United We Stand. Again. And Again.

Constantine

11114bdee62b83f9f27028a4f46d6110.png

Jedinstvo Ub

Bloody hell, this is annoying. I finally get a game running. Got three seasons out of it. And during it, managing OFK Beograd, managing in Serbia, it just reminded me of a club I'd much rather take on a FM journey.

OFK is fun, little club. Brimming with history, begging for a rebuild. But Jedinstvo, or United, for you English speaking folks, Jedinstvo is home.

Already had a thread for them, youth only, two or three years back. It has a background info on them, why I like them so I'll just copy/paste that stuff and adjust as necessary.

Bold part is the one being edited.

Jedinstvo Ub. One of the two clubs from village town where i spent my childhood. Definitively a bigger one since the other, Radnik, is relatively new. I lived 5 minutes away from their stadium. Went on runs there when i was younger, up and down the stairs on their stands. Heck, during their glory days (and i use term glory very loosely here), when Jedinstvo played in Serbia&Montenegro' Second Division, i was a bag boy for Bosko Jankovic and Dusan Basta, former Genoa and Lazio players who were here during their developing years.

Ub is where Dragan Dzajic, arguably the best Yugoslavian player was born. Jedinstvo Ub is where he made his first steps into football. If you haven't heard of him, i wouldn't blame you. One of the most underrated players in history. He was ridiculous back in the days. “Džajić is the Balkan miracle – a real wizard, I’m just sorry he’s not Brazilian because I’ve never seen such a natural footballer.” Words said by none other than Pelé, right after the two played against each other in 1968, if i'm not mistaken. Look him up on Youtube, even today he would be among the greatest, his technique, dribbling, crossing, devastating left foot... Out of this world.

But he wasn't the only one. Dusan (Dule) Savic, another one born in Ub, started his career at Jedinstvo before going to Crvena zvezda and becoming one of their legends and cult hero. And during his elderly days, a raging homophobe, as well as Serbian nationalist and Russian sympathizer. Maybe I should've just deleted this part but alas.

In recent times, we had Radisav Petrovic, current Almeria Zaragoza player, who went from Jedinstvo to Partizan to Blackburn, before starting his merry-go-round loan spree after signing for Sporting Lisbon.

And at last, but not least important. Maybe you've heard of him. Current Manchester United AS Roma player. Nemanja Matic.

He isn't exactly that much connected to Jedinstvo as some of previously mentioned. At least during his earlier years. We'll get to that soon. Matic was born in tiny village near Ub called Vrelo. He played a bit for their side before going to trial in Partizan and Crvena zvezda. As neither found him talented enough to sign permanently, he went back to Ub, signed his youth contract with Jedinstvo where he spent year or two before turning pro at Kolubara, his stop-gap to Kosice and later Chelsea.

Now, how is he connected this story, how is Matic intertwined in all of this and how he got me to start this save?

Bear with me and this wall of text, we're getting there.

Jedinstvo went through hard times after their former player Dragan Dzajic, back then president of Crvena zvezda, resigned and Jedinstvo's link with Serbian biggest club was severed. With no talent coming from Belgrade on loans, they dropped like a stone as far as current Serbian Fourth Division. They yo-yoed between 3rd and 4th rank, desperately trying to get back where they were and few business practices/couple wrong transfer decisions away, Jedinstvo were at the brink of extinction. Tale old as time...

In comes Nemanja Matic. As Manchester United Roma first teamer, he had means and will to help save the club where he spent his formative years. Basically, he took over Jedinstvo, paid their debts, restored our stadium, renamed it from Gradski Stadion to Stadium Dragan Dzajic and since he can't be here full time due to his career, Matic delegated pretty much everything to his brother Darko, now acting chairman of Jedinstvo Ub.

Their aims: Financial stability, giving local kids a chance to shine and eventually going after promotion to Serbian top flight.

End of the copied bit.

I'm currently really high on this club. After coming back home, this season I've missed just one of their home games. It was on my little sister's birthday.

And it's nice. Football is mostly **** but everything else around it is nice. Folks gathering are nice. The whole ambient is just... Wholesome.

They've been promoted to Serbian second tier, Prva liga after some club (I think it was Zarkovo, I'm really not sure) failed to comply with financial regulations. There were few clubs in the mix but Jedinstvo prevailed, thanks to a rebuilt stadium, clean books (the official reason) and some tiny bit of politics involved, as Ub's mayor is really close to our lord and saviour, our despot and eternal ruler Aleksandar Vucic.

