The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

7 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I was going to put a note in the new OP but yeah I've no issue with anyone continuing their save on FM24 posting in the new thread. 

Also think we need to add what types of game mode should be used. My vote goes for the "Original" as that's pretty much how it works in FM23.

image.thumb.png.997f745b90285235791534fecd24b5ff.png

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Also think we need to add what types of game mode should be used. My vote goes for the "Original" as that's pretty much how it works in FM23.

image.thumb.png.997f745b90285235791534fecd24b5ff.png

My thought process was that it didn't really affect us in here as we holiday the first season and don't sign anyone anyone so I just assumed using "Original" would be what people use anyway?

@Jimbokav1971 thanks man! I have been playing this FM more as a 'statistics manager' so have been working on developing my excel files. [Makes me feel less guilty "playing" in excel late into the night :) ]. If you want any spreadsheets just PM. These summaries are using 2 of 3 that I have right now. The Current Ability one calculates the CA (duh) and also is automated to generate all the Player Career tables, which makes end of season posts a breeze. Then my Results sheet is pretty manual, but has a tab where all the Youth data is put together. I have a 3rd for playing statistics which is a massive sheet that I used for my Caribbean Moneyball save with a MLS side. 

With regards to Unambitious: 25% is pretty much average compared to my other saves. Granted I could be doing something seriously wrong, but for my style of choosing coaches [High Determination & Professional Personalities] and for the countries/levels I play in [Minow Nations / Lower levels of Big nations] Barbados academy overall has acceptable numbers.

The worry I have is the trend of the Unambitious right now. There is precedence to have back-to-back high Unambitious intakes as its happened 2 times (5,6). The worry is if this continues.

image.png.394b38176a1f818131554dbbe098e002.png

How does it Compare to my other saves?

For FM23 I've played 4 Youth Saves including my Current Barbados Save. They are: England [BETA] (2031) ; Luxembourg (2055) ; Germany LL (2037) ; Barbados (2039). While the CA portion of my tracking is newer than these other saves, the personality part is tracked properly in all spreadsheets.

From my data, basically if you are seeing more than 1/3 Positive personalities over time you are 'above the curve' so to speak with generating good personality youngsters. All the numbers are just for the final tracked year percentage. With the data I could do over-time % of Intake per specific personality to see trends and since for many of these saves I tracked HOYD changes I could also compare shifts to years of change. What I didn't track though was U18 Manager Changes, so only so much value in that comparison.

One thing I haven't charted/graphed but have the data for in my Germany & Current save is Determination. I could see value in tracking determination over time and comparing it to the determination of the HOYD & U18 Manager to see how close they are. Probably for my next version of my Youth tracking I'll add that into the mix. 

Here are the Youth Summary shots for my 3 other saves:

England - Guisley [League 2]

Here I still did city of origin, but that is a pain so I dropped it. Here I broke out the personalities more, but i decided to pull that out of the screenshot for latter iterations to make room for the graph part. Unambitious 22%

image.thumb.png.7f6ce791cf79f28f5adb056318d0c1c3.png

Germany - Elazig Spor Hamburg [Regional Division]

I like unique Newgen clubs, so this is a Turkish Producing Club in Germany, which was a fun journey. Issue with German lower leagues is there is no money and the board built a horribly financed stadium that bankrupted the club, so the writing was on the wall here. Unambitious 25%.

image.thumb.png.7545b4ff7eff25491262747ff8900463.png

Luxembourg - ALS Porto

Same as above, this is a Portuguese & Cape Verde producing club in Luxembourg, who I took all the way to end-game ability though just shy of completion of the challenge. They are a Euro Cup winning side with about as maxed facilities and Coaches that you can get currently in the challenge (due to the YF Changes). Unambitious 26%

image.thumb.png.07753edc19ba55563c76c732c93efe2e.png

Here are the HOYDs I used. Important to note is at the start of these odd-nation LL saves I had to use a General Manager to find players, which is of course bad for finding good determination & personality players. 

image.png.05fa0ab77fc2b2e2419499d4137481a5.png

One big reason this save was on its last legs was a real collapse of my youth academy in the final years, which is represented by a big skew down in positive personalities. 22% Positive is seriously low to the point that it was making competing in the Champions League knockouts nigh impossible.

Note: If I remember right that final HOYD downgraded his personality from Resolute to Fairly Determined after I hired him, which is annoying. I already had other HOYD at the club who were ready to take over, but I was pretty much in a 'final 2 year' mode with the save anyways because I was about to lose all my star players.

Here is the raw personality data for Luxembourg. I hid the low number personalities to make it a more readable table (though still ugly as sin). Note I have demarcated the changes in HOYD to the left.  While your first thought would be "thats a lot of Unambitious", that's not actually what is bad about this table. The issue is the number of Low Determination & Fairly Sporting. These are players that ideally should be pushed towards either Ambitious or Professional personalities based on your staff as well as better than awful determination (10). These players shifting into light positive personalities (fairly professional / fairly ambitious) is what gets you over 1/3 Positive personalities. The fact these two are so high in this save indicates that my HOYD/Staff weren't providing enough influence towards higher determination & Professionalism [as those were the two attributes I focused my staff hiring on]. 

image.png.bdf33e437fcc69f96c35505e8017538b.png

Probably put a ton more in here than you were looking for, but this data part I find very interesting and with this being the end of a cycle its nice to look back at the saves I've played and what data I collected from them.

