(FM23) Lutterworth Fox's go at The Nearly Men

TheLutterworthFox

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got much attacking wise out of Wah Lee? I love attacking full backs, and he looks like he’s got the potential to get a few assists with decent crossing and dribbling there, as well as solid defensive attributes. 

6 hours ago, robertpeet27 said:

What are Darmstadt doing in the champions league???

I honestly cannot work out why they're in it. The ended 5th in the Bundesliga but were given a CL league phase spot, no one above them won a European trophy, it may be something to do with the new CL format but I honestly haven't got a clue!

29 minutes ago, BoxToBoxFM said:

Have you got much attacking wise out of Wah Lee? I love attacking full backs, and he looks like he’s got the potential to get a few assists with decent crossing and dribbling there, as well as solid defensive attributes. 

He got 5 assists in 27 games last season. He is playing as a WB(A) and gets forward really well giving us a good outlet but doesn't tend to cross that much, his aim is to stretch the play, we play some good crossfield balls to him, then he tends to pass it to the RW or back inside to the RPM. It works well and he is really good

Edited by TheLutterworthFox

4 minutes ago, Johnny-Trotter said:

Looking good so far. Great progress, and yet still plenty of work ahead.

Strange to see Darmstadt and Koln in the Champions League. Is is possible that they qualified through the 2 'wild-card' places which UEFA added?

I really don't understand why Darmstadt are in the CL, they ended 5th in the Bundesliga, no team above them won a European comp, they also went straight into the League Phase. Looking at the UEFA website here is what it says with regard to the extra 4 spots for the new format. As far as I can tell Darmstadt don't fit any of these

c14fd1b82ddbf92dc17dfb2e7b0abc56.png

As for Koln, the ended 4th so qualified automatically for the CL

38 minutes ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

I really don't understand why Darmstadt are in the CL, they ended 5th in the Bundesliga, no team above them won a European comp, they also went straight into the League Phase. Looking at the UEFA website here is what it says with regard to the extra 4 spots for the new format. As far as I can tell Darmstadt don't fit any of these

c14fd1b82ddbf92dc17dfb2e7b0abc56.png

As for Koln, the ended 4th so qualified automatically for the CL

@Johnny-Trotter @robertpeet27I've found a more up to date article from UEFA about CL qualifying for those extra spots. Slots 3 and 4 go to teams who's nation has had the best season previously in Europe, that would explain why England Germany got an extra place. England had 6 in the end as their clubs won the Champions League and Europa League, Germany, most teams did pretty well without winning it. So I would presume they got the most points over the season

e7e7822c74fd776d29592838654d3be0.png

53 minutes ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

I honestly cannot work out why they're in it. The ended 5th in the Bundesliga but were given a CL league phase spot, no one above them won a European trophy, it may be something to do with the new CL format but I honestly haven't got a clue!

He got 5 assists in 27 games last season. He is playing as a WB(A) and gets forward really well giving us a good outlet but doesn't tend to cross that much, his aim is to stretch the play, we play some good crossfield balls to him, then he tends to pass it to the RW or back inside to the RPM. It works well and he is really good

That’s pretty good then, still lots of potential for him as well given he’s still at a young age. Thanks for the reply!

23 hours ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

Roony Bardghji - Right Wing - £11m from FC Copenhagen

I had this lad recommended to me and once I knew Dolan was leaving I had to bring him in. Only 21 so has plenty of time to grow. He needs a little bit of work, especially in his stamina and strength but I feel he can be a major player for me moving forward.

aee40fb0e80d8b7dcb711c6be7ad55de.png

I signed him early days in a save in FM22 but didn't progress it far enought o see how he turned out. He looks like a very good player at age 21, which makes me at least slightly hopeful for the future of the Swedish national team IRL...

2027/28 Season - September to November

A very brief update taking you through the results so far and it's gone really well!

Let's start with the Champions League. The fixture list we were handed looked really tough but we have done amazingly well to get 3 wins from our opening 5 games.

069d8f65408094993f3e44b8b139c4f2.png

3 amazing wins, Astana was expected but to beat Ajax and then Monaco away is incredible and just shows you how far we've come.

The Inter Milan game was a gutter we looked to be heading for a point but they scored with the last kick of the game. Liverpool we were decent again, had a better xG but they were amazing going forward and Allison was unbeatable.

de3a37b002cb685a50c242165f1d1055.png

3 games left and we sit in 12th, going on previous season we should already have enough for a playoff spot but we still have a chance of the top 8 and with that qualification to the Last 16.

We have a couple of winnable ties in the our final games but it still looks tough.

d3b2ea8234bda4283530f1faf6f5126e.png

Now to the League and as ever we've started really well.

be0020e2a7d1b847bafff7e342d24028.png

11 games, unbeaten with only 2 blemishes on our record, the Olympiakos game we did well as we played with over half the game with 10 men. Other than that we have been really good, scoring plenty of goals along the way.

1f99492e81b2d3a311ac75f5d1f77033.png

Olympiakos have also started really well and are top by 3 points but we have a game in hand.

Finally, I just want to show you the tactic I've been using in most games, including the Champions league matches.

757c404716e000e033b75dadec3a13be.png

It's very basic, a 4231 with 2 DMs. Even with that we look quite open at the back but I think that's because we're pressing quite high, it works well though, the forward line are amazing are backed up by the attacking full backs. Tyler Morton playing as a RPM is so good, picking the ball up from the defenders and playing lovely cross field passes or through balls. It's amazing how well it's working but like I say it could be a bit better defensively. Most teams, especially in the League tend to play counter attacking against us and we struggle with those long balls over the defence.

Breaking News - International Job Offer!

Yes that's right I have taken an international job! If you read the opening post you will know there are 5 Nations that are part of the challenge as they lost in a World Cup final, well one of those nations offered me a job, they aren't great but it should be fun to see how well I can do with them

87af7b314383a8e6ca2ec6f81075ec88.png

Replacing David Moyes!! So I am now Hungary manager and things do not look good!

6ee12956547e5025590b1f66f8d7d126.png

53rd in the World Ranking and their recent qualifying for Euro 2028 did not go well.

74773dfc521781d6e6ca2cc3f5e13dba.png

They failed to qualify and also failed to make the playoffs as they ended 2nd in their Nations League group.

2ada00166138d3a05857f54755363287.png

Not great but it should be a fun challenge, we now await the next Nations League draw and then World Cup qualifying.

Updates will be sporadic with Hungary, I see no reason in updating often unless something interesting happens

2027/28 Season - December and January

It's been a very busy couple of months but results have continued to be really good, fitness is becoming a real issue and we have had quite a few injuries, so in the Winter window I decided to bring in a couple of players to bulk out the squad.

Valentino Gilbert - Defensive Midfield - Season loan from Genk

Only 18 but he looks top quality, it will add some much needed depth to my defensive midfield

8a5b2be9fed47c2f238d1f6178cd2cab.png

Claudiu Bunea - Central Defender - Season loan from AC Milan

Another loan and another quality young player. We have a few injuries in defence at the moment so he may be playing quite a bit!

2b9c4ee468bc49fb0a7f9807af206f4e.png

Abel Buitrago - Striker - £1.5m from Sporting Gijon

One for the future, a young Striker who already looks incredible.

0fa29f3d81e6496c4e53e6b4789bde55.png

Fortunately there have been no out's but a few players have been unsettled, Hickey, Mayoral and Jelicic have all asked to leave after I turned bids down for them, the offers though were way short of what I value them at.

Now to the results and like I said it's gone really well. 

Firstly the Champions League, we had 3 games left and really only needed 1 more win to guarantee a playoff spot. That win came in the next game as we were involved in a epic 5-3 win over Darmstadt, after that we lost to AC Milan in a poor showing before ending our campaign with an incredible 2-2 away to Barcelona.

826f1ed32c00c7298fea1c6a8f60a08c.png

And that means we eased to a playoff spot ending in 16th place.

A fantastic campaign especially as we had a really tough set of fixtures.

We also have a winnable tie in the playoff round.

286ae13d37d2a15277a32688f41b7328.png

Galatasaray stand between us and a spot in the Last 16.

Now to the league and it's been an amazing few months.

b2c967514dfa8d7a4182b602a67e94e8.png

6 games, 6 wins and loads of goals! 

And that means we leap above Olympiakos as the top of the table.

7fcf3729a69181fc40dc5a80f7ea7fdd.png

They are still unbeaten though, it's going to be a fun second half of the season. 5 games of the regular season to go then we go into the dreaded Championship Group.

2027/28 Season - End of Regular Season, Greek Cup and Champions League

We've reached the end of the regular season and as expected we are sitting pretty at the top of the table. Results again have been really good with some key wins away from home.

c59e8a602023f19874c91257250459ce.png

Huge wins over AEK and title chasing Olympiakos mean we have stretched our lead at the top of the table, we did draw our final game but players were rested for a much bigger game!

65489da02cf52b03622f5229448853c3.png

4 points clear with 19 games to play, it's one of higher points tally at this point but the smallest lead we've had in 3 seasons. It just shows how well Olympiakos are doing.

Now to the Greek Cup and once again we have made it to the final.

520685d66786ddf095adb97b13b4295f.png

A brilliant win over AEK in the Quarters followed by an easy Semi final tie where we dominated the first leg and rested everyone in the second. 

In the final we will play Olympiakos.

