[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

Il y a 12 heures, bennymc a dit :

Editing skins is complicated, friend, it's not as simple as changing one setting, so you'll have to experiment. Everyone here is very helpful when you have a specific question about a particular panel etc .

Mais bonne chance, on peut le faire.

I do it, that's not the problem, the problem is why remove the translations! Only people who speak English will use it and not French speakers, even though the French community is huge. Moreover when we modify the skin, we can't do like the others, modify it directly and it's displayed, we have to reload each time, it's a shame !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

I do it, that's not the problem, the problem is why remove the translations! Only people who speak English will use it and not French speakers, even though the French community is huge. Moreover when we modify the skin, we can't do like the others, modify it directly and it's displayed, we have to reload each time, it's a shame !

Tbh, I didn't understand the important until I was a few years into skinning.

Plus a lot of stuff just doesn't have translation lines, such as Pro Cons.

I do agree with you though.

6 hours ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

Touché, I misunderstood!

7 hours ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

I had never intended on releasing my work, so just removed things like that! Also, I’ve changed the phrasing for some of the stuff so felt that it’d be easier. Like @bluestillidie00, if I’d have known earlier into my creation, I would have left it…

@NeoChroMe_LTD and @JohnWarrington - it's really nice to see my own work is being moulded into people's personal skins, like I did for years with Rensie, TCS and Tato!

---

In terms of my own work for release, I've hit a stumbling block, which is still making the attributes panel disappear over time. However, whilst I was doing that, I managed to use the work of @FMStag and @wkdsoul to deepen the statistical comparisons, as you can see here:

f432b02dc72a85f8af9db46662e07197.png

4e9b25d9d4fe9ec861736134a008e3a7.png

There won't be another release, probably, until I can fix the attribute issue but I'm quite happy with how this now looks.

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

@NeoChroMe_LTD and @JohnWarrington - it's really nice to see my own work is being moulded into people's personal skins, like I did for years with Rensie, TCS and Tato!

---

In terms of my own work for release, I've hit a stumbling block, which is still making the attributes panel disappear over time. However, whilst I was doing that, I managed to use the work of @FMStag and @wkdsoul to deepen the statistical comparisons, as you can see here:

f432b02dc72a85f8af9db46662e07197.png

4e9b25d9d4fe9ec861736134a008e3a7.png

There won't be another release, probably, until I can fix the attribute issue but I'm quite happy with how this now looks.

Outstanding, i couldnt get it to work in the panel i wanted but love this

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] [WIP] Statman v1.41 - Updated 05/12/22

Great work by you all involved in this statistic tab. I tweaked it for my skin just to use the stats as simple tables withou polygons as 1) I don't have enough width for everything and 2) I have polygons elsewehere in the profile.

I adapted it for player overview main tab, player overview big selector, player pop up selector and for player profile selectors. I only played with some width values, names of tabs, colours etc. Thank you again for the hard work.

image.thumb.png.9ce1ae982edd615b4c7e2c0e2efb8ed3.pngimage.thumb.png.2442869952906e517a2dccba563a26ac.pngimage.thumb.png.8873d3cb766926253d2d5a365400579a.png

image.png.8b8555b8c0cf0dba174144603e47702a.png

40 minutes ago, keysi said:

Great work by you all involved in this statistic tab. I tweaked it for my skin just to use the stats as simple tables withou polygons as 1) I don't have enough width for everything and 2) I have polygons elsewehere in the profile.

I adapted it for player overview main tab, player overview big selector, player pop up selector and for player profile selectors. I only played with some width values, names of tabs, colours etc. Thank you again for the hard work.

image.thumb.png.9ce1ae982edd615b4c7e2c0e2efb8ed3.pngimage.thumb.png.2442869952906e517a2dccba563a26ac.pngimage.thumb.png.8873d3cb766926253d2d5a365400579a.png

Was that just a case of removing the polygon widgets from the xml because, much like you, I don't have the width wo see it all, but I really like the comparison with other leagues.

@_Ben_, I'm curious, how did you get the stats for the "Big 5" and is it possible to change the leagues in question?

4 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Was that just a case of removing the polygon widgets from the xml because, much like you, I don't have the width wo see it all, but I really like the comparison with other leagues.

