FM23: Manchester United The Ten Hag era

sedge11

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Matty89 said:

I want to play a 4-3-3 (2 cm's & 1 dm) but ive always found it hard to make it work

Cant get goals from midfield from Bruno for example 

Any suggestions not started the save yet but will be later on tonight any advice is welcome :)

Mid block works for me but I'm quite dependent on Ronaldo for that tactic.

Thanks for all the suggestions but I went with the highest recommendation from my scouts in the end.

S2 is tough due to the low transfer budget and I really had to scrape the barrel to get signings. These are my additions :

image.png.19dde1a9f1b980674ac416752a3661b0.pngimage.png.845ea2557a2b652295f24ecf3e2a7730.png

Sold these and still trying to sell Dean Henderson and Alex Telles:

image.png.2d5cf1f58fa7877d6687bc8d6492fb07.png

Am 2.1.2023 um 23:47 schrieb Gee_Simpson:

So he's an idiot in the game as well as real life 😂 That's realistic at least!

True but not quite beneficial in terms of my managerial team support.

So far there are no noticeable effects on and off the field, hope it stays that way and the team continues the good league form. So far the best league performance was a 1-0 home derby win vs City. We managed to shut the City offence over the full 90min, no shot on target. Pep even subbed in an injured Haaland at half time, only to replace him in the last 10min. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those playing with a 4-3-3DM what role do you use next to a Mezzela? Tried CM-support, CM - Attack, Roaming Playmaker. 

Want to build in possession a 2-3-5 but the CM who plays next to my Mezzela plays too deep for the build structure I want to play with 

9 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

For those playing with a 4-3-3DM what role do you use next to a Mezzela? Tried CM-support, CM - Attack, Roaming Playmaker. 

Want to build in possession a 2-3-5 but the CM who plays next to my Mezzela plays too deep for the build structure I want to play with 

AP-S dovetails very well with a mezzala. 

On 01/01/2023 at 07:15, Gee_Simpson said:

Does anyone in here use Daveincid's realism pack?

I'm actually about to start my first save with 23 using this.

Still new to the series as I only started with 22 a few months ago and hadn't gotten through a full year in it yet. Funny thing is I knew nothing about soccer in general prior to picking it up from the amazon offer for free so it's been a big learning experience for me. 

Anyway, started this save up and about to get started with it. I don't want to run around grabbing hot prospects or anything like that so I'm going to limit myself to what my scouts find and working from that. I'm primarily going to be looking for wing backs to strengthen that area of the team as I feel those positions are the ones I'm least excited about. I've spent a lot of time researching roles and tactics and all of that and think I've settled on what I want from them but curious is anyone has any feedback on them. :)

image.png.c44c80c10f2349e1bd0bfaa87de9cd4d.png

Going with the classic 4-2-3-1 as my main tactic, primarily intended for teams I outclass. I have dribble less selected as most of my playmakers aren't great at it and can just use individual player roles for the ones that can do it. I've read a lot about Martinez being hit and miss for different people but feel that using him as an aggressive stopper might play to his strengths best so I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs there. 

image.png.59a417d6908f17ca3078ad540d6bbcfc.png

This is meant to be my go to for more competitive games. I wanted to still have enough offensive presence to score and hoping that the more narrow defensive formation can help the midfield keep control of the ball. 

Any suggestions before I jump in? :D

1 hour ago, SKL45 said:

In season 1 and have been playing rashford out wide but I’m looking to make him my main striker once ronaldo leaves. Any tips on what to train in individual training or any good player traits to develop?

If was me probably Deep-Lying Forward due to the way I play 

Started my United save with the latest transfer updates.  Mr Weghorst as a Target Man/Pressing Forward lone striker all season carrying us to Europa victory.

0bd065e8cb1d74b4e8983430b8333839.png

My second seasons transfers are abit crazy. Here they are, I could not refuse PSG's incredible offer for Bruno, they initially offered 74m all up front and i've managed to get it up to 147m with alot of it spread in installments (I think it was 97m up front and 50m over 3 years). Only player I bought in Season 1 was Asprilla from Watford and two unorthodox loan signings from Brazil. Everyone else was second season (Still waiting to play my first match).

