[FM23] German Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, 3. Liga, (and Regionalliga)

tyro

I always played with Hertha until they had stacks of cash. Looks like it's coming to a nasty end for them in real life so FM24 might be back to normal.

However I set up a save with the intention of fast forwarding a year to get a team promoted and at the end of the season what do you know, Hertha got themselves relegated. So I'm in.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/01/2023 at 22:35, MarvBAFC said:

Gone back to my yearly Hamburg save. Currently sitting top at the World Cup break.

1264230435_Screenshot2023-01-14222848.png.8fcb90d0a57155b2b2e92717329e31b2.png

Jatta has been my star man so far, only problem is that RB Leipzig have now matched his release clause of 2.5m. This means he will be moving on. Unfortunately i had to put the clause in at the start of the season to get him signed to a new contract or would of upset the dynamics.

I'm pondering to replace him or use the funds for elsewhere. 

Managed to get some good free transfers in, William (ex Wolfsburg) has been gold so far, Lino has also come in as my new 2nd GK with a view to him being my 1st choice.

Ended up getting promoted as champions with 80 points (24 ahead of 2nd). Unfortunately suffered a loss during the season. 

Currently planning for a hard season in the Bundesliga, looking like I may lose last seasons top goalscorer Glatzel. Looking to replace him with Selke at Herta (who went down) but they want the £7m release clause and he’s looking for 70k a week in wages. 

11 hours ago, MarvBAFC said:

Ended up getting promoted as champions with 80 points (24 ahead of 2nd). Unfortunately suffered a loss during the season. 

Currently planning for a hard season in the Bundesliga, looking like I may lose last seasons top goalscorer Glatzel. Looking to replace him with Selke at Herta (who went down) but they want the £7m release clause and he’s looking for 70k a week in wages. 

If you want a cheap alternative and you have players from the Belarusian league you might want to look into buying Bobir Abdiholiqov who is a 25 year old Uzbekistan striker who has finishing of 16 and he has been good for me in my Hearts save and he was good for me with FC Groningen. 

He knows how to score and he only cost me £350k

image.thumb.png.6316129938e14bf57583be223de7ec66.png

image.thumb.png.148b293950764d159251201613741825.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dortmund could be an interesting save this year. Despite the reputation for bringing through young players that can be sold on for huge profits, in the last few years they've reinvested that money on older players on ridiculous wages. There is a lot of chaff you can move on, and Germany is always a good source of young talent to replace them with.

On 02/02/2023 at 22:12, dothestrand said:

Dortmund could be an interesting save this year. Despite the reputation for bringing through young players that can be sold on for huge profits, in the last few years they've reinvested that money on older players on ridiculous wages. There is a lot of chaff you can move on, and Germany is always a good source of young talent to replace them with.

Reus & Hummels arent good anymore and Can, Meunier and others are on huge wages while they are average at best. Need to shift them and build around Bellingham & Moukoko.

• 1 month later...

So, after the winter update I started all over again but this time managing Hamburg.

The squad quality is more than enough to get promoted to the Bundesliga, the biggest challenge is going to be the next season.

Anyone playing with HSV too?

On 12/03/2023 at 12:46, LucasBR said:

So, after the winter update I started all over again but this time managing Hamburg.

The squad quality is more than enough to get promoted to the Bundesliga, the biggest challenge is going to be the next season.

Anyone playing with HSV too?

HSV is a brilliant save. I’ve done one on the past 4 FMs. 

I started again after my previous post (pre-update) stormed the 2. Bundesliga and made it to the final of the Pokel, only to lose 1-0 in the final to Bayern in the last min. Heartbreaking. 

Second season going really well so fair. Current in 6th place in the running for CL. Fernandes just picked up a 6 week injury right as we are about to hit the final run in, hopefully Raab can step up. Paul Wanner on loan from Bayern is a great pick up if you can get him. 

I will post some screenshots later. 