@_Ben_, I'm curious, how did you get the stats for the "Big 5" and is it possible to change the leagues in question?

Yes, I just commented out the left part with polygons and adapted the rest for all mentioned screens.

And the stats are based on this blog post - https://fmstag.com/statistics-what-does-good-look-like-in-fm23/

1 minute ago, keysi said:

Yes, I just commented out the left part with polygons and adapted the rest for all mentioned screens.

And the stats are based on this blog post - https://fmstag.com/statistics-what-does-good-look-like-in-fm23/

Thanks, I will take a look and see if I can replicate what you have done with the stats part.

42 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Thanks, I will take a look and see if I can replicate what you have done with the stats part.

I edited it like this for player/profile/player comparison.xml. Just only the tabs/stats remained here and I changed the container class to tabbed_container.

player comparison.xml

The other files are very similar but I edited and saved the separate file for player overview/selector/profile/popup as there are always different width. Plus, I edited the height of the rows for every single stat (GK, DM etc.) and saved it as new files for the smaller selector.

3 hours ago, keysi said:

image.thumb.png.2442869952906e517a2dccba563a26ac.png

i must say that i like this alot, the big 5 comparison looks sweet.

4 horas atrás, keysi disse:

Just gotta say that this is amazing. I'd even pay money for that! :lol:

Great work.

3 hours ago, keysi said:

I edited it like this for player/profile/player comparison.xml. Just only the tabs/stats remained here and I changed the container class to tabbed_container.

player comparison.xml 2.68 kB · 10 downloads

The other files are very similar but I edited and saved the separate file for player overview/selector/profile/popup as there are always different width. Plus, I edited the height of the rows for every single stat (GK, DM etc.) and saved it as new files for the smaller selector.

Is this what you commented out of the other files?

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="vis3" visualisation_type="polygon" data_type="player" category="11" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini" hidden="false">
<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
<record id="object_property" get_property="PclC" set_property="comp" />
</widget>

Ignore that, I've sorted it now. Thanks for your help.

Edited by EnigMattic1
Sorted it.

2 hours ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

Please stop deleting the translations in French PLEASE !! Thanks You 

It's getting too difficult for the translations, I give up!

I cannot speak French and am not prepared to go through Google translate to find the translations - which may or may not be correct - for something I want to word differently to how it is done by default in game. I'm surprised that this is such a big issue for you to understand.

6 hours ago, keysi said:

It's a pleasure for me to see a skinner as experienced and popular as you using work made by me! Looks great.

4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

It's a pleasure for me to see a skinner as experienced and popular as you using work made by me! Looks great.

To be fair mate, it says a lot for your own abilities as a skinner to have others want to use elements of your work in their skins. You have pretty much taken skinning to a different level with some of your ideas this year. :applause:

Edited by EnigMattic1

Hi Ben,

First of all, amazing work. Really love the esthetics of the skin, as well how everything is placed. :applause:
Sadly I do not get the full experience of the skin, because of the resolution of my screen is lower - I have added a screenshot to show.

Is there anything I can do to get the complete experience of your LOVELY skin?

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 21.00.51.png

30 minutes ago, Postduif said:

Hi Ben,

First of all, amazing work. Really love the esthetics of the skin, as well how everything is placed. :applause:
Sadly I do not get the full experience of the skin, because of the resolution of my screen is lower - I have added a screenshot to show.

Is there anything I can do to get the complete experience of your LOVELY skin?

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 21.00.51.png

Thank you!

It’s something I’ve been looking at and working out how others do. I’ve seen that @GIMN is making a low-res version of his skin but I had hoped that I’d just be able to hide panels depending on the resolution but that’s not actually worked at all. It’s so hard for me to test as my screen is the size my screen is! 

I think that anything like this is a long term fix or adaptation, unfortunately. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you!

It’s something I’ve been looking at and working out how others do. I’ve seen that @GIMN is making a low-res version of his skin but I had hoped that I’d just be able to hide panels depending on the resolution but that’s not actually worked at all. It’s so hard for me to test as my screen is the size my screen is! 

I think that anything like this is a long term fix or adaptation, unfortunately. Sorry. 

