Odd Skin Impact on EFL Score

giglet13

So I've got the TCS skin with some of my own match edits. But I havent  touched the competition based score areas. However, with base skin:
image.png.ecfb23dcd636cecd6d2a25147cccc514.png

But with my skin:

image.png.03e98f7a53957dc123bc7c11d579d58a.png

As the panel itself has had no changes from the default, I can only conclude either something elsewhere if effecting the colour efl blue or something in the paper/red replacements? (the latter seems less likely) - any ideas?

Been digging more - It can't be an issue in the panel itself as it's looking at the default one, no amends & not even included in my skin files -  so must be something with the colours in the skin or score paper/graphic files? Colour seems unlikely as the score itself shares colour (Efl blue) and appears fine on a white background. 

Anybody have any ideas where to even start to decode why the clock won't appear?? I've cleared cache and switched skin about multiple times and it's happened in more than one match...

2 hours ago, giglet13 said:

Been digging more - It can't be an issue in the panel itself as it's looking at the default one, no amends & not even included in my skin files -  so must be something with the colours in the skin or score paper/graphic files? Colour seems unlikely as the score itself shares colour (Efl blue) and appears fine on a white background. 

Anybody have any ideas where to even start to decode why the clock won't appear?? I've cleared cache and switched skin about multiple times and it's happened in more than one match...

can't replicate myself either, very strange. 

It must be something in my match panel adaptations to your original skin then... which again confuses me as this panel is obviously still 'default' - at least I can isolate it to being something i've amended rather than within your original skin I'm adapting from... 

I might have something, a skin released on another site had same issue and thinks he fixed it dropping back in some base skin files to the match folder, but is going to check after work tonight . Ill share on here if i find the solution

1 hour ago, giglet13 said:

I might have something, a skin released on another site had same issue and thinks he fixed it dropping back in some base skin files to the match folder, but is going to check after work tonight . Ill share on here if i find the solution

try and put this in your settings

<colour name="efl blue"                                 value="rgb(6,22,132)" />

So it's fixed, (Efl blue bit didnt change anything @snowofman unfortunately) but dropping these two files from base skin back in my match folder did:

match title bar.xmlmatch title bar score highlight frame viewer.xml

All credit to another skinner on sortitoutsi who fixed this but no idea what it is about these panels that had caused the issue. If anyone can/wants to decode for future understanding feel free to share any learnings - but I'm happy with it just being fixed :P 

Edited by giglet13

21 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

So it's fixed, (Efl blue bit didnt change anything @snowofman unfortunately) but dropping these two files from base skin back in my match folder did:

match title bar.xml 4.82 kB · 0 downloads match title bar score highlight frame viewer.xml 4.23 kB · 0 downloads

All credit to another skinner on sortitoutsi who fixed this but no idea what it is about these panels that had caused the issue. If anyone can/wants to decode for future understanding feel free to share any learnings - but I'm happy with it just being fixed :P 

My line was just a shot in the dark as i don't use the default myself :)

but glad you got it working

1 hour ago, giglet13 said:

match title bar.xml 4.82 kB · 1 download match title bar score highlight frame viewer.xml 4.23 kB · 2 downloads

I think I've found the issue.

In the match title bar.xml file, there's a line 

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="match/match score area panel">
					<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				</container>

In the file you've attached, that line of code also has an id assigned to it - id="MsaP"

So by adding the id to the container, I've managed to fix the issue with CL clock having wrong color. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for other comps, including EFL.

3 hours ago, (sic) said:

I think I've found the issue.

In the match title bar.xml file, there's a line 

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="match/match score area panel">
				</container>

In the file you've attached, that line of code also has an id assigned to it - id="MsaP"

So by adding the id to the container, I've managed to fix the issue with CL clock having wrong color. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for other comps, including EFL.

Lovely, I was just editing it. Already moved the appearance of the whole container and divided it to two.

image.thumb.png.9bb2299dc6fa4830bd737a76f28162b2.png

50 minutes ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

I'm trying to put the scoreboard as my default but for some reason the comp logo is not showing, any workaround guys? I am a bit green in these areas.
It works fine in EFL.

