[FM23] Base Skin NO FACES MOD V1.19 released on 31/03/2023

Marco Borghesi

Hi everyone. This project is moving on ... i've just updated the progress at the top. 

I've come across few thing I can't work out ... hope you can help me find out which is the correct file

In the Dugout Panel ... i can't find out which file take care of the Ass. Manager picture 

Hope you can help me

Screenshot 2022-11-21 alle 16.45.35.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

match feed item panel.xml and delete/edit the bottom part of the file where you have this code.

<!--person/role/time-->
	<container id="pcon">
		<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize_centre" horizontal_alignment="left,extend"/>

<!--person/role-->
		<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="PPic" width="20" height="20">
			<boolean id="scale_picture" value="true" />
			<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />
			<flags id="image_alignment" value="centre" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="text" id="Pers" font="title" size="small" auto_size="all" colour="text"/>

<widget class="text" id="time" alignment="right" size="small" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical" />

</container>

21 minutes ago, keysi said:

match feed item panel.xml and delete/edit the bottom part of the file where you have this code.

<!--person/role/time-->
	<container id="pcon">
		<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize_centre" horizontal_alignment="left,extend"/>

<!--person/role-->
		<widget class="object_portrait_picture" id="PPic" width="20" height="20">
			<boolean id="scale_picture" value="true" />
			<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />
			<flags id="image_alignment" value="centre" />
		</widget>
		<widget class="text" id="Pers" font="title" size="small" auto_size="all" colour="text"/>

<widget class="text" id="time" alignment="right" size="small" colour="faded text" auto_size="vertical" />

</container>

Thank you @keysi it worked ... with this I believe i've completed the Match section as well. Thank you soooo much for your help

On 16/11/2022 at 16:48, Marco Borghesi said:

So. Medical centre is done. But I can't still sort these 2 pages.
First one ... Injury Update i can't find how to manage to remove the faces.
Second one ... is Expected Play Time.

Really appreciated any help. At least so i can carry on with the game and find out what's left LOL 

Screenshot 2022-11-16 alle 16.45.45.png

143198_Screenshot2022-11-16alle10_12_55.png.6ab6cc94c9bd1df154cd67ff59e57a6d.png

While i got you here @keysi do you know, by any chance, how SI manage some tables in the news sections? Like this one i'm posting. I left them behind because i really can't figure that out. I've tried this morning again but i can't really make any sense out of it?

9 hours ago, Marco Borghesi said:

While i got you here @keysi do you know, by any chance, how SI manage some tables in the news sections? Like this one i'm posting. I left them behind because i really can't figure that out. I've tried this morning again but i can't really make any sense out of it?

Can you share that specific file where it is?

12 hours ago, keysi said:

Can you share that specific file where it is?

Sure. The Injures one I believe is 'inbox content with physio update panel.xml'

The second one Time expectation play is 'club playing times for upcoming season panel.xml'

I'm 99% sure these are the file but I can't figure out how to remove them. I believe, if i crack these two, I'll be able to understand how they made few others that work in similar way

Thank you for your help @keysi

4 hours ago, Marco Borghesi said:

Sure. The Injures one I believe is 'inbox content with physio update panel.xml'

The second one Time expectation play is 'club playing times for upcoming season panel.xml'

I'm 99% sure these are the file but I can't figure out how to remove them. I believe, if i crack these two, I'll be able to understand how they made few others that work in similar way

Thank you for your help @keysi

I checked that physio update panel and no matter what I deleted or changed, it remained here.

Hi guys ... while i'm carry on sorting thing etc ... i've been able to add the kit on the Player Stat but i can't figure out what to do on the 'TRAINING PERFORMANCE PANEL'

I've done this thinking it might work but it doesn't. Do you guys know what i can do?

