FM23 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

image.png.a3fca3792f1b8bff30f9257bed6ef25b.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season with a few indifferent results before going on a 11 match unbeaten run to take control of the table after 15 games with a  10 point gap to 2nd. The team had a few more poor games before winning the title with a few games to go helped by a drop in quality of the other teams in the league.

Finally entered into the swedish cup and the team faced struggling D1N side Hudiksvalls winning 2-0 at home in the 1st Rd. In the 2nd Rd the game was switched to away to top of the Superetten Brage where the team was outclassed 0-3.

Finances remained steady although costs and wages went up quite a bit.

Could not manage to sign any players who were better than the existing squad but did trial and then sign a couple of european u-21's. Dragan is a bit limited but still did well, Paal also had a good season.

Up front Smeds and Zetterstrom were the main force, Smeds was the league top scorer and could have got more but an injury after 15 games really seemed to knock him back and he did not do very well for the rest of the season after that.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

9th

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom(14)

Akerlund (6)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom(19)

Lindgren(8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

1st

2nd Rd

N/A

Zetterstrom, Smeds(22)

Zetterstrom, Paal(9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasquehal_Football.png
Season Preview 2026-27

We survived last season, now it's time to build on that. Once again, we got a nice £1m transfer budget, but a paltry £4k extra wage budget, so I had to move some things around to get business done. But what business did I do?

Transfers In

GK | Mikki Van Sas (Free)

Simply put, we needed a backup goalkeeper and Mikki was one of the better options. A decent if unspectacular keeper with a lot of potential, he's the type of second-string keeper I like. Hopefully he won't need to see a tonne of gametime, but I'd like to see how much he can improve here.

RB | Zié Ouattara (£155,000)

Ouattara comes in as a backup RB to Damasceno and could take his spot when he eventually leaves (spoiler). He's a great all-rounder of a right-back and someone I trust to perform at this level. He's not going to be a star, but the fact we can get this quality of player as a backup is a good sign.

CB | Albian Hajdari (Free)

I'm really happy to get this transfer done, as we beat out a few teams to land him. Hajdari looks an excellent CB for this level with a bit of potential too. He's extremely well-rounded defensively and I trust he'll be a great player for us. His versitility to play a few roles will help too as I get this new-look squad playing well.

CB | Frederik Pallesen Knudsen (£27,000)

Signed for cheap as his contract was expiring, Knudsen is the right-sided CB I've been looking for. He's got some amazing mentals and he's great everywhere else too. He offers the experience I'm looking for and can sure up our defence in the short-term. He's a bargain for the price, can't say too much more.

CB | Diogo Rocha (Loan)

You can never have too much depth in a key position, so Rocha was brought in on deadline day to give us another option at RCB. He's the type of player who shows how far we've come, that a player who's capable at this level will join as as a backup rather than demanding first-team football. Good stats, good to have him in.

CM/LW | Igor (£93,000)

This guy had been on my radar for a while, but with a lot of quality CMs, I couldn't justify bringing him in. Eventually, I caved and signed him anyway. He looks exceptional for his age and can play quite a lot of positions. I'm going to try and make him an inverted winger, rotating with the next signing. I think this guy has a lot of potential, hopefully we see it.

LW | Hachim Mastour (Free)

No, you're not seeing things. The walking YouTube compilation himself joins Wasquehal! To be fair, he's got some excellent stats and looks like a very exciting playmaker. Obviously he's lacking in a few areas, but the things he's good at, he's amazing at. Hopefully he gives our attack a bit more flair and can start to realize his potential at 28.

LW | Hermann Tebily (£150,000)

Tebily has been signed to be a cover LW for us, in case of emergencies. He was available for cheap and looks decent for this level, so he's the type of guy I'd like to have on the bench. Hopefully I can train him as a RW too, so he can provide cover for either flank.

ST | Kun Temenuzhkov (Free)

I'm really pleased with this one. Kun was once touted for bigger things, but still looks a fine striker, especially in this division. There's not an attacking stat he's poor in and is a step up for our forward line. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.

ST | Álvaro Ginés (Free)

We let go of a lot of deadwood attackers, so we needed a solid backup option. Ginés looks a good rotation option and apparently has a lot of potential. I'm not expecting any heroics from him, but if he develops into the Ligue 1 striker my coaches think he can be, who knows?

Transfers Out

Some key releases too. Hugill sadly had to go, as did long-time players Daoud and Diakhaby. Any names you don't recognize are youth players who aren't worth discussing.

RW | Ousmane Bangoura (Free)

Once a promising youngster, Bangoura kept complaining about not getting game time, then not performing when I gave him starts. He also wasn't developing anywhere near as well as I'd hoped, so eventually I just offloaded him. No-one would pay, but Metz jumped in to get him on a free. Maybe he has some potential left, but I doubt it.

RB | Egno Damasceno (£1.8m)

It's a shame to let Egno go, I think he could've been something special, but the deal was right to me. £1.8m allows us to transform our squad and we get a lovely 35% of any future fee, as well as keeping him on loan for a year. Could I have held onto him? Yeah. Should I have? Probably. But I prefer a more realistic FM experience, and I couldn't say no to this deal. One player doesn't a squad make, but almost 2 million can.

ST | Ruymán De la Riva (£500,000)

Similar to Bangoura, De la Riva wasn't good enough to start, but thought he deserved to. Unlike Bangoura though, Ruymán actually developed fairly well, and I didn't really want to lose him. But with 1 year on his contract left, I cashed in. £500k is a solid amount to get for a free transfer, plus we have a tasty 35% sell-on fee. I definitely think there's a player there, and losing him is annoying, but time will tell if I regret this one.

ST | Júnior Santos (£205,000)

Santos was brought in last year to improve our attack, but couldn't quite cut it in Ligue 2. That combined with his decline in ability and him being replaced by Saulo meant I knew I had to shift him. £200k is a nice amount for him, so no complaints. He's a decent striker, but we've moved beyond his abilities now.

Squad

I think we're in a really good place with the squad. We've shifted pretty much all of our deadwood, we have some quality players with some equally promising youngsters and some good players off the bench. Maybe our depth is a little worrying, but we've got backups in every position so barring a crisis, we should be fine

Season Preview

We're still predicted down the table, however I feel the game is being harsh. We've got a talented squad that I feel can definitely hang at this level. That said, we're not close to the top teams in this division. I'm expecting a midtable finish which we can hopefully build on.

Results So Far

We've had an extremely tough start, playing 4 of the predicted top 6 teams in our first 6 games, including both relegated Ligue 1 teams. That said, we've managed wins over Lens and Dijon, so that's positive. If that's a sign of things to come, hopefully we can fare better against the weaker teams in this division.

Expected Lineup

Badji

Damasceno - Knudsen - Hajdari - Quetglas

Igor- Nyirenda

Menéndez ---------------- Mastour

Saulo - Temenuzhkov

We're sticking with what works, with a few tweaks. Mastour will play more inside as apposed to the wide play we stuck with last season, and my wing-backs are more supporting than attacking now. We've switched to a more attacking, less "smash and grab" style too as I feel we're not as outclassed as we once were.

On 28/11/2022 at 08:01, Thebaker said:

Jibuti looks a great player for you, Georgia seems to churn out some quite good players i found.

Very much worth being my only paid signing, on a long contract too. That said, I haven't found any other Georgian players but then again, Jibuti was only an agent offer so maybe once I can scout their he can have a compatriot to join him.

Congrats on your promotion, looks a pretty convincing promotion, two 20 goal striker is good going, hopefully they can keep it going up a tier

On 02/12/2022 at 15:07, Rainbowz said:

Is there a reason you play Saulo and Menendez that way round? Figure Menendez slightly better finishing would maybe fair him better, though I guess Saulo does have the height advantage.

1 hour ago, _JHTB_ said:

Is there a reason you play Saulo and Menendez that way round? Figure Menendez slightly better finishing would maybe fair him better, though I guess Saulo does have the height advantage.

Saulo just plays better there. I tried Menendez as a striker, but he was pretty disappointing there. Moved him back to the wing and he assists like crazy. When I've played Saulo out on the wing, he can't match what Menendez does. Basically, it ain't broke and it works, so I'm not going to question it.

Edited by Rainbowz

spacer.png

Hogaborgs BK

Season 5 – Superatten – 1st

Transfers (1) – Transfer (2) – Best XISquadKey PlayerHot ProspectSupporter Profile

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: We had a busy transfer window as we tried to get in more homegrown players so we could more easily fulfil the team requirements. Wallinder was the first as we upgraded our goalkeeper – the previous one was a foreign player too so makes it an even better transfer. Noori came in on loan to play as our defensive midfielder, not the best player, but not awful and again, homegrown. Backstrom, Stroud and Wikstrom all were signed to be good depth players again with that all important homegrown status.