So, yeah, not exactly spotless record but they're here. But in this game, we can do things the right way. Get to the promised land on the pitch. Without shady backroom deals.

So let's get to work.

1fc3a9e3383fda4728088737dfc0e212.png

As you can see, as a club, we're pretty basic. Semi pro side, predicted by media to finish at 14th place out of 16. No major honors won, so there's an empty trophy case that begs to be filled.

Finances are alright for now but we're bound to see the red before season's end. Facilities basic as you can get though junior coaching and recruitment seems a bit better than I remember it being.

Board expectations aren't high, which is nice.

f5366724e1d123b29f267522c6155121.png

We should be able to fulfill this and then more.

50bf1ac0bbc0a00c5c0bd563c79251ba.png

Squad is a... Well, work in progress is pretty gentle way to describe it.

One goalkeeper, and rubbish on at that. Sorry Ivan, you're our captain in RL and I love you but in here, you're rubbish.

We've got a 27 years old defender who's retiring. For some reason.

And a lot of people that are already retired from football. Like Sajic, Djermanovic, Sreckovic, Zoran Radojicic.

Couple of them that are on laughably wrong positions: Andric is a left back/central defender, Doderovic is featured as right wingback and our club's best player, Nikola Radojicic is a roaming playmaker.

Then there are folks I haven't even heard of.

Long story short, there's a lot of work to be done. Let's get to it.

Edited by Constantine

Jedinstvo Ub

Catching up with the world. Transfer Window. Preseason.

What I meant with first, catching up bit is to just show you what happened in the other leagues during first season, which I simulated to get Jedinstvo into Prva liga.

So here's a quick recap.

England. Liverpool won again. Pep had a horrible December and it cost him the title. Still kept his job. Despite not winning anything. Bald Fraud

Fulham, Sheff Utd and Hull got promoted.

France. PS****ingG. Dijon and Auxerre back in top tier.

Germany. Boring, even more than usual. Schalke and Darmstadt got back in.

Italy. Juve's competent only in FM. Parma, Monza and Benevento this year's arrivals from Serie B.

Serbia. It was close but Red Star came first. Javor and Macva are back in the top tier. Again. It's the same couple of sides each time. Dull.

Spain. I... I have no idea what the hell happened here. I'm speechless. But I love every ****ing bit of this. Almeria, Zaragoza and Rayo Vallecano, welcome to the madhouse.

As for ourselves... We were busy.

52d01ee67e601c420e94d3a4e9d0e48c.png

Only one I wanted to keep was Pirgic. But as soon as TSC came sniffing around, he threw a fit so I threw him out. For a price.

7312eb37d7d741fb5f91b9cdd8cbe81b.png

This might seems bit much but it's pretty on point, considering number of players we signed in real life ahead of this season. Only difference is, RL Jedinstvo signed a striker from Nigeria and midfielder from Ghana. Our ingame scouting reach game isn't that great.

But I feel we did alright. Couldn't always land our #1 target per position but we're in much better shape than we were few months ago.

Nikola Njamculović - Straight up replacement for Pirgic.

Arton Zekaj - With a move that couldn't possibly cause any sort of controversy in real life, we've got ourselves (most likely) starting DMC from Kosovo. Having been released from Lille, he's back in Serbia, after spending couple of years in both Partizan and Red Star's affiliates.

Nemanja Marković - Prearranged transfer. Not exactly the best player in our club. Great name, though...

Đorđe Jovanović - Zekaj's main competition for a place in the starting lineup.

Stefan Mitrović - Considering how limited Vujić is, we needed a player of Stefan's profile.

Ilija Miodragović - He's more than capable of filling in when Radojičić needs rest.

Dragiša Gudelj - Dragiša used to be one of our greatest talents but Netherlands and Spain hasn't been kind to him.

Nikola Jadranin - My third choice but will become our new #1 nonetheless.

Dragan Vukotić - Despite some of the obvious flaws in his game, Dragan will start beside Gudelj. We had other targets in mind but Jedinstvo wasn't first pick for either of them.

Milan Janjić - Milan should start often for us. Experienced at this level, having spent years and years at Buducnost Dobanovci, who got relegated just last year.

Mihajlo Spasojević - Will lead the line for us. Great talent but without place in stuffed Cukaricki side.

