FM23 difficulty

A shame to see the difficulty hasn't been addressed. Won the PL with Arsenal in my first season with 98 points. 

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the personnel in my squad going into the second second, its absolutely ridiculous. For starters it includes Messi and Haaland.. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, toby14 said:

A shame to see the difficulty hasn't been addressed. Won the PL with Arsenal in my first season with 98 points. 

You wouldn't believe me if I told you the personnel in my squad going into the second second, its absolutely ridiculous. For starters it includes Messi and Haaland.. 

I had the same in last year's where I won the league at a stroll as Liverpool (not that amazing) but then in the summer window I signed Haaland for about £50m and Mbappe on a free... didn't bother starting the second season :)

11 hours ago, toby14 said:

Prove such boast by uploading screenshots so we can believe you.

9 hours ago, dannysheard said:

I had the same in last year's where I won the league at a stroll as Liverpool (not that amazing) but then in the summer window I signed Haaland for about £50m and Mbappe on a free... didn't bother starting the second season :)

Aren't you the one who says they won 10 CL's on the trout on fm23. I will ask the same for you to prove such boast by providing evidence of this feat

Just played my first season on the beta with Red Star Paris in the French third tier. We should do well, media prediction is 3rd. 

Loaded up my tactic from FM21 - basically a take on a 4-2-3-1 high press but with DMs. Idea is to let the front 4 take risks + dribble with a supporting back of 4 behind them, and 2 in defence. 

b29f829913d0150a16873de904579d51.png

eb3b1a9ba984735a1b107cd8f95037ab.png

My striker scored 46 league goals in 32 appearances. This never happened with this tactic in earlier versions, other than a save in Ireland where I brought Bohemians to the CL and I was a 1-100 favourite to win - AF seems to just bewilder defenders on 23.

Now - you may be skeptical still at this point, but after winning the first 12 games I simmed the rest. No effort, no managing morale, no transfers (even staff), training, nothing. I had zero to no input on this side other than setting up my generic tactic I used on FM21. Most strategy games at least give you a learning curve, for example Crusader Kings 2 and 3 are similar but still requires a level of getting to know the game in order to master. I'm already steamrolling up the leagues without as much as checking out the new features yet on FM23. I honestly think FM would benefit from taking a year or two out (like PES), release an official data update and try to freshen things up.

7 hours ago, Deego619 said:

Now - you may be skeptical still at this point, but after winning the first 12 games I simmed the rest. No effort, no managing morale, no transfers (even staff), training, nothing. I had zero to no input on this side other than setting up my generic tactic I used on FM21. Most strategy games at least give you a learning curve, for example Crusader Kings 2 and 3 are similar but still requires a level of getting to know the game in order to master. I'm already steamrolling up the leagues without as much as checking out the new features yet on FM23. I honestly think FM would benefit from taking a year or two out (like PES), release an official data update and try to freshen things up.

Why would they do it if we buy the game every year regardless?

It's like Heroin :lol:

9 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

Aren't you the one who says they won 10 CL's on the trout on fm23. I will ask the same for you to prove such boast by providing evidence of this feat

Aren't you the same guy that asked me this last time and I pointed out that I'd actually written it was nine times in a row on FM21? So you've said it wrong twice now; nice.

And I genuinely have no interest in proving anything to anyone who thinks that making up achievements on a forum like this is something that would make me happy.

Tl;dr, you don't find the game easy, I do.

9 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

Prove such boast by uploading screenshots so we can believe you.

Mate, give it a rest. You obviously don't find the game easy which is why you don't believe it when people say they do.

You're not that good at the game. It's OK. There are lots of things I'm not very good at.

1 minute ago, dannysheard said:

Mate, give it a rest. You obviously don't find the game easy which is why you don't believe it when people say they do.

You're not that good at the game. It's OK. There are lots of things I'm not very good at.

lmao you don't know how I'm doing on my save I don't find the game too easy or too hard it's pretty straight forward if you know what you're doing and proves to be a challenge if you pick an underdog. Just find it laughable that you play as Liverpool, win the league and proclaim you're some kind of master tactical genius at the game and that its too easy. May as well be managing PSG wini ligue 1 and say you are great at the game.

