FM23: Manchester United The Ten Hag era

sedge11

3 hours ago, duvels said:

Yeah, that's some bad luck there... Martial might perform well, but he's inconsistent. You never know what to expect from him.

Big transferperiod there! How is Garnacho developing?

Yea Martial performed well for the 1st 3 games I needed him, but then poorly in the next 3.

Garnacho is developing fairly well, had a good 2nd season. He’s struggling to get in the team at the moment though.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/04/2023 at 15:26, sedge11 said:

Season 2 is over and it was a disappointing one, as we ended up trophyless.

The league table looked like this,

season2table.thumb.png.012039dae20d6a929ff11ab0b420e7cc.png

For the 2nd season in a row we miss out by 1 point, 11 draws really killing our chances and we just weren't good enough defensively. We had good individual performances from Rashford and Bruno but as a team we were poor.

We lost early on in the carabao cup so we didn't defend our title, and the fa cup we lost in the quarter final for the 2nd year running, the champs league was frustrating as there was a really good opportunity to win but lost out in the quarter final of that as well.

champsleagues2.png.93275d40cde2a67ba94c06f136967dd0.png

Here were our best performers for the season.

bestplayerss2.thumb.png.eb3d5e2b38916e76215b0ef9597758ea.png

Rashford by far our top scorer, with Ramos next on 17 but his average rating was poor. Bijlow came in and done very well with the 2nd highest average rating. As a team we just didn't perform well enough, there were too many poor performances resulting in alot of the draws. Injuries also hurt us quite badly, as you know De Gea broke his leg, but we also lost Garnacho, Sancho, Antony and Wan Bissaka for periods which didn't help.

Going forward we will need more from the likes of Antony and Sancho, we can't keep relying on Rashford.

So that brings us onto the summer, and what a summer it was, it as alot busier than 1st expected it to be. Lets start with the outs.

s2transfers2.png.6d3954d0fb7e101c102cf2a04ee9d8a4.png

The biggest out was Ramos, sold after only 1 season. He did ok with 17 goals, but he also had alot of poor performances, I didn't plan to sell but a big name striker unexpectedly became available and was brought in. Dalot goes as I brought a new RB, and I wanted to keep Wan Bissaka.  Kehoe was my best regen from youth intake from season 1, he goes on loan to get some game time at one of the best teams in the championship, to then hopefully come into the 1st team for season 4.

So the ins, Ramos was sold, a big name striker became available and with City buying Vini Jr, and Liverpool buying Rice, Gvardiol and a couple others I just had to go for it, so in comes................................

kane.png.33b505ca592afac7bb64a488aaee1b1c.png

Harry Kane, Spurs had an awful season finishing in 15th, and it weren't until after the euro's I saw he was cheaper than usual so I just had to do it. I have never used Kane before, and though he is nearly 31 for 2-3 seasons he will be quality.

Here are the rest of my signings.

s2transfers.png.bfa772dac5ca3fa691146412031de058.png

After being trophyless we needed a big summer and we certainly delivered.

Frimpong comes in as our new RB. Silva, Caicedo and Hojlund come in with a view for the future, with Silva and Caicedo able to replace Varane and Casemiro probably next season. Hojlund was someone I wanted to buy even before I noticed Kane was available, but now he comes in to back up Kane then takeover from him in 2 seasons time.

Overall very happy with the summer, much better quality in depth with a good mix of experience and youth.

I plan to use Mainoo alot more this season, and with Silva, Caicedo and Hojlund I think we are in a good place for the future.

We have won our 1st 2 games, with Kane getting a hattrick against Spurs :D.

kanehattrick.png.758b745138bae8d4843277ec8ccbc676.png

That is a lot of outgoings, what does the squad look like now

My ins after season 1:

image.png.17195ccfb69962bb9f0a5f8411e502a3.png

Outs:

Bailly €9.75m
Hannibal €4m
Donny loan to Parma with a mandatory fee of €37.5m
Telles €3.8m
Fred €2.2m
Elanga loan to Schalke04 with optional fee of €35m
loans: Garnacho, Laird, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Alvaro Fernandez, Pellistri, Shoretire, Mainoo

Which gives this as my ideal starting lineup

image.png.ee6e0d868669109b1b2dd4d3c91d1422.png

Shaw refuses to sign a new contract at reduced wages, so his contract will run out after this season. I have no idea yet who to sign as his replacement. I could also shift Martinez over to left back and look for a new CB.

Ideally I will replace Martial as well.

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

This is my best 11 and the rest of the squad.

best11andsubs.thumb.png.01b15cb6267cddcb695c57d3348a1ae2.png

Decent.  

How has Sancho been doing for you?, He is my highest paid player now and only has 4 goals ad 14 assists 64 prem games across 2 seasons, averaging 6.92 first season and 6.89 second season.  I think i have done all my transfer activity this season but he is on the chopping block as his wage is so high.

Season. 3 is off and under way, transfers in and out have been finalised and we were a bit busier than expected in the end.

Players In:

image.png.c048ed1025f398c3fbe21cabe0ab1130.png

Players Out:

image.png.6fed354ea00438d24080eda6c7de13e4.png

Avila and Bella-Kotchap have come in as replacements for Varane and Lindelof on massively reduced wages.

van de Beek, Casemiro and McTominay all complete their permanent moves after their loan spells.

Fresneda comes in as first choice right back with Lamptey dropping to backup

Meslier comes in as backup to Kobel

Almeda and Wanner come in to provide depth across the forward positions with Garnacho going on loan to get 1st football.