The striker is a lot easier to answer. His name was Clive Jones, and he's the one mentioned in the post. I moved him up to the 1st team and he's a rotational striker for us. As the 2nd Left-Footed player (after Carillo) he tends to get the start in the 2nd squad and I flip the STCL role to AF for him. He has gained 2 Determination being mentored by my other striker Randolph Morris (spirited Det 12), so hopefully he can at least bump up to a neutral personality.

On 04/10/2023 at 22:48, WhiteCat33 said:

Clive Jones ; Gregory Neblett ; Randolph Morris - These are our Poachers / Advanced Forwards. Jones came in last intake (and I haven't added his face yet) and has surprised me by not only actually developing with 3 Det & Unambitious, but also scoring goals with 11 in 11 apperances.

Edited by WhiteCat33

42 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@Jimbokav1971 thanks man! I have been playing this FM more as a 'statistics manager' so have been working on developing my excel files. [Makes me feel less guilty "playing" in excel late into the night :) ]. If you want any spreadsheets just PM. These summaries are using 2 of 3 that I have right now. The Current Ability one calculates the CA (duh) and also is automated to generate all the Player Career tables, which makes end of season posts a breeze. Then my Results sheet is pretty manual, but has a tab where all the Youth data is put together. I have a 3rd for playing statistics which is a massive sheet that I used for my Caribbean Moneyball save with a MLS side. 

With regards to Unambitious: 25% is pretty much average compared to my other saves. Granted I could be doing something seriously wrong, but for my style of choosing coaches [High Determination & Professional Personalities] and for the countries/levels I play in [Minow Nations / Lower levels of Big nations] Barbados academy overall has acceptable numbers.

The worry I have is the trend of the Unambitious right now. There is precedence to have back-to-back high Unambitious intakes as its happened 2 times (5,6). The worry is if this continues.

image.png.394b38176a1f818131554dbbe098e002.png

How does it Compare to my other saves?

For FM23 I've played 4 Youth Saves including my Current Barbados Save. They are: England [BETA] (2031) ; Luxembourg (2055) ; Germany LL (2037) ; Barbados (2039). While the CA portion of my tracking is newer than these other saves, the personality part is tracked properly in all spreadsheets.

From my data, basically if you are seeing more than 1/3 Positive personalities over time you are 'above the curve' so to speak with generating good personality youngsters. All the numbers are just for the final tracked year percentage. With the data I could do over-time % of Intake per specific personality to see trends and since for many of these saves I tracked HOYD changes I could also compare shifts to years of change. What I didn't track though was U18 Manager Changes, so only so much value in that comparison.

One thing I haven't charted/graphed but have the data for in my Germany & Current save is Determination. I could see value in tracking determination over time and comparing it to the determination of the HOYD & U18 Manager to see how close they are. Probably for my next version of my Youth tracking I'll add that into the mix. 

Here are the Youth Summary shots for my 3 other saves:

England - Guisley [League 2]

Here I still did city of origin, but that is a pain so I dropped it. Here I broke out the personalities more, but i decided to pull that out of the screenshot for latter iterations to make room for the graph part. Unambitious 22%

image.thumb.png.7f6ce791cf79f28f5adb056318d0c1c3.png

Germany - Elazig Spor Hamburg [Regional Division]

I like unique Newgen clubs, so this is a Turkish Producing Club in Germany, which was a fun journey. Issue with German lower leagues is there is no money and the board built a horribly financed stadium that bankrupted the club, so the writing was on the wall here. Unambitious 25%.

image.thumb.png.7545b4ff7eff25491262747ff8900463.png

Luxembourg - ALS Porto

Same as above, this is a Portuguese & Cape Verde producing club in Luxembourg, who I took all the way to end-game ability though just shy of completion of the challenge. They are a Euro Cup winning side with about as maxed facilities and Coaches that you can get currently in the challenge (due to the YF Changes). Unambitious 26%

image.thumb.png.07753edc19ba55563c76c732c93efe2e.png

Here are the HOYDs I used. Important to note is at the start of these odd-nation LL saves I had to use a General Manager to find players, which is of course bad for finding good determination & personality players. 

image.png.05fa0ab77fc2b2e2419499d4137481a5.png

One big reason this save was on its last legs was a real collapse of my youth academy in the final years, which is represented by a big skew down in positive personalities. 22% Positive is seriously low to the point that it was making competing in the Champions League knockouts nigh impossible.

Note: If I remember right that final HOYD downgraded his personality from Resolute to Fairly Determined after I hired him, which is annoying. I already had other HOYD at the club who were ready to take over, but I was pretty much in a 'final 2 year' mode with the save anyways because I was about to lose all my star players.