I initially wanted Calvert Lewin but he picked Chelsea over me even though I offered him 20k more a week and we come Third in the league and won the Europa while Chelsea come 6th or 7th, sacked Potter and hired Zidane. So just went for the risky buys of Toney & Iheanacho as I want to start playing 2 up top as thats what I have always done every FM and I couldn't last season with the squad I had really. Neves to replace Bruno in Midfield & Baku to replace Dalot as hes bang average on this game, I prefer AWB. Roberto on a free transfer to mentor some youth I have., same with Dante actually as hes a Model Professional. I still have abit left in the kitty, I am trying to offload Maguire and Lindelof, if I can I would LOVE to get De Ligt but I dont think he has much interest in joining

I feel like Tony & Iheanacho could be real handfuls up front with Neves, Case and Eriksen behind them.

cdf7eda16c711ec2b781ef171b0c13a8.png

bfa46a4eaf3462da15b7e07ff6ba9ddb.png

Edit, just went ahead and paid 70m for the boy wonder. 20m up front, 50m over 3 years.

b5e63aa1702579acc009acc3c8d127cd-png.jpg

Edited by Verby

Has anyone massively reduced the debt or the club got sold?

Would really like to massively reduce debt, nearing the end of season 3 and i'm nearly 350 million in debt. Got wages down to 5 million and about to let eriksen and de gea leave on frees and already have their replacements. Don't plan to buy anyone and probably need to let go a few extra wide men to bring in a 150+ mil hopefully. Will have to reduce bonus payments drastically.

Any other tips?

10 minutes ago, Swaban said:

I've just started a United save & hoping to try and keep it fairly realistic. Who have you guys bought as a Casemiro back up / rotational option? 

Fred and Mc Tominay will do 1st season then signed Palhinha from fulham and untrained dive into tackles and then let the first two go, got decent money for both. 

1 hour ago, CommanderWaterford said:

Can one use the official in-game editor to get the Glazers to sell the club?

Not the in game editor or at least i cant see a section where you can do it

BUT

You can i believe set it in the pre game one so that they want to sell

On 21/01/2023 at 00:24, W2C said:

I'm actually about to start my first save with 23 using this.

Still new to the series as I only started with 22 a few months ago and hadn't gotten through a full year in it yet. Funny thing is I knew nothing about soccer in general prior to picking it up from the amazon offer for free so it's been a big learning experience for me. 

Anyway, started this save up and about to get started with it. I don't want to run around grabbing hot prospects or anything like that so I'm going to limit myself to what my scouts find and working from that. I'm primarily going to be looking for wing backs to strengthen that area of the team as I feel those positions are the ones I'm least excited about. I've spent a lot of time researching roles and tactics and all of that and think I've settled on what I want from them but curious is anyone has any feedback on them. :)

image.png.c44c80c10f2349e1bd0bfaa87de9cd4d.png

Going with the classic 4-2-3-1 as my main tactic, primarily intended for teams I outclass. I have dribble less selected as most of my playmakers aren't great at it and can just use individual player roles for the ones that can do it. I've read a lot about Martinez being hit and miss for different people but feel that using him as an aggressive stopper might play to his strengths best so I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs there. 

image.png.59a417d6908f17ca3078ad540d6bbcfc.png

This is meant to be my go to for more competitive games. I wanted to still have enough offensive presence to score and hoping that the more narrow defensive formation can help the midfield keep control of the ball. 

Any suggestions before I jump in? :D

Just got FM23 for PS5 and just waiting for the data update before I dive in with United.

How have your tactics worked out for you so far?

Also what players are you looking to replace first?

On 05/02/2023 at 02:11, Matty89 said:

Not the in game editor or at least i cant see a section where you can do it

BUT

You can i believe set it in the pre game one so that they want to sell

For me now the takeover process started in September 2025. I'm in early Dec now and still no new owner, I assume it will be embargo in the January window and then a new owner in place before Easter...

If anyone wants it, here's a potentially interesting save.  

It picks up just after the end of the Premier League season in 2026.  Manchester City have edged Liverpool, winning the title on the final day.  Newcastle and Arsenal round out the Champions League places.  United sacked Eric Ten Haag in November 2025 with the team sputtering along in the bottom half.  His replacement, Ruud van Nistelrooy, failed to get the team firing at all, and they spent the rest of the season trying to get out of 17th.  Ultimately, by drawing with 5th place Chelsea on the final day combined with a Southampton loss, United successfully avoided relegation.  They were a little unlucky, underperforming xG, xGA and expected points, but their true performance level was only 14th.  