Now to the chaos of the Champions League, we faced Galatasaray in the Playoff round for a spot in the Last 16, with games stacking up I made a bit of cockup and forgot the rest my players prior to the first leg away but we came out with a respectable 1-1 draw, I corrected my mistake in the second leg and we dominated the match, winning 3-0 and sealing a spot in the Last 16

2b6be67707d9ec6f55af3e801ea606af.png

Where we faced the might of Dortmund, the team that last season knocked us out in the playoff round 6-1 on aggregate, I expected a tough tie but in the first leg we provided a miracle! We got utterly battered, our keeper was incrediblel, then in the 94th minute Ronny Bardghji headed home from a Mayoral cross to somehow hand us a 1-0 win! Absolute scenes!!!!

The came the leg away, I expected a reaction from Dortmund but I never expected this to happen.

d0981e7df936b40553a0431c01c27503.png

We got annihilated, it could've been more in all honesty. An absolute killer for me.

This just shows how hard the task is here to win the Champions League. Maybe I've given myself too big of a task? I have to admit I am utterly demoralised by this defeat. I never expected it to be easy, I never expected us to be winning the Champions league by now but I also expected us to be challenging more than we are.

To win the Champions League here, even in the next 5-8 seasons we are going to need so much luck, fluky results, not just one fluke, 7 or 8 flukes!!! Can that happen? Maybe. Will it happen? No.

I have to dust myself and go again but I can feel itchy feet coming on! I want to win Champions Leagues!!! That is the main aim of this save! 

2027/28 Season - March to May, End of Season and Greek Cup Final

The end of the season is here and we have probably had our best Championship Group so far in the save. I really didn't know what to expect after the Dortmund battering but the lads dusted themselves down and came back firing!

We won game after game but then came 3 tough away games in a row. Draws against PAOK and then AEK meant in the next game against Olympiakos we just had to avoid defeat and the title would be sealed. We took a 2-0 lead and looked to be coasting but then came the inevitable comeback, Olympiakos scored twice late on but we managed to hold on to a 2-2 draw and that meant we had won the Super League for a 5th straight season.

We finished off in style with 3 more wins means we had won the League by miles with our highest points tally in the save so far.

e94ecfe5ed8dbec1dbe141ced34aefbf.png

21e7bee332465f4fd5613b04b32bbaa4.png

A really good end to the season but we still had one more game to go and that was the Greek Cup final against Olympiakos. This was a swansong for quite a few players and they duly obliged in one of our best performances of the season.

8d208b41c2440a13b8730a7c118c7975.png

A 4-2 win, a clinical attacking display, it was also nice of midfielder Matusiwa to get sent off in the last minute of his final game for the club!

Domestically then, a great season, a second straight league and cup double and we are now well and truly the dominant force in Greece. Somehow we now need to improve ourselves enough to get better in the Champions League!!

Finally, let's take a look at who my key men were.

The only place to start is 2022 intake star, forward Kostas Antonis, another brilliant season for the lad who ends as the Greek Super League Talent of the Year and the club Player and Young Player of the season.

cbc61fd716b5cbf85f56251fa302c216.png

Unfortunately though we may not see him in the green and white of Panathinaikos as he has asked to leave!

We will also be saying goodbye to Striker Borja Mayoral who ends as the clubs top scorer, he has been good for the club but we need to find someone better who can do it in the Champions League.

a57d2efa4cee31dd31719037c84b5675.png

Finally is Winger Daniel Maldini, another amazing season for the lad with 24 assists and 13 goals. I sincerely hope he will go nowhere in the Summer!

333ac1f34c45df0a9f23825c597e33b8.png

And here is the clubs Best XI for the season.

41428f2de8a4799d4aeb3a5841ac5e83.png

And here is the whole squad, this may look very different next season!

85ae4e76bad8f57e0cba8afbb023e69d.png

Sweeping changes are ahead. We will be saying goodbye to a big chunk of this time as I look to cash in on some of the boys to bring in better players who hopefully won't cost as much. We lose the 2 loanees, Matusiwa, Pascanu and Mayoral are all leaving as is Jimenez, Kostas and Coutinho who are all retiring. We also have numerous players who want a bigger move or are unsettled by other clubs interest. 

A very big Summer ahead, we massively need to start kicking on in the Champions League, that is what this challenge is all about, god knows how I'm going to do it but this squad needs moving up a level, no time for sentiment!

The big issue is the budgets, they are not good at all. There is one big reason for this though, I have already spent a good £25m on players who will join in the Summer!!!

2122eee18f2f02134f833e6cab20e5f4.png

What I have coming in is hopefully a big improvement on what I have but you will have to wait until the next season to see who they are!

Another good season domestically, that’s tough in the Champions League though. Hopefully next year you make the last 16 again, shouldn’t be too long before you start making that consistently I’m sure. Think I underestimated how difficult this challenge would be!

2028/29 Season - Transfer Chaos

I always expected this Summer to be one of change but I expected me to be in control of that change!! What has happened this season is an absolute decimation of my first team. Bid, after bid, after bid, the bigger clubs came calling and my boys decided it was time of them to go. I needed to bring money in so I gave them their wish. 

I was going to wait until the transfer window shut but it feels right to go through the transfers even if there is still a couple of weeks of the Summer window left over most of Europe.

This could be a long update, there are so many in's and out's to talk about!

So let's start with the out's, I hope you have some tissues at hand, this could get emotional!!

133ca98d27bc0be728d76f57c4124bb7.png

£126m of my sales!!!!! Some of our biggest and best players leave including AM Reinier, signed for £1.1m, sold for £25m, Tyler Morton, our amazing RPM, signed for £5m, sold for £22m, 2022 intake wonderkid Antonis who wanted to go, sold for £12m.

We also say goodbye to GK Seimen, signed for £12m, sold for £19.75m after his release clause was activated, CB Jelicic, who had his head turned by Wolves, signed for £1.1m, sold for £19m and also FB Aaron Hickey who joined Leicester for £16.5m, exactly what I paid for him.

We also sold Striker Mayoral, FB Kavvidis and CB Pascanu, these 3 were let go, the only sales which brought in money that I was happy to lose!!!

So a total battering of my playing squad, 6 of our players in last season Best X plus another 3 first teamers means we have some gaping holes in our side.

Now for the in's, I hope you're ready, there are a lot!!!

Lets go in position order and firstly we welcome 2 new goalkeepers.

Josep Martinez - Free Transfer

Signed as a backup to Seimen, then he left!

30d14a27afeaa1b1766d57b74287771b.png

Rasolaw Majecki - £5m from Hertha Berlin

My replacement for Seimen, a top quality looking keeper.

f5adb91e96c920cee3bfaef102c686f5.png

Now to defenders and we welcome 2 new Left Backs

Quentin Merlin - Free Transfer

Let's hope he can bring some magic to our squad, I'll get my coat.

4b0d30512bab8fd1233cee492072ec5d.png

Leonardo Lelo - £5m from Cagliari

My new first choice left back replacing Hickey.

7d952bac153b8f3b20d51cf6f2e067ac.png

3 new Central Defenders come in

Alfie Dorrington - £4.7m from Tottenham

A young central defender, decent looking and will provide good backup

8b95468b29a5bfd8026617b6566145ee.png

Oumar Solet - £8.5m from Crystal Palace

Signed to replace Jelicic, can also play in defensive midfield

7db63ba914ae7fc4b2844adc8dcb4656.png

Raphael Varane - Free Transfer

Some much needed experience added to the squad and on a cheap wage.

8d32ebb79cde3fe3a63df586815b7ef3.png

Now to the midfield and 2 new defensive midfielders join.

Fred Kasongo - £7m from Zulte Waregam

My replacement for Tyler Morton, only 21 and already looks amazing.

fc8ac194f8fb9d651e0960fde8cbb686.png

James Heary - Season loan from Leicester

Signed just to bulk out the squad as we felt a bit short in midfield.

2dfb9a3ead91b05392028568539c13f2.png

And finally 4 new Attacking Midfielders!!!

Leo Castledine - Free from Chelsea

A no brainer for no money, he offers versality as he can play anywhere along the attacking line and also as a DM.

5d507a4f42dd657740c0f48da208ee1b.png

Valentin Pinto - £9m from Bordeaux

A young, quality looking AM joins. Top quality.

7dd8b902e0ac73318a7f8baf6db9ba11.png

Paride Mancini - £7.75m from Roma

My replacement for Reinier, a lad I'd looked at numerous times before, he looks incredible.

1edaa9c2a0bee3bf36bbde4b1f957794.png

Nikola Iliev - Free from inter Milan

Another freebie and another great looking players, signed to add more versatility, he can play as a Striker and also anywhere along the attacking midfield line

f3d7eb1c5e73aed5996ba47f6e4c33c7.png

And so far that's it! 13 players come in for £47m, a massive £79m profit. This sets us up financially but I don't feel we've lost much in terms of depth or quality.

There is still one position I need to improve and that's upfront, we really only have Iliev and Zakar, both are young and a bit raw. I need to find someone a little older who can bang the goals in and the good news is I still have £45m to spend!!!!

So a mental Summer, one I don't want to happen again but overall I'm really happy with my business!

2028/29 Season - September and October

A few months have gone by and the season has started so much better than expected. With so many in's and a lot of my key players leaving I expected it to take a while for the new boys to settle in, well it didn't take them long!

But before the results I did make one more signing, I said I wanted another Striker, well I got one after a very very extensive search, it's not the £40m worldie I promised but, really and truly, there was no one for that money that was good enough or worth the fee. So I went and spent £5m + £5m of addons on Felix Afena-Gyan

His technicals need some work but his mental and physical attributes are amazingly good. 

The good news was the Summer window slammed shut and nobody else left! Thank god!!!

Now to the results and firstly the Champions League, after last seasons shocking fixture list it was nice to see some winnable ties when this seasons fixtures came out.

We do have some tough away game but with the likes of Antwerp, Limassol, Copehagen and Rennes to play we surely have a good shot of getting into the playoff round.

