The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Operário dos Açores – Season 3 (2025/26)

Liga 3 The 3rd division in Portugal is rather strange: you play the other 9 teams in your division twice over the course of 7 months, then almost all of those points are wiped off and you enter a winner- or loser- takes all promotion or relegation playoff. We started off ok but a long losing streak meant we finished 8th/10, and went into the relegation playoff against 2 other teams. Luckily one of these teams was really bad and our form picked up, so we won most of our playoff games and stayed up.

spacer.png spacer.png

I think my results were very morale-driven this season, basically when one of my CBs started complaining about moving to a bigger club, we lost 5 in a row, then for some reason in the play-off his unhappiness disappeared and we started playing well again.

Players: Most of our original starters are edging towards mid-30s, so we were really short on bodies this year, but thanks to the play-off we managed to scrape by. That being said, one of the youngsters from "intake 0", Diogo Martins, has improved very well, and still has his professional personality - although his ups and downs in morale seemed to have a bit too much of an effect on our results this season :o

spacer.png

Youth intake: Finally, a good one! Most importantly, I got some centre mids - an area where I’m desperately short, with Coventry-born Portuguese Dannie Simcox 03c the best of the lot (he basically went straight into the first team).

spacer.png spacer.png

Facilities: Training facilities got downgraded, and somehow we’re now in a higher-capacity stadium and paying rent (also, the stadium was built in 2025; not sure if I missed a message or it's some kind of bug).

No transfers, and our finances are getting into a bit of a downward spiral since we turned pro.

Season    |  League               | Pos. |     Europe     |   Best player                     |  Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  5   |     n/a         |  Paulo Bessa (ST)	              | 
2024/25   | Campeonato Gr. D      |  2   |     n/a         |  Pedro Tavares (DC)              | Promoted through playoffs
2025/26   | Liga 3 South          |  8   |     n/a         |  Pedro Tavares (DC)              | 1st in relegation playoff

Facilities
----------
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   |  Average      |  Above average    | Average        |  Basic          |  800
2024/25   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Average        |  Basic          |  800
2025/26   |  Average      |  Excellent	      | Below average  |  Basic          |  1500

Spoiler

Season 2 Preview 

Senegal - Youth Rating in Fm22 - 80 

Senegal Top Flight - ranked 30th in Africa , below a lot of our West African rivals, Togo (have risen due to  ASKO doing well in the Conf cup), Mali, Ivory Coast, Ghana and Nigeria. 

Yeggo Foot - 5th highest youth facilities in the top 2 flights from what I can see - there are 4 teams in the academies league with same or higher, which should help us

What a Season - almost ended in heartache and a 90th minute winner from our hero secured promotion against the league leaders on the final day of the season in dramatic fashion. Our young team was doing so well all season and form deserted us in the final month, to the point that it looked like we might miss out. It is a remarkable turnaround. last season we scraped survival and our first intake looked pretty good, as highlighted we have one of the best academies in Senegal and it paid dividends.

Finishing Position 2nd

League Cup - Semi Final - the run included a 7-0 demolition of a top flight team (they were playing kids)

FA Cup - Quarter Final 

2.thumb.PNG.566128e84c3651255ec8d1fd8ecc82a4.PNG

Our star man right back has shown great progress and with a resolute personality will hopefully be a team leader in the future

3.PNG.110c28702c025fdfaf004f58939ff86f.PNG

This years intake looks promising with a fair few good personalities. We have recently taken on a much better coach who ha better JA JP

End of Season Form and dramatic last day 

7.PNG.0a2193f988b9d0b0779116ffdb06884c.PNG

I am honestly quite torn, as much as going up is great, I also think another season with our second intake in the second tier would not have been a bad thing, but we should just about have enough to survive. 

6.PNG.3d2bf52d5bb3bd851ab80e317df9a03c.PNG

4.PNG

Edited by AlwaysNalah
delete pic

I'm so frustrated with this game. Turns out SI completely forgot to add seating capacity to our stadium (What in real life they have).
Deep in the red, the board decided to jump into a 5 million loan to increase seating capacity, result? Wage budget cut and I can't even offer youth contracts to my players. :seagull:
Back to the drawing board

Edited by The7Striker

image.png.a6569ef02d9f59afeb332ab20c037cb8.png

The Table

Spoiler

image.png.4b3bf144be1960afbce3fca3ed9a2dbf.png

image.png.9b0badaf74fc6de86fd5f4d35352b1aa.png

The Team

Spoiler

We switched back to the tried and trusted 4-3-3 and had a decent season with Stefan Schulz enjoying himself.

