[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

Worked on another few panels this evening to fit in with that overarching theme. The team chemistry overview.xml panel is a nightmare!!

c2cb5092913c3b7b343588f48b6548b0.png

f16413a2c1d24d7d6bacd084cc633ad1.png

6875269dcc443b92ee11250b159e9199.png

Again, they are overview screens that have some links to other panels (that's ongoing) but showing the information in a matching way to elsewhere in the skin. These are at 85% but the 100% zoom works too, meaning that a zoomed out lower res would still work here.

Edited by _Ben_

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Appreciate the feedback. I use these icon links in the player profile and will, at some point, be building them into these kind of panels because I want to try something other than tabs!

38b10947eba4d5754b232e9cc9ac6b63.gif

This is ace.

On 29/04/2023 at 20:37, _Ben_ said:

Appreciate the feedback. I use these icon links in the player profile and will, at some point, be building them into these kind of panels because I want to try something other than tabs!

38b10947eba4d5754b232e9cc9ac6b63.gif

If tried that it would end up with a blank screen. :D

I will stick to the graphics side of things. 

It looks really good. @_Ben_

My latest colour scheme , credit to tato (woz?) for most of the panels. 

b88f52e63a02fda4f5d68f17dd0bd5ce.png

5 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

If tried that it would end up with a blank screen. :D

I will stick to the graphics side of things. 

It looks really good. @_Ben_

My latest colour scheme , credit to tato (woz?) for most of the panels. 

b88f52e63a02fda4f5d68f17dd0bd5ce.png

Found that zooming to 95% is much better.

31589fe0759f3d6dc5fc276371895a37.png

14 hours ago, hyrule_king said:

I can dm you a copy if you like, but don't share it as it has alot of other peoples work in there. @makul

If you know the skin should not be shared and only used for personal use as it contains things from other people without there permission.
You should imho not share it at all, as you have no longer any control of who shares what, even if they said they would not

I know this has been up before and driven many Skin makers away, please in the future, be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

This is all my humble opinion.

Thanks and have a nice day

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

If you know the skin should not be shared and only used for personal use as it contains things from other people without there permission.
You should imho not share it at all, as you have no longer any control of who shares what, even if they said they would not

I know this has been up before and driven many Skin makers away, please in the future, be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

I appreciate your opinion but disagree. Most skins out there were adapted from other skins , so in essence your saying that no skin should be shared and only pictures shown on here and not shared.

I always try and thank people for their own hard work , especially the more complex coding side. I am ok with most of it but struggle with other bits. 

You would almost have to go back to when the first non SI skin was done. If these don't get shared then there is really no point in this subsection of the forum.  

10 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

I appreciate your opinion but disagree. Most skins out there were adapted from other skins , so in essence your saying that no skin should be shared and only pictures shown on here and not shared.

I always try and thank people for their own hard work , especially the more complex coding side. I am ok with most of it but struggle with other bits. 

You would almost have to go back to when the first non SI skin was done. If these don't get shared then there is really no point in this subsection of the forum.  

I believe you're reading my comment wrongly..
All i'm saying is what you said yourself to the people you may or may not have shared the skin with * but don't share it as it has alot of other peoples work in there.* which in my eyes means that you havnt asked for permission to share there work

and therefor imo you should use the skin for personal use and not share it as you can't control if they share it afterwards

Thats what i'm saying - and you can ofc do what you want to do. 
it wasnt an attack on you, just my opinion :)  

Edited by snowofman

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

I believe you're reading my comment wrongly..
All i'm saying is what you said yourself to the people you may or may not have shared the skin with * but don't share it as it has alot of other peoples work in there.* which in my eyes means that you havnt asked for permission to share there work

and therefor imo you should use the skin for personal use and not share it as you can't control if they share it afterwards

Thats what i'm saying - and you can ofc do what you want to do. 
it wasnt an attack on you, just my opinion :)  

my apologies if mine came across a bit heavy. been a bad morning. sorry.

