[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

@bennymc to answer your two questions:

1. I've found the issue and fixed that. I'll make sure it's included in a future release.

2. It's strange that it's like that because they are the default Bundesliga panels that come with the game. It'll be in match/match score area panel.xml that you need to play around with things. I'll see if I can replicate it...

1. Nice one! Is it something I can change myself as well? If so, please let me know where to find it

2. Thank you for this, will play around with that now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bennymc said:

1. Nice one! Is it something I can change myself as well? If so, please let me know where to find it

2. Thank you for this, will play around with that now.

I removed the pre match briefing panel from the match folder, if I recall! Not sure if I did anything else, so start there. 

59 minutes ago, bennymc said:

Found another blank section as well, there's no names appearing for "Key People" (Club Info > General)

keypeeps.png.98b1c2b5f62b57543e3b6eb95957608e.png

Yeah - it’s because it’s pulled through on the club profile and the layout is different. My plan, long term is to either skin that out or completely remove that panel from the skin. However, I do, at some point, need to take things from there - like I have icons but not derbies and no media prediction, for example. 

It’s not high on my list to do (playing the game is right now) but will have a think about what I want to do with that but it’s not a panel I really ever look at, personally. 

Le 24/12/2022 à 14:01, _Ben_ a dit :

I removed the pre match briefing panel from the match folder, if I recall! Not sure if I did anything else, so start there. 

i confirm. I removed pre match briefing panel from the match folder, and it works now. thanks.

do you think to put more stats information during match ? players stats from both teams can be useful during match, not only at half time. keep your great work.

20 minutes ago, jim morrow said:

do you think to put more stats information during match ? players stats from both teams can be useful during match, not only at half time. keep your great work.

Personal preference is ‘less is more’ in terms of in-play stuff but I do that out of realism in terms of what a manager would have access to in real life. I know that analysts etc have tablets and stuff but in a LLM player by heart so tend to go by this. However, I know that these are fairly easy to add in - probably starting with Mustermann as ‘most realistic’ of them. 

Decided to quickly knock up a version of this with the default attribute view, as seen here:

dc32405df65232b6f709fd3b86cd8014.png

I don't like it, personally, but I know that many people still play with the default view of attributes. Would this be something that people would want as an alternative skin packaged with the view I normally use?

17 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Really wish I had a bigger monitor to make this skin work.  The bottom always gets cut off.

Is it just the player overview that is like that? My problem is that it’s so hard to test when I can’t mimic another resolution properly. If you could write down a list of panels that don’t work, then I could look at making a lower res version?

EDIT: @keeper#1 I've just used a very clever idea made by @GIMN. Which one looks most like your game?

1360x768

1600x900

I can then start to think whether it's workable at a lower resolution through selector boxes/tabbed stuff and just how much I put into it - changing the club screen etc too.

Edited by _Ben_

10 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Is it just the player overview that is like that? My problem is that it’s so hard to test when I can’t mimic another resolution properly. If you could write down a list of panels that don’t work, then I could look at making a lower res version?

EDIT: @keeper#1 I've just used a very clever idea made by @GIMN. Which one looks most like your game?

1360x768

1600x900

I can then start to think whether it's workable at a lower resolution through selector boxes/tabbed stuff and just how much I put into it - changing the club screen etc too.

1600x900

It's pretty much player profile panel when showing the attributes

With attributes (I believe there's supposed to be another row of attributes below the one shown)

1521991244_StatmanPlayerPanel-Attributes.thumb.png.41fcb6228d37db78b80438e7f108257f.png

Showing Player Form

1949973878_StatmanPlayerPanel-Form.thumb.png.11f92fb99cde99bf5b911204c3c809c6.png

Edited by keeper#1

1 minute ago, keeper#1 said:

That worked.  Thanks!

Can you share a screenshot of the screen please? Plus any other screens (I assume you’re using the newest version) that might need re-working due to size issues. I may, actually, be able to put together a proper low res attempt at it then!

7 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

The polygons get cut off.

That should be a relatively easy workaround. I'll see what I can do. Please continue to share anything else that doesn't look right on that resolution and I will see what I can do in the longer term...