Well our first 3 fixtures went well. We started with a gutting 2-1 loss to Barca, they grabbed the winner with 3 mins to go. We then easily beat Limassol before a hard fought 2-1 win over Rennes.

e66730dbe5182c88b2e61aa000b1f13c.png

A really pleasing start.

377bbba4d59e4575cd0dd4441d4d9600.png

Going on other season we need another 4 points for a playoff spot, could we sneak into the top 8 though?!

Now to the league and even with me mixing the side around a bit to keep players fresh the season has started fantastically, we've beaten all of the other big 3 sides in the League, scored loads and hardly conceded!

27e1d282d0f1bb9842ca651718bc9bf2.png

Amazing, 1 goal let in so far!

207026eb6b84b86b242f0c4f9e91844b.png

Sitting nicely top, it's also good to see we have a healthy gap on Olympiakos who pushed us all the way last season.

2028/29 Season - November to January

It's been a busy few months, some amazing results and then another interesting transfer window!

Before I go through the transfers let's see how the results have gone, starting with the Greek Cup and we've eased our way into the semi finals.

8a8cb05def95445274ab47298d4afbb8.png

I've given some of the back-up players a go and they have duly delivered. 

Next up in the semi final is either PAOK or AEK.

Now to the Super League and our amazing run continues, loads of wins, some big score-lines and very few goals conceded.

72f4ca312a7e11629a9b49ccbbd63840.png

Just amazing and we go into the new year top by 2 points from AEK with a game in-hand

f425144eb2087dc2f8a653f482396b7f.png

It's quite nice that AEK are keeping up with us but just look how far behind Olympiakos are!!!

And last but not least, the Champions League.

When I'd left you last we were 3 games in and had managed to win 2 of those games, after that we did amazingly, we drew Liverpool at home 2-2, we were 2-0 up though! We then got some brilliant wins over Antwerp, Copenhagen and finally Napoli which sealed our playoff spot.

We then went into the final match, away to Man United knowing if we won the match we would more than likely end in the top 8, unfortunately though, we lost, it wasn't helped that we had both our Striker away on African nations duty and we only had 2 fit central defenders! 

30bee87da228650adbd51f7394a337b3.png

Overall though, our best Champions league campaign so far, 16 points 8 games and we ended in 11th place, another season in the playoff for us!

The good news is we have been handed a more than winnable tie in the playoff round!

21171fe6eb60a67fd5e4e7ff93ee8b91.png

We could've got Liverpool, Roma or Atletico so we have definitely got away with it.

Now that's out the way let's discuss transfers and as ever bids came flying in the second the winter window opened, luckily I only lost 2 players and neither I was totally fussed about.

79f991f7033be9b5c6d01659b19c4e56.png

We say goodbye to 31 year old Vavro and 2026 intake star Tsoulias, neither had set the World on fine, both wanted to leave. Now the big issue is, both of them are central defenders and with Varane deciding to retire at the end of the season I needed defensive recruits, I was basically left with Varane, Solet and Dorrington as first team CBs and Solet is playing in midfield!

So I went out and brought 2 new central defenders.

Tom Stansfield - £250k from Arsenal

A lad I'd looked at a few times, when I suddenly saw he was on the transfer list for such a small fee I had to bring him in. A great deal for a quality looking player.

Illia Zabarnyi - £18m from Bayern Munich

On the opposite end of the spectrum to Stansfield! Zabarnyi comes in for a whopping fee but I felt it had to do it to add much needed quality to my defence, this lad looks incredible and is only 26 so has plenty of time to get even better!

I also decided to go out and bring a few younger lads in, just to bolster the ranks as I felt our B and U19 teams were a little short of quality.

Willy Mbe - Central Defender - £2.9m from Toulouse

Stephane Traore - Defensive Midfield - £4m from Leverkusen

Jean-Jacques Haddad - Striker - £7.5m from PSG

3 lads with a look to the future,  all of them will be in the first team squad for the mentoring but will be made available for U19s and the B team.

2028/29 Season - February to Mid-March

We've reached the end of the regular season and as expected we're still doing really well but there are bigger fish to fry currently and that is in the form of the Champions League!

So before we go into how the Champions League is going let's take a brief look over how the regular league season ended.

722408b1d69def8b55af338432233bbc.png

Really, really good. With the Champions League games as well we've been played every 3 or 4 days, we have a lot of injuries currently so it's amazing to see us still winning. That final game every single first team player got rested and we still came out with a 2-1 win.

55344a70fe0dca54220c9880a9837ea3.png

10 games to go, 7 points clear, some massive games coming up, we need to get some players back or we may start to lose some games!

Now the Champions League, in the playoff round we were drawn against Gent, a game we should win, the first leg was away and we defended amazingly to win the game 1-0.

1050ec3bdfeb92651cf0e4659cd90595.png

It was lucky they decided to miss a lot of chances, a 1-0 win away from home is brilliant and sets us up for the home leg.

Where with a lot of players out we could only field 7 subs, the scored early but by half time we were 2-1 up, we saw the second half out to get through 3-1 on aggregate.

81c6c24990cedfdf4bcaf985bbeac121.png

Into the Last 16, we failed here last season so I was hoping for a kind draw, we didn't, we drew Barcelona!

It was going to be a tough game and with the first leg at home we to do win to have any chance. The game was mad, Barca hammered us, how they didn't score 8 I will never know.

I decided to change to the 4231 with wide men just to stretch the play, going forward we were really good, we took the lead but by half time Barca were 2-1 ahead. In the second half we went for it and turned a certain defeat into a 3-2 win. We had an xG of just over 1, Barca were just over 3! 

3391e50007f90a5f84d45d7dcb97f800.png

An amazing win but there was still the second leg to go, we knew Barca would come at us, we had to defend well but we were totally shot. I could only name 5 subs, we had 1 fit midfielder and 1 fit right back. The boys had to regroup and go again we put in one of the performances of the season.

Barca took the lead after 35 mins, our heads could've easily dropped but within 2 minutes Zakar levelled the match and put us back ahead on aggregate. 

In the second half Barca went down to 10 men early on after Araujo got a second yellow but it didn't stop them as Pedri scored a tap in, the tie was level and was way too open but we had to go for it, the players were shattered and we knew we could not take it to extra time.

Then with 11 minutes to go Iliev stole the ball off of Pedri on the left hand side, he ran down the line, played a gorgeous ball into the box, Pinto ran onto it and blasted it home from 15 yards, the keeper had no chance and we were back ahead.

Now hold on, 10 mins to go, 5 mins, 5 minutes of injury time, HANG ON!!!!

The whistle blew and we had one! Into the Quarter final of the Champions League for the first time!!

b4774fe961a7afa51c7b989b171b157c.png

Incredible!!! Now we await our opponents, there is still another week to go. I will keep you all informed!

2028/29 Season - Champions League Quarter Final v PSG

Here we go, for the first time ever Panathinaikos are into the Champions League Last 8 and we have one hell of a task, Fernandez, Mbappe, Vinicius, Neves, they're all at PSG! Anything other than a total battering and I'll be happy.

I decided to live update on the FM Library Discord and here is what happened........

FIRST LEG (AWAY)

Here we go! PSGs team looks scary as hell, first leg is away, lets just not get smashed!

7 mins - Varane wins the ball well from Vinicius but is immediately dispossessed by Hakimi, he runs down the right, crosses it in but Mbappe's header is just wide

12 mins - What a break! We win the ball back out on the left, it's wonderfully played through by Krejci and suddenly Afena-Gyan is clear but his shot is tame and straight at Donnarumma in goal (edited)

21 goals - GGGOOOOAAALLLLL!!!! Pinto scores after a lovely ball from Krejci...but wait a minute it's going to VAR, did he stray offside?

Yep the lino is flagging and it's disallowed, gutting!

37 mins - And there's the PSG breakthrough, we have been brilliant so far but its won in the air by Mbappe, he knocks it down to Vinicius who smashes it into the top corner. 1-0 to PSG

43 mins - ITS 1-1!!!!!! An awful clearance by PSG find Lelo, he plays it to Iliev who runs past his marker and squares it across the goal, it's half saved by Donnarumma but it falls to Afena-Gyan who taps it in!!! Amazing!

And that's half time!

53 mins - It's a penalty to PSG, Fernandez plays a corner in and there seems to be a push in the box by Iliev on Soler

Fernandez steps up and scores, keeper went the right way but it was right in the corner, 2-1 to PSG

60 mins - And that's 3-1, we can't deal with Mbappe's pace, he runs clear after a ball over the top, to be honest though the keeper should've saved it, Mbappe's shot was straight at him but he somehow palmed it into the corner of the net. Now we just need to not let them get any further away from us

68 mins - Oh what a goal!!!! Lelo wins it down the left, he passes it to Mancini who plays a delightful ball over the PSG defence, it falls to Pinto who takes one touch and hammers it home!! ITS 3-2 to PSG!!!

71 mins - PSG score again but Vinicius is miles offside and its disallowed

87 mins - Another one disallowed!!! And it's a second goal turned over by VAR for us! It's wonderful play, Kun Wah Lee plays a cross in, it's nodded back by Iliev and Afena-Gyan hammers home, but he is literally fractions offside!

And that's full time, we're still in the tie!

5baeb8b1bf148a46b5ffa4ce280ccde6.png

SECOND LEG (HOME)

13 mins - So close for PSG, a A cut back from Soler finds Hakimi but his shot goes way over

31 mins - GGGGOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!! An amazing goal with some gorgeous build up, PSG are chasing shadows as Kun Wah Lee plays it down the right to Pinto, he runs free into the box, cuts it back and Afena-Gyan taps it home!!! 1-0 and 3-3 on aggregate!