17 hours ago, snowofman said:

I've had this debate with many people, skinmakers included. My personal opinion is anything i create I don't mind being used by anyone as long as its not to make money. If ripping parts of my skin helps a skinmaker to learn the trade then i have no issues with them releasing a skin that has my code included. It is always nice to get a little credit though of course.

However I know many people don't feel that way which is why i've refused to release things before, out of respect for their opinion.

Speaking of which, been working some more on Assymetry23 :lol: 

image.thumb.png.072d6771c927406d874d9f6378e22588.png 

And no, before anyone asks this will never see the light of day, just a pet project to keep me in the mindset for when 24 comes out. I have plans for this years game ;)

7 hours ago, Drakestone said:

I've had this debate with many people, skinmakers included. My personal opinion is anything i create I don't mind being used by anyone as long as its not to make money. If ripping parts of my skin helps a skinmaker to learn the trade then i have no issues with them releasing a skin that has my code included. It is always nice to get a little credit though of course.

However I know many people don't feel that way which is why i've refused to release things before, out of respect for their opinion.

Speaking of which, been working some more on Assymetry23 :lol: 

image.thumb.png.072d6771c927406d874d9f6378e22588.png 

And no, before anyone asks this will never see the light of day, just a pet project to keep me in the mindset for when 24 comes out. I have plans for this years game ;)

Love it, getting the background colours behind the top title bar.

In my skin, I've made it imperative that you scout players that aren't yours - mainly by changing what you can see on an AI player profile. That has meant that I've had some significant input into the scouting/analyst panels. I'm currently seeking some advice/ideas for them. The landing page for scouting looks like this:

cecc91f07441a82bdf5907883e7e2d5c.png

Here, I can see the basics, including more info on the previous games that've been scouted as well as looking at the areas where he's doing well (gold for 90th+ percentile, blue for 75th-89th percentile). There is a row of linked headers across these panels that can take you to the other three screens involved and also back to the main AI profile page.

His analyst report looks like this:

1d42d0144426083a0fb01bc8676ab012.png

I've now got a little more in depth info on those stats - looking at exactly where he compares which is often useful to diagnose any weaker areas and then a comparison of how he compares to attacking mids across the top twenty divisions and lastly, on the right, the in-game analyst work. I can then move to his scout report:

541e9b8cb11d9d22d2e117c33439be8b.png

Again, fairly straightforward here.

I have also got the comparison panel, below, which I think looks really nice but causes me an issue:

b480f1e4ebb568a10c35c06256165910.png

I'm now returning to see the attributes in the normal style, which goes against the whole reason to scout and analyse and then still admit to taking a gamble. Now, for reference, I cannot do it to a player who is not scouted:

25af119a07d189fb6ffcfb22aaf0045d.png

But do you think that I should remove the comparison section from here or, in my favoured solution (albeit losing an aesthetically pleasing tab) be able to compare stats only:

b3a8c97258b3b5dda7c2137c794362f5.png

---

Thanks in advance!

Opinion canvassing time again.

Something I've always wanted is a way to have a split screen view on the squad panel - allowing you to select a player to see their profile.  I've found a way to do that, like so (I haven't fleshed out the profile/details bit yet):

image.thumb.png.7bdd9946ee26bb93b5e1c99a42d8b0cc.png

You'd still be able to have the usual views, resize columns, customise views, etc...

...but you wouldn't be able to right click or drag & drop to change lineup.  The only way you'd be able to change lineup is by clicking on the drop-down (see below) or through the tactics screen.  The tactics screen would also be the only place to use Quick Pick.

image.thumb.png.994857775b6b93f1eea0287f0710b6ce.png

Would this be something you'd want/use or would the lineup issues be a dealbreaker for you?

15 hours ago, GIMN said:

Something I've always wanted is a way to have a split screen view on the squad panel - allowing you to select a player to see their profile.  I've found a way to do that, like so (I haven't fleshed out the profile/details bit yet):

You'd still be able to have the usual views, resize columns, customise views, etc...

