Styling Match Score Area

bahmet

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

are we talking the line up screen ?

if it is, then you can probably just copy "match preview lineups panel.xml" into the comp folder and make it look like yo want.

if i am completely wrong here, don't mind me. I just woke up :D

Last year bundesliga was hardcoded so don't believe that will work? Might be wrong though.

If i've understood right its taking the scoreboard for example, which is formatted for UCL/Bundesliga etc. thanks to licenses, and use skinning instructions to have specific scoreboard looks by competition you're in. For example in La Liga/Serie A/Premier League/Fa Cup an so on...

9 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Last year bundesliga was hardcoded so don't believe that will work? Might be wrong though.

If i've understood right its taking the scoreboard for example, which is formatted for UCL/Bundesliga etc. thanks to licenses, and use skinning instructions to have specific scoreboard looks by competition you're in. For example in La Liga/Serie A/Premier League/Fa Cup an so on...

last year and this year i use the scoreboard from @michaeltmurrayuk ( the scoreboard mod ) and it works fine, so surely more can be edited to suit the diff leagues.

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

last year and this year i use the scoreboard from @michaeltmurrayuk ( the scoreboard mod ) and it works fine, so surely more can be edited to suit the diff leagues.

I use a custom one too, but if you run custom skin in Bundesliga for example - the game overrides to the bundesliga scoreboard because of the license (unless thats changed...)-  I havent seen anything where it changes depending on the competiton, though the files for bundesliga suggest it would be doable I agree...

11 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

I use a custom one too, but if you run custom skin in Bundesliga for example - the game overrides to the bundesliga scoreboard because of the license (unless thats changed...)-  I havent seen anything where it changes depending on the competiton, though the files for bundesliga suggest it would be doable I agree...

it's working fine, just like last year..

i use this for all comps, but my guess is that you would be able to use any scoreboard you like

ger.PNG

6 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i use this for all comps, but my guess is that you would be able to use any scoreboard you like

ger.PNG

I stand corrected :) - Ok thats interesting, have you ever done anything where it'd change by competition? I might have a dig into the default comp code and see if it makes any difference but been a while since I last edited much on my skins! 

Just now, giglet13 said:

I stand corrected :) - Ok thats interesting, have you ever done anything where it'd change by competition? I might have a dig into the default comp code and see if it makes any difference but been a while since I last edited much on my skins! 

i have not, i just made it the same for all comps. but can't be that hard, just copy the "match score area panel.xml" into the comps folder you like and it "should" work, still no guarantees

Just now, snowofman said:

i have not, i just made it the same for all comps. but can't be that hard, just copy the "match score area panel.xml" into the comps folder you like and it "should" work, still no guarantees

Hmm, problem is dictating the competition -  quick glance suggests this bit of code at the start of each Comp > Match score area panel >

<!--Alternate UI mode-->
    <integer id="alSM" value="5" />

With the value changing for each competiton -  is what links it to some hidden code to override for some competitoons and not others? Everything else seems standard interface instructions for the score area itself. Is the 'alSM' bit controlled by a config instruction anywhere, translating value to COMP ID's? This now goes way beyond my level of competency so open plea for help haha

4 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Hmm, problem is dictating the competition -  quick glance suggests this bit of code at the start of each Comp > Match score area panel >

<!--Alternate UI mode-->

With the value changing for each competiton -  is what links it to some hidden code to override for some competitoons and not others? Everything else seems standard interface instructions for the score area itself. Is the 'alSM' bit controlled by a config instruction anywhere, translating value to COMP ID's? This now goes way beyond my level of competency so open plea for help haha

We been nagging the devs for that to not be 'under the hood' so we can tie custom ones to new leagues.  We'll let you know if we get anywhere, 

10 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

<!--Alternate UI mode-->

i don't have that code piece in my scoreboards... and it's working fine

cl pic

cl.PNG.bb69e1e4ae2a4198e8e14bafaa41bef5.PNG

Edited by snowofman

6 minutes ago, snowofman said:

i don't have that code piece in my scoreboards... and it's working fine

cl pic

cl.PNG.bb69e1e4ae2a4198e8e14bafaa41bef5.PNG

This is about having the scoreboard appearance change to different ones depending on competiton, eg. play in EPL it looks like

image.png.3f6c5a8066eb68cf60a4c50192981800.png

And then UCL like this

image.png.eb93651fb64eb6a455266c0ba1b600fd.png

And so on...