Toney came in on deadline day, i was unsure all window about if we needed another striker rather than players that can play either striker or wide forward.  In the end i took the plunge and think it was the right decision

Overall i have reduced the wage bill from £4.8mill to £3.6mill and now only have 3 players above £200,000.  Sancho, Rashford and Bruno.  I am questioning Sancho massively at the moment, his performances do not represent being the highest earner at the club.

So i think my starting 11 is going to be this

image.png.d0f8c2356192006d6f643259093b5e2d.png

Start to the season has been pretty good

image.png.d3ce7c2d11773c7bc3d1d589938b79d2.png

Arsenal Game i was unlucky to lose 2-0, they scored from 2 set pieces which was infuriating. 

9 hours ago, molemenacer said:

Decent.  

How has Sancho been doing for you?, He is my highest paid player now and only has 4 goals ad 14 assists 64 prem games across 2 seasons, averaging 6.92 first season and 6.89 second season.  I think i have done all my transfer activity this season but he is on the chopping block as his wage is so high.

So Sancho's stats for are:

In all comps

Season 1 - 13 goals 12 assists 7.32 avg rating

Season 2 - 7 goals 7 assists 7.11 avg rating

Season 3 so far - 3 goals 3 assists 7.02 avg rating

So 1st season he was great,but since then has been a little frustrating. Antony has equally been frustrating so neither has nailed down the right wing spot.

Edited by sedge11

Season 3 is over, its been a good season. We had a lot of injuries through the season but that didn't stop us winning the league and bringing the premier league trophy back home.

s3table.thumb.png.454ba871711c2e62f4d9bd3daf7db79c.png

We were dominant in the league, we were top by November and never looked back. We went on 12 a game winning run at the end of the season before drawing our last 2 games. We only conceded 23 goals which was was brilliant, considering our defensive struggles last season.

Bijlow was a rock in goal, and actually had the 4th highest avg rating in the league. Bruno was an assist machine, while Rashford and Kane shared the goals with 19 and 21 between them.

We dominated the team of the year as well.

s3teamoftheyear.thumb.png.e1c22cfab70a7e04706318d53b4d1002.png

Bijlow and 3 of our back 4 in the team of the year, is a huge difference from last season.

For how good we were in the league, the cups were a different story.

Carabao cup we lost to Arsenal in the 3rd round, then Fa cup we lost to Man city in the 4th round, and the champs league we lost to Porto in the round of 16.

Overall though a good season, am happy to have brought the league title back home.

Here were my best players for the season.

bestplayerss3.thumb.png.c19e60fdd4d28ccf851ba14158f65e40.png

Rashford and Kane were the best players, last season our problem was someone else scoring enough goals to help Rashford and Kane delivered on that. The only problem was they were the only 2 players to get into double figures, but then having a poor run in the cups didn't help with that.

Silva was a great back up to Martinez and Varane and will easily replace the ageing Varane. Mainoo had a good season and will continue to get more games. Hojlund also did well and would of got into double figures had it not been because of injuries and we had done better in the cups.

So onto season 4.

Midfield is an area that needs some work, in DM we have Casemiro and Caicedo, in the the attacking role as a Mezzala/CM on attack we have Bruno and Mainoo, but it is the DLP/BBM that is the problem. Eriksen is out of contract and I will probably let go, Sabizter has done ok but is on massive wages so I will look to move on, and SMS has been poor for what I was expecting and may also be moved on, as he frustrates me. So we may need 2 midfielders to cover that role.

Also there is Sancho and Antony, Antony had a poor season but I like him so want to keep him, Sancho is very hit and miss and is 1 of the highest earners so I might sell.

Season 3 is over and in the end turned out ok.

The league was a massive frustration for long periods with my away form sucking massively and was on the end of some hammerings.

image.png.e0713f2bd1def78083bec4f0c7fbdc93.png

image.png.dd70dbcfddf0aa1f34861764ddf0152f.png

Although looking back at the list of fixtures now it doesn't look too bad.  Playing through it though was massively frustrating.  We won all but 1 at home, a 1-1 draw with Chelsea but away lost 9.  I changed tactics At the start of February and apart from the loses at Chelsea and City, which were not as bad as the loses earlier on in the season we did well.

Ended up finishing second behind a Haaland led City who ended with 33 goals

image.png.ef53e99883f2b28f42797047b7de00dc.png

Kobel was also struggling massively and was making so many mistakes so in came Diogo Costa for a cut price £31 million, Mannsverk was on my list to come in in the summer but Liverpool came in for him so i had to get him in January instead.

image.png.907815507c9c1accd893b58891b81c50.png

League Cup was a bust, a rotated side went out on penalties

image.thumb.png.a427d6605f8d39a13d702e984d97c4f0.png

FA Cup not much better, lost away with a very poor performance.

image.png.0421daddfa9cff4875e52a69bf77c9d4.png

Champions league was a surprise though

image.png.f97ad4288e2ad4eb992b39639660ba66.png

Managed to get through the league stage i the playoffs with our inability to win away from home but then beat a good AC Milan side, an unbeaten PSG and an unbeaten Barcelona, with 2 superb away performances.  We then dispatched Arsenal easily, the 2-1 scoreline flattered them massively.

Top performers were definitely Evan Ferguson, he is an immense talent, Rashford, Bruno and Bellingham.  The change in tactic in February definitely helped Rashford and Bellingham as they were superb in the run in.  I was set on selling 

image.png.fc4a22e418773e1210a9a3f272de89a9.png

Summer window should be quiet, i have said that before though!!

Sancho is the one i am so unsure about, Antony had a great second half of the season and Garnacho has spent the last 18 months on loan so should become an option this year on the left.  Netz had a good ending to the season as well and has displaced Shaw, if there is interest he might go in the summer as £190k for a backup is a lot of wasted wage.  I have a few youngsters coming back from loan that will come into the 1st team squad so a few might leave

1 hour ago, molemenacer said:

Season 3 is over and in the end turned out ok.