I actually create tactics for fm fyi

10 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

lmao you don't know how I'm doing on my save I don't find the game too easy or too hard it's pretty straight forward if you know what you're doing and proves to be a challenge if you pick an underdog. Just find it laughable that you play as Liverpool, win the league and proclaim you're some kind of master tactical genius at the game and that its too easy. May as well be managing PSG wini ligue 1 and say you are great at the game.

I actually create tactics for fm fyi

Let me try to break this down for you (again).

I don't think I'm a tactical genius, quite the opposite as the game doesn't need you to be. I start a game, create my own, fairly basic, tactics from scratch (just like you, well done) and then win a lot more games and trophies than I should be able to with the team I have.

Nobody on here is saying that Liverpool shouldn't win most of their games; of course they should as they have the second best squad in the league. But there is a difference between it being easy to win most games (which should be the norm with Liverpool) to being easy to win nearly all the trophies, which it obviously shouldn't be with any team. Example: City and PSG in real life.

And before you say, of course Liverpool win everything, they're OP in the game; that's what everyone on these discussions say every time one of the good players comes on here and says they're playing as Utd or City or Arsenal or Liverpool or Spurs or Chelsea. They can't all be OP, can they?

And I've played as underdogs and it's still really easy to overachieve (four or five or six promotions in a row).

I genuinely don't think you know the difference between how many games your team wins and whether the game is easy or not.

28 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

Let me try to break this down for you (again).

I don't think I'm a tactical genius, quite the opposite as the game doesn't need you to be. I start a game, create my own, fairly basic, tactics from scratch (just like you, well done) and then win a lot more games and trophies than I should be able to with the team I have.

Nobody on here is saying that Liverpool shouldn't win most of their games; of course they should as they have the second best squad in the league. But there is a difference between it being easy to win most games (which should be the norm with Liverpool) to being easy to win nearly all the trophies, which it obviously shouldn't be with any team. Example: City and PSG in real life.

And before you say, of course Liverpool win everything, they're OP in the game; that's what everyone on these discussions say every time one of the good players comes on here and says they're playing as Utd or City or Arsenal or Liverpool or Spurs or Chelsea. They can't all be OP, can they?

And I've played as underdogs and it's still really easy to overachieve (four or five or six promotions in a row).

I genuinely don't think you know the difference between how many games your team wins and whether the game is easy or not.

In all the 3 pages of this thread I've only seen one poster show evidence of their claim for the game being too easy while playing in the third division of the french league. The rest is just barking without even knowing if these people are save scumming.

If you geniunely find it too easy and believe the game should be made harder then you really should report it as a bug, upload screenshots/save file etc and show evidence of all the saves you've done for underdogs back to back promotions and winning the prem with liverpool city aresenal, spurs with a basic tactic on fm23. Shouldn't take you that long to do

56 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

In all the 3 pages of this thread I've only seen one poster show evidence of their claim for the game being too easy while playing in the third division of the french league. The rest is just barking without even knowing if these people are save scumming.

If you geniunely find it too easy and believe the game should be made harder then you really should report it as a bug, upload screenshots/save file etc and show evidence of all the saves you've done for underdogs back to back promotions and winning the prem with liverpool city aresenal, spurs with a basic tactic on fm23. Shouldn't take you that long to do

SI will already have the metadata of % of players that win the league/Champions League with each team, and probably if some of those players are save scumming, so they'll know it's way too high, certainly for some of the better players.

I have no interest in 'proving' to people who don't find the game too easy, that I do. We're at different levels; it's pointless.

For me, this debate is about whether we want to do something about it, like virtually every other game does with difficulty levels, or not.

Edited by dannysheard

11 hours ago, Deego619 said:

Just played my first season on the beta with Red Star Paris in the French third tier. We should do well, media prediction is 3rd. 

Loaded up my tactic from FM21 - basically a take on a 4-2-3-1 high press but with DMs. Idea is to let the front 4 take risks + dribble with a supporting back of 4 behind them, and 2 in defence.