36 mins - A really long highlight! It swings from us to them to us, then eventually Hakimi is clear on the right, he crosses it in, Vinicius' shot is blocked but it falls to Mbappe who slams home, 1-1 on the night, 4-3 to PSG on aggregate, we have to go for this!

And that's half time, 45 mins left to salvage it. Nothing to lose now, let's throw the kitchen sink at them, ATTACK!!!

47 mins - OH MY WORD WHAT A START!!!! It's a thrown in for us level with the box on the right, it's thrown short, swung in by Kun Wah Lee, head tennis ensues, it hits the keeper and Sotiris from a weird angle heads it home!!! 2-1 to us and 4-4 on aggregate!!!

PSG don't know what's hit them at the mo!!!!

61 mins - We have a free kick on the edge of the right hand side of the box....Maldini is over it.......

IT'S IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maldini fools everyone and crosses it, Zabarnyi heads it and Donnarumma makes a total hash of it and palms it in the net!! WE'RE AHEAD ON AGGREGATE 5-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSG look shellshocked, changing to attacking has worked, they don't know what's hit them!!! 3 mins later and we have a corner!

65 mins - The corner goes deep, it's picked up by Maldini who is tripped, the ref points to the spot but will VAR overturn it?!

Oh it's not a pen, everyone stopped like it was given then play continued!!! Very odd!

Oh my god, from that highlight the ball goes right up the other end, eventually falling to Neves who from 30 yards odd cracks a shot against the inside of the post but bounces out!

73 min - Another attack for us, we have a throw in on the left, it's thrown to Lelo who finds Sotiris who hits it from 25 yards but is tipped around the post, another corner!

It's 4 f*cking 1!!!!!!!!!!! Lelo swings the corner in and Solet heads it home!!! This is madness! 6-4 on aggregate!!!!

78 mins - This isn't happening is it? Am I dreaming? PSG have fallen apart, Fernandez gives the ball away in midfield, one pass by Sotiris and Pinto is clear, he runs into the box and hammers it into the top corner. IT'S FIVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect that, my greatest result on any FM...ever! I am a mess! WE'RE INTO THE SEMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable!!!!!

And in the semi's we face Real Madrid!
f3fd7642ff7f34f7a181620b116f7003.png

2028/29 Season - Champions League Semi Final v Real Madrid

Here we go! We beat PSG, surely we can give Real Madrid a game?!

Once again I decided to live update on the FM Library Discord and here is what happened....

FIRST LEG (AWAY)

13 mins - Ansu Fati (yes he's playing for Real Madrid) nearly scores an amazing goal, he jinks past 3 defenders and his 20 yard shot hits the post

15 mins - OK it's all Real, some lad called Soppy cuts in from the left but his shot is well saved (edited)

17 mins - And there's the opening goal. A lovely ball over our defence finds Fati who dinks Majecki and makes it's 1-0 to Real Madrid

32 mins - Out first chance, Zakar is through but his shot is well saved by Courtois

And that's half time, 1-0 to Real Madrid, we've hardly a sniff

51 mins - And that's 2-0. We just cannot get the ball past their press, we've tried and tried but they are just too good. Rodrygo scores after good play from Valverde, maybe the keeper should've saved it

61 mins - We nearly grab one back, a gorgeous cross from Lelo finds Zakar but his header hits the top of the bar

And that's it. Full time, a 2-0 loss, we played OK but their press was way too good and we just couldn't get past it

b4f3e748de025e6ad8fd6dcc18743ced.png

A tough first leg and we go back to our place 2 goals behind. Too far behind? Usually I'd say yes but we did just beat PSG 5-1!!!

SECOND LEG (HOME)

2 mins - Oh dear, not a great start, we fail to clear a corner, its played back in to Rodrygo who smashes it home, 1-0 to Real, 3-0 on aggregate

3 mins - OH MY WORD!!! Straight from the kick off, we play it wonderfully through the Real midfield, it then gets played wide to Zabarnyi on the right, he gets a bit lucky as his pass is deflected back to him, he gets to the byline, crosses it in and there's Afena-Gyan to put it in! 1-1!!

39 mins - The game had gone very quiet then suddenly a highlight, Militao plays a poor pass out of defence, it's picked up by Iliev, he plays in Zakar who chips the keeper, it looks to be in but is cleared off the line and then the flag goes up for offside, 1-1!

And that's half time! We need to find 2 goals from somewhere!

49 mins - We're chasing shadows at the moment, Real are passing is gloriously around the pitch, over 30 passes before it falls to Rosas on the edge of the box but his shot goes way over

70 mins - Absolutely nothing happening

89 mins - We're so close!!! Rudiger comes bombing out of defence and loses the ball, Pinto plays Sotiris in, he gets it past Courtois but his shot hits the inside of the post and is cleared! 1-1. It looks like that's it.

The run is over but what a run it was!

aa4a2d3088310a86fd7ccd275062ca52.png

We held our own against the big boys, we beat Barcelona and PSG in the knockouts and fell just one step short of the final. I am so proud of what we achieved, hopefully now this gives the player the hope they need to win this damn thing!!!

2028/29 Season - End of Season Review

What an amazing season it's been, I hope everyone enjoyed the Champions League updates, to get to the semi final was some achievement especially with who we beat along the way.

But now it time to get back to domestic action, the last update was at the end of the regular season, we sat 7 points clear of AEK with 10 games left and still unbeaten, we were also into the semi finals of the Greek Cup, let's talk about that one first.

In the semi final our opponents were PAOK who has knocked out AEK in the quarters, with so many games at the time I had to rotate the squad but we performed amazingly, winning the home leg 4-1, in the away leg I rested a lot of players but we still did well, coming out with a 3-3 draw meaning we had got through to another final 7-4 on aggregate.

ffa74a6df60b2ad99f8e9c0d58226ba7.png

Where we would face Olympiakos, they had been really poor in the League but every game against them is really tough.

With a fully fit squad we went into the game high on confidence and we dominated the game, central defender Dorrington scoring just before half time, we continued to dominate and even though Olympiakos had the odd chance we never looked in trouble, then with 2 minutes remaining Zakar set up Maldini to score a 20 yard belter, a 2-0 win, a 3rd straight Greek Cup win!!

3361613e701eae3b7840f66f43e61274.png

Now to the Super League, this season the Championship group took a kind of backseat with the Champions League games, in numerous matches we played full blown reserve teams to keep our key men fit for the PSG and Real Madrid matches, results suffered slightly but only a little bit, we had back-to-back draws in early April and lost our one and only game away to AEK, this game was in between the Real Madrid matches so literally no one played out of my main squad. It would have been great to have an unbeaten season but Champions League is much more important. 

We ended the season in style after going out of the Champions League, sealing the title with an amazing 7-0 away win over Atromitos.

a42ebb8d20cff550d1246f4fc0e2efe9.png

Even with so many games to play we still managed 23 points from our final 10 games, sealing a 6th straight league title, equalling the point and goal scored tally from last season, defensively though we were amazing this campaign, conceding only 15 goals in 36 games!

24c36e9603a7f27d9d2f9ec53b199a22.png

What an incredible season!!!

Now let's take a look through our key men and there really is only one place to start.

Nikola Iliev was signed in the Summer on a free transfer from Inter Milan, I hadn't actually realised how well he had done, he was one of those players that just went about his job. Well he was insane, 33 starts, 19 goals, 17 assists, 11 POTMs and an average rating of 7.72. He also ends as the clubs player, young player and signing of the season!!! Now I have to try and keep hold of him as he's wanted by half of Europe!!!

cfc20508d4af5edcb52d087f95a29050.png

Top goalscorer went to Summer signing Felix Afena-Gyan, this bloke is a goal machine, he ends with 33 goals in 25 league games and 40 goals in 32 starts overall. He ends as the Greek Super League top goalscorer.

98a2d9e61518b5e20429398604143d36.png

Youssef Zakar ends as the Greek Super League talent of the year, he didn't play as much as he may have wanted as Afena-Gyan was so good but in 21 starts he scored 15 goals. It's highly likely he will be leaving this Summer as he has already stated he will not sign a new deal when his contract expires next Summer. Time to cash in I think.

6c6ef3ef653b4a88f5979750e468143a.png

And here is the seasons Best XI.

b971c6585e6281835942e8bddbe2afc8.png

As you can see we switched tactics this season, we changed from a 4231 with wide men to a 4231 with a narrow 3 AMs, I rotated depending on who was fit and also if I felt we needed to stretch the play.

dcb558d1cbc39d347d74abf4f9ff3d13.png

A basic gegenpress tactic with a narrow forward line, the SS and the AM both had PIs to run wide, move into channel and roam more, it really did work well.

And here for your perusal is the whole squad.

342aa2fd50b57c0fba53ad1ca5587aeb.png

So another season down, the best one yet. Now we need to push on, we have proved this season we can stand up to Europes elite but we know we need to improve the squad. I don't envisage the same as last Summer when we were decimated with players leaving, this Summer I don't need to raise funds so players will only go if they either kick off or a crazy big comes in. My main aim this Summer is to get a better GK, a new LB and maybe a new DM and AM as a couple of the players in those positions want to leave. I do need to be careful though, slowly but surely we are losing homegrown players and picking a Champions League squad is getting tougher.

The good news is, we have good budgets to bring in what we need.

8de33937ac989c9251e561f6bb6b7de3.png

£38m to spend on transfers and another £200k per week extra in the wage budget.

