[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Hi, thank you so much for your work.

I would like to ask how do I change the transparency to be able to see my backgrounds ?

Thanks

There are lots of ‘contrast’ panels, which means the backgrounds are a set colour and that it’s not really designed for background images. Sorry!

2 hours ago, JJJ1303 said:

Just want to come back and say loving the new update. I didn't think I'd like the circles but it's actually quite intuitive. Even though I'm on 1920x1080 1600x900 feels more intuitive to me so I appreciate that as well!

Thanks! I loved the bars back in the day so this felt like a natural progression and I’m happy with what it’s done for me, even though I’m spending more time skinning than playing at the moment.

I quite like how I’ve tabbed the top part of the lower resolution skin actually and may look to incorporate that into the larger res too. I’m just lost in the popup panel at the moment and have some big ideas!

Dear Ben,

I am not an native english speaker so please excuse my language here :)

Thank you for creating such an amazingly unique skin! Love all the stats presented with the skin. I have one issue though: the label of the stats are text in english, instead of a string of text that can be automatcally translated by the game. Is is possible to change the label into something that can be changed when a language different from english is selected? thank you!

5 hours ago, endlessthunder said:

Dear Ben,

I am not an native english speaker so please excuse my language here :)

Thank you for creating such an amazingly unique skin! Love all the stats presented with the skin. I have one issue though: the label of the stats are text in english, instead of a string of text that can be automatcally translated by the game. Is is possible to change the label into something that can be changed when a language different from english is selected? thank you!

I've written this a few times in this thread and, unfortunately, I removed them when making the initial panels, not knowing what they actually did. There is so much to go back and change that I doubt it'd get done now. Sorry.

The create new tactics button is greyed out so I can only have one tactic at a time. 

Absolutely love everything else about the skin, and the dots are actually growing on me. But is there a way to edit it in the xml files to have the number attributes show again if I wanted to?

Great work!

3 hours ago, vbark14 said:

The create new tactics button is greyed out so I can only have one tactic at a time. 

Interesting! Not replicated by me though, but that is maybe because I had three tactics before I created that. Please can you do me a favour - change the skin to something else, set three tactics and return to this skin. Does it show up then?

3 hours ago, vbark14 said:

Absolutely love everything else about the skin, and the dots are actually growing on me. But is there a way to edit it in the xml files to have the number attributes show again if I wanted to?

Yes. In person properties.xml - find and replace all the "attribute_circles" with "attribute_label"

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Interesting! Not replicated by me though, but that is maybe because I had three tactics before I created that. Please can you do me a favour - change the skin to something else, set three tactics and return to this skin. Does it show up then?

This was the issue that I was referring to when you were helping me with the tactics panel. If I want more than 1 tactic, I need to switch to a different skin, select the other tactics and then switch back. Once I have done that, all 3 slots are filled and clickable. However, the second a tactic is removed, one of the slots becomes unavailable.

I don't know if it helps, but this is the code from tactic slot tab container picker:

<!--starting tactic clot button-->
  <widget class="tactic_slot_button" file="tactics/tactic slot button picker" id="tsb0" tactics_slot="0" auto_size="horizontal" >

</widget>

<!--match prep slot 1-->
  <widget class="tactic_slot_button" file="tactics/tactic slot button picker" id="tsb1" tactics_slot="1" auto_size="horizontal">

</widget>

<!--match prep slot 2-->
  <widget class="tactic_slot_button" file="tactics/tactic slot button picker" id="tsb2" tactics_slot="2" auto_size="horizontal">

</widget>

Edited by EnigMattic1

I've been looking for the perfect skin for a long time, and this is about as close to it (The data analysis tabs on the player profiles are just perfect).

There is just one thing I personally and pray - is there an "Instant Result" button?

If there isn't, is there any way a non skinner can add it in?

Your work here is amazing @_Ben_

22 minutes ago, Gdawg69 said:

I've been looking for the perfect skin for a long time, and this is about as close to it (The data analysis tabs on the player profiles are just perfect).

There is just one thing I personally and pray - is there an "Instant Result" button?

If there isn't, is there any way a non skinner can add it in?

Your work here is amazing @_Ben_

Yes - it’s in there! Thanks for the kind words!

9 minutes ago, Gdawg69 said:

Amazing!

For some reason it's not coming up in-game. 
Is there something I would need to do to enable it?
I''m in love with the player profile page!

I did have an issue with it at one point actually…

1) which skin? High res or lower res?

2) did you delete any older versions of the skin before moving over?

3) did you restart the game?

I will upload the version I used last time I was in game if I can’t ascertain what from this!