Here is the raw personality data for Luxembourg. I hid the low number personalities to make it a more readable table (though still ugly as sin). Note I have demarcated the changes in HOYD to the left.  While your first thought would be "thats a lot of Unambitious", that's not actually what is bad about this table. The issue is the number of Low Determination & Fairly Sporting. These are players that ideally should be pushed towards either Ambitious or Professional personalities based on your staff as well as better than awful determination (10). These players shifting into light positive personalities (fairly professional / fairly ambitious) is what gets you over 1/3 Positive personalities. The fact these two are so high in this save indicates that my HOYD/Staff weren't providing enough influence towards higher determination & Professionalism [as those were the two attributes I focused my staff hiring on]. 

image.png.bdf33e437fcc69f96c35505e8017538b.png

Probably put a ton more in here than you were looking for, but this data part I find very interesting and with this being the end of a cycle its nice to look back at the saves I've played and what data I collected from them.

The striker is a lot easier to answer. His name was Clive Jones, and he's the one mentioned in the post. I moved him up to the 1st team and he's a rotational striker for us. As the 2nd Left-Footed player (after Carillo) he tends to get the start in the 2nd squad and I flip the STCL role to AF for him. He has gained 2 Determination being mentored by my other striker Randolph Morris (spirited Det 12), so hopefully he can at least bump up to a neutral personality.

That's some brilliant data and it's really interesting. 

My pet hate, (in terms of personalities), other than Casual and Slack of course, is the double whammy of (Unamb) + (L.Det). In the early seasons of the saves I had to sign absolutely everyone so it was hard to make any inroads into the suad personality at all. I'm in 2046 now though and as the seasons have progressed I have slowly weaned myself off poor personalities and now I don't usually sign anyone with single digit (Det) score. I'm less concerned about (Unamb), just so long as it isn't twinned with (L.Det). I like to think that you can cope with 1 significant negative character attribute, but 2 just makes it counter-productive, (although in some cases a good CA might still make it worthwhile signing the player. 

These are the attributes of the players currently at the club, (Senior and U19 squads). 

It's not amazing, but it's not horrendous either. 

ebe19ed7fa3e7713f56f8864248051aa.png
8ce74651409cdf4faee9241b61ff4bb8.png
85eb014119723c898de9649c84607d4e.png
b6e4dd7cdc448e52634208e4aab8ad92.png
feda175eef4abaf0191a21baa6f32a47.png
56453fb88f05842b932e87ab06c6a231.png

There are players with single digit (Det), and the only reason the (L.Det) player is there is because although I didn't offer him a contract on Youth Intake day, he was signed by another Kosovan club & I then paid them £10M for him, (just to give them money). He will be leaving on a free at the end of the season. 

3d9ce4441171c7f4a371dee538d6febe.png

The players who have come through our Academy and are still in the game make for less good reading though. 

b91564471d06dd0ff27481bf9e363a2a.png5a9100d5569828012019fb6ee142c148.png64061710f964f805d2295ead4c43eda7.pngdbc4d499fb5c9b7bdcf0824af48e90c5.png64bcd61615f3a7a2792275d30941d813.png0fd10d17e8fc653ef0f985760ad8067d.png

fd95a4eca3eff5e23fb0fc71b919cd3c.png7318e0edbd985e27b68dac11113166fe.png

The last 6 players have an unknown personality because they haven't been scouted recently/ever. 

34x (Unamb) players from a total of 140(ish) known personalities is 24.3%, (only slightly lower than your 25.1%), butu obviously the personality numbers are skewed by these being only players who have left the club.

8x (Unamb) players from a total of 103 players currently at the club is only about 8%, but obviously that's been manipulated by me not wanting (Unamb) players at the club. 

In total that's 34+8=42 (Unamb) players who have come through our Academy & are still in the game from a total of 140+103=243 players gives us 17%, but obviously that's still been manipulated because players are more likely to be released and retire with poor personalities because they been unable to develop sufficiently. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's some brilliant data and it's really interesting. 

My pet hate, (in terms of personalities), other than Casual and Slack of course, is the double whammy of (Unamb) + (L.Det). In the early seasons of the saves I had to sign absolutely everyone so it was hard to make any inroads into the suad personality at all. I'm in 2046 now though and as the seasons have progressed I have slowly weaned myself off poor personalities and now I don't usually sign anyone with single digit (Det) score. I'm less concerned about (Unamb), just so long as it isn't twinned with (L.Det). I like to think that you can cope with 1 significant negative character attribute, but 2 just makes it counter-productive, (although in some cases a good CA might still make it worthwhile signing the player. 

These are the attributes of the players currently at the club, (Senior and U19 squads). 

It's not amazing, but it's not horrendous either. 

ebe19ed7fa3e7713f56f8864248051aa.png
8ce74651409cdf4faee9241b61ff4bb8.png
85eb014119723c898de9649c84607d4e.png
b6e4dd7cdc448e52634208e4aab8ad92.png
feda175eef4abaf0191a21baa6f32a47.png
56453fb88f05842b932e87ab06c6a231.png

There are players with single digit (Det), and the only reason the (L.Det) player is there is because although I didn't offer him a contract on Youth Intake day, he was signed by another Kosovan club & I then paid them £10M for him, (just to give them money). He will be leaving on a free at the end of the season. 

