FM23 signing youth

Getting a bit frustrated with this, got Forest in the top 4 in the third season during the Jan window and I've found 4/5 promising youngsters from clubs such as Partizan, Roda, Gremio. So not exactly PSG or City and they have absolutely no interest in the move.

Makes absolutely no sense.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, SavoNFFC said:

Getting a bit frustrated with this, got Forest in the top 4 in the third season during the Jan window and I've found 4/5 promising youngsters from clubs such as Partizan, Roda, Gremio. So not exactly PSG or City and they have absolutely no interest in the move.

I fully agree that this unwillingness to change clubs has been tuned to an unenjoyable extreme.

With that said I also believe that young players from the EU should be harder to persuade to switch to foreign outside leagues (even ones such as the EPL).

On 28/02/2023 at 09:42, shrewsbury said:

I don’t usually have a problem signing youngsters if i declare interest in them before opening contract talks with them.

This. Plus bothering to scout, analyse, and tap up the agent all seem to give a better idea of whether or why it is or is not likely to be viable.

It may still be a little overtuned, but I'm looking at real life transfers and genuinely not seeing that many young foreign players choose to move to the UK either given a lot of examples given are of UK clubs not being able to sign young foreigners.

On 27/02/2023 at 21:49, SavoNFFC said:

Makes absolutely no sense.

On 28/02/2023 at 09:28, Baodan said:

I fully agree that this unwillingness to change clubs has been tuned to an unenjoyable extreme.

With that said I also believe that young players from the EU should be harder to persuade to switch to foreign outside leagues (even ones such as the EPL).

On 01/03/2023 at 22:28, CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon said:

This. Plus bothering to scout, analyse, and tap up the agent all seem to give a better idea of whether or why it is or is not likely to be viable.

It may still be a little overtuned, but I'm looking at real life transfers and genuinely not seeing that many young foreign players choose to move to the UK either given a lot of examples given are of UK clubs not being able to sign young foreigners.

Well part of the issue here is they need to be 18 to move to the UK, unlike many places in Europe where it is only 16...

Also Brexit...

The main problem lies in the game not actually telling you this, or giving a good enough explanation as to them 'not being interested'.

Weighing on this, it's clearly a design decision the developers have deliberately made. It's obviously a workaround design to prevent you from buying up all the 5-star regens when they're 15. Its effect is that it ruins the fun of scouting young foreign players. It is also unrealistic.

The premise that a 17-year-old player from an unknown team in South America has zero interest in moving to Man Utd is clearly unrealistic. The idea that 'Brexit' or work permit rules such as int caps or league quality would prevent Man Utd from signing a hot prospect from South America is clearly preposterous. If this were the case, we wouldn't have U-21 squads across the top flight rammed full of players from every corner of the globe.

It's a broad-brush solution to a feature of real-life football that is perceived as an 'exploit' in the context of the game. Its lazy implementation ruins both realism and fun. If you want to create obstacles to signing up all the regens in order to balance the game a bit, the obstacles need to be both more realistic and more surmountable. Maybe 1 in 10 South American youths will actually sign a pre-contract with you. Maybe they're all homesick so will require higher wages. Make navigating these obstacles part of the game. Put a little effort into it.

8 ore fa, Chooxen ha scritto:

Weighing on this, it's clearly a design decision the developers have deliberately made. It's obviously a workaround design to prevent you from buying up all the 5-star regens when they're 15. Its effect is that it ruins the fun of scouting young foreign players. It is also unrealistic.

The premise that a 17-year-old player from an unknown team in South America has zero interest in moving to Man Utd is clearly unrealistic. The idea that 'Brexit' or work permit rules such as int caps or league quality would prevent Man Utd from signing a hot prospect from South America is clearly preposterous. If this were the case, we wouldn't have U-21 squads across the top flight rammed full of players from every corner of the globe.

It's a broad-brush solution to a feature of real-life football that is perceived as an 'exploit' in the context of the game. Its lazy implementation ruins both realism and fun. If you want to create obstacles to signing up all the regens in order to balance the game a bit, the obstacles need to be both more realistic and more surmountable. Maybe 1 in 10 South American youths will actually sign a pre-contract with you. Maybe they're all homesick so will require higher wages. Make navigating these obstacles part of the game. Put a little effort into it.

The fact that 1 in 10, or even more do sign for you.

As soon as i got my reputation going, i have been signing under 18 foreigners for Udinese in Italy on a regular basis. I'd say about 3 out of 10 now are willing to consider the move since i moved to 4 star reputation (now 4 and 1/2)

Playing as Salzburg, a club that is well known for developing youngsters and being a stepping stone to the top 5 leagues. I cannot buy or sign ANY youngsters atm, its super frustrating. Between 16-18 years, everyone tells me they dont think its the right step for them.

On 05/03/2023 at 08:39, Raymond85 said:

The fact that 1 in 10, or even more do sign for you.

As soon as i got my reputation going, i have been signing under 18 foreigners for Udinese in Italy on a regular basis. I'd say about 3 out of 10 now are willing to consider the move since i moved to 4 star reputation (now 4 and 1/2)

In 3 seasons playing as Man Utd, I was only able to sign one player under 18 from abroad, who was himself only a few weeks away from being 18. I think in the English league system it may actually be hardcoded that you can't sign any. I'd like to know if anyone's actually managed it.