[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

26 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What panels are the individual heat maps in?

I've just taken these from match review panels. It's not the easiest to amend though...

<!--heat map-->
					<widget class="preselected_match_chalkboard_panel" id="pmcA" vertical="true" force_left_to_right_events="true" team_to_display="1" average_position_filter="1" aHiL="false"  wants_global_events="false"  enable_popup="false">
						<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
						<list id="chalkboard_events_to_display">
							<!-- Heatmap -->
							<integer value="42" />
							<!--Average position-->
							<integer value="62" />
						</list>
					</widget>
				</container>

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I've just taken these from match review panels. It's not the easiest to amend though...

<!--heat map-->
					<widget class="preselected_match_chalkboard_panel" id="pmcA" vertical="true" force_left_to_right_events="true" team_to_display="1" average_position_filter="1" aHiL="false"  wants_global_events="false"  enable_popup="false">
						<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
						<list id="chalkboard_events_to_display">
							<!-- Heatmap -->
							<integer value="42" />
							<!--Average position-->
							<integer value="62" />
						</list>
					</widget>
				</container>

I'm just trying to find the easiest panel to test before I start working on other panels. I guess, if it is going to be a match related panel, I could fire up a new save and use the friendly with my second XI to test them out and as the individual heat maps have the same orientation, it would give me less coding to try and understand to start with.

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

I’m not sure I’d use it but in the interest of learning - how?!

value based picture for the stat and point each at the image you want

Stadium backgrounds added, change with team. 

1.PNG.8b41f5e9134d8c2aaef613c613247019.PNG2.PNG.286cb542f74a277a15e0d46792d90a2a.PNG3.PNG.83beb013be52c7fe3759be0b1f44248a.PNGCapture.PNG.0195d6f4e901b6f8ba6045b01035d0b1.PNG

20 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

1.PNG.8b41f5e9134d8c2aaef613c613247019.PNG2.PNG.286cb542f74a277a15e0d46792d90a2a.PNG3.PNG.83beb013be52c7fe3759be0b1f44248a.PNGCapture.PNG.0195d6f4e901b6f8ba6045b01035d0b1.PNG

Guessing these wouldn't work with DF11, these look amazing

Edited by Jamie Aubrey

On 08/12/2022 at 20:21, wkdsoul said:

what about making the stadium backgrounds pictures larger to fill the whole card behind the player? I'm sure I would be annoyed by the top border/line of the image.

13 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Capture.PNG.5698875ef90a6d12ff10d435c27b79ec.PNG attack.webp.bdc31fa62f8ab697e598030b42f8bb1f.webp

Reworked this panel, could never understand why the went horizontal instead of vertical, such a waste of space.

Nice. The original in the horizontal style is one of the best examples of the waste of space in the whole default skin.

46 minutes ago, keysi said:

what about making the stadium backgrounds pictures larger to fill the whole card behind the player? I'm sure I would be annoyed by the top border/line of the image.

cant get it to fill the shape without appearing over the frame. 

hi guys,

just wanted to share my player overview panel. nothing too fancy, i've taken bits here and there from other skinners (the base is the material skin). I think there is still room for improvement, I can use better the space in the bottom area especially. I dont know how I changed the colour of the stars, honestly I like them more yellow :idiot:

Immagine.thumb.png.6d4aaf0a44e64d9f611136c98fa321f4.png

4 hours ago, mastelli said:

I can use better the space in the bottom area especially.

I believe that when you want to make better use of space, you should first decide what screen resolution you are counting on. in my opinion, the left panel is absolutely not suitable for 1920x1080, 1920x1200 and smaller, it is just a waste of space with a minimum of informativeness. also for a screen height of 1200 and less, you have too many vertical panels in the central part, and in the right part the functionality is generally partially duplicated

11 hours ago, mastelli said:

hi guys,

just wanted to share my player overview panel. nothing too fancy, i've taken bits here and there from other skinners (the base is the material skin). I think there is still room for improvement, I can use better the space in the bottom area especially. I dont know how I changed the colour of the stars, honestly I like them more yellow :idiot:

Immagine.thumb.png.6d4aaf0a44e64d9f611136c98fa321f4.png

can I get your skin ?

15 ore fa, Olas Nick ha scritto:

I believe that when you want to make better use of space, you should first decide what screen resolution you are counting on. in my opinion, the left panel is absolutely not suitable for 1920x1080, 1920x1200 and smaller, it is just a waste of space with a minimum of informativeness. also for a screen height of 1200 and less, you have too many vertical panels in the central part, and in the right part the functionality is generally partially duplicated

thank you for the feedback, much appreciated! i'm playing on 1920x1080. the left panel was the original one from the material skin, except for the grey box with the scout report and selector panel at the bottom, which I added because I love to get useless stuff in the player profile, like the team shirt (they are so beautiful I want to see them more). The overall idea is to get most of the information from the tabbed panel in the upper side (i've added bunch of panels as you can see). In the bottom area my idea was to add things I need for judging how my players are doing. Something that doesn't need lots of space (like a progress bar, or a fitness graph). I'll continue to tinker here and there and see how it goes!