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I did have an issue with it at one point actually…

1) which skin? High res or lower res?

2) did you delete any older versions of the skin before moving over?

3) did you restart the game?

I will upload the version I used last time I was in game if I can’t ascertain what from this!

Sorry I was out.

I've used the Latest skin (didn't have it uploaded before as this is the first i've come across it.
I'm using the 1920 x 1080 version.
Both are in the folder, but that's the one i've loaded.

Yes I restarted game also just in case.

Thanks for responding.

4 hours ago, Gdawg69 said:

Sorry I was out.

I've used the Latest skin (didn't have it uploaded before as this is the first i've come across it.
I'm using the 1920 x 1080 version.
Both are in the folder, but that's the one i've loaded.

Yes I restarted game also just in case.

Thanks for responding.

Wonderful - confirms it's an issue on my end. Will get an updated version out in the next couple of days.

Lots of nice new things coming to v2.1 at some point in the next few days:

1. New player popup with customisable displays and an IQ bar (anticipation, concentration and decisions).

6508442330c41056b4ec9bf8d8a85e32.png

a48a04598087b8deafa89cf000488087.png

---

2. Re-worked attribute panel with selectable 'DNA/Core skills' area.

827ce68f06e3d89dda0b51d8fbe0c60d.png

3cd633aec59cfd6591a8713c924b4953.png

---

3. Staff popup panels re-worked

b2a5aff8d3ff4a26950a7d9e498dba26.png

c6704ab61715c2080401b5e4ea0dd40a.png

---

4. Reworked staff profile with particular emphasis on aligning theme with player profile and displaying attributes in more efficient way.

0919f2fb3841f185a64a0eab44f0799a.png

---

Will be packing this up and updating at some point in the next few days! 

On 29/01/2023 at 14:04, _Ben_ said:

Lots of nice new things coming to v2.1 at some point in the next few days:

1. New player popup with customisable displays and an IQ bar (anticipation, concentration and decisions).

6508442330c41056b4ec9bf8d8a85e32.png

a48a04598087b8deafa89cf000488087.png

---

2. Re-worked attribute panel with selectable 'DNA/Core skills' area.

827ce68f06e3d89dda0b51d8fbe0c60d.png

3cd633aec59cfd6591a8713c924b4953.png

---

3. Staff popup panels re-worked

b2a5aff8d3ff4a26950a7d9e498dba26.png

c6704ab61715c2080401b5e4ea0dd40a.png

---

4. Reworked staff profile with particular emphasis on aligning theme with player profile and displaying attributes in more efficient way.

0919f2fb3841f185a64a0eab44f0799a.png

---

Will be packing this up and updating at some point in the next few days! 

Great work, Ben ;)

5 hours ago, keysi said:

Great work, Ben ;)

Thanks Keysi! How is your skin progressing? I know you're not releasing this year, which has obviously limited my exposure to what I see of it, but you've always been able to sneak in some really cool stuff. Anything in particular you've done this year that you like?

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks Keysi! How is your skin progressing? I know you're not releasing this year, which has obviously limited my exposure to what I see of it, but you've always been able to sneak in some really cool stuff. Anything in particular you've done this year that you like?

I'm currently in the phase when I'm doing almost nothing regarding the skin. I made a lot of things during December but I don't think I will make something major until the end of FM23 cycle. 

I spent a lot of time with adapting the FMStag stats to show them properly in all player overview/player attributes screen and also in the player popup. One of my favourite things is I edited the home screen selectors so I can see the General Perfromance Data but also attacking/defensive and other things like Goals Scored and Conceded including assists etc. 

image.thumb.png.8e8791f794dcfc5109ac8985cf84f7f6.png image.thumb.png.868d7d4af1f5516258781145f900e13f.png

Overall, I like I combined the player personal details icons and info in across player overview/attributes/popup so it looks very similar and it has its own style. That means it can make it easier to navigate your eyes when you swap between these screens. I like I edited the popup for both player and staff so it looks more or less similar or in a very similar style. 

image.thumb.png.7e399da6d1b20b3b0569e4050550fd33.png image.thumb.png.d06da5d0aad653118b2402e71d9e6bb6.png image.png.e1c107a9c6067a89c247ec41a24b0fe8.png

Another thing I like is for example that I merged Passing Network and Heat Map widgets so I can have both of them in a single selector during the match. There are many small things I enjoyed editing and experimenting with - most of them are connected to colours in the settings.xml like changing colours for specific training sessions/category to match it with the colours of position/roles within the tactics pitch and many many more. 