My striker scored 46 league goals in 32 appearances. This never happened with this tactic in earlier versions, other than a save in Ireland where I brought Bohemians to the CL and I was a 1-100 favourite to win - AF seems to just bewilder defenders on 23.

Now - you may be skeptical still at this point, but after winning the first 12 games I simmed the rest. No effort, no managing morale, no transfers (even staff), training, nothing. I had zero to no input on this side other than setting up my generic tactic I used on FM21.

It was interesting to check out. The same club, no transfers, the same staff, manager on holiday and assistant strictly using only that tactical configuration you used.

Results / Table (2nd place) / Players / Your striker (13 goals scored in 17 games played in the 3rd league) / Transfers (none)

Summary : this tactic is better than the one used by the AI, but it is far from turning the game into a walk in the park, especially since it's used with a team rated as one of the best in the league anyway.

Why did I check? Well, because there are certain reasons to criticize the balance in the game, especially regarding the transfer policy and the way young players are used. But the idea that a FM player doesn't have to do anything special but just use a certain older tactical configuration is far from reality. Especially because there are important differences between FM 21 and FM23 in terms of match engine.

Edited by GreenTriangle

3 hours ago, dannysheard said:

SI will already have the metadata of % of players that win the league/Champions League with each team, and probably if some of those players are save scumming, so they'll know it's way too high, certainly for some of the better players.

I have no interest in 'proving' to people who don't find the game too easy, that I do. We're at different levels; it's pointless.

For me, this debate is about whether we want to do something about it, like virtually every other game does with difficulty levels, or not.

Ironically, the announcement trailer for FM 23 was about all of the success players had with the game lol.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Ironically, the announcement trailer for FM 23 was about all of the success players had with the game lol.

I guess it's what most people want, and that's fair enough, I think.

They need the masses to buy the game and a lot of people don't find it easy so I don't believe just upping the difficulty of the base game is ever going to happen. If they did, it would be a crazy steep learning curve for new players.

I'd just like to have a sensible chat around what is possible in terms of difficulty levels.

Just now, dannysheard said:

I guess it's what most people want, and that's fair enough, I think.

They need the masses to buy the game and a lot of people don't find it easy so I don't believe just upping the difficulty of the base game is ever going to happen. If they did, it would be a crazy steep learning curve for new players.

I'd just like to have a sensible chat around what is possible in terms of difficulty levels.

I’m saying the information is known to SI, no need to prove to a random on the board. This has been a hot topic for the last 3 years now. They’ve made the necessary tweaks like intensity levels effecting stamina more, inaccuracies, AI management, etc. but until they fix some of the fundamental problems with the game, the AI will always be a push over.

6 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I’m saying the information is known to SI, no need to prove to a random on the board. This has been a hot topic for the last 3 years now. They’ve made the necessary tweaks like intensity levels effecting stamina more, inaccuracies, AI management, etc. but until they fix some of the fundamental problems with the game, the AI will always be a push over.

True.

I always get caught up in a debate with the 'I don't find it too easy, so you can't either' crew on here. I make it my mission to have at least one person say 'humblebrag' to me each year. My grandma would've told me to stop playing with my food.

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Sadly it’s no doubt in their interest to leave it as a pushover, or at least allow anyone to overachieve with any team they want…it’s more fun, more YouTube videos, more discord viewers, more exposure, more sales. No one is going to watch a discord streamer grinding out Bath City’s twenty five season ascent to the EPL- they’re more captivated if it’s done in six.

I just wish there was an option for an Ironman mode where the AI was buffed a bit. I really don’t care how nowadays, I’ve given up on fundamental problems being corrected, even more so where manager AI was meant to be a headline feature this year- just anything to feel like there’s a carrot to be a chased. For me, that was FM07 and FM14-16. But SI have said this isn’t an option so I’ve gone back to those older titles for that hit.

Edited by sthptngomad76

4 hours ago, sthptngomad76 said:

Sadly it’s no doubt in their interest to leave it as a pushover, or at least allow anyone to overachieve with any team they want…it’s more fun, more YouTube videos, more discord viewers, more exposure, more sales. No one is going to watch a discord streamer grinding out Bath City’s twenty five season ascent to the EPL- they’re more captivated if it’s done in six.