That's a bummer, but completely understandable. I'll keep following this topic for new updates and keep my fingers crossed for one fitting for my resolution.
Keep up the awesome work! 

EDIT: For what it is worth, I have found out that if I zoom out to 95% or even 85% things get better visible. 

I think that 75-80% is perfect for my resolution. I have added screenshots of both. 

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 22.56.33.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 22.57.13.png

Edited by Postduif

With a screen resolution of 3440x1440, the text is out of place and to the right of the gap in this version. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

EDIT: If I play in windowed mode instead of full screen I can set it to fit. I usually watch something at the same time as I play anyway, so it's not a big problem. 

image.thumb.png.5e7e12f486e7a435a8e3d50857abc809.png

Edited by Darien

5 hours ago, Postduif said:

That's a bummer, but completely understandable. I'll keep following this topic for new updates and keep my fingers crossed for one fitting for my resolution.
Keep up the awesome work! 

EDIT: For what it is worth, I have found out that if I zoom out to 95% or even 85% things get better visible. 

I think that 75-80% is perfect for my resolution. I have added screenshots of both. 

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 22.56.33.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-05 om 22.57.13.png

when you right click on your desktop, and look at scale settings, is your scale and layout at 100%?

If not, try lowering it to that and see what happens.

Jellico

6 hours ago, snowofman said:

Hey Ben

Can i use the panel above ?

I wanna ask for your permission to use it as i like it alot, sadly i don't have room for it all, but i would be able to adjust it to my needs.

Go for it! It’s one of my favourite panels and love to see it used elsewhere, with different ideas driving it. 

Hi Ben!

This looks great - I have never used a different skin before so I want to give this one a try.

I have tried downloading using the link however it will not show up in the game. I have downloaded another one to try and that works fine.

Your file downloads as a .rar file and the other as a .fmf. Any ideas?

Cheers

43 minutes ago, rudd.simon said:

Hi Ben!

This looks great - I have never used a different skin before so I want to give this one a try.

I have tried downloading using the link however it will not show up in the game. I have downloaded another one to try and that works fine.

Your file downloads as a .rar file and the other as a .fmf. Any ideas?

Cheers

you need to use a program such as 7zip to extract it. There's a guide in this video

Il y a 20 heures, _Ben_ a dit :

I cannot speak French and am not prepared to go through Google translate to find the translations - which may or may not be correct - for something I want to word differently to how it is done by default in game. I'm surprised that this is such a big issue for you to understand.

• Just leave the translation number

<translation id="??"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />

Or you do and put the one you want underneath, a copy and paste won't waste your time.

<--<translation id="5578921"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />-->

<translation id="text"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />

Edited by NeoChroMe_LTD

It's his skin and he is doing it mainly for himself. You should be grateful he decided to make it available for download and you're able to use his great work and great ideas. He, the same as all other skin makers, is not your personal skin creator who will do everything that you want to edit.

Try thinking before writing. But that would be too easy, hm?

19 hours ago, snowofman said:

Hey Ben

Can i use the panel above ?

I wanna ask for your permission to use it as i like it alot, sadly i don't have room for it all, but i would be able to adjust it to my needs.

What panel would this be? Love to add it to the base skin replacing the season stats at the bottom ?

3 hours ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:
  • Just leave the translation number

<translation id="??"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />

Or you do and put the one you want underneath, a copy and paste won't waste your time.

<--<translation id="5578921"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />-->

<translation id="text"  type="use" value="Passes Progressives Réussies" />

pretty much what keysi said. While i admit it's frustrating for non-english users, Ben is under no obligation to provide translation support, same as support for resolutions. 

We're losing more and more skinners every year because of these attitudes. 

Il y a 2 heures, keysi a dit :

It's his skin and he is doing it mainly for himself. You should be grateful he decided to make it available for download and you're able to use his great work and great ideas. He, the same as all other skin makers, is not your personal skin creator who will do everything that you want to edit.

Try thinking before writing. But that would be too easy, hm?

All the other skins are in French and in all languages, if I ask for it to be in French it's because I admire his work, so your morals you're nice but you keep it boy! If you were French, you would have the same reaction as me !

il y a 45 minutes, bluestillidie00 a dit :

pretty much what keysi said. While i admit it's frustrating for non-english users, Ben is under no obligation to provide translation support, same as support for resolutions. 