The best two incomings this offseason however, we Ljubisic, who I signed because he was straight into the first team quality player, but, after he signed I got a very welcome surprise that he was actually homegrown in Sweden somehow. Paulo Vitor was our best signing though, I had him on my radar from the previous season, but was only this summer that budget opened up to sign him. A shame we signed him after he was already 19 so he can never become home grown, but he’s a quality player so I can’t complain too much.

Outgoings: This offseason was not without it’s frustrations, as the board decided to accept some transfers from under me which meant players I’d rather not have sold were sold, and for values well below their worth. Thankfully the best ones I did manage to get on a loan back for the season but that it was still a kick in the teeth.

Tada was the first of the players that I did not want to, and for a measly £5.5k, thankfully the board did at least listen to my protest about putting a sell on fee which could net us a lot in the future. Valdares was the next, not as upset, but still frustrating we could do nothing about it. Nomelini and Naor we also sold from under us, both more back up than anything else. But first choice centre back Marquinihos was also sold without me agreeing which was really annoying, 5 players in one window with me not being able to do anything about it. Some I think I would have sold anyway due to lack of long contract but I think I could have bargained for more.

League: This season started much the same as last time out, very strongly. After 6 games we’d conceded only once and won 5 of the 6 with goals for the most part being spread around multiple players. Alas, we then forgot how to defend for a bit as our next 4 games saw us concede 12 goals, though, our attack was still potent so we actually only lost once in that time, but it was a little frustrating that after starting strongly defensively we were now just open.

That would probably be covered as our poor spell of the season as we just went about our business winning more often than not, however, we were not alone in this form with many of the teams around us also winning more often than not. However, our last 6 games ended up seeing us against the bottom 6 of the league so we managed to end the season well, aside from one disappointing game where we threw away a 3 goal lead to bottom of the league. We only reached the summit of the league in matchday 27, but stayed there for the rest of the season to win our second league and get promoted to the top flight.

Cup: In the group stage of the cup we did pretty well all things considered, we had a close loss to Hammarby, who eventually won the top flight this season, before beating the other two in the group to finish second.

This/next season’s cup was not the best though as we lost on penalties to a team the league below to not even reach the group stage this time out.

Next Season/General

Next season we have quite big issues all told. We will be losing all of the players that we have on loan that we had sold this season leaving some pretty big gaps as is expected when you lose strong players. Much like this season we are probably going to look to bring in stronger homegrown players but I can see the squad perhaps being weaker by the start of next season which is disappointing.

The name of the game is to stay up, we need to improve our reputation as well as starting to get ourselves into a better position financially. We are lacking severely in terms of facility upgrades since we took charge so I would like to upgrade something given the chance.

Players of note

Giorgi Jibuti What a player, one player I managed to keep away from being sold was Jibuti, even managing to get him to agree to a new long term contract with a 3 year extension too. 24 goals from 25 games, you can’t really ask for much more (except maybe less red cards, but 18 aggression runs that risk).

Paulo Vitor -  New signing this summer and a very positive one at that, 11 goals and 5 assists in the hole behind the strikers. I wasn’t expecting to be already playing using a trequartista, but Vitor proved good enough for me able to use him as one.

Almar MuhsinThe remaining player from the front three also had a good season, brought in this summer to improve our homegrown quota and contributed very well. Not as prolific as Jibuti of course, but scored plenty crucial goals for us up front.

Gilberto Gilberto carried on where he left off last time out providing plenty assists, but this season he also scored 8 goals whilst busting forward from midfield. His 13 assists this season is incidentally more than any other player has in total since the start of the save.

Overview

image.thumb.png.2b6f5c3ca392afccf96aff9cee54685e.png

5 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

Saulo just plays better there. I tried Menendez as a striker, but he was pretty disappointing there. Moved him back to the wing and he assists like crazy. When I've played Saulo out on the wing, he can't match what Menendez does. Basically, it ain't broke and it works, so I'm not going to question it.

Fair enough, always curious how some players just seem to perform better despite not much difference in their attributes

So it is time for my favourite FM league - The Netherlands.  @rlipscombehas confirmed it is playable for this challenge though you must holiday for a year before taking over at the bottom club.  There is no relegation from the second tier in this years FM in The Netherlands, hence doing it this way.  Almere City are my side, as they finished bottom of the Keuken Kampioen Divisie, which I am pleased about as they have, so far, never played in the top flight.

Club Introduction

Almere City

Almere City FC - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

1wwEsPK.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start           7 July 2023             30 June 2025       £1,600 p/w        £1,100 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Adequate              Adequate         Average            National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Purchase Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Purchased From          Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

Very much worth being my only paid signing, on a long contract too. That said, I haven't found any other Georgian players but then again, Jibuti was only an agent offer so maybe once I can scout their he can have a compatriot to join him.

Congrats on your promotion, looks a pretty convincing promotion, two 20 goal striker is good going, hopefully they can keep it going up a tier

Smeds looks on course after half a season but Zetterstrom is now on the bench.

Well done on the promotion, finances should improve in the top league. You should be able to scout quite far afield now i assume so you will have a good chance of spotting some bargains, where are you getting all those brazilians from?

On 04/12/2022 at 21:17, _JHTB_ said:

Fair enough, always curious how some players just seem to perform better despite not much difference in their attributes

Yeah, it's strange. Not sure if it's something to do with hidden attributes such as adaptability or versatility. Even my coaches think Saulo should be a RW, but he just doesn't perform there.

On 05/12/2022 at 13:48, Thebaker said:

Well done on the promotion, finances should improve in the top league. You should be able to scout quite far afield now i assume so you will have a good chance of spotting some bargains, where are you getting all those brazilians from?

All the Brazilians have come courtesy of Agent offers, took a bit of time after we were promoted to the Superatten, but eventually we just got loads of them all at lower league Brazilian teams so available for free. I haven't actually managed to extend my scouting range out of Sweden yet but, I'm still largely focusing on trying to bring in more homegrown players so it's not too bad.

Started the season in great form although i was always just behind Degerfors who won the first 14 games and then later dropped behind IF Karlstad who went 14 unbeaten in the middle of the season, 59 points was the previous highest for 2nd. Only 10 points from the last 9 games meant my team dropped down into mid table but overall it was still a good season.

The team didn't enter the Swedish cup this season for reasons i can't understand.

Finances dropped over the season and i was unable to convince the board to make improvements which is disappointing as i promised most of the players i signed on 2 year deals that i would improve the training facilities which will not happen.

Rapp was one of those players and was a defensive lynchpin and my best player.

Smeds managed to make the step up well to finish as top scorer although he still missed a lot chances in games and tailed off towards the end of the season again.

The midfield needs overhauling as none of the players are really up to the standard needed and not really creative enough to carve out good chances for the strikers.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

9th

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom (14)

Akerlund (6)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom (19)

Lindgren (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

1st

2nd Rd

N/A

Zetterstrom, Smeds (22)

Zetterstrom, Paal (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

D1N

6th

Not entered

N/A

Smeds(16)

Tawfeeq, Thorsson (6)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

image.png.4c4d0ff2e33f4f9d55cb55f5ead01fbc.png

Dunaujvaros PASE | Hungary | 2024-2025 | Season 2

After securing survival last year in the Hungarian Division II, our sights turned towards pushing towards to the top and getting out of this division. That's second part of "let's solidify, get rid of deadwood" and, hopefully, finding a star or two that can drive us towards the top. 

Transfers

There's been quite a bit of action on that front. 

image.png.1e35d8c41a0d1d7d95ae5465db5a2da0.png

Last year, I was looking for a good striker and found Stanislav Vavra from Domazlice, a free transfer from the Third division in Czech Republic. He came in big through, but was injured a bit which bit through his playing time. At 31 year old, he'll be good in the DII, but likely won't make the step up.  