United's squad has a lot of familiar names: Dean Henderson in goal, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Lisandro Martinez, Diogo Dalot, and Luke Shaw in defense; Casemiro, Hannibal, Amad Diallo and Shoretide in midfield; and Antony, Garnacho and Charlie McNeil in attack.  Sancho, Martial, Elanga and Marc Jurado are still at the club but out on loan.  Duvan Zapata was United's top scorer with six Premier League goals.  Adrien Rabiot is a midfield option as well.  Mehdi Taremi is an option in attack.  Khephrem Thuram partners Casemiro in midfield and is the club's vice-captain.  

In the save, van Nistelrooy is under contract for two more years, but based on his performance there's no justification for keeping his job. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lmvxgkb7nmlaye0/ManU_Almost_Relegated.fm/file

So I wasn't happy with my 1st Man utd save, mainly down to my transfers so I'm back and have started a new one.

I have downloaded a couple of updates,  one is the Pr0 update mentioned above, with up to date transfers, plus with the Glazers willing to sell etc. I have also downloaded an update with the real life fixtures and results.

So instead of starting on todays date or from the beginning of the season, I decided to load the Brazilian league so I could start in December, again with all the real life results. I did this to give me time to sort staff, transfer targets etc and it also means I will still get the youth intake which I wanted. It also just to add something different as with the update we have Arsenal top, and both Liverpool and Chelsea struggling.

This is the start we have had so far.

1814374385_startsofar.png.a8aacf3f50eb7941a86b384d6b02928a.png

Rashford playing as the striker is on fire. I usually like playing a 4-3-3, but in my save in Germany I had just finished I developed a 4-2-3-1 which has been quite good.

1609806389_tactic1.png.bfedbdc59df44ff8a6771a194e4c4fce.png

Now as the update I'm using has the Glazers wanting to sell, it didn't take long to get this message.

tycoon.png.7986b0caba680aa86ccd5669fe340078.png

Be quite happy if we get a tycoon, now as Man utd we don't need the money but its still nice to get a good takeover instead of the boring promotion from within takeovers.

Though we might get taken over by a tycoon, I intend to be clever with transfers, so I have already agreed to sign N'Dicka from Frankfurt on a free at the end of the season, and I'm doing everything to get Tielemans on a free as well, I can't offer him a contract as of yet so I'm doing my best to stop him signing a new deal with Leicester.

Striker is obviously the big one, and I have Vlahovic, Kane, Osimhen and Evanilson on my shortlist for that position.

So lets finish the season and see how we can finish off Ten Hag's good work from the start.

On 12/02/2023 at 22:07, sedge11 said:

So I wasn't happy with my 1st Man utd save, mainly down to my transfers so I'm back and have started a new one.

I have downloaded a couple of updates,  one is the Pr0 update mentioned above, with up to date transfers, plus with the Glazers willing to sell etc. I have also downloaded an update with the real life fixtures and results.

So instead of starting on todays date or from the beginning of the season, I decided to load the Brazilian league so I could start in December, again with all the real life results. I did this to give me time to sort staff, transfer targets etc and it also means I will still get the youth intake which I wanted. It also just to add something different as with the update we have Arsenal top, and both Liverpool and Chelsea struggling.

This is the start we have had so far.

1814374385_startsofar.png.a8aacf3f50eb7941a86b384d6b02928a.png

Rashford playing as the striker is on fire. I usually like playing a 4-3-3, but in my save in Germany I had just finished I developed a 4-2-3-1 which has been quite good.

1609806389_tactic1.png.bfedbdc59df44ff8a6771a194e4c4fce.png

Now as the update I'm using has the Glazers wanting to sell, it didn't take long to get this message.

tycoon.png.7986b0caba680aa86ccd5669fe340078.png

Be quite happy if we get a tycoon, now as Man utd we don't need the money but its still nice to get a good takeover instead of the boring promotion from within takeovers.

Though we might get taken over by a tycoon, I intend to be clever with transfers, so I have already agreed to sign N'Dicka from Frankfurt on a free at the end of the season, and I'm doing everything to get Tielemans on a free as well, I can't offer him a contract as of yet so I'm doing my best to stop him signing a new deal with Leicester.

Striker is obviously the big one, and I have Vlahovic, Kane, Osimhen and Evanilson on my shortlist for that position.

So lets finish the season and see how we can finish off Ten Hag's good work from the start.

Any chance of you uploading your save at all? 

New era begins...

6WbwUvr.png

So Glazers finally leave Manchseter and club is sold to billionaire Jim Ratcliff.

What benefits from this changes (we talk about fm mostly) ?

- Underwriter status of the owner. So we shouldn`t expect any notable money injections but we can be sure that the club with its huge debts will not descend into uncontrolled financial chaos.

