[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

2 hours ago, jamiemca123 said:

Hi, just wondering if its possible for me to change the colours of the player rating back to green over 7.0 and red below 6.0? I just find its easier to see visually like that, not sure if theres a specific file that i need to adjust it on?  Thanks :)

If you remove these two files from skins > Statman > classes, you'll revert to 'original'

6e288f9accd838a84342d120d8eabadd.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been having a small play around with how the player profile looks, fine tuning a few things I wasn't overly happy with. I've, again, reached a nice point in this although the next steps are again mounting as I get lost down another rabbit hole:

a15785e6b80adee950592af7f4eb3a2e.png

4c0c1215beed0fcd7c424a23b2819ac9.png

10 hours ago, jamiemca123 said:

Thats grand mate cheers, can i just edit the colours at all instead of deleting the files? Cheers

Yeah, of course. Fairly self explanatory but let me know if you have any issues!

10 hours ago, jamiemca123 said:

Sorry mate, any idea why the scoreboard has went a bit mad on me? Ive cleared cache, restarted the game and still not changed? Its the second game ive seen this so far image.png.b81cdde2f4bfea1593ae4fd69e86518c.png

That’s a hard coded override there so not sure it’s anything that I’ve done. Let me know when you get back to league action or, ideally, a friendly, please!

9 minutes ago, jamiemca123 said:

I have no idea what it is, it doesnt happen on friendlies, I went back and watched a few. Only on EFL matches the time doesnt show up! Might be something wrong in the save file, thankfully I only started it!

@_Ben_ I tried the skin by GIMN and it brought the time back, I then switched over to your skin and the time has disappeared again? Any ideas?

2 hours ago, jamiemca123 said:

I have no idea what it is, it doesnt happen on friendlies, I went back and watched a few. Only on EFL matches the time doesnt show up! Might be something wrong in the save file, thankfully I only started it!

In ben's skin, in panels/match. Check if there's a comps/efl folder, if there is, delete it and see if that fixes anything. 

If there's not, create the folders, and copy the default match score area from the base files match/comps/efl, and try copy the default match title bar.xml into that folder 

It still doesnt seem to be working, ive tried that, cleared cache, restarted, reloaded skin. Really not sure whats going on with it. Maybe its a missing graphic?

@bluestillidie00 Fixed it! Copied the match title bar.xml into the match panels folder, not in comps/eng, has sorted the problem and friendlies still have their own scoreboard! Thanks:)image.png.51153d6c0358737a613e50236c4991d9.png

Edited by jamiemca123

Been making some progress with something I've wanted for a really long time - and that is replacing numbers with text strings. I've had to use images to get what I wanted but here is the skin, now:

'Human' profile:

379f5b8edb9a6872c01adca57532c7cb.gif

25d3b76825d380cbc3091a5586e0677d.png

'Non-human' profile:

ac2aa9c44da3d63bbac7cb3501d6495e.png

--

This will be my last foray into editing until at least next week! But expect a v4.0 at some point soon...

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Been making some progress with something I've wanted for a really long time - and that is replacing numbers with text strings. I've had to use images to get what I wanted but here is the skin, now:

'Human' profile:

379f5b8edb9a6872c01adca57532c7cb.gif

25d3b76825d380cbc3091a5586e0677d.png

'Non-human' profile:

ac2aa9c44da3d63bbac7cb3501d6495e.png

--

This will be my last foray into editing until at least next week! But expect a v4.0 at some point soon...

this looks amazing @_Ben_... FYI I fixed my issue... realised I had the caching ticked

3 hours ago, milenec11 said:

Ben excelled skin but I like most the attributes than the dots 

how can I replace the attributes values over the dots ?

You can’t. Not really. The intention with the skin has been to move to dots and graphical interpretations and, more recently, text strings. If you really want to begin the process, the first job would be returning person properties.xml to its default settings for each attribute integer. There is, on my new skin that I will release soon, a button to switch to attributes rather than text and then a selector to choose ‘original’ numbered attributes over the dots. You’d then have to amend the player overview.xml file to ensure that this panel is shown as default rather than what I’ve set. 

