and Irvine). 

3 minutes ago, StevehFC said:

Think you will see the whole of Edinburgh supporting Australia at this year's world cup with the 3 Hearts lads, Boyle and the 3 ex Hibs players (Cummings, MacLaren and Irvine). 

Yes, 7 players in Scotland made the squad and one just missed out on the squad. Not a great sign for the team when a lot play in SPL. I remember the days when most of the squad was playing in the EPL and other top 5 leagues

7 minutes ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Yes, 7 players in Scotland made the squad and one just missed out on the squad. Not a great sign for the team when a lot play in SPL. I remember the days when most of the squad was playing in the EPL and other top 5 leagues

The thought of Jason Cummings and Martin Boyle playing upfront for Australia against France is crazy. :D

4 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Big day today. As a minimum, expecting USA, Wales, Croatia and France to “drop”. That’s assuming the Wikipedia squad page is correct.

Might be a few others as well because there are plenty on there without a specific announcement date given.

They're doing a live TV reveal this afternoon, so...yeah...

The big early leak is that Steffen is out. Turner, Horvath, and Johnson are in. 

4 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

They're doing a live TV reveal this afternoon, so...yeah...

The big early leak is that Steffen is out. Turner, Horvath, and Johnson are in. 

There goes my draft keeper, luckily only losing my weakest link (so far).

11 minutes ago, adhikapp said:

I count 4 keepers. That's a first, surely?

Must have changed the rules on that after going from 23 players overall to 26 players overall.

I know in the past it had to be 23 players, specifically with three goalkeepers.  Remember WC2010 when North Korea thought they could get away with only naming two keepers and giving themselves another outfield option.  But then the rules at the time meant they had put a random striker in their squad that was then only allowed to play in goal :D

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Must have changed the rules on that after going from 23 players overall to 26 players overall.

I know in the past it had to be 23 players, specifically with three goalkeepers.  Remember WC2010 when North Korea thought they could get away with only naming two keepers and giving themselves another outfield option.  But then the rules at the time meant they had put a random striker in their squad that was then only allowed to play in goal :D

Yes, a 4th goalkeeper is allowed now expanding to 26. Dutch NT may go for four as well.  We will find out on the 11th.

17 hours ago, thomyorkessoul said:

I'm not Australian, but I hope he fails to win anything just like Giuseppe Rossi did after he turned down USA. He could have been a massive star in the US and still won the same number of tournaments. Not to mention the amount of money he could have made on endorsements.

Reading up on him it seems like he has a massive ego and attitude problem so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Serie C in a few years.

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

Why on earth would you want to take an extra keeper though?

Dutch NT is considering a 4th goalkeeper as particular penalty stopper - like Tim Krul....

No idea why he can't be a 3rd instead of the 4th though.  And maybe we'll just bring three. But it's definitely considered.
Bijlow, Cillessen, Flekken seem likely
and then maybe a fourth in Noppert or Pasveer.  But if it's "just" three - it's anybody's guess.

1 hour ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Dutch NT is considering a 4th goalkeeper as particular penalty stopper - like Tim Krul....

No idea why he can't be a 3rd instead of the 4th though.  And maybe we'll just bring three. But it's definitely considered.
Bijlow, Cillessen, Flekken seem likely
and then maybe a fourth in Noppert or Pasveer.  But if it's "just" three - it's anybody's guess.

Does Pasveer really go from playing the last few Nations League games, to not making the squad? 

Who do we expect to be in the final 26? Saka has to be there, Foden obviously, do we expect Maguire to even get on the plane never mind the bench? :D anyways should be interesting if there should some surprises if there are any late injuries plaguing our final team confirmed or does FIFA allow any considerations given any late injuries after they've been confirmed? 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Barry Cartman said:

Does Pasveer really go from playing the last few Nations League games, to not making the squad? 

Possibly. Louis van Gaal really wanted to see him play to figure if he'll be a part of the squad. I think if we're looking at the best penalty saver, Noppert may get the nod. Then again, they've done "internal tests" on who the best penalty saver is - which I don't know the results of.
Personally I don't rate him ahead of Bijlow, or Flekken who is in great form. Some people say he's too old as well, but that's not very significant as you're calling him up to get as far in the World Cup as possible. But yeah, he can be in. He can be out. There's actually not one single definite goalkeeper. 

1 hour ago, thefmveteran86 said:

Who do we expect to be in the final 26? Saka has to be there, Foden obviously, do we expect Maguire to even get on the plane never mind the bench? :D anyways should be interesting if there should some surprises if there are any late injuries plaguing our final team confirmed or does FIFA allow any considerations given any late injuries after they've been confirmed? 

No question maguire goes,  he'll start also.

WALES

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Nottingham Forest), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Stoke City).

Defenders: Neco Williams (Nottingham Forest), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Joe Rodon (Rennes, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Mepham (Bournemouth), Ethan Ampadu (Spezia, on loan from Chelsea), Chris Gunter (AFC Wimbledon), Connor Roberts (Burnley), Tom Lockyer (Luton Town).

Midfielders: Aaron Ramsey (Nice), Joe Allen (Swansea City), Harry Wilson (Fulham), Joe Morrell (Portsmouth), Dylan Levitt (Dundee United), Rubin Colwill (Cardiff City), Jonny Williams (Swindon Town), Matthew Smith (Milton Keynes Dons), Sorba Thomas (Huddersfield Town).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Los Angeles FC), Dan James (Fulham, on loan from Leeds United), Kieffer Moore (Bournemouth), Mark Harris (Cardiff City), Brennan Johnson (Nottingham Forest).

5 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Happy enough with that Wales squad myself. 

Ryan Hedges couldn't have done more. Even with the expanded squad size we look light given all the injury concerns and banter/morale selections. Defence looks alright for numbers but Allen, Morrell, Ramsey, Wilson and Colwill all struggling for fitness this season. 

25 players and not a single natural RB. I still consider Pavard a CB playing RB anyways, but this squad seems so unbalanced. A little too many CBs. I'd have said probably one of Upamecano/Konate could be cut for Jonathan Clauss as a precaution, but Deschamps literally has an open slot. Idk, I seem a bit uneasy about this squad. And I get a bit bothered when managers don't bring a full squad of the allowed numbers. They're ruining dreams for players in some way.

20 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Looking at Wales - any particular reasons the following players haven't been selected? David Brooks, Paul Dummett, Rhys Norrington, Rabbi Matondo, Ryan Hedges, Tyler Roberts? (I didn't check if they are injured)

David Brooks had cancer. He's currently clear and back in training, and is going to travel to the tournament with the squad.

Dummett doesn't want to play for Wales, he's a Geordie. Norrington-Davies tore a hamstring the other day. Tyler Roberts is also injured.

Ryan Hedges should be in the squad. Good player in form. Matondo has been in and out of squads. Had some off the field issues in and around Wales camps. Don't think Rob Page is a fan (same as with Tome Lawrence).