The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Added to this challenge is CSKA 1948, every transfer window they try and unsettle my players so I want to smash them one  :D thanks to them, we do have a few unsettled players 

Can I count this? :lock:

cunts.png.1b01b8b64b2dcb49a5503d3138759dc7.png

MIPW92l.png

2032/33 Season Review:

BoP98hL.png

W7Mqiqu.png

A heavy Schedule and the fairly young team really struggled through it. Barely managed to qualify for the champion group split. We finished safely in the group stage of the Europa League, but not in the top 8. Made it to the round of 16 but were outclassed. 

cuyW4yI.png

With a pretty mediocre run going into the split, I'm happy with how the last ten matches went. Facing the top competition in the league we managed to finish fourth and improve our GD. 

90Fnwj2.png

Not pictured here is losing our best player, and keeper, on a free. Money is no object to this club so I'd rather keep them as long as possible and lose on a free than get money I can't spend. 

engeFrl.png

Edhy81V.png

Still making steady progress in league and another State Cup win. Hopefully, I am given the option to improve Youth Facilities soon.

Youth Intake:

J6RI0mO.png

40wBOwW.png

6RMr9gQ.png

Strong intake with some help on the offensive that is needed. Overall just looking for future difference makers to help push up the table.

2033/34 Season Preview:

YWS7Eq7.png

4y8qw5b.png

9LC4Uqt.png

Not pictured is the expectations to make the Conference League. Unfortunately, we got a fairly tough Eredivisie matchup and lost on penalties so did not qualify. All I can do there is hope with less match congestion we can make a stronger push in league.

We stayed up but the end of the season wasn't great. Won 7 games from 15 in the first half of the season, some proper smash and grab jobs then we managed 2 wins in the second half of the season. We then get put into a mid table group to get beaten a few more times, wasn't the relegation group this time round though :thup:

3334table.thumb.png.244e2b07860314439ab8b5e66c422711.png

The top 3 just smash us every time we play them 

3334preview.thumb.png.6e3e013cf5217eaaff7bdabbb1642ada.png

Not a great preview again, we're going to change the HOYD when his contracts runs out in the summer but we really need to get some cash to bring the youth facilities back up to scratch

I missed the youth drop again 

3334intake1.thumb.png.28b8905f97ad63ebd860a2a723260470.png3334intake2.thumb.png.7aeaf3c38478381fee237fcb6e3dfec8.png3334intake3.thumb.png.db45bbebfa38cdc362fcba3594dc7e8c.png

The DM will be handy but not a single midfielder. We've got a great striker developing in the U-19s, he's only 16 though so I don't want to chuck him in yet but we really need a solid midfielder or two 

3334transfers.thumb.png.7b96e955078b70d520cd0330320f7963.png

CSKA 1948 again!! The board went above me to accept the offer because we're deep in the red, I didn't mind though, he was one I couldn't give game time to

Ooohhh!! The board just dropped this on me!! 

devil.png.0191328da3953f125686a2434f64d203.png

Alemannia_Aachen_logo_svg.thumb.png.37b552864d4886de1edc38528a069dc4.png

Aachen - Germany

Liga 3 - 2024/25 (season 2)

Season Summary

One of the things I like most about this challenge is it forces you to think as you can't just rely on a plug and play tactics where you source the right players for your tactic. Here you've got to do the opposite - find the right tactic for your players. It's also annoying though as you can spend hours searching for the right tactic and still not find one that sits right. And that was my season!

I used different variations of three tactics trying to get the team to gel, even though we were never really bad. Part of our problem is a lot of our players are able to play in a variety of positions so we have a lot options. I started with a 4231 but still without a natural AMC and with the wingers not firing at all I switched to a narrow 433, and with tweaking it started to look pretty good. The problem was we just kept drawing games! So although we beat eventual champions Dresden and went on a few unbeaten runs we could never challenge the top three, which was a little frustrating.