Thank you as always

<panel>
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!--Outstanding Performer -->
	<container class="inner_box" id="titl" colour="text" force_title_borders="true">
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />
		<container id="perC">
			<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="60,-1" vertical_offset="0" />

<container class="main_transparent_box_no_margin" id="bkgr" >
				<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_centre" horizontal_layout="70, -5, -4" horizontal_offset="4" />

<widget id="bak1" class="kit_icon" image_alignment="left" width="140" kit_zoom_level="3" priority="1" late_loading="true"/>

<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="1" horizontal_inset="0" />
					<widget class="person_button" id="plnm" info_popup_enabled="true" person_is_player="true" auto_size="vertical" font="bold" colour="white" navigation_focus_target="true" />
					<container>
						<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="left" vertical_alignment="top" />

<widget class="icon_button" id="Dbut" appearance="buttons/subtle/normal/button" red_replacement="white" icon="icons/16px/speech bubble" click_event="Hdis" auto_size="all" colour="white"  navigation_focus_target="true">
							<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="white" />
						</widget>
					</container>
				</container>
				<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_inset="0" />
					<widget class="text" auto_size="vertical" font="label" colour="white">
						<translation id="text" translation_id="466504" type="use" value="Training Rating[COMMENT: a rating of how well the player is getting on in training]" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" file="widgets/training rating with change icon" id="plci" should_colour="false"  auto_size="vertical"  navigation_focus_target="false" />
				</container>
			</container>

<!-- Other players -->
			<widget class="table" id="ptbl" mode="fill_rows,stripe_rows,hide_headings" layout="-1, 50" auto_size="none" />
		</container>
		<widget class="text" id="noBD" alignment="centre" hidden="true">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="469534" type="use" value="There have been no bad performances worth noting in training this week[Comment: Training fix for bug 188141 - situation where there are no bad training performers to display]" />
		</widget>
	</container>
</panel>

Screenshot 2022-11-24 alle 09.45.21.png

13 minutes ago, Marco Borghesi said:

LOL I just like the idea of a Skin with any face like the old days before FM branding. That's it. I've also find out, while having little playing ... you have to pay attention a little bit more getting to know your team instead of using faces. Not sure if it does make any sense?

fair enough and it's all good, was just curious.. we all play the game in different. ways and have different wishes for skins etc

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

fair enough and it's all good, was just curious.. we all play the game in different. ways and have different wishes for skins etc

I've to be honest ... it is getting difficult now, that's why i'm asking so many questions. I don't have any coding knowledge and i'm getting lost. LOL

Just now, Marco Borghesi said:

I've to be honest ... it is getting difficult now, that's why i'm asking so many questions. I don't have any coding knowledge and i'm getting lost. LOL

yeah i've noticed.. some of the table hidden stuff...

not something i'll stick my fingers in, so i just remain silent :D 

22 minutes ago, snowofman said:

yeah i've noticed.. some of the table hidden stuff...

not something i'll stick my fingers in, so i just remain silent :D 

LOL do not worry ... i don't want people to feel obligated LOL if someone can help i'll appreciated if can't i know there millions reason behind that ... it is totally fine

5 hours ago, Marco Borghesi said:

Hi guys ... while i'm carry on sorting thing etc ... i've been able to add the kit on the Player Stat but i can't figure out what to do on the 'TRAINING PERFORMANCE PANEL'

I've done this thinking it might work but it doesn't. Do you guys know what i can do?

Thank you as always

<panel>

<!--Outstanding Performer -->
	<container class="inner_box" id="titl" colour="text" force_title_borders="true">
		<container id="perC">
			<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_layout="60,-1" vertical_offset="0" />

<container class="main_transparent_box_no_margin" id="bkgr" >
				<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_centre" horizontal_layout="70, -5, -4" horizontal_offset="4" />

<widget id="bak1" class="kit_icon" image_alignment="left" width="140" kit_zoom_level="3" priority="1" late_loading="true"/>

<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="1" horizontal_inset="0" />
					<widget class="person_button" id="plnm" info_popup_enabled="true" person_is_player="true" auto_size="vertical" font="bold" colour="white" navigation_focus_target="true" />
					<container>
						<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="left" vertical_alignment="top" />

<widget class="icon_button" id="Dbut" appearance="buttons/subtle/normal/button" red_replacement="white" icon="icons/16px/speech bubble" click_event="Hdis" auto_size="all" colour="white"  navigation_focus_target="true">
							<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="white" />
						</widget>
					</container>
				</container>
				<container>
					<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="0" horizontal_inset="0" />
					<widget class="text" auto_size="vertical" font="label" colour="white">
						<translation id="text" translation_id="466504" type="use" value="Training Rating[COMMENT: a rating of how well the player is getting on in training]" />
					</widget>
					<widget class="property_list_viewer_xml_panel" file="widgets/training rating with change icon" id="plci" should_colour="false"  auto_size="vertical"  navigation_focus_target="false" />
				</container>
			</container>