8 ore fa, hoangbaotrung129 ha scritto:

can I get your skin ?

i'm sorry, it is a personal project, i've added so much stuff from other skinners that I don't even remember

On 04/11/2022 at 02:33, GIMN said:

I've developed the touchline tablet idea a little more.  No more notable events or dugout panel.  If you want information during the match you need to pull up the tablet.  If you're looking at the tablet, you're not able to focus fully on the game going on (it is also the only thing that appears in between highlights):

image.gif.79aa62637ce670000b0758c7ccf65297.gif

Wow this is really good

在 2022/12/21 在 AM1点29分, Olas Nick说:

after 3 years of work, my light skin is 95% ready. now fixes details not related to color (horrible quasi-3D pitch with tactics, icons, etc.)
now the main thing is not to start making changes just for the make changes :D1857372630_2022-12-1522_02_13-Window.thumb.png.85f0a26aa62b024341a86c05a165ab1a.png

Beauitful! Would you mind sharing your lineup panel.xml?:)

Edited by 追风去

There are some things with this year's skin I'm really happy with.  Others that I haven't quite got to where I want and need to develop further.  But nothing will beat the childish joy that editing my chosen start menu image has brought.

image.thumb.png.72e044ea169458007fc79c9ca895cb40.png

10 hours ago, Drakestone said:

It's nice to see newer skinners especially with new ideas. Its been decades in the making this mod community, many come and go. But the innovation is amazing guys!

there is nothing good about it, it means that the official skin is not suitable for use :D

Been playing around with trying to transform some stuff on the club page. I feel that the Profile and General are just too similar so I'm in the process of splitting one up into Team with a player focus and Team with a location focus.

cfebe9748f3a1ac134e37276a3d93197.png

cc657a9569eb71057d5ccd76c697b95e.png

I will try and get the city pictures involved here too and then it's just a case of seeing what I can separate out across the two pages whilst keeping that central spine of information as I have tried to do in other panels in my skin.

11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Been playing around with trying to transform some stuff on the club page. I feel that the Profile and General are just too similar so I'm in the process of splitting one up into Team with a player focus and Team with a location focus.

cfebe9748f3a1ac134e37276a3d93197.png

cc657a9569eb71057d5ccd76c697b95e.png

I will try and get the city pictures involved here too and then it's just a case of seeing what I can separate out across the two pages whilst keeping that central spine of information as I have tried to do in other panels in my skin.

I was going to suggest having city pics on the second screen. It isn't that hard to add (if you have the container for it). Totally agree with what you said about Profile and General being similar though. Out of curiosity, how did you change the tabs from 'Profile' and 'General' to 'Club Players' and 'Club Location'?

On this topic though, do you have any plans for the Nation Home panel in the future as that seems to get left out at times?

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I was going to suggest having city pics on the second screen. It isn't that hard to add (if you have the container for it). Totally agree with what you said about Profile and General being similar though. Out of curiosity, how did you change the tabs from 'Profile' and 'General' to 'Club Players' and 'Club Location'?

On this topic though, do you have any plans for the Nation Home panel in the future as that seems to get left out at times?

I downloaded a city pic pack and didn't really like it, to be honest. I have, therefore, settled with club staff and club information instead.

To change the names (and also to remove some - e.g. I don't have a Player Attributes panel, only Profile)

154971c5160b10bfacb009fe80a5a094.png

You need to be looking at persons section.xml and sections meta data.xml. They are both in the Sections subfolder. There is a myriad of stuff I haven't even considered in there yet.

As for national teams- the overview panel is horrible but I just have no interest in making it better as I literally never look at it. Shame as there is a lot of potential but never mind...

10 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I downloaded a city pic pack and didn't really like it, to be honest. I have, therefore, settled with club staff and club information instead.

To change the names (and also to remove some - e.g. I don't have a Player Attributes panel, only Profile)

154971c5160b10bfacb009fe80a5a094.png

You need to be looking at persons section.xml and sections meta data.xml. They are both in the Sections subfolder. There is a myriad of stuff I haven't even considered in there yet.

As for national teams- the overview panel is horrible but I just have no interest in making it better as I literally never look at it. Shame as there is a lot of potential but never mind...

The club overview & general sections look fantastic. In my personal opinion maybe a slight tweak to the club information. Not sure if its possible to do but maybe remove the Financial State, Season Ticket Holders & Social Media Followers and instead add Junior Coaching & Youth level. I feel that Junior Coaching is a big miss on both screens, and adding youth level when talking about club information/facilities seems like a no brainer.

