[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

12 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you, so much! Can I ask why you're not playing at the moment? Have you continued your skinning since we last interacted?

Mainly because of playing the real-life game more often :)  But it's connected to the FM itself too. I'm playing coach of my local town team and it takes a lot of time to prepare everything for 15 young people. In the last month or five weeks, I rather spent my free time with kids or reading books. I had enough of spending my time around the laptop when it was not needed. So, that's probably it.

Every time I read some post I have that feeling about playing the game but I usually decline it. Maybe it's also because I feel the game is the same for too long. I'm sure I will play again soon. I had some FM/skinning mood last night and started thinking & creating player polygons related to the set pieces, for example. And I would like to create at least one polygon with some of my own criteria/attributes that I follow for years. But it's still the same recently, whenever I have time to open the game, I don't play but I only think about what to change in the skin. I made many small things during this calendar year, nothing groundbreaking and mainly fixing issues after official updates. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, VictorEs7 said:

The pizza graph looks wrong, it's moved. I play in 1920x1080, 85 zoom and only icons in the sidebar.

image.png.62b585da7423aa42e48cb457fa9dd66e.png

Thanks for finding this.

It may be because I've set that round circle to be at the centre of the pizza (well, GIMN did and I used it) but I've actually used a relative size for that top panel. Maybe, if I fix the size of that - it'll keep that container the same size throughout and, as such, that in the right place.

I've just played with setting a definite size for the container and it sits nicer:

ff7b5e47ec422d0945e73668310d5ec7.png

Then squashed my screen down and it's still centred:

e6aea00795c37895def7156ac07ef8ba.png

Drop the attached file in the Player folder and overwrite the original. Please can you post a screenshot of what it looks like. Thanks!

player overview panel.xml

2 hours ago, bahmet said:

How to make a vertical arrangement of tactics? Horizontally is very inconvenient.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c470698fa3403309ad154a7dfd3e9da0.png

What does the whole screen look like? What resolution are you playing on?

1 hour ago, VictorEs7 said:

Now it looks good, thanks.

Wonderful. Could you also share a screenshot of your whole player profile panel please? I want to see how different resolutions spread the panels out. Thanks.

1 минуту назад, _Ben_ сказал:

What does the whole screen look like? What resolution are you playing on?

1920х1080. It's not about the screen resolution.

Спойлер

image.png.5e5c86a83fa939b80dfaa09f18da03d9.png

Edited by bahmet

@_Ben_Thanks for the update and sorting out the annoying foreheads I was looking at on the National team's overview screen! I'd like to ask if a slider is easily implemented as it is there on other screens? I find 85% just too small for my eyes. I've settled on 95% as close to what I can squint at!! However on the player overview screen is it possible to add a slider in so that information is not cut off or missing? I am specifically looking at the red and orange icons of this player's weak areas of his game in the screenshot. I can put up with it but it would neaten things up a little for me at my end. :) 

statman player profile.jpg

4 minutes ago, bahmet said:

It's not about the screen resolution.

It is quite an odd sized space, isn't it. So I have two options and would appreciate your thoughts:

A) Back to vertical:

d66d04888ebad74bb00f81c1ca491035.png

B) Horizontal but subs along the bottom (in the box that is pink now) so that the pitch can be longer and thinner:

5a040a969cb332424b3a218d3185af8b.png

1 minute ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

@_Ben_Thanks for the update and sorting out the annoying foreheads I was looking at on the National team's overview screen! I'd like to ask if a slider is easily implemented as it is there on other screens? I find 85% just too small for my eyes. I've settled on 95% as close to what I can squint at!! However on the player overview screen is it possible to add a slider in so that information is not cut off or missing? I am specifically looking at the red and orange icons of this player's weak areas of his game in the screenshot. I can put up with it but it would neaten things up a little for me at my end. :) 

statman player profile.jpg

Can you download the player overview panel that I linked a couple of posts up please. That will set the height of this container so that it all fits in properly. I'm then really interested to see how the whole player profile looks. Thanks!

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v3.11 - Updated 13/04/2023
36 minutes ago, danielgear said:

@_Ben_ on the latest update the subs panel in match has gone a bit strange

How odd as I literally just 'made' this!

Drop those in tactics and over ride everything. Then close the game and start again. Let me know if that fixes it please as it's working fine for me.