<!-- Other players -->
			<widget class="table" id="ptbl" mode="fill_rows,stripe_rows,hide_headings" layout="-1, 50" auto_size="none" />
		</container>
		<widget class="text" id="noBD" alignment="centre" hidden="true">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="469534" type="use" value="There have been no bad performances worth noting in training this week[Comment: Training fix for bug 188141 - situation where there are no bad training performers to display]" />
		</widget>
	</container>
</panel>

Screenshot 2022-11-24 alle 09.45.21.png

@snowofman do you know this one by any chance?

28 minutes ago, Marco Borghesi said:

@snowofman do you know this one by any chance?

I can see that you have tried to replace the face widget with a kit widget.

take a look at the post i've shared here.

it's for kit behind a player face, i've added the file that control the kit aswell.

the same grabbing code and file should work in this case aswell, as i believe it all comes down to how the kit is grabbed and put in

edit: typo's etc

Edited by snowofman

46 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I can see that you have tried to replace the face widget with a kit widget.

take a look at the post i've shared here.

it's for kit behind a player face, i've added the file that control the kit aswell.

the same grabbing code and file should work in this case aswell, as i believe it all comes down to how the kit is grabbed and put in

edit: typo's etc

it's the bit about head kit pop up thing?

16 minutes ago, snowofman said:

yes, there is ofc no guarantee that it works, but as the way you tried didnt, it could be the way the kit is grabbed 

yes ... didn't work but thank you for the hint. Thing is ... they way at SI made the file are inconsistent LOL it should be so simple ... like you have those kits file ... having a face one ... and turn them on and off :)

7 hours ago, Marco Borghesi said:

Its how you learn tbh. Just keep going and keep your head up with it

Actually i did better. And i've been able to get out the team logo but i can't figure out how to get it stick to the text.

<!--dynamic image here please-->
				<container id="bak1" height="140">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>
					<container width="110">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" apply_to_children="true"/>

<widget id="bak1" class="kit_icon" image_alignment="left" width="140" kit_zoom_level="3" priority="1" late_loading="true">
							<record id="object_property" get_property="Pers" set_property="objt"/>
						</widget>      

</container>
				</container>

<widget class="container" height="9"/>

<!-- person club -->
				<widget class="team_button" id="pclb" icon_enabled="true" format="[%team#1-long]" auto_size="vertical" size="15" spec="text" colour="text" alignment="centre" navigation_focus_target="true">
					<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal"/>
					<record id="object_property" get_property="Pcte" set_property="valu"/>
				</widget>

<!-- person name -->
				<widget class="person_button" id="pnam" auto_size="vertical" spec="text" style="bold" colour="text" alignment="centre" size="15">
					<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal"/>
				</widget>

<!-- person description -->
				<widget class="player_age_and_description_widget" id="ppos" auto_size="vertical" spec="text" colour="text" alignment="top" file="none">
					<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="middle" horizontal_offset="0" vertical_inset="0"/>
					<widget class="text" id="mtxt" auto_size="vertical" width="230" multiline="true">
						<translation id="text" translation_id="347559" type="use" value="[%number#1] year-old [%player_description#1][COMMENT: inbox person information panel; person description]" />
					</widget>
				</widget>

Do you know guys how this can be fix?

Screenshot 2022-11-25 alle 09.32.37.png

1 hour ago, Marco Borghesi said:

@snowofman or @keysi I think i made a mistake at some point but can't figure out.
Can you please help me found out what file controls that section?

1196737731_Screenshot2022-11-25alle15_47_44.thumb.png.ee647aa3bdaa9d6d9307f5e910f29c6f.png

without knowing, i would say you've either removed a container or the values of the width

if it was me, i would grab the default file and compare it to what you've done and fit the issue that way

On 05/11/2022 at 14:26, bluestillidie00 said:

Wouldn't even need to do that. Just edit your skin_config.xml

Hi @michaeltmurrayuk i've followed this. Now i have a skin but my main screen has changed.i don't have background anymore. I've copied my panels folder into 2023 Base Skin as it is and reload the skin. It is all good a part the background that is gone everywhere. What have i missed?