I for example edited the Player Development screen and added some similar tabs like in the player overview to have more data here. I reported a couple of times this screen in the past and in this version too that the Coach Report tab shows nothing in the default skin as there is a wrong widget or ID, maybe they will edit in the future but no matter if they will, the screen offers enough space to show much more than just attributes and coach report. 

So I made this. 

56677767_pdevgif.thumb.gif.a54871d97d10caf479d515e31c32f970.gif

I even had to start writing the changelog for myself to remember everything, there are many small things as I said. I don't know if I will release some skin in the future but let me know and I will provide you a link to download it if you will want to check something. 

I think the main change this year is that I'm making mainly small things that I consider useful for myself instead of making changes because someone will like it. 

Looks lovely @keysi! Really appreciate the ideology of making changes for yourself. It's been the first year that I've ever released anything and I've spent a lot of time perfecting things that, in reality, would've passed for my own personal use. However, I know that your post is now going to be encouraging people to ask for a download - so sorry for that!

On 30/12/2022 at 16:52, _Ben_ said:

Decided to quickly knock up a version of this with the default attribute view, as seen here:

dc32405df65232b6f709fd3b86cd8014.png

I don't like it, personally, but I know that many people still play with the default view of attributes. Would this be something that people would want as an alternative skin packaged with the view I normally use?

I would very much like to have it like this traditionally. The skin is great, I like the visuals, the font, colours, everything. I just don't get myself much around this new ratings instead of attributes. Maybe a short instructions on how to implement it yourself could be useful if not version with attributes instead ?

1 hour ago, Koki Balboa said:

I would very much like to have it like this traditionally. The skin is great, I like the visuals, the font, colours, everything. I just don't get myself much around this new ratings instead of attributes. Maybe a short instructions on how to implement it yourself could be useful if not version with attributes instead ?

It's not that easy, to be fair. However, I was able to revert to this quite easily.

eb4bc4ec663e67a8d90b5946a8ee394b.png

In player/Tabbed/main/attributes, drop these two files - over writing what was already there.

That should get you started. There's a lot more to it - changing the classes of all of this etc but you'll get pretty much all you need on that one page then.

player attributes panel.xml player stats.xml

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

It's not that easy, to be fair. However, I was able to revert to this quite easily.

eb4bc4ec663e67a8d90b5946a8ee394b.png

In player/Tabbed/main/attributes, drop these two files - over writing what was already there.

That should get you started. There's a lot more to it - changing the classes of all of this etc but you'll get pretty much all you need on that one page then.

player attributes panel.xml 5.32 kB · 1 download player stats.xml 2.95 kB · 1 download

Thank you very much 🙏. Everything looks decent enough now on my side. Thank you for the effort and quick solution.

11 hours ago, keysi said:

I'm currently in the phase when I'm doing almost nothing regarding the skin. I made a lot of things during December but I don't think I will make something major until the end of FM23 cycle. 

I spent a lot of time with adapting the FMStag stats to show them properly in all player overview/player attributes screen and also in the player popup. One of my favourite things is I edited the home screen selectors so I can see the General Perfromance Data but also attacking/defensive and other things like Goals Scored and Conceded including assists etc. 

image.thumb.png.8e8791f794dcfc5109ac8985cf84f7f6.png image.thumb.png.868d7d4af1f5516258781145f900e13f.png

Overall, I like I combined the player personal details icons and info in across player overview/attributes/popup so it looks very similar and it has its own style. That means it can make it easier to navigate your eyes when you swap between these screens. I like I edited the popup for both player and staff so it looks more or less similar or in a very similar style. 

image.thumb.png.7e399da6d1b20b3b0569e4050550fd33.png image.thumb.png.d06da5d0aad653118b2402e71d9e6bb6.png image.png.e1c107a9c6067a89c247ec41a24b0fe8.png

Another thing I like is for example that I merged Passing Network and Heat Map widgets so I can have both of them in a single selector during the match. There are many small things I enjoyed editing and experimenting with - most of them are connected to colours in the settings.xml like changing colours for specific training sessions/category to match it with the colours of position/roles within the tactics pitch and many many more. 

I for example edited the Player Development screen and added some similar tabs like in the player overview to have more data here. I reported a couple of times this screen in the past and in this version too that the Coach Report tab shows nothing in the default skin as there is a wrong widget or ID, maybe they will edit in the future but no matter if they will, the screen offers enough space to show much more than just attributes and coach report. 

So I made this. 

56677767_pdevgif.thumb.gif.a54871d97d10caf479d515e31c32f970.gif

I even had to start writing the changelog for myself to remember everything, there are many small things as I said. I don't know if I will release some skin in the future but let me know and I will provide you a link to download it if you will want to check something. 