I just wish there was an option for an Ironman mode where the AI was buffed a bit. I really don’t care how nowadays, I’ve given up on fundamental problems being corrected, even more so where manager AI was meant to be a headline feature this year- just anything to feel like there’s a carrot to be a chased. For me, that was FM07 and FM14-16. But SI have said this isn’t an option so I’ve gone back to those older titles for that hit.

Just the way society is going nowadays. Seems like every have a very short attention span. I personally would enjoy a streamer struggling with Bath City. I pretty much unsubbed all of the FM YouTubers because they literally put out the same videos each year. Its the same formula rinse, wash repeat and its largely because FM doesn't provide any challenge.

besides SI fixing some of the AI issues like their inability to manage fatigue, a few ways they can increase difficulty are:

Increase injuries back at a realistic rate.

Reward consistency I.E. make it harder to gain tactic familiarity if there are constant changes, cohesion should be harder to obtain if there are constant roster movement.

These things could be options at the beginning of a save where you set up a league.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Just the way society is going nowadays. Seems like every have a very short attention span. I personally would enjoy a streamer struggling with Bath City. I pretty much unsubbed all of the FM YouTubers because they literally put out the same videos each year. Its the same formula rinse, wash repeat and its largely because FM doesn't provide any challenge.

Agree with this. I have however found 2 exceptions - guys who play to super-strict rules and are perennial losers:

Load FM!

FMLlama

The first has 2 daily FM23 videos on the go; Llama hasn't started his FM23 yet. LoadFM! does a daily stream, so he mentions - although I don't have that much patience myself.

22 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

It was interesting to check out. The same club, no transfers, the same staff, manager on holiday and assistant strictly using only that tactical configuration you used.

Results / Table (2nd place) / Players / Your striker (13 goals scored in 17 games played in the 3rd league) / Transfers (none)

Summary : this tactic is better than the one used by the AI, but it is far from turning the game into a walk in the park, especially since it's used with a team rated as one of the best in the league anyway.

Why did I check? Well, because there are certain reasons to criticize the balance in the game, especially regarding the transfer policy and the way young players are used. But the idea that a FM player doesn't have to do anything special but just use a certain older tactical configuration is far from reality. Especially because there are important differences between FM 21 and FM23 in terms of match engine.

Interesting, but I think this is the point I'm trying to make. Even though you did not replicate my season, the bottom line is you had no input other than a tactic and were still able to perform at par with minimum effort put into the game other than knowledge of what worked from an earlier version of the game.

There should be more at stake on the decisions made by the player in the game, even to perform at par for a side takes a lot of work in real life and the manager is at risk of the sack and the anger of fans for underperformance. New editions of the game should be introducing ways for seasoned and new players alike to learn and master, even paradox games like Crusader Kings still had something to learn for new players from the 2nd to the 3rd game. For us both to get promoted off one input from the player is being damning.

1 hour ago, Deego619 said:

Interesting, but I think this is the point I'm trying to make. Even though you did not replicate my season, the bottom line is you had no input other than a tactic and were still able to perform at par with minimum effort put into the game other than knowledge of what worked from an earlier version of the game.

There should be more at stake on the decisions made by the player in the game, even to perform at par for a side takes a lot of work in real life and the manager is at risk of the sack and the anger of fans for underperformance. New editions of the game should be introducing ways for seasoned and new players alike to learn and master, even paradox games like Crusader Kings still had something to learn for new players from the 2nd to the 3rd game. For us both to get promoted off one input from the player is being damning.

It’s a reoccurring theme that you can achieve maximum success while completely ignoring “headline features”. Whether it’s dynamics or the data hub… The right tactic is more viable than the attributes players must poses to carry out their roles and instructions and that’s a fundamental problem.

Whether it is admitted or not, this is why people have a problem with the “fluff”.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

He literally had that as a release clause last season. 

True, but Liverpool couldn't come close to signing him for financial reasons.