The league was a massive frustration for long periods with my away form sucking massively and was on the end of some hammerings.

image.png.e0713f2bd1def78083bec4f0c7fbdc93.png

image.png.dd70dbcfddf0aa1f34861764ddf0152f.png

Although looking back at the list of fixtures now it doesn't look too bad.  Playing through it though was massively frustrating.  We won all but 1 at home, a 1-1 draw with Chelsea but away lost 9.  I changed tactics At the start of February and apart from the loses at Chelsea and City, which were not as bad as the loses earlier on in the season we did well.

Ended up finishing second behind a Haaland led City who ended with 33 goals

image.png.ef53e99883f2b28f42797047b7de00dc.png

Kobel was also struggling massively and was making so many mistakes so in came Diogo Costa for a cut price £31 million, Mannsverk was on my list to come in in the summer but Liverpool came in for him so i had to get him in January instead.

image.png.907815507c9c1accd893b58891b81c50.png

League Cup was a bust, a rotated side went out on penalties

image.thumb.png.a427d6605f8d39a13d702e984d97c4f0.png

FA Cup not much better, lost away with a very poor performance.

image.png.0421daddfa9cff4875e52a69bf77c9d4.png

Champions league was a surprise though

image.png.f97ad4288e2ad4eb992b39639660ba66.png

Managed to get through the league stage i the playoffs with our inability to win away from home but then beat a good AC Milan side, an unbeaten PSG and an unbeaten Barcelona, with 2 superb away performances.  We then dispatched Arsenal easily, the 2-1 scoreline flattered them massively.

Top performers were definitely Evan Ferguson, he is an immense talent, Rashford, Bruno and Bellingham.  The change in tactic in February definitely helped Rashford and Bellingham as they were superb in the run in.  I was set on selling 

image.png.fc4a22e418773e1210a9a3f272de89a9.png

Summer window should be quiet, i have said that before though!!

Sancho is the one i am so unsure about, Antony had a great second half of the season and Garnacho has spent the last 18 months on loan so should become an option this year on the left.  Netz had a good ending to the season as well and has displaced Shaw, if there is interest he might go in the summer as £190k for a backup is a lot of wasted wage.  I have a few youngsters coming back from loan that will come into the 1st team squad so a few might leave

Could you please post a screenshot of how Garnacho has developed for you? I have kept him each season and have been giving him a decent amount of matches. He's actually played well for the majority but his development hasn't been great!

38 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Could you please post a screenshot of how Garnacho has developed for you? I have kept him each season and have been giving him a decent amount of matches. He's actually played well for the majority but his development hasn't been great!

Sure, these are his loan deals

image.thumb.png.4f20c58c958636a3a263f41b2dd61fe9.png

image.png.68086fd60aeb43dd2c5978a531cd6c7e.png

19 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Thanks, will compare him to mine and see if there is much difference.

When you have a look at yours can you post it here as well so i can see if it has been worth it sending him out for 18 months.

It will be interesting to see the difference if any

1 hour ago, molemenacer said:

When you have a look at yours can you post it here as well so i can see if it has been worth it sending him out for 18 months.

Yes no problem, will post when I am home.

8 hours ago, molemenacer said:

Have also included my results so far in season 3 after winning the league season 2. Have changed my tactics and have won every league game so far without conceding a goal!

Have played City and Pool away while also having to face Chelsea and Arsenal at home already.

Garnacho.PNG

Results.PNG

Tactics.PNG

12 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Have also included my results so far in season 3 after winning the league season 2. Have changed my tactics and have won every league game so far without conceding a goal!

Have played City and Pool away while also having to face Chelsea and Arsenal at home already.

Garnacho.PNG

Results.PNG

Tactics.PNG

So it has made a difference by the looks of it as he has had consistent game time for 18 months.

That is some start, no goals conceded in the league, How much did Osimhen cost you?

22 minutes ago, molemenacer said:

So it has made a difference by the looks of it as he has had consistent game time for 18 months.

That is some start, no goals conceded in the league, How much did Osimhen cost you?

Yes, he has definitely developed better in yours. Although he has had fairly regular game time for me, has featured in nearly every PL match each season (mostly from the bench as an impact sub) and quite a few starts in cups and European competitions.

Conceded one now, Wolves scored a consolation to make it 5-1! 

I think he cost just over £90mil in the Jan window of the first season but he has been worth it. An absolute goal machine, outscoring Haaland. Sold Shaw for £50mil or thereabouts and a few others. Thuram is an absolute monster so far though and seems perfect for the SV role.

Season 4 is off and under way, it was a very quiet summer window from us this time around

image.png.1c5393991bd9ee19b1318329921fd470.png

Only 2 players in, Chevalier comes in as backup to replace the awful and out going Kobel and Madueke comes in on loan for the year to cover the forward positions.

image.png.8b63f5cdfa2ccc7c9499027f76f4021c.png

image.png.0b597aca4e3b3e6cd2d453ecdfffa131.png

A lot of players leaving on transfers and loans (it is really annoying that anyone inn early June going out gets shown on last years transfer screen).  Biggest out going is Alberto, signed for £15 mill and after 2 average years going for a decent £33.5 mill, and as i said Kobel has been awful and was replaced in Jan with Costa.

As we did well in the Champions League we had a World Club Cup to play over the summer

image.png.ebcff08b53e395523a5f01afc9ac3554.png

image.png.dd75d78338cb3f04ff6a22ac6a205d0c.png

We breezed the group stage as expected, there was a lot of 8/9/10-0 victories for the top European teams, and then did Liverpool and Ac Milan easily as well before losing 2-1 to Real in the final, we were probably the slightly better team but didn't take our chances.

