[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

image.png.88b34b2bf2f6402c0a258dae79684e3b.png

I'm making progress on adjusting both TOP and SIDEBAR to be the same color (club, competition, etc), however, I'm having trouble understanding where and how to edit the client object browser.xml so that I can merge these lines at the top and on the right hand side, making the thing a single screen. My idea is to try to remove that visual sense of margins/boxed and blend the whole thing.

I think that visually observing it makes more sense than describing it, Does anyone know how to do it, any help will be valid.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by lugui

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, lugui said:

image.png.88b34b2bf2f6402c0a258dae79684e3b.png

I'm making progress on adjusting both TOP and SIDEBAR to be the same color (club, competition, etc), however, I'm having trouble understanding where and how to edit the client object browser.xml so that I can merge these lines at the top and on the right hand side, making the thing a single screen. My idea is to try to remove that visual sense of margins/boxed and blend the whole thing.

I think that visually observing it makes more sense than describing it, Does anyone know how to do it, any help will be valid.

Thank you in advance.

Do you mean like this?

ab74eaeeb6bd1484ca136060edbf61d1.png

13 minutos atrás, hyrule_king disse:

Do you mean like this?

ab74eaeeb6bd1484ca136060edbf61d1.png

Thanks for the reply, mate. Unfortunately, not exactly.

Basically, and using your image as a reference, what I'm looking for is to eliminate that box aspect present on the SQUAD screen, for example. Making, for example, that darkest/shaded in the background part extend to the top of the screen, eliminating that brief white line still present at the top and on the right side.

22 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thanks for the reply, mate. Unfortunately, not exactly.

Basically, and using your image as a reference, what I'm looking for is to eliminate that box aspect present on the SQUAD screen, for example. Making, for example, that darkest/shaded in the background part extend to the top of the screen, eliminating that brief white line still present at the top and on the right side.

It's the actual graphic. You'll have to edit it, check client_object_browser.xml for the file locations.

After much deliberation, I feel like this thread has gone off topic, it is designed as a place skinners can show their work and maybe inspire others, however it has devolved into small questions that don't deserve their own thread, so from this point on, questions to go in that thread to keep this on topic.

2 horas atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

It's the actual graphic. You'll have to edit it, check client_object_browser.xml for the file locations.

2 horas atrás, keysi disse:

@lugui

If you want to delete the box/graphic and to have it as a plain box, for example as I had it in FM22 and kept it for FM23 as well.

image.thumb.png.f7426d674b856c9fb50ab5bf03443d26.png

you have to edit the client object browser.xml. It's the widget in the lines 41-57 with the inner contrast box.

Thank you both. Based on this information, I was able to get closer to what I am trying to implement.

I'm still looking to adjust and match the colours of SIDEBAR and TOPBAR, I will continue to make some adjustments, but now I got the idea...

image.png.141397a9ff27d4367b70288bbb2a2bb1.png

Been playing around with verticality, so I can build something a bit more adaptive to different resolutions.  The same panel at 1360x768 and 2560x1440.

image.thumb.png.8971b50b89aa5d00c44880f1e5ec364f.png

image.thumb.png.9632cdf060e6a7d5202df7a9cec3cdfb.png

Early days still, but thinking can use test_screen_attachment to add in additional details conditionally.  For example, in the higher resolution a data hub visualisation could be placed in the big gap next to the stats, whilst for lower resolutions it could be it's own section below.

6 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Another day another panel.. should be done for fm24 at this rate.,

3.PNG.9a14924a029f7f49314a2dd517f6cd81.PNG 123.PNG.9656c477bae5d67e2bf04857af16cd18.PNG Capture.PNG.ec21c8948aae9f6dd0ebbc67742a82cb.PNG

Of everything i've seen, i love the player profil the best, i love your colour scheme and Menu/boxes

i'm not a fan of the this or on the random pitches, not saying it's bad. just that i find it wrong.

but i bet it's a good learning experience :) keep up the good work

edit: typo's etc

Edited by snowofman

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

Of everything i've seen, i love the player profil the best, i love your colour scheme and Menu/boxes

i'm not a fan of the this or on the random pitches, not saying it's bad. just that i find it wrong.

but i bet it's a good learning experience :) keep up the good work

edit: typo's etc

yeah not sold on that, might just go with a shade of darker green that compliments the labels/cyan or some thing.. 

