Logo & Kits does not appear

Daryy

I'm having this issue as well. I have followed all the usual steps of ticking and unticking appropriate boxes and putting the folder and images in the right place.

I found a workaround of going to AppData/Local/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023 and deleting the "Preferences" folder. This seems to fully clear the cache and I get my graphics back. However, I then have to change all my options in Preferences to what I want. And I have to do this every single time I open FM. I had this issue in 22 as well and it was never fixed. It's very frustrating.

4 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

I'm having this issue as well. I have followed all the usual steps of ticking and unticking appropriate boxes and putting the folder and images in the right place.

I found a workaround of going to AppData/Local/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023 and deleting the "Preferences" folder. This seems to fully clear the cache and I get my graphics back. However, I then have to change all my options in Preferences to what I want. And I have to do this every single time I open FM. I had this issue in 22 as well and it was never fixed. It's very frustrating.

If your deleting your preference to make it work then it's something in preferences that you are not doing or isn't working.  

16 minutes ago, prot651 said:

If your deleting your preference to make it work then it's something in preferences that you are not doing or isn't working.

I set up my preferences identically every time in-game. It's definitely something in preferences that isn't being saved, but I've reloaded the skin manually a bunch of times. It just, for some reason, doesn't seem to see my graphics folder. I do have it set up with a symbolic link for my graphics folder rather than sticking the images in a new folder every season, but I've had that for the past half a dozen years or more and only 22/23 have required me to delete the Preferences folder.

2 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

I set up my preferences identically every time in-game. It's definitely something in preferences that isn't being saved, but I've reloaded the skin manually a bunch of times. It just, for some reason, doesn't seem to see my graphics folder. I do have it set up with a symbolic link for my graphics folder rather than sticking the images in a new folder every season, but I've had that for the past half a dozen years or more and only 22/23 have required me to delete the Preferences folder.

Are you using a custom skin

On 23/10/2022 at 01:02, alian62 said:

Are you using a custom skin

Nope

On 23/10/2022 at 03:53, snowofman said:

1) are we talking pc or mac

2) steam or something else

3) can you show a screenshot of your path from Documents to the final folder

we have more change of helping with more info

PC, Steam:

image.png.b6269f9860897e76dcbd52061fb9825d.png

The above is linked via a symbolic link to:
image.png.abf04c36b0c3f0acbfdbcd5b40a77976.png

You can see that in the Football Manager 2023 folder:
image.png.91d0781d9488ac0376a648a3a7f70703.png

They're symbolically linked because I keep my C drive as light as possible to keep it as a boot drive and I store everything on my H drive.

21 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you are having trouble installing graphics then have a read of this thread (follow the FM22 instructions for FM23):

While I appreciate the link, the graphics I am using do install and display. Until I close and reopen FM. Then they refuse to, even after following all the steps, and unticking caching then reloading the skin in the Preferences menu again. I have to delete the Preferences folder in AppData while FM is closed, and then if I follow all the steps and untick caching and reload the skin the graphics will appear. But this happens every time.

I'm happy to get/give as much info as needed, but it's very strange to me that it works and then stops working if I close the game.

image.png

@hasdgfas

If you are turning the skin cache back on try leaving it off.

Can also try renaming the facepack and logos folders to something more simple as caps, spaces and long folder names can sometimes cause issues.

Another option is instead of creating links to your graphics on the H drive, change your user data location to somewhere on the H drive.

Looks like it might be a User Data Location thing, because I tweaked a few things around that and it seems to be keeping graphics after closing and reopening now. I would also recommend that for @Daryy, the OP here. Double-check your User Data Location info and make sure you didn't change that, because it could have de-synced something somewhere.

Cheers @michaeltmurrayuk, guess I was changing too many variables at once :)