FM23 Tactics x8 (Pulis 442 Def Hoof - 10.22 / 235 Inv Pyramid Pep FCB - 10.22 / 4231 Jose Ball - 10.22 / 433 BJT Ball - 10.22 / 4132 Pep FCB - 10.22 / 2323 Barca MSN - 11.22 / BJT DREAMZ 3421 90s/00s - 11.22) / BJT 4222 REAL.MADRID GALACTICOS 00s - 12.22

• 3 weeks later...

Love these concepts and the work you’ve put into this. I’m gonna give the Madrid Galacticos tactic a roll with Bayern. I think they’ll be strong enough. I’m looking forward to Davies on the left on his own and Musiala at AMC. Up front might be a struggle but Mane & Muller could work. Not sure who the regista will be but I’m sure Kimmich and Goretzka will work as a duo in the middle. Will let you know how I get on. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 22/10/2022 at 17:21, BJT said:

(POST #8)

Luis Enrique Barcelona - BJT 2323 Barca (MSN) "Positive"

image.png.933dba6a15ce84d6bf60f7ad0aca0ceb.png

BJT-2323.Barca-Neutral.fmf 50.17 kB · 231 downloads BJT-2323.Barca-Home.fmf 50.21 kB · 294 downloads BJT-2323.Barca-Away.fmf 50.14 kB · 253 downloads BJT-2323.Barca-Away.B1G.fmf 50.14 kB · 194 downloads BJT-2323.Barca-Timewaste.SP.fmf 50.14 kB · 180 downloads

The Tactic

We all know a pure Pep Barca on FM, without counter-attacking and a slow tempo predictable in it’s build up simply doesn’t work, not well anyhow. It appears to be a similar story for this year’s engine.

Instead I’ve ended up basing this tactic quite heavily on Luis Enrique’s Barca. I wanted to produce this formation in a Tiki Taka style, that is more useable in this year’s FM and enjoyable to watch, so this is what I’ve ended up with.

Enrique was very similar to Pep when he also managed a Treble with Barca, but also very different. His side whenever there was an opportunity would frequently counter-attack by way of direct balls from any one of the central trio, with the aim of getting the ball forward as fast as possible to Messi and Neymar on the flanks and attack their opposing full-backs.

Suarez remained a threat in the box but still dropping deep regularly to link the play like Messi previously did in an F9 role for Pep., and at times would still look to create chances for himself. However despite the above, Enrique's side still remained highly possession based that is often associated with Barca.

His side also were more varied at times in the pace that they played, rather than the constant slower tempo Pep employed to purely control possession. (I have left this at a high tempo by default given it’s most effective, but you can easily manipulate the tempo at points in the game and this system is good to utilise this.)

Another difference was Pep’s side often looking to break teams down more frequently through the middle. Enrique’s side was a lot more balanced, looking to explore both central and wide areas when looking to create openings.

The top 3 forwards also played narrow in Enrique’s system. Initially receiving the ball wide, they would always move into the central areas creating room for the two CWBs Alba and Alves to overlap beyond them. It would often result in Neymar and Messi eventually positioned much closer to the box to strike at goal. It’s not easy to replicate this, but to regularly ensure this room is provided for the CWBs to attack, I’ve set both players in the IF roles to stay narrower.

Busquets also played as a DLP rather than a half-back in Pep’s Barca – although at times he may revert to this role. (Which I employ when time-wasting and in the trickier away games.)

It may be less fluid than Pep’s side going forward, but with individual quality on each flank allowed to express themselves and make the difference in games, with the right players it can work well.

Although it will not be a highly effective tactic in the game given it still being more possession based and highly reliant on quality players, with the additional variety of counter-attacking and midfielders playing more direct at the right times, I think it’s a tactic that can still bring success on this ME and more importantly play in what one could consider a more effective Barca style, and their last team to win an ECL – and why I thought I would share this tactical set.

Tests

This is definitely more a tactic where it is important using each of the x5 tactical sets. Given the extremities of the instructions, the home tactic can work well at home but struggles more so away and it’s reflected in the home sims I made. (With City, I would get maximum 57 points at home but a significantly lower total away).

Using the away / home tactics respectively to sim instead which I did out of curiosity at lower levels, this seemed to work better away as a standalone tactic in the more competitive Championship which resulted in Burnley achieving 102 points playing this Tiki Taka Game (lower using the home by 10 points), and Chesterfield the home version fully in the VNL North achieving 111 points.

