What are balance and strength attributes?

We'd love to hear your thoughts on these two attributes.

I wonder what the fm looks at and measures the number when it assigns this property.
There are players like Lukaku and Zlatan, and there are players with good technique like Dybala and Messi.

I looked at the stats of several players, but I wonder if they have their own calculation method.. I found this problem difficult.

I enjoyed reading this article.

I definitely think the attributes described in the manual need to be more detailed.

Edited by 뜨페이뜨

I think Messi is the best example to understand both. You would not say that Messi is a strong player, he would generally not get the ball from another player using his physical strength. However, when he is with the ball he stands physical contact very very well, maintaining his original pace and direction without falling. That's what balance is. If you check his stats, he always has very high balance and low strength.

Edited by el_manayer

2 hours ago, el_manayer said:

I think Messy is the best example to understand both. You would not say that Messi is a strong player, he would generally not get the ball from another player using his physical strength. However, when he is with the ball he stands physical contact very very well, maintaining his original pace and direction without falling. That's what balance is. If you check his stats, he always has very high balance and low strength.

That’s the perfect example 

9 hours ago, el_manayer said:

I think Messi is the best example to understand both. You would not say that Messi is a strong player, he would generally not get the ball from another player using his physical strength. However, when he is with the ball he stands physical contact very very well, maintaining his original pace and direction without falling. That's what balance is. If you check his stats, he always has very high balance and low strength.

Balance is primarily the ability to play accurately when moving at pace (crossing, shooting, dribbling etc.). It has a secondary benefit of making a player better at defending the ball as you describe, but Strength is still the largest factor in shielding the ball and not getting knocked around.

I think of Strength as weight rather than muscles; how much force will the player exert in contact with another player. Generally speaking bigger, taller players will have high Strength and low Balance, while small ones will have low Strength high Balance. But there are of course exceptions especially at the top levels of the game where elite athletes are more common.

32 minutes ago, swansongs said:

Balance is primarily the ability to play accurately when moving at pace (crossing, shooting, dribbling etc.). It has a secondary benefit of making a player better at defending the ball as you describe, but Strength is still the largest factor in shielding the ball and not getting knocked around.

I think of Strength as weight rather than muscles; how much force will the player exert in contact with another player. Generally speaking bigger, taller players will have high Strength and low Balance, while small ones will have low Strength high Balance. But there are of course exceptions especially at the top levels of the game where elite athletes are more common.

Oh I was confused then, thanks a lot! :D