Season has started off well in the League as well

image.png.5d801ed4bc10808d90c2689813e03f93.png

image.thumb.png.b24e8b590c6ec90c91d87a9e17e2134a.png

After thinking about it all over the summer window Sancho has stayed, just but i am training him and using him as a CM(A) and with Bellingham getting injured and missing the first few games of the season Sancho has been a decent option in there, his ability to carry the ball is a great benefit.  Evan Ferguson has started off superbly and hopefully he will continue that, the surprise so far has been Antony, i started to see better perfomances at the back end of last season and he has carried that on into the stat of this one, it has coincided with a change of role from IW(S) to IW(A), it seems to get him higher up the pitch and 4 goals and 2 assists to his name already, he is only 3 goals off his best season for me.  Garnacho has also started the season well so i think the 18 month loan should show dividends this season.

Tactically i am still using the 4-3-3

image.png.71f2885901e33e579c1c5d3267fb662a.png

I am not 100% sure on all the defensive roles yet, especially 2 WB's back it does seem to work, also. against weaker teams i make my DM a support role and it seems to really condense the play into their half.  At the end of last year i thought that Netz was going to replace Shaw and Bella-Kotchap was going to replace Skriniar but they have both been very impressive so far this season but the good news is that when i do rotate the drop off is practically nothing.

Season 4 is underway, so lets start with the transfers.

season4transfers.thumb.png.e33f123f7fcb0260d5292e4e55c36a0b.png

Eriksen and Martial leaves on frees, Amad wouldn't sign a new deal so off he goes. Malacia just wasn't good enough and Sabitzer was on huge wages and was only a back up.

The ins, Davies is a regen RB and he has gone straight back to Birmingham on loan. Thuram comes in to replace Sabitzer and also play a new role in my tactic. Aouar was kind of a late signing I'm not sure I needed but he gives us good depth.

We had the club world cup, which is a competition I have no time for, but we lost in the semi final, then beating Liverpool in the 3rd place playoff. Our start of the season has been good though.

s4resultssofar.png.4875daa1a46148ae81a027d83bc2a362.png

Apart from the loss to Liverpool, its been nearly perfect, I switched to the new tactic after the liverpool loss and here it is.

newtactic.png.b01efaf813f8e71bc29e4c39808a7cc5.png

It's a formation I saw someone use on Youtube, so I created my own version of it, to have a little fun and to try some different from my usual 4-3-3. There were some aspects I copied, for example the DW, which is a position I am training Thuram for with great success so far.

We have reached February 2026 so winter transfer window has just shut and we made a few moves in the end

Players out

image.png.437d9d5c52c8d0bb3dea1508f812649f.png

For some reason Rennes needed Butland right now so managed to get 5 mill for him.  Main outgoing was Sancho, he had been doing ok but then wanted a contract renewal and wanted £400k!!! would not negotiate at all so listed straight away and after some clubs came in and Sancho rejected them Real came in at the end of Jan and offered a decent deal

image.png.81ad26db955b309f8cdadfbac57cd592.png

I didn't want him anyway and offering to pay all his wages and then agree a mandatory £29 mill deal plus £16 mill in loan fees so £45 mill over all and covering his wages - no brainer.

Players in

image.png.683e03263eef05ff6330637c73534b7e.png

Gittens in to replace Sancho and he can cover both sides  and 3 youngsters with huge potential

Prem has been going really well

image.png.47453d8a5b049a6e7cda22ec220cfc88.png

image.png.94cadbb12b83bac4e8f71253e720cbcc.png

Also got to the EFL Cup final to play Spurs as well

image.png.6ce027a64b812172b8137281416d90cb.png

On for all 4 trophies at the moment, main one is the league - i really want the title and at the moment my only really tough trip left is Chelsea away.

On 24/04/2023 at 17:13, molemenacer said:

We have reached February 2026 so winter transfer window has just shut and we made a few moves in the end

Players out

image.png.437d9d5c52c8d0bb3dea1508f812649f.png

For some reason Rennes needed Butland right now so managed to get 5 mill for him.  Main outgoing was Sancho, he had been doing ok but then wanted a contract renewal and wanted £400k!!! would not negotiate at all so listed straight away and after some clubs came in and Sancho rejected them Real came in at the end of Jan and offered a decent deal

image.png.81ad26db955b309f8cdadfbac57cd592.png

I didn't want him anyway and offering to pay all his wages and then agree a mandatory £29 mill deal plus £16 mill in loan fees so £45 mill over all and covering his wages - no brainer.

Players in

image.png.683e03263eef05ff6330637c73534b7e.png

Gittens in to replace Sancho and he can cover both sides  and 3 youngsters with huge potential

Prem has been going really well

image.png.47453d8a5b049a6e7cda22ec220cfc88.png

image.png.94cadbb12b83bac4e8f71253e720cbcc.png

Also got to the EFL Cup final to play Spurs as well

image.png.6ce027a64b812172b8137281416d90cb.png

On for all 4 trophies at the moment, main one is the league - i really want the title and at the moment my only really tough trip left is Chelsea away.

How has Mainoo developed for you mate?

Not been playing as much as I'd have liked recently but still undefeated in my 3rd season with only one draw in the league and  I'm nearing the end of December!

4 hours ago, Skora11 said:

How has Mainoo developed for you mate?

Not been playing as much as I'd have liked recently but still undefeated in my 3rd season with only one draw in the league and  I'm nearing the end of December!

He has had 2 years of loans but this season has come into the squad and been decent

image.thumb.png.c258bd384bea940cafdb41ca781b8448.png

5 hours ago, molemenacer said:

He has had 2 years of loans but this season has come into the squad and been decent

It seems loaning them out does more for them, as again he has developed better than mine. Although mine did get an injury for a few months which set him back.