Financially we have done amazing this season, a £65m profit overall, this is due to the Champions League run, our bank balance is now at £87m. It looks set up for a Summer of stability whilst bringing in just a couple of players to take this squad on to the next level.

f57e118744edf5c89316ac12603da895.png

512a1e0d0adb169471d07251492f57a2.png

dbc43b22d52386eea064585d447a0c3f.png

I love signings like Iliev. You bring them in for cheap or in your case, for free, watch them flourish under your management and then sit back as clubs begin to scramble for their signature — making a tidy profit! All in the space of twelve months, too. 

I’ll be interested to see whether you hold onto him or whether he will move on.

Breaking News - New International Job

Things were not going well at Hungary, tbh they are awful so when this popped up I had to go for it.

The Netherlands want me, 3 times runners-up in the World Cup, time to take them that one step further.

Qualification for WC2030 hangs in the balance though as currently, after 4 game, they sit 2nd behind Ukraine.

bb7e28aca8af624fd81f372c2ec9f52c.png

As before, I'll only update when something interesting happens

2029/30 Season - Transfer Update & Champions League Fixtures

Well it's been another mad Summer, bids galore and some tough times trying to improve the squad whilst keeping hold of my key and balancing the squad to adhere to the Champions League squad rules.

It's now the end of August, the window has shut over most of Europe although the Greek window has another few weeks to run.

So here goes, let's start with the out's and we say goodbye to a few of our first teamers.

3890510f3fe0d6c071bf5a9d3a292cf4.png

9a2a909b93e0b263cdfbac00c6dd51c7.png

Let's firstly discuss my transfer strategy, last season we massively struggled with the sheer number of games and a lot of that came from the fact I had too many non-Homegrown players to have a full Champions league squad, when we then got a load of injuries I was forced to play players who were massively unfit. So this Summer I've tried to get rid of players I felt were disposable, those who weren't guaranteed starters, I'd then replace the bulk of these with homegrown players, they may not be as good but it gives me more options in the tougher parts of the season.

I did have a few positions where I wanted to buy the best player I could, that was mainly GK, LB and DM.

So 8 first team players leave, the biggest loss out of that list is Striker Zakar, I'd mentioned in the previous update that he was out of contract at the end of this coming season so I had to get rid, we also say goodbye to Sotiris (DM), he spent most of last season moaning, I've got a really good fee for him, Winger Roony also goes, a player who was great in parts but was never consistent enough. 

Both my Left Backs also leave, Merlin and Lelo both signed last Summer and whilst Lelo was decent he asked for a move as his head got turned, Merlin was awful. 

Right Back Olivera and Centre Back Dorrington also move on, they both wanted more football and I couldn't give it to them. 

Goalkeeper Martinez moved as well, my backup keeper and you'll see why I let him go in a moment.

So plenty of out's, around £80m in total, now we need to strengthen the squad!

So please welcome......

Unai Simon - Goalkeeper - £22.5 from Atheltic Bilbao

A pretty penny for a 32 year old but for me he is well worth it, when I talk about upgrading positions this is exactly what I meant!

35af4f85429033b1fcac1d0911fb1344.png

Grace Moke - Left Back - £22.5m from Club Brugges

A really needed a new top quality left back and this lads ticks that box, he's also young and has plenty of time to grow. I have high hopes!

bf06382189de8b513820dd5aef26ef23.png

Tomas Soucek - Defensive Midfield - £3.4m from West Ham

I wanted a top class DM and although Soucek isn't that world class player he is definitely an improvement on what I had, a good squad player who offers much needed experience.

d3191cb2491ec0c9ff66a3382de410f7.png

Now to the players to help with the homegrown rules and firstly we welcome back an "old" face!

Kostas Antonis - Winger/Striker - £14.25m from Valladolid

He only left last Summer but is already looking for a move, sold for £12m, re-signed for a bit more, he had to come back! He was amazing for me and even though his technicals attributes aren't amazing he can definitely do a job.

ee156948f3398649838ea86f1da52e4a.png

Isaak Mimilidis - Attacking Midfield - £5.75m from PAOK

I've taken a key youngster from a rival, at only 19 he already looks really good, he needs some work but here is the best place to help him reach his potential.

598cebbe362460234fae680e8eaee4ab.png

Panagiotis Anastasopolous - Central Defender - £3.6m from Panetolikos

Adds a homegrown player to the squad, a small fee for a player who looks pretty decent.

d76f504fbc57049b872cde88b6b4a519.png

Michalis Antoniadis - Defensive Midfield - £17.5m from AEK

A massive fee for a 20 year old but he helps with the homegrown rule, he takes a key player away from a rival and I know he can do a good job, especially domestically.

ccc3fb037ee0d30f93af7120341a9bd0.png

Avraam Gialamoudis - Right Back/Central Defender - £2.5m from PAOK

Another player to help with the homegrown rule. A decent player but needs work on his technicals if is he to play at Right Back.

63d35412fb3af8508b20cd8682f3f087.png

£91m spent, some really good players who will go straight into the first team but now our squad is properly balanced, we have enough players to fill the 25-man Champions League squad and still have the depth to challenge in all competitions.

Finally, we have received our Champions League fixtures and I am really happy with what we've been given.

0427677addd7a64c13f2c5b0b1e8ca55.png

4 home games that we should be winning, the only tough games really are AC Milan and Bayern away, other than that I'm confident. Could we sneak a top 8 spot?!

Great to see Antonis returning, Simon and Soucek look good signings as well - they should still both do a very good job despite their age. Getting those homegrown players in will give you much better flexibility in the Champions League as well which will be useful later on in the season when the games come quick. Good summer overall!

2029/30 Season - September to November

A new season starts and as expected, domestically it's gone very well. I'm going to gloss over the League, don't get me wrong it is important but this challenge is all about the Champions League and as we know seem to be challenging I want to concentrate more on that. 

But before we talk all things Panathiaikos let's firstly discuss Holland and World Cup Qualifying.

When I joined we had played 4 games and with 10 points we say 2nd behind Ukraine. The squad I have is amazing, De Ligt, Timber, Simons, Kluivert, Gakpo, Gravenberch and many many more. I really do think we have a chance of winning the World Cup and the final 6 games went just about as good as expected.

6 games, 6 wins and 33 goals scored. Some sensational wins and with that we eased our way to qualification for WC2030 in Spain.

Smashed it!

The draw for the World Cup is on December 15th, I shall report back when it's been made.

Now back to Panathinaikos, in the League it's gone as well as expected. I've mixed the team around to keep my key men fit and ready for the Champions League and the back up players have done really well.

5a8b1b8ba3ab4382f41db6832e2e8551.png

Unbeaten after 10 gams with some really good wins including a 2-0 away win Olympiakos.

4ced9f78c9b3be4a813f4ac1a7460c9b.png

Now to the Champions League, I had what I felt was a decent set of fixtures with only a couple of games I felt were tough. We played 5 of the 8 games over the last 3 months and it's gone amazingly.

Matchday 1 - AC Milan (A)

One of the game I expected to lose but we played really well, AC had most of the play but the match itself was pretty even. We took the lead through Nikola Iliev towards half time but we couldn't hold onto lead, AC scored 8 minutes into the second half. After that we sat back and soaked up the pressure. We came out with a 1-1 draw, definitely a point gained.

950272b305cabcad67751b1a3d2c757e.png

Matchday 2 - Monaco (H)

We really needed to win our home games and against Monaco I knew we had it in us to easily beat them, defensively we weren't at our best but attacking wise they couldn't cope. Afena-Gyan scored after a quarter of an hour before Monaco levelled a few minutes later. Iliev then gave us the lead right before half time. Monaco levelled against 7 minutes into the second half but as players started to tire we took advantage, scoring immediately after their second goal and then adding a 4th goal in injury time. A 4-2 win and a quality attacking performance.

16cd6f3006b969c3dc131e784ef198a0.png

Matchday 3 - Marseille (A)

I fully expected to win this game but Marseille had a better side than I expected including Dutch star Donny Ven de Beek and star striker Patrick Schick. We took the lead early on, Pinto with a lovely shot from the edge of the box, we huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down and then, 10 minutes into the second half, Schick scored a lovely header from a corner. The game then petered out, the subs made no difference and we had to settle with a 1-1 draw. Another solid point though away from home.

55fa2d2b952ee224cf80589505fdb01d.png

Matchday 4 - West Ham (H)

Last season Europa League winners came to our gaff and I fully expected a win. The game was actually really even, lots of chances for both sides but the different today was Unai Simon in goal, he made a string of amazing saves to keep us in the tie. We scored early through Iliev and then added a 2nd goal right before half time. If it wasn't for Simon though the game could've been so much different. In the second half he made save after save, denying Scamacca when clean through and a point blank McTominay header which he somehow kept out. A huge win!

180fb1d0a87a748f8789ae1bb450949f.png

Matchday 5 - Porto (H)

An absolutely stunning performance against the Portuguese champs. We utterly dominated from start to finish, the only thing that maybe let us down was our finishing. We had 30 shots with only 7 on target, Diogo Costa ended with their highest rating, he was brilliant but he was beaten! Pinto score just before a quarter of an hour and Afena-Gyan added a second with a lovely chip over Costa to make it 2. After that we should've scored more but Costa kept them in it, they rarely had a chance. Probably one of our best performances in the Champions League this season. 

cc8d44b2207e23487469fab67da9dd27.png

What a start, 5 games in, 11 points and we currently sit 5th.

d40f17285bb4ef9aad35ee1218c12305.png

Amazing, we have a serious chance of ending in the top 8 and therefore missing the dreaded playoff round, we do have some tough games to come though.

756cafef467ebb08ebde7c5b772b16ba.png

To end in the top 8 we really need to win 2 of those, Celtic we have a chance but the other 2 will be tough, I have faith though!