8 hours ago, MarvBAFC said:

HSV is a brilliant save. I’ve done one on the past 4 FMs. 

I started again after my previous post (pre-update) stormed the 2. Bundesliga and made it to the final of the Pokel, only to lose 1-0 in the final to Bayern in the last min. Heartbreaking. 

Second season going really well so fair. Current in 6th place in the running for CL. Fernandes just picked up a 6 week injury right as we are about to hit the final run in, hopefully Raab can step up. Paul Wanner on loan from Bayern is a great pick up if you can get him. 

I will post some screenshots later. 

That's nice to hear man!

I've played with them a couple editions back, it was one of my nicest saves.

How did you setup up your team on first season?

I sold Moritz Heyer and Jatta.

1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

That's nice to hear man!

I've played with them a couple editions back, it was one of my nicest saves.

How did you setup up your team on first season?

I sold Moritz Heyer and Jatta.

Jatta is brilliant. His Physicals mate up for his lack of technicals.    

Started as a 4-3-3 DM using RDFs 4-3-3 video he put up recently. It explains the evolution as you go up to a top league.

As you can see below, heart-breaking.

Morgalla at 1860 München is a must buy. Also Miklebrencis develops well as a Wing Back.  

Screenshot2023-03-14201929.thumb.png.ce798fe783f10a95bd2319055429085f.png

Onto the final run in of the second season now. Lots of the 1st season squad remain, managed to get Amiri on loan from Bayer 04 who has been brilliant as a B2B keeping Reis out. My DOF has managed to get Julian Draxlar and Diego Demme on free transfers for next season to add some much needed class and experience to my side. On the look out for a top centre back to partner Morgalla going forward. Looking to move Vuskovic to DM as i feel his attributes fit the role as a more all rounder, but he may struggle to get infront of Demme. Really enjoying this save had some fantastic results this season, beating Dortmund 3 times and coming from 2-0 against Bayern to win 3-2! Now onto the final league games and another semi in the Pokel!

Screenshot2023-03-14202450.png.f6a8dc8d9423ceb87f728246bd8ea3c0.png

5 minutes ago, MarvBAFC said:

Jatta is brilliant. His Physicals mate up for his lack of technicals.    

Started as a 4-3-3 DM using RDFs 4-3-3 video he put up recently. It explains the evolution as you go up to a top league.

As you can see below, heart-breaking.

Morgalla at 1860 München is a must buy. Also Miklebrencis develops well as a Wing Back.  

Screenshot2023-03-14201929.thumb.png.ce798fe783f10a95bd2319055429085f.png

Onto the final run in of the second season now. Lots of the 1st season squad remain, managed to get Amiri on loan from Bayer 04 who has been brilliant as a B2B keeping Reis out. My DOF has managed to get Julian Draxlar and Diego Demme on free transfers for next season to add some much needed class and experience to my side. On the look out for a top centre back to partner Morgalla going forward. Looking to move Vuskovic to DM as i feel his attributes fit the role as a more all rounder, but he may struggle to get infront of Demme. Really enjoying this save had some fantastic results this season, beating Dortmund 3 times and coming from 2-0 against Bayern to win 3-2! Now onto the final league games and another semi in the Pokel!

Screenshot2023-03-14202450.png.f6a8dc8d9423ceb87f728246bd8ea3c0.png

That's great man!

Jatta was quite annoying asking for more playing time, had to sell him lol!

You're doing great! What video is that? 

Glatzel has been great for me so far.

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

That's great man!

Jatta was quite annoying asking for more playing time, had to sell him lol!

You're doing great! What video is that? 

Glatzel has been great for me so far.

Glatzel is a beast. Get him signed to a new contract asap. Always big clubs fishing around him. 

this video, 

he used Norwich so it’s a good listen and goes over the 1st 5 seasons so you can see the evolution of the tactic. I’ve started adding my own tweaks now to suit.  