I think it really does.

Anyone 18 and over that is not going to play a decent amount of games for me gets loaned out, i currently have 25 players in my under 21s and 19 out on loan.  Some are never going to make it so have loan with mandatory to buy offers already organised, the others are this bunch of players that could be really good.

image.thumb.png.33ceb4b020eb4be3cb11db43915e703d.png

Audin will be part of the first team next season or will be sold, the rest will probably go on loan again unless i lose a player in their position in the first team

On 26/04/2023 at 15:21, molemenacer said:

Did you use a Loan Manager or just select clubs based on what you felt was necessary for developing the players? 

16 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Did you use a Loan Manager or just select clubs based on what you felt was necessary for developing the players? 

I do all of my loans myself, most important thing for me is playing time but i also look at the clubs facilities.  I have no idea if they make any difference but if there are multiple clubs in for a player i will prioritise better facilities over more money for the player.

Actually quite often i will accept no money for the loan deal if they have good facilities and are going to play the player a lot

End of 25/26 season and what a season.  The tactical tweaks i made at the end of the 24/25 season and a settled squad has obviously paid dividends

image.png.ab59037eaccd89fb6676b9fe7ac92c69.png

Starting with the 2 domestic cups

image.png.48040775265c35e92cd906cb526cd22f.png

We had a nice run of home fixtures to the semi final and a comfortable win over Newcastle and then a straight forward 2-0 win in the final.  My first EFL Cup final and a win as well.

image.png.8e8c8c5b76cd139d32c5956b9bca339e.png

A very easy run the semi final and then a tough semi final win over Man City.  1-0 final win over Newcastle was a lot easier than the score line suggests

Premier League

image.png.bd6434200ed400e6f2d0fb25bcfe3ec4.png

image.png.6d11ed170cce47521740cc0f4268f70b.png

We did not lose i 2026 at all and only drew once, it was a crazy run

image.png.de9a1a0f2c8eca46b88eb7242c2b6998.png

We won every home game, and only drew 2 and lost 2 all season.  

Team of the year, we had 7 players in it, not sure how Evan Ferguson didn't get in as he was better than Toney.

image.png.319bbb2d0990cd38b55005ab654feed3.png

Champions League

image.png.df94b27e4cef11f66ba0aaeecfaa0cc0.png

Group stage was a struggle until the last 2 game, which got us into the automatic qualification at least.   Straight forward win home and away against Juventus ad then a tough win over Chelsea. Real was looking tough until the last 5 minutes in the first leg and 2 late goals made it a lot more comfortable second leg.  The final against Barcelona was a tough one but thanks to Toney we got the win.

image.png.f13f85c6eaf071b81461c7194fa85319.png

After not thinking Antony was going to make it he had a great season, making him more aggressive worked amazingly and he was superb.

Garnacho was great on his return to the club and played a lot.

Evan Ferguson also had a great season, he missed the last month of the season due to injury and Toney stepped up in his absence

Kobbie Mainoo was also superb and is first choice sub and replacement if Bellingham or Fernandes are not playing.

What a season no idea where it came from really but a settled squad after the last 2 years of upheaval meant the start to the season set the tone.

Not sure about the transfers at the moment as i don't really need any improvements at the moment.

Summer window complete and a very quiet one really for players coming in

image.png.a7888ae889a44f67ece003066f4daf09.pngimage.png.2de35c3e1f2a9324b08ed27d4791f072.png

Only real signing was Smith Rowe from Porto to provide cover across attacking midfield roles and wide roles as well, Areola came in as 3rd choice keeper.  Others were all youngsters coming in 

Fan Haoyu, an 18 y/o left back from China, came in from Tenerife and was loaned straight back to them again for the season.

Wisdom Amey, a 21 y/o right back from Italy, came in from Bologna and straight on loan for the season.

Julian Montiel, a 19 y/o winger from Argentina, he is in the 1st team squad for this year but might loan him out in Jan

Christian Libreros, a 19 y/o midfielder from Columbia, on loan at Celtic for the year

Aaron Avila, a 19 y/o midfielder from Mexico, with the 1st team squad for now

Players Out

image.png.82a783559dbdd7e5b365821b58825e65.pngimage.png.a4c3839eff04cbb578e6093b71bd03a4.png

Major out goings, 

Christian Eriksen went with our thanks to Wolves, played a fair amount last season in the end but with the emergence of Kobbie Mainoo and an Argentinian Matias Fuentes his minutes would have been no existant this season

Sancho completed his mandatory buy up and went to Real Madrid

Lamptey wanted too much for his contract renewal so went and youngster Tyler Fredricson who had had a couple of loans comes in as backup

Eyup Aydin came in for free in 23/24 but never really took his chance so went for a decent fee and a nice profit

Meslier wanted more game time so let him go

Shoretire had not progressed at all despite good loan moves so went out on a permanent deal

A whole bunch of loans 

August fixtures

image.png.8189f8f119a83dbede65e3b8689c6118.png

Costa has seemed to revert to type so far this season after his stellar last season, only kept 1 clean sheet so far and that was because Leicester created nothing, his worst game was definitely the super cup

image.png.803eb1f9bbd215c287c28a0cb06beaa5.png

Costa had a horrific game, ended with a 5.9, they scored with their first 3 shots on target and some how we only scored 2.  One of those games

Spurs game, they went 1-0 up with a shot with an XG of 0.02 and then bellingham got a red card for a shocker of a challenge and then scored a header with an XG of 0.15.  Somehow we were 2-0 down with their first 2 shots and an XG of 0.17.  Weirdest game i have seen!!!

We are looking good at the start of the season though so hopefully another decent season on the way.