2029/30 Season - December and January

So far this Winter has been pretty quiet transfer wise, no one of note has left but 2 players have joined, just to bulk the squad out going into a period.

Harvey Barnes - Attacking Midfielder - £3.9m from Leicester

I planned to sign him on a free at the end of the season but when I saw how low the fee was I had to bring him in, will offer me a different option up front.

Loukas Tsoulias - Central Defender - £11.25m from Antwerp

My 2026 intake star comes home. Sold last Summer for £12.5m, re-signed for less than that. A good defensive option and helps with the homegrown rule.

Now let's discuss results, as per the previous post I'm going to concentrate on the Champions League but let's take a quick look at how the league is going.

f09d6b1164112f46332adf38b39262e9.png

A few slip ups lately but it coincides with me resting players for the Champions league, overall though we've been good and December was just incredible.

6f4b8e5553118b39e77facb8cac76d51.png

Still 3 clear but we should be much further ahead.

Now to the Champions League, 3 games to go, we really had to win 2 of them to get into the top 8 and an automatic spot in the Last 16.

Matchday 6 - Celtic (A)

One hell of a comeback, we were bloody awful in the opening 25 minutes, a "berate" shout worked the tricked and we came from 2-0 down to secure a massive 3-2 win. Central Defender Zabarnyi grabbing the all important goal.

0f77507a20e12efd5e8fe6b5368421f1.png

Matchday 7 - Napoli (H)

I fully expected to win this game but we just weren't at the races, we had very few chances and probably should've lost. A huge setback and we now go to Bayern knowing we cannot afford to lose, we sit in 6th place but there are 8 clubs behind us who could jump ahead if we lose.

e53228aed9ded76d5a1ad447a142c4ca.png

Matchday 8 - Bayern Munich (A)

A step too far, we tried our best but it wasn't good enough. Bayern were just too good and came away with a 2-0 win. A huge setback and one that dropped us out of the top 8.

cfdaa26f298e21249e83394745c7217c.png

From 6th with a game to go, all the way down to 13th, this league phase is so unforgiving. A good campaign overall though, we won half our games and only lost once. 13th place seals a playoff spot, the draw is still a week away!

2029/30 Season - Champions League Playoff Round

Here we go, after "bottling it" in the league phase we now go into a playoff against Porto for a spot in the Last 16.

1ST LEG (A)

The game was an absolute classic, defences were awful, attacking was brilliant. Porto took a lead midway through the first half but we immediately levelled, the game was tight with chances at both ends then half way through the second half Mancini scored to give us a 2-1 lead but Porto came back to make it 2-2. With 10 minutes to go we kept going at them and scored a third goal with 10 minutes to go. We then sat back and tried to play the game out but with 3 minutes left Porto scored to make it 3-3.

77f9f30f230c6084894032b938e509ba.png

A game we should've won but a draw away from home is a solid result. Onto the home leg!

2ND LEG (H)

One of those games on FM that you won't forget in a while. Porto kicked off and within 30 seconds were ahead, a shocking start and we looked shellshocked. Somehow we got into half time only 1 down, we needed to come out firing but within 7 minutes of the break Porto doubled their lead. 

A triple substitution was made and it worked as we immediately grabbed a goal back courtesy of Afena-Gyan, we tried to score but couldn't break through but then came the defining moment, with 9 minutes to go Porto were down to 10 men after a shocking 2-footed lunge from Carmo. After this we went for it, all out attack and within a minute of the red card Stansfield levelled the tie with a header from a corner. 

We continued to push and push but couldn't break through, then in the last minute of injury time we played the ball out to the right, Zabarnyi played it to Mancini, who beat his man, cut the ball across the box and Afena-Gyan nipped in front of his man and smashed it into the net!!!!! 3-2!!!!!!!

The whistle blew and we had done it!!! What a game!

b9bcde789a148dee5dd3481988bd5e65.png

An absolute epic, both legs were amazing. We're into the last 16 by the skin of our teeth!

Where we will face......

0e1a2ce8a930aa28c1dfd8b7c7e57507.png

Oh dear!!!! I mean we did beat Barca and PSG last season but we lost to these in the Semi Final. A tough tough ask!

cc4f8fe4656d49822980b9351de994fd.png

2029/30 Season - League and Cup update

The regular season is over so I thought it a good idea to update on how it's going.

6 games in February and March and it's gone really well, especially as I have had a few injuries and also resting players for the Champions League.

e5c80e2036272ad368d964f7e59a5ac3.png

6 games, 5 wins and some brilliant attacking performances. Unfortunately we lost the final game away to AEK but I played a full blown reserve team as we have Real Madrid in 3 days time!

6 points clear with 10 games to go, obviously there is much bigger games coming up with the Champions League so results may suffer but I full expect us to not blow that lead. Olympiakos, who had been with us all the way have fallen apart, losing their last 3 games.

We're also doing well in the Greek Cup, even more so when I've picked heavily rotated teams in all the games.

c4bc718128f717ebf1df01fd39f95132.png

We have one foot in the final after beating AEK 3-0 in 1st leg of the semi final.

Finally, the annual youth intake this year has given me a future star.

Top top quality for a 15-year old. Half Greek/Half Australian superstar defensive midfielder

2029/30 Season - Champions League Last 16 v Real Madrid

Here we go, one hell of a tough task, they knocked us out in the semis last season, time for revenge?

I once again did live updates on the FM Library Discord (if you want an invite link drop me a DM) so here is what happened.

1ST LEG (H)

6 mins - WHAT A START!!!! Maldini has a freekick way way out, he fools everyone and lays it wide to Afena-Gyan, he then passes it back to Maldini who has strided into the box and he smashes it home! 1-0 to Panathinaikos!!

18 mins - Oh wow what a goal from Ansu Fati, Real cannot play out of defence, they resort to lumping it forward, it's won in the air by Swedberg, it drops in the box, the keeper comes but is never gonna get there and from a ridiculous angle Fati smashes it home. 1-1

And that's half time, very few highlights bar the 2 goals

63 mins - Too much mucking about in midfield, Krejci is dispossessed by Valverde who plays in Rodrygo but his shot is tipped wide by Simon

86 mins - Again we lose it playing out from the back. Stansfield dallies on the ball and Ansu Fati wins it off him, he is through but runs wide, Stansfield dives in and fouls him right on the edge of the box, VAR is looking at it but I think it was just outsid

Yep just outside the box

87 mins - Sane takes the freekick, he swings it in and it's met by Swedberg but Unai Simon makes an incredible save and it's cleared away, Still 1-1

And that's full time, a 1-1 draw. Not enough in my opinion, with it being the home leg we really needed to winda23b2c4c2c464b720c07a379617fcc0.png

2ND LEG (A)

20 seconds - Their press is mental, we kick off, try and play it around and they're instantly on us, we lose it in midfield, Fati collects is but his shot it straight at Simon

6 mins - Wow. We try and press them from a goal kick, the keeper instead of playing it short leathers it up field, straight over our defence, Fati controls it and smashes it home. 1-0 to Real Madrid (2-1 on aggregate)

7 mins - STRAIGHT FROM THE KICK OFF!!!! We kick off and play it around midfield and defence, then one pass through the lines by Solet find Pinto, he plays it wide to Kun Wah Lee who crosses it and it's met by Afena-Gyan to score!!!! 1-1!! (2-2 on aggregate)

30 mins - A Real Madrid corner goes to the back post, Militao jumps and falls over, the ref blows and gives a penalty, VAR is looking at it

And it's given! Really soft

Fati steps up and sends Simon the wrong way. 2-1 to Real (3-2 on aggregate)

And that's half time, we're still in it!

48 mins - Real so close to a third, a Valverde corner is met by Camavinga but his header goes just over

64 mins - Now we go close, a Maldini freekick is met at the back post by Soucek but his header goes over

75 mins - We are trying but just cannot find a way through, we lose the ball again in midfield, it goes to Rosas down the right, his cross is met by Swedberg but it deflects wide

The corner comes in by Sane, it's cleared back to him, he strides into the box, his shot is awful but it takes a huge deflection off Tsoulias and luckily goes straight into the keepers hands!

82 mins - OH AFENA-GYAN! We win the ball from a Real freekick, we hit them on the break, Apostalou runs down the right, squares it to Afena-Gyan who with the whole goal gaping his his shot 5 yards wide

And that's fulltime, a gallant effort but not enough. Gutting!

4 minutes ago, KibworthBull said:

More money in the bank and go again next year (hopefully avoiding Madrid)

Written as i wipe the tears away from my eyes.. 

Money is going to be tight next year as I broke the bank last Summer, I am going to need to sell before I can buy and that comes with one big issue, players better than what I have cost way way too much for our budgets!

2029/30 Season - End of Season - League & Greek Cup Final

After the defeat to Real Madrid we got back to domestic action and ended the season in decent form. It was a struggle, morale had dipped after the defeat at the Bernabau, I tried to keep the players heads up but it was hard work. 

The Championship Group consists of 10 games and overall it was OK, we did lose a couple, 4 defeats over the season is the most in the last 4 campaigns. As expected though we eased to the League title, sealing it with 3 games to go. 

8372683601debe57ef1bb60724395452.png

10 games, 22 points, not bad but we didn't end great. 

ad92083c331b74d44d08918fd8b3aaaf.png

Our lowest points tally since the 2024/25 season. Still we end 9 points clear of the chasing pack. That makes 7 straight League titles as well, Olympiakos managed that feat twice in the past, just another title and we break their record for consecutive title wins.