Révélation

image.thumb.png.22006acc9f7c105a68b2f22cdfba292f.png

Then, one that will make the step up is Baba, a 19 year old right midfielder which was released from both Real Madrid and ASPIRE Academy (in Senegal). He came in as a free transfer and has loads of potential. Also, in the DII, we hav to keep a U20 player on the field at all time, so with Baba as a starter, that requirement comes in pretty well. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.19078945a5b06d4fec9c59be55b8912d.png

Finally, the only player for who I actually paid some money is Milan Kovács, coming from rival Gyirmót for 58K€, plugging a very large hole that we had in the midfield. He did however pick up 2 different injuries missing almost 2 months, but he has the potential to grow and help us in the next division. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.9c9d820c450a49fa0a882b544c29e589.png

Competition Review

We were expected to land a Top half finish and, in a 16-team league now, we delivered very well, settling on the second best goal difference in the division and comfortably going near the top, but were still quite a little way from the two promotion spots. We were able to get some good results against the top teams. 

image.png.23afb96802a8207e6c6d0a485cf20269.png

in the Hungarian Cup, we went out on the Fifth Round again, losing against DI side Mosonmagyarovari TE on a pretty good match, losing just 1-2 at home. 

image.thumb.png.bdc7bb550e8207f1a0ce9b96760562b6.png

The Team

image.png.8380c08442ee2d8f0385ae9772b1e5b5.png

The star of the year was Donat Varga, who came in on load from DI side Vasas (and they don't want to renew the loan) and his partner in crime was Levente Szabo, whom I signed permanently after he dropped off the team from Féhévar. He came in as a Target Man, with 14 heading and 15 Jumping Reach, scoring goals and bagging a few assists too at the same time, winning the DII player of the season, and deservedly so. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.0d22a86e098a98a4cc79612f3ac18ee3.png

image.thumb.png.9e7f4c81e0283a633fdfc72900423d75.png

For the Future

There's not much to attach ourselves too, but one of the best prospects this year is Oleksandr Matveev, coming from Ukraine, a pretty decent full-back who is either-footed... 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.51a61ae019f905146d0113a7b35ef107.png

We also have Akos Szendrei, who was in last year's intake, but flew over the team and is a physical monster and will probably fill in our quota for U20 next year at some point... He's technically inept, though. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.0481a733383bc70c952fc17d80c05855.png

Finally, Tamas Koncz got a few appearances this year, but was sent over to the U19s to ensure that he gets more playing time once Baba came in and we had someone who was regularly filling in the U20 spot. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.9e9073b6ea63d82865a595bea421ec7e.png

Summary

Year Season League Position Media Pred Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Europe Ranking Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 23-24 DII 9 17 47 -1 5th round NA     796 Zsombor Novak (10) Szablocs Varga (7) Basic Below Avg Average Below Avg
2 24-25 DII 4 6 46 17 5th round NA     861 Donat Varga (19) Szablocs Varga (11) Basic Below Avg Average Average
Edited by jmarchand

Le 13/12/2022 à 04:07, Thebaker a dit :

@jmarchand Looks like an better season there and yet the team had less points. Seems like it will only take 1 good player or a great run to get promotion next season.

The league went from 18 teams to 16 teams, so we played 4 less games. It was indeed a better year and I'm hoping that I can push for promotion this year! 

Il y a 14 heures, rlipscombe a dit :

at the risk of jinxing myself, going ok first season with Catania so far...

In my previous saves in Italy, it was always a bit of a mess getting out of Serie C, unless you win it outright. It seems that the playoffs drag on and on and on and, in the end, there are so little clubs that qualify through them. Good luck and hoping that you bring the Elefanti back to glory sooner than later! 

5 hours ago, jmarchand said:

In my previous saves in Italy, it was always a bit of a mess getting out of Serie C, unless you win it outright. It seems that the playoffs drag on and on and on and, in the end, there are so little clubs that qualify through them. Good luck and hoping that you bring the Elefanti back to glory sooner than later! 

It certainly is a mess...  very tricky to negotiate way out.  hoping to do that sooner rather than later, especially from a financial point of view

FC Den Bosch

I have started my adventure in Holland taking over as the new manager of FC Den Bosch after they finished bottom of the league last season as there is no promotion/relegation for the Dutch second tier. As I’m playing on FMT on the IPad I’m unable to set my manager attributes or experience, so in which case let me introduce you to my alter ego for this challenge.

38DB6F99-7450-40F5-842D-FBB9D0D51282.thumb.png.fc1ea1a855862bbffcc87024d41c8fea.png

Former Celtic & Southampton centre half Jos Hooiveld has taken his first foray into management after taking over the reigns at FC Den Bosch. Hooiveld is excited to start his journey into management and believes he can manage his new charges to at least a mid table finish this season before targeting a promotion push to the Eredivisie. 

A quick look at the squad and there is not much room to play around with the wages so brining in new players will be a challenge. Out of our 32k per week wage budget. 15k is spent across 2 players, so hopefully I can wheel and deal my way through the market to bring in some new faces, whilst renewing some of the current players onto new deals as a lot expire at the end of the season. 

spacer.png

Hogaborgs BK

Season 6 – Allsvenskan – 6th 

TransfersBest XISquadKey PlayerHot ProspectSupporter Profile 

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: Our first handful of transfers were before the league reset and were all home grown players that added greater depth to the first team squad. We did also need to replace our outgoing loans as we only managed to keep hold of Tada. We had pre-agreed some deals so as soon as the window opened in came Eduardo (perhaps one we didn’t need given we kept Tada), Vitali, and Luiz as right back, centre back and left back respectively.

It wasn’t too long coming before we brought in more defensive reinforcements as Nsubuga, a home grown player who was playing in Scotland, came in alongside centre back Maric. We then demolished our transfer record as we got the notification for the NxGn award and the player who came second was barely affordable for us, so in came Shantz for £1m, I think I probably overspent in terms of what we have in the bank but we have the 2nd place NxGn award winner at least. Midseason we brought in two reinforcements with Deninho coming in to bolster the attack and Farnerud coming in for midfield depth (though whilst he is Swedish, unfortunately he does not qualify as home grown).

Outgoings: Thankfully, this season was much quieter on the outgoings with our only sales being players I didn’t consider as first choice options. Santos, a back up, left for £250k with 50% of next sale and Sakho a goalkeeper who has been in the Reserves since he arrived left for £200k, again with that 50% of next sale. Sigurbjonsson went a similar way, £100k, 50% next sale.

The board did try and sell one player from under me as Paulo Vitor was attracting interest from a lot of German and French top flight clubs with the board eventually buckling and accepting a £1 million offer for him, I managed to protest it and subsequently get him to agree to a new contract.

League: We had a inconsistent start to the season, but a start that I was more than happy with as we were pretty much showing lower midtable form, enough to avoid relegation which was our ultimate aim. However, in May, we decided that we liked to win games as we kicked off what would end up being a 7 match winning streak to catapult us up the table to be clear challengers within the top half of the table.

We did start to falter a little after that as we started having more of our fixtures that were against the top teams in the league but we were still picking up solid wins every so often and at one point ended the gameweek in a continental qualification spot.  Eventually we did drop down a bit following 3 games without a win but ended the season strong with 5 wins from 6 as we tried to wrestle an unlikely 4th spot. In the end we finished a very good 6th with all but 2 of our 8 losses being from teams who finished above us (2 were Malmo FF completing a double over us).

Cup: We just about navigated our way through to the group stages for next season in the cup with a 1-0 victory against 3rd tier opposition.

Next Season/General

We have got to aim for another season at around the same level next time out, I’m hopeful  that we can keep the core of the team together and continue to perform well but there are some areas we need to strengthen. Goalkeeper is one such area, I’m not fully convinced by my player in this position and feel we could do with an improvement if one presents themselves, attacking midfield is another, we have our best player in this position, but there is no real depth in case he is injured or suspended which is an issue.

We upgraded both training and youth facilities this year and hopefully we can continue on that track this summer with a healthy amount of prize money from the league.

Players of note

Giorgi JibutiContinues to impress, he missed a fair chunk of the season with various injuries but still managed to score 19 times for us this season. He now counts as a homegrown player so I’m even more incentivised to keep hold of him. He has passed the 50 goal mark for the club, here’s to a few more.

Paulo Vitor -  Such a good player, he equalled the Allsvenskan record for assists with 10 this season chipping in with 7 goals for good measure. Given he signed a new contract I’m confident of keeping him at the club for the foreseeable.

Travis ShantzHe started paying back some of his transfer fee with some good performances in the middle of the park. 2 goals and 6 assists is a strong showing and hopefully he will only get better from here.

Overview

image.thumb.png.d8fd2d82ae83c100dc8a7a1ec05c977e.png

Started the season with 3 straight wins but that turned into a high point as the best run of the season. For most of the year the team were well beaten and interspersed this with unconvincing wins, ending the season with only 1 win in the last 10 games.

Entered into the swedish cup this year but had the hardest draw possible in the first round - away to rivals Dalkurd. Hammered 0-3 this set off the poor run at the end of the season. The club rep actually decreased this year in spite of the fact that half the teams in the league below are more reputatable.

Finances continue to slowly decrease each year with only a good run likely to halt this (which hasn't happened yet)

I signed a really good GK this year but he seemed to want to leave almost immediately and when he signed a pre-contract with another team i took the chance to sell him as promotion was gone already.

I signed a lot of midfielders but generally the team still looked weak in midfield as they were only ok, Andren was the pick of them but left at the end of the season as my team was not strong enough for him.

Club icon Zetterstrom was let go after scoring 61 goals in 106 games in his time playing for me.