3d9ce4441171c7f4a371dee538d6febe.png

The players who have come through our Academy and are still in the game make for less good reading though. 

b91564471d06dd0ff27481bf9e363a2a.png5a9100d5569828012019fb6ee142c148.png64061710f964f805d2295ead4c43eda7.pngdbc4d499fb5c9b7bdcf0824af48e90c5.png64bcd61615f3a7a2792275d30941d813.png0fd10d17e8fc653ef0f985760ad8067d.png

fd95a4eca3eff5e23fb0fc71b919cd3c.png7318e0edbd985e27b68dac11113166fe.png

The last 6 players have an unknown personality because they haven't been scouted recently/ever. 

34x (Unamb) players from a total of 140(ish) known personalities is 24.3%, (only slightly lower than your 25.1%), butu obviously the personality numbers are skewed by these being only players who have left the club.

8x (Unamb) players from a total of 103 players currently at the club is only about 8%, but obviously that's been manipulated by me not wanting (Unamb) players at the club. 

In total that's 34+8=42 (Unamb) players who have come through our Academy & are still in the game from a total of 140+103=243 players gives us 17%, but obviously that's still been manipulated because players are more likely to be released and retire with poor personalities because they been unable to develop sufficiently. 

You're totally right that the vast majority of players with Low Det & Unambitious won't develop. Hence my surprise that Clive Jones is not only developing decently but actually performing well in matches. I had basically written him off, but if he continues to get at least okay he will redeem that intake.

If you've played 23 seasons that means you've generated 368 players in intakes so it seems like you have a pretty good 2/3 still visible in game. I bet if you only looked at players 25 and under you could get that percentage of players still visible up to 80. Then I'd be curious what that does to the Unambitious percentage. My hunch is it will go up, but maybe not.

Since I like playing in tiny nations I consider an intake successful if it generates 1-3 positive personality + High CA/PA players. Even with my moaning about the past two intakes if C. Jones continues to shine & now I got a GK who realistically could develop into a MLS standard GK they will actually end up being successful.

It does help I'm playing in North America so the bar we have to reach is substantially lower. Basically building an English Championship winning side is sufficient to win the NACL.

Proof your player only has to be happy with you 1 day in 5 years to renegotiate a contract! He is going to be paid a ton compared to every other player on the team, but that’s what you do for star players. 5 more years! And no release clause!!

image.png.c9a6fe3819b60f7e06f771a4f1f8463c.png

He is currently the only player on over 1k per week. For comparison there are only 3 other players on more than 600 p/w, and then 5 paid in the 500's p/w . So this 3.4k p/w will be huge compared to the rest of the squad, but he’s worth it hands down. Hopefully it doesn't lead to too aggressive salary bloat.

image.png.dcc05d66f14c715babc3698ff8424ae8.png

Here is his current view, can't ask for a better Pressing Forward playing in the Caribbean. The fact I was able to re-negotiate his contract will be crucial for us to become regular cup winners and actually make it to the NACL later stages. Will be making him my captain next season if I can keep him reasonably happy. Never good to have an upset captain...

image.thumb.png.cb753baae8f2e19ca816cebf44abe001.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

13 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

You're totally right that the vast majority of players with Low Det & Unambitious won't develop. Hence my surprise that Clive Jones is not only developing decently but actually performing well in matches. I had basically written him off, but if he continues to get at least okay he will redeem that intake.

If you've played 23 seasons that means you've generated 368 players in intakes so it seems like you have a pretty good 2/3 still visible in game. I bet if you only looked at players 25 and under you could get that percentage of players still visible up to 80. Then I'd be curious what that does to the Unambitious percentage. My hunch is it will go up, but maybe not.

Since I like playing in tiny nations I consider an intake successful if it generates 1-3 positive personality + High CA/PA players. Even with my moaning about the past two intakes if C. Jones continues to shine & now I got a GK who realistically could develop into a MLS standard GK they will actually end up being successful.

It does help I'm playing in North America so the bar we have to reach is substantially lower. Basically building an English Championship winning side is sufficient to win the NACL.

I can't remember is Clive Jones is (Unamb)+(L.Det) or just 1 of them? 

Either way, giving a player 1st Team exposure does help to negate the negative impact given by the poor hidden attributes and impact on training. He likely won't become as good as he might have been, but might still be good because of his high starting CA point. (It's the only hope that you can cling to when you get such a negative personality through on a good player).

8 hours ago, JLAB said:

MotorLublinLogo.png.e14b2d949d3ae04e88a0139f559916b7.png

Motor Lublin - Season 23 - The Last Season

So, I have finally given up the ghost of the challenge for FM 23. I honestly just lost interest in it. However, I will leave my stats for the save I have compiled in my spreadsheet.