Capture.PNG.44a42e0a3de39c9f63610c749756a12f.PNG

https://www.behance.net/gallery/156580343/Football-Manager-Improved-UIUX-Design

Seen this linked in another thread. I think it looks really good, it's simple, modern, and clean looking. I really wish SI would actually work more on this end, and make some larger changes to the UI/UX. A lot of areas have been pretty much unchanged for 10-15 years, and this is an example of what a modern UI looks like.

I'm gonna try to make some of it work in-game, but I don't think a lot of this stuff can be changed.

e65dffd7e9a211bcb784411d3030d91c.thumb.png.840ac84fc58a606e7c9b52c6e6dd2af5.png

Edited by (sic)

8 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

new look it's good. but 99% real skins and mockups have one big problem... it dark :)

It's not a problem, it's personal preference. I use dark mode on any app, website, etc. that allows it, including these forums. I can't stand looking at a white screen for a longer period of time.

14 minutos atrás, (sic) disse:

Seen this linked in another thread. I think it looks really good, it's simple, modern, and clean looking. I really wish SI would actually work more on this end, and make some larger changes to the UI/UX. A lot of areas have been pretty much unchanged for 10-15 years, and this is an example of what a modern UI looks like.

I'm gonna try to make some of it work in-game, but I don't think a lot of this stuff can be changed.

This is fantastic. Very inspiring, really dedicated to improving the experience. A shame that they will never consider these approaches to the official game, only the annual fluff.

Thanks for sharing it.

48 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Some very nice ideas in there.  I reckon most of it is achievable, albeit a pain given how the tactics panels are all done.  The only stuff that I think won't be doable is some of the changes to elements (trying to change sliders to buttons, for example).

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Some very nice ideas in there.  I reckon most of it is achievable, albeit a pain given how the tactics panels are all done.  The only stuff that I think won't be doable is some of the changes to elements (trying to change sliders to buttons, for example).

might have a go a the button thing over the weekend.

3 horas atrás, (sic) disse:

Very nive.
The font is really cool.
Maybe add a bit more of club/competition colours 

Building on my Statman skin, I've reshuffled how the attributes show and added some little icons to break up the text. I'm undecided...

fa10aeb46fc577d4244580d8a743072c.png

Here is the whole player profile. I think that I may need to look at permanently coloured tabs as they are now a bit lost.

What do people think of it?

Edited by _Ben_

4 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Building on my Statman skin, I've reshuffled how the attributes show and added some little icons to break up the text. I'm undecided...

87c0354eee9ff439e919e54c066956c3.png

Here is the whole player profile. I think that I may need to look at permanently coloured tabs as they are now a bit lost.

I think the horizontal layout works well.  Interestingly I've started rejigging attributes and adding icons, too - although I've gone a little bit more sparse:

image.png.b068c631fe2cfa08a6414a5a7f19cfbf.png

I struggled a little to find already existing in-game icons for everything I wanted, but looking at your layout - with the icons repeating (being used for specific skill types, I'm guessing) - I wonder if it would work using the icons to indicate Technical, Mental and Physical.

36 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

i'm finding it very confusing.

with that said, i am aware that it's on my end, being old and all. the idea is really good, but im getting confused looking at it and without knowing, i would probably get a headache after a short time using it.

please take it as positive feedback, it's not ment in any bad way, just my point of view

35 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i'm finding it very confusing.

with that said, i am aware that it's on my end, being old and all. the idea is really good, but im getting confused looking at it and without knowing, i would probably get a headache after a short time using it.

please take it as positive feedback, it's not ment in any bad way, just my point of view

Absolutely respect your opinion! Is that directed at the way I’ve laid them out or the tiny icons?

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

I think the horizontal layout works well.  Interestingly I've started rejigging attributes and adding icons, too - although I've gone a little bit more sparse:

I struggled a little to find already existing in-game icons for everything I wanted, but looking at your layout - with the icons repeating (being used for specific skill types, I'm guessing) - I wonder if it would work using the icons to indicate Technical, Mental and Physical.

Love this! Yeah - my plan was to go just technical, mental, physical but got carried away! May revert to that as it looks a bit ‘busy’ with like 5 or 6 different icons.

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Absolutely respect your opinion! Is that directed at the way I’ve laid them out or the tiny icons?

The Icons is a good addition to break things up..