Smeds continued to impress in this league.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

9th

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom(14)

Akerlund (6)

Poor

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Zetterstrom(19)

Lindgren(8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D2 NS

1st

2nd Rd

N/A

Zetterstrom, Smeds(22)

Zetterstrom, Paal(9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted

D1N

6th

Not entered

N/A

Smeds(16)

Tawfeeq,Thorsson(6)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

D1N

8th

1st Rd

N/A

Smeds(20)

Andren(8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

FC Den Bosch 

2023-24 Mid Season Updat

League:

My first season at Den Bosch is going good so far. The second tier is split into 4 phases of 9 or 10 games. The best placed team eligible for promotion is rewarded with a play off spot. So after a great start in our first 10 matches we secured a playoff spot courtesy of our second place finish behind Jong Ajax in the first stage. After 25 games we sit in fourth place a point behind 2nd and still well in the hunt for the automatic promotion spots. 

2B851ADD-01CD-4D70-95CA-470A3B3BBB31.thumb.png.8ae848c72c42608d8e4c2338c3825bcf.png

Cup:

In the cup we have been in fine form. We started out with a convincing 5-1 win over non league opposition in the first round. In the second round we faced off against FC Volendam and needed a late winner in extra time to see us through as 2-1 victors. In the 3rd round we were drawn against FC Utrecht who are currently sat 2nd in the Eredivisie. They dominated possession but we were a constant threat on the counter, missing a few good chances to add to our lead, we eventually saw the game out 1-0 victors. We tied  MVV Maastricht in the quarter final, we came out on top, 6-3 in a 9 goal thriller to set up a semi final against FC Emmen, who are battling to stay in the Eredivisie. Ajax play AZ Alkmaar in the other semi final. 

B2C71367-B40F-49B1-B0E0-750EFBCA858C.thumb.png.cb095dfcb9469e097b05d7447afe423a.png

Transfers:

With little room to play with transfer and wage budgets, I have had to rely on free transfers and loans to strengthen the team. Below are the signings I have made.

62278ECA-6D04-4F5D-AB28-D846DE7EEBDE.thumb.png.6f35b72f9e993daacbf5f438118620a2.png

2 hours ago, TsarBombr said:

Sorry if the formatting on my posts is bad. Not sure how to make the text clickable to the screenshots like everyone else. Maybe it’s cause I’m posting from my iPad, maybe I’m just a plonker 😂

Highlight the word and click  the link button at the top and then paste the link into the box. I assume it will be the same from an ipad.

Wurzburger Kickers

Season 1 | 3 Liga | Promoted (1st)

A good start! I had a strong first team squad and reputation for the level and fully expected to get out of the division, but didn’t anticipate breaking the division points and wins record on the way

1661592404_Screenshot2022-12-06at21_59_24.png.fa3a5496e80a793e7c6a782dfb376e67.png

The first few games involved draws, a defeat and some slightly lucky wins, but then the team settled into a rhythm and went into a long unbeaten run and the title rapidly became a three horse race between me and the two sides relegated from Bundesliga 2. An unexpected defeat knocked me off the top of the table going into the New Year, but I didn't lose again for the rest of the season. The wins became more comfortable and I wrapped automatic promotion up by beating Braunschweig five games from the end of the season, and won the title the following week, leaving me to relax in what could otherwise have been a nervy final game with Paderborn

image.thumb.png.b79d21bfecd1b19511911acac48a823a.png

Players

The stroll to the title owed much to one man: 29 goal Jacob Transizska. 3 Liga defences just couldn't handle his movement and aerial prowess as he broke the division record despite only starting 29 games.

Signed from affiliate Wacker Modling in Austria as a free loan and originally intended as backup to other strikers, he improved very quickly after coming off the bench in his first few games, and made the spot his own. I also bolstered the forward line with the ridiculously talented teenager Maurice Krattenmacher on a free. Krattenmacher made 23 goal contributions from 26 starts but spent much of the second part of the season out with a series of injuries, which seemed to put the Bundesliga clubs sniffing around him off. My original striker - Sane - who started the season badly - stepped up in his absence.

Defensive bargain hunting also gave me the best defence in the division. Aerially dominant, ball playing Tom Gaal came on a free, transfer-listed pacy Dominic Becker wouldn’t come to me on loan, so I shelled out the absurdly low price of £10k to buy him instead. Carstens wanted way too much money at the beginning of the season, but I ended up signing him midway through as cover at a fraction of the price (seriously dude, you should have had an agent!) . I’ve played worse defenders than these three in the Bundesliga before!

My other signings were free loans as cover and some 17 year olds I’m hoping will end up as homegrown

Oh… and Tim Boss who I panic signed on a free when my backup keeper conceded everything. He came as backup, but a string of brilliant saves in the few games he played means he’ll be starting next season, despite Richter generally being OK.

The original midfield was excellent, with Calciel performing way beyond his rather ordinary skill level and Zaiser popping up with 11 goals

1798983769_Screenshot2022-12-08at19_34_09.png.c774aa3140681d85debcffa56ef62db7.png

Manager

Kevin Keller completed a couple of coaching courses, got 3. Liga Manager of the year and joined the club’s Favoured Personnel list. He's 'known for' a few things too :D 

image.png.065d88c3f402c6d23b98f1441925cb7c.png

Youth

A youth team I’d already stacked with others’ castoffs completely destroyed the U19 regional second tier against semi pro youngsters. Karlo Kuranyi scored 65 goals!

The Intake was described as a “golden generation” after I cajoled the board into some improvements, but I’m hoping to be in the Bundesliga by the time they mature, and so I'm not sure any of them will be that level. Bannewitz and Rothdauscher look like they could be useful one day.

Next Season

The club's old stadium apparently couldn't be upgraded to meet Bundesliga 2 standards (even though they were playing in it not very long ago!) so the board have already taken out a loan to build new one, the imaginatively-named "Wurzburger Kickers Stadium" that's only slightly bigger. This shouldn't be a problem financially in the long run: there's a lot of money in the German second tier, but means not much of an expanded budget for second tier football. I'm confident my overall squad quality is adequate for the Bundesliga 2, but replacing Transziska's 29 goals as the loan couldn't be extended is going to be tough. Hanging on to Krattenmacher won't necessarily be easy either

FC Den Bosch 

2023-24

Keuken Kampioen Divisie 

Cup: 

Following on from my mid season update, we had a semi final to play against FC Emmen of the Eredivisie. In a fairly even, cagey affair, on loan Juventus Striker Nicolo Turco gave us the lead after 10 minutes. FC Emmen fought back in the second half but our experienced Dutch Keeper Wouter Van Der Steen made a sequence of excellent saves late on which enabled us to hold on for a 1 goal victory. 

DA0D88E1-473F-4A58-B356-178424B69A44.thumb.png.a313d8d875975d371561b335004a7a7c.png

In the final we met AZ Alkmaar who scraped by Ajax on penalties after a 2-2 draw. We started the match as the much brighter team. Young Belgium striker Rico Coeckelbergs had a couple of good opportunities that he wasted to give us an early lead. He did eventually stick one away after being played in by a lovely through ball from our LM. Unfortunately this seemed to wake AZ from their slumber as Jesper Karlsson equalised moments later with a thunderbolt finish into the top corner, he then added a well taken second 3 minutes later to ensure AZ went into the break ahead. In the second half we fought back bravely with Coeckelbergs grabbing a brace with a well taken finish. Unfortunately again we switched off after getting back into the game and conceded what proved to be the decisive goal 3 minutes later. Djordje Mihailovic rising highest to power in a header from a set piece. We through the kitchen sink at them for the last 20 minutes but unfortunately couldn’t find a 3rd goal to send the tie to extra time.

F8C14CE1-42E1-474B-AEC4-7DD3E84ECF39.thumb.png.83364f2677f498db721354ea62324cb2.png

League:

Following on from the mid season update were we were sitting 5th after 24 games, I was confident that we could mount a challenge for the automatic promotion spots. A great run off from in our last 14 games which saw us play a lot of the teams around us. Nicolo Turco was on fine form and young Belgium striker Rico Coeckelbergs bagged some important strikes to see us secure promotion as champions with 1 game to spare. We will be playing Eredivisie football next season.

42F8868D-9CAE-409D-8497-15D61C325EE6.thumb.png.a5d0d6ccbfcc2561fee412f53424b09b.png

Team:

GK: Wouter van der Steen

Our experienced Dutch keeper was solid all season, we conceded a few goals towards the end of the season but he made some key saves in big games, particularly during our cup run. I have extended his contract for next season and he will probably keep his spot in the starting XI for next season. 

RB: Faris Hammouti 

Faris was solid but not spectacular throughout the season, he done his job well for the most part, maybe I can look into my tactics to get him into the game a bit more assists wise but I’m generally happy with him. His deal has been renewed for 1 year as it was due to expire at the end of this season. 

CB: Oumar Diakhite

Our towering Senegalese centre half. He was bought in by the previous manager on big wages. 7.5k a week. He was a rock at the centre of defence and formed a great partnership with Tarik. Will look to decrease his wage as it’s a bit much but he will see lots of game time next year.

CB: Tarik Muharemovic

Joined on loan from Juventus as a left footed option who we didn’t have to pay any wages for. Instantly made a starting spot his own. He was our best central defender this season, an absolute monster at the back. Hopefully we can get him on loan again, otherwise he will take some replacing. 