7 minutes ago, MarvBAFC said:

Glatzel is a beast. Get him signed to a new contract asap. Always big clubs fishing around him. 

this video, 

he used Norwich so it’s a good listen and goes over the 1st 5 seasons so you can see the evolution of the tactic. I’ve started adding my own tweaks now to suit.  

Thanks man, I'll take a look!

My first tactic was this same shape, decided to change to 4231 attacking pressing system.

Has anyone had success managing Hertha? I tried with them twice using two different tactics (both mine) and always ended up getting sacked... Their squad is really poor and board expectations are still quiet big I'd say... Now I'm wondering if FM 23 is harder than previous version or Hertha is a hard save?

9 hours ago, gggfunk said:

Has anyone had success managing Hertha? I tried with them twice using two different tactics (both mine) and always ended up getting sacked... Their squad is really poor and board expectations are still quiet big I'd say... Now I'm wondering if FM 23 is harder than previous version or Hertha is a hard save?

I mentioned earlier in the thread the AI managed to get them relegated and I took them over. So their squad is lacklustre. In the past I'd expect to be besting everyone bar Bayern every year after about 5 years and dominating the league and Champions League by about 10 years in.

This time 10 years in I've just about dodged some sackings and even now I'm not guaranteed Champions League football each season never mind winning the league.

Also the chairman stops the mega funding a few years in. Still above average wage budget but nothing special.

So definitely if you don't get a good start with them you'll struggle.

10 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Hi all,

Leverkusen, Wolfsburg or Hertha for a new save? 

Leverkusen without a doubt. I'm biased though as they are my favourite German team, but their potential is high. Plus they've somehow never won the Bundesliga before, it's a great incentive to go them.

I've been playing with Leverkusen since the update.

Hradecky may be the worst keeper I've ever used in FM. But I will need to wait until the summer to replace him. He's lost me at least 10-12 points this season just from errors.

Wirtz is terrific since he got back from injury though.

2 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

Hradecky may be the worst keeper I've ever used in FM. But I will need to wait until the summer to replace him. He's lost me at least 10-12 points this season just from errors.

I´d add Diaby and Frimpong to the outstanding players besides Wirtz. Surprising that Hradecky performs so badly for you, I always saw him as a a decent keeper...

6 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

A keeper is a must within the first two seasons. Used to love Hradecky in previous versions, hopefully he isn't that bad for me. 

Did you make any signings? Extend any of those whose contracts are expiring in first season? 

17 hours ago, Carambau said:

I´d add Diaby and Frimpong to the outstanding players besides Wirtz. Surprising that Hradecky performs so badly for you, I always saw him as a a decent keeper...

Diaby took some time to get going for me but has been excellent in the second half of the season. Frimpong, you're right, he's so good. Just glides past players.

14 hours ago, Daws88 said:

A keeper is a must within the first two seasons. Used to love Hradecky in previous versions, hopefully he isn't that bad for me. 

Did you make any signings? Extend any of those whose contracts are expiring in first season? 

So I'm trying to lower the average age of the club. Sold Lunev and Aranguiz. Tried to sell Bellarabi and Demirby also but no buyers so ended up using Demirby a bit. just letting Bellarabi leave on a free

My main signings were loans tbh as didn't have much cash. Carvalho from Liverpool, Oliver from Sevilla and Thomas Lemar have all been pretty good for me.

Also board gave me more money in January so I brought in Alex Scott who looks awesome.

Got a huge 60M budget second season, so already arranged a few transfers in:

GK Kacper Tobiasz - will be my Hradecky replacement and was cheap.

CB Jan Paul van Hecke - was free and will rotate in defence

LB Borna Sosa - again cheap coz Stuttgart relegated and has 18 (!) crossing.

CM Nicolas Seiwald - My big midfield signing

Vitor Roque - Big striker signing to rotate with Schick.

Will probably bring in more loans as back ups as I got good value out of them this season.