Andi Hoti - Prepare for trouble and make it double. Another Kosovan signed with Jedinstvo. Stumbled upon him after getting Zekaj in, randomly checked Kosovo NT and there he was. He's got pedigree, having spent time at Zurich and Inter. Vukotic got himself a proper rival for a place in the starting XI.

In the end, our squad looks like this.

13a1f58b6c4dcbdc296c60eecc41a0e4.png

All but Andric ready and raring to go.

We will line up in 4-3-3 formation. Base of which have been shamelessly stolen inspired by Rashidi's recreation of Mikel Arteta's Arsenal for FM 23. It's not 100%, I've made couple of changes but most of the stuff are picked up from there. Check out his channel, it's treasure trove of information and his latest streams with Aston Villa feature a ridiculous number of tactical instructions, in all kinds and shapes.

5cb273f71a3130fb281ebe261849505f.png

As for preseason fixtures, as is always the case with me, opponents don't matter. It's all for whipping us back up in shape and building morale.

Our season officially starts tomorrow, as we travel up to the mountains, where we'll play against Zlatibor.

Jedinstvo Ub

August, September and October 2022

Prva liga

0773c03449a1f9a516f90102f1693720.png

f3d23ae946e1a1f09774c73d5e244883.png

Furious start and flawless August then bit of a struggle as soon as midweek games got into the mix. I started (unnecessarily) tinkering with lineups and we dropped some points. Like we're playing in England, two, three games each week so players need rest. I often forget these guys are more resilient. Alas. C'est la vie. It's football. It'll happen from time to time.

And just to brag a bit, I'm doing bit better than our RL manager. We're at the same point in time. He's 5th right now. We're 2nd. He couldn't beat Loznica yesterday (0-0), in a dullest game I've watched in a long time, we did it in spectacular fashion.

Kup Srbije

77ad196b2cbe7c617a46c7394564f171.png

So far, so good. Got through the qualifiers, even knocking out top tier side, Metalac. Lovely stuff.

Jedinstvo Ub

November and December 2022

Prva liga

f323aac15ae739d2a7090c0a34ded4bd.png

eed2ba454f30772c5a6d192c2bba3b54.png

Perfect run sandwiched in between two blunders. Though, to Zlatibor credits, they pushed us to the brink. We barely got it going. Well deserved points for them. Backa away was just bad luck.

And now we wait till February. It's not just the upcoming World Cup, every winter break in Serbia is like this. So freaking annoying to go through...

Jedinstvo Ub

January, February and March 2023

Transfers

6d56a97902872e53bf970c2115f333bd.png

Only one out, shipped off to Belgrade. Never really fit our vision, signed by previous management, it was never gonna work.

Kup Srbije

812849d7d601141bcf1e1cfc81962d27.png

First game post winter break. I swear to you, played this game last night and I have no memory of it ending up with this result. What I remember, we also lost on penalties but it was 1-1 after 90 minutes.

Bizarre. Either it was this game or my memory, someone is screwing with me.

Prva liga

08b47a6274b892e9089fc39af60fa2f2.png

338f0922687162e32a3ad725fd632ba4.png

Considering we barely had one fullback fit during these two months, it's a miracle we did as well as we did. Sajic, Gudelj and Andric did a lion's share of work covering for those injured.

Two more games till league's split. All points remains, no halving them. Works for us.

Also, we've upgraded Junior Coaching. It's considered Adequate now. But the board won't budge on Recruitment. I've asked two times now.

Jedinstvo Ub

April and May 2023

And Season Review, I guess

22d6d61f20572f7e52ac53c59574d1b9.png

Now we're getting to the fun stuff...

Prva liga

c67d1baee08d1542559b6ea1b686ab57.png

5601731e007ed396c66545b62fa9b6ba.png

Not gonna lie, it was a chore getting through this part. With a win against Mladost in a first match post split, our title was all but guaranteed. So I've had bit of a fun with lineups and played around with setups.

Deductions. That sounds a bit pompous, this is just obvious stuff.

We need fitter fullbacks. All four of them broke down after January.

Our defense falls apart without Gudelj.

And we need to do everything in our power to keep that attacking trio, Djordjevic, Vesic, Spasojevic together. They've been ridiculous.

Squad

324a7673a800680365c2e85d8b24f358.png

I genuinely wouldn't mind keeping all of them for our debut season in Superliga. Step up isn't that great, we've played few sides in the Kup and... Yeah, I think we would survive rather comfortably somewhere around the middle.