So to play this riskier tiki taka game, you do need to optimise the tactic in the different game scenarios, which I've tried to do in my x5 versions uploaded here. The OIs as usual, highlighted in Post #7.

(Away / Home Sims)

image.thumb.png.70019176b2f36be7a254f574e0188f3d.png

image.thumb.png.8d6214f07acd645ff7e13c086180199d.png

AEK - Run Through

However I felt like a hands-on test would be the best way to judge how well it can work as a whole. I decided to pick AEK Athens and used their default squad to play through a season, with the hope there are a good few Greek teams that would provide a challenge, especially having players of lesser quality to play with. They also have the rule of splitting the top teams playing 10 games against each other after the regular league season ends for the Euro spots.

This went extremely well. There were a couple of games we went down to 10 men that I needed to compensate for as well as the usual in game tweaking to manage the game, but we went through the year invincible winning the league with 96 points (breaking the previous record of 94 points) and also the Greek Cup. And so we also didn't lose a single game all season in all competitions. So I think the variety in this tiki taka styled tactic makes this useable in this ME, with the possession % count still quite high, at this Greek level of football anyhow.

So I think if you want to watch a more possession based game in trying to break teams down, but still provide a variety / smarter threat from quick direct counter-attacks at more opportune moments, then it’s a nice tactic to watch at work.

(Hands-on Playthrough)

image.thumb.png.672451a69a1eb0ae4b7dbb83220346d2.png

image.thumb.png.e60a6cf2e9e958a5dd58f62c8c9e3e41.png

image.png.9a8ab9bba989d215008f7e7873119b43.png

--

Why not Busquets as Anchor man? DLP-d roams off position and doesnt stick to the hole lik busquets does. And i would prolly play messi as T-AT with ( cuts inside,sits narrower,pass it shorter) and Neymar as W-AT ( with the ppm of cutting inside) since he was really wide sometimes. Suarez DLF-AT makes sense for me. Old iniesta MEZ-AT? Idk about that but maybe 

• 4 months later...
On 15/11/2023 at 12:26, It's Baggio said:

Some of my favourite tactics from FM23. Hope to see more re-creations for FM24.

Glad you enjoyed these, and I hope so too.

Well, I did plan to try and perhaps upload a few different ones for this year different to the ones I did last year, and I was quite excited for this year's game. But with the state of the game at this moment in time, it's not really worth doing as there is a lot wrong with it at present and there will undoubtedly be some significant changes soon as it can't be kept in the state it is currently in.

So I'll probably wait till the very final patch is released, and if the game is in a better place then I will hopefully have a few nice ones to share. 

54 minutes ago, BJT said:

Glad you enjoyed these, and I hope so too.

Well, I did plan to try and perhaps upload a few different ones for this year different to the ones I did last year, and I was quite excited for this year's game. But with the state of the game at this moment in time, it's not really worth doing as there is a lot wrong with it at present and there will undoubtedly be some significant changes soon as it can't be kept in the state it is currently in.

So I'll probably wait till the very final patch is released, and if the game is in a better place then I will hopefully have a few nice ones to share. 

what is wrong with it? i think it is playing fine

7 hours ago, 23zeberdee said:

what is wrong with it? i think it is playing fine

Without going into details, its currently less realistic compared to FM23 final patch, the set piece creator doesn't allow for micro-management, and because of the greater effectiveness of gegenpressing it means a lot of other tactical styles are less useable.

It's not a problem having a system like this being highly effective with the right personnel to carry out that style and I'm very much for that, but when it seems to be generally highly effective across the board with several different profiles/levels of clubs and players able to carry it out well when they probably shouldn't do, then I think it's a bit imbalanced.

Consequently, there is less of an incentive to create something a bit different to the normal, at least for me. I was under the impression this year's game would have been a progression from the last patch of FM23 especially with an emphasis on a greater possession based game, but it has regressed, in these particular aspects at least.

That said, I do think the ME has great potential to be really good actually, which is why it is at the moment, for me it is a little disappointing. But hoping just like FM23, they get it right eventually with the new features fully working well.

