Football Manager 2023 Mobile – New Features Unveiled

Football Manager 2023 Mobile will be released on November 8th on iOS and Android, with new features and improvements designed to enhance your mobile management experience.

FM23-Mobile_Feature_Blog-BlogHeader-1034x600-EN.png

The arrival of UEFA Club Competitions to FM23 Mobile will make those big European nights feel even more special, while the introduction of Team Talks will give you the opportunity to fire up and motivate your squad.

Let’s take a look at this year’s new features in more depth…

TEAM TALKS

Make your management style clearer than ever before with Team Talks making their Mobile series debut. Available pre-match and at half-time, be the difference maker when your team needs it most. 

You can also individually praise or criticise your players too, so if your star striker has produced a world-class performance or your goalkeeper is looking a bit shaky at the back, you can pass on a valuable message.

You will also see a reaction screen after you chat with your players, indicating their initial response, while post-match media items will include team-talk reaction, too.

Whether you’re a boss who opts for the hairdryer treatment, or someone who prefers an arm around the shoulder, the introduction of Team Talks will help represent your managerial ethos in FM23 Mobile.

TT (use on features page)_WIP_0.jpg

TT2_WIP_0.jpg

DEVELOPMENT HUB

The brand-new Development Hub is designed to help you create future Wonderkids at your club.

When younger players appear in the revamped Youth Intake screen, you can choose to bring them onboard or otherwise.

From there, if it’s time for them to get some experience elsewhere, you can loan them out and receive enhanced feedback from your backroom staff throughout their spell. Via the enhanced mentoring system, you can also choose one of your players to guide a prospect through their development.

City Youth_WIP.jpg

KDB_WIP.jpg

INCREASED MANAGER FOCUS

A refreshed Manager Profile will represent your personality more than ever before, with traits evolving throughout your career and reflecting your managerial style.

To help you stay onside with the club’s hierarchy, Board Confidence has also been revamped to provide more detailed feedback on your successes and failures both on and off the pitch.

With these improvements bringing you closer to the game, become a part of your own world in FM23 Mobile with the new option to add your own photo to your manager card.*

MP_WIP.jpg

UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS

Those Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights will feel even more special with fully licensed UEFA Club Competitions coming to FM23 Mobile.

Matchday branding will reflect the amazing experience of big European nights as you look to lead your side to glory in the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, the UEFA Europa Conference League and the UEFA Super Cup.

The addition of live, authentic draws for UEFA Club Competitions will also offer a truly immersive experience, as you await your fate.

UEFA (use for main page)_WIP.jpg

UEFA 2_WIP.jpg

RECRUITMENT IMPROVEMENTS

Reworked transfer and loan negotiations will give you clearer feedback on your transfer bids, while other clubs will behave more realistically in their dealings with you.

Elsewhere, dealings with your own players will be influenced by their underlying ambitions. For example, a burning desire to play in one of the big leagues overseas might be a greater draw than a salary increase.

Sarr_WIP.jpg

FMFC 

This year, our exclusive member’s club FMFC has been integrated into the Mobile series for the first time. 

Members will be able to login and get access to free exclusive game modes, with three challenges - ‘Unrest at Home’, ‘You Can’t Win Anything with Kids’, and ‘The Dangers of Capitalism’ – available to play. Selecting a national team from game start is also available exclusively to FMFC users.

FURTHER CHANGES
•    Interim managers will make an appearance in FM23 Mobile for the first time ever – the opportunity to take up that role at another club may even appear in your inbox.
•    Football authorities can issue referees with the instruction to be more lenient or stricter at the beginning of a season.

*available only on iOS 15+.

The word(s) UEFA, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, EUROPA LEAGUE, EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE, SUPER CUP, the UEFA logo and all marks related to the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa Conference League and UEFA Super Cup (including, but not limited to, logos, designs, mascots, products, trophies and names) are owned and protected as registered trade marks, designs and/or as copyright works by UEFA. All rights reserved.

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, mnpjam said:

Any update for match engine or tactic screen ?

The AI for the match engine has been tuned and refreshed (as happens most years) - most specifically this year the movement for inside forwards and midfielders, along with improving how players play out from the back (esp. goalkeeper distribution).

With regards to tactics - at the request of a few users I've added some additional roles to some positions.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Thanks - so no new leagues then, just UEFA branding?

Yes, I'd have liked to add a new league - but it wasn't feasible this year - on the other hand we do have additional licences which is always nice.