On 30/12/2022 at 15:52, _Ben_ said:

Decided to quickly knock up a version of this with the default attribute view, as seen here:

I don't like it, personally, but I know that many people still play with the default view of attributes. Would this be something that people would want as an alternative skin packaged with the view I normally use?

hi mate can i have the player overview panel please...i like the default view. thank you.

On 30/12/2022 at 15:52, _Ben_ said:

Would love to see and test this alternative version of your skin.

Would you mind share it?

On 06/01/2023 at 21:20, kimmanzambi01 said:

hi mate can i have the player overview panel please...i like the default view. thank you.

10 hours ago, Panças said:

Would love to see and test this alternative version of your skin.

Would you mind share it?

Give me a week or two and I should be able to release an updated normal version, a normal version with original attributes and then both of these in lower res, too. Check back to this thread shortly!

8 hours ago, jamiemcaaa said:

Is there any plans for a between match highlights panel? Similar to Tato or WTCS? 

Perhaps its possible just to copy it over for now?

Nope. The only change I would make is to change the opacity so instead of the panel fading, it stays dark so you can't do both at the same time. My reasoning is that I (personally) don't feel it to be super realistic to have all of that information at your fingertips when playing a match as a manager. You might be able to go and converse with an assistant but you can't do that and watch the game - hence the opaque panel.

An earlier version of this did have the Tato in game highlights panel included because I hadn't quite worked out what I wanted or what I didn't want but this skin has been 99% made by me (I think there are four or five panels/widgets that I have taken from other skins, the rest has been coded from scratch) and I felt that including a whole area stolen from someone else would go against my ideology. That being said, if you wanted to do that - just copy over everything in the Match folder and then have a little check in case there are any files in the Graphics folder relating to the match that Tato of WTCS have included.

Hope that answers your question?

Am 30.12.2022 um 16:52 schrieb _Ben_:

This would be great 🤩

vor 2 Stunden schrieb YOLF:

This would be great 🤩

And if I may allow myself to express a wish right away: please without attribute boxes 🙄😊

5 minutes ago, YOLF said:

And if I may allow myself to express a wish right away: please without attribute boxes 🙄😊

Sorry - it will be with attribute boxes as that is consistent across all the skins. However, I will show you how you can amend that relatively quickly upon release.

Am 9.1.2023 um 22:22 schrieb _Ben_:

Sorry - it will be with attribute boxes as that is consistent across all the skins. However, I will show you how you can amend that relatively quickly upon release.

This would be fantastic! Thx

On 27/10/2022 at 21:45, keysi said:

Hope you don't mind, Ben, but I decided to tweak your statistics boxes for myself (mainly) and use it in my skin. The main point of my edits, if someone is interested, was that I changed the class of the containers to the "main_subtle_box" - mainly to make it fit the overall box and adapted the colours of all the boxes with the stats to the colours I'm using for goalkeeper/defensive/midfield/attacker lines within the tactics screen/tactics pitch and the team stats are made with the primary/secondary colours. I also reordered boxes in terms of team statistics as the first box, physical, defensive, possession and attacking (but that really is a personal taste).

Once again, you did a fantastic work with these stats!

image.thumb.png.9ae5d0ba80bbc90dfc32ab69bc94338f.png

hi mate can you please share this panel. it looks great. thanks.

Hey :)

First of all I want to say that this is really a great skin! I like the variety, the presentation and also the many statistics.
Only one little thing is missing for me:

I play in German and the variables in the attributes are with me in the English order and in English.
Unfortunately, I can not get used to it, because I played 13 years with the German variable. I was told, only the variables must be made available for the respective language.

Can someone tell me how to set this? And please keep up the good work! Is for me this year a skin that makes the difference.

987978729_Screenshot(2329).thumb.png.db2b0b948d180a2540ed7011ac91e9b4.png

20 hours ago, Henk1896 said:

Can someone tell me how to set this? And please keep up the good work! Is for me this year a skin that makes the difference.

Thank you for your kind words.