Tactic wise, for me it's not worth investing into anything heavily at this point for that reason, but once the ME is a bit more stable hopefully there will be a few nice systems I will enjoy producing with this ME and sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2022 at 12:32, BJT said:

(POST #6)

Tony Pulis Styled Hoofball - Defensive Mentality (Beta - Released 22.10.22) - Route One

image.jpeg.5177c091f2c95d9f85634e4075c547d4.jpeg

BJT-442-Hoofball-Home.fmf 49.62 kB · 520 downloads BJT-442-Hoofball-Timewaste.SP.fmf 49.65 kB · 322 downloads BJT-442-Hoofball-Away.fmf 49.62 kB · 411 downloads BJT-442-Hoofball-Away.B1G.fmf 49.64 kB · 336 downloads

With the new ME, I was actually very keen to give this a quick run through. I initially ran a home and an away test in the VNL (using Chesterfield). The home tactic test brought 57 points with the away tactic test giving 53, a respectable total of 110 points.

I have since had a quick hands on go with “HK” in the second tier of Iceland. I was intending to give it a full year but, a cup kick starts the Iceland season that includes all teams from the first tier - perfect opportunity to see how it played.

We ended up winning the trophy, beating a few teams in the top tier – so it definitely seems capable of causing an upset. I was also able to test out all x4 variations uploaded. The home tactic I would use if favourites on a neutral venue, with the away if underdogs. (so this tactic only has x4 base variants)

The tactic being a 442, will be exposed between the lines – so I think at the higher levels of football, this will be less effective. But in lower tiers where the gulf in quality isn’t as huge, it appears defensive football can work. And so I recommend this used at the lower tiers of football.

And it's a tactic that can win with minimal possession:

image.thumb.jpeg.0acf236c9f1dcb90922daa0d5ac4b856.jpeg

The Tactic

Itself, the game classifies this as a Gegenpress. However this uses extremely direct passing, and although weak nowadays, I have setup longthrows with the tactic (which I haven’t really looked at yet too heavily so could be improved).

So this is a route one gegenpress style of game, in the mould of Pulis’ original Stoke City, who were a hard working side that would make things awkward for teams by pressing higher up the pitch. The PF-D plays an important role here as well, with his job to place pressure on the opposing DMC if one is employed.

With the formation at hand, it’s not going to be the best to sit deep and soak up too much pressure, but rather with the aim to turn the opponents round and utilise the forwards to try and make things uncomfortable for the opponents playing out from the back. So defenders need to be capable of making the right call whether to hold the line, or if more prudent to drop deep.

Hopefully this style will appeal to a few of you – it’s not been tested yet extensively, so if anyone does give this a try it would be good to know how it fared. It isn't the strongest tactic that I've created this BETA, but I hope it's a nice alternative for anyone wanting to play Defensive and Aggressive Route One football.

In game tweaks as with all my tactics are important – so ensure to slow the pace down and time-waste at the appropriate moments to manage / see out games effectively.

(OIs will soon be available in post#7)

---

**442 Pulis Ball Run Through**

Completed my tier 2 Iceland run through. Made another cup final, but lost that final. We had a midweek game the other side didn't, and going into ET we didn't have anything left. The winners finished runners up by a point in the first tier.

Otherwise, it looks pretty solid defensively. HK were predicted 2nd, and I wanted to see whether a team considered a front runner for promotion could get away with playing negative football - and it looks like it does, which is good.

Nice job so far I think with allowing this style of football to now be feasible to use as a tactical blueprint - as long as you don't mind boring your own fans in the process that is.

Not really any long throw action though this season, only a few moments. But if you can find a Rory Delap from somewhere and train the long flat bullet throw, hopefully it will provide a more Stoke City feel to the play and make it more enjoyable to watch.

image.png.994682286114b405f9b70ae00e949fd5.png

image.png.0800a67e45853782dd13956bfee37b00.png

image.png.b4fa50dc196bad1b1f2b5fb58f1860a5.png

image.png.6c81f32b558203e1adfaec40d79ab288.png

Hey I know this post is from over a year ago but, I’ve been looking for interesting tactics to play with and found this. The only problem is I’m on console so I’m not able to download the tactics themselves, and the images on the post only show some of the instructions for only one of the tactics.

Any chance you can send all the tactic screens over in just image form? It would be greatly appreciated.

On 22/10/2022 at 12:31, BJT said:

(POST #5)

433 BJT BALL (Jose / Sir Alex / Klopp Hybrid) – Attacking Mentality / Gegenpress

image.png.1bca95fe698378686385dae0d480732a.png

BJT BALL-433.Neutral 2.0.fmf 50.16 kB · 272 downloads BJT BALL-433.Home 2.0.fmf 50.16 kB · 340 downloads BJT BALL-433.Away.B1G 2.0.fmf 50.16 kB · 276 downloads BJT BALL-433.Away 2.0.fmf 50.15 kB · 282 downloads BJT BALL-433.Timewaste.SP 2.0.fmf 50.17 kB · 227 downloads

My Creation - Effectiveness the Aim

This is my  own tactical style / vision that incorporates elements from Sir Alex and Jose’s best Chelsea and Man Utd sides, with the addition of Klopp's modernised style of gegenpressing / counters high up the pitch.