I think the main change this year is that I'm making mainly small things that I consider useful for myself instead of making changes because someone will like it. 

this looks great could i ask what text font your using?

12 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Looks lovely @keysi! Really appreciate the ideology of making changes for yourself. It's been the first year that I've ever released anything and I've spent a lot of time perfecting things that, in reality, would've passed for my own personal use. However, I know that your post is now going to be encouraging people to ask for a download - so sorry for that!

Haha, don't worry, I'm used to it :)  I think it's the best way to make it mainly for myself. I know I spent too much time with the requests in the past and with too many things that I didn't even use, like the instant result, in-match instant result and other similar useless things. I shared the FM23 version with some people but it's up to 30 people. I know many of them would like to change something but only a few of them asked about some changes so it's a nice change in comparison with the past. It also allowed me to make the version with the stars instead of attributes for some friends. 

But overall, there's no inner pressure in my head to make something new. When I want to change or try something, I will just do it when I will have time. I should do this earlier...

7 hours ago, 01revenge said:

this looks great could i ask what text font your using?

It's Source San Pro, free from the Google font library. 

Another new thing for v2.1 will be my statistical rating system, as seen here:

cac6d1ef1404e0edaaa3e8d124339541.png

Comparing the player with nearly 4,000 other outfield players, I have been able to create a small icon, based on percentiles, that matches my own colour scheme that give me a really quick idea of just how well the player is performing. Hopefully it'll work nicely in conjunction with the attributes, polygons, radar graphs and other things...

Edited by _Ben_

On 01/02/2023 at 21:35, _Ben_ said:

Another new thing for v2.1 will be my statistical rating system, as seen here:

cac6d1ef1404e0edaaa3e8d124339541.png

Comparing the player with nearly 4,000 other outfield players, I have been able to create a small icon, based on percentiles, that matches my own colour scheme that give me a really quick idea of just how well the player is performing. Hopefully it'll work nicely in conjunction with the attributes, polygons, radar graphs and other things...

So Good, so so good. 

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

So Good, so so good. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, FM Zagueiro said:

My tactic section looks like this? How do I fix it?344742244_Screenshot2023-02-07at20_52_49.thumb.png.65368d6f7e60e7bf8539164c0987a2ac.png

It's likely you've downloaded/used the skin resolution not suitable for your device. I'd suggest switching to the lower res skin because it removes that extra panel so that the tactics area actually fits...

v2.01 out now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/btib1novx31beyh/The+Statman+Skin+v2.1.rar/file

Change List:

• Graphical view for statistics matching the way that attributes are displayed - built from comparative data of over 4,000 top flight footballers.
  • Rebuild of staff panels with a different method to visualise staff attributes.
  • Personalised DNA selectors on main profile.
  • Player popup bars are fully customisable with stats and attributes.

5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

v2.01 out now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/btib1novx31beyh/The+Statman+Skin+v2.1.rar/file

Change List:

• Graphical view for statistics matching the way that attributes are displayed - built from comparative data of over 4,000 top flight footballers.
  • Rebuild of staff panels with a different method to visualise staff attributes.
  • Personalised DNA selectors on main profile.
  • Player popup bars are fully customisable with stats and attributes.

It looks fantastic, by far my favorite FM skin ever.

having this issues in the pop ups i think?

image.png.2a14c1c8ed5e21dbb4f48bad191e6336.png

other thing is that in National Teams overview the key people are kinda cut in half.

also, is there an easy way to remove the CL scoreboard?if so what file should i look for?

thanks a lot

5 hours ago, br_sinched said:

having this issues in the pop ups i think?

This is as intended, I just may have not explained properly!  On the right hand side of each ‘column’ there is a small cog that is almost identical in colour to the background. This is where you select what you want to see here.  It’s also the same on the main profile for the ‘core attributes’ section. I went with the colour scheme so that it doesn’t take away from the overall look but does give you customisability. 

Other thing is that in National Teams overview the key people are kinda cut in half.

I’d forgotten that was still broken! Shows how much I use that panel. Will get a fix in that for v2.2. 

also, is there an easy way to remove the CL scoreboard?if so what file should i look for?

Yes. I will show you the exact files later on when I’m in front of my PC. The feedback is that this isn’t actually too popular so I may look at how I can put my own spin on the scoreboard/match intro panels but I’d expect a fair while before I’m completely happy with that. 

—-

Thank you for the constructive feedback and comments - the skin is that point now where I’ve done so much to it that I often need other eyes to show me what’s missing. 