Keep up the great work, its fantastic to see what you've been able to create with this skin.

1 hour ago, Watson156 said:

The club overview & general sections look fantastic. In my personal opinion maybe a slight tweak to the club information. Not sure if its possible to do but maybe remove the Financial State, Season Ticket Holders & Social Media Followers and instead add Junior Coaching & Youth level. I feel that Junior Coaching is a big miss on both screens, and adding youth level when talking about club information/facilities seems like a no brainer.

Keep up the great work, its fantastic to see what you've been able to create with this skin.

Great shout! Thanks for the idea. We don't use Youth Levels in Turkey but here are the new panels:

a0e440ca09dd951548c4591fe3d5c6ec.png

0ca96a90a299085da6136a987c8fff91.png

Still want to clean up the icons here though as I put them in a good time ago and I've learnt a bit more since then!

On 08/12/2022 at 18:36, wkdsoul said:

created a 'FIFA' value for player just to make the card similar enough.   (Yes i was that bored)

colours TBD

20221208182101_1.jpg.83e2badfcd4cbee7063e6586e8fc994c.jpg20221208182112_1.jpg.56a5e82cd50870299d09fc397e288ede.jpg20221208182123_1.jpg.de0bda343db798ffb18714c272c041e6.jpgCapture.PNG.d1da45d160594a5eecf870113d59a901.PNG

absoloutly love this

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Massive credit must go to @wkdsoul for sharing the FM21 panel that was tabbed and giving me a hand through some of this stuff, but I've had a bash at creating the tabbed tactics container...

efa875183aab3b3058aa282e7e1d1411.png

Player List

Individual Instructions

Substitute Comparisons

Let me know what you think!

Before anyone goes looking in 21, it ain’t there I made this,but use bens it’s much nicer

11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Let me know what you think!

i think width subs panel too large
maybe make it horizontal, like in a match, and place it at the bottom of the pitch
there is also plenty of free space for other information. maybe the date of the next match and opponent, statistics of previous meetings, ...

12 hours ago, Olas Nick said:

i think width subs panel too large
maybe make it horizontal, like in a match, and place it at the bottom of the pitch
there is also plenty of free space for other information. maybe the date of the next match and opponent, statistics of previous meetings, ...

Just need to work out how to pull through the next fixture information (the panel works but just doesn't find any fixtures) but I'm quite happy with this. Thanks for the little ideas...

23c6d520b0f88e69c46e5a8836ac79fd.png

The cyan border is something I've repeated across my skin and - whilst not to all tastes - splits things up, for me. I've got a little bit more info but I'd still like more opposition stuff there so I can make changes based on what I've seen that they will do.

39 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Just need to work out how to pull through the next fixture information (the panel works but just doesn't find any fixtures) but I'm quite happy with this. Thanks for the little ideas...

23c6d520b0f88e69c46e5a8836ac79fd.png

The cyan border is something I've repeated across my skin and - whilst not to all tastes - splits things up, for me. I've got a little bit more info but I'd still like more opposition stuff there so I can make changes based on what I've seen that they will do.

Brilliant work. I hope SI take some inspiration from this, as it can be a real game changer and maybe change up the way the game looks and plays. The UI/UX has been largely the same...forever?

9 hours ago, (sic) said:

Brilliant work. I hope SI take some inspiration from this, as it can be a real game changer and maybe change up the way the game looks and plays. The UI/UX has been largely the same...forever?

Thanks!

You’re right - the panel design has been fairly static for years but can you remember when the players were just squares on maybe FM12/13? It’s progressed since then.

I do think that, overall, there is scope for much more progress in the skinning category but kind of understand, with it all being open and accessible to edit (like custom leagues), that it’s unlikely to change when the community can do that. 

11 hours ago, (sic) said:

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks!

You’re right - the panel design has been fairly static for years but can you remember when the players were just squares on maybe FM12/13? It’s progressed since then.

I do think that, overall, there is scope for much more progress in the skinning category but kind of understand, with it all being open and accessible to edit (like custom leagues), that it’s unlikely to change when the community can do that. 

the reason the default ones are the way they are is resizabilty, try go into windowed mode and make yours as small as possible 

1 minute ago, bluestillidie00 said:

the reason the default ones are the way they are is resizabilty, try go into windowed mode and make yours as small as possible 

I guessed so! I have quite a big screen resolution so can get away with it and the code that I’ve used does not look like it’ll work well with a smaller one - before I even get into the game to try that. 

Doesn’t help that I have never quite been able to get the old ‘hide this panel if resolution is too low’ thing to work, as it could help a little here. Probably will be something that I’d have to remove to release a proper ‘low res skin.’