The Beautiful Game....A Latin America Conveyer Belt : FM23 Edition

Hoarau

CONMEBOL-logo.webp       CONMEBOL-logo-2017-svg.png

22.png

sa-Vf-Bpvjn-width-800.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South American football? Pele or Maradona? R9 or Messi? This lovely part of the world has given us players who will be argued about until the end of time as to who is the best player ever, but there's so much more to enjoy and appreciate. Some of the unquestionable hero's of FM have come from here, personally I am a huge nerd for Argentinian football, stemming back to watching Batistuta & Veron tear up Italian football on Channel 4 every Sunday. Since then I've always kept a close eye through FM as to the who's who and by doing this its lead me to appreciate some of the other nations that make up the bat **** crazy world of South American football. Peru, Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador are now some of the first places I check out to see who next player is going to become a cult hero...I'm looking at you Yuriel Celi & Gerard Tavara...

To appreciate what is to come, we have to admire what lead the way...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Came Before.....

pele-1970-1457113575-800.jpg      4044.webp 

0e65fbd528f024a8d46b2e33f65bf8e4-world-c    3090.webp    3500.webp    444154f1eb8e6778e7d6f0f8912dc67a.jpg

20941222-0-image-a-21-1573627303734.jpg    Alexis-Sanchez.jpg   ECUADOR-VS-PER-RUSIA-2018-36912282531-cr   etcheverry.jpg

Firstly, apologies for spamming a 3rd thread with an image heavy start but we've got to get the eyes on it somehow, this thread can be for any type of player, no limit on talent or budget... it's not just an Endrick loyal thread!

What now? the leagues in this continent is filled with battle hardened veterans and wonderkids waiting for their big move to Europe as well as a whole host of talented players in-between. It's our job to get their names out there and share in their glory. 

I know this aint an Endrick thread but he has been amazing for me. 

Currently 20 years old in my save with Nottingham Forest and here is a screenshot of him now at 20.

image.thumb.png.86a1254dd38c1f0167abae46cc5a4b25.png

image.thumb.png.e54b23f4b05e2afe959082e7ac00e3ca.png

Another decent Brazil player is Derik who is a Left Full Back who can also play on the Left Wing as well.

I signed him for £2.8m from Athletico Paranaense.

image.thumb.png.da7c03f2a7063f28d67dac2fe9c2e67a.png

image.thumb.png.aa0781d6cef4e5d944b99e08536e9e0c.png

Regarding Endrick at what point does he decide to become interested in a move?

I'm playing Arsenal in first season transfer window and he completely has no interest in moving which i find strange given club stature. Just wondering when you got him?

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Regarding Endrick at what point does he decide to become interested in a move?

I'm playing Arsenal in first season transfer window and he completely has no interest in moving which i find strange given club stature. Just wondering when you got him?

image.thumb.png.3244a6e5c5e056defe08da89b8b54c6c.png

I signed him a few seasons in. I signed him in the 24/25 season.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Ronaldo Beckham:

image.thumb.png.3244a6e5c5e056defe08da89b8b54c6c.png

I signed him a few seasons in. I signed him in the 24/25 season.

The transfer cannot be completed before the season 2024/2025 because he becomes 18 in july 2024 but from when is he interested in a move?

I've tried to sign him in the first transfer window with Real Madrid, PSG and Ajax - no chance, he isn't interested in a move.

52 minutes ago, Sisamom said:

The transfer cannot be completed before the season 2024/2025 because he becomes 18 in july 2024 but from when is he interested in a move?

I've tried to sign him in the first transfer window with Real Madrid, PSG and Ajax - no chance, he isn't interested in a move.

I honestly can't remember but I think it was season 2.

Dump of a few of my lesser known finds...

4PQq3QS.png

O9QEqJW.png

This one is not an unknown.. but has some standout attributes that make him interesting.. also wanted in game by some big teams.. 

XCxg3bS.png

His name is Homer, he has huge ears and he's an outstanding defender for that price....

dDxjMyJ.png

fm23-best-wonderkids-andrey-santos-jpg.w

Player Name : Andrey Santos
Position : MC
Club : Vasco de Gama

FM23-Andrey-Santos.png

Disappointingly my first contribution isn't some bargain unknown but someone very well known and expensive. That being said this boy is special, potentially elite. He has all the important stats in the right place bar that hugely alarming natural fitness, however he gives me vibes of Real Madrid's Tchouameni. A favourite of mine already due to preforming well in my beta test save. 