EDIT: Also delete 'tactics overview side panel12.xml' as that was some code I was pulling from elsewhere and might be interfering. 

EDIT 2: Ahh - is this in match?!

EDIT 3: FIXED. Will get this uploaded in a minute...

c56ac4ba88b9fb3d92fe7a8b91848431.jpg

subs bench panel.xml subs bench icon panel.xml

Edited by _Ben_

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v3.12 - Updated 13/04/2023
4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

It is quite an odd sized space, isn't it. So I have two options and would appreciate your thoughts:

A) Back to vertical:

d66d04888ebad74bb00f81c1ca491035.png

B) Horizontal but subs along the bottom (in the box that is pink now) so that the pitch can be longer and thinner:

5a040a969cb332424b3a218d3185af8b.png

option a looks great

33 minutes ago, 01revenge said:

option a looks great

I went with option B! If you'd like to me to help you convert it to option A, please let me know, It's only a couple of lines of code that need altering.

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I went with option B! If you'd like to me to help you convert it to option A, please let me know, It's only a couple of lines of code that need altering.

yes that would be greatly appreciated 

10 hours ago, 01revenge said:

yes that would be greatly appreciated 

Locate the file in tactics > tactics overview side panel.xml

At line 314, replace this:

<string id="vertical" value="false" />

With this

<string id="vertical" value="true" />

It will look a bit misshapen, so you'll probably want to change this, in line 289:

From this:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,550" offset="0" gap="5" />

To this:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1" offset="0" gap="5" />

Then save and reload the skin.

---

You will end with something like this:

c86b4f99d19a9115a09f9f8c93c97cd4.png

@01revenge - as I don't know your resolution - please could you post a screenshot of what it looks like once you've implemented the changes. I can then work out whether, for lower resolutions - a simple fix would be to remove he analysis side of the panel.

Just a couple of quick questions.

I downloaded the latest version from this thread, I haven't changed anything and the popup of the players is always showing like this, be it my team or AI

efb037efaaa1e7c379cdd13c9fe9d25e.png

Don't know if it's expected by any chance.

Also, @_Ben_ you had mentioned that it's possible to have the attributes like this (screenshot is not mine):

932e33886dc672b528a1d2cb81f60a35.png

But I don't see that selector on my game, do I need to change something?

22 minutes ago, PT-KK said:

Just a couple of quick questions.

I downloaded the latest version from this thread, I haven't changed anything and the popup of the players is always showing like this, be it my team or AI

efb037efaaa1e7c379cdd13c9fe9d25e.png

Don't know if it's expected by any chance.

Also, @_Ben_ you had mentioned that it's possible to have the attributes like this (screenshot is not mine):

932e33886dc672b528a1d2cb81f60a35.png

But I don't see that selector on my game, do I need to change something?

Both are selector panels and both are (purposely) the same colour as the background.

For the top image - look just to the left of the vertical line and you'll see a cog that opens up a customisable list.

Second image - look at the top right of the Shooting box and you'll see another cog, which brings up that selector choice.

6 minutes ago, Brunosaur said:

Is there any way to change the size of the numbers, they are massive!

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 15.06.59.png

Yep. By changing the size of the pitch but not the numbers, you'll get this.

I've forgotten the name of the panel that controls this - give me a few minutes!

On 13/04/2023 at 18:04, _Ben_ said:

How odd as I literally just 'made' this!

Drop those in tactics and over ride everything. Then close the game and start again. Let me know if that fixes it please as it's working fine for me.

EDIT: Also delete 'tactics overview side panel12.xml' as that was some code I was pulling from elsewhere and might be interfering. 

EDIT 2: Ahh - is this in match?!

EDIT 3: FIXED. Will get this uploaded in a minute...

c56ac4ba88b9fb3d92fe7a8b91848431.jpg

subs bench panel.xml 1.44 kB · 1 download subs bench icon panel.xml 487 B · 1 download

Cheers Ben. All sorted now. 

Hey @_Ben_, great skin as always

I found a bug :D

VKp9lzr.gif

Changing between these two doesn't work. You have to click on the trophy then to one I want to see so that i shows correctly

edit - also this is not full sized,

image.png.739e5ebb942a195e9daebc3a316d181d.png

Edited by -Jef-

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Changing between these two doesn't work. You have to click on the trophy then to one I want to see so that i shows correctly

Hadn't noticed this one! I have been playing around with it now and I had no idea it was that flimsy but I can't actually work out how to solve it! Leave it with me...