SeasonStats.png.d0dad9865b76d8d7f95498f8b8206afa.png

It's safe to say that after 2036, the league started to become a formality, and after 2042, winning every domestic trophy became a formality as well. 

33Playerscalledupforinternationalduty.png.acfc36ac14c2be0144d3b54b47118472.pngMotorLublinleadPolandNationalTeamProduction.png.065807a4658d77c17fd61c62f410793c.png

In the last season, we produced around half of the players for the national team and managed to get up to 16 players in the national team that came through our academy at the same time at the peak of my powers.

LeagueAfter34Games.png.20fd34f737330b7cf3f3db2856285cda.pngChampionsLeagueAfter8Games.png.69c8d5fb50f215577edcb93233c6b2a5.png

In the last season, we managed to win the league by 14 points and finish 4th in the league phase of the Champions League, beating the likes of Newcastle away in the journey.

ChampionsLeagueRoundof16.png.29893bdc9eeee2669c112f1b980af5b8.png

Unfortunately, while we got given what should have been a good draw, we ended up being knocked out in the Round of 16 for the 2nd time in as many attempts to get past the Round, losing 4-3 to Eintracht Frankfurt over two legs.

DortmundandWiehlleadEuropeanTopLeaguePlayerDevelopment.png.0853c9916847baf7d8ea0e2a7d22b4ac.png

We have produced 64 players for the top European divisions, leaving us joint 4th with Shakhtar.

BoardSetInitialBudgets.png.a3a8018348576d3ca0d0b968af9c75f9.png

At the end of the season, we have been given a wage budget of £2.4M p/w, when we are only spending £300k p/w, and a transfer budget of £116M to spend on players.

SmalecsettosignforWestHam.png.d4c13d74e719afb3e41b53e20672e29f.png

That was boosted by a sale of £17.25M to West Ham. I have no idea how we've conned that out of that much money.

SzymonSmalec.thumb.png.3816daf78e89d30f98408c1648ba3a22.png

Szymon Smalec is not worth £17.25M.

Stadiumexpansionplansannounced.png.c15451597851916bf29c12c1062ae7f2.png

We also managed to get a new stadium built, and when it's done, it will end up being over 34K seats, making it one of the largest in Poland.

It's a shame I'll never see some improvements, but I lost interest over time and am now looking towards FM 24.

It's also why I've not been posting that many updates in recent months.

Really enjoyed your videos dude. Thought you did a great job, some phenomenal players.

Where are you from I had trouble placing your accent?

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.cb891613b63bf590b232d164a4c2c64e.png

"There's much positive." Earl of Grey

We did well ;) 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-11um14_37_40.thumb.png.258ba5b8ab1bb6a02d4ed3f6db5c9fc2.png

according to xG we should have finished 4th 

Pawel Marciniak 2nd with 27 goals

David Ebuka 2nd with 12 assists / 1st in chances created/ 90 open play key passes and open play expected assists

we finished 5th in goals and 4th in final third passes

Bank Balance is 1.400.000 we're working on going professional

Edited by HanziZoloman

2 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

"There's much positive." Earl of Grey

We did well ;) 

Reveal hidden contents

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-11um14_37_40.thumb.png.258ba5b8ab1bb6a02d4ed3f6db5c9fc2.png

That's great! I've become a bit attached to your run reading through all these - hopefully now you've made it out of the VNS you'll start flying through the leagues!

Or, it's another 20 years...

10/10, it's a fantastic story. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AndrikoDS:

That's great! I've become a bit attached to your run reading through all these - hopefully now you've made it out of the VNS you'll start flying through the leagues!

Or, it's another 20 years...

10/10, it's a fantastic story. 

Thanks man. You‘re the 12th man :)

The Earl now is at least a Clubs favourite personell after that promotion. This year went strong.  From the beginning we were competing for promotion spots until March. when the season drew longer and longer in spring we lost pace and games. our defenders played through, against the advice of the physiotherapists, but the Earl had the same difficulties as before and did the same mistakes, he waited too long to switch formation and was merely betting on playing it through and having more game luck. In the end the change of formation turned things around for a solid finish.

Edited by HanziZoloman

FM24 small upgrades with a link to this challenge.

We’ve enabled a dynamic English youth system, whereby a club's youth team will now move up or down youth competition levels based on the club's youth rating.

A new youth system ranking has been added to show you how you’re doing in relation to the Club Vision objective of becoming ‘the best youth system’. 

Certain milestones, like becoming the best in your country, will trigger an inbox item that will clearly indicate where your club ranks among other top academies. 

I saw that Japan and Gibraltar will be added as playable leagues. Does anyone know if there will be additional divisions added to other leagues?

Does anyone know of a good place to see what teams are in the league just below the lowest playable in each country? Is there an FM specific guide or just wikipedia?

image.png.6a3dfb4de90e957529c425bf67c3646d.png

Barbados YAC: Road View FC

2040 Season 18 – BFA Digicel Premier League

Start Post | Season 1 |Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 |Season 7 | Season 8 | Season 9 | Season 10 |Season 11 |Season 12 | Season 13 |Season 14 | Season 15 | Season 16 | Season 17 |

League Performance: Champion!

image.png.e333f338ca03c6b308306158112bdaf6.png

Cup Performance: Champion!