25leaguetable.JPG.9aed7fa3399e2f0296f414618b2c29f0.JPG

Youth

Very, very happy with this seasons preview and intake! a golden generation and that spread of A grades is always welcome!

25youthpreview.thumb.JPG.d75f6a51b56b283ad486c23a2a09148f.JPG

The intake was interesting. 4 elite talents, all look really good, none of them play in positions for our current first team tactic!  so our U19 team is having a separate tactic built that I can switch to when these guys get old enough. I'm confident all 4 should make the first team, they look that good.

25youthintake.thumb.JPG.57a6e82cc51be5109a2a0b3e8cb9b892.JPG

Billis is almost good enough already!

25billis.thumb.JPG.0ef48bc7970571f7b340c9c838c6f92b.JPG

and I do like the look of this fella. I do like a good professional personality!

25linguar.thumb.JPG.0c6ace46145498c0e7becb3393a7ea26.JPG

Finances and Upgrades

Not good. Reduced the wage bill by a good 30% or so but we're still losing a million a season. We need a good cup run really, as it pays nice money. We went out to Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin this season at home.

To make things worse I got this message at the seasons end...

25facilitiesdown.JPG.9b359f5c72be68f525b20bc652266b7f.JPG

I hate those messages! although the chairperson sporting a handlebar moustache of such quality made it a little easier to bear

Career

Still looking good despite a lower league finish. Just need some cash to start rolling in!

25career.thumb.JPG.0b446410ae556b025210a846b611a54a.JPG

If we can get a good run going there's no reason why we can't challenge for promotion again, but i don't think we'll be among the favourites. not yet, anyway.

Wow this is absolutely amazing! Thumbs up for all of you this is the true challenge. 
I have some questions though:

It‘s still possible to join? 
does the league matter? I believe only non playable leagues are allowed, how do I get them?

Are some of the countries already finished? I‘d only read 20 pages though.

thanks much!

3 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Wow this is absolutely amazing! Thumbs up for all of you this is the true challenge. 
I have some questions though:

It‘s still possible to join? 
does the league matter? I believe only non playable leagues are allowed, how do I get them?

Are some of the countries already finished? I‘d only read 20 pages though.

thanks much!

Welcome :applause:

You can always join this challenge :)

You do not need to play in non playable leagues. The basic rule is that you start in the lowest division of that specific country. You'll holiday for one season, until 'reset date', and pick a club that's promoted to the lowest division. So England for example: you'll pick a club that has been promoted to the Vanarama National League North or South.

Just read the very first page and you'll read everything you need to know about this fantastic challenge. All the rules, a list with (un)completed countries, etcetera. If you then still got some questions, just ask :)

Thank you @Winski 

I plan a save on Norway, hope it doesn’t matter it’s already green (finished).

I only added Norway, hope it doesn’t matter that I didn’t chose any other league (?) or does it mean it’s harder because no selling of my prospects?

Edited by HanziZoloman

4 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Thank you @Winski 

I plan a save on Norway, hope it doesn’t matter it’s already green (finished).

I only added Norway, hope it doesn’t matter that I didn’t chose any other league (?) or does it mean it’s harder because no selling of my prospects?

Norway is a bit special since the 4th tier is only available as view only in the vanilla game. So there you need to take over a club promoted into the 3rd tier after a holiday season.

Hey folks - I remember having a go of this challenge in 2022, but I'm always keen to pick a team that already has good youth facilities and a good set of fans IRL (who doesn't love the roleplay side of the game)?

Are there any clubs that jump out at you that are eligible for this challenge and tick those above? It seems like Germany is probably the best nation to attempt this challenge in (the fan culture being nuts, finances generally good, and decent facilities/youth rating) but I'd be really keen to give it a go in France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands too

vor 26 Minuten schrieb HanziZoloman:

BFC Dynamo now that is cult! Good choice. Did you get sacked at your previous stages?

Is it common not to have any staff at the beginning? I am completely new to the challenge, please have patience with me asking holes.