Take Over

Forgot to say earlier as well, we had a buyout of the Glazers last year around December, they just took over the club and nothing changed.  

On 02/05/2023 at 08:44, molemenacer said:

I do all of my loans myself, most important thing for me is playing time but i also look at the clubs facilities.  I have no idea if they make any difference but if there are multiple clubs in for a player i will prioritise better facilities over more money for the player.

Actually quite often i will accept no money for the loan deal if they have good facilities and are going to play the player a lot

What I normally look at playing time and facilities. Maybe I just listed Garnacho at the wrong time to get interest

Season 4 is over and what a season it was. The new tactic really paid off.

So lets start with the league.

s4league.thumb.png.236a97e0ca2769e5751a3ee17e6c8f94.png

We absolutely dominated the league. Last season we got 88 points won the league by 14 points and only conceded 23 goals, we bettered that this season.

Bijlow won golden glove, Sancho got the most assists and we had 7 players in team of the year, though Antony got in over Sancho which didn't make sense.

Now onto the cups.

FA cup we lost out early to Liverpool, and that makes it 3 seasons out of the 4 we have gone out early drawing either Man City or Liverpool.

Carabao cup though we won for the 2nd time in 4 seasons.

s4carabaocup.thumb.png.1e6b0899041c2517a848052dfe74ac9a.png

Beating Spurs, City and Liverpool to win it made it a sweet cup win, especially destroying Liverpool in the final.

The Champs league next.

s4champsleaguewin.thumb.png.e2887c68322c9bef1a2609d7d76a6e8e.png

A treble in an excellent season, we cruised through the group stage with only the 3-3 draw with Marseille giving us problems. Bijlow was then the hero of the quarter final and semi final, saving 2 penalties in the shootout win against Napoli, then 1 in the shootout win over Bayern. To then beat City in the final was just amazing and we battered them, gave them nothing. I started De Gea as he is retiring and wanted him to go out with a bang.

Rashford won player of the champs league, and was out best player in the cup comps.

s4playerstats.thumb.png.70d34cdde2d21c23fdb1510fc6c48c2c.png

So Rashford, Kane and Hojlund all smashing in the goals. Hojlund had a 6 game period where Kane was injured and he scored 12 goals, including the 2 in the carabao cup final.

Thuram had an excellent debut season playing as a defensive winger on the left. Sancho stepped up massively this season.

So onwards to season 5, this will possibly be the final season of the save, it depends what we win. I'm enjoying the save but have bigger plans for another save.

So I plan to use the younger players more, so I have a regen RB called Davies who I brought from Birmingham, Silva and Caicedo will fully takeover from Varane and Casemiro. Mainoo played quite alot and will continue that and will hopefully bag a few more goals and assists, and Hojlund will be my main striker. I also plan to look for a younger LB.

Season 5 is well underway, here are the transfers.

s5transfers.thumb.png.3cc5d3cf23779af4db53e078c0f653cb.png

De Gea retired, SMS just didn't really work out for me and neither did Aouar. With a young RB coming through, Wan Bissaka was sold. 

Luca Netz comes in to take the LB spot, Shaw is now 30, he's been great for me but I needed a younger quality LB. 

Weynand is a regen GK, and Corbalan is possibly one of the best regens I have brought for the price.

corbalan.thumb.png.79c79f9479b495c61a4df02c1f1f9ab2.png

He's been very good and is the long term Bruno replacement.

The season has started well we got to November winning every single game until we lost to Man City in the league.

We also had an incredible game in the carabao cup quarters against Chelsea.

4-3comeback.thumb.png.f7af526dd0173cde0c56880e10e2a6fc.png

Possibly the best comeback I have ever had, to get 3 goals in added time.

ANyone playing Bruno as Mezzela having him put in low amount of progressive passes? 92 in 28 games whereas Eriksen has 150 in 23 even McTominay has 137 and Sabitzer whos played just 16 games due to injury problems has 89! 89 in 16 and Bruno has 3 more in an extra 12 games

Started with my first United career in 5 years. Sold a few players like Martial for £20 mil to PSG, van de Beek to Juventus for £18.75 mil, Lindelof to West Ham(he refused Real Madrid) for £15 mil and Elanga to Lyon for £8 mil.

No big sales but got now a transfer budget of £78 mil and £875 000 of wages p/w to play with, any suggestions of who i should buy?

On 06/05/2023 at 22:12, sedge11 said:

Season 5 is well underway, here are the transfers.

s5transfers.thumb.png.3cc5d3cf23779af4db53e078c0f653cb.png

De Gea retired, SMS just didn't really work out for me and neither did Aouar. With a young RB coming through, Wan Bissaka was sold. 

Luca Netz comes in to take the LB spot, Shaw is now 30, he's been great for me but I needed a younger quality LB. 

Weynand is a regen GK, and Corbalan is possibly one of the best regens I have brought for the price.

corbalan.thumb.png.79c79f9479b495c61a4df02c1f1f9ab2.png

He's been very good and is the long term Bruno replacement.

The season has started well we got to November winning every single game until we lost to Man City in the league.

We also had an incredible game in the carabao cup quarters against Chelsea.

4-3comeback.thumb.png.f7af526dd0173cde0c56880e10e2a6fc.png

Possibly the best comeback I have ever had, to get 3 goals in added time.

Corbalan is insane, at 19 as well

Also, 3 goals in 3 minutes of injury time is insane. 

8 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Started with my first United career in 5 years. Sold a few players like Martial for £20 mil to PSG, van de Beek to Juventus for £18.75 mil, Lindelof to West Ham(he refused Real Madrid) for £15 mil and Elanga to Lyon for £8 mil.