Given the effort that I’ve put in to making the skin in this style, I’m sure you can understand why I’m not offering too much in terms of assistance in reverting my hard work back. 

Edited by _Ben_

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

You can’t. Not really. The intention with the skin has been to move to dots and graphical interpretations and, more recently, text strings. If you really want to begin the process, the first job would be returning person properties.xml to its default settings for each attribute integer. There is, on my new skin that I will release soon, a button to switch to attributes rather than text and then a selector to choose ‘original’ numbered attributes over the dots. You’d then have to amend the player overview.xml file to ensure that this panel is shown as default rather than what I’ve set. 

Given the effort that I’ve put in to making the skin in this style, I’m sure you can understand why I’m not offering too much in terms of assistance in reverting my hard work back. 

:thup:

1 hour ago, jamiemca123 said:

@_Ben_ will the text strings be released soon? Seems to be a very very good addition that will make it easier to judge players 

Hopefully not too long. Quality assuring everything within the skin over the next few days and then I’ll upload. 

I must say that I’m looking forward to the recruitment drive in my save to really give it the acid test!

On 06/06/2023 at 18:51, _Ben_ said:

Hopefully not too long. Quality assuring everything within the skin over the next few days and then I’ll upload. 

I must say that I’m looking forward to the recruitment drive in my save to really give it the acid test!

hey @_Ben_ can't wait for the new update... I can't remember if you've made any further changes to the staff panels?

11 hours ago, SAMiles said:

hey @_Ben_ can't wait for the new update... I can't remember if you've made any further changes to the staff panels?

Yes. Staff have the same text strings:

image.thumb.png.3f4fd4eccd8a4d3d2175c5c7d26d81d9.png

Not got quite the same level of obscurity but the staff attributes are pretty useless, in my eyes!

Just finishing up some changes to the post game panel and I will get this released. 

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v4 - Updated 22.05.23
  • _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v4 - Updated 12.06.23
3 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Can we change which panels are default so it doesn't switch back?

Nope. Not without messing with the button code; set up for a reason to show - in my opinion - the right amount of data. Happy to take feedback about how other people would rather have it though.

3 minutes ago, jamiemca123 said:

@_Ben_ just trying the skin here mate, the text strings dont seem to be appearing? i have reloaded the skin and cleared cache and restarted the game, any ideas? image.thumb.png.6f3c6656ff9c0b104064d943e9a29f5f.png

Depending on which skin you've came from, you may need to restart the game given that there are some changes in person properties.xml. Let me know how that goes please!

Boom, got it! Just changed to base skin, redownloaded the skin, re added, cleared cache, restarted the game and away it goes. It looks fantastic, I feel like it makes the game a bit more realistic now too! Top work mate, very well done.

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Statman v4: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vyoq7tz03q77lfh/Statman+v4.rar/file

02d97df6b5d55e342b451369f1583a73.png

9313911b6897bebbd1361926a71d15d1.png

Thank you for all of support that you've given me as I've developed the skin over the course of FM23. See you on FM24 for some more fun!

Great work mate. Just one little issue. Did you intentionally write "pace" in the 1st lines of all 3 "acceleration" xml files in the classes\custom\attribute descriptors folder or it is just a little mistake?

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Nope. Not without messing with the button code; set up for a reason to show - in my opinion - the right amount of data. Happy to take feedback about how other people would rather have it though.

Is messing with the button code just a thing of switching things around? If I want the third to be first, do I just switch those two around?

5 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Statman v4: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vyoq7tz03q77lfh/Statman+v4.rar/file

02d97df6b5d55e342b451369f1583a73.png

9313911b6897bebbd1361926a71d15d1.png

Thank you for all of support that you've given me as I've developed the skin over the course of FM23. See you on FM24 for some more fun!

@_Ben_ great work once again... are we able to customise the coding for the area from "date of birth" to "description" on the player screens as I personally don't like the "best role" one?