Now to the Greek Cup, I mentioned in the previous update we had beaten AEK 3-0 in the first leg of the semi final, well we scraped through losing the second leg 2-0, it was tough though as it took place in the middle of an international break with 12 first team players out!

Anyway we got through 3-2 on aggregate and set up a final with PAOK.

The game itself wasn't great, we dominated the match but struggled to find a way past a stubborn PAOK defence, that was until midway through the second half, a Paride Mancini 20 yard freekick giving us the lead. We then sat back and held on for a scrappy but deserved 1-0 win.

467559e5c14da9ce3c920d7877482655.png

Another League and Cup double, our 4th in a row. 

So domestically a successful season, the Champions League ended too early for me but we were handed a tough draw, we held our own overall but just feel short.

Onto the key men and I have to start with Attacking Midfielder Daniel Maldini, he was just amazing, 36 starts, 10 as a sub16 goals and 23 assists. A key man who just does the job when needed. He also ends as the clubs player of the season.

f2d9d62f2498d70e207b996cfdd3ae25.png

Next is Greek Cup winning goalscorer Paride Mancini, playing in the middle of the attacking midfield three he had a stunning second season at the club, 33 starts, 8 goals and 13 assists, not as good as Maldini but still pretty decent!

16589aa0ac752652a091ce9ec71d96f5.png

Last but not least is the other lad in that amazing attacking midfield three Nikola Iliev, another absolutely crazy season for Nikola who ends with the most goals at the club, he did end the season playing upfront as I fell out with Afena-Gyan after his shocking miss in the Champions League and when he went up top he was even. 32 starts, 28 goals and 12 assists. Amazing!

f353679576ef9e287fc0c644c166eda5.png

Here is the Best XI for the season.

f70b11caf3c14f67044846372c03da2d.png

And here is the whole squad.

5d0d4ba8e0da066d45fd01915ce74392.png

So another decent season but we went backwards in the Champions League, that competition is really all that matters in this challenge. We somehow have to get this squad improving and in a better position to compete with Europes elite, we did it last season but this time around we struggled. I am really stuck as to what to do. Financially I have crippled the club this season trying to achieve my goal. We end up £60m lower in the bank balance, we spent over £40m more in players in than out and the wage budget rocketed by another £9m over the season. Gate receipts and Prize money went down, a perfect storm really.

Because of all this the budgets are tiny compared to what I've had in the past few seasons.

0763e0d20147fd5d7ed0cabfab9a93ca.png

Another decent jump in wage budget but we are pretty much spending that already, the transfer budget is not good enough to be mounting a Champions League challenge.

Then I have the usual Summer issue of players wanting to move, there are already rumours circulating around the likes of Iliev, Pinto, Zabarnyi and Maldini wanting to move clubs. This Summer feels like one of those Summers where we will transition the squad. I need to sell before I can buy but I need to be wary that whoever I sell from that Best XI needs to be replaced and that costs money, so I need to make sure I get enough money out of those key men and unfortunately they just aren't worth as much as I hoped!

It's going to be an interesting Summer, I feel quite pessimistic at the moment, hopefully as we head into a new season I get myself dusted down and go again!

World Cup 2030

Here we go, my first attempt a winning the World Cup with one of the international nearly men.

I have an amazing Dutch team and am really confident at how we will do.

7122a5b387cdf241d9c3760005bdf1e0.png

Group wise we have one of the tougher draws but still should easily qualify

Group Game 1 v Paraguay

A game in which we absolutely dominated, Koopmeiners missed a penalty but redeemed himself scoring from spot only a short while later. Emegha came off the bench to grab a second and after that we saw the game out. An xG of nearly 5!!

262ac1c52bd6c3bdf484a2e6365aa13c.jpg

Group Game 2 v Ivory Coast

As expected we dominated the game, Simons scored early before Gakpo doubled our lead, Ivory Coast scored immediately after before Gakpo grabbed his second just before half, second half goals from Bergwijn, Kluivert and Botman sealed a crushing 6-1 win. The only blot on the game was a red card for Bergwijn late on for a second yellow. 

56f61bdd6bd3d096613f5823eb03f844.jpg

And that sealed qualification for the knockouts in top spot.

Where, in the Last 32 we faced Algeria. We also knew our route through the tournament now, Serbia or Mali in the Last 16 with a potential tie with England in the Quarters!

4837483304e276a175b535fca80504f8.png

Last 32 v Algeria

It was the Ryan Gravenberch show, the attacking midfielder showed his class scoring a hat-trick in a 4-1 win, Gakpo scoring 2 late on to seal a 5-1 win. A great result putting us into the Last 16 where we will face Serbia who beat Mali 5-0

9c1628159d2d5233e59a8bdb11085e2a.jpg

Last 16 v Serbia

I decided to bring Emegha in to play upfront, Kluivert was left out due to him being shattered and Gakpo moved to the left, well it worked a treat. Emegha scored twice in the first half to put us well in command, van de Beek scored midway through the second half and we coasted to victory, a 3-0 win......England up next!!

7729a98307d28d495dd4ae6c32a9a51c.jpg

Quarter Final v England

A tough tight game settled by a moment of magic. We played well but Harry Kane scored a second half goal from outside the box. We were very unlucky though, we had a penalty overturned by VAR even though Xavi Simons looked inside the box and a goal disallowed for offisde.

3d90501c2acdea36e2ae64c403afc0b0-jpg.jpg

A crap way to end but we did well. On another day we would've won that game

2030/31 Season - Champions League Fixtures and Transfer Update

A new season begins and this season we have to do better in the Champions League, I have put a lot of time into the squad this season, lot's of players have gone, experience and quality have replaced them in the hope it gives us the ability to challenge the bit boys in Europe.

Firstly, the Champions League fixtures and boy it looks tough..

Some really tough games and an odd fixture list as we start with 2 away games then play at home 4 games in a row. One of the toughest set of fixtures we've had with a couple of hard home matches and 4 really tough away games.

Let's hope we have enough in us, top 8 maybe out of reach this time around but a playoff spot is a necessity.

Now to the transfers and it's been a very busy Summer!

Firstly, the out's....

Let me explain the out's, well the main ones anyway. Iliev, Mancini, Kosongo were all out of contract in 12 months time and had already said they weren't signing a new deal. Mancini was the one I didn't want to lose as I had already let Iliev go but the deal was too good to say no to.

We also let LB Moke go, £40m was huge, we signed him for £22m 12 months ago, Zabarnyi also goes, a lad who moaned all last season, GK Majecki went, I f*cked him off last season as he is a pain in the arse, we also let Soucek leave, along with Buitrago and Lapitis who were in the first team

So loads of outs, a cull of the squad and a load of money in.

Now to the in's, 8 in total and I am really happy with my business.

Casper Jensen - Attacking Midfield - £6.25m from Udinese

When I saw those mentals I had to bring him in.

Birger Sauerland - Central Defender - Loan from Dortmund

I couldn't find a replacement for Zirbanyi so decided to make a short term loan signing as a solution

Carlos Monge - Left Back - £15m from Wolfsburg

My replacement for Moke, just as good for less than half the money

Andre Silva - Striker - £3m from Valencia

Champions League experience and adds another option up front, something I didn't have last season.

Mateo Kovacic - Defensive Midfield - £1.7m from AC Milan

More Champions League experience, I had very little options at DM due to losing Soucek and Kasongo, a great replacement

Houssem Aouar - Attacking Midfield - £9m from Lyon

My replacement for Iliev, more Champions League experience and a quality player

Alvaro Fernandez - Goalkeeper - £12.25m from Marseille

I had no plans to sign a new Keeper, then in pre-season training Unai Simon broke his leg and was ruled out for 8-9 months, with Majecki also going this left with just kids in goal, a necessary signing

Eyup Aydin - Defensive Midfield - £17.5m from Darmstadt

A quality DM, much needed!

The squad now looks set, it's still big with a lot of youngsters and homegrown players in it. Haddad (Striker) who I signed from PSG a season ago had an amazing loan spell at Valladolid last season, scoring 18 La Liga goals has been brought into the first team squad

2280890883e3787bfe15758cb4aab990.png

Updates from this season onwards will be a little different, the Champions League is the most important thing as that's the challenge, so from now on I will be concentrating on that in my updates with the domestic trophies only mentioned if something important happens, other than that I will update those competitions at the end of the season

2030/31 Season - Champions League Group Phase Games 1-4

We have a shocking run of fixtures but let's hope we can somehow come out with a playoff place (top 24th).

Matchday 1 - Dortmund (A)

How on earth we came out of this match with anything is beyond me, we got absolutely battered from the off, backs to the wall defending not helped by Krejci getting his marching orders in the 23rd minute after a second yellow card. We defended for our lives, got lucky with some poor finishing but still went behind courtesy of a penalty with 15 minutes to go. After that we had to try and push and in the last minute we scored the most unlikely of equalisers, Andre Silva coming off the bench to score from close range. A 1-1 draw, a huge point and a morale boosting result.

410a2d0d3b4b8cb5bce6bdbb2b740594.png

Matchday 2 - Juventus (A)

Another tough away game and another backs to the wall performance, again we defended for our lives, again they struggled to break us down and once again they scored late on. We looked to be heading towards defeat until 2 minutes to go when Daniel Maldini broke clear of the defence and smashed it past Trubin in the Juve goal. Another amazing draw!! We now go into 4 straight home games and really need to win them all if we want top 8.