Lohse rotated with Ortiz, who also got 15 goals.

image.png.7356120a51dec3cf65b78bfbffa166f8.png

image.png.cc2a6026c98c6e5ac470b61cb2a843c5.png

The Talent

Spoiler

image.png.51413680ca3bcd108ca2bdab46b2ac68.png

image.png.620ab640711831d6afaa892a43c016f1.png

image.png.c29429fbfb9305d2990994a946acb4fa.png

image.png.1a43e5f927429c97b0146893646165d6.png

image.png.a3c737c4ddfbcf1317a1c6d122391363.png

image.png.1c6b63ebfcfdd5b07b4c7c9c74498076.png

image.png.7fcf8e712058eb57c99f942eab0c5206.png

image.png.a7a2ecc574f3401a3057b72e2702282d.png

image.png.ac9285ca273c8c40f47b214861cd0521.png

The intake

Spoiler

A frustrating lack of talent

image.png.3f8eca540327e50a141f13553e79c454.png

The Stats

Spoiler

Nothing to write home about, but I finished roughly where I should have.

image.png.a9a5c02cd244d454261649500e83c85a.png

The Bank

Spoiler

image.png.9712d68dff325a3c180900c80ae94fda.png

The Fans

Spoiler

image.png.8bdcf3ef561e3827fba89fe032610247.png

Overall a fairly decent season. We lost another player sold from under our feet by the board, and we lack quality in midfield. But a good placed finish with no panic around relegation. We also lost to Aston Villa (2-1 on agg) in the Round of 16 in the UEFA Conference League - Villa went on to win it.

Failed to qualify for Europe next season, so will have to focus on the league. I'm sure our league place suffered as we had to manage fitness.

image.thumb.png.70408c03a2470a5bff0abc264969ab3d.png

Well my second season went awful, the 4 retirements plus me not convincing my striker to stay left me without a striker and only 1 central defender. Tried using a mix of youth and the grey players but after losing the first 20 league games so we had 0 points I was fired. Going to holiday another save for Turkey and try again.

Club Introduction

Karaman Futbol Kulübü

image.jpeg.0323e99365cbc97ecfa99360b7978b56.jpeg

The Manager

image.thumb.jpeg.4b71a2fc9394b42cee37288989e3c92f.jpeg

The Club

image.thumb.jpeg.575ca91ede261f5cc05d6d536e25920e.jpeg

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.5*)      None                1     1     1     1     1     1     3     3     3     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Poor              Adequate              Fairly basic     Limited            Regional   (1.5*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Turkish Cup          Turkish Super Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

4 minutes ago, Habituz said:

Club Introduction

Karaman Futbol Kulübü

image.jpeg.0323e99365cbc97ecfa99360b7978b56.jpeg

The Manager

image.thumb.jpeg.4b71a2fc9394b42cee37288989e3c92f.jpeg

The Club

image.thumb.jpeg.575ca91ede261f5cc05d6d536e25920e.jpeg

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.5*)      None                1     1     1     1     1     1     3     3     3     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Poor              Adequate              Fairly basic     Limited            Regional   (1.5*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Turkish Cup          Turkish Super Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully goes better this time :) I have no idea what attempt I am on with my current save, I've tried half the countries in Europe by now and my current save is the only one I've got close to winning the challenge with. Even then I'm still only mid table.

I always find the transition from old players to the youth the hardest part, probably 90% of my saves end there (ie season 3ish), the ones that don't just don't make it there like :-) But I enjoy the challenge even if not great at it

5 minutes ago, Habituz said:

I always find the transition from old players to the youth the hardest part, probably 90% of my saves end there (ie season 3ish), the ones that don't just don't make it there like :-) But I enjoy the challenge even if not great at it

I can see it on the horizon and the issue for me will be the Youth intake lottery. It's fine if there's one or two that can gradually be brought in, but at present I won't have anyone to replace.

Louletano Desportos Clube - End of season review 2028/29

Louletanologo.png.28c2aab3e6bb9b9f2cf6f77a2c0dea8a.png

Transfers

11table.thumb.PNG.6527236a2decab51cf05690f96fa7e92.PNG

11fixtures.PNG.052b3b8f9190f6ac4b64577548328732.PNG

11progression.thumb.PNG.4e6b7799ea58c5717b024614ee20685c.PNG

A frustrating season. Again. After two relegations I was determined to get back up to the 3 liga and for most of the season we played like it.

Then FM did its thing.

We went 9 games without a win to close out the season, losing the playoff spot and even dropping to 6th.