No big sales but got now a transfer budget of £78 mil and £875 000 of wages p/w to play with, any suggestions of who i should buy?

I disabled the transfer window in season 1 so bought no one and then went nuts in season 2 and 3!!

I always like to bring the wages under control so sold anyone above £300k

Striker wise i bought Evan Ferguson from Brighton and he has been amazing for me

Midfielder i got Bellingham, fee was big around £80mill but he has been great for me

CB wise I got Skriniar for free end of the first season and he has been great along with an expensive Pau Torres

Left back Luca Netz came in and has been a great rotation option, will replace Shaw end of this season.

Right back i got Fresneda from Real Valladolid, his release fee was £60mill but has been getting better and better and is totally worth it

I have struggled with Gk's.

It does depend on how you want to play though.

On 09/05/2023 at 10:34, molemenacer said:

I disabled the transfer window in season 1 so bought no one and then went nuts in season 2 and 3!!

I always like to bring the wages under control so sold anyone above £300k

Striker wise i bought Evan Ferguson from Brighton and he has been amazing for me

Midfielder i got Bellingham, fee was big around £80mill but he has been great for me

CB wise I got Skriniar for free end of the first season and he has been great along with an expensive Pau Torres

Left back Luca Netz came in and has been a great rotation option, will replace Shaw end of this season.

Right back i got Fresneda from Real Valladolid, his release fee was £60mill but has been getting better and better and is totally worth it

I have struggled with Gk's.

It does depend on how you want to play though.

Getting the wage bill down is my main goal. It's crazy how many average players earn so much. Skriniar and Ferguson are good shouts.

7 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Getting the wage bill down is my main goal. It's crazy how many average players earn so much. Skriniar and Ferguson are good shouts.

Yep far too much for average players.  I only have 3 players on more than £200k now

Rashford - £250k

Fernandes - £250k

Bellingham - £210k

I also only have 2 players on £150k or more that are not in my first 11.

image.png.b7ab85bcc5323196f93829386408047c.png

I am pretty happy with that at the moment, Fernandes has 18 months to run and will be 34 by the time his contract runs out so i don't think i will renew his contract.  Also Skriniar, Shaw and Toney all on £160k+ deals run out in 18 months and all will be 32 or older so might be clearing those deals off the books as well.

I was lucky with Ferguson as Brighton got relegated first season so he only cost me £20mill

On 09/05/2023 at 01:06, ThanatosAFC said:

I highly recommend Thuram from Nice, fairly cheap and he has been brilliant for me.

GK wise I got Bijlow from Feyenoord, he's been very good for me. Just won golden glove in the league for the 3rd season running and won world goalkeeper of the year. Another one is Carnesecchi.

Caicedo is also a great successor to Casemiro.

End of January of the 26/27 season

A few young players in on the first day of the window that had been organised for a while.  I spent ages looking at young English players and Martin Allen, Dom Baker, Alex Tremble and Dan Rhodes were the best.

image.png.e110fe1de3dc8499927a2f2e798ef621.png

I was not going to sell anyone but

image.png.0c5e73e8be17f5c53ce5d31c721c18e1.png

Real came in with a late bid for Toney, he had 2.5 years left on his deal and was on £190k and i had cover up front so decided to sell, £60 mill was far too good to turn down.  He signed an 18 month contract on £135k, no idea why he did that but not complaining

Champions league group stage is complete with a few surprises

image.thumb.png.93482f26817cba547e8586fc4b186106.png

Crystal Palace going unbeaten and finishing 4th!!

PSG scrapping through

Premier League, we have been immense

image.png.4ae269df580d3796500b550e684a7aae.png

Losses away at Spurs, which was an awful game, we had nothing all game.

Away at Chelsea we created nothing and lost 2-1.

Drew away to Bournemouth, no idea how this was a draw, should have scored a bucket load their keeper got a 8.7.  xg was 1.26 for them, 3.66 for us.  One of those games.

Overall going well, got a EFL Cup final against the noisy neighbours to look forward to as well.

So season 5 is finished, and it has been another great season.

Firstly Bijlow won world goalkeeper of the year.

BIJLOWBESTGK.thumb.png.7c2516259ca677ad434b2fb2870ae08e.png

He's turned out to be an incredible buy, possibly my best in the save, he was a huge reason why we won the champs league last season with his penalty shootout heroics.

We started the season off by winning the community shield and Super cup against Man City and Juventus.

Now to the league, and for the 3rd season in a row we dominated the league.

s5league.thumb.png.ad68216cfdf3932aed0255a37c5b41f7.png

Palace finishing in 2nd was a massive surprise throughout the season, as all the other teams really struggled. Bijlow won golden glove for the 3rd season running, Hojlund was my top scorer this season and stepped up in starting to takeover from Kane.

Corbalan my young Argentinean, had a great season and won young player of the year for the league.

corbalanyoung.png.ecabc8235822e758c14e9783bd27aee5.png 

Now to the cups.

Champs league we unfortunately couldn't defend our title losing out to PSG in the semi finals.

After that amazing win over Chelsea, we went on to win our 3rd Carabao cup of the save.

s5carabaocup.thumb.png.2bada0c292da5a8f007b4a475e9aba51.png

Another comeback victory this time in the final, won us the trophy, Corbalan was excellent in that with a goal and a assist.

Fa cup is still a trophy we yet to win, but that has now finally changed as we won our 1st Fa cup of the save.

s5facup.thumb.png.2afe190b7e758f024f34e6c0a1fd0837.png

We managed to have a fairly easy run in the cup for the 1st time and it paid off, the final was tougher game than I expected but we got over the line.

So a domestic treble to go with last seasons League, Carabao cup and champs league treble, and we are definitely now the dominant team in England.