11 dakika önce, Marc Vaughan said:

The AI for the match engine has been tuned and refreshed (as happens most years) - most specifically this year the movement for inside forwards and midfielders, along with improving how players play out from the back (esp. goalkeeper distribution).

With regards to tactics - at the request of a few users I've added some additional roles to some positions.

Thank u. I criticize you but you are making good progress despite the non-radical changes. I hope we see new roles. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'd have liked to add a new league - but it wasn't feasible this year

If it’s not too much to ask I’m curious as to what influences this? It’s disappointing as personally one of the biggest draws of each release is trying out the newest leagues

6 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes, I'd have liked to add a new league - but it wasn't feasible this year - on the other hand we do have additional licences which is always nice.

Im sad to say that I wont be buying the game as long as the swedish league is not available. 
its been playable on computer since the 90s… feels like You should make all the leagues possible to play. Why not via in app purchases? You would make a good profit 

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks again for all your hard work. I am so excited to play it. Love the new features which add to an already legendary game.

Champions League and Man City aside - what other new licences are there? I always enjoy playing leagues more when the official badges and kits are present.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Cothucotchy said:

Im sad to say that I wont be buying the game as long as the swedish league is not available. 
its been playable on computer since the 90s… feels like You should make all the leagues possible to play. Why not via in app purchases? You would make a good profit 

That is obviously your choice thanks for letting us know your preference of leagues to add.

25 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That is obviously your choice thanks for letting us know your preference of leagues to add.

Do you keep statistics on how many users use each league? I can't imagine many use Wales or South Africa for example.

Part of the fun in the main game was to take a club from a smaller league and try and bring through a generation of talent into the national side. It would be nicer to have more of those smaller European nations to play with and a more balanced and deeper youth recruitment across the game. There's only really Denmark that fits the build out of the current leagues and then you're left with all the random good youngsters, no matter their nationality, ending up at random Dutch or Ukrainian clubs.

The transfer screen above is nice to see but there’s a risk that the powerful ‘enquiry’ mode could make the extra feedback redundant. The selling club nearly always gives me a straight price that they stick to, following an enquiry. It’s only when other clubs join in that the price rises.

I’d also hope to see the assistant manager state that a player has just been purchased by his current club and is very unlikely to want to move…and then that player will refuse to move if you continue to try and buy him. I’ve seen too many players being interested to move when they’ve just been bought by another club in the same transfer window. I know it happens but it’s very rare.

As for extra leagues, I personally think there’s enough. There wouldn’t be much to be gained gameplay wise by adding say the Hungarian, Czech, Chilean or Japanese leagues unless you come from one of those countries of course. I bet most game players stick to the same major leagues already present in the game. 

Edited by Vane

2 hours ago, Vane said:

I bet most game players stick to the same major leagues already present in the game

That’s a great point that I didn’t think about. As I said above I love trying out the new leagues but you’re right I’m probably in the minority at least in terms of FMM. Makes sense why the studio wouldn’t want to allocate a ton of resources to something a majority of players won’t use 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Vane said:

The transfer screen above is nice to see but there’s a risk that the powerful ‘enquiry’ mode could make the extra feedback redundant. The selling club nearly always gives me a straight price that they stick to, following an enquiry. It’s only when other clubs join in that the price rises.

I’d also hope to see the assistant manager state that a player has just been purchased by his current club and is very unlikely to want to move…and then that player will refuse to move if you continue to try and buy him. I’ve seen too many players being interested to move when they’ve just been bought by another club in the same transfer window. I know it happens but it’s very rare.

One of the reasons for the revamp of that page is to help explain to users 'why' sometimes a price requested is lower or higher than it might be normally ... for instance the assistant will mention that 'Icutini is in the final year of his contract and Sports Interactive risk losing him on a free-transfer' etc.

You'll see the opposite mentioned where they state he's a vital player and they won't let him go cheaply - this is obvious to most users I know, but it doesn't hurt to over-explain in my experience :D

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, XJ6 said:

Do you keep statistics on how many users use each league? I can't imagine many use Wales or South Africa for example.

Part of the fun in the main game was to take a club from a smaller league and try and bring through a generation of talent into the national side. It would be nicer to have more of those smaller European nations to play with and a more balanced and deeper youth recruitment across the game. There's only really Denmark that fits the build out of the current leagues and then you're left with all the random good youngsters, no matter their nationality, ending up at random Dutch or Ukrainian clubs.

We do, you might be surprised at some of the ones which are popular for play - especially those selected as 'secondary leagues' (ie. not the one the user starts in, often someone might run a specific league on a continent to 'open' up national teams or improve scouting returns in an area etc.).