The Cup

11Cup.PNG.0a55053d414ba28c22a62f5261530edd.PNG

A great match that we lost on pens.

Off the field

The finances appear to be in a much better shape. However we ride a season where the board injected more than a million into the club. 

Somehow our junior coaching is rated exceptional suddenly. I haven't seen any messages about it, so not sure how that happened. The board surely did not aprove it. they've rejected every request once again this year. (though I shouldn't complain to much since they invested a million into the club)

This save is getting more frustrating each season. players don't improve. the squad gets worse every year and there isn't any money to be found anywhere in the bottom 3 tiers. I know, I've checked. 

Still, I'm determined to see it through. As long as the team wants me I'll struggle on.

11endofseason.thumb.PNG.744cda5814764193b87ccbb4f3de63d4.PNG

image.png.1729589e4306c940ac2fcafec0981a26.png

The Table

Spoiler

Pretty much in the chasing pack behind the top two. 

image.png.d1fbf7f870443d430a8a9afc2286aea9.png

I lost out on 5th from a 93rd minute conceded goal against LASK :( Not sure how the rankings work because I had the better GD. I assume head to head..

image.png.382549cf342d5a67ee8e3a02e1a8c53f.png

The Team

Spoiler

Pretty much the same as last season, a bit frustrating that there's no decent youths coming through

image.png.7bda1c18cd89fe3fe3d1f56f76bfe207.png

image.png.69fc059e1a1b3870336ed9468f893a13.png

The intake

Spoiler

How is this happening.. fully upgraded, good HOYD..

image.png.7e9e099c44bb678622054ccd3713fb96.png

The Stats

Spoiler

image.png.92e1589cc5aa6bcc56b5878a8995c3e0.png

The Bank

Spoiler

image.png.d2c8dfacb69476cdfce6180d6e5bfde1.png

The Fans

Spoiler

image.png.c9714e34027f3265f52cc6792a20ae37.png

So, steady progress, and into Europe again (maybe I'll go for the Europa cup and qualify for the CL that way!), but a lack of good youths coming through. May have a similar looking team for a few years.

image.thumb.png.a027c5a1f6792e6b4a66d32a203482cb.png

Hey do I have to simulate a season before starting or can I pick a team straight away (using a custom db found a team in Bulgaria named Chelsea and wanted to use them)

Edited by Vakama2619

1 hour ago, Vakama2619 said:

Hey do I have to simulate a season before starting or can I pick a team straight away (using a custom db found a team in Bulgaria named Chelsea and wanted to use them)

You have to simulate a season to get a previously non playable team promoted to the lowest playable division.

10 hours ago, XaW said:

SC Lusitânia dos Açores - Club profile | Transfermarkt

XaW - Lusitânia Açores - Season 2028/29 (Season 6) - Liga NOS

o7K0lWF.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

After the strong season we had, I hoped we could follow it up, but we had a much tougher job this time around. We lost our best midfielder on a free since he refused to talk contract. And it showed as we were carved open far more than last season. With a goalkeeper suited for playing a few levels below it's extra painful. At least the intake was really good this time, so I hope to slowly improve the squad now.

I got some more improvements made to the club this season.

0GpyFeJ.png

nwFzUA0.png

oTrLqqh.png

p4FlULo.png

Supertaça: We lost to Benfica as they were clearly better than us.
Taça de Portugal: We beat Sousense before we lost to Benfica again.
Allianz Cup: We beat Leixões before we lost to Famalicão in the 2nd round.

B team

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s

0W4FmBI.png

XYSDNJJ.png

They finished 6th in the Portuguese U19 First Division and went into the Relegation stage. There they finished 1st.

Youth intake:

p7RHQkE.png

XWJ8dJU.png

PRKxPhm.png

Q8qnTZR.png

mCTzgvj.png

vdo1BZM.png

Trophy cabinet

Liga Portugal 2 SABSEG - 1 (2026/27)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Apps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro André 24c		Portugal	<N/A>		169
Rui Ribeiro 24d		Portugal	<N/A>		140
Daniel 25b		Brazil		Portugal	122
Anibal Aurélio 24a	Portugal	<N/A>		79
Sérgio Martins 27a	Portugal	<N/A>		70

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Goals
Pedro André 24c		Portugal	<N/A>		86
Adílson 25a		Portugal	Brazil		13
Anibal Aurélio 24a	Portugal	<N/A>		9
Daniel 25b		Brazil		Portugal	4
Rui Ribeiro 24d		Portugal	<N/A>		2

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Assists
Pedro André 24c		Portugal	<N/A>		25
Anibal Aurélio 24a	Portugal	<N/A>		10
Rui Ribeiro 24d		Portugal	<N/A>		10
Hugo Rebelo 24b		Portugal	<N/A>		7
Sérgio Martins 27a	Portugal	<N/A>		6

Supporters:

lInpl8C.png

Summary:

Zt8ye8a.png

Love your updates but could I be really cheeky and ask if you could put the profile of your best prospect from that years intake?  You have a 3.5* CA this year and he could be immense.