My feedback was me checking the whole profil you linked, i wasnt sure where to start or end when looking at the page. i feel it's "missing" the red line, like so many other things i like things that kinda have a start and an end.

it might be old school  i'm not quite sure of it, but with the red line i mean that at first glance at something, you know exactly where the start it (in a skin i would say the start is "player face, name etc" from there you can without a doubt see where you have to look for further info.

in yours, i have the start (face, name) - the text (left side) blends into the background, and the only thing to break it up is the icons (love those tbh) but i have to search for the needed info... and yes i know things comes after using it, then you know where they are. (right side  again the text is blending into the background, medals, pro's con's and games played and all good. you know what they are by just a quick look.

everything south of the face is where things is going wrong for me personally. 

again text blending in, icons blending in here aswell (i like that they were white / stood out on the top), i can't put my finger on what exactly it is but something is making it one big mess, that confuses the crap oout of me and i have to focus too hard to find out what i'm look at.

i hope this makes sense and i mean nothing bad, it's an impressive amount of work.

as a last note, this might all come down to the "new" factor in what your showing and the getting used to the colours etc.

56 minutes ago, snowofman said:

The Icons is a good addition to break things up..

My feedback was me checking the whole profil you linked, i wasnt sure where to start or end when looking at the page. i feel it's "missing" the red line, like so many other things i like things that kinda have a start and an end.

it might be old school  i'm not quite sure of it, but with the red line i mean that at first glance at something, you know exactly where the start it (in a skin i would say the start is "player face, name etc" from there you can without a doubt see where you have to look for further info.

in yours, i have the start (face, name) - the text (left side) blends into the background, and the only thing to break it up is the icons (love those tbh) but i have to search for the needed info... and yes i know things comes after using it, then you know where they are. (right side  again the text is blending into the background, medals, pro's con's and games played and all good. you know what they are by just a quick look.

everything south of the face is where things is going wrong for me personally. 

again text blending in, icons blending in here aswell (i like that they were white / stood out on the top), i can't put my finger on what exactly it is but something is making it one big mess, that confuses the crap oout of me and i have to focus too hard to find out what i'm look at.

i hope this makes sense and i mean nothing bad, it's an impressive amount of work.

as a last note, this might all come down to the "new" factor in what your showing and the getting used to the colours etc.

Visual hierarchy might be the term you're looking for. Certain important things should stand out more, and be larger/bolder. 

Though in this case, I'm not sure how you can do it, as all of these items carry the same importance.
Maybe you could do it by ordering them in a different way, so it's not just 2 straight rows of 7 boxes. Imo the game does it well by distributing attributes in 3 areas, though I'm also a fan of dividing it even more.

I'd actually like it if SI changed it up a bit, and instead grouped certain things like @_Ben_ has done, but showed icons and descriptions, instead of the raw attribute values. Kind of like what coach/scout reports do with pros/cons, but better.

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Visual hierarchy might be the term you're looking for. Certain important things should stand out more, and be larger/bolder. 

Though in this case, I'm not sure how you can do it, as all of these items carry the same importance.
Maybe you could do it by ordering them in a different way, so it's not just 2 straight rows of 7 boxes. Imo the game does it well by distributing attributes in 3 areas, though I'm also a fan of dividing it even more.

I'd actually like it if SI changed it up a bit, and instead grouped certain things like @_Ben_ has done, but showed icons and descriptions, instead of the raw attribute values. Kind of like what coach/scout reports do with pros/cons, but better.

Thank you.  was exactly the word i was looking for.

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

Love these! We've been in desperate need of new ideas and original ideas

22 minutes ago, burakk039 said:

Yeşil alanın rengini değiştirebileceğim kodları bulamadım?

I couldn't find any codes to change the color of the green field?

Wrong thread, this is for the small questions thread. Funnily enough answer is there too. 

En 24/11/2022 a las 14:06, (sic) dijo:

He visto esto enlazado en otro hilo. Creo que se ve muy bien, es simple, moderno y limpio. Realmente desearía que SI realmente trabajara más en este extremo y realizara algunos cambios más importantes en la UI/UX. Muchas áreas han permanecido prácticamente sin cambios durante 10 a 15 años, y este es un ejemplo de cómo se ve una interfaz de usuario moderna.

Voy a tratar de hacer que algo funcione en el juego, pero no creo que muchas de estas cosas se puedan cambiar.

I understand that the skin is not really functional, is it? 

