[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Finally had a look to see if I could make a heat map darker, as the original ones do my head in. Turns out, you can!

Old and New individual:

7f736c40132581178f95ee02ea638bbd.png 60d4cf09b3b908c8c133e20d1ad673f6.png

Old and new team:

9beee37271873b651be8b1f239d2f2cc.png f60c3f2de555b0c74c7dde2f87ae9a0d.png

Oh wow.  That feels like a game changer (at least for those of us who want to use individual heatmaps) - would you fancy sharing the secret?

43 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Oh wow.  That feels like a game changer (at least for those of us who want to use individual heatmaps) - would you fancy sharing the secret?

It was rather easy, actually! Just changed the amount of edge blend on these...

f5c76ad947009960f83d6ad065e9b52f.png

graphics/icons/custom is where I have them!

heat map.rar

Lots of other progress on my skin this weekend, too:

305d4fba69381c9416be833ceb22849c.png

I think I made the mistake of putting too much in there, so just minimising it a little has helped. Still plenty to access through the tabs at the bottom and the stats are still front and centre like I wanted. Whilst I was trying to create the background to go behind the player face, I also got a cheeky little homepage logo mocked up, which I can work on over time.

Anything I'm missing or doing really badly here?

On 26/10/2022 at 20:24, BlackS0ull said:

Amazing skin !!! I'm already using, however I have a quick question. In the picture down below I can't see the current ability (STARS) / future ability (STARS) is there any way to fix this? I can edit something to make them appear?

Thank you again for this wonderful skin!

Screenshot 2022-10-26 222351.png

is this skin available please?

Last little thing I've been playing with tonight is making the xG markers look a little more like what you see in infographics around at the moment.

Old to new:

412fb72d0cbb001b99177625c3fc659d.png  5b7e134f2d5e851e7e934598c5e755c4.png

Need to look at how I can change the colour of the dots and would, ideally, want to change the size of the dependent on xG level but that doesn't feel like it'll happen. I’d also like to make the pitch area green too, so will need to find the panel that controls that.

Also snuck in a cheeky logo matching my skin name, too...

Edited by _Ben_

On 27/11/2022 at 19:57, _Ben_ said:

Lots of other progress on my skin this weekend, too:

305d4fba69381c9416be833ceb22849c.png

I think I made the mistake of putting too much in there, so just minimising it a little has helped. Still plenty to access through the tabs at the bottom and the stats are still front and centre like I wanted. Whilst I was trying to create the background to go behind the player face, I also got a cheeky little homepage logo mocked up, which I can work on over time.

Anything I'm missing or doing really badly here?

This is amazing, i was asked early doors for a starless/attributeless skin but this is another level of stat stuff. 

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Reworked home page done.  I kinda prefer the all summary button view for lower resolutions than the more detailed view available at higher resolutions, but I doubt that opinion is shared.  

image.thumb.png.5de267fec5469335472fbae644e4d91d.png

image.thumb.png.3733b5a045843292eb13f4a106bead10.png

image.thumb.png.acda80d623036d5ef409ef81ac3ad22c.png

Not for me, but I like the effort and the originality! Keep it up!

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Reworked home page done.  I kinda prefer the all summary button view for lower resolutions than the more detailed view available at higher resolutions, but I doubt that opinion is shared.  

image.thumb.png.5de267fec5469335472fbae644e4d91d.png

image.thumb.png.3733b5a045843292eb13f4a106bead10.png

image.thumb.png.acda80d623036d5ef409ef81ac3ad22c.png

The amount of work you've put into it as absolute amazing and it looks nice

No matter what yo do or how hard you try, it's impossible to make everyone happy, you'll always have the ppl "asbolute amazing skin, best there is (but could not do this and that) :D "

What matters is that you're happy with it and wanna use what you've created, keep up the good work.

On 30/11/2022 at 16:31, mortiis7 said:

For me there is nothing even close to this!

