[FM23][Skin] SSD23 BETA v1.0

Sh@rk

Good morning everyone.

I'm back with my new skin SSD23. This year, as I like the blueish style of the game, no more gold skin. I've made a skin all blue. But as you can see in the screens with a Reds save.

Main features : Instant Result, Inbox with bigger faces, Faces on Tactics screen, stadium ans city pics on club overview, new processing panel, and many more to discover.

464132186_socialfeed.thumb.png.7e86eaf7b7e818ba5986805b0880be7a.pngprocessing.thumb.png.82bfae3a726e9517d58ddc2d109335ae.png116716236_instantresult.thumb.png.9d9a1d0136c73002d5817aab3ef38b0e.pnginbox.thumb.png.cd048a60c4fc233da9d9991e5aecb6b5.pnghome.thumb.png.f768e9c1fc85b338bbf8e101cdce8c91.pngclub1.thumb.png.3596f9f1654bf853225cf92dc5d1a52e.png

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

v1.0:

- changed colors in some headers

- fixed issue with cup draws boxes color

- changed colors of several icons to be more blue (physical condition/match sharpness/morale)

- fixed issue in tactics screen when selecting role/duty

CREDITS

a31632 : Thank you for helping me in the inbox screen to add/move the faces on the left of the screen.
FMEnhanced : Thank you for allowing me to use some of your panels (popup player)
wozzie : Thank you for allowing me to use some of your panels (nation overview for exemple)
michaeltmurrayuk, bluestillidie00, wkdsoul : And others from official SI forums for all the help and advices given.

Edited by Sh@rk

stunning work, i love the blue this year so glad you have expanded on it!

city pics arent showing for me, they are stored on the below path

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics\backgrounds\city pics

do i need to tweak the config at all? 

TIA 

I've made a small tutorial a few years ago. It is still working for FM23.

Masquer le contenu

1. Open your city pics pack. Normally it can be found here : Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\City pics
2. There are different packs, so there are 2 different ways to configure it:
            - First one is that all images are here in a single big folder. In it you will find a file called config.xml which is the one we are looking for.
            - Second one, more complicated for us, is that the creator made his pack with sub-folders by nation then by country. you will need to navigate and open every config.xml files.
3. Opoen one file config.xml with a text editor (I recommand Notepad++)
4. You will see several ligns with the same code.
5. You will have to edit those lines to match the lign below :

<record from="XXX" to="graphics/pictures/club/YYY/logo/background/left"/>

6. XXX stands for your city picture (ie: the .jpg or .png file). Most of the time you will see a series of numbers.
7. YYY is your club ID in Football Manager 2020.
To find it, open the game and launch your saved game.
Then, go to preferences, click on advanced
Next, you choose "interface" in the scrolling menu on the right
And you tick the box in front of "Show screen IDs in Titlebar to assist skinning"
Confirm by clicking OK button
8. Once back to the game, click on whatever club you want.
You will see a number appeared next to the club name in the titlebar on top of the screen.
9. Note down this number.
10. Get back to Notepad (or your text editor) to modify your lign of code.

I will take Liverpool as an exemple for the rest of the tutorial

Liverpool ID is 676 (this is our YYY from point 5)
My graphic file is the photo called liverpool.jpg (this is our XXX from point 5)

I have to type the line of code following this:

<record from="liverpool" to="graphics/pictures/club/676/logo/background/left"/>

11. This is what the config.xml file should look like once finished.
12. This is the folder with our Liverpool picture.
13. Back to Football Manager 2020.
14. Then, go to preferences, click on advanced 
Untick the box in front of "Use caching to decrease page loading times"
And tick the box in front of "Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences"
Hit Confirm button
15. Wait for the loading and head up to your club profile (I will go to Liverpool in my exemple)
Now you have your city pic showing.