Thank you!!

image.png.1bbc8c016e94b9d5083bf392c1f396c4.png

image.png.9ab9a2ff237960c0c2c60d20347dc929.png

Have you changed any of the code? My guess is you'll need to adjust the COMP ID section of the config, might be something in converting the bundesliga stuff last year:

2 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Have you changed any of the code? My guess is you'll need to adjust the COMP ID section of the config, might be something in converting the bundesliga stuff last year:

I've tried that tbh.. but same result, hopefully I did it the right way. I removed this and replaced it with your tip

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="coIC" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="22" >
                        <list id="value_list">
                            <record value="22" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/BL grey"/>
                            <record value="23" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/BL2 grey"/>
                            <record value="92030194" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/supercup grey"/>
                        </list>
                    </widget>

Just now, DamienQilBormliz said:

I've tried that tbh.. but same result, hopefully I did it the right way. I removed this and replaced it with your tip

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="coIC" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="22" >
                        <list id="value_list">
                            <record value="22" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/BL grey"/>
                            <record value="23" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/BL2 grey"/>
                            <record value="92030194" file="pictures/logos/normal/comps/ger/supercup grey"/>
                        </list>
                    </widget>

So this code is for Bundesliga comps, the EFL one looks like this:

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="coIC" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="efl blue" scale_picture="true" width="100">
                        <list id="value_list">
                            <record value="12" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="13" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="14" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="1301427" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_cup_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="1301429" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_trophy_horizontal_short"/>
                        </list>
                    </widget>

So I'd suggest start with change to:
             <widget class="object_portrait_picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre" width="100">

</widget>

There is probably some other work to do around making it fit the shape etc. so may not be perfect - my knowledge is quite limited to trial and error and panels from others - so might be one of the others on here can help a little more if this doesnt quite do it.

9 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

So this code is for Bundesliga comps, the EFL one looks like this:

<widget class="value_based_picture" id="coIC" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="efl blue" scale_picture="true" width="100">
                        <list id="value_list">
                            <record value="12" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="13" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="14" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_skybet_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="1301427" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_cup_horizontal_short"/>
                            <record value="1301429" file="pictures/logos/custom/comps/eng/efl_trophy_horizontal_short"/>
                        </list>
                    </widget>

So I'd suggest start with change to:
             <widget class="object_portrait_picture" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre" width="100">

</widget>

There is probably some other work to do around making it fit the shape etc. so may not be perfect - my knowledge is quite limited to trial and error and panels from others - so might be one of the others on here can help a little more if this doesnt quite do it.

It worked man! Thank you so much for your help, interest and time! Much appreciated!

image.png.f34ca900656bc067348c222b31554105.png

5 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

@giglet13sorry to bother you again but you seem to know what you're doing haha, do you know which code I need to amend to be able to extend this panel by a bit so goalkeeper's name is visible as the others?

Thank you bro!

image.png.86d678f34f5790b0301c701358fbfd91.png

Hey - not sure on this one, i believe its in the match preview line-ups panel

<!-- Home Team Line Up -->
                        <container>
                            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="middle" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="20" />

<container id="hpco" height="350">
                                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/lineup pitch/efl pitch" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" />
                                <widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="hpwt" vertical="true" icon_flags="disable_name_colour,dont_colour_number, show_name,show_number,colour_names_for_team,show_captain,dont_fade_icons,dont_show_team_names,show_preview_info_popup,drop_initial_if_possible" player_icon_file="tactics/tactics icon preview info panel" pitch_line_colour="black"  pitch_alignment="centre_x, can_scale" pitch_vertical_padding="-20">

<boolean id="pitch_draw_image" value="false" />
                                </widget>

</container>

Try playing with the height (currently 350) for this or possibly the final bit of pitch infortmation (pitch vertical padding) and reducing that to -10? I'd be doing my trial an error around this section but others may have more educated guesses!  

14 hours ago, giglet13 said:

Hey - not sure on this one, i believe its in the match preview line-ups panel

<!-- Home Team Line Up -->
                        <container>
                            <attachment_group class="vertical_arrange" vertical_alignment="middle" vertical_offset="0" vertical_gap="20" />

<container id="hpco" height="350">
                                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="picture" file="boxes/custom/match/lineup pitch/efl pitch" image_alignment="centre" scale_picture="true" />
                                <widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="hpwt" vertical="true" icon_flags="disable_name_colour,dont_colour_number, show_name,show_number,colour_names_for_team,show_captain,dont_fade_icons,dont_show_team_names,show_preview_info_popup,drop_initial_if_possible" player_icon_file="tactics/tactics icon preview info panel" pitch_line_colour="black"  pitch_alignment="centre_x, can_scale" pitch_vertical_padding="-20">

<boolean id="pitch_draw_image" value="false" />
                                </widget>

</container>

Try playing with the height (currently 350) for this or possibly the final bit of pitch infortmation (pitch vertical padding) and reducing that to -10? I'd be doing my trial an error around this section but others may have more educated guesses!  

Just wow man, worked as well. Sorry took some time to reply but was a bit busy with work.
Thank you once again buddy :)

image.png.a07c6539ce284ca616e77010aa63e01c.png