The finances in FM have always been terrible for big clubs, as shown by the Aresenal guy making 10+ major (and half a dozen absolute marquee) signings in one window.

No good at making my own tactics. So far all of the tactics made by others which proclaim to be amazing, mainly the 4-3-2-1, have not worked for me. I play as Sheffield Wednesday, who have a good squad at league 1 level but I still get beaten regularly, sometimes heavily.

1st season with Strasbourg finish 2nd in Ligue 1 just a few points behind PSG.  Game is too easy.  I have never finished bottom half of the table in any year on any save and always choose one of the worst teams in a league.  Game is too easy that it makes it boring, please increase difficulty or add difficulty settings.  

On 02/11/2022 at 22:27, Mars_Blackmon said:

Totally agree about the YouTubers … I’ve given up watching them as they are all too full of themselves and don’t make any meaningful contribution 

2 hours ago, redders1977 said:

No good at making my own tactics. So far all of the tactics made by others which proclaim to be amazing, mainly the 4-3-2-1, have not worked for me. I play as Sheffield Wednesday, who have a good squad at league 1 level but I still get beaten regularly, sometimes heavily.

For anyone struggling to win, this is your best friend:  That nasty wing/fullback keeps overlapping on you, mark him with your wide man! Are those pesky poachers running in behind your CB? Mark that b***! Are those slimey IWs finding tons of space between your defence and midfield? Not anymore!

(Beware, the AI WILL react to you marking their players out of the game, draw them deeper and have others run into the whole you leave behind while man marking a striker that's suddenly dropping deep. Just watch on comprehensive and you'll see when it happens.)

winning.thumb.png.852c5ee150435f9fe49e4e5bc151cfdb.png

On 02/11/2022 at 22:27, Mars_Blackmon said:

besides SI fixing some of the AI issues like their inability to manage fatigue, a few ways they can increase difficulty are:

Increase injuries back at a realistic rate.

Reward consistency I.E. make it harder to gain tactic familiarity if there are constant changes, cohesion should be harder to obtain if there are constant roster movement.

These things could be options at the beginning of a save where you set up a league.

Streamer doing Bath City? Oh hi.

1 hour ago, doctorbenjy said:

Streamer doing Bath City? Oh hi.

Indeed. You might have to dig them out; I linked 2 above, including Dan Coady who's managing AirbusUK and Lisburn Distillery. I always follow Lollujo's journeyman saves - now for the beta he's managing Chelsea, so I'm not bothering with that, but it's fair enough to demonstrate and get the hang of new features with a top team. Myself, as a potless lower league manager with a very small squad of numpties, the squad planner, data hub improvements and scouting/recruitment are irrelevant for me, but that's just how I play the game.

From the perspective of someone who hasn't missed an FM issue, it generally is hard to keep the game challenging all the time, when you know ropes, tricks and how the game breathes in a way, so I am always hoping for it to be harder. I also feel that the game does traditionally get harder with the updates, so I am not worried about it being a bit easier for my liking in the beta phase. 

I've managed to finish a season with West Ham, and I've finished 3rd, though I drew with Aston Villa in the last round and could've easily been second. Media prediction for West Ham is 8th, but as an experienced player I do usually beat the predictions in the first season anyway. Still, I don't feel my team should've been so dominant, especially at home (I had only 2 draws at home the whole season), as I brought in a lot of players (on top of what already came to at summer) who ddn't gel together untill the very end. 

Also the quality of my team in comparison to some others who failed big time was I think worse, even though I understand these things can happen in football, I've definitely been feeling that my 4-3-3 DM Wide setup has been overpowered for years, and I've felt that is the case in the beta version of 2023 too. The fact that I had scored 88 goals and finished in the 3rd place, while in comparison Man City scored 83 in real life Premiere League season 20/21 maybe suggests that the number of goals my team scored made that crucial difference that shouldnt have put me in the Champions League straight away :)

Besides the final League table of my first season, Im also uploading a screen of my FA Cup match against Man City, that had me 1-2 down at one moment, and with 10 men on the pitch since I already made all 5 subs before Gagliardini got taken off injured. Whenever Im 10 men down I never ever defend and now it's proven useful again, but to score 4 goals with one man down, it felt too easy hapening and I didn't really know why. They had their first team up against me, with Haaland and everyone, so it felt unrealistic.