LB: Jordy van der Winden

Mr Dependable. Made the attacking wingback slot his own with some marauding runs, formed a good partnership with Leijten on the left flank, scored the odd banger. 

RM: Asier Cordoba

Wanted to leave at the start of the season. Nearly sold him to bring some funds into the club to strengthen the team, as he was unsure of signing a new deal. Eventually he signed an extension for us. Provided some key goals and assists cutting in from the right wing.

CM: Anass Ahannach

Formed a great partnership in the middle with Dino. Played the BBM role but added a play making twist as he contributed lots of key passes and was a key cog in our attacks.

CM: Dino Hallilovic

Mr Dependable 2. Had a great season. Was integral to how we played, scored a couple of nice free kicks too.

LM: Ryan Leijten 

Spent some time out injured but was generally pretty solid. Has great dribbling and balll control. Lacks a second gear but he’s solid and had potential to improve.

ST: Nicolo Turco

Our best player this season. Turco joined on loan from Juventus. Was an absolute revelation, banging them in for us. Praying we can get him again on loan as his goals will be hard to replace. 

ST: Rico Coeckelbergs 

Very inconsistent, some times he was clinical, others he couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn from 6 yards. Has good potential though so will definitely see game time. Started to form a good partnership with Turco. 

ST: Joey Konings

Played well this season playing just off Turco as a shadow striker. Lost his starting spot due to injury and Rico’s good run of form towards the end of the season. May look to retrain him to play wide right as I think he still offers a lot

CM: Leonhard Munst

joined on loan from Stuttgart on deadline day in January, provided good competition for Dino, happy with his performance even if he is a little slow. May look to bring him in if the price is right.

CM: Jochem Scheij 

Provided good backup to both Dino and Anass in central midfield as well as filling in on the left hand side. Solid but not spectacular.

LM/RM: Layee Kromah

Another loan signing joining in January. Was solid as a backup on both flanks. Available on a free as he is out of contract will look to sign him permanently as an option on both flanks for next year

LM: Ateef Konate

Joined on a free mid season with an option to extend his deal for a year, not sure whether too or not as he was nothing spectacular. Scored a crucial late winner with the last kick of the game against Jong Ajax who were top of the table at that time. 

F954469D-897A-4EDB-BDC0-80A15BB17C6D.thumb.png.2ced989bc6a9e411a9fa247443ffd256.png

BB93391A-2C31-45DF-9CAC-860FB4BBEA08.thumb.png.5c52f9461547a4fabebef5dca0e0b60c.png

Next Season

The board have given me a whopping war chest off 100k for our first season in the top flight so I’m gonna have to wheel and deal like Del Boy in order to bring some quality into the team. We have about 40k to play with in wages though so not too bad. Hopefully we can survive next season and then build from there. 

congrats on the title @enigmatic.  Some great attacking options in the team there.  A shame you couldn't hang on to Transziska but hopefully you'll find an alternative option.

@TsarBombr - congratultions on the title win..  Shame you couldn't quite hang on for the cup but a great effort.  Good luck mixing it with the big boys in the Erevisie

Wasquehal_Football.png

Season Review 2026-27

Squad | Tactic | Table | Finances

I'm really happy with how this season has gone. Unfortunately, the top 6 pulled away massively right at the start of the season, so despite a decent opening, promotion was never on the cards. However, a comfortable mid-table finish is no mean feat and gives us something good to build on. We've definitely established ourselves as a Ligue 2 quality side, it's just a case of pushing on and improving.

Results: Sept-Dec | Jan-May

We were pretty competitive this season, completely avoiding any sort of relegation battle. As mentioned though, the top 6 pulled well ahead, meaning we were in no-mans land for most of the season. A tough draw against Lens saw us exit the cup in the 9th round.

Transfers In

RB | Zaid Mahmoud (Free - Joining in the summer)

I actually nearly bought this guy in the summer, as his contract was expiring, but PSG wanted too much so I backed out. So imagine my surprise to get a message that they set him for release in March. He's a very versatile player with decent ability and apparently a bit of potential. He'll be a solid backup for us and who knows, maybe some rich Qatari club will pay millions for him.

DM | Artur Yemeljanov (Free - Joining in the summer)

I found this guy while filtering for young CBs and knew I had to pounce. Playing on an amateur contract for ex-RPL team Tom Tomsk, I fought off a few teams for his signature. Artur looks an excellent DM, as sadly his abysmal heading makes him unsuitable for a CB role. He's a young player who can immediately slot into our midfield rotation and has some definite potential. Whether he's key for us and ends up being sold down the line, bringing him in for free was an easy decision.

RW | Shota Jashiashvili (£700,000)

A new record transfer! We've been a little disappointing in attack, so Shota arrives to give us a new dynamic. He's been tearing it up for Dinamo Tbilisi and looks to have some decent potential too. He looks a great player already and will take over from the underperforming Menendez at RW. Shame about his personality, but hopefully he can improve that over time.

RW | Shalva Ogbaidze (£75,000)

Literally only brought in because Jashiashvili wanted someone to help him settle. Still, Shalva is a solid utility option up top and will help mentor Shota to hopefully get rid of that mercenary personality. More depth is not a bad thing, especially when it keeps our record signing happy.

ST | Miguel Ángel Chaparro (Free - Joining in the summer)

Despite being non-EU, I had to bring this guy in as he looks immense. He doesn't join until July, but that gives me time to decide what to do with him. He could definitely be a starter, but he's joining as a squad player which means I could send him on loan for experience. Maybe he'll be key for us, maybe he'll be a guy I look to quickly flip for profit, we'll see in time.

Transfers Out

We had a lot of offers for our better players, mainly Menendez, Nyirenda and Saulo. They all wanted to leave, but I couldn't find suitable replacements and thankfully we kept them. Some are still unhappy though, so don't be surprised to see movement in the summer.

CB | Christian Dalle Mura (£190,000 - Leaves in the summer)

A good backup player who sadly didn't want to be a backup player, it made sense to move Dalle Mura on rather than risking another squad mutiny. He was a consistently good performer for us, but he was firmly 4th choice at CB and we have other options joining. I wish him all the best.

CM | Ryan Teague (£150,000)

With improvements to our midfield, Teague was dropped to being a squad player and with his contract expiring and him wanted a fair amount of wage, it made sense to move him on when Australian teams came calling. He was a solid player for us and definitely worth the money we paid, his performances even helping him break into the Aussie national team. Best of luck to him back home.

Key Players

#1 - Shota Jashiashvili

Like Negredo, it's another striker signed in January who's making the top 3. We've really struggled for goals this season, and despite being signed as a playmaking RW, it's as a striker where the Georgian has shined. With 8 goals in 11 games, he's won us some key games and is a big reason we finished the season so well. Unlike Negredo however, we can look forward to many more years of Jashiashvili where hopefully he can replicate these performances.

#2 - Hermann Tebily

There's always a surprise performer every season, and Tebily is the man this year. Initially signed as cover for Mastour, he took advantage of an injury to the Moroccan and put in great performance after great performance, eventually becoming undroppable. He rarely has a bad game and has definitely worked his way into my future plans for this team. 

#3 - Rodgers Nyirenda

Once again the young South African is one of our best players of the season. He just keeps getting better and has really settled into our midfield. However, he's made rumbling about leaving and his contract is up next season. I really hope we can keep him around due to his consistently great performances and obvious potential, but we'll have to see.

Next Season's Thoughts

Next season will be an interesting one. Our squad is getting pretty stacked, so I'll need to do some shuffling That combined with interest in some of our best players could result in some big changes. That said, we have the problem of our reputation still being pretty low, so our players are extremely undervalued so I can't get the money I feel they're worth. We might have to rely on that though, as we've been given a small £500k transfer budget and no extra wage budget when we're already one of the leanest teams in the league. I'll do what I can to improve this team, but it'll be tough.

Year Division Predicted Position Actual Position Coupe de France Trophée des champions Europe Top Player Top Scorer Top Assists Avg. Attendance Finances Training/Youth Facilties Junior Coaching/Recruitment Extra Notes
2023/24 National 15th/18th 10th/18th 7th Round N/A N/A Erwin Zelazny (6.92) Adama Diakhaby (8) Jonathan Beaulieu (4) 999 -£292,339 Below Average/Basic Adequate/Basic Tough season, losing money badly too
2024/25 National 13th/18th 2nd/18th 11th Round N/A N/A Joe Hugill (7.46) Joe Hugill (26) Daniel Menéndez (13) 750 £-622,636 Below Average/Basic Adequate/Basic PROMOTION!!!!!!
2025/26 Ligue 2 18th/18th 12th/18th 9th Round N/A N/A Rodgers Nyirenda (7.01) 4 Players (5) Daniel Menéndez (8) 1,918 £1,057,158 Below Average/Poor Adequate/Fairly Basic Solid season, need to build on it now
2026/27 Ligue 2 16th/18th 8th/18th 9th Round N/A N/A Hermann Tebily (7.12) Saulo (9) Daniel Menéndez (6) 3,543 £-176,927 Average/Basic Good/Fairly Basic We need better players and money

image.png.4c4d0ff2e33f4f9d55cb55f5ead01fbc.png

Dunaujvaros PASE | Hungary | 2025-2026 | Season 3

After a good settling season in the Hungarian second division, this season was the one in which I hoped to step up and mount a credible challenge for one of the two promotion places in the Hungarian Second Division (Merkatil Bank Liga, now that i have installed the Real Name Fix). We weren't too too far last year, but not quite there, so the focus was to change that and definitely challenge for the top. 