2 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

So I'm trying to lower the average age of the club. Sold Lunev and Aranguiz. Tried to sell Bellarabi and Demirby also but no buyers so ended up using Demirby a bit. just letting Bellarabi leave on a free

My main signings were loans tbh as didn't have much cash. Carvalho from Liverpool, Oliver from Sevilla and Thomas Lemar have all been pretty good for me.

Also board gave me more money in January so I brought in Alex Scott who looks awesome.

Got a huge 60M budget second season, so already arranged a few transfers in:

GK Kacper Tobiasz - will be my Hradecky replacement and was cheap.

CB Jan Paul van Hecke - was free and will rotate in defence

LB Borna Sosa - again cheap coz Stuttgart relegated and has 18 (!) crossing.

CM Nicolas Seiwald - My big midfield signing

Vitor Roque - Big striker signing to rotate with Schick.

Will probably bring in more loans as back ups as I got good value out of them this season.

Nice signings, and a couple (GK & CB) I've never heard of who look decent in game. I had planned to go Leverkusen on this FM a few months ago but haven't got around to it yet. I was also planning to sign Schjelderup for them when I started but he moved to Benfica irl so that's where I'm headed for a save first. If I don't spend too long there, I will start a Leverkusen save afterwards. I'm looking forward to seeing how Vitor Roque does for you because I plan on bringing him in for Benfica, and numerous other Brazilians of course 😊

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 16/03/2023 at 09:52, gggfunk said:

Started a new game with Hertha after the update. Have managed to get to January 1st with my job in tact but it’s been tough. Aiming for mid-table & just about there, although there are not many points between us & the drop zone. Scoring goals has been a real problem.

The squad is low on genuine quality, a lot of the players make decent back-up options but Tousart is probably the only player I would be bothered to lose right now.

Started with budgets off, have been given a pretty measly sum of money to spend since. Currently trying to formulate a plan of how to attack the transfer window. Could really do with 4 or 5 players but there’s nowhere near enough in the kitty for that, not at the level we require anyway.

Edited by saware

23 hours ago, saware said:

Started a new game with Hertha after the update. Have managed to get to January 1st with my job in tact but it’s been tough. Aiming for mid-table & just about there, although there are not many points between us & the drop zone. Scoring goals has been a real problem.

The squad is low on genuine quality, a lot of the players make decent back-up options but Tousart is probably the only player I would be bothered to lose right now.

Started with budgets off, have been given a pretty measly sum of money to spend since. Currently trying to formulate a plan of how to attack the transfer window. Could really do with 4 or 5 players but there’s nowhere near enough in the kitty for that, not at the level we require anyway.

Sold Pekarik for £65k, just wanted rid as he’s 36 & nowhere near good enough for how I want to play. Brought in Mert Mulder from Sassuolo on loan with an option to buy for £7m.

Have looked at strengthening several positions but a lack of goals was a major concern. Managed to bring in Broja from Chelsea, again on loan, so hopefully he’ll be able to ease those worries.

Trying to raise funds by selling Kanga & Ngankam whilst Scherhant has gone out on loan for the remainder of the season. Also, Richter & Ludebakio have handed in transfer requests. Don’t really want to lose them right now but they may well depart if someone reaches their asking price.

Managed to sign up Manor Solomon for next season on a pre-contract agreement but may well need reinforcements prior to that if there are too many more departures from wide areas.

Would like to add a more creative central midfielder to sit alongside Tousart & Serdar in my 433, Alex Scott from Bristol City would be great but I’m not sure I can stretch the budget that far.

Edited by saware

On 19/03/2023 at 11:45, saware said:

Sold Pekarik for £65k, just wanted rid as he’s 36 & nowhere near good enough for how I want to play. Brought in Mert Mulder from Sassuolo on loan with an option to buy for £7m.

Have looked at strengthening several positions but a lack of goals was a major concern. Managed to bring in Broja from Chelsea, again on loan, so hopefully he’ll be able to ease those worries.