29 minutes ago, Sh@rk said:

I've made a small tutorial a few years ago. It is still working for FM23.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Open your city pics pack. Normally it can be found here : Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\City pics
2. There are different packs, so there are 2 different ways to configure it:
            - First one is that all images are here in a single big folder. In it you will find a file called config.xml which is the one we are looking for.
            - Second one, more complicated for us, is that the creator made his pack with sub-folders by nation then by country. you will need to navigate and open every config.xml files.
3. Opoen one file config.xml with a text editor (I recommand Notepad++)
4. You will see several ligns with the same code.
5. You will have to edit those lines to match the lign below :

<record from="XXX" to="graphics/pictures/club/YYY/logo/background/left"/>

6. XXX stands for your city picture (ie: the .jpg or .png file). Most of the time you will see a series of numbers.
7. YYY is your club ID in Football Manager 2020.
To find it, open the game and launch your saved game.
Then, go to preferences, click on advanced
And you tick the box in front of "Show screen IDs in Titlebar to assist skinning"
Confirm by clicking OK button
8. Once back to the game, click on whatever club you want.
You will see a number appeared next to the club name in the titlebar on top of the screen.
9. Note down this number.
10. Get back to Notepad (or your text editor) to modify your lign of code.

I will take Liverpool as an exemple for the rest of the tutorial

Liverpool ID is 676 (this is our YYY from point 5)
My graphic file is the photo called liverpool.jpg (this is our XXX from point 5)

I have to type the line of code following this:

<record from="liverpool" to="graphics/pictures/club/676/logo/background/left"/>

11. This is what the config.xml file should look like once finished.
12. This is the folder with our Liverpool picture.
13. Back to Football Manager 2020.
14. Then, go to preferences, click on advanced 
Untick the box in front of "Use caching to decrease page loading times"
And tick the box in front of "Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences"
Hit Confirm button
15. Wait for the loading and head up to your club profile (I will go to Liverpool in my exemple)
Now you have your city pic showing.

My config file is correct and other skins are picking up the city pics so im pretty lost!

2 minutes ago, Sh@rk said:

As background ?

Because I don't use backgrounds. The tutorial I gave is to make the city pics work in my skin in the club overview but they won't show as backgrounds.

no not as a background no, but i have moved them into the main folder outside of the backgrounds folder too and still had no joy, will keep tinkering though 

As on another forum, no credit given to other skin makers work. I helped you getting the inbox panels to show the way I have it in my skin. I even provided you my panels for the inbox look as you could t get it to work.

Saying “my bad” on another forum and finally adding credit while leaving this one completely “blank” is not cool.

Not sharing any of my work with others anymore, not even “deemed to be” fellow “skinners”.

Taking other people’s work and not even giving proper credit is very disappointing to say the least. Lots of the features in your skin are NOT your work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/10/2022 at 18:30, a31632 said:

As on another forum, no credit given to other skin makers work. I helped you getting the inbox panels to show the way I have it in my skin. I even provided you my panels for the inbox look as you could t get it to work.

Saying “my bad” on another forum and finally adding credit while leaving this one completely “blank” is not cool.

Not sharing any of my work with others anymore, not even “deemed to be” fellow “skinners”.

Taking other people’s work and not even giving proper credit is very disappointing to say the least. Lots of the features in your skin are NOT your work.

if you did the inbox you might be able to help me out, is it possible to swap the gmail logo and the text above it around?

image.thumb.png.521b4918344c212d4e70017e49cca1b0.png

• Sh@rk changed the title to [FM23][Skin] SSD23 BETA v1.0
Le 09/11/2022 à 20:04, slav85 a dit :

if you did the inbox you might be able to help me out, is it possible to swap the gmail logo and the text above it around?

image.thumb.png.521b4918344c212d4e70017e49cca1b0.png

@slav85 Download these 2 files to have the old layout. Adjust figures lines 15, 17, 22 to what you like. (These files go here: panels/human)

_inbox item.xml_inbox panel.xml

Il y a 11 heures, hoangbaotrung129 a dit :

hello can you fix this panel. it's better if squad comparison move down a little bit. very nice skin by the way

Screenshot (430).png

@hoangbaotrung129 Download this file and move it here: panels/player

player positions indicator scout card.xml