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

edit - also this is not full sized,

I also had no idea it wasn't! Not sure I ever changed the size of it. Again, leave this one with me.

Hey @_Ben_, great skin overall, thanks for that :) One small 'pet peeve' of mine: Even on 85% zoom (and only a mad person would use this anyway ;) ) and 1920x1080 it only displays the Top20 in the Player Statistics section of the league rather than the Top100 (i suspect this has to do with the Skin as it's different for other Skins i used/tried).

Another thing that irks me, though i suspect it's more intentional, is that there is no development tab to navigate. Where this really comes in handy, especially using only attribute ranges (via the dots i changed it with some copy/paste + xml editing to 1-7, 8-11,12-15,16-20) it's a very usefull tab as it shows how many games other teams players played in which postion under Development-->Tactic which in turn is necessary information to judge what a player's stats are worth (a guy that can play FB and CDM will have very different stats depending on where he played). And i feel that information isn't sth that needs to be hidden for realism as irl a site like transfermarkt has it readily available :)

Also, could you or anybody else clarify quicky what the comparison pool is for the "percentile stats" is? Top5 leagues? Or own/current league?

Edited by Marinho

2 hours ago, Marinho said:

Hey @_Ben_, great skin overall, thanks for that :) One small 'pet peeve' of mine: Even on 85% zoom (and only a mad person would use this anyway ;) ) and 1920x1080 it only displays the Top20 in the Player Statistics section of the league rather than the Top100 (i suspect this has to do with the Skin as it's different for other Skins i used/tried).

Another thing that irks me, tho

Can you post a screenshot of this please? Not something I've intentionally done so may be worth a look!

Another thing that irks me, though i suspect it's more intentional, is that there is no development tab to navigate. Where this really comes in handy, especially using only attribute ranges (via the dots i changed it with some copy/paste + xml editing to 1-7, 8-11,12-15,16-20) it's a very usefull tab as it shows how many games other teams players played in which postion under Development-->Tactic which in turn is necessary information to judge what a player's stats are worth (a guy that can play FB and CDM will have very different stats depending on where he played). And i feel that information isn't sth that needs to be hidden for realism as irl a site like transfermarkt has it readily available :)

Do you mean this tab?

0a238ac58d9135f0f576242d896495c9.png

I had originally wanted to make use of the below image, which is in Tactics/Player:

b7fd8a187e8d4230b2f165332fd4bd71.png

But it just does not work.

I have though, realised that I no longer have the 'games in position' anyway. I could look at getting that in along with the Player Form - using link buttons to get vertical tabs here:

0e67550c91279749fc13b108621ce4c6.png

If that is what you meant?

Also, could you or anybody else clarify quicky what the comparison pool is for the "percentile stats" is? Top5 leagues? Or own/current league?

Yes. The dots the general one and done across all outfield players in the top 10 European leagues with over 2000 minutes.

The metric bars and pizza chart are positional across the top twenty leagues, ran in full detail.

Edited by _Ben_

44 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Can you post a screenshot of this please? Not something I've intentionally done so may be worth a look!

Do you mean this tab?

0a238ac58d9135f0f576242d896495c9.png

I had originally wanted to make use of the below image, which is in Tactics/Player:

b7fd8a187e8d4230b2f165332fd4bd71.png

But it just does not work.

I have though, realised that I no longer have the 'games in position' anyway. I could look at getting that in along with the Player Form - using link buttons to get vertical tabs here:

0e67550c91279749fc13b108621ce4c6.png

If that is what you meant?

Yes. The dots the general one and done across all outfield players in the top 10 European leagues with over 2000 minutes.

The metric bars and pizza chart are positional across the top five leagues, ran in full detail.

Yes, the top tab is what i meant re: positions. (i assume you took the screenshot from a different skin or am i truly that blind not to find it?). Would't it be possible to 'simply' re-add it? (the training--> development tab as a whole for players not your own (for your own players there are options 'missing' as well but i'd wager this was by design).