I can only apologise in saying that the only way for you to do that is to go into the files and change them yourself. When I originally made this part of the skin, I re-wrote the whole panel code from scratch and, because I didn't have the TranslationIDs to hand, omitted them. You can see that each attribute looks like this:

<container class="main_box">
           					<attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="0,-3,-1" />
						<widget class="picture" file="profile/mental"  red_replacement="white" scale_picture="true">
            				<translation id="text" type="use" value="" />
        					</widget>
						<widget class="label" alignment="left,centre_y" colour="white">
              				<translation id="text" type="use" value="Determination" />
        					</widget>
         					<widget class="attribute_label" size="12" alignment="centre_y" colour="bg lighter"  style="bold" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" appearance="profile/paper">
                				<record id="object_property" get_property="Pdet"/>
           					</widget>
						</container>

You'd need to open the file and go through to change each one back to German or find the Translation ID from person properties.xml to add next to to the line of code. If I'd have been moving things from other places, I'd have left them and, if I'd have been making this now, I'd have known to locate them before I wrote it all. However, it's not something I will be going back to amend myself.

Sorry!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb _Ben_:

Thank you for your kind words.

I can only apologise in saying that the only way for you to do that is to go into the files and change them yourself. When I originally made this part of the skin, I re-wrote the whole panel code from scratch and, because I didn't have the TranslationIDs to hand, omitted them. You can see that each attribute looks like this:

<container class="main_box">
           					<attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="0,-3,-1" />
						<widget class="picture" file="profile/mental"  red_replacement="white" scale_picture="true">
            				<translation id="text" type="use" value="" />
        					</widget>
						<widget class="label" alignment="left,centre_y" colour="white">
              				<translation id="text" type="use" value="Determination" />
        					</widget>
         					<widget class="attribute_label" size="12" alignment="centre_y" colour="bg lighter"  style="bold" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" appearance="profile/paper">
                				<record id="object_property" get_property="Pdet"/>
           					</widget>
						</container>

You'd need to open the file and go through to change each one back to German or find the Translation ID from person properties.xml to add next to to the line of code. If I'd have been moving things from other places, I'd have left them and, if I'd have been making this now, I'd have known to locate them before I wrote it all. However, it's not something I will be going back to amend myself.

Sorry!

Thanks for your feedback ;)
I think that I do not even know where to start and it exceeds my knowledge.
I can understand you that you can no longer change / would 

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v1.6 - Updated 16/01/2023

https://www.mediafire.com/file/azq30b889pk0hmu/Statman+v1.6.rar/file

v1.6 Released.

Release Notes:

- Additional info on Player Profile

- Recreated menus on player and club pages

Double club info page with focus on team and then on club

- Manager home page redesign:

KNOWN ISSUE: The profile picture and game info will disappear when you return to the Manager Home page between processing the game. I am not quite sure of why this happens but will try to find a fix.

87935bdb71ef891a200005a88739c228.png

Using this screen on World > Bookmarks allows you to set the Home Page as the landing screen if you want to visit on each break in processing. I recommend it.

- Tactics panel redesigned. 

Will not work at lower resolutions without looking silly. Looking into alternatives for this for future release.

- Use of Champions League in-game panels throughout with fixed issue regarding being unable to see the time.

- There is a lower resolution Player Overview panel in panels/players. Delete Player Overview Panel.xml and remove the 'LOW RES' from the new file. It's a WIP as I still decide on whether I want to create a functioning skin at lower resolutions.

Let me know any issues please!

hey guys, first i wanted to say that this is an excellent skin, it was a really great job. But apparently I'm having some problem. when I download the skin and load the players overview panel they are not the same as the prints on the post's homepage. Could anyone tell what's going on? Could it be my mistake?

image.png

I already managed to solve it, it was just clearing the cache, sorry for my stupidity hahahah

Edited by Matheus.almeida

On 17/01/2023 at 10:41, demonpreacher said:

I hope you don't mind but I've made my own version of this skin (not published, just for me) that removes the attributes for a player, so I can do a proper Moneyball save.

That is fine! 

Version 1.7 will be the most changed yet and I know will split some opinions. I have posted this in my career thread to explain and will leave it here, also probably editing it into the first post when I release this version..