Here were the player stats.

s5playerstats.thumb.png.0a4932c8604499d2aa3b1baaf9c14513.png

Kane, Hojlund and Rashford all spreading out the goals well, with Bruno also having his best goal scoring season for me. As mentioned before Corbalan was brilliant, 18 assists in all comps is great, and he took Antony and Sancho's position in this team.

Now the big question do I carry on????

I said this would be my final season, and it was a great season to finish on if I do. Either way the save won't end as there's too many great regens on the game to end the save, and I want to see how good some of my young players become.

So my options are:

1 - Stay for 1 more season, mainly due to my youngsters Corbalan, Davis and Mainoo. Then no matter what will leave at the end of season 6 to manage a different team in the save.

2 - We have dominated the league in the last 3 seasons, so not sure if I would get abit bored doing 1 more season, so leave now with a couple of options for jobs being Roma, Inter or Sevilla. With the potential of coming back to Man Utd in 3-4 seasons time for 1 final season or 2.

7 hours ago, sedge11 said:

So season 5 is finished, and it has been another great season.

Firstly Bijlow won world goalkeeper of the year.

BIJLOWBESTGK.thumb.png.7c2516259ca677ad434b2fb2870ae08e.png

He's turned out to be an incredible buy, possibly my best in the save, he was a huge reason why we won the champs league last season with his penalty shootout heroics.

We started the season off by winning the community shield and Super cup against Man City and Juventus.

Now to the league, and for the 3rd season in a row we dominated the league.

s5league.thumb.png.ad68216cfdf3932aed0255a37c5b41f7.png

Palace finishing in 2nd was a massive surprise throughout the season, as all the other teams really struggled. Bijlow won golden glove for the 3rd season running, Hojlund was my top scorer this season and stepped up in starting to takeover from Kane.

Corbalan my young Argentinean, had a great season and won young player of the year for the league.

corbalanyoung.png.ecabc8235822e758c14e9783bd27aee5.png 

Now to the cups.

Champs league we unfortunately couldn't defend our title losing out to PSG in the semi finals.

After that amazing win over Chelsea, we went on to win our 3rd Carabao cup of the save.

s5carabaocup.thumb.png.2bada0c292da5a8f007b4a475e9aba51.png

Another comeback victory this time in the final, won us the trophy, Corbalan was excellent in that with a goal and a assist.

Fa cup is still a trophy we yet to win, but that has now finally changed as we won our 1st Fa cup of the save.

s5facup.thumb.png.2afe190b7e758f024f34e6c0a1fd0837.png

We managed to have a fairly easy run in the cup for the 1st time and it paid off, the final was tougher game than I expected but we got over the line.

So a domestic treble to go with last seasons League, Carabao cup and champs league treble, and we are definitely now the dominant team in England.

Here were the player stats.

s5playerstats.thumb.png.0a4932c8604499d2aa3b1baaf9c14513.png

Kane, Hojlund and Rashford all spreading out the goals well, with Bruno also having his best goal scoring season for me. As mentioned before Corbalan was brilliant, 18 assists in all comps is great, and he took Antony and Sancho's position in this team.

Now the big question do I carry on????

I said this would be my final season, and it was a great season to finish on if I do. Either way the save won't end as there's too many great regens on the game to end the save, and I want to see how good some of my young players become.

So my options are:

1 - Stay for 1 more season, mainly due to my youngsters Corbalan, Davis and Mainoo. Then no matter what will leave at the end of season 6 to manage a different team in the save.

2 - We have dominated the league in the last 3 seasons, so not sure if I would get abit bored doing 1 more season, so leave now with a couple of options for jobs being Roma, Inter or Sevilla. With the potential of coming back to Man Utd in 3-4 seasons time for 1 final season or 2.

I start to prefer it after the known players are going and being replaced by newgens.

Scouting for the next best players and seeing them improve is the best part of this game for me.  Currently found this guy

image.png.6c807b505885d210e6e5d43fae739f1e.png

He was already immense but his improvement in 10 months has been insane, was wondering when to replace fernandes and i think Matias has just done it

Really disappointed with the Champions League Quarter Finals in the 26/27 season

image.thumb.png.453d860422b2ee05edb70ed061a14f5f.png

Apart from Liverpool it is really weak.

Palace knocked out Real Madrid 

RB Leipzig knocked out Bayern

Leverkusen knocked out Man City

Semi Final

image.thumb.png.74f0e4e8b59e9e45101402464a8d14d7.png

The Italian clubs are not very good so winner will come out of Liverpool or Me, my  recent record against Liverpool

image.thumb.png.c32e507fb736f5220ef865525d125350.png

If i don't win it this year i will be very disappointed

Anyone have any ideas on how to realistically add Sir Jim Ratcliffe as owner for United using the editor? Tried simply adding him as owner, removing the Glazers (leeches), but finances become way off - had a -138m balance end of season 1 with barely any transfer budget - any ideas?

1 hour ago, ThanatosAFC said:

So how we feel about Scottie? Arsenal came in with a loan offer with a mandatory fee of £20 mil included. Do you guys keep him around or do you move him?

I binned him off as soon as I could, not good enough. Believe I sold him to Porto for about 24 mil.

On 12/05/2023 at 16:21, molemenacer said:

I start to prefer it after the known players are going and being replaced by newgens.

Scouting for the next best players and seeing them improve is the best part of this game for me.  Currently found this guy

image.png.6c807b505885d210e6e5d43fae739f1e.png

He was already immense but his improvement in 10 months has been insane, was wondering when to replace fernandes and i think Matias has just done it

Yea I enjoy the newgens coming through as well. I think Corbalan is gonna become one of the best in the game on mine.

Fuentes looks really good, play a couple of positions as well. Another Argie just like Corbalan haha.