Vujic is a goner, obviously, since he signed with some Slovakian second league side which name I won't even try to pronounce, but, yeah, I'd keep the rest.

Since we've just turned pro, like, literary, second ago, a bunch of new contracts will be handled.

And there's Spasojevic. I'm fearing approaching Cukaricki to ask for another loan. He's been ridiculous for us and I dread that "we're looking to give him a chance in first team" pop up.

We'll see.

83fed69d7bdb9149f9f567379821eb81.png

Finances are alright. Lots of space to fill in that WB. And TB doesn't matter, in Serbia, as long as you're not called Partizan or Crvena zvezda, you ain't paying transfer fees.

Best Players

Obviously subjective list.

Aleksandar Janković - Janjic might've scored more but Jankovic has been our main creative force this year despite not exactly looking like a creator.

Uroš Vesić - Consistent presence on a matchday chart, whether it is for a goal or assist.

Mihajlo Spasojević - This list wouldn't be fair without having our top scorer on it. It wasn't even close.

Last, but not least...

ec8b9820baaf9841ac2effad9ba6252a.png

Finally!!

Stubborn bastards, took them a while.

But they did it. So, good bastards.

Jedinstvo Ub

July and August 2023

Transfers

First thing first.

415dc185f18bcc71afb07b27747c1021.png

FFS!! I've expected it. Still sucks, though.

5b051e382610c79eed3fbbf66bf3c11a.png

One player out. Well, four, if you count in loanees going back to their parent clubs.

0743edb8e5041b5f268fe20bef078cc3.png

So four new players came in. I don't like bloated squads, especially without euro comps on the table so we'll keep the squad nice and lean at 22.

Dušan Stević - First of the two right back signed this summer. I planned to had them fight it out for the starting role but Bojica picked up an injury just two days after his arrival so Dusan became instant starter.

Bojica Nikčević - Unlucky fella. Currently getting back up to fitness after spending entire preseason injured.

Stefan Šormaz - Our new striker. Not as fast nor tricky as Spasojevic was but seems to have greater understanding of the game.

Dejan Kuzmanović - Released from AS Monaco. Serbian u19 international. He'll be great fit for us.

a3d1afd8e6816fee8f7790fd544ca016.png

This is how our squad currently looks like. Gudelj has been moved to the left to accommodate Kuzmanovic in the starting lineup (league rules, you must have one u21 Serb in the XI at all time) and Sormaz got the leading role up front.

We're currently having bit of an unrest. Because FM.

Jankovic got mad literally the second Vujic and Mitrovic left on July 1st, started moaning how we have no cover or any right backs at all.

Which was true, if you don't count in the fact that we already had two of them lined up on Bosman.

And since transfer window in Serbia opens few days later (6th of July), we've got into this mess that still hasn't been resolved, despite my promise to him about us strengthening been fulfilled couple of days later.

It was fulfilled. I've got a green circle on Promises tab. It's gone from there. Yet the bastard is still unhappy.

Transfer window's open til late September. If he doesn't come to his senses soon, I'll move him. He's not that good for me to tolerate him that much.

Finances

eebbb0d30770689000e0aabfb6c34159.png

It's alright. Renewed almost all player contracts and still kept it under the budget. Got another Junior Coaching upgrade. And we're currently overhauling our staff so expecting further losses down the line but nothing serious.

Linglong Tire Super liga

b25c8e3959ae1eac76dd31b089a85a9f.png

532280483396de94ea4341aec71e931b.png

Our Superliga debut isn't exactly going as planned. But IMO, it looks worse than actually is. We shat the bed vs Surdulica at home and away at Radnicki, we really should've won those. No shame in losing to Spartak, who's leading the pack at the moment, and Cukaricki, they're currently stronger than us. We were never getting anything from Partizan so I've sent out our second string, like lambs to slaughter, just to build up their fitness. We have to build up our fitness levels because we haven't had full preseason to prepare. Only got two weeks for it, because reasons. So I'll give it some time. We have some easier games in the next couple of weeks so we'll see.

I'm not panicking. Yet.

Kup Srbije

ab9451886d2bb80814258c4c7eccca8e.png

Got past first hurdle. IMT's next.

Edited by Constantine

Jedinstvo Ub

September and October 2023

Linglong Tire Super liga

77499cb3facbdf9512e3410669ff859d.png

eabd4940908dfb12596e64548bf62d96.png

We've had horrifically unlucky streak of games that rivals current one Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool's going through. Just one big unending series of unfortunate events.

