[Suggestion] Allow squad numbers for national teams for all matches

youngs15

IRL, nearly all national teams have squad numbers assigned to players for each set of international fixtures (even for friendlies). I'm quite obsessive about squad numbers and I can only think of one national side who don't do this (England). It therefore makes sense to allow this option in game when managing a national team. You should be able to assign squad numbers from when you submit your squad (you would get a "must respond" inbox item once the squad has been confirmed).

In terms of retaining those numbers, the assignment would remain in place until the next squad confirmation date (much like how you have to confirm squad numbers at the start of each club season - the existing assignment remains in place).

Without this, you're forced to use the default 1-11 assignment to your starting XI which is very restrictive and ruins the immersion somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically even England assign squad-numbers that way, although it's on a game-by-game basis.

I'm sure that there have been the odd occasion where an injury in the warm-up have caused England to start with an odd-number on the pitch as opposed to 1-11.

Most recently in Wayne Rooney's international swan-song he started on the bench with #10 I think?

Would be easy to do, just have a tick-box if you wanted to use squad-numbers in your options menu, or have them 'auto-assign' 1-11 for the starting - XI on the selection screen and you can make changes after?