No flubbing this year, so we will finally get back-to-back NACL.

image.png.ceec6a44c71762112900bd5b5d94e7ce.png

North American Champions League:

Caribbean Group Stage:

We struggled to put up the goals in the NACL this year, but still managed to pull off the upset of the save winning 2-1 in Jamaica against Mount Pleasant FC. We made our very limited chances count and did well to maintain possession in a very satisfying victory.

image.png.be17cfe23eae39dce2e53437dd113691.png

Spoiler

image.png.57fc450c234accecd391793a2fa8f155.png

With this win we advanced to the Caribbean Zone Playoff and face off against Jamaican Champions Humble Lion. This match is thankfully 2-legged with the legs spaced out in the next 4 weeks, so it will extend our very long 'off/pre-season'.

CAR Playoff - 1st Leg Home

4 Minutes in Humble Lion's defense trip-up my BBM inside the box giving my playmaker Joseph a golden opportunity to give us an early lead, and he converts! Unfortunately, our lead doesn't last long as in the 18th minute a ball over the top to their striker sees them equalize. Then in the 27th they score a nasty long shot from outside the box. We generate chances in the first half but sadly neither striker can finish.

We come out after halftime guns blazing and a punt by our GK Morris finds our poacher Jones over the top and this time he converts: 2-2! We were by far the better team in the 2nd half and put up plenty of shots, but couldn't find a 3rd goal to give us the advantage heading to Jamaica. Jones conversion rate was just awful.

Spoiler
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bfd4eba38a7189a5595e875c4c0ecee1.png

Car Playoff - 2nd Leg Away

Of course they got the first goal fairly early, but Carrillo even with a knock came up big in the 32' with an equalizer. From then though, the bricking strikers continued and even with swapping out my poacher his replacement played just as badly squandering multiple chances. Then in the 67' their CM chips my goalie from like 30+ yards out. Really frustrating as we out played them, but couldn't convert the chances.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a92e0565e0232c76b74fa78b75ba9538.png

Reserve & U18s:

Winners of both again

Squad:

image.png.fae3c791ce1c1b3927fa7757dc63feaf.png

Transfers:

We've started loaning out youngsters now to help their development.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2e6a15ae0a19e9da28968f5b79fb31e2.png

Best XI:

FM Screenshots:

Excel Tables: image.thumb.png.d67936fdbb6cafbddc3e25fd3f8106cf.png

Head Coach:

With our advancing in the NACL we got our 500th game to be the NACL Caribbean Playoff Match, which is pretty special

image.png.8526b10276d9465642fe22972e6ad472.png

Spoiler

image.png.37e4e3948118f45809cb9806ca09bc2c.png

Club Improvements:

None 

Youth Academy:

HOYD:

Still giving him a chance...

Youth Intake Preview:

image.png.bcec3e3fbe743597e03f8f55161e9db7.png

Youth Intake:

Not the greatest ability, but better personalities than last year.

image.thumb.png.4eb8853e9bd60b9e4e29f410398a9b79.png

image.thumb.png.64318b07dcd37239c8a9c16e9c134666.png

Top Players:

Darico Browne - CD: Awful potential, but the current spread isn't half bad with an okay personality.

image.png.20a1d59519f47451f5d94cfac1e750df.png

Teriq Codrington - AMR: Speed and aggression, but is driven so has a chance. 

image.png.ba76b95c6bd8e6b7f98e357308582da6.png

Excel Tables:

image.thumb.png.c12221377e5447dda5d5cd6a80dae16a.pngI've added a new table with the top 5 CA players in our intake. I've tracked position, but haven't built the formula for it yet. Maybe for next season.

image.thumb.png.7c6759978637ba59899920a046a0833a.png

Barbados National Team:

Barbados had Nations League B during 2039. While it wasn't great, at least Dominica was worse so Barbados wasn't relegated. In 2040 there will be World Cup Qualifiers.

Spoiler

image.png.f4759a50d7587a7f6ed0259e3f432fee.png

image.png.55246d67811bd2bd876a28f3d28116e0.png

Edit: With my NACL matches came Barbados WCQ matches and they were so close! 1 goal is all that seperated Barbados from Jamaica, which is very impressive for the national team. 

image.png.223518ea91a3a07bc01e8f85ac83c115.png

Road View Internationals:

Barbados Main:

image.png.6576ed36cc336292dfb153479df4ce25.png

Barbadian’s Around the World:

I'll update this when I do NACL results as it will be after the USA regen date (~Dec 15)

English Academy Players:

MLS Academy Players:

Caribbean Academy Players:

Other Nations:

Caribbean International Performance:

No dark horse in the Gold Cup this time with the regular USA Mexico show down.

image.png.9dbe2ac7f8918ef7811718c995098955.png

Summary

Season went as it should and we are beginning to solidify our domination of Barbados now that we are developing professionally. Without NACL money we seem to be breaking-even every season, so if we can keep winning Cups to get NACL matches - and the money that comes with them - we can begin upgrading from basic facilities. I do intend to keep playing this save even when FM24 comes out, just am more busy this time of year so the rate of updates is slowing down. 

image.thumb.png.079cff308aba553e2350668d6712cc15.png

image.png.ae15305a2f3281dff3c7d751bb9166a8.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

"Sing when you're winning." Earl of Grey

Guess we're not here for another lifetime, League two is waiting for us. Youth intake preview wasn't satisfying, I hope the intake will be. We're in need of a good HOYD. We're struggling there since Spirited Mr White left us. 