Matchday 3 - Inter (H)

It doesn't happy very often where I switch formation to counteract the opposition, I usually just go with my guy. In the instance of Inter Milan though I noticed they were playing a 352 so I bit the bullet and decided to switch to my 4231 tactic with wide men instead of 3 attacking midfielders. Well it worked a treat!!! By half time we were 2-0 up, Barnes on the left was a constant threat and they looked shell shocked, we added a third midway through the second half before Inter pulled one back. We then saw the game out to seal a huge win

546cbef5425f9ddd01b2e602f6c4e32d.png

Matchday 4 - FC Koln (H)

We expected to win this game and win we did. The 3 lads behind Afena-Gyan were incredible, he himself was bloody awful. Luckily we didn't need him. We took an early 2-0 lead and when Koln went down to 10 men we knew we had the game won, we grabbed a third goal just after the red card and coasted to a 3-0.

fb09ba0b044940daa58bc41e43d3abd8.png

A great start, some really tough matches and we've come out with 8 points from our opening 4 games.

daee942f0c47d802366292684da3e0c6.png

In that Top 8 but there are big games to come, the next two are at home, against Benfica and Barcelona, we then end with PSV and Celtic away. COME ON!!

2030/31 Season - Champions League Group Stage Games 5-8

Matchday 5 - Benfica (H)

This was a must win game, with Barca coming up next we needed the points on the board. We went into the game with everyone fit and firing and we were just incredible. Benfica didn't get a sniff and we dominated the match. Barnes scored early and by half-time it was 2-0 courtesy of an Afena-Gyan penalty. We coasted through the second half, giving certain players some rest, we scored twice more, Maldini with a free-kick and then Afena-Gyan with his second. A fantastic win.

f3d0a53579ef2a49513be0d2b9af2173.png

Matchday 6 - Barcelona (H)

One of the worst games you're most likely to see, in the first half there was not one highlight, it was a scrap, so many yellow cards but unfortunately no goals. A game we will forget very quickly but against one of Europe's elite it it a solid point. With 2 games to go we sit in 11th place but it's really tight, we're 2 points off 3rd but also 2 points off 16th. 2 away games to go but games we should have a chance in, we probably need to win both to qualify in the top 8

56f87194d62da2fcda7cc6101179dc77.png

Matchday 7 - PSV (A)

Games change by moments and in this game it was a red card midway through the first half. One of my key men in the Dutch side Xavi Simons got his marching order for a two-footed tackle which sent PSV down to 10 men, prior to that they were the better side but as soon as they lost Simons we took charge, scoring just before halftime courtesy of an Aydin rocket. It took us until the 75th minute to double our lead, Andre Silva, playing because Afena-Gyan is away on African Nations duty grabbing the goal, PSV did get one back but as they pushed forward we hit them on the break and in the 94th minute 2027 intake star Matsoukas scored to seal a 3-1 win

e792e26c640642a6cf00ce1235288b17.png

A huge win and this means with 1 game left we are in the top 8 spots, we were here last season and know how easy it is to drop out, the league table is so tight behind us.

3acb41407e128cb21a48fccc6882becb.png

11 teams could overtake us if we lose, 8 teams is we draw. We have to beat Celtic away!

Matchday 8 - Celtic (A)

A must win game and my god it was cagey. Hardly any highlights in the first half but in the second we dominated the play but couldn't score, it took until the 78th minute for it to all go off. I made a double substitution bringing Kovacic and Barnes on and it changed the game. Barnes scored within 5 minutes of coming on but his goal was disallowed for offside, 2 minutes later we eventually scored, the dubs combining for a wonderful goal, Barnes finishing off a gorgeous Kovacic pass. Celtic then kicked off, strode forward and got dispossessed, we hit them on the break and Aouar scored with a cheeky back hell!!! A 2-0 win and with that qualification for the Last 16 without the need of a playoff!!!!

939b15597fbe707965031b44928c1242.png

b451c0abc0dd99e6a35858f4c6833a46.png

Absolutely amazing, what a run so far! We now await the playoff round before we know our Last 16 opponents

2030/31 Season - Champions League Last 16

Well the draw came out and we were handed a really tough match. To be honest though bar FC Koln and tycoon-owned Antwerp every game looked hard.

Chelsea over 2 legs, bring it on!!!!!!

1ST LEG (A)

It was another one of those game where we got absolutely battered but somehow held our own. We were lucky that their finishing was poor and Fernandez in goal was amazing for us. Havertz grabbed a goal right before half time but even closer to the break Pinto scored with a close range shot. After that we sat back and hung on. The bad news though is Stansfield got a 2nd yellow and will miss the home leg, he is probably our best defender.

cf40fa8902d1513754be3b60d19cbc75.png

2NG LEG (H)

When playing FM there are certain points where you sit and watch a game and cannot fathom what is going on, this was that game. I decided, rather spontaneously to switch from my narrow 4231 to a wide 4231, there was no rhyme or reason, I just wanted to try and fool Chelsea, I hadn't switched formation for about 20 games. What happened next will live long in the memory.

After 17 minutes we found ourselves 2-0 up, Chelsea looked shellshocked and we were all over them. Half time came and we had been amazing. Then came the 2nd half, 49 seconds in we got a free kick on the left edge of the box, Maldini swung it in and Tsoulias nodded home to make it 3-0. Chelsea kicked off, played it backwards to Mount, he aimlessly smashed it forward, it was picked up by Kun Wah Lee, we played it around defence for about 10 passes then bag, Afena-Gyan was in, he ran a bit wide, cut back and played it to Maldini who smashed it home to make it 4-0!!!! I could not believe what I was watching but it got even better. 67 mins, we got another corner, it came in and Soyuncu headered home! 5-0!!!!!

The whistle blew to end one of the greatest nights in Panathinaikos history. And now you're gonna believe us!!!!

ea4af715858f81d7eb1ee4a634f60197.png

We're into the Quarters but have to wait another 9 days until the draw!

2030/31 Season - Champions League Quarter and Semi Final Draws

I don't know why it happens but there was no official draw for the next round, it just pops up as a news item. So no excitement at all!

We have been handed a really tough draw in the Quarters as we face Manchester United

526a22e0310009ba1c3c15cbb89e1763.png

In the last round they beat Man City 5-1 on aggregate after beating them 5-0 in the home leg. We have a really tough task but we beat Chelsea so we can beat these!

If we get through to the Semi Final we will face either Bayern or PSG.

c51194a5fb4f9f4bec21ace27ab24fc4.png

BRING IT ON!

2030/31 Season - Champions League Quarter Final v Manchester United

Here we go, another massive game, first leg is at home, let's make it count!

1ST LEG (H)

What a game! We started so well scoring early courtesy of Aouar but then had a major setback as Left Back Monge was shown a second yellow card, we somehow held on to half time, I asked the boys to keep it tight but somehow, only 2 minutes into the second half a Maldini freekick was headered home by Soyuncu to make it 2-0. Man Utd then went down to 10 men as well and after that we dominated, we played some amazing football and made it 3-0 win 12 minutes to go, Maldini finding space and smashing home. An absolutely sensational win!!!!

df37c8416d62477c9e08427bd557b1bc.png

2ND LEG (A)

I always expected a Man United onslaught but this was one of the tensest games I've ever been involved in. As the half time whistle blew it all looked fine and dandy, we had scored right before the half time whistle, Stansfield, up for a free kick smashing home to put us 1-0 up on the night and 4-0 on aggregate. We looked to easing through but Marcus Rashford did not think that! Within 10 mins of the second half he had got one back and suddenly we looked nervy, our strong defence has lost the plot and we were giving the ball away time after time. 9 minutes later Rashorfd had his second, another defensive mistake letting him in. Then came some luck, Sancho scored but the goal was disallowed for offside. We looked to have stemmed the tide until with 5 mins to go Rashford grabbed his hat-trick to make it 4-3 on aggregate. The lads looked shot but I told the lads to time waste and stuck everyone behind the ball, 4 minutes of injury time felt like an hour but we somehow, after nearly bottling it, made it through 4-3 on aggregate!!!

037ba527e9fd0fa8ea880d776d815500.png

Into the Champions League semi finals, we were here 2 years ago, we threw it away, this year though things feel different.

Bayern Munich are our next opponents, can we provide another miracle??!!

2030/31 Season - Champions League Semi Final v Bayern Munich

Here we go!!! Could we get to the Champions League final? Well the German giants Bayern stand in our way, a tough game but after knocking out Chelsea and Man United I fear no one!!

1ST LEG (A)

It was a very tense game bar 11 minutes in the first half. Bayern did us from 2 set pieces to score twice, sandwiched in the middle was Soyuncu header from a corner. The second half was pointless, there wasn't one highlight, time just ticked away and nothing happened. A 2-1 loss but we are still well in the tie, especially as to how the previous rounds have gone in the home leg.

b81ee097110c0c845457903f79e76218.png

2ND LEG (H)

We had to go for it but the game was really tense, hardly any first half highlights and the game was pretty drab. Then midway through the 2nd half, Maldini ran clear and smashed it into the net to put us into the lead on the night and level the tie at 2-2.

The game then petered out with very few highlights, the whistle blew and it went to extra time.

This is where it all kicked off. From no highlights to a highlight every minute. We had so many chances, sitters, blocks, woodwork but then with 2 minutes of the first half to go we got a freekick on the edge of the box, Kovacic, retiring at the end of the season, stepped up and he rifled it into the top corner!! We were 3-2 up, the second half of extra time was chaotic, Sesko for Bayern missed so many chances, Chukwueze had one wonderfully cleared off the line by Stansfield, but as Bayern piled forward we hit them on the break, Aydin layed Pinto in, he was the calmest man in Greece as he slid the ball past the Bayern keeper to make it 3-0 on the night and 4-2 on aggregate.

The whistle blew and we had done it!! CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL HERE WE COME!!!!

d5a6251b0c42ec6df37039cc337d6896.png

Where we will face Inter Milan!!! BRING IT ON!!!