---

The rationale behind this is that I have longed for a different way to display attributes and, in FM18, I loved having the visual bars and FM19 made the attributes transparent on a coloured square. However, it meant that each colour or bar represented a possible four or five attributes and that tracking attribute development was really quite tough, which was a shame as, as you've seen, it's one of my favourite things to do. Earlier this week, a skinner was able to bring back the bars and I have been able to modify them to create ratings that match, aesthetically, my scout reports.

Each player and member of staff has a possible five circles that they can fill and they are coloured based on their value: 1-7 are the background colour (therefore appearing to be transparent, 8-10 are average and light blue, 11 to 15 are good and dark blue and anything over 16 is gold to show that they are, essentially, elite at this part of their game. To then be able to visually track the development, each amount of circle stands for one of two possible attributes, which is ideal to add some ambiguity to the situation but still allow me to, pretty easily, see attribute growth.

• 0.5 circles - 1 or 2
  • 1 circle - 3 or 4
  • 1.5 circles - 5 or 6
  • 2 circless - 7 or 8
  • 2.5 circles - 9 or 10
  • 3 circles - 11 or 12
  • 3.5 circles - 13 or 14
  • 4 circles - 15 or 16
  • 4.5 circles - 17 or 18
  • 5 circles - 19 or 20

951411c4d167fb0e85992cb6d9498443.png

Above is Emre Mor's profile and I can show you a few examples of how this process works.

- Determination. Three full circles means twelve and another half means that has either 13 or 14 for this attribute.

- Jumping. I can see no circles so I can assume that this is below 7, or, in my opinion - poor.

- Technique and Dribbling. They both have the same amount of circles - 4 (so either 15 or 16) but, as Technique is gold, I can ascertain that this value is 16 and Dribbling is 15.

As I've said, it feels, to me, like an aesthetic improvement that doesn't take too much away from the core concept of attributes - meaning that myself, and you, as my readers, don't need to re-learn everything you once knew about the players I post about!

---

Next is how that is visualised on the squad screen, player search screen and, basically anywhere where there isn't enough room to fit five circles in:

5c1800603a375347e9ccc215bb5084f9.png

Obviously the same colouring concept is taken here in terms of background/light blue/blue and gold but the difference here is that there are incremental stages where the circle increases in size to show the increased quality of the attribute. The largest gold circle, as you can see with Boudjemaa - indicates to me that this is an elite level attribute but doesn't give too much away until I actually look at his profile:

735b9aa919ed62e653b50423c96aa0be.png

Four circles is 15 or 16 but this is gold so must be 16.

I can use this to get a really easy oversight (as I'm a visual learner, hence all of the icons on my panels) just by looking at the relative size of these circles.

First off, I want to say thank you so much for this skin! Attributes at the bottom is literally exactly what I've always wanted but never had the skills to do it.

Have you figured out the Champions league time issue? I'm using V1.6 and spent about 3-4h yesterday looking to fix it myself with no luck. Everything else I've managed to tweak to my own preferences apart from this one thing.

1 hour ago, JJJ1303 said:

First off, I want to say thank you so much for this skin! Attributes at the bottom is literally exactly what I've always wanted but never had the skills to do it.

Have you figured out the Champions league time issue? I'm using V1.6 and spent about 3-4h yesterday looking to fix it myself with no luck. Everything else I've managed to tweak to my own preferences apart from this one thing.

Thank you so much. I’ll make sure I’ve covered all panels and get it released. 

Yes - the Champions League issue is fixed. I wanted to have that colour scheme in match for all games (as it matches the rest of the skin and the font) so moved it over. I hadn’t played in the CL before so hadn’t seen the issue. I’ve found the issue in the code and resolved - will also be in v1.7. 

29 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you so much. I’ll make sure I’ve covered all panels and get it released. 

Yes - the Champions League issue is fixed. I wanted to have that colour scheme in match for all games (as it matches the rest of the skin and the font) so moved it over. I hadn’t played in the CL before so hadn’t seen the issue. I’ve found the issue in the code and resolved - will also be in v1.7. 