Links with Nice and Lausanne, another clubs owned by Ratcliffs. So we have extra loan options, extensive knowlege of Swiss and French markets and growing popularity of Man Utd in these countries.

Manager

EQlex3R.jpg

Young and ambitious. English with 2nd Danish nationality, born in Copenhagen.

SEASON 2022 - 2023

DluVSNc.png

Fantastic treble! I knew the quality of the team but didn`t expect that we will so successfull.

Premier League

xMmrxc6.png 

Absolutely deserved title. We have kept great form till the end and rewrote the club history with the most points per season, most wins and goals scored.

Matches to remember

jTBlCpH.png

UEFA Europa League

0FhnDkI.png

Pretty easy group and really tough knock-outs. The final was great. Both team showed the performance of CL Final level.

5fnKBH1.png

Emirates FA Cup

AGxjyd0.png

We beat Chelsea, Man City (abslolutely mad 5-1) on our way to final where in tough match grabbed the title. Liverpool shooted but we scored)

UcMoiwT.png

Carabao Cup

Fm2hS4F.png

Here we also faced not easy draw. At this final Liverpool was better.

VZ3pHCZ.png

The Squad

Transfers

Almost none. The only signing in January was young talent from affiliate Nice 22px-Flag_of_France_(1794%E2%80%931815,_1830%E2%80%931974,_2020%E2%80%93present).svg.png Khephren Thuram who imediately was sent on loan to Wolves until the end of the season. Interesting that we have also agreed future free transfer of his brother Marcus from Borussia M.

Also in January we left Tuanzebe to Atletico on loan with mandatory future fee. And some young players were also sent on loan to gain experience at more competitve level than youth leagues.

Squad profile and stats

V3QP4zV.png

Ronaldo was phenomenal in his 38 with 44 goals in all competitions. But I`m glad with all attacking line. Sancho, Antony, Rashford, Martial showed top level. I should also point young  Garncacho who took every chance to show his excellent skills. Fernandes and Eriksen orchestrated in the center of the pitch, Varane was a rock in defense and De Gea showed he deserved new contract. Luckly he agreed huge drop in wage from 375 to 175k per week.

B4eUDVT.png

Amost agree with Best XI from FM version. Only change I would make - Antony instead of Sancho on the right wing.

Plans for the summer

We have already agreed future transfers of 4 players. 

Vrje2cl.pngsIc5jSF.png

Massive upgrade to our defensive line with one of the most promising English fullbacks Aarons and Mitchell. And two Frenchs from Bundesliga. Previously anounced Thuram and one of the Hertha leaders Tousart.

Also we are in later stages of negotiations with Bayern star defender Lucas Hernandez. It should be big deal for us as he is one of the world`s best left-footed center-back. 53M is approximate price.

Another task is to get rid from players who are not in my plans. Ronaldo (tough decision to not extend contract but right for the future), Jones, Heaton will leave the club after the end of contract. Dubravka returns to Newcastle. And then I need to find a new club for Shaw, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof and Fred

And also I plan to rebuild the staff. We need to reduce some numbers especially in recruiting team and upgrade some weak positions.

image.png

Edited by Vladis

7 hours ago, Vladis said:

New era begins...

6WbwUvr.png

So Glazers finally leave Manchseter and club is sold to billionaire Jim Ratcliff.

What benefits from this changes (we talk about fm mostly) ?

- Underwriter status of the owner. So we shouldn`t expect any notable money injections but we can be sure that the club with its huge debts will not descend into uncontrolled financial chaos.

Did you set this up in the pre game editor or was an update you found?

4 hours ago, Vladis said:

Hi, @sedge11. Yes, I used pre-game editor. 

Nice, adds something different to a normal Man Utd save. I've got an update where the Glazers want to sell and get a takeover, it hasn't happened yet but constant talk of it.

On 14/02/2023 at 11:11, davecrossley33 said:

Any chance of you uploading your save at all? 

Wouldn't even know how, plus I'm fair way through now. It is easy to start though, just need the 2 updates.

On 03/01/2023 at 08:03, RuokOrnot said:

Thanks for all the suggestions but I went with the highest recommendation from my scouts in the end.

S2 is tough due to the low transfer budget and I really had to scrape the barrel to get signings. These are my additions :

image.png.19dde1a9f1b980674ac416752a3661b0.pngimage.png.845ea2557a2b652295f24ecf3e2a7730.png

That's some mighty fine barrel scraping!

It took longer than expected, but have finished the 1st season.