It's exhausting.

Had the lead at half time v Napredak but having two players with knocks and another one apprehensive with yellow card to his name, I've made all three subs at HT. Not even a minute in the second half, I kid you not, not even a minute, Gudelj broke his toe and we were with 10 players with 45 minutes to play.

We were losing against Vozdovac, overturned their lead near the end just to be denied our deserved victory after Hajdin scored a screamer from 35m.

Metalac equalized from a free kick they've got from one of their rare trips to our half.

TSC beat us fair and square but Crvena zvezda... I dislike them in RL but they're just as scummy in the game. In a true Red Star fashion, they were given a penalty and had one of our players sent off, an usual occurrence in RL when they can't break an opponent in domestic competitions.

I stand by my opinion. We aren't this bad. We just can't convert our chances properly. Both Vesic and Djordjevic are shadows of their former self and I still cry in my sleep after losing Spasojevic.

Fun stuff.

Well, I did ask for a challenge...

Careful what you wish for.

Kup Srbije

69df7aecd8edf6f663a6357acb43330a.png

Our Liverpool v Bornmouth moment came in the cup where we just utterly demolished poor IMT. Everything and their cat are going in.

Just with we could've repeated some of that against Vozdovac. Had two goals overturned, one of which was really, really dubious.

4 hours ago, TelcontarTargaryen said:

Breaking Partizan/Crvena Zvezda duoploy soon? :)

In my experience, three or four years shall be enough for that. English clubs are picking their talents up and knowing this game, they won't spend that money wisely.

Though Zvezda somehow ended up signing Marko Pjaca... A glitch in the matrix, surely...

Jedinstvo Ub

November and December 2023

Linglong Tire Super liga

82493086da6839dcd158c4a20793f793.png

b23dfd26895e6a83cc622abcb0103f53.png

Red wave's coming, baby!! Two tough losses but screw that. Look at that green!! Such a sight for sore eyes.

We haven't changed anything. Our striker(s) started scoring, we started winning games. Such a novel concept, I know...

Such a shame we aren't playing for two months now, now that we're finally picked up some form.

And one late correction/addition.

Forgot to mention it last time. Sorry about that. After Gudelj broke his toe, we shipped in a replacement.

5d32eb04871e6e3f753c400fff23d07d.png

Cukaricki was kind enough to let us loan Mirosavic without paying a dime.

I forgot about him because he got injured after week or two after joining and haven't featured til middle of December. Just slipped my mind.

Won't happen again.

We've got a transfer window to deal with. Radojicic, Sajic, Andric and Stojakovic all came to me, seeking a new challenge (aside from Luka Stojakovic, who wanted a loan move to secure a permanent move for himself).

Radojicic, Sajic and Stojakovic already signed for other clubs and now we're just waiting for window to open to say goodbye to them.

Won't be getting a replacement for Radojicic since we already have forgotten Mirosavic available to us.

As for Stojakovic's, there's a bunch of players on trial with us, two of them are really promising so I guess that's sorted out too. Not yet, but soon.

So, basically, deals are nearly done but a lot can happen during January.

We'll see...

I know that I've said before that I wouldn't be getting new FM just yet, that I'd wait till after Winter Patch...

I'm a weak man.

f13a1db58ad24c125f469cf0c58901c9.png

And comparing to the previous version, this team fares tiny bit better. It's still way off in some cases but it's better than it's been.

For starters, our second best player in RL, Nikola Radojicic has his natural position (MC) added.

Got a nice par of central defenders in Markovic and Bogdanovic.

Doderovic and Andric remain totally wrong.

Yet biggest disservice has been done to my man Karikari Kwaku. He's been easily our best player. It's not even up for discussion. He's a calm finisher, quick, strong, with a great first touch, great feeling for space yet you wouldn't know it if you see him ingame.

My favorite though is Filip Avric. He plays in tandem with Karikari and while the Ghanaian scores most of the goals, Filip does the dirty work, pressing like a man possessed while also serving as a great decoy and dummy runner. If only he would put some work into finishing, he'd be a complete player. Still, I love him.

Finances are alright. No space to manoeuvre in Wage Budget, sadly. We desperately need some cover in the heart of the defense but even if we had some money to burn, we wouldn't be able to do so since I've turned off first transfer window.