36 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We do, you might be surprised at some of the ones which are popular for play - especially those selected as 'secondary leagues' (ie. not the one the user starts in, often someone might run a specific league on a continent to 'open' up national teams or improve scouting returns in an area etc.).

Is the argument then for the option to have just read only leagues  and then you can keep the number of playable leagues but allow people the option of a larger database?

Also helps with feeder teams where you can't see their form/player's real progression on that loan because the league isn't visible.

Just thoughts.

1 hour ago, lcutini said:

That’s a great point that I didn’t think about. As I said above I love trying out the new leagues but you’re right I’m probably in the minority at least in terms of FMM. Makes sense why the studio wouldn’t want to allocate a ton of resources to something a majority of players won’t use 

Although Marc’s just said that the minor leagues have their fans so may be they’re more popular than I think. I’d probably run the lot if the game allowed it as I think my recent age iPad Pro could cope.

12 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

Is the argument then for the option to have just read only leagues  and then you can keep the number of playable leagues but allow people the option of a larger database?

Also helps with feeder teams where you can't see their form/player's real progression on that loan because the league isn't visible.

Just thoughts.

Yep, I be happy with that old PC set up. A few playable leagues with a load of read only would be great!

• SI Staff
20 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

One of the things the 'dev hub' will bring this year is a 'loan' area where you get an assessment on all the players loaned out from your club so you can get a feel for their progression etc.

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm enjoying the game thus far but just had a total immersion breaking moment to which I wanted to bring to attention. I'm currently managing Wrexham in the National league and this appeared during the FA CUP 4th round qualy draw.

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

One of the things the 'dev hub' will bring this year is a 'loan' area where you get an assessment on all the players loaned out from your club so you can get a feel for their progression etc.

Hopefully that's beneficial, it has made managing a CFG operation less appealing so given you have City in the game and new features it'll make that approach more appealing.

Also interested to see if my foolproof tactic for the past 2 years still works, if so I'll have to share it with you!

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, mike_j_c said:

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm enjoying the game thus far but just had a total immersion breaking moment to which I wanted to bring to attention. I'm currently managing Wrexham in the National league and this appeared during the FA CUP 4th round qualy draw.

Capture.PNG

Sorry - this is an FM issue and that wouldn't happen in FMM because we don't have this particular feature. Might I suggest you post it in their 'issues/bugs' area?

• SI Staff
46 minutes ago, XJ6 said:

Also interested to see if my foolproof tactic for the past 2 years still works, if so I'll have to share it with you!

Please do so - send it to me now if you want?

(if it helps I'm finding myself playing three at the back in the Premiership more this iteration than in previous ones?)

Looking forward to the licenses, just gives an extra dimension of immersion. Unsure how development hub will be different to the current youth intake / reports from assistant when out on loan, but will wait and see. Its an evolution on an already strong series,  so quite happy. 

I always thought interim manager was in there anyway?

I've seen , the board see you as an interim manager when I've joined a club with no badges etc.

This seems like a minimal point in the grand scheme of things but will you be releasing another skin for the game at all? For some reason, I don't really get on with the purple. Totally aesthetic but it would be nice to have a couple of other options.

Very much liking the new features, will be an insta purchase as usual.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, TheHurricane said:

Is it possible to instruct the goalkeeper to come up for corners in FMM23?

No but I've scribbled it down as something to definitely consider for FMM24 as I kinda love that idea :D
(obviously doesn't help in the short-term, but hopefully is some consolation)

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, Four_Eyed_Matt said:

This seems like a minimal point in the grand scheme of things but will you be releasing another skin for the game at all? For some reason, I don't really get on with the purple. Totally aesthetic but it would be nice to have a couple of other options.

It'll have an alternative 'tone' skin as per the last version.

On 27/10/2022 at 14:08, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes ofc it is But You should think about it.  If someone wanted to play in the SAN Marinese league it should be possibly. Dont you think that would be cool. 

And only have a few leagues available and have all the leagues via in-app purchases and then players download assets fot the save game You wish to start 

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, Cothucotchy said:

Yes ofc it is But You should think about it.  If someone wanted to play in the SAN Marinese league it should be possibly. Dont you think that would be cool. 

And only have a few leagues available and have all the leagues via in-app purchases and then players download assets fot the save game You wish to start 

My preference would always be for the entire world of football to be present and available for users to participate within - we assess adding leagues every year, however there are practical limits to what can be implemented and tested within the game.