The new season has started a bit slower for me though, I drew with Brentford, and lost points on two other occasions, but then beat Monaco in CL 5-0 at home... Maybe it's the goals that need to be adjusted, I don't know, but to go back to the initial arguement, as and old school FM addict I'm always up for new, harder challenges that will make us search for answers again, and not stay in the comfort zones of the tactics that we feel will work on any team, given the time and right transfers :) 

Btw, I also won the Conference league and lost the FA Cup final to Man Utd, but the Leagu position kind of felt undeserved....as did Chelsea and Tottenham's final places too lol.

table.png

man city.png

Edited by Casual

3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Also the quality of my team in comparison to some others who failed big time was I think worse

Interestingly, I've just played West Ham and they were by far the toughest team I've played against in my game.  I even managed to beat Man City away (somehow?) and Haaland caused far fewer problems for me than Scamacca.  He even scored a "perfect" hat trick.  We never stood a chance.

3.PNG.c7d9e289119841d022e283eabbe564b0.PNG

7 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Interestingly, I've just played West Ham and they were by far the toughest team I've played against in my game.  I even managed to beat Man City away (somehow?) and Haaland caused far fewer problems for me than Scamacca.  He even scored a "perfect" hat trick.  We never stood a chance.

Scamacca was pretty good, 27 overall 16 in the league, but Soucek 25 (15) and Zouma 14 (10) were less expected, thoug Soucek is a penalty shoter, and Zouma exploits the near-post corners setup that I always use :) 

checked steam achievements, it seems game is easier now, than it was 5 years ago.

look at achievements of FM22 compared to10 year average

1. more users have long winning streaks, undefeated in 20 - 30 matches

2. it is easier to get overachiever medal or win manager of the month

on other hand, longevity achievements were down on FM22. 

Based on that, SI made their game easier, but game is less "sticky". Players have shorter saves

But hey, they beat sales records every year...so no worries here :)

image.png.ec1e91d887697f76221418bc155e03e8.png

What make this years version more difficult than previous versions is the inability to sign youth with "approach to sign" or even paying their clauses, that makes it much harder sure up new talent. If you are managing a team that have a low transfer budget  that will impact the difficulty even more. I don't like it but kind of understand it, its was one of the more fun things with FM. Its not impossible now but, much, much harder

Edited by eye-switcher

16 hours ago, priority76 said:

3.PNG.c7d9e289119841d022e283eabbe564b0.PNG

I had problems with them too. Scamacca pimp slapped my defense a couple of times.

11 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

I had problems with them too. Scamacca pimp slapped my defense a couple of times.

Yes he seems like a bit of a beast in this years game.  Although part of the problem is the Man Utd defence is totally spineless.  I 've shipped 12 goals in the last four games!

4.PNG.676769b6504340d33492433ce46f1533.PNG

Edited by priority76

14 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

What make this years version more difficult than previous versions is the inability to sign youth with "approach to sign" or even paying their clauses, that makes it much harder sure up new talent. If you are managing a team that have a low transfer budget  that will impact the difficulty even more. I don't like it but kind of understand it, its was one of the more fun things with FM. Its not impossible now but, much, much harder

This and that prices for players have increased beyond measure this year. Some players have price tags twice the amount of last season.

If this persists, then I might look to see what mods are on offer to even things out.

It might be more realistic, but is it fun? I think not - especially if and when the AI doesn't have to follow the same rules. 

4 hours ago, priority76 said:

Yes he seems like a bit of a beast in this years game.  Although part of the problem is the Man Utd defence is totally spineless.  I 've shipped 12 goals in the last four games!

4.PNG.676769b6504340d33492433ce46f1533.PNG

Wow, that's strange. I had my problems defensively too in the first season but most times I managed to outscore the opposition easily thanks to Ronaldo, Fernandes and Sancho.