Awesome, thank you! Spent hours yesterday and today procrastinating from work trying to fix it without success. It does make CL a little bit more special by changing skin though 😅

Edit*

Having said that I have just fixed it. Literally no idea how though. Messed up the Away teams name though...

image.png

Edited by JJJ1303

5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Version 1.7 will be the most changed yet and I know will split some opinions. I have posted this in my career thread to explain and will leave it here, also probably editing it into the first post when I release this version..

---

The rationale behind this is that I have longed for a different way to display attributes and, in FM18, I loved having the visual bars and FM19 made the attributes transparent on a coloured square. However, it meant that each colour or bar represented a possible four or five attributes and that tracking attribute development was really quite tough, which was a shame as, as you've seen, it's one of my favourite things to do. Earlier this week, a skinner was able to bring back the bars and I have been able to modify them to create ratings that match, aesthetically, my scout reports.

Each player and member of staff has a possible five circles that they can fill and they are coloured based on their value: 1-7 are the background colour (therefore appearing to be transparent, 8-10 are average and light blue, 11 to 15 are good and dark blue and anything over 16 is gold to show that they are, essentially, elite at this part of their game. To then be able to visually track the development, each amount of circle stands for one of two possible attributes, which is ideal to add some ambiguity to the situation but still allow me to, pretty easily, see attribute growth.

• 0.5 circles - 1 or 2
  • 1 circle - 3 or 4
  • 1.5 circles - 5 or 6
  • 2 circless - 7 or 8
  • 2.5 circles - 9 or 10
  • 3 circles - 11 or 12
  • 3.5 circles - 13 or 14
  • 4 circles - 15 or 16
  • 4.5 circles - 17 or 18
  • 5 circles - 19 or 20

951411c4d167fb0e85992cb6d9498443.png

Above is Emre Mor's profile and I can show you a few examples of how this process works.

- Determination. Three full circles means twelve and another half means that has either 13 or 14 for this attribute.

- Jumping. I can see no circles so I can assume that this is below 7, or, in my opinion - poor.

- Technique and Dribbling. They both have the same amount of circles - 4 (so either 15 or 16) but, as Technique is gold, I can ascertain that this value is 16 and Dribbling is 15.

As I've said, it feels, to me, like an aesthetic improvement that doesn't take too much away from the core concept of attributes - meaning that myself, and you, as my readers, don't need to re-learn everything you once knew about the players I post about!

---

Next is how that is visualised on the squad screen, player search screen and, basically anywhere where there isn't enough room to fit five circles in:

5c1800603a375347e9ccc215bb5084f9.png

Obviously the same colouring concept is taken here in terms of background/light blue/blue and gold but the difference here is that there are incremental stages where the circle increases in size to show the increased quality of the attribute. The largest gold circle, as you can see with Boudjemaa - indicates to me that this is an elite level attribute but doesn't give too much away until I actually look at his profile:

735b9aa919ed62e653b50423c96aa0be.png

Four circles is 15 or 16 but this is gold so must be 16.

I can use this to get a really easy oversight (as I'm a visual learner, hence all of the icons on my panels) just by looking at the relative size of these circles.

Awesome work, Ben! Can't wait to try it!

Are you going to launch it with versions for smaller resolutions?

7 hours ago, lukavski said:

Awesome work, Ben! Can't wait to try it!

Are you going to launch it with versions for smaller resolutions?

To be fair - it's low priority but I may get a player profile and tactic screen with lower resolution, yes. Most other panels work ok!

9 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

Awesome, thank you! Spent hours yesterday and today procrastinating from work trying to fix it without success. It does make CL a little bit more special by changing skin though 😅

Edit*

Having said that I have just fixed it. Literally no idea how though. Messed up the Away teams name though...

image.png

True. However, there are no logos - just the blue colour with the league logo you're in. I felt that the colour match was too much to turn down. As for your fix - I can help you rather than waiting. Pop it in panels/match

match score area panel.xml

Another day, another area to change. Tonight, I've finally taken the leap to redevelop the player popup as I had originally wanted. The rationale is that it's a link to the main page.

bd92b69101834be7d676b23695f78069.png

Basic info is available here, enticing me to click onto the player profile to find out more. This will definitely be in v1.7 as may a staff version be, as I've never touched that...