-link removed-

What can I say about Flut... There are 2-3 panels with a good idea that can be replicated in a custom skin. But in general, the skin is overloaded with unnecessary information, has a terrible source code (resulting in slowness), some panels are changed just for the sake of change. And most importantly... She's dark, it's terrible :)

Edited by Olas Nick

11 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Awaiting the okay from @FMStag but, after a chat with @wkdsoul, decided to add the comparative stats to the tabbed area at the bottom. The layout and how it looks is still very much a WIP, particularly on the right hand side as I don't really feel the need for two positional indicators.

08c4ef4b5d8756bba6d3c4351879fe68.png

You could have the 2nd/3rd polygon for each role instead? there is defensive, balanced and offensive polygon for most of the roles.  i can DM you the list/code

3 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

You could have the 2nd/3rd polygon for each role instead? there is defensive, balanced and offensive polygon for most of the roles.  i can DM you the list/code

Ooh, the polygon would look great! Yes, please. Send those over if you don't mind.

33 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Attributeless & Starless skin request. (featuring the wonder match day panels from WTS :) ) https://t.co/xnBK4kZCL9

20221204143624_1.thumb.jpg.544fb13cb090cfe6e4f46c99f17bbdef.jpg

Really like how you got this in! Such a quick check - is x player performing well? ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and you’re done. 

Edit: just be warned - in CB stats, interceptions is pulling the value from blocks so will need changing post what I sent you. 

Edited by _Ben_

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Really like how you got this in! Such a quick check - is x player performing well? ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and you’re done. 

Edit: just be warned - in CB stats, interceptions is pulling the value from blocks so will need changing post what I sent you. 

This is a very nice player panel.

Data Hub done

Low-Res Scrolling

image.gif.7a819842e7d0b1ec171415d2a6abe898.gif

High-Res Static

image.thumb.png.73677522ea17d7254d5f4e44e2f31a76.png

Also found the FM Touch "Hide Inbox List" button, so added for lower resolutions to allow toggling for extra width (might get rid of the unread messages counter, though, as it's kinda redundant):

image.thumb.png.4db101fb6f28e772b6d92b5244f718b3.png

27 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Data Hub done

Low-Res Scrolling

image.gif.7a819842e7d0b1ec171415d2a6abe898.gif

High-Res Static

image.thumb.png.73677522ea17d7254d5f4e44e2f31a76.png

Also found the FM Touch "Hide Inbox List" button, so added for lower resolutions to allow toggling for extra width (might get rid of the unread messages counter, though, as it's kinda redundant):

image.thumb.png.4db101fb6f28e772b6d92b5244f718b3.png

nice work, have the inbox button in my wip skin too. weirdly useful 

2 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I was genuinely surprised it was hidden.  It feels like a must have, especially for lower resolutions.  It's a shame that you can't click the unread messages icon to move to the next unread message.

55 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I was genuinely surprised it was hidden.  It feels like a must have, especially for lower resolutions.  It's a shame that you can't click the unread messages icon to move to the next unread message.

there's a next unread button on controller so it makes sense for it to not be clickable. i get what you're saying tho 

On 02/12/2022 at 08:46, Olas Nick said:

What can I say about Flut... There are 2-3 panels with a good idea that can be replicated in a custom skin. But in general, the skin is overloaded with unnecessary information, has a terrible source code (resulting in slowness), some panels are changed just for the sake of change. And most importantly... She's dark, it's terrible :)

well FLUT skin was the reason why i bought FM23 so..that says enough

21 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

can you use it to hide other panels? (thinking team instructions panel on the tactics overview)

15 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

can you use it to hide other panels? (thinking team instructions panel on the tactics overview)

haven't tested, though i think it's id driven so i doubt it. You can try a regular collapsible box?