Professional status

How much money should be in the bank to realize that? We're 1.6 Millions and still it's refused. Should I spend the money on training facilities or wait and save? 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-14um12_40_51.thumb.png.01bbd89a512f6b762beee547f96a34c9.png

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

Professional status

How much money should be in the bank to realize that? We're 1.6 Millions and still it's refused. Should I spend the money on training facilities or wait and save? 

You'll be forced to turn professional when your promotion goes into effect. In reality it'd happen straight away you might just need to wait a couple of months.

Edited by SuperRedditch

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SuperRedditch:

You'll be forced to turn professional when your promotion goes into effect. In reality it'd happen straight away you might just need to wait a couple of months.

Thanks! I hope I didn't make a mistake with spending all my money on Training Facilities now :onmehead:

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-02um11_28_50.png.c8b4803025819e68a72bcdbb8a7b20b9.png

"The cycle of dooms smiles on all of us, all a Sailor can do is smile back." Earl of Doom

Many years / Season much

There is not much to tell. We're supposed to finish 23rd but finished 4th. We were leading the league until the Rochdale game (which was match number 44) but Cycle of Doom hit us in February and we can't turn things around. Missing penalties, losing despite haven xG of 2 and higher and losing points. We were sure to win the league, we were leading with a lot of points. There's nothing you can do but smile while it's kicking your balls. The Earl is not very optimistic about winning any play off game, the players just can't play anymore ... 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-15um13_24_51.thumb.png.29e7f3074437638bbd965193679788cd.png

We lost first round with style dominating the complete game but losing 0:4 to Maidenhead, of course. The Cycle of Doom would not have been complete without that match. It's a stupid game ... sometimes ...

"Why?" Earl of Grey "The season was great but in the end we're all disappointed. Why?"

At least we're all working towards making good progress. The Earl seems a bit impatient, maybe it's due to his age, he is 68 now. He started as a young 41 years old.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-15um20_42_50.thumb.png.658a071667fcbf689dee089f30d6dc10.png

Edited by HanziZoloman

So for my Croatia save I won the second division but I felt zero connection with them (I think the fact after 2 seasons I hadn't been able to play a single match with a newgen was bugging me).

Still struggling to game time however I have a new laptop (finally on the i9 train) and with the news that FM23 saves can be continued on FM24 I am thinking now is the time to go for England (I'll most likely spin up a Japan save when FM24 hits as I always wanted to do one there).

So, here we go with Nuneaton Boro

94001831.png.e32d38764b5fa65f62573f0e01750e22.png

ManagerProfile.thumb.png.57f216525018ca21b57086f43ab5d694.pngMansgerAppointed.png.6029aa8d2932e0c5e10f6ece7c524003.png

England has been a save I've wanted to do for a long time but never committed to it, probably find I'll lose interest due to the long seasons.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Neo_Geo:

England has been a save I've wanted to do for a long time but never committed to it, probably find I'll lose interest due to the long seasons.

Welcome to the motherland of football. Enjoy your beer in the pub and focus on the save, I'd never had a better one. ;)

vor 8 Stunden schrieb aldojags:

@HanziZolomani've fallen off the forums a wee bit past few weeks as my interest in game has dwindled a bit waiting on fm24, delighted to see a couple of promotions for you, are you carrying this save into fm24? You have to, you've come this far!!

For sure I do. But I’m still in VN :D

it‘s not that easy now.

If you'd like to see this in more detail, this series is running as a YouTube series here http://www.youtube.com/c/CulturedLeftFoot

image.png.cea1b10b8eab3d7048d1497981b2c3bc.png

SEASON 36 REVIEW. BACK TO BACK EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS !

Season 36 was a great success for Guiseley, we had an amazing league run and a cracking good run in Europe!

EndofSeason4th.png.5adf2831e2beb18f22de575ec123548a.png

A 4th placed finish which saw us finish 14 points of top and in that coveted 4th place spot (which did get a Champions League place).

RecordHigh.thumb.png.ddcb3dada71b6fbb1055d84e4ca9e05c.png

BEstEverPLfinish.thumb.png.d95be35b28e7aec2586eb64b6636d992.png

And also, our youngsters hoovered up the trophies.  U21s winning Div 3 and the U18s wrapping up the league too.