So... No fun stuff till January.

Still, we've got a preseason to go through. Media predicts us to finish 14th and... I don't know, man. Yes, we lacks some depth but we've also got couple of really decent players.

I guess we'll see when season start.

Back to the Prva liga...

Jedinstvo Ub

July and August 2022

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

3455ed238b8f07d493d6fc82230c4744.png

e10e42f54afe3293a8da80c76346b0c5.png

Unbeaten month(s), as great start as one can wish for. Could've been tiny bit better, had we not dropped points and lead v Radnicki. Subbed in Rajovic and he got sent off ten minutes later. Bless him.

Kup Srbije

4215973f03ed86821742916175115a32.png

Out!! Failed at first obstacle. We were unlucky to draw against Super liga side, plus I rotated a lot... Yeah, we were never getting past GAT.

Squad

Since we're playing such a turgid, boring football in RL, I've decided to go the other way in FM.

We're aiming for champagne.

bc4bed45342634629ee600dac9d8a1f9.png

It's a riff on Arsenal recreation I've used in 22. It's sexy and exciting to watch. Whether when we're on a counter and just swarm the opposition box or when shambles ensues as we try to defend. Key word: try.

But it's not boring. That's the whole point, I guess. Still tweaking stuff as we go but I like it.

Avric had a blistering start, scored five in two and went silent. On the other hand, my boy Karikari started slow but is catching up.

Ivan Jovanović

Kristijan Bošković  -  Lazar Marković  -  Aleksandar Bogdanović  -  Nenad Sević

Nikola Ristovski

Marko Adamović  -  Nikola Radojičić

Filip Avrić  -  Kwaku Karikari  -  Viktor Živojinović

Can't wait for January and transfer window to open. We need couple of CD's, pronto. Old man Rajovic is jumping in to cover but... We really, really struggle when even one of Markovic/Bogdanovic is missing.

As for the rest... Can't complain. We're doing good so far.

Jedinstvo Ub

September and October 2022

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

590052e6bc84a5b9fe096abf98a40ef8.png

1b5a260491330326b8dea27205d3b21f.png

Cruisin'... Karikari and Avric seems to hit a bad patch of form but Viktor Zivojinovic willed us to victory quite few times.

b0beaff6661a60d59c3e20974eb4f319.png

The purge has begun. Arkady, our backup of a backup was first out of the door. Mirko Andric and Milos Marinkovic are set to follow, after signing for Worms and Smederevo.

At one point I did consider terminating Viktor's loan, since his salary is a bit too rich for my blood but he's been playing his heart out. I don't know what to do...

Jedinstvo Ub

November and December 2022

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

fa0798caccce5c35f4830e07929ab4a6.png

Take it easy, big fella, you'll get it soon...

92eb6d0253c48f3e1bcdd96fee8d317f.png

602585846b00b4366a6e6bf7421a0af0.png

Confession time. We lost against Radnicki when we played them in the original timeline. But my game crashed when I was reloading skin after replacing Prva liga's logo with a proper one.

Replayed that game three times, won all three, 5-1, 3-0 and 2-1 before deciding I couldn't bother anymore to get it right and moving on.

As for our purge, another one bites the dust. Nemanja Doderovic is going to our local rivals, Buducnost Krusik. Won't be going after his replacement, since we had a nice lad sitting in our u19 side. Meet Uros Stevancevic.

Jedinstvo Ub

January and February 2023

Transfers

74288cc4955b0572209f1d8d5aecf7ea.png

One name to add to the departed list, Djordje Vladisavljevic. My neighbor, we're literally one street apart. Talented kid, was on trial at Real Sociedad last summer. It hurt when he didn't want to sign new contract with us and instead opted to go to Krusevac. It's a lovely city but has crappy people. And my NBA fantasy archenemy lives there, so it adds insult to injury. Dammit, Djordje...

a3d3efd7a8e64f97a885386451620680.png

Two bad boys, an experienced left back to replace Djordje and a talented CD. Maybe I should've got another one but two of my primary targets chose other clubs (Cukaricki and Vojvodina) so I've decided to stay under wage budget and keep at it with old man Rajovic till summer.

Nikola Marjanović - Vojvodina academy graduate, third best in the country. Spent last two seasons in Superliga with Proleter. For now, Nikola will get his minutes off the bench.