Transfers

Le 13/12/2022 à 04:07, Thebaker a dit :

Seems like it will only take 1 good player or a great run to get promotion next season.

This man speaks the truth. But I didn't want to just get a chance for promotion, so I really made a push for it. First order of business was getting a top striker, as our previous main man Donat Vargas's loan wasn't renewed (it's much harder to get back-to-back loans this year, which is not a bad thing for realism sake). 

I even paid real money for one player, it turns out that the finances at Dunaujvaros aren't totally in shambles compared to other lower leagues side, so I was able to shell out some money for a good defender. 

image.png.71a61b4b3fee34c4779175c4e3157cfd.png

Comments on most of these guys will come later in the squad of the year section, but we can see that I have secured Fehévar as a Senior Affiliate, so I was abl eto secure a few loans from them (which ultimately did not play a large role in our season). In the Out column, Milan Kovacs was out on a 100k£ deal to Trencin in Slovakia (a 42k€ profit for us), which actually shows that we could sell some players who were somewhat falling out of the club, which is in itself quite a good news, event though Kovacs might be a bit of an outlier... He was good, I just found better players to take his place... 

Competitions

The focus this year was really getting out of the Division II, so I really played a quite rotated squad for the Hungarian Cup, ultimately getting knocked out by Szeged in the Fifth Round, just in line with the board expectations. 

In the league though, things started great, with a 17-game unbeaten streak to start the season. We were sitting quite merrily at the top of the table, but then January came, where we lost 3 in a row (1 win in 6), but we were able to turn things around and secure the championship with 2 games remaining. 

image.png.3e1314e9d5f6ac4b28c9f202e89ec9eb.png

As you can see from the number of goals for, there were a few good beatings along the way... 68 goals where the second highest was at 49 and our defense was the third in the league. 

The Team that made it

I'm getting at a point where I feel I can get a bit emotionally attached to these guys. Don't get me wrong, they're still expandable if I find someone that kicks the ball better, but I can hope that the grow a bit with the team. So here are the highlights... 

image.png.59639b3e2acf580c25e7956dfda53da4.png

Defense

The real star in defense was Tibor Szabo, whom I signed from Honvéd for 375K€. Yes, he was the one I split some money for and he repaid it very well to us, with 2 goals, but most notably, a 7.41 average rating and a very dependable force in the heard of the defense. His partner in the middle was generally veteran Csaba Bllényesi, who will certainly not make it as a center back in the division above... 

Révélation

image.png.7341cc9177b3e2ac466e8c5b188bdef8.png

image.png.29c0f5a4b27c223820dc8546e56386c7.png

The hope for the future is regen Olksandr Matveev, who came in through my youth intake last year and made regular appearances this year due to the DII requirement of having 1 U20 player at all time on the field. At the end of the year, he became a regular fixture in the right-back option and is developing quite well at the moment. I'm not sure he'll be able to make the jump next year in Division I (where there is no U20 requirement in the selection), but he'll come useful at some point in the future, I'm pretty sure. 

Révélation

image.png.74743a873436e39c5f8a02e640d84a17.png

Midfield

This is where most of the team changed, with quite a few great signings, all on free transfers. 

Coming on a free transfer at the end of last year after he was released from Shamrock Rovers, Dylan Watts came in to help us and solidified the midfield. A very versatile option who generally got either into a Mezzala (S) or a DLP (S) role, he came in with the occasional banger from the outside of the area and scored 8 goals and 43 assists in 20 games, a very good output from the mdifielder, even if he wasn't signed directly for his offensive contributions. 

At some point, I was a bit stuck with the U20 rule in the Hungarian DII, so I looked for options abroad who could help me immediately and ease that pressure in the lineup and that answer came in the form of Igor Gaidash, on loan from Dinamo Kyiv. Not the most technically gifted (apart from his passing) or physically, but he was a great presence in the midfield in a support role and made 28 appearances with close to a 7 average rating. He's one for the future where I likely won't be able to extend, but he has amazing mental attributes and I'll certainly keep an eye on him for the future. 

The guy who suffered the most from the arrival of Igor was Vicente Lopez, a gifted attacking midfielder who will likely get a good chance next year once Igor leaves. Great first touch and passing, good vision and work rate, I really think he can do very good things at our level, but unfortunately got a bit of the short end of the stick this year with the selection rules. 

Playing wide right, I still had Baba, who is developing well, but unfortunately doesn't count as U20 this year. Ever present on the right part of the midfield, he came in big with 13 assists over the course of the year. He can definitely make the step up to the next division.   

Révélation

image.thumb.png.ab74a771cb3d18ddcf4d91fd2ccb01c5.png

image.thumb.png.344423553bebec5023ef92d2ef526c0c.png

image.thumb.png.725449f6eb534f6eee605f8d66ffdccd.png

image.thumb.png.e75a8c64d94902660e9893d7484e2c82.png

Up front

With the departure of Donat Vargas who led us in goalscoring last year, I knew it was the weak spot of the team. I spotted this absolute lad in the Third Division, named Csanád Novák (he deserves proper accents and a non-spoiler-tag-screenshot). The moment I saw him, it was clear he was an absolute weapon in the right hands at that level. 

I mean, 19 Jumping Reach. 15 Heading. (that enough should convince you). 17 Strength. A good beard and the ears of Prince King Charles. What's not to love? 

image.thumb.png.4672b1b5d9172aa47da0fda7a436002a.png

He was quite inconsistent depending on who faced him, but when he got against some smaller folks, he'd just have a field day. In a 7-0 win, he scored 5 and got one assist. In a 5-0 win, he scored 4 and got 2 disallowed for offside. He's the ultimate lower league striker. Stick a big dude up front, aim for him and he's going to do well. 

Ironically, most of the time he was in a TF (S) role. I was hoping to have him hold the ball a bit and let the other pacy striker next to him feed off him holding the play, but he often took matters in his own hands and went with it. 

Other options up front were Noam Emeran, the Rwandan international whom I signed from Slavia Prague B (he's a Manchester United product), where he played in the AML role quite efficiently. Pacy, with good dribbling and crossing, he was a constant threat, which didn't get the level of praise he should have, often getting the "hockey-assist" playing off Novak to lead to a goal. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.b9c84744282cb8b0bddb7e1812fff6dc.png

All in all, I still think that this is the weakest part of the team at the moment and one I'll look to try to reinforce over the summer leading to next year. The brightest spot is Stelian Costea, who is on loan from Puskas Akadémia in the First Division until the end of next season. He fits rather well the technical, advanced forward that I like to play and can be a good complement to the tall-dude-up-front-of-the-moment. We'll see how this one goes. 

Révélation

image.thumb.png.c7d9f4c1ff013b1b5be9b65a03239d9d.png

Youth Intake

We're not at the level where the youth prospects can make a definite impact, but here it is for posterity, in case someone develops like I haven't expected it... 

image.png.3c59caafdce86b45351da08d017ed4ed.png

Objectives for next season

This will be our first season in the top flight, obviously the main objective is to survive there. The secondary objective is to strengthen our goal scoring department and, if we have a bit of cash to spare, start to boost our facilites. Our stadium is already a 10k seater, so this shouldn't be much of a money sink until a few years. 

Summary

Year Season League Position Media Pred Points Goal Diff Cup Europe Europe Ranking Avg. Attendance Top Scorer Top Assist Training Youth Junior Youth Rec
1 23-24 DII 9 17 47 -1 5th round NA     796 Zsombor Novak (10) Szablocs Varga (7) Basic Below Avg Average Below Avg
2 24-25 DII 4 6 46 17 5th round NA     861 Donat Varga (19) Szablocs Varga (11) Basic Below Avg Average Average
3 25-26 DII 1 4 62 38 5th round NA     872 Csanad Novak (20) Baba (13) Basic Below Avg Average Average
Edited by jmarchand

spacer.png

Hogaborgs BK

Season 7 – Allsvenskan – 4th 

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: A much quieter offseason this time out as we already have a good core of squad, but did bring in a few players nonetheless. First player came in before the league ticked over with Tannor, a Swedish homegrown striker, joining on a free to bolster our forward line. Varga was next in who I had signed to be a back up attacking midfielder, but ended up being a regular starter for us. Strid and Sallesteros both joined which added to our home grown contingent with both featuring a good amount in the team this season. Following poor goalkeeping in the first few games of the season I brought in King to be our first choice.