Lets start with the takeover, as mentioned I am using an update where the Glazers want to sell. It took until May but we got a takevoer.

manutakeover.png.b184555e3372ea1fc07d16384922b66f.png

Now we may not need the money as Man Utd, but getting a Tycoon takeover is kind of fun.

Now onto the season, as we know I took over in December with the real life results up to that date. We had a great 2nd half of the season only losing 2 league games but ultimately we fell just short of the title, but to get that close I was happy.

leagues1.thumb.png.5524701665384187296c247cc8836098.png

It ended a close battle, and Man City pretty much threw it away, losing 1 and drawing 2 in their final 5 games. The player stats were from 22-23 games, so Rashford had a great season scoring 21 from 23 games.

Onto the cups.

FA cup we lost to Leicester in the quarter finals, Man City ended up winning it.

Carabao cup - we won it beating West Ham 2-1 in the final, Sancho and Casemiro with the goals. We had a pretty easy run through to win it, so nice to get that 1st trophy.

carabaocups1.png.52556db41bfcf53ced569611b290d009.png

The Europa league, we were given a really tough run beating Inter, Freiburg and then Barcelona to reach the final against Leipzig.

It was a tense final, Werner scored early on, then Rashford equalised just before half time, it then ended up going all the way to penalties. Bruno missed the 1st pen, then De Gea saved Leipzig's 5th to take us to sudden death.........

europaleagues1.thumb.png.9c8e7523845f90c5be400119917f4ec7.png

De Gea saved another pen, then Martinez stepped up and scored the winner giving us the the Europa league title. 

Here was our run.

europawins1.png.08edb48733e191924d29cae84858b15c.png

So overall a great season with 2 trophies, and something to build on.

doubles1.png.be9687326b8722c0f672e0761e3094cd.png

Rashford had an incredible season scoring 35 goals in all comps, was top scorer in the Europa league and got 20+ in the league. Bruno and Sancho both got into double figures for goals and assists. Varane and Martinez a constant at the back, with Varane the better of the 2 with a higher average rating. Garnacho and Mainoo both getting plenty of game time under me and are developing nicely.

In our youth intake, we had 1 very good player come through, probably the best one I have had come through for a good couple of FM's.

kehoe.thumb.png.7560bd4ffe68f9c668f2aeceaf848cea.png

So now onto the summer to build for season 2.

Maguire, Mctominay, Williams and Donny all want to leave due to lack of game time, and will all be sold. Butland and Weghorst will leave after their loans, while Sabitzer I'm unsure what to do with him. Martial and Elanga are also 2 players I will look to move on.

N'dicka is already agreed for a free and will replace Maguire. Tielemans could be got on a free, but now with the takeover I'm very tempted to get Bellingham and have a Bellingham Casemiro midfield 2.

But striker is the big position to fill, I could go all out and try to sign Osimhen or Vlahovic, or keep Rashford as the striker and sign a more rotational striker in Evanilson or Moukoko.

Amad and Hannibal may be loaned back out, but Amad may end up staying with us.

pkEXgDQ.png

Another successful season, though without most desired title. 

Transfers

Z0FTcg2.png

Summer signings I already presented in previous post. We got a good money for Wan-Bissaka and Lindelof. And Ronaldo left the club after the end of contract.

Download Free Premier League File ICON favicon | FreePNGImg Premier League

XFhLkeb.png

First part of the season was not really great as I was tinkering with a tactic a lot, even switched from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 for a few matches but then returned to more familiar for me formation.  Near to February we finally got some consistency and great run until the finish allowed us first to catch City and then win the league thanks to a strong-willed victory over Norwich in the last tour.

1200px-UEFA_Champions_League.svg.png UEFA Champions League

k8ibZcj.png

Not the hardest draw through this year campaign. Napoli was tough - Kvaratskhelia and Osimhen was a nightmare for our defense in the first match. The final was...well, we didn't have any chances, Liverpool was unstoppable and luckily score is only 1-2.

FA_Cup_2020.png Emirates FA Cup

fHKslrX.png

Tough draw - firstly Newcastle and then Chelsea and Man City. 

EFL_(Carabao)_Cup_Logo.svg Carabao (EFL) Cup

n6bRHEW.png

And again top club already in the third round. Besides, that period of time was vulnerable for us in terms of overall performance.

1200px-UEFA_Super_Cup_logo.svg.png UEFA Super Cup

K8MxRYW.png

As you can see we not only finished the season with European fixture against Liverpool but started it with them too. But in this match we were better. I would prefer to swap these performances of course.