We're losing more and more skinners every year because of these attitudes. 

For the translation, just don't delete the "Translation" I redid the modifications myself and there is no need to simply delete and the creator will be able to have his skin tested by French speakers. Many people and youtuber asked me for the skin. To him of his interest. But I would make a post of the skin mentioning of course the creator but translated by myself.

2 minutes ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

For the translation, just don't delete the "Translation" I redid the modifications myself and there is no need to simply delete and the creator will be able to have his skin tested by French speakers. Many people and youtuber asked me for the skin. To him of his interest. But I would make a post of the skin mentioning of course the creator but translated by myself.

but it's not the same when he has to go and add everything back in. Like i said he's under no obligations to even release the skin, let alone devote time to this. He's given you his answer, leave it now, I don't wanna see anymore posts about it. 

4 minutes ago, NeoChroMe_LTD said:

There is a reason to delete it, if the line is too long for the space the creator is trying to place it in..

there is a very simple solution for this.. you learn how to do tasks like this and do it with a smile and just be happy that Ben has shared his work.

On 05/12/2022 at 18:05, EnigMattic1 said:

Is this what you commented out of the other files?

<widget class="data_analyst_visualisation_widget" id="vis3" visualisation_type="polygon" data_type="player" category="11" file="widgets/data analyst visualisation mini" hidden="false">
<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
<record id="object_property" get_property="PclC" set_property="comp" />
</widget>

Ignore that, I've sorted it now. Thanks for your help.

On 05/12/2022 at 13:25, keysi said:

You are a genius! 

I am completely new to this and have no idea how you've done it! But fair play.

if possible i would love assistance. 🤣

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

There is a reason to delete it, if the line is too long for the space the creator is trying to place it in..

there is a very simple solution for this.. you learn how to do tasks like this and do it with a smile and just be happy that Ben has shared his work.

Thanks for the kind and reassuring words @keysi, @bluestillidie00 and @snowofman . Happy to be proven wrong on this one but I remove the translation ID if I want to change what is displayed - if I wanted to show ‘stats per 90’ instead of ‘form,’ it wouldn’t work with the ID in place? That’s what I’ve been going off and will explain why so many are missing. 

6 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks for the kind and reassuring words @keysi, @bluestillidie00 and @snowofman . Happy to be proven wrong on this one but I remove the translation ID if I want to change what is displayed - if I wanted to show ‘stats per 90’ instead of ‘form,’ it wouldn’t work with the ID in place? That’s what I’ve been going off and will explain why so many are missing. 

Yeah you're correct, he's saying leave the default translation_id but comment it out, which seems like a fair compromise to me, however as I said you're under no obligation so it's up to you. 

It's like someone getting moany about the way I organise my skin files, cool.

I'm talking about this because I put back all the translation ids and it doesn't change much, contrary to what people say, this is not a criticism, it's a simple set-up for the skin to be open that this either to the French speaker or to everyone. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. But like some want to play the vigilante but do not understand anything. I'll take a screen later and you'll see that I simply translated what's noted. after you decide to do it it's cool, if you don't want it doesn't matter, the skin will be reserved for English people.

Il y a 14 heures, NeoChroMe_LTD a dit :

All the other skins are in French and in all languages, if I ask for it to be in French it's because I admire his work, so your morals you're nice but you keep it boy! If you were French, you would have the same reaction as me !

First of all, don't speak for French in general cause you don't know the thought of others. And mate you're wrong. I'm French, I did skin since last year and @_Ben_ do it right. When you develop your panel sometimes the text take too much place on your desire. And sincerely French trad are often longer than English one. And don't forget it's not because the majority do a thing, that all have to do it.  

I have personally delete some trad id to fix the text in French like I want. Sorry for others but not sorry.

@keysiand @bluestillidie00 doesn't gave you a free morale speech. Skinning it's personal and you should be happy that skinner share their work. We support lots of harassment from some people who want this or that but dude I do what I want, you're not happy do it.

hace 20 minutos, MattyLewis11 dijo:

Did you find out if this can be sorted manually, or is it simply playing with a smaller window? 

No,only playing a smaller window 😞