In what might be my most ridiculous idea yet, I've revamped the staff profile screen.  Combined job suitability with level of interest - reduced each role down to a single "technical" attribute and greyed out roles they are not interested in (partially greyed out for "some interest").  Created some divergent bar charts, too, and tried to find some positive descriptors for low scores in certain characteristics.  Definitely want a better term than "casual" for low tactical knowledge, but there doesn't seem to be a translation id for "instinctive".

image.thumb.png.2a58b30ccf0e25d46e89695fffb9db45.png

And finally finished adjusting for higher resolutions.  I wanted to move the map/knowledge down and add the tactical style information into the "Character" box, but it didn't like me calling the map twice within the code.  Ah well.

image.thumb.png.a674462c218d0242cac4985b6801d3c7.png

Edited by GIMN
High res screenshot

13 hours ago, GIMN said:

In what might be my most ridiculous idea yet, I've revamped the staff profile screen.  Combined job suitability with level of interest - reduced each role down to a single "technical" attribute and greyed out roles they are not interested in (partially greyed out for "some interest").  Created some divergent bar charts, too, and tried to find some positive descriptors for low scores in certain characteristics.  Definitely want a better term than "casual" for low tactical knowledge, but there doesn't seem to be a translation id for "instinctive".

image.thumb.png.2a58b30ccf0e25d46e89695fffb9db45.png

And finally finished adjusting for higher resolutions.  I wanted to move the map/knowledge down and add the tactical style information into the "Character" box, but it didn't like me calling the map twice within the code.  Ah well.

image.thumb.png.a674462c218d0242cac4985b6801d3c7.png

I must admit, I am a big fan of this panel, especially the 'Character' portion. How do those bar charts actually work? Because they are a nice addition.

10 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I must admit, I am a big fan of this panel, especially the 'Character' portion. How do those bar charts actually work? Because they are a nice addition.

Value based image, with 4 different images - all the way left for poor (1-5), half way left for average (6-10), half way right for good (11-15), all the way right for excellent (16-20)

6 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Value based image, with 4 different images - all the way left for poor (1-5), half way left for average (6-10), half way right for good (11-15), all the way right for excellent (16-20)

when you say there is no translation id for instinctive, you know you can remove the id & numbers and just type whatever the hell you want in the value? 

Just now, wkdsoul said:

when you say there is no translation id for instinctive, you know you can remove the id & numbers and just type whatever the hell you want in the value? 

Aye, and I have in other areas (mainly for the banal "marketing" content on my club info/pseudo club website page), but if I can find something that will translate for non-English users I will.  Big "If", though.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

Aye, and I have in other areas (mainly for the banal "marketing" content on my club info/pseudo club website page), but if I can find something that will translate for non-English users I will.  Big "If", though.

Ah right ok. I thought you meant no id number for instinctive. 

Just now, wkdsoul said:

Ah right ok. I thought you meant no id number for instinctive. 

It's a fun guessing game.  Open the language example file and then try and guess what words might exist as single word translations in game.  "Disciplined" is surprisingly absent.

3 minutes ago, GIMN said:

It's a fun guessing game.  Open the language example file and then try and guess what words might exist as single word translations in game.  "Disciplined" is surprisingly absent.

Damn, they'd hate mine i put short names in to fit space.   Home Rep / World Rep  became Fame/Brand in one panel 

54 minutes ago, GIMN said:

easiest way i find is search

": word["

the ":" catches the semi colon at the end of the language file, which makes sure the actual word is the first word in the phrase. The "[" catches the dev comment so it makes sure the last letter you search  is the last letter in the search. 

1 minute ago, bluestillidie00 said:

easiest way i find is search

": word["

the ":" catches the semi colon at the end of the language file, which makes sure the actual word is the first word in the phrase. The "[" catches the dev comment so it makes sure the last letter you search  is the last letter in the search. 

That's the exact trick I use, and it's quite reassuring to discover that I'm following the same approach as people who actually know what they're doing!!  I suppose the follow up question, is there a way of adding new strings?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

That's the exact trick I use, and it's quite reassuring to discover that I'm following the same approach as people who actually know what they're doing!!  I suppose the follow up question, is there a way of adding new strings?

never tried it, but yeah i don't see why not, though i don't really see the point myself 

On 27/11/2022 at 16:21, _Ben_ said:

Finally had a look to see if I could make a heat map darker, as the original ones do my head in. Turns out, you can!

Old and New individual:

7f736c40132581178f95ee02ea638bbd.png 60d4cf09b3b908c8c133e20d1ad673f6.png

Old and new team:

9beee37271873b651be8b1f239d2f2cc.png f60c3f2de555b0c74c7dde2f87ae9a0d.png

What panels are the individual heat maps in?