The aim was to create a highly effective tactic that has both style and solidity that could be utilized at all / most footballing levels.

When I think of what is needed to achieve this, I wanted the team to contain the following:

-A front line that have roles allowing them to express themselves and be match winners, whilst still working cohesively together

-A midfield trio that is both solid and hard working in the centre, whilst having enough creativity and a player able to dictate the play when in possession (something Klopp's side lack)

-The ability to score goals consistently from the midfield

-The ability to counter-attack from deep

-Enough offensive support from the flanks whilst maintaining a solid enough defensive balance

-The ability to grind out a result both being solid enough as a team, and having match winners in a number of areas

So when I picture an XI from both Chelsea and United, the players listed would fit these roles that would all work best in an Attacking Mentality based system, much in the way Sir Alex approached most of his games in charge.

SK- Cech

FBR – Neville

WBL – Evra

BPD – Carvalho

BPD – Terry

DLP – Carrick

BBM – Essien

CMA – Lampard

IFL – C.Ronaldo

IWR – Robben

DLF – Tevez

I always try to make this style of system in each FM, in the hope the game will allow such a system to work effectively as with my logic, it really should. And at this moment, it seems to be working nicely in this FM.

Test

I wanted a team capable of playing this football, but in a highly competitive league. So I picked Antwerp, predicted 3rd in the Belgium top division.

It’s a funny league with how it’s structured, but I was able to win the title with all bar the first match played in the second stage playoffs.

Otherwise in my run through, in the main league stage we won 30 games and drew 4 out of the 34, winning the league stage by 27 points which I thought was good in this particular league. This in addition to the Belgium cup, where our injury hit side still grinded out a result against Brugge in the final.

image.thumb.png.36422631be83a9783a0575b6cb79d45f.png

If the tactic works on the ME, then it’s often my go to tactic when looking for a good style but also effective results. However it’s not without it’s flaws, as if the opponents are able to stifle our midfield especially the deep lying playmaker, then we become reliant on being just about solid enough and brilliance to see us through, as our ability to control the game would be negated.

Also with the attacking style, it’s not the most solid defensively – so a good back line and solid keeper to support the remainder of the team that is naturally more offensive is important to get the best out of this tactic.

It will work best with a more capable side, but it should still be solid enough to grind out results with teams less able and so should be useable at many footballing levels.

--

OIs will be in Post #7

just to say im using on fm2024 new patch and is working reaalu well with my watford .

En 22/10/2022 a las 8:32, BJT dijo:

(POST #7) - OIs

Tactics Applicable

-442 Pulis (Force Wide)

image.thumb.jpeg.83e498a5a7a80f7e7c2159f4e347f44d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.be71b5261fb0dba490ee42be90f1744c.jpeg

-235 Pep FCB Inverted Pyramid (Force Inside)

-2323 Enrique Barca MSN (Force Inside)

-4222 Real Madrid Galacticos (Force Inside)

image.thumb.jpeg.8cd11147556785081f434dc36d3219a6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3959350e29c0be141814f8d8941e05c.jpeg

-4231 JOSE Ball (Force Wide / DMC Trig)

image.thumb.jpeg.48d0fcce98ed5f7c6fb8514c85042c16.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9598412f138c2ed771534dafc7ce2f7b.jpeg

-433 BJT BALL (force inside)

image.thumb.jpeg.149485806b2dbe4c5462a079ad5cfac6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.070fd4aa3eba5a327694f42e8c826a72.jpeg

-4132 Pep Gungho FCB

image.thumb.jpeg.2c5791a4b2598614945ad1b8fe7ff8b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e8d496ee94f34832f25e1fec4fa226e.jpeg

-3421 Dreamz

image.thumb.jpeg.c095dab432d9eb4f22e0df739de8fb68.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7a55ce6d45708570bd66ff2bcdf75c6.jpeg

hi, maybe im seeing this wrong but why do you have tight marking on the ouside players if you want to force the play outside? shouldnt you be tight marking the players in the middle instead?

cheers