Em 24/10/2022 em 08:55, stevemc disse:

My skin is basically just all the hard work by @bluestillidie00 on the Base23 Transparent Skin, with a few tweaks I like, and so I can show my backgrounds packs through them (still WIP):

• Stadiums on schedule screen:

image.thumb.png.23dfe840fbf86d2f3219fbde04317853.png

• Shirt & Number on profile screen:

image.thumb.png.830a95e142c95f2b780d67cac15eace1.png

• Faces on tactics screen, team talks and subs bench

image.thumb.png.43476fa9f432856655ff37d4632167cd.png

image.thumb.png.f94d84c7635bfd96d52c2f1b758b90c5.png

image.png.73fa83391abefb6526aaa1381cf7cd3d.png

Plus font changes, colour changes and opacity for backgrounds to show through.

Is it available for download

Making progress on the low-resolution, scrolling approach.  I've become quite enamoured with the mini positions indicator, although not completely sold on the idea of splitting the training buttons to be in the areas that "make sense" (to me), and think that the transfer/contract details at the bottom will benefit from being centred aligned, rather than aligned with the rest of the information.

1360x768 @ 100%:

image.thumb.png.94b8e9423a500880bb900873493671a3.png  image.thumb.png.21399eb50c49475ce241a485a6ec985b.png

image.thumb.png.78e1b295a996b20b139696cd62eeb5f3.png  image.thumb.png.d4dc62d4f186a1bef0a62be130a14ef4.png

image.thumb.png.7947a75ec427b221c2205d6cdfab915c.png

I've actually been playing with this at 2560x1440.  Whilst I've got plans to use some more of the width, I'm quite enjoying there being a lot of "white space" - I'm really finding it helpful for maintaining my focus.

image.thumb.png.c0d6f41026935f3b4b3f50941ef3feea.png

I'm conflicted on the empty space at the 2560x1440, I think there are things you can put in but at the same time the potential to overdo it is there as well.  At the moment, it looks too empty to me, if that makes sense?  There's a difference between cluttered and organized, and I think there is plenty of space to work with to add a few things and keep it clean and organized looking.

I'm pretty  its a byproduct of the work I do, when I see empty space I wonder what data is missing...and when I see to much data I wonder what got added that shouldn't have been (That or I need to zoom out, or turn some layers of info off...or all them...)

I still love the aesthetic, I've rarely used and of the previously available light skins and like this one very much.

Jellico

3 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

I'm conflicted on the empty space at the 2560x1440, I think there are things you can put in but at the same time the potential to overdo it is there as well.  At the moment, it looks too empty to me, if that makes sense?  There's a difference between cluttered and organized, and I think there is plenty of space to work with to add a few things and keep it clean and organized looking.

I'm pretty  its a byproduct of the work I do, when I see empty space I wonder what data is missing...and when I see to much data I wonder what got added that shouldn't have been (That or I need to zoom out, or turn some layers of info off...or all them...)

I still love the aesthetic, I've rarely used and of the previously available light skins and like this one very much.

Jellico

I actually agree.  Or at least did.  I was actually sceptical about the whole scrolling player profile thing altogether (despite putting forwards the reasons I was looking into it), but actually playing the game with it, I'm finding it a surprisingly better experience than the "normal" approach.  I thought I'd find the empty space too much, especially the gap between the player picture/position/etc... and the central column, but that's not been the case so far.  Sure, it did take me a day or so to get used to it, but I don't think I'm going back to normal (I'll still be updating/working on the regular skin).

I think what you said about too little/much data is key here.  I find FM bombards me with a whole load of information I very rarely use - but that's such a subjective position.  What I rarely use, others see as vital (and vice-versa). There is something liberating about constricting the width - I've lost count of the amount of times I've put something together and there's a weird gap (staff profiles a prime example) - and then you kind of force something in there that's kind of superfluous.  Then that still doesn't quite work, but you've included it now, so you feel obliged to keep it in with whatever changes you make thereafter.  I think I have a self-control issue! 

There are definitely things that can be added as supplementary information to most sections - polygons alongside the attributes, data hub visualisations alongside stats (and removed from the tab), training groups data, medical condition breakdown, etc...  A lot of this information is already available, whether in a tab or hovering over an icon, but I suppose that's kind of the point.  It can be more explicitly displayed in larger resolutions.

Of course, it's all well and good exploring it on the player page - lord knows how easy it's going to be to do elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Nachote912 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9add241b2954d498d856d2790cf0da42.png

Hi mates, i need some help. I don't know why the player picture doesn't appears.. I don't know wich panel is this. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

please post in the right thread