Edited by Hoarau

Wow, South America...the leagues in and around it are stacked with gems and potential cult hero's this year again! Here's a couple more I've found. There's more I'll try and get up today at some point. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALMEIDA1.jpg

Player Name : Diego Almeida
Position : DC
Club : FC Barcelona

almeida.png

I know! he's not based in SA but I couldn't ignore him or leave him out, looks a great player and I'm optimistic Barcelona will do business.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSADI1.jpg

Player Name : Lucas Assadi
Position : AML
Club : Universidad de Chile

assadi.png

Marco-Angulo.webp

Player Name : Marco Angulo
Position : DMC
Club : Independiente del Valle

angulo.png

FERNANDEZ1.webp

Player Name : Robert Fernandez
Position : LB/LWB
Club : Bolivar

fernandez.png

DENNER1.jpg

Player Name : Denner
Position : AMRLC
Club : Sporte Recife

denner.png

Apologies for the double post, found a couple more players who might be worth having a look at. Again not top level players for the Premier League here, as someone who rarely players in the EPL these guys can find a place to flourish elsewhere in Europe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chacon1.jpg

Player Name : Yerson Chacon
Position : AMRL
Club : Deportivo Tachira

chacon.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gonzalez1.jpg

Player Name : Daniel Gonzalez
Club : Universidad Catolica

gonzalez.png

luna1.jpg

Player Name : Alex Luna
Position : AMC
Club : Atletico de Rafaela

luna.png

tapia1.jpg

Player Name : Gonzalo Tapia
Position : AMRL
Club : Universidad Catolica

tapia.png

matturro1.jpg

Player Name : Alan Matturro
Club : Defensor Sporting

matturro.png

osorio1.jpg

Player Name : Dario Osorio
Position : ML/AML
Club : Universidad de Chile

osorio.png

perez1.jpg

Player Name : Daniel Perez
Position : STK
Club : Club Brugge

perez.png

Romero1.webp

Player Name : Andres Romero
Position : MC
Club : Monagas S.C.

romero.png

Edited by Hoarau

Hi Guys

Just signed these two lads, agreed the transfers during the World Cup, they just arrived

FACUNDO FARIAS (COLON) 4.8M€ + appearences fee

farias.png.f7d63d7fa2dcd52b41525bcebe2d4070.png

Will already play for me so i'll let you know

VALENTIN GOMEZ (VELEZ) 7.5M€ + bonus

gomez.png.b7cc82770ecbe346d40edea362588e2c.png

Definitely interesting prospects this year over here :)

Edited by nico_france

• 2 weeks later...

Given i am in season 2 of a Santos save, here are some of the youngsters that look great in this save (i guess most have flexible PA). Guess everybody know about Angelo, Sandry or Marcos Leonardo, so gonna post some of the perhaps less known ones, all pics from February 2023 so not quite at the start of the game:

Lucas Barbosa is an interesting winger that's a bit unusual in that he is tall and strong. Decently well rounded stats at 21 that make him potetially suited for a variety of roles.

Barbosa.thumb.JPG.89b105c549315c08b6de1e3515947d74.JPG

Arguably more talented is Patati, though a tad bit less well rounded. Only 18 at the start of the game he has the attribute distribution you expect from a brasilian attacking midfielder. Using him as a shadow striker in a strikerless 4123 since Marcos Leonardo left.

Patati.thumb.JPG.e815b15a063f21c1b34ae1d176eb9825.JPG

Another attacking minded midfielder, though with enough defensive and physical ability to be a B2B player, is Gabriel Pirani. Starts the game out on loan and is a bit more expensive from the go if you fancy buying him. But also furthest along in terms of developing.

Pirani.thumb.JPG.a73fccad6aa4b6df647d541e32db43ca.JPG

Nathan is a top drawer Right Back. You'd maybe like some better crossing but other than that he's really well rounded.

Nathan.thumb.JPG.5dcfd56fa022c911a2f00b83cb53e446.JPG

They have an equally enticing option on the other side of the pitch in Jonatan:

Jonatan.thumb.JPG.91459ba2fc9b8ab3c52d66e62a7c4d8d.JPG

And if you fancy a solid, no-nonsense Centre Back, there's Eduardo Bauermann

Bauermann.thumb.JPG.b2dca347ad949c77643ad91c15ef9b5d.JPG