43 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

I managed to outscore the opposition easily thanks to Ronaldo, Fernandes and Sancho.

What role do you play Ronaldo as? He's only scored 7 in 23 for me and that's only as high as it is because he takes penalties.

3.PNG.5c35c127c600ba94558927b2bfdafd62.PNG  

Bruno Fernandes has been useless.

4.PNG.d55f345a4f9abef25fef8e6c51586fb4.PNG

Mind you both don't seem to like me much.

5.PNG.a3fcec9de05376bf23779883f1bd827c.PNG

Edited by priority76

I'm having a torrid time in Portugal, i took over Nacional in the second division, I took over as usual Sunday league and no badges. brought in wonderkid loans and made some shrewd signings, i have a very young team, set up my tactics from last year very high press, try and control matches. I used some of the extra directions trap inside and positive mentality. Had a dodgy spell at first whilst the players settled together, came back strong and went a run finished 2nd and got promoted. Strengthened the side pretty well, i've notice my side can't pass the ball or control it, they can't shoot (wild shots over the bar) they are slow, and after expecting a mid table finished i haven't won a match in 15 games. drew a few of them but i cannot get anything out of them, changed tactics and mentality and the defensive line, whatever i do the team doesn't carry out anything.

Screenshot (26).png

28 minutes ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

I'm having a torrid time in Portugal, i took over Nacional in the second division, I took over as usual Sunday league and no badges. brought in wonderkid loans and made some shrewd signings, i have a very young team, set up my tactics from last year very high press, try and control matches. I used some of the extra directions trap inside and positive mentality. Had a dodgy spell at first whilst the players settled together, came back strong and went a run finished 2nd and got promoted. Strengthened the side pretty well, i've notice my side can't pass the ball or control it, they can't shoot (wild shots over the bar) they are slow, and after expecting a mid table finished i haven't won a match in 15 games. drew a few of them but i cannot get anything out of them, changed tactics and mentality and the defensive line, whatever i do the team doesn't carry out anything.

Screenshot (26).png

:eek: count your blessings you still got a role at the club

16 minutes ago, priority76 said:

That all looks pretty depressing 😁.  How have you not been sacked?

I'm going to be i haven't been brought in yet for that extra month, there is no saving this job, other games i've been able to do it. 

Any advice do player instructions complicate things? or team instructions?  Do you guys have player take risk or shoot more etc?

Screenshot (27).png

Edited by wilfyRJM1979
Picture

1 hour ago, priority76 said:

What role do you play Ronaldo as? He's only scored 7 in 23 for me and that's only as high as it is because he takes penalties.

3.PNG.5c35c127c600ba94558927b2bfdafd62.PNG  

Bruno Fernandes has been useless.

4.PNG.d55f345a4f9abef25fef8e6c51586fb4.PNG

Mind you both don't seem to like me much.

5.PNG.a3fcec9de05376bf23779883f1bd827c.PNG

I played Ronaldo as Advance Forward and Bruno as a Shadow Striker and Sancho and Rashford as Inside Forwards and they scored butt loads of goals for me.

I hope this gets fixed i'm now on the worst run ever and i've been playing since Championship Manager 93. My strikers are good, yet the can't shoot, they tap the ball or scoop it in the air. the only players who seem to do anything are the defence, i'm sure they have gone with a structure now where you only get results by playing 5 or 3 at the back. 3 at the back with 2 wing  backs or a flat 5. I'm going to try and bring a sweeper system from the 80s into it. when will it update around midnight?

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (30).png

31 minutes ago, wilfyRJM1979 said:

I hope this gets fixed

Why does everyone blame the game when they can't win? 

Multiple users on this thread alone have complained the game is too easy. If you're failing that miserably, it's definitely down to you I'm afraid. Post your tactic and instructions in the tactics forum and see if anyone can help you. 

Your players morale will also be rock bottom, hence missing easier chances than normal or struggling in midfield. Try a team meeting, or schedule a team bonding session in training, or even organise a friendly against a local side when you have space in your schedule. 

But there's clearly something going on tactically there, unless you just don't have good enough players of course. More information needed.