8 hours ago, deniz said:

Great work mate. Just one little issue. Did you intentionally write "pace" in the 1st lines of all 3 "acceleration" xml files in the classes\custom\attribute descriptors folder or it is just a little mistake?

Not intentional, no! Thanks for spotting. Will get a hotfix out later for this.

7 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Is messing with the button code just a thing of switching things around? If I want the third to be first, do I just switch those two around?

Essentially, yes. You'll have to go to the main pages and swap the hidn="true" and hidn="false" round as well as re-code the buttons. Not a huge job but not something I want to add on myself as an extra.

5 hours ago, SAMiles said:

@_Ben_ great work once again... are we able to customise the coding for the area from "date of birth" to "description" on the player screens as I personally don't like the "best role" one?

This has annoyed me somewhat, so apologies that you can no longer do it.

On the popup for players, you can customise what you see:

8e90470f489faabed37ad93dfe9c0fc9.png

But they would just constantly reset to the same value and take ages to fix across all the places where I have this info. Therefore, I decided to fix it but it's something I'm looking at re-instating if I can get it to work as intended.

Just now, Birdman10piyu said:

I love the new update, Dan. Great work!!

I haven't bought FM23 but I'm almost tempted just to be able to use this skin.

I've always wanted a skin that translates the attributes into readable text for an attributle-less playthough, this is what I need.

It’s Ben, but I appreciate the compliment anyway!!

I’ve always thought attribute-less games to be somewhat unrealistic as the transfer/player development engine etc uses it behind the scenes so the implementation of a) something different for non-owned players and b) attribute strings instead of numbers have always been on my radar. Taken a lot of learning but I’m happy with where I am. I won’t settle, though!

On 06/06/2023 at 14:23, _Ben_ said:

Do you Ben initiate that button on your latest release ? Somewhere I can’t see? 

1 hour ago, milenec11 said:

Do you Ben initiate that button on your latest release ? Somewhere I can’t see? 

You’ll need to scroll across on the top middle panel by pressing the right arrow. On the bottom left is a cog - it’s the same colour as the background - and it can be used to change between circles, training categories and numerical attributes.

Whilst the profile will always revert back to text - it’ll remember which selection you’ve made if you then click the arrow to go to it at any further point. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

You’ll need to scroll across on the top middle panel by pressing the right arrow. On the bottom left is a cog - it’s the same colour as the background - and it can be used to change between circles, training categories and numerical attributes.

Whilst the profile will always revert back to text - it’ll remember which selection you’ve made if you then click the arrow to go to it at any further point. 

can you screenshot please? i can't see

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

yes several attributes are missing.....................why is that???

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Edited by milenec11

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

at dots attributes panel all attributes are present at numerical attribute panel are as pictures i send you above 

do i missing something?!?!?!!?!?!?

Gutted, this skin is amazing but I dont think ill be able to use it 

The positional attributes part of the profile isnt there , it just shows the left foot and right foot but I cant see what roles they are best at which my tactics are very tailored to roles.

The right hand panel

Is there a work around so I can see the pitch with the positions so I can see what roles they are best at?

image.thumb.png.16e9c0ff1957b6f7747e81cfdf4807a9.png

20 minutes ago, samrnpage said:

The positional attributes part of the profile isnt there , it just shows the left foot and right foot but I cant see what roles they are best at which my tactics are very tailored to roles.

The right hand panel

Is there a work around so I can see the pitch with the positions so I can see what roles they are best at?

image.thumb.png.16e9c0ff1957b6f7747e81cfdf4807a9.png

Try lowering your ingame zoom,  100% to 95% or 85%.

i believe your issue is due to resolution / zoom

16 hours ago, milenec11 said:

yes several attributes are missing.....................why is that???

ec7ecc2a15831e880936467bef6243f4.png

Attributes below six are shown as the same colour as the background, although that does seem quite extreme on your shot.