Nikola Ninković - Serbian version of Ravel Morrison. Incredible talent in his formative years but without proper mentality to use it fully. Known more for his antics off the pitch. A cautionary tale.

Nemanja Mihajlović - Another great talent back in the days. Went out in the world perhaps a bit too early. Struggled in the Netherlands, wandered around Turkey before coming home looking for redemption. Replacement for Doderovic up in the final third.

Stefan Milošević - Brought in as a backup and replacement for Djordje but will have to start for us. Since our first choice left back decided to commit a treason too. Pestered him (Sevic) multiple times to sign new contract with us. His excuse was that he's waiting till we could offer him the money he want. And just after transfer window closed, within one single continue, he negotiated and signed with Radnicki and with that doomed himself with having to spend rest of the season on the bench. I'm petty like that.

32f18f8616815fec9740987a124966fc.png

Pretty happy with that. Kristijan Boskovic and Nikola Radojicic signed new contracts. Two years for Radojicic, because I'm sentimental, like him in RL and I want to see him play in Super liga.

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

1140d1df13cf47d8aff66e0fa6403d9e.png

aa068b4838c48a3c1b2424301fa19af4.png

We just failed to convert our chances. Our opponents did not. Missed a penalty, had goal disallowed, our front three struggled badly despite scoring in abundance in friendlies.

Bad day. It happens.

Edited by Constantine

Jedinstvo Ub

March and April 2023

Good news. And the bad. Let's go with good ones first.

78789d46cc0fe1b79de8c0e9a4dad8a2.png

It's in the bag. It was just a matter of time but now it's official. We're going up.

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

7c76a2a6e05f91988c2407dd5c7b6562.png

2c3356914a61f2e4d5dc7d0d74d1f4f9.png

Had a bit of a scare in April, with those three losses in a row. Didn't even played that bad, we just failed to slot our chances. I know it's weird complaining about that when we have undoubtedly the best attack in the league (that's what the league table says) but still... Anyhow, coming back from behind against Rad at home sealed our promotion. Four games to go and title seems ours to lose.

And now we're coming to the bit with bad news. We're victims of our own success.

We're being ransacked.

First victim was Marko Adamovic. He came home from Cyprus after we got promoted to Prva liga. He became perhaps our most proficient midfielder of the three. Suddenly, a call back from Cyprus arrived. Honestly, can't blame him. Better climate, five times bigger pay. It just suck they picked him up in the middle of our promotion hunt.

After him, three more followed.

d5b3524fbba1575cb9706711e19d96e6.png

Marko Vujic and Nikola Ristovski are going to random clubs in Slovakia. Both of them played there before so I guess that why they came for them. Ristovski has the same story as Adamovic, played for us years ago, came back when we got to the second tier and now is going abroad. Again. Those two were irreplaceable parts of our midfield. It'll be hard to replace them.

Last one to go (for now, that is) is Igor Milanovic. In the game, he is definitively better player than Karikari. But he's so useless in RL, so clumsy and bad and I guess my bias got the better of me. Always a backup, despite having decent stats (5 goals, 2 assists in 12) so... Bye. Off to Smederevo he goes. Hopefully they'll treat him better than I did.

Jedinstvo Ub

May 2023

Mozzart Bet Prva liga

6a33ae28a6420fc4b900247f7fa538ba.png

cc2444dac9c275943e02ab2d03b4de5e.png

And that's it for this season, folks. Signed off with a bang(s), final two games, 11 goals, we were anything but boring.

An oddity happened. Usually, in previous games, as soon as we are officially promoted, the board announces we're going full time. Going pro.

For some reason, this didn't happen.

So I asked.

47f12da8bff0906282f60093899f9b55.png

And after few backs and forths, they've conceded.

819d100fcbf436e6d1e9e24ed8576213.png

I'm happy but I really shouldn't have to ask for it. We would be massacred in the top tier had we gone with semi.

6672a724b1a3737f98c45765d8f6638d.png

Contracts negotiations have begun but chances are, we'll be having wildly different side in a few months time.

Both goalkeepers will have to go, they just haven't up to the task. Jovanovic wanted a way out either way after Adamovic went to Cyprus (like I wanted that to happen) so...

Fullbacks, Boskovic and newbie Milosevic are staying. Vujic and Sevic already has transfers arranged so we will have to sort out replacements.

Heart of the defense will remain almost intact. Markovic, Bogdanovic and Marjanovic are all decent players and we'll be adding up just one player more as a substitute for an old man Rajovic.