...but you wouldn't be able to right click or drag & drop to change lineup.  The only way you'd be able to change lineup is by clicking on the drop-down (see below) or through the tactics screen.  The tactics screen would also be the only place to use Quick Pick.

Would this be something you'd want/use or would the lineup issues be a dealbreaker for you?

This is a very cool idea dude but I have two reservations.

First is, like you mentioned, the lack of the ability to pick players by dragging and dropping. For me this is the primary way I manage my squad but others may operate differently.

The 2nd is the details you could or would show on a split screen could possibly negate the player pop up and/or the main player page. As much as it is great to have key information displayed on the squad page, I feel hovering over a player and/or clicking on the player to bring up their main profile does the same job and potentially with the ability to hold more information than a split screen could. You can also add all the information you may need on views anyway, generally.

It’s a very interesting idea, and anything that can add to the squad screen gets a thumbs up from me, but personally, I think I prefer the general vanilla functionality, although I would be very interested to see if this can be developed further.

Just my opinion of course.

19 hours ago, GIMN said:

Have you figured out what it is that prevents the right click on a player

3 hours ago, Tyburn said:

This is a very cool idea dude but I have two reservations.

First is, like you mentioned, the lack of the ability to pick players by dragging and dropping. For me this is the primary way I manage my squad but others may operate differently.

The 2nd is the details you could or would show on a split screen could possibly negate the player pop up and/or the main player page. As much as it is great to have key information displayed on the squad page, I feel hovering over a player and/or clicking on the player to bring up their main profile does the same job and potentially with the ability to hold more information than a split screen could. You can also add all the information you may need on views anyway, generally.

It’s a very interesting idea, and anything that can add to the squad screen gets a thumbs up from me, but personally, I think I prefer the general vanilla functionality, although I would be very interested to see if this can be developed further.

Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, I primarily use the squad page for lineup management, too, which is why I expect this to be a dealbreaker (also why I haven't fleshed out the mini profile any more).  That said, I was expecting more people to say that same!

Re: player popup.  That's a fair argument.  Personally, I dislike the popup.  It's cumbersome, covers up other information on the screen, and isn't very useful when you want to check back and forth between a few players.  But...I also recognise that everyone is different, hence wanting opinions.  I want more dissenting voices (as Twitter has been surprisingly receptive).

I should also make clear that other views utilise the full length of the screen, but still lose the right click to add/drop and drag & drop functions still don't work.

image.thumb.png.f1b0bb58c162402a4d5a7e2fbc8846d2.png

16 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Have you figured out what it is that prevents the right click on a player

Yes, it's the panel class.  To get the selected player details to forward to the side panel, I needed to change it to team_training_person_table_info_panel (but defined customisation_context as "play" so that you can have regular squad views).

7 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Yeah, I primarily use the squad page for lineup management, too, which is why I expect this to be a dealbreaker (also why I haven't fleshed out the mini profile any more).  That said, I was expecting more people to say that same!

Re: player popup.  That's a fair argument.  Personally, I dislike the popup.  It's cumbersome, covers up other information on the screen, and isn't very useful when you want to check back and forth between a few players.  But...I also recognise that everyone is different, hence wanting opinions.  I want more dissenting voices (as Twitter has been surprisingly receptive).

I should also make clear that other views utilise the full length of the screen, but still lose the right click to add/drop and drag & drop functions still don't work.

image.thumb.png.f1b0bb58c162402a4d5a7e2fbc8846d2.png

Yes, it's the panel class.  To get the selected player details to forward to the side panel, I needed to change it to team_training_person_table_info_panel (but defined customisation_context as "play" so that you can have regular squad views).

ahh okay. was just asking out of curiosity and if it was needed i could take a look..

But you have it sorted so all is good..

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

ahh okay. was just asking out of curiosity and if it was needed i could take a look..

But you have it sorted so all is good..

