FM23 Backgrounds (by stevemc) - Full Downloads Available NOW! (Update for Winter Patch)

stevemc

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2023 at 13:33, coop76 said:

Ive tried to download Stadiums but i now keep getting pop ups all the time and Sky Shield tried to block it, Any idea why?

I believe this is your parental controls with Sky, you'll need to login and change them.

On 25/01/2023 at 15:31, pedrosantos said:

My problem with backgrounds this year is that most skins seems to not support transparency (dark). Does anyone knows how to change this or know about skins that support transparency and backgrounds ?

I posted the skin I use which supports these, further up the thread^^

15 hours ago, stevemc said:

I believe this is your parental controls with Sky, you'll need to login and change them.

I posted the skin I use which supports these, further up the thread^^

I missed that :) Tnahk you. Can you please share how to edit transparency % ?

On 28/01/2023 at 17:05, bigbeezer said:

Hi,

Thanks fior the amazing work,

was there a previous version of this skin where small pictures of stadiums showed up as well? on the club page or something?

cheers

Sorry, the skin I created (which is basically the default skin with a few small tweaks) doesn't have stadiums on the club screen page.

22 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Is it possible to display the backgrounds, such as this one, in the mailbox menu and squad menu ? Thank you

image.thumb.png.e47571e4ee1dc8e4a7e1413265361b45.png

Check the ID's if they are different on the screens, then yes you can.

12 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Can you elaborate a little more ? Thanks :)

In preferences, you can turn on ID's (search ID in preferences and tick it) this shows if the page you want to add a background to has a unique ID code, in which case you can use a config file to code shots to different screens in the game.

5 hours ago, stevemc said:

In preferences, you can turn on ID's (search ID in preferences and tick it) this shows if the page you want to add a background to has a unique ID code, in which case you can use a config file to code shots to different screens in the game.

Thank you, I have it ticked, later I'm going to check the pages :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2023 at 06:52, pedrosantos said:

I missed that :) Tnahk you. Can you please share how to edit transparency % ?

On 27/01/2023 at 16:16, pedrosantos said:

Thank you my Tribal Chief :)

On 31/01/2023 at 12:00, Weston said:

Came here for this same thing. Thanks!

I have tried following this method numerous times but have had no success.  To be fair, I'm not very good at this stuff...but I do TRY and would really like to learn.  I'm probably doing/not doing something simple and obvious (but NOT obvious to me!).   

I like the default Base transparent skin transparency better, but as always like the stevemc tweaks better.  I've been using the base transparent skin (shhh, dont tell stevemc!) this edition.  I'd like to have "the best of both worlds," because...well...cuz I'm greedy! 

If any of you have success with this method I would greatly appreciate if you uploaded it.  I'm sure others would too!  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

with Everton moving to their new stadium soon, if i play will the background stadium for them change when they move? I know it will be hard as the stadium is not finishied yet, just thought their may have been a computer generated pic of it you might have used?  thanks anyway

2 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Hi Steve,

with Everton moving to their new stadium soon, if i play will the background stadium for them change when they move? I know it will be hard as the stadium is not finishied yet, just thought their may have been a computer generated pic of it you might have used?  thanks anyway

no picture will change without you replacing it (or si) but it's not hard, Just find a now picture, look uo the ID ingame and give the new picture that id and move it into the pack you're using and replace the old picture :)

11 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Hi Steve,

I've actually included Everton's new stadium, it's already coded in to appear under Bramley-Moore Dock (I think) - I'll replace the picture when a better version is available.

image.thumb.jpeg.95c1ab3e481568ec5dfef96a8791636b.jpeg

Edited by stevemc

20 hours ago, stevemc said:

I've actually included Everton's new stadium, it's already coded in to appear under Bramley-Moore Dock (I think) - I'll replace the picture when a better version is available.

it is coded under the stadium for the background, but if you are viewing Everton as a club, it will still show Goodison Park as the background, unless the config is updated manually

4 hours ago, the_hoyle said:

it is coded under the stadium for the background, but if you are viewing Everton as a club, it will still show Goodison Park as the background, unless the config is updated manually

You’d have to update that part manually when you reach that year ingame.

On 27/02/2023 at 21:53, stevemc said:

Hi mate,

thanks for replying.

thats ok, maybe one day i can learn how to put background in myself, not the best with tech tho so that may be a long way off, lol;

32 minutes ago, bigbeezer said:

Hi mate,

thanks for replying.

thats ok, maybe one day i can learn how to put background in myself, not the best with tech tho so that may be a long way off, lol;

Are you at that point in the game now where Everton are in the new stadium?

*UPDATE FOR WINTER PATCH*

6. FM23 Manager/Staff Pack

Updated this pack adding a couple hundred more images. Ajax & Germany staff backgrounds match the Real Name Fix config codes from sortitoutsi for Winter patch.

Steps to add to your game;

1. >DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE<

2. Unzip and place here: ‎⁨ 

[PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2023 ▸ ⁨graphics⁩ ▸ ⁨backgrounds⁩ ▸ ⁨staff

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2023 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ staff

3. Go to preferences, ensure "Reload skin when confirming changes in Preference" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too), click "Reload Skin" and click "confirm" (bottom right).