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

This is as intended, I just may have not explained properly!  On the right hand side of each ‘column’ there is a small cog that is almost identical in colour to the background. This is where you select what you want to see here.  It’s also the same on the main profile for the ‘core attributes’ section. I went with the colour scheme so that it doesn’t take away from the overall look but does give you customisability. 

I’d forgotten that was still broken! Shows how much I use that panel. Will get a fix in that for v2.2. 

Yes. I will show you the exact files later on when I’m in front of my PC. The feedback is that this isn’t actually too popular so I may look at how I can put my own spin on the scoreboard/match intro panels but I’d expect a fair while before I’m completely happy with that. 

—-

Thank you for the constructive feedback and comments - the skin is that point now where I’ve done so much to it that I often need other eyes to show me what’s missing. 

You did an incredible job Ben!

Now i see the cogs... thanks bud!

thank you for all your help

Edited by br_sinched

18 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

I'm finding the attributes at the bottom of the player screen to be extremely squished.  Is it supposed to show just one attribute per category instead of the three attributes per category in v2.0?  I had to switch back to 2.0.

Can you pop a screenshot up please? I resized my window to 1600x900 to build it but I know that’s not the actual ideal way to do it so have gone in a bit blind…

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Can you pop a screenshot up please? I resized my window to 1600x900 to build it but I know that’s not the actual ideal way to do it so have gone in a bit blind…

11705ec0d19e87b34c9e6ca862748a83.png

There's a lot of cluttered info on the player screen.   This is 1920x1080 resolution.  The 1600x900 looks similar.

Edited by keeper#1

13 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

11705ec0d19e87b34c9e6ca862748a83.png

There's a lot of cluttered info on the player screen.   This is 1920x1080 resolution.  The 1600x900 looks similar.

I expected this with the high res skin - can you please show me the lower res one? I wonder if it’s as simple as I’ve added the wrong xml!

Thanks. 

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v2.1 - Updated 09/02/2023
4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I expected this with the high res skin - can you please show me the lower res one? I wonder if it’s as simple as I’ve added the wrong xml!

Thanks. 

I'll try.  I'm having a hard time getting the game to recognize the old skin after I put in the new one.  Right now, the low res 2.0 is the only one I can get to work.  Once I install a high res 2.1, it's only high res that the game recognizes.

1 minute ago, keeper#1 said:

I'll try.  I'm having a hard time getting the game to recognize the old skin after I put in the new one.  Right now, the low res 2.0 is the only one I can get to work.  Once I install a high res 2.1, it's only high res that the game recognizes.

This is my mistake! I think that the config files are the same so it won't recognise it. Drop the attached file into the low res skin folder and see what happens..

skin_config.xml

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@_Ben_, about your 'IQ bar'. Hypothetically, could that be used for the average of all players at the club and show somewhere like the club overview page?

Not sure what you mean...

It's not an average, it's merely the attribute value for anticipation, decisions and concentration shown as a small circle:

<!--FOOTBALLING IQ DOTS-->
<widget class="text" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" font="title" colour="statman" size="12" multiline="true">
<translation id="text" type="use" value="IQ:" />
</widget>

<container>
<attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-1,-1,-1" horizontal_gap="2"/> 
  <widget class="iq_bar" alignment="centre_x,centre_y">
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pant"/>
  </widget>
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pcnt"/>
  </widget>
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdec"/>
  </widget>

</container>

Whilst I'm awaiting more details about the issue with the lower resolution - I've added a little selector that can take you back to the original attribute view as that is something mentioned in the feedback I've had on this skin.

4bd7a53b42b149c6ab5f07dddaf7a7df.png

It's, intentionally, nearly impossible to see but is in the corner of the Shooting box:

2861450be1ba5c0cf76cce05d53ba6db.png

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Not sure what you mean...

It's not an average, it's merely the attribute value for anticipation, decisions and concentration shown as a small circle:

<!--FOOTBALLING IQ DOTS-->
<widget class="text" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" font="title" colour="statman" size="12" multiline="true">
<translation id="text" type="use" value="IQ:" />
</widget>

<container>
<attachment class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="-1,-1,-1" horizontal_gap="2"/> 
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pant"/>
  </widget>
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pcnt"/>
  </widget>
  <record id="object_property" get_property="Pdec"/>
  </widget>

</container>

Could you use the same principle, but for the average for each IQ attribute for the team combined? So, the average anticipation attribute for the first team say?

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Could you use the same principle, but for the average for each IQ attribute for the team combined? So, the average anticipation attribute for the first team say?

But I don’t know where you’d get the average from to do that?! I have never looked at the comparison graphs so don’t know if you would be able to export anything from them?