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Love your updates but could I be really cheeky and ask if you could put the profile of your best prospect from that years intake?  You have a 3.5* CA this year and he could be immense.

Sure thing! Here he is.

PhPPRj5.png

It does say how poor my team is, really. He is an average player for the club and while he is clearly talented, he is not that good yet.... No wonder we are struggling at the bottom really! :D 

1.Belfast.png.aa3ad179831d5e196ae5eb400d03b9d5.png

A Decade In!

I've not posted much about the club facilities, finances etc in my updates so I'm going to post a few bits now, 10 seasons into the save.

My Profile;

Spoiler

I managed to get the Continental Pro licence about 2 seasons ago, the board were always thinking selfishly when I was applying to do the courses, which really slowed down the progress.

I'm absolutely shocked to see that my "Working With Youngsters" ability is only at 1!

Profile.thumb.png.341fffbd59f94b367b48a1fcec05607e.png

Finances and Facilities;

Spoiler

We've never had an issue with going into the red, slowly increasing our bank balance over the years. I've now just qualified for the Europa Conference League play offs so I'm hoping this will bolster the coffers significantly. As you can see, not much in terms of outlay.

finances.png.c39577ff5de993990502fc5c559764d8.png

Because of the finances we've never been given the opportunity to improve the training facilities and only once have I been able to improve the Youth Facilities, I'm thinking this has played a big part in our slow progress on field. However, I have been lucky enough to improve both the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment significantly, hence our good intakes over the years. I just need to be able to help realise the potential of some of the top prospects!

Facilities.png.932d90ed566b963f574414bce4ee7a59.png

Fan and Board Support/Vision;

Spoiler

The Board hasn't been too pushy with forcing certain playstyles on me over the years, I'm usually able to negotiate the bad ones out. 

board.thumb.png.f850bb00a337d98df3f8981f9215a4c9.png

We still don't have much of a following. We've got a 4,200 capacity stadium and usually only fill that 25%, unless the three Professional teams come to town. I have no idea why the supporters want direct football when we're having success with our own playstyle, but it's not been a huge issue as yet, I guess winning negates this!

support.thumb.png.58153099b82f8ebc29671b6af2a3d95b.png

Notable Players;

Spoiler

As you can see the playing squad is mostly made up of 2 star players with a few very good players thrown in. Having to keep hold of players like Newberry 26A for squad depth hasn't helped with fleshing out the squad. We really struggle if we have an injury/suspension or 2. Also the tiredness really hampers us from Christmas onwards.

squad.png.1288afdc1fbf9638764e6875de0f2ba0.png

Johnathan Johnston 31A

Came through our youth system as a 5 star player and has been our number one since. Has been wanting a move to a team with a stronger squad but he's got a lovely 5 years remaining on his contract so I'm willing to hold firm for now.

GK.thumb.png.5c5d47f99c75f62c7e9308adc9998421.png

Robbie-Lee Clingan 29A

Another youngster who came through as a 5 star player. Has been incredible for us from day one. 145 league games so far with 134 goals, off the back of a 48 goal season (in all comps). However, like our keeper, he's been pushing for a move to a bigger team but also like our keeper he has a nice long contract!

ST.thumb.png.0d8de2019638b0ab70b72ce7dfbeff55.png

Daniel Young 27B

Our captain and ever reliable midfielder. Whilst not ever getting the plaudits for his performances, he's been a mainstay in the team. With his ability to play multiple roles in midfield and doing a job at left wing.

CM.thumb.png.ff20898e95c70f22580f8bfab23b8b56.png

Brendan Moore 32A

Only 16 years old, he's replaced our leading appearance maker (Ciaran Gardiner 25C) at right back. Whilst not put in outstanding performances as yet, he has developed incredibly well in such a short space of time. I've got high hopes for this youngster.

RB.thumb.png.aa860d8b4e85fe014073b7ef5fd936ba.png

Daryl Polden 32D

Youngster who came through as a 1.5 star player but he's blossomed into our best centre half by far already! Absolutely integral to our performances of late.