U21sWin.thumb.png.09b43bf5424702a7a1768efe47dd3c98.png

U18sPLWin.thumb.png.b5b7a1da70b8f41556131755c76c434c.png

Not only that, but we won the Europa League ! Besting Juventus in the final too !

DesktopScreenshot2023_09.27-20_21_35_74.thumb.png.b0cf4d14d8dd9c4b113fa920f1d7921b.png

FootballManager2023Screenshot2023_09.27-20_19_22_96.thumb.jpg.2344a8b6ad3f0c080fc6e109fd086e6d.jpg

And that bought with it some awards for numerous people....

YoungPlayerEuropa.thumb.png.9bdb81f343b6c925d97ab6df36f81010.png

EuropaLeagueToS.thumb.png.2b9b869d32c36b762fa8007af7a7488a.png

And these successes put us into the Top 20 of reputable clubs in the world. 

Top20.thumb.png.a0d4b7aa549d3ab60f57282391369fd0.png

On we go to Season 37 and we will be attacking it with all our might. It feels like we're on to something special.

image.png.cea1b10b8eab3d7048d1497981b2c3bc.png

WISH US LUCK !

Edited by Cultured Left Foot

If you'd like to see how this unfolds in more detail. Its a YouTube series here http://www.youtube.com/c/CulturedLeftFoot

SEASON 37 - A RETURN TO EUROPE'S TOP COMPETITION

Guiseley_AFC_logo.png.af564e9ae32dab6fd99009fd8aec3d93.png

A Review of the 'So Close' season.

First up, we hit a milestone that I don't think I've ever hit before in FM...  1900 games at one club !

1900games.thumb.png.d7ba35b15424bd25bec72e943b6652f8.png

We will start with the youngsters, and a phenomenal season was had by all ...

U18sWin.thumb.png.fc12f555a7bce7e8cb404f765f895587.png

The U18s were content with winning just the league cup and went and got a double...

U18sDouble.thumb.png.564e2933295d6406802bf91206a137fe.png

And not being happy with that, they went and got another one!

U18sTreble.thumb.png.f73452e9c1e2eb4df924f77a093a56b8.png

And not to give all the glory to the U18s, the U21s fancy some silverware too...

U21sWin.thumb.png.95187ab91e787147f39dfcb7d6ae2f64.png

Now onto the senior team and why this is called the "So Close" season.

League.thumb.png.16852a4386b08cbf967778bd2904fd30.png

And third placed finish was the best we've ever achieved .. Missing out on winning the league by 3 points.

BestEverFinish.thumb.png.d9493dcfb2ec575e308255a8d7cb2053.png

LeagueTable.png.d395323da2f9a4ed673c5a259c208f78.png

This meant we won Manager of the Season in the EPL.

ManagerOtY.thumb.png.c65d1bd6d4025c5a233cfa3af2a08697.png

RecordHigh.thumb.png.e18610edb8a2357b7906e7773e60cfef.png

And from there we attacked Europe.... and boy did we get so close.

CLFinal.thumb.png.9f3675ab05039b9639210f5c34a1a054.png

We lost to Everton in extra time which was heartbreaking.  And came joint runners up in the EPL and runners up in the Champions League. Absolute hearbreak. 

But we did get some individual awards.

CLYpoTY.thumb.png.20f60f39b28e3e6ee935c4844c3ced19.png

CLPoTS.thumb.png.d3e490fe1161bc159f2483a11a9c88f5.png

CLGoldenBoot.thumb.png.a77a8c192bfb12fef59ab187824f33f2.png

Awards.png.b183ebba655dd008745aed28c3a1e68b.png

Carlos Victoriano - Guiseley

El Tuffee & Kennedy Joseph - Guiseley

Crimson Mori - Guiseley

This huge step into the deep end of the Champions League made us jump in the club rankings (to 5th!!) and with that, extra pressure was bought.

Rankings.png.b424c70c477a9ee515c9b7eddec4d8f4.png

And the final shoutout goes to Gray who made it into the Team of The Year for the Champions League.

GrayTotY.thumb.png.ea0663544c3eed6f0ae7ec52064551f1.png

A truly memorable season where we came so close to finishing this challenge. 

We go again for Season 38 or 39 (I've lost count!)

Guiseley_AFC_logo.png.af564e9ae32dab6fd99009fd8aec3d93.png

WISH US LUCK !

1 hour ago, darren1983 said:

New thread will be posted once the beta is out.

Not sure if I'll have a quick beta save with Brentford to get used to the game or dive straight in with Dulwich Hamlet. 

Get it going mate - Button has been pressed!  Beta here within a couple of hours.

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Padders!!!  Who do you have your eye on this year for a 519 season marathon?

No idea to be honest

Will do the holiday and have a look

Last two FMs haven't got out off the VNN/S

Must be over 400 seasons in the two games :ackter:

Edited by Padders
typo

3 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Soooooooo the beta for FM24 is either today or within a few days.  @darren1983any chance you can start a new thread?  :)

If the Netherlands is unavailable again, I am going to start with Macclesfield.

I want Belgium if the financial bug is fixed or smaller country like iceland :)