6 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

This is about having the scoreboard appearance change to different ones depending on competiton, eg. play in EPL it looks like

image.png.3f6c5a8066eb68cf60a4c50192981800.png

And then UCL like this

image.png.eb93651fb64eb6a455266c0ba1b600fd.png

And so on...

might work because i just use the same, but i might give it a try later if it's not behaving like you want it too

As @wkdsoul said the licensed comp stuff looks to be hardcoded, so at best you can edit or remove the comp specific screens or set them as the default for all comps, but doesn't look like we can set our own comp screens :( 

Hopefully if SI continue to expand it, they'll in future be linked to the comp IDs, but at moment best option is to put a request for it in the feature requests forum, (or add your voice to an existing request if it exists).

On 23/10/2022 at 13:00, snowofman said:

ger.PNG

Can I ask you what and where I have to edit to use my own scoreboard everywhere? thanks

9 minutes ago, keysi said:

Can I ask you what and where I have to edit to use my own scoreboard everywhere? thanks

You may indeed

in FM22 we had a scoreboard in match folder and in comps/ger

i copy'ed the same files from the match folder into the ger folder to have germany to have the same scoreboard as everywhere else

same i have done this year, simply taken all files from the ger folder and replaced the files in the new folders

eng/efl 

and same for all the folders in eur

so all content is now the same all around

1 minute ago, snowofman said:

You may indeed

i copy'ed the same files from the match folder into the ger folder to have germany to have the same scoreboard as everywhere else

same i have done this year, simply taken all files from the ger folder and replaced the files in the new folders

eng/efl 

Ah, so essentially it follows the hardcoded 'alternive ui' step - but it's led to your skin files for the same scoreboard area everywhere.

But @michaeltmurrayuk we're missing the info from Si so we can't create new (eg. eng/epl or ita/seriea for example) and give instructions for those competitions as there is no hardcoded information already to direct the game to over-ride the default option. Is that correct?

Has anyone tried essentially adding to the alternative ui list eg.

<!--Alternate UI mode-->
    <integer id="alSM" value="6" 

Or is that a lost cause without some way to edit (assumedly) an index document that tells the game to interpret fixture comp ID to a value in that list. (I guess looking along the lines of if fixture is comp ID 1234, then alsm value = 1, and so on but in much more techy language!).

5 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Ah, so essentially it follows the hardcoded 'alternive ui' step - but it's led to your skin files for the same scoreboard area everywhere.

But @michaeltmurrayuk we're missing the info from Si so we can't create new (eg. eng/epl or ita/seriea for example) and give instructions for those competitions as there is no hardcoded information already to direct the game to over-ride the default option. Is that correct?

<!--Alternate UI mode-->

Or is that a lost cause without some way to edit (assumedly) an index document that tells the game to interpret fixture comp ID to a value in that list. (I guess looking along the lines of if fixture is comp ID 1234, then alsm value = 1, and so on but in much more techy language!).

I must say that i havnt tried to get anything else working, as i'm more then happy with the scoreboard i have ( the scoreboard mod from here )

but i can see others might have an interest in having different scoreboards depending on when and where.

10 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

<!--Alternate UI mode-->

i imagine the alSM value is hard coded, so 6 correlates to one directory, 5 to another and so one. i'll ask around

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

You may indeed

eng/efl 

Thank you, I remembered there was a thread about it. Just found it.

On 23/10/2022 at 12:39, snowofman said:

I can't seem to find the specific topic / website for his scoreboard mod. Do you know it perhaps?