Post on page 1 also updated this latest file.

*UPDATE FOR WINTER PATCH*

• stevemc changed the title to FM23 Backgrounds (by stevemc) - Full Downloads Available NOW! (Update for Winter Patch)

Hey Steve! Thanks for your hard work. In my usual skin rotation, I also use your excellent, modified base one. Have you had the chance to check out if it still working fine after the winter patch? I just finished downloading the update but I can't boot up the game right now.

8 minutes ago, Lucas78 said:

Hey Steve! Thanks for your hard work. In my usual skin rotation, I also use your excellent, modified base one. Have you had the chance to check out if it still working fine after the winter patch? I just finished downloading the update but I can't boot up the game right now.

Had a quick look, all looks fine so far mate!

Hi steve,

im a total novice but is there any way i can try and add stadium pics to the game? like adding a few for celtic park to the pack of yours i already have? How would i go about doing that mate? in the simplest possible terms lol

On 14/03/2023 at 17:25, bigbeezer said:

Hi steve,

im a total novice but is there any way i can try and add stadium pics to the game? like adding a few for celtic park to the pack of yours i already have? How would i go about doing that mate? in the simplest possible terms lol

Celtic Park is already in my pack - do mean overwrite it with a different pic?

On 16/03/2023 at 19:27, stevemc said:

Celtic Park is already in my pack - do mean overwrite it with a different pic?

Kinda,

is there only 1 pic you can use? or can you use a few and the game generates them?

Just interested to find out more really about how it all works,

thanks

Out of interest,

what sizes and formats do pics need to be? I may have a few i can send you?  cheers

5 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Kinda,

is there only 1 pic you can use? or can you use a few and the game generates them?

Just interested to find out more really about how it all works,

thanks

Out of interest,

what sizes and formats do pics need to be? I may have a few i can send you?  cheers

As far as I'm aware you can only record one picture into one screen. Pictures can be any size but I use 2560x1600px for a higher quality.

Edited by stevemc

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2023 at 18:59, stevemc said:

As far as I'm aware you can only record one picture into one screen. Pictures can be any size but I use 2560x1600px for a higher quality.

In 0102 pic config you could add multiple images for 1 stadium or background,

This is the entry i have for Anfield,

Anfield: anf2712.rgn, anf2812.rgn, anfield243.rgn, anfield120.rgn, anfieldshanks.rgn, anf2812.rgn

as long as you put a comma followed by a space it works.

Maybe worth testing?

On 19/03/2023 at 18:59, stevemc said:

Thats a pain,

does the city background back not have multiple images of the same city?

cheers

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2022 at 18:18, stevemc said:

Hi mate I’ve downloaded this to use as my skin but numbers behind players don’t show do I need to download something else or download your initial skin link and then this one I’m lost ? Great work and thanks for all you do can’t play the game without the pics you do 

Edited by smurfygray
Wrong word

• 4 months later...

I'm working on updating these ready for FM24, however I'm not sure if they'll continue into FM25 - FM25 feels like it might be a new start and totally different in terms of skin/menus (hopefully they keep the current unique ID's too) so may not suit the backgrounds that I've been creating for years, we'll have to see. Hopefully they release some teasers screenshots next year to give us an indication of what it might look like.

52 minutes ago, stevemc said:

I'm working on updating these ready for FM24, however I'm not sure if they'll continue into FM25 - FM25 feels like it might be a new start and totally different in terms of skin/menus (hopefully they keep the current unique ID's too) so may not suit the backgrounds that I've been creating for years, we'll have to see. Hopefully they release some teasers screenshots next year to give us an indication of what it might look like.

for one person it's just a titanic job and even playing in Spain I had to replace a lot of photos of cities and stadiums on my own because the existing ones are of terrible quality. did you consider putting the project somewhere on git so that people could suggest their changes, and you only approved or rejected them?
I think in this way the quality of the set would increase many times, and the time for its support would decrease many times

On 17/09/2023 at 14:13, Olas Nick said:

for one person it's just a titanic job and even playing in Spain I had to replace a lot of photos of cities and stadiums on my own because the existing ones are of terrible quality. did you consider putting the project somewhere on git so that people could suggest their changes, and you only approved or rejected them?
I think in this way the quality of the set would increase many times, and the time for its support would decrease many times

The work doesn't bother me (sadistically quite enjoy it), it's the default skin with the game is the reason I started this background project in the first place (plus I'm an old CM player), for me there's not enough differentiation between screens with the default skin that comes with the game, it's stale and boring IMO and doesn't feel different wether you land on the Manchester United screen, Champions League screen or Serie A screen, for example - so high quality backgrounds help with this, and with added immersion.

I'd expect FM25 to have a way better/different out-of-the-box default skin (or more skin options - or customisable skin options - built in) given how much work goes into skinning on this forum, I'd imagine that's already in the thought process for FM25m coupled with better UX - therefore the backgrounds may not be needed or may not work, in their current form.

We'll have to see what FM25 brings.

But for FM24, they'll be back and bigger/tidier. :thup:

Edited by stevemc

• 1 month later...