Knezevic, Denic, Ninkovic and Radojicic are nice but not nearly enough. We'll be after a proper anchorman and one box2box type.

Attack will be changed drastically. At this point, I can guarantee that only Mihajlovic, Avric and young blood Stevancevic will remain. And I'm not exactly convinced by either of them. Milanovic is a goner, Karikari has an offer to return home and Radnicki ain't willing to loan us Zivojinovic for another year.

Top Players

Kwaku Karikari - Our top scorer. Barely good enough for this level and despite my RL love for him, I just can't justify going with him as #1 option in Super liga.

Lazar Marković - Both he and Bogdanović deserves shout outs. Without them, we are defending like a proper pub team. If even one of them is MIA, we're in trouble.

Viktor Živojinović - Wasn't exactly someone you would call a consistent performer but when he's on, he's on. Our top rated player.

Edited by Constantine

• 2 weeks later...

Jedinstvo Ub

Season Review - 2023/24

Well, the World Cup and work threw my FM schedule into disarray...

Our debut season in Super liga done and dusted. Here's how we've done.

Transfers

36ad1d9028aaea4bacd59fa1730f7a7e.png

All transfers, bar the last two were prearranged and there was nothing we could've done about it.

Those last two came to fruition at the end of the season but because of the way this game works, our league wasn't reset at the time so they're counting as last season outgoings.

Marjanovic was part of the rotation in our defense but fell behind as we brought in some youngsters. Aleksa Maric is a striker who haven't exactly set the world on fire for us but did enough to impress TSC to offer us 100k for his services.

5eddc1e26d0954e87a66ef148681296c.png

Adam Viola - We needed some depth and cover for Milosevic. Not even in top 5 of my targets but... Beggars and choosers...

Lukijan Abadžija - I loved this kid in last year's game. One of the most talented youngster in the country at his position.

Filip Jović - Player to build our midfield around.

Dragan Bojat - He's got everything I'm looking for in a fullback. It's a shame Partizan won't let us have him for the next season.

Dejan Kuzmanović - He came, he saw and he's leaving us for Crvena zvezda or Saint Etienne without conquering Serbia with us. It's a shame, I like him but he isn't as good as he was in previous year's edition.

Aleksa Marić - Had a decent, if unspectacular season for us before moving on to greener pastures.

Stefan Ilić - Our number 1.

Carles Llario - Carles is one of my favorite players from two years ago. Signed him in my Deportivo save and he was ridiculously good, even in Primera. Here's hoping for a reprisal, despite his underwhelming debut season in Serbia.

Björn Hardley - Former NAC Breda and Man Utd youngster played most of this season out of necessity as a DMC but he'll be back to his natural position in season to come.

Gabriele Gori - We needed goals and while he didn't deliver right away, Gabriele showed encouraging signs in his time with us.

There's also one other player, that doesn't show in this SS, because he was signed before season reset last year.

Þorsteinn Aron Antonsson - Icelandic giant, fresh off after getting released by Fulham, decided to start anew with us.

7a8aad4e453288fe41019d2f2e60dc9e.png

The state of our squad. Season has been reset and I stupidly hadn't kept a save from before so this will have to do. I'm sorry I can't show you their stats from our Super liga debut.

Speaking of which...

Mozzart Bet SuperLiga

73c2046f8e565b8966caf3d19d900049.png

77f1101e2877c389cf36f253bc765b98.png

We've had good days, we've had bad days. There were times our survival was in question, especially during that dreadful losing streak in second half of the season (we weren't bad, we were just wasteful and down on luck, missing almost every shot while our opponents scored from pretty much every chance they've had) but we snapped out of it after the league split and ended it on a high note.

Avrić was just ridiculous, the lad scored 24 in 35 league games!!

b3f5e57e01bffa4a7cbd1a6cbf3b7200.png

Kup Srbije

d70707cfd3c2a4126aa65a098a073981.png

First round exit. Played pretty much a whole backup side and with that in mind, we did well to put two past Vozdovac.

c790f426ce5edce61543204f8fa1393e.png

We were a bit over half a mill in the black. Until I asked the board to improve our training facilities. The cost was too high, 375k. Bloody hell!! That's one of the reasons we're selling Kuzmanovic. And why we let Maric go. We're considering offers for anyone.

That's about it for now. Here's hoping for more regular updates in days to come.

Cheers.

Edited by Constantine