I suppose technically it's a feature, not a bug; as I believe it's the intended behaviour of the panel even if it's not what I want it to do :lol:

I've tried with swapping out differnt panels instead - so you could have the regular Squad panel and then the split panel as an alternative option under the tab bar menu - but it will only work if the panel being replaced shows the full squad as normal and allows you to filter across squads (senior, youth, etc...).  Feeling increasingly like another one of those ideas that will never quite come to fruition!

46 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Kinda working on some bits....

Capture.PNG.61645243ec4c76c03c5a380f3c344165.PNGleao.PNG.041b3a975d24b68df6aa81ed7c0e1765.PNGkane.PNG.3732d2af94ddcd6e4c74fffeeb9051bd.PNGmessi.PNG.1f88fba20584bf69764854de429ca8f9.PNG

Looking great.  Love the stadium image behind the player.

On 12/04/2023 at 11:50, _Ben_ said:

Thanks, like so many more times, to @GIMN for teaching me something new. I now have animated icon buttons to replace some of the 'double tabbed' containers:

2bab0248c62d50f2e3c788d70b695e3f.gif

where can i find the code for this ? if its available? 

29 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

If I'm not mistaken SItoolkit / classes has some animated classes (found on accident) 

<animation class="slide_in_right_animation" duration="0.5" tween="ease_out" high_priority="true" />

just look for animation classes (hope this helped)

Edited by JustHowie

5 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

If I'm not mistaken SItoolkit / classes has some animated classes (found on accident) 

just look for animation classes (hope this helped)

cheers i'll have a look see if i can figure how to tie it to custom buttons etc.

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

It's this approach here, but with multiple buttons and target containers:

I haven't tried with scale_animation, but with fade and slide animations added to each target container individually, they will fade/slide in and out as they are selected/deselected.

On 29/04/2023 at 20:52, wkdsoul said:

This is ace.

This makes sense, you have more horizontal space on a screen so cutting out the tabs for these vertical sidebars is a much better implementation and something SI should look at aswell.

Another little thing I'm working on - drill down graph in the Data Hub.  The idea being that you can click on an area in the polygon, and that takes you to more detailed information.

Having problems pulling through anything other than polygons, team scattergraphs or xG table at the moment.  Would like to be able to bring in the player scattergraphs if possible!

10 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Have you got these now? I can pick the one animation I use out when I’m back at my Pc later. I just switch between top, bottom, left or right’ for what I use.

6 hours ago, GIMN said:

Another little thing I'm working on - drill down graph in the Data Hub.  The idea being that you can click on an area in the polygon, and that takes you to more detailed information.

Having problems pulling through anything other than polygons, team scattergraphs or xG table at the moment.  Would like to be able to bring in the player scattergraphs if possible!

This is such a nice and amazing idea. I really like this

10 hours ago, GIMN said:

It's this approach here, but with multiple buttons and target containers:

I haven't tried with scale_animation, but with fade and slide animations added to each target container individually, they will fade/slide in and out as they are selected/deselected.

cheers ill have a look at this, see if i can replace my tab bar with a new sidebar menu look instead.

tried for a while to change the player history achievements page and replace the unusable dropdown menu with a table in the side container, but no luck. i think it's because i can't change properly files career job table and career job item

Spoiler

_2023-05-13_16-01-44.thumb.png.2a6f8ddeb99b925512f80a8ea6cb8c68.png

_2023-05-13_16-06-59.png.0ff839a50cba69bee37ca09b905d318b.png

_2023-05-13_18-47-17.thumb.png.cb48cc7fa57da47b7c21976f837a3438.png

Edited by Olas Nick

28 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

Some more stuff from my personal copy of TCS. Might reuse some of it for 24

image.thumb.png.740d9175c009a7d924068bd942fc91bb.png image.thumb.png.186b2329b8da8f639a8efa1a86d88e4a.png image.thumb.png.2e74766887108943837bcd34c85b0877.png

The loan screen looks so much better, optimized and "breathing. I really like the profile column on the left and of course, the color scheme and dark contrasts.

Edited by lugui