Screenshot 2022-11-30 alle 10.07.37.png

Screenshot 2022-11-30 alle 10.07.14.png

5 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

have you copied either

client object browser (that will affect the background)

titlebar

current game date widget

Thank you @bluestillidie00 for your reply. Ii've actually find out that my "current game date widget.xml' file has something to do with it, once I moved over my 'panels' folder.
So right now, i'm keeping out of the skin. Does that file effect the game? Do i need to put it back?

Edited by Marco Borghesi

5 minutes ago, Marco Borghesi said:

Thank you @bluestillidie00 for your reply. Ii've actually find out that my "current game date widget.xml' file has something to do with it, once I moved over my 'panels' folder.
So right now, i'm keeping out of the skin. Does that file effect the game? Do i need to put it back?

any file you don't have in the skin will be grabbed from the game

@Marco Borghesi Amazing work.  I have always wanted a 'no faces' option included with the game.  Seeing the pain you are going through to achieve this possibly shows why SI have never implemented it :lol:.  Out of interest, do you think that you will now find it easier to be able to re-create the skin for future FM releases? 

10 hours ago, Squinty13 said:

@Marco Borghesi Amazing work.  I have always wanted a 'no faces' option included with the game.  Seeing the pain you are going through to achieve this possibly shows why SI have never implemented it :lol:.  Out of interest, do you think that you will now find it easier to be able to re-create the skin for future FM releases? 

Thank you @Squinty13 I agree with you on the pain LOL. On your second question ... welllll ... i don't know ... i Hope it will LOL.
By the way ... I hope to have a Version 1.0 soon even if there will be ... some faces left behind LOL

On 16/11/2022 at 16:48, Marco Borghesi said:

So. Medical centre is done. But I can't still sort these 2 pages.
First one ... Injury Update i can't find how to manage to remove the faces.
Second one ... is Expected Play Time.

Really appreciated any help. At least so i can carry on with the game and find out what's left LOL 

Screenshot 2022-11-16 alle 16.45.45.png

143198_Screenshot2022-11-16alle10_12_55.png.6ab6cc94c9bd1df154cd67ff59e57a6d.png

@wkdsoul i've seen your insane (amazing) work on your player page. So ... considering your great expertise, I was wondering if you can help me figure out these 2 pages that I can't work them out.
Basically i'm trying to removing completely the portrait from the game. I'm doing well so far but these 2 are driving me crazy. 
Is there a way you know or you can help me find out what's trigger those silly faces?
:) this is a desperate request of help LOL

I’m guessing here, without seeing the panel, but they look like a person button widget with portrait.

In widgets there are a fair few panels called something like player info with portrait, player button with portrait, person button with portrait etc. (from memory - might be “with picture”. They definitely have “with” in the title 😊

As you are wanting to remove all faces I would def look in the widgets folders for all of these examples (they all have “with portrait” or “with picture”)

(Not on PC atm so apologies for not having correct names)

5 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I’m guessing here, without seeing the panel, but they look like a person button widget with portrait.

In widgets there are a fair few panels called something like player info with portrait, player button with portrait, person button with portrait etc. (from memory - might be “with picture”. They definitely have “with” in the title 😊

As you are wanting to remove all faces I would def look in the widgets folders for all of these examples (they all have “with portrait” or “with picture”)

(Not on PC atm so apologies for not having correct names)

thank @Tyburn i'll give it a go now

If you have already found the inbox panel(s) they should direct you to which widget is being used.

If you can’t find the inbox panel, as you want to remove ALL faces anyway, then editing the “with” widget panels “should” pick up the faces on the inbox panels.

I say “should”, because without seeing the panel myself I am purely guessing the faces here are controlled by a widget.

16 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

If you have already found the inbox panel(s) they should direct you to which widget is being used.

If you can’t find the inbox panel, as you want to remove ALL faces anyway, then editing the “with” widget panels “should” pick up the faces on the inbox panels.

I say “should”, because without seeing the panel myself I am purely guessing the faces here are controlled by a widget.

this is the general why i'm working out. So far i'm doing ok. These 2 pages i've posted, i've found the xml file but can't find out what controls them. I'm looking into all widget file now like you've suggested :)