FA_Community_Shield_logo.png FA Community Shield

D6gCjwz.png

And another minor trophy in our collection. Though it always nicely to beat our main rivals.

Players stats

6g3XtTT.png

Even despite pretty good stats I slightly concerned with Rashford performance. He missed so many good chances. May be it`s because he is still not 100% familiar with striker position (though he trained AF role whole season). 

40 minutes ago, coxy100 said:

What option do you choose in the editor to get a takeover like you've done? 

I'm looking in ownership and finances but struggling to find anything...

It`s impossible to get takeover you want, I guess. I just made Ratcliff and Co new owners manually and then in finances activated underwriter type of Sugar Daddy.

1 hour ago, Matty89 said:

Anyone been boosted in the update

Honestly lots of updates. Dalot, Martinez, Antony, Rashford, Garnacho got a ton of them. It's looking like Hannibal's potential got gutted though. Sancho has taken a few dings but nothing too bad. 

1 hour ago, W2C said:

Honestly lots of updates. Dalot, Martinez, Antony, Rashford, Garnacho got a ton of them. It's looking like Hannibal's potential got gutted though. Sancho has taken a few dings but nothing too bad. 

cheers guys been at work

26 minutes ago, Matty89 said:

cheers guys been at work

These are just the ones I've noticed from a quick glance.

Sancho has definitely taken a hit. 1 to agility, corners, off the ball, heading, long shots. 2 to aggression, decisions, and jumping. That's all I've noticed

Rashford got a bump of 4 to heading, 3 to work rate, 2 to jumping reach and strength, 1 to bravery, concentration, decisions, determination, leadership, off the ball, and stamina

casimiro got a +1 to heading, +3 to anticipation, and +1 to jumping reach

Bruno got a minor boost to anticipation and decisions

Garnacho 2 to both acceleration and pace, as well as balance, work rate, teamwork, off the ball, concentration, aggression, anticipation, +5 to natural fitness, +4 to vision, +1 to bravery and crossing. He did take a ding of -2 to determination, and -1 to heading. lol

Dalot got +2 for heading, determination, vision, jumping reach, and strength +1 to anticipation, bravery, positioning, work rate, and stamina

Martinez got +5 to determination, +2 to anticipation,  +1 to first touch, tackling, aggression, bravery,  positioning, acceletation, agility, and pace -1 to dribbling, long shots, and free kick taking

1 hour ago, W2C said:

These are just the ones I've noticed from a quick glance.

Sancho has definitely taken a hit. 1 to agility, corners, off the ball, heading, long shots. 2 to aggression, decisions, and jumping. That's all I've noticed

Rashford got a bump of 4 to heading, 3 to work rate, 2 to jumping reach and strength, 1 to bravery, concentration, decisions, determination, leadership, off the ball, and stamina

casimiro got a +1 to heading, +3 to anticipation, and +1 to jumping reach

Bruno got a minor boost to anticipation and decisions

Garnacho 2 to both acceleration and pace, as well as balance, work rate, teamwork, off the ball, concentration, aggression, anticipation, +5 to natural fitness, +4 to vision, +1 to bravery and crossing. He did take a ding of -2 to determination, and -1 to heading. lol

Dalot got +2 for heading, determination, vision, jumping reach, and strength +1 to anticipation, bravery, positioning, work rate, and stamina

Martinez got +5 to determination, +2 to anticipation,  +1 to first touch, tackling, aggression, bravery,  positioning, acceletation, agility, and pace -1 to dribbling, long shots, and free kick taking

Martinez still not got the bump needed for his defending attributes, of heading, marking and tackling only tackling increased by 1

Rashford's having the best scoring season and the number of downgrades is a head scratch vs FM22 profile (attributes were butchered on FM23 release). Anticipation -2 Composure -1 bravery -1 work rate -3. Anticipation and Composure are key to the consistency of the scoring run he's been on.

Just something to keep in mind - without going too much into how the sausage is made, each researcher is given an upper limit in terms of CA allocation amongst the first team. For the first time in a few seasons we're performing at a level where I have us right at that upper limit. Any significant attribute increase (even a +1 if it's in a highly-weighted attribute for the player's position) means an increase in CA, so either other attributes need to come down or, if the CA is going up, someone else's CA needs to come down in order to balance it out. There are a few players (Rashford and Martinez certainly amongst them) who I would have liked to rated a bit higher, and hopefully if the team continue in the same vein in real life I'll be able to do that come the summer (unfortunately there will always be a bit of a lag when you've got a team that's rapidly improving or declining).