Now human and staff popup panels:

fb5c372bb40046411b413832226acc71.png

92bff0bb3828d400fa752ff8cc8a00ea.png

b35f8a7b9ec5c1c1d94634769e075d9e.png

Same idea - they are vague in terms of info offered and are there to provide the basics before looking at the full profile.

Overall, the human/staff profiles are in need of quite significant reworking, maybe at some point during this skinning phase I'm going through...

In my most productive skinning day, ever, I've realised that instead of just using "cyan" for all of the colours, I can use "statman" and then define it elsewhere. Enter skin colour picker!

d36bd55ef8e77529893c79761e20a80d.png

e26927f65068aa0fae2847fdc5e4c129.png

e86783db2437ee97cd2f09958207ef28.png

679eb87bcb6cdec80b824f6cf6582901.png

7ba18fae9c56453753d25132acdd6ac8.png

450860c949075600d145cb8f4b7e71bb.png

---

I'm personally likely to stick with cyan or use orange or gold as they contrast nicely. I just need to see if there are any cyan things not defined by me that won't have swapped colour name. If there isn't - here's another thing to add to the next release!

For all of you playing on 1600x900, we are nearly there...

79f0f46b8d0ab1d1b0f19d462226b76e.png

It's actually been a useful exercise to help me clear up old stuff and demonstrate what I've learnt since making it the first time round. Credit to @GIMN for the idea to set my desktop wallpaper at a size of that resolution to test things myself!

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v2.0 - Updated 21/01/2023

Version 2 is now out!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/86892rtztp2vy3q/The+Statman+Skin.rar/file

I've tidied loads of stuff up and added a lower resolution version to this, suitable for screen resolutions of 1600x900. Lots more info in the first post and those playing on higher resolutions that want more than 85% zoom  

Again - not been able to change anything in terms of translations but that is unlikely to ever happen. All feedback is welcome!

Edited by _Ben_

Hi Ben,

Absolutely brilliant work on the skin, love it. I see the post above about the CL issue, I still have the issue with the latest skin where I have a CL matchday scoreboard no matter what competition (see photo). Any ideas how to fix this?

image.thumb.png.c4e6fa8cf0013317374ae88f48293044.png

4 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Hi Ben,

Absolutely brilliant work on the skin, love it. I see the post above about the CL issue, I still have the issue with the latest skin where I have a CL matchday scoreboard no matter what competition (see photo). Any ideas how to fix this?

image.thumb.png.c4e6fa8cf0013317374ae88f48293044.png

That addressed the issue with the time not being seen. This is, actually, by design as I liked the colour scheme but can see that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I might try and use the colours to develop my own in a future update. 

EDIT: I've removed the CL logo for non-CL games:

006ab11b32926cfd409e77bae2830eef.png

Will make amends to this over the coming weeks I think.

Edited by _Ben_

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

For all of you playing on 1600x900, we are nearly there...

79f0f46b8d0ab1d1b0f19d462226b76e.png

It's actually been a useful exercise to help me clear up old stuff and demonstrate what I've learnt since making it the first time round. Credit to @GIMN for the idea to set my desktop wallpaper at a size of that resolution to test things myself!

Ha, i like.

FME put me onto Sizer personally

@_Ben_
god job and big quantuty new ideas. I borrowed an additional container for the team squad file and I want to note that in the "Statman 1920x1080" skin, this container does not fit into the screen with a width of 1920px. for my I had to refine it

Spoiler

1639020616_2023-01-2212_52_17-Window.thumb.png.0bd7e4566a27b1f5ba0dd92bebfc25de.png288853064_2023-01-2212_51_11-Window.thumb.png.8b2ee647abdd4f42c1150b7cb79ab17f.png

I removed the text description and added it as a hint to the icon properties

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Does the skin works well for 1920x1080?

Yes. I play in windowed mode with that resolution, on 85% zoom and icons sidebar. If you wanted more zoom or labelled panels on the sidebar, maybe try the lower res one - it changes the player overview and tactics screen to fit. Everything else, to my knowledge, fits nicely!