As for the positions played in: Mind you i am referring to it showing for players not on my team, so it'd be a different tab i think. I don't suppose It'd be able to add anything regarding positions played in to this screen/tab? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c6c0c1b6897bbc16ef9de7fc2408e869.png

As for your query about the screenshot, with the Mustermann as comparison. A lot of skins only go to 20, including the defaul one, so it's propably sth. that needs to be edited to work rather than the other way around (if that makes sense):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b6f715d88a080805f18a110511c7e3b6.png

image.png.546b50b0d79b540d1f028ae4840b164f.png

Also a few more issues related mainly to the match screens:In Game the fitness level doesn't update:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8bcbb5cfe93fe31400b153179897f93b.png

Also the "List" tab does not display in match:

Spoiler

image.png.4d8a33c1fdbbe74466c9d24a6849eddf.png

image.png.ebd5522f53747ca8ebe1baf0e0ff86f6.png

Edited by Marinho

10 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Yes, the top tab is what i meant re: positions. (i assume you took the screenshot from a different skin or am i truly that blind not to find it?). Would't it be possible to 'simply' re-add it? (the training--> development tab as a whole for players not your own (for your own players there are options 'missing' as well but i'd wager this was by design).

That's just from the base skin. I can't adjust the section meta data for players that are mine/not mine so it'll have to come through something else:

6bddc0f19e4029f18711d008a6e06ae9.gif

This is for my own player.

0ec705007f38db9d672d2626d251713e.gif

And this is a player who isn't mine that has been scouted. 

If the player has not been scouted (as in the base skin), you won't see form and, as such, will get this. Now that it's back in the skin, I'll look to see if I can develop what is shown there a little more - maybe more than just G and A.

I feel that's a pretty realistic outcome? Do you?

15 minutes ago, Marinho said:

As for your query about the screenshot, with the Mustermann as comparison. A lot of skins only go to 20, including the defaul one, so it's propably sth. that needs to be edited to work rather than the other way around (if that makes sense):

I'll ask @GIMN what he's done as I had no idea and would be interested in this myself.

15 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Also a few more issues related mainly to the match screens:In Game the fitness level doesn't update:

Not sure how this has happened. Not changed anything there and has been working for me up until you've said this! I will have a look later.

16 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Also the "List" tab does not display in match:

Hadn't spotted this. Silly error when I moved it over from the normal tactic view so wasn't trying to pull through match list, just the normal list:

c91f6e0c231aa65c4a6bc00243763684.gif

Maybe the fatigue not showing was an artifact from me switching skins or sth, will have a look later if i fire up the game in the evening yet :)

Re: Games/Positions: That's definitely enough for what i would be looking for. It being linked to having been scouted is fair, still gives you the info before deciding to make a bid (meaning after scouting). 

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

Maybe the fatigue not showing was an artifact from me switching skins or sth, will have a look later if i fire up the game in the evening yet :)

I will explore now, but that means I have to play and not skin!

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

Re: Games/Positions: That's definitely enough for what i would be looking for. It being linked to having been scouted is fair, still gives you the info before deciding to make a bid (meaning after scouting). 

Perfect. Will make it into the next update.

Now goes to 100. Thanks to @GIMN for this fix:

a7d1ebc6c77e98e7845d735672a59339.png

1 hour ago, Brunosaur said:

Competitions page, logos are a little big and there don't have the competition colour 

As intended. Didn't like the big blocks of colour.

Competitions with coloured text show:

d833c34a62f288084fa929283308901d.png

1 hour ago, Brunosaur said:

And scouting meeting on inbox, report doesn't show pros and cons properly

I handle scouting meetings in my game at present, so leave that one with me and I will see what I can get.

27 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Can't add new tactic

Never encountered this, probably because I just load my tactics. Will work on a fix now.

Spoiler

Cheers for the fix! Am trying to get back into FM and found only your skin brings some joy to the game after 20+ years so I might be a frequent visitor here for bug reports :D

34 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

@_Ben_ looks same as on your screen

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.65906c98f123cc9abd577c506859fc6b.png

Perfect. You have to scroll for some of the stats but everything important now actually fits on. Not sure what the plan is for lower resolutions/higher zooms than that, though...

Since I'm here all Sunday, quick question

for ai controlled players (not in my club) how can i see their defensive attributes? or even the approximation of them?

like him for example, i can see that he's an okay technically (misspelled btw - techician / techNichian), good in the air, strong, composed

but it doesn't say anything about his movement

image.thumb.png.8a824b6adeb5ea05709a4cbfa64b8a1a.png

Edited by -Jef-