@DazRTaylor thank you! 

Edited by HanziZoloman

1 minuto atrás, HanziZoloman disse:

BFC Dynamo now that is cult! Good choice. Did you get sacked at your previous stages?

It’s common not to have any staff at the beginning? I am completely nee to the challenge, please have patience with me asking holes.

@DazRTaylor thank you! 

In a few, others I just lost the connection with the save.

It is, maybe have 1 or 2 but thats it.

4 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

It’s common not to have any staff at the beginning? I am completely nee to the challenge, please have patience with me asking holes.

Yeah, very normal because the club is coming up from an unplayable league, they won't all have staff. It's nice to start off with a bit of clean slate 

Ask away, the challenge is very daunting, especially when you're new to it. A lot of the guys here have vast experience with it  

8 months in Wales and feeling like we're going nowhere so thinking of jumping on into Ukraine.  I'm a bit late to the party in Ukraine, but am I right in thinking the game plays normally in Ukraine in FM22?  Is there anything I need to be aware of? Cheers.

It is the end of an era.

One of the best things about this challenge is the attachment you get to players you wouldn't even consider in other game types.

Two of my longest serving players, who have over 1,000 appearances between them and close to 500 goals, are departing.  They were both with me since those dark days in the Vanarama National North though they both got found out in the Championship.

my450ol.png

aFgfpay.png

fWZyhXn.png

CvTHm1D.png

38 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Key Players

Craig Reid YP32B99 - Our best player once again, the Scottish international central defender was magnificent.

Corey Davies YP32F103 - The Welsh international central defender has formed quite a defensive partnership with Craig Reid YP32B99.

Kabba Barrow YP32E102 - Our goalkeeper, a full international for The Gambia, once again won us points on his own.

Igor Van Hoecke YP35E150 - The Belgian central midfielder was again instrumental in a lot of what we did right this year.

Robert Reynolds YP32G104 - The Republic of Ireland international enjoyed a fruitful season playing on the right wing.

You will note that four of my best players all came through in the same intake, 2032.

Looking back, none of these four were considered the best prospect.

Here was the intake:

S3OPzbl.png

As well as the four players who are among my best, George Anderson was sold for £1.4m, Wilfred Ibrahim was sold for £220,000 & Kostas Papthanasiou, who was considered the best player, was sold for £1m.

What an intake this has proved to be.

Pretty great season overall, the team's kicking on. We finished 5th in the normal phase

3425table.thumb.png.4581649a51a9e175080e344706ab978a.png

Which is pretty mental really, I'm putting it down to three things:

1) key players getting better 

2) a tactical tweak

3) having an actual striker for the second half of the season, he scored 14 in the last 18 games :thup:

4) not having one of those runs for 6 weeks where everyone slams you one 

Bad news was we were put into the Championship phase, which just means you get to get hammered by the big teams again. We did manage to actually score against them and we picked up a win over Ludogorets

3425Champ.thumb.png.4b8a6643ae69e1e0accf6c54e9d994a0.png

We did the double over CSKA 1948 and got the manager sacked :D

Spoiler

cs48.png.c975fc193f1b1827803890766c7a5fb3.pngcs482.png.d35e8bf733b28789304c0b8932fddb02.png

The intake picked up again this year too

intakepreview3435.thumb.png.4e5eb3f6c3b49179e4df3362ea453407.png

A promising striker coming just as we give the debut to one we've been developing for two years. We really need a CM or two, retaining a fullback at the minute, we've got a bit of depth in other areas

intake3435.thumb.png.a28be04c6be87ee09e3dd4d29a88735d.png

We sold Rusanov to Juve for £2 million for some much needed funds, help clear the debt and get the training facilities back up to scratch, could do with selling one or two more. Rusanov was a great talent and I've loads of wingers so didn't mind losing him, he deserved the move 

3425transfers.thumb.png.4efb8fa023c78af3485eee1fd804f378.png

No news on the new stadium, I might get an update when I progress a few days