Trying to raise funds by selling Kanga & Ngankam whilst Scherhant has gone out on loan for the remainder of the season. Also, Richter & Ludebakio have handed in transfer requests. Don’t really want to lose them right now but they may well depart if someone reaches their asking price.

Managed to sign up Manor Solomon for next season on a pre-contract agreement but may well need reinforcements prior to that if there are too many more departures from wide areas.

Would like to add a more creative central midfielder to sit alongside Tousart & Serdar in my 433, Alex Scott from Bristol City would be great but I’m not sure I can stretch the budget that far.

I’ve now reached the end of the January transfer window… Kanga & Ngankam have now gone out on loan with options to buy, whilst Richter has also been shipped out until the end of the season.

Ludebakio was subject to keen interest but I couldn’t let him go as I was already short & didn’t have the funds to bring in a better replacement. I made an offer for Talles Magno but the bright lights of Brighton lured him away from the US. Ritsu Doan was another potential signing but by the time I came across him he’d agreed to join Leicester on loan. Alex Scott ended up at Hoffenheim on a deal that will see them pay over £20m.

I spent a lot of time & effort scouting various different players in nearly every position but due to a lack of funds I settled on another loan deal. Dani Ceballos has arrived until the end of the season, hopefully he’ll boost creativity in the middle of the park, & gives me several options in terms of roles & formation.

The arrival of Mulder & Broja at the start at the month has coincided with an upturn in form, & we’ve benefitted from a more progressive playing style. I’ve changed to a positive mentality & asked the full backs to play further forward. I’ve found I’m picking up more points & creating more chances, currently leaving me in 6th after a run of 5 games without defeat.

Edited by saware

Quick update on my Leverkusen save. We appear to sleep through the first half of seasons and become almost unbeatable after January. Its not a good strategy as we again finished second behind Bayern. Also lost DFB Pokal to Bayern.

Didn't get much out of Europe either.

Had a good start to the transfer window then through a mix of alcohol and confidence buggered it a bit. Goncalo Ramos my big signing to replace Schick.

But then I went and paid 24M on newgens despite needing another winger and centre mid. Back to the loans market for me I think.+

Good news is I've lowered the age of my squad well and it sits around the 23 level now which is where I like it.

Capture.PNG

On 31/03/2023 at 21:58, LucasBR said:

After moving up to the Bundesliga suddenly all my players are wanting new contracts.... That's so annoying! :seagull:

Yes everyone of them wanted improved deals with me also. Hamburg are paying low wages in comparison to lot of BL clubs.

Season 3 is done. What a season we had but I'm still so disappointed. We missed out on Europe on the last game of the season and got knocked out of 2 semi finals. Plenty of work to do be done in the summer. We must improve against some of the smaller sides!

Screenshot2023-04-02164949.thumb.png.d038c289176ef688e89c692bf75e3988.png

Screenshot2023-04-02165234.png.0447f51442ee050fc484318d3ef394c4.pngScreenshot2023-04-02165304.png.6f19c5f27f44700c5bb2532b26134196.pngScreenshot2023-04-02165331.png.23a287c1dc83d7eb9af6c5991e772c2c.pngScreenshot2023-04-02165351.png.68dd44b4eec5009cb3a3d89631a86c15.png

Quick update on my Leverkusen side.

Third season, currently first - 3 points ahead of BVB and 7 points ahead of Bayern. After 27 matches.

Knocked out of everything else. Injuries have really derailed me, I was clear in first for a while, but we have been playing really poor lately.

Fingers crossed we don't throw this away coz not sure I'll get a Bayern team playing this poorly again.

16 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

Quick update on my Leverkusen side.

Third season, currently first - 3 points ahead of BVB and 7 points ahead of Bayern. After 27 matches.

Knocked out of everything else. Injuries have really derailed me, I was clear in first for a while, but we have been playing really poor lately.

Fingers crossed we don't throw this away coz not sure I'll get a Bayern team playing this poorly again.