Every year all the nations/leagues within a game have to be updated, tested etc. and this takes a considerable amount of man-power and resources so its not always possible to justify expanding the number of nations competitions modeled within a product.

(again thanks for your feedback, I realize that what I'm saying isn't particularly what you want to hear - but we did (obviously) consider adding in new leagues and do with every iteration of the game)

13 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

My preference would always be for the entire world of football to be present and available for users to participate within - we assess adding leagues every year, however there are practical limits to what can be implemented and tested within the game.

Every year all the nations/leagues within a game have to be updated, tested etc. and this takes a considerable amount of man-power and resources so its not always possible to justify expanding the number of nations competitions modeled within a product.

(again thanks for your feedback, I realize that what I'm saying isn't particularly what you want to hear - but we did (obviously) consider adding in new leagues and do with every iteration of the game)

I know you have said no new leagues, but maybe you could consider the bottom 2 tiers of the Scottish pyramid. The Highland and Lowland leagues, you have the rest of the Scottish set up already there. 

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, Macmole said:

I know you have said no new leagues, but maybe you could consider the bottom 2 tiers of the Scottish pyramid. The Highland and Lowland leagues, you have the rest of the Scottish set up already there. 

We'll definitely consider them for next years version - however for this years we're literally days from releasing at this point so adding anything major like that isn't possible (sorry).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, SSolas said:

Can I just confirm that on top of the 'big' features announced, there will be many other little additions added to FMM23?

as new logos & asthetic changes does not sound enough for a years work.

There are (as usual) a load of small tweaks and improvements etc. 

(lets put it this way I've been working long hours for the last few months trying to get things finished in time for release, so its not like we slacked off ;) )

On 30/10/2022 at 22:24, Marc Vaughan said:

There are (as usual) a load of small tweaks and improvements etc. 

(lets put it this way I've been working long hours for the last few months trying to get things finished in time for release, so its not like we slacked off ;) )

@Marc Vaughan One "small" feature I'd love to see is similar to what they have on Touch for squad selection whereby you can toggle for "Next Match Only" and you can pick a rotational side but then it goes back for the subsequent game. Any chance it's made its way into mobile?

On 27/10/2022 at 08:48, Vane said:

As for extra leagues, I personally think there’s enough. There wouldn’t be much to be gained gameplay wise by adding say the Hungarian, Czech, Chilean or Japanese leagues unless you come from one of those countries of course. I bet most game players stick to the same major leagues already present in the game. 

It would be great to have Brazil. To me that is the biggesr omission in FMM. They produce a lot of talent and they have fun competitions. It would also greatly enhance the Copa Libertadores.

Personally, I would also love to have Colombia, but I expect that is likely never coming to mobile.

I just hope u were able to adjust the unrealistic transfer amounts..

In the last game i bid like 40mil on a player from a small team, in real life they would ALWAYS accept such an offer because that would be their golden egg transfer, but in fm22 they just rejected and asked 140mil...

I don't remember if it was '21 or '22, but I know I tried one of those games through Samsung Dex (docked mode, makes the phone work like a computer-ish), and it didn't work. The app would not start. You said you might look into it, but no promises given. Fair enough. 

Now that FM Touch is no longer an option for pc's, and FMM growing increasingly complex for every iteration, it would be great (for me!) to be able to play it on a bigger screen. 

So, the question is, did you add Dex support this year? 

3 hours ago, Footix said:

I don't remember if it was '21 or '22, but I know I tried one of those games through Samsung Dex (docked mode, makes the phone work like a computer-ish), and it didn't work. The app would not start. You said you might look into it, but no promises given. Fair enough. 

Now that FM Touch is no longer an option for pc's, and FMM growing increasingly complex for every iteration, it would be great (for me!) to be able to play it on a bigger screen. 

If they haven't added Dex support, it might be worth checking out Vysor (https://www.vysor.io/), which is what I use to play FMM on my PC. It basically casts my phone to my PC (via USB cable), so the game is actually running on my phone, but I'm controlling it using my PC. There are also android phone emulators like Bluestacks and Nox, but last time I tried them, they were much slower than Vysor, which is pretty much the same performance as my phone. But the catch is you'd have to buy the Pro version, the free version would be too low resolution.

Of course having it work properly with Dex would be way better! I haven't tried for a couple of years, but last time I did, it loaded, but I couldn't do anything much after that.

3 hours ago, Footix said:

Bluestacks has worked for me fine for FMM22. It will depend on your PC and you need to follow their instructions to change some settings on your PC to make it work properly, but then its been great, Much much easier than looking at a phone screen.

• 2 months later...