13 hours ago, samrnpage said:

You can't see positions on that panel anyway. This is the shot you use to see positions:

8af3ac085524a3788462e5be4d5aa728.png

Then you can either click on any position to see role specific attributes:

aa7facf53c26020610b8f60d59e4c666.png

Or scroll across to see them displayed in the way you have.

18 hours ago, KrvakForLife343 said:

can you screenshot please? i can't see

Circled in red:

70d488a6763e8ffc4bb027457bd3ee4d.png

image.thumb.png.cb2c3dba54e21b90264fa9129870ac79.png

Uhm I have a couple of questions:

-I took a look around the topic and I saw people have green colors on positions, why is mine black? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

-Look at just above the "Position" table, "Work rate" attribute everywhere, why? Is it how it should be? If not, how can I fix it?

And yes, I have Mbappe on my team so no scout knowledge is required.

EDIT: Added marked screenshot.

image.thumb.png.bc1cd761666368510b6afb007041dba4.png

Can we also have a mentality option in-game buttons?
image.thumb.png.a25d69dae99b95198a3871f6cd8d2146.png

Edited by omardonq

3 hours ago, omardonq said:

image.thumb.png.cb2c3dba54e21b90264fa9129870ac79.png

Uhm I have a couple of questions:

-I took a look around the topic and I saw people have green colors on positions, why is mine black? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

-Look at just above the "Position" table, "Work rate" attribute everywhere, why? Is it how it should be? If not, how can I fix it?

And yes, I have Mbappe on my team so no scout knowledge is required.

EDIT: Added marked screenshot.

image.thumb.png.bc1cd761666368510b6afb007041dba4.png

Can we also have a mentality option in-game buttons?
image.thumb.png.a25d69dae99b95198a3871f6cd8d2146.png

the black dots colour can be changed in the "skin colour" option, in preferences

the "work rate" is buttons, you can customize them by clicking on the little dot next to it

and "mentallity" is probably a oversight, i'll let @_Ben_ answer that

On 18/06/2023 at 09:00, snowofman said:

the black dots colour can be changed in the "skin colour" option, in preferences

the "work rate" is buttons, you can customize them by clicking on the little dot next to it

and "mentallity" is probably a oversight, i'll let @_Ben_ answer that

Thanks for answering these. First two are spot on, last one is design choice - you can do it through the tactics pop up anyway!

@_Ben_hello!  First of all, thank you so much for releasing your skin for us to use, you put a lot of time and effort into making it, this is the most beautiful and smoothest skin I have ever used. I cannot say more than enough to praise your work and salute you. 

Secondly, English is not my native language, so my communication with you is based on translation software, I don't know if the meaning of the expression is accurate, please understand

I have been using your skin for a long time,I found some minor issues during use. I spent 3 days trying to find a solution in the forum,  I read all your replies , I didn't solve them all because my native language is not English, which makes it difficult for me to proceed. So I'm here to ask you for help.  if you can't help me, I still want to thank you and salute you again

I will ask you questions separately to ensure that I understand your explanation, and please let me know if I violate the reply rules

Thanks for the feedback. I am writing this quite carefully as I don't want to come across rude or arrogant in this reply. Firstly, the translation issues are something that I apologise for but will not be fixing or providing a full list of where to find fixes. Initially, when I first started skinning, I was unaware of the use of the translation_ID that is used to change languages so a lot of the attributes don't have that built in. Furthermore, the text strings are things that I have made and, as I only speak English, I haven't translated them. They are located in the graphics files but would not be easily editable, in my opinion, as I am the one with the template.

In terms of the changes that you've suggested - and, again - not being arrogant here, they are design choices I've made and you'll need to look through the xmls in order to find the solutions because you've asked for a lot of different things. For example, the time it spent me to code the buttons to show the text strings rather than the attributes means that I won't be unpicking that for people that don't agree with my choice.

The one fix that I will give you is to add the faces. It's saved in my person properties.xml file, so, if you haven't already, close the game and re-open it. You will then be able to find 'mugshot' in the list and it can be added anywhere.

dd60f0a2105c020d9299a2aa85075b99.png