In the midseason window following outgoings we did bring in a couple extra players to provide replacements for the players who had left. Barratt came in, who does look a very good player and provides cover at left back and centre back which is handy. Kakay was somewhat a panic signing but a solid option on the right of defense.

Outgoings: Prada had already stated that he was going to leave on a free when his contract expired so I cashed in on him whilst I could securing a £115k +50% next sale fee for him nothing spectacular in fee but some money at least. By the time the mid-season window came about we were in deep debt, so I decided to cash in on Vitali as we got a £2.5m and 50% of next sale offer for him. My hope was this would mean that the board would not sell from under us, alas, this wasn’t the case as within one continue click the board had accepted, and the player had signed for, Nurnberg as Eduardo left for £1.3m. It was disappointing as he was on track to be homegrown at the club and a good right back and if I wanted to sell I could have gotten more for him.

League: I was actually a little disappointed with our start to the season even though our second game this term was a 6-1 victory over last season’s 3rd place team, but that was the only real game that we looked that good in. We were still winning frequently, just was one of those where we just seemed a little leggy. Once King had joined we did start to be a bit better defensively even keeping 5 clean sheets in 6 games which for us is unheard of.

This season was largely positive in results terms we just every so often just lost a couple which meant we never picked up a full head of steam but were still in and around the battle for the title (which as a second season at this level is very good). Three wins towards the end of the season, including 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to turn around the game for our victory with a loss for top of the table in the penultimate game saw us 2nd in the league going into the last match needing to better Hammarby’s result on the final day. We played poorly but were still drawing as the game was coming to it’s conclusion with Hammarby only drawing themselves which meant I went chasing a goal, unfortunately, we were hit on the counter and ended up losing with us dropping to 4th as a result. In the end, Hammarby scored a 90+3 minute winner so even if we’d have scored it would not have mattered.

We have qualified for the Conference League next season which is a huge positive.

Cup: The group stage from the last season’s cup started out well with us winning both our opening games, unfortunately, our fellow top flight team were a tough one with Elfsborg coming out on top in the fixture between us so we exited at this stage.

This season, we easily found our way through to the group stages with a 5-1 victory over lower league opposition.

Next Season/General

Despite finishing higher this season we actually only got 1 more point than the season prior but the league as a whole was much closer. Next season we’ve got to aim to give a good account of ourselves in Europe, hopefully bringing in some good funds along the way. We have a good chance of challenging for the league next season I feel though we do need to bring in more homegrown depth as a lot of the players for that are leaving at the end of the season.

We have upgraded the training facilities finally and are getting some Youth coaching and recruitment upgrades so maybe in the future we can have some actual home grown players (our youth intakes so far have been awful really). I’m not improving youth facilities for now so I can try and improve the finances on the whole.

Players of note

Emmanual TannorWe turned on a couple of other divisions as view only so Tannor found his way into the database, but a very good free signing and homegrown to boot. 18 goals in the league for us is a good showing as he fought his way against 2 good options to be the main striker.

Paulo Vitor -  Vitor started the season a man possessed racing to 6 goals in the opening 6 fixtures before settling down a little. He still had a very strong season ending with 11 goals and 8 assists in all competitions. A lot lower than his early season form suggested but still a very fruitful season for the attacking midfielder.

Karoly VargaAs mentioned in the transfers, Varga was initially supposed to be Vitor’s backup, but forced his way into the squad as a started in central midfield. 5 goals and 13 assists a strong showing and a he’s developed very well this season so I’m hoping for more of the same.

Giorgi Jibuti Jibuti didn’t really have a good season by his standard, he started the season slowly so actually found himself probably 3rd choice up front, but towards the end of the season he seemed to have got his mojo back ultimately ending with 12 league goals. The main reason for his inclusion here is that he is now our leading league appearance maker with now 96 and he became our first full international as he played and scored for Georgia.

Overview

image.thumb.png.33f85c3bc87aa848e61cad1ea92788f3.png

17 hours ago, TsarBombr said:

Nice one @rlipscombe. Before I picked up FM 23 I had a save going in Italy. Getting out of the lower division is a tough slog. 

Oh the promotion structure is a nightmare and will be a struggle to escape to be fair...  Hope i mange to do it early as finances are predictably taking a beating...

2 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Great to see the challenge still going!

Just to share, for Portugal saving on May 1st 2023 and then holidaying to June 30th 2023 works for getting a variety of promoted teams - I'm after Africanos Braganca!

Be good to see you again if you manage to get Africanos Braganca...

Wasquehal_Football.png
Season Preview 2027-28

It's safe to say we've established ourselves as Ligue 2 quality, but with a tiny budget and rising expectations, what can we achieve? Well, you'd be surprised.

Transfers Out

Some big names leaving, but a couple re-joining on loan. Ginés and Chaparro leave on loan for experience. Faye and Badu were released. Any players not mentioned aren't of signifigance to the team.

LB | Angel Quetglas (£1,800,000)

Another case of an offer being too good to refuse. We really need spending money and Quetglas, though a great talent, isn't irreplacable. Again, I play FM with a touch of realism. If I min/maxed, we probably keep him against his will for years. But part of the fun for me is adapting and dealing with situations like this. We've now got plenty of money in the bank and can improve our squad. Fun times!

ST | Saulo (£3,000,000)

Again, another case of a bid with too much money to turn down. Honestly, I'd been a bit disappointed with Saulo. For one of our star players, he never really performed as well as I'd want. I tried him in a few positions and roles, yet he never really went above "decent". £3m for him is great business considering this and will help me level up the rest of the squad.

CM | Rodgers Nyirenda (£825,000)

As mentioned in my last season review, Nyirenda wanted to leave and his contract was expiring. I tried to convince him to stay, but interest from Ligue 1 teams turned his head. I'm happy to get anything at all for him. It's a shame he's leaving, but with the replacements we've signed, it could be worse.

CAM | Hachim Mastour (£50,000)

Mastour's career at Wasquehal started out so well, with 3 goals in 6 games and a high average rating. Sadly, between injuries and poor performances, he was ousted by the surprisingly impressive Tebily and never regained his spot. He still fancied himself a starter so wanted to leave which I obliged. He definitely wasn't bad for us, but sadly we couldn't be the club to help him realize his potential.

RW | Daniel Menendez (Loan)

This might be a shock seeing how frequently I mention him as one of our better players, but honestly Menendez hasn't been that impressive, constantly floating a 6.7 rating. His development has stagnated a bit too and we have stronger options in the attack. Hopefully a loan will spark a revival in his development, but we'll see.

Transfers In

I said it might be a busy transfer window, and 14 players join! In saying that, Miguel Elias, Martin Le Cam and Jorge Pol are all youth players who likely won't feature in the first team

GK | Nuno Piloto (£425,000)

Badji has been attracting some real attention and it made me realize I don't really have a good goalkeeper lined up to succeed him. Van Sas is okay, but I'd rather have someone better to rely on. Enter Nuno Piloto. He looks a great goalkeeper for this level with a lot of potential. I did have to promise him a starting role, but I'll deal with that as it happens. His prescence makes me much safer about our future between the sticks.

RB | Clément Michelin (Loan)

More cover in such an important position can't hurt, and Michelin provides exactly that. He's an excellent all-round RB and the fact he's only a squad player is excellent. Competition should be fierce between him and Outtara for the starting role, which can only be a good thing.

CB | Enric Calvo (Free)

Another player I'd looked at for a while, Calvo was released by Barcelona in the summer and I immediately went for him. He's an excellent backup CB with a fair amount of potential to fill. He'll provide cover for our main starters, but definitely has the ability to step into the starting role if he needs to.  

CB | Adilson Duarte (£450,000)

Once again I find myself needing a starting CB and I think I've found one in Duarte. He's excellent physically and solid mentally and technically. He does have some areas he needs to improve, but I'm sure that'll come with time. I'm happy to get him in.

CB | Willy Kambwala (£500,000)

You know how I just said Duarte would be my starter? I've been after Kambwala for years, yet couldn't pry him away from the DR Congo. Finally however, he's decided we're big enough for him. I've seen this guy become an incredible CB before and at 23, he just still has time to realize some of his potential. He's already an excellent CB and gives us some real quality at the back.

LB | Simen Alexander Santos Lyngbø (Free)

My scouts wouldn't stop recommending this guy despite me being set at LB, but with Quetglas leaving I felt we needed his position sorted long-term, so Lyngbø comes in to do exactly that. He's excellent all-round and can play either side and use either foot. He can even cross as a LB/RB, which makes him like gold dust this year.