I bottled it.

Dortmund went unbeaten for their last 10 matches, winning 8. We went 5 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws. It was bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Start save with Bayer, my favorite German club, but I’m thinking to quit early in february first season (or even worst I will get sucked) 

Not many transfers, I bring mainly some chip kids, start with 4-2-3-1, got some points and but nightmare with injuries never end. During WC in Qatar I went on holiday to speed up game and I’ve got squad unhappy because of Amiri not getting enough playing time!?!?! Really?!?

I was expecting big things from Diaby and Frimpong especially but even Wirtz couldn’t help us when he return from long absence. Now I’m trying with new tactics or different approach but that isn’t working and I now it already…

Season 4 is done. What a season this was. Lukas Nmecha bringing us much needed goals as Glatzel has gone off the boil big time. Endrick (of course he was signed, it's the thing to do before the update) has been hit and miss but will be getting more game time as a striker this season.

Looks like Seimen will be off for his RC of £62m. I need to find a new GK for our Champions League campaign next season. There is plenty of interest in Nmecha also from Real Madrid which is worrying. Plenty of work to do in the summer.Screenshot2023-04-21230855.thumb.png.ac7aa78ab78ab373837e56e4261802a9.png 

I am currently in my 4th season with Dynamo Dresden (my home town or region club). 
The promotion to league 2 went quite smoothly and the start in this league was also very promising. But then came the slump...in the winter I found myself still in the top 5, but after a series of defeats and draws the dream of back-to-back promotion was over.
In the 3rd season at the end it was the 7th place. An injury crisis at the end of the season could not be compensated by my substitutes.
The following transfer window had it all. With a heavy heart, I sold my left winger "Siri" to England for 12.5 million, so I could plug all the holes I had in the team. The main focus was the defense.
But the best transfer was Aster Vranckx. Wolfsburg actually put him on the transfer list for 7 million. A no-brainer. Vranckx now has an exit cap of 23 million, but I'll take that.
My question: is Vranckx used up at the DM position or can he fill it?
On occasion I can also upload screenshots. Is not possible right now.
Another question: Is it correct that there is no additional TV revenue for TV broadcasts in Germany? That refers only to league games. In the cup you get money if your game is selected for TV.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2023 at 09:52, gggfunk said:

In short, yes.  First season finished second to Bayern.  Second, Champions.  On PS5 however as being an oldie I haven't much time for greater depth.  433 Gegenpressing line up.  I think initial squad is alright, especially some youngsters such as Ullrich, Gechter, Mausehund, Kesik, Scherhant and Ngangkam.  Well worth promoting to senior team for long term planning.  

Hertha 23-24 CHAMPIONS.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Season 5 update. So close yet so far to stopping Bayerns path of dominance. We fell in the final 3 games. 

The Real Madrid job has become available as there manager has moved onto Man City and after the interview process they have offered me the job. With Bayern now linked with big money moves (Haaland being the major one) i just don't know how i will keep up. So many big clubs after my best players now but with 75m to spend maybe we can carry on. Long think needed about this.

Screenshot2023-05-09142840.thumb.png.31e7bd7b76547a7d0c3a1fe0f421cb47.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/06/2023 at 14:42, BadAss88 said:

I started, unemployed as Thierry Henry and was hired as the new Borussia Dortmund-manager!

Are you starting in 2022 or have you used an updated database to start in 2023?

18 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Are you starting in 2022 or have you used an updated database to start in 2023?

Just the winter update, don't like updated databases..but I'm already considering an Italian save with Atalanta or Internazionale :lol:

7 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Just the winter update, don't like updated databases..but I'm already considering an Italian save with Atalanta or Internazionale :lol:

😂

What don't you like about updated databases?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Obvious take, but Bayern are just ridiculous. 

4 seasons with Gladbach and I've been so close, yet so far. 6 points behind twice, 1 point behind being the closest. 

Really does deflate you, when you have such a good season and still miss out...