CM | Andreson Ghisi (£500,000)

With Nyriedena departing, I wanted another young CM option and Ghisi is exactly that. He's a bit more well-rounded than Nyrienda and probably a better player. Getting him in makes me feel a lot better about losing the South African, as I think we've invested his transfer fee well with this one.

RW | Rodrigo Silva (£275,000)

I felt we needed a few more options in key positions, and Silva comes in to offer that at RW/CAM. He looks a good talent and a decent player already. In his role, he doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses and for the price was an obvious signing to make. Menendez has been a bit disappointing recently, so hopefully the competition of Silva 
gives him something to think about.

RW | Ward De Poorter (Free)

I found this guy completely randomly playing in the Belgian amateur leagues and WTF are these stats!? Weirdly the game doesn't seem to think he's up to much, but to me De Poorter is an insane backup option to have. I'm looking forward to see whether I've found a hidden gem or if the game's assessment of him is correct.

LW | Shady Salama (£195,000)

Now this is a player. I'd tried to sign him last season, but he didn't want to join us. With us establishing ourselves in Ligue 2 now however, he's decided to take the leap. Salama looks like an excellent attacking talent, good enough to start for us already and with a lot of room for growth. I have a feeling he'll be a big player for us in years to come.

ST | Antonio Alexander (£245,000)

We've been missing some firepower up front for a while with none of our players being particularly amazing finishers, and I think Alexander provides that. Though he doesn't have much experience, he's definitely got the attributes to be a good striker at this level, with his only real weakness being decisions and work rate. I have confidence that if we create the chances, Alexander can finish them.

Squad

I legitimately think the squad is the best it's ever been. Yes, we lost some key players, but we've replaced them with quality and then some. Everyone in this team is a Ligue 2 calibre player and we have fantastic depth. It's a young squad too with plenty of room to grow. We're definitely in a good position.

Season Preview

We're slowly creeping up the predicted table, but I still think the game is being harsh. We've definitely got a great squad here, one better than the side who finished 9th last season. We're definitely not the strongest team in this division, but I reckon we can upset some of the big boys and maybe even think about targetting a playoff finish.

Results So Far

We've had a really good start! 3 good wins, a draw against a good Amiens side and 2 close losses that could've gone either way. I'm confident we're among the better teams in this division now, and I back us to beat anyone in a game, but we'll see how the season unfolds

Expected Lineup

Badji

Outtara - Kambwala - Hajdari - Lyngbo

Igor - Yemeljanov

Silva - Jashiashvili - Salama

Alexander

We're going with something a bit more conventional now. With the quality we have, we can be a bit more expressive and take the game to teams a little more, rather than defending for our lives. 

12 hours ago, rlipscombe said:

some promising sigings there @Rainbowz - good luck for this season. Sounds like you've made a promising start.  

Thanks, I still think we're slightly off the top teams in this league, but we're getting better each season so who knows?

spacer.png

Hogaborgs BK

Season 8 – Allsvenskan – 2nd  

Overview

Transfer Window:

Incomings: In terms of players coming in to be immediate first team challengers we had a very quiet window. Ahmed came in to provide depth in midfield and fulfil homegrown quotas. Krusnell and a return for Tada were our next first team signings both arriving on loan for left and right back positions, I had hoped to ultimately bring in Tada when his contract expired but messed up and he’d already agreed to go elsewhere before I got round to offering. Peacock was another to provide depth in midfield a handy free transfer. Demitriou was the only first team signing we made in the midseason window following a sale of a defender.

Outgoings: The incomings were quieter, the outgoings were quieter still, of players that weren’t completely out of favour or youngsters needing gametime the only outgoing we had was Barratt leaving for £1.6m. He is a decent player but never played too well for us plus we could get similar quality replacement cheaply so was a worthwhile sale.

League: We had a fantastic start to the season not losing in our opening 10 matches winning 8 of them. I had hoped to not lose the 11th match of the season either as it preceded a 2 month break for the World Cup, alas, we lost it. After our break we came back swinging with a 5-1 victory, but then we started to show chinks in our armour as our European campaign started. We started to lose a lot more games, but largely due to us not taking our chances – an xG of 3.78 resulting in us scoring just 1 and losing as a result in what was a very frustrating time of it.

Due to the European games we had plus it just happening to be a world cup year with a long break midseason, we were playing a lot of games and it was harming our consistency, we had dropped from the top of the league though still had games in hand to rectify that but were just not really playing well on the whole. Eventually a run of 5 games where we won just once saw the title for the first time in the season fall out of our control and actually, I was a little worried we could slump even further down the table which would have been extremely disappointing. Thankfully we did pick up winning 4 of our last 5 to secure 2nd including a final day victory over the team that finished 3rd. 2nd is a really good showing, but in my mind the title was ours to lose and we lost it.

In other news, the team that pipped us to 3rd last season AIK ended up getting relegated this season for the first time in 25 years.

Cup: We finally exited the group stage for the first time following 2 wins and a draw in our group which pitted us against IFK Goteberg in the Quarter Final, we did not play well though managed to hold out the initial 90 minutes at 0-0. We then fell 2 behind in extra time with us only managing a consolation goal after that.

We’ve again secured our spot in the group stages for next time out.

Europe: Our first foray into Europe came in the Conference League the 2nd round pitting us against Valur of Iceland, I was unsure what to expect in terms of relative quality but we soon answered that as we won the first leg 6-0 which meant I rotated in the second leg losing 4-3 on the night. The next round saw us against Girona, this I thought would be as far as we got as to qualify from the Spanish league they must at least have something about them. Apparently not, as we again won convincingly in the first leg 4-1 this time, and again, lost 4-3 in the away leg. We then got dealt arguably the hardest possible draw – Manchester United. The first leg we didn’t embarrass ourselves leading 2-1 at half-time before they turned it around to take a 3-2 lead back to Old Trafford. Half time in the second leg was the same scoreline at Old Trafford 2-1 to us – level on aggregate. They took the game away from us in the second half though ultimately winning 5-2 on the night to make it seem not as close as it perhaps was. Alas we were out of the competition.

Next Season/General

Few transfers in the last couple of seasons means there are a few areas that do need addressing, both left and right back was supplemented by loan players. Left back we would have been fine, but Luiz tore his ACL so is out injured for a year right back we are very much lacking though so a busy window here. Defensive midfield is an area we need to start looking at as our starter here is 34 and declining physically. Goalkeeper is also an area I do want improvement in as I’m still to be convinced that King is good enough for the long term.

The area I’m strongest is Striker, we have 3 good players there plus 2 players out on loan who have high potential (only reason they’re out on loan is they’ll have more gametime due to homegrown limitations for squad selection). So if we have to sell one of our strikers I’m not adverse to it in general as we still are in a gain money where possible stage as we are losing quite a lot in general due to lack of sponsorship and low attendances.

Next season I want to aim to win the league, but I think we may encounter similar issues to this season once European Qualification rolls around. We are continuing to improve our facilities as soon as I have enough buffer in our balance so we should hopefully see some rewards from that sooner than later.

Players of note

DeninhoOur best striker this season, 27 goals and 11 assists in all competitions is a great showing as is an overall average rating of 7.51, above the rest this season. He is wanted and will never qualify to be home grown so I may end up selling him but he has had a great season.

Giorgi Jibuti -  After a fairly poor season last time out Jibuti was much better this season, 21 goals in all competitions he was back closer to his best. He was of course upstaged by Deninho this time out but played well nonetheless.

Paulo VitorThe 3rd of our attacking trio to have a good season, he did fall off a little midseason before ending the season strong eventually managing 10 goals and 7 assists, a little lower than we’ve come to expect from him but still a handy return.

Anton Salestros Our oldest player, but a player who performed well the majority of the time for us in defensive midfield. 8 assists overall is a good return but at 34 he is only going to start getting worse from here. We’ve him another year and I’m happy for him to play there but his place in the team is definitely under threat.

Overview

image.thumb.png.e7165758f74ffa59d02a95c80ee34eb4.png

@_JHTB_another good season there and you look close to winning the league, tough draw in europe with those teams. Having played in sweden before i found it was all about squad depth with all the euro games to cram in and KO games being played at times out of kilter with the league, i've never seen AIK relegated either.

4 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@_JHTB_another good season there and you look close to winning the league, tough draw in europe with those teams. Having played in sweden before i found it was all about squad depth with all the euro games to cram in and KO games being played at times out of kilter with the league, i've never seen AIK relegated either.

It's telling that Elfsborg, who won the league, did not have any European football this season so were fresh to take advantage of all the teams around them having lots of football to play. Myself, I'm someway from the squad depth I would want but that's half the process. AIK almost pulled themselves out of it after a horrendous start, in the first half of the season they didn't even have a win to their name drawing 7 and losing 8 and only scoring 9 goals in the process.

Last season Djurgardens actually flirted with relegation a bit after winning the title the season prior so seems there is some fluctuation between good seasons and bad seasons for teams