CB.thumb.png.6051cc074edf936eebfe77dd1f7d4aeb.png

Head Of Youth Development

This guy has been our HoYD since the first season and has never really let me down with intakes so I don't have any real reason to upgrade!

hoyd.png.be2a42713b3f9b6cc4ade5bff9601273.png

I really wish SI would improve the transfer AI, I have major gripes with it:

• Big clubs attempting to sign new youth players when AI club is bidding unsettles the youth player, however when I have had saves as the bigger club the youth player doesn't want to talk as they just signed a new deal
  • When a club from a higher division attempts to low ball you with < £10k and you say £250k plus 50% of future sale if the bidder doesn't want to pay that either a) offer less than I ask for but not £1k more given I am asking for over £240k more or b) stop bidding
    Again when the shoe is on the other foot and you put a bid in for a player with £10k value that club will say £1m and the player is fine with it but if I do that they kick up a stink and the whole squad gets mad. The bidding club withdraw their bid because I've asked for too much then they seem to suffer a bout of amnesia and offer nearly exactly the same amount again.

It's been this way for multiple versions of the game now and its infuriating at the inconsistencies between AI and Human managed clubs when buying/selling. In this day and age it shouldn't be difficult to code something whereby if I ask for £250k maybe the bidding club up their bid from < £10k to say £100k, I probably still wouldn't accept it but its about meeting closer to 50/50 in negotiation rather than 1/99

(As you can probably tell in my 3rd Season at East Kilbride I am getting bombarded every transfer window with Hearts, Ross County, Dundee Utd etc. all wanting to buy my 3 best players for pittance).

Edited by Neo_Geo

@The7Striker looks like an interesting one…..most people go Paris FC to challenge PSG and you’ve gone a step further.

I saw it said year founded 2018 and had a look at Wikipedia and see they’ve had a huge number of name changes :lol:

• Racing Club de France: (1896–1932, 1966–1981, 2005–2007)
  • Racing Club de Paris: (1932–1966, 1981–1987, 1999–2005)
  • Matra Racing: (1987–1989)
  • Racing Paris 1: (1989–1991)
  • Racing 92: (1991–1995)
  • Racing Club de France 92: (1995–1999)
  • Racing Club de France football 92: (2007–2009)
  • Racing Club de France Levallois 92: (2009–2012)
  • Racing Club de France Colombes 92: (2012–2018)
  • Racing Club de France Football: (2018–present)

They also hold the record for most goals scored in a league 1 season with 118 back in 1959/60……maybe a bit unrealistic to target that record but you can always try

2 minutos atrás, Neo_Geo disse:

@The7Striker looks like an interesting one…..most people go Paris FC to challenge PSG and you’ve gone a step further.

I saw it said year founded 2018 and had a look at Wikipedia and see they’ve had a huge number of name changes :lol:

• Racing Club de France: (1896–1932, 1966–1981, 2005–2007)
  • Racing Club de Paris: (1932–1966, 1981–1987, 1999–2005)
  • Matra Racing: (1987–1989)
  • Racing Paris 1: (1989–1991)
  • Racing 92: (1991–1995)
  • Racing Club de France 92: (1995–1999)
  • Racing Club de France football 92: (2007–2009)
  • Racing Club de France Levallois 92: (2009–2012)
  • Racing Club de France Colombes 92: (2012–2018)
  • Racing Club de France Football: (2018–present)

They also hold the record for most goals scored in a league 1 season with 118 back in 1959/60……maybe a bit unrealistic to target that record but you can always try

They did :lol:

Looks like a fun challenge to try out. Yeah, its going to be almost impossible but who knows :D

Ifeanyi Ubah FC: 2030/31 Season Review

Silverware! An excellent season as we managed to clinch both domestic trophies thanks to a defence that didn't want to stand still when facing balls over the top. Our continental campaign ended in the semi-finals once again as we lost to Club Africain of Tunisia.

The African Champions League awaits us which will be interesting to experience based on a step up in teams.

lge31.thumb.jpg.c547580c079d8108ec70db0445a82b13.jpg  chmp31.thumb.jpg.e766bb087ccd44b0d851067fb51d69de.jpg

Player stats were really pleasing as all our key players contributed. Both record goals and assists for the season were broken as we went deep in every competition.

stats31.thumb.jpg.39abfdc343a7b8bcfd23562933b35b65.jpg

Youth intake was a decent one as we took on a few prospects that actually had decent personalities.

yth31.thumb.jpg.7de3c4cb81f554dc617ad85c86902b72.jpg

Transfers

xfers31.thumb.jpg.fc95b070b1cdb3d67b1526f95e5462fc.jpg

Season history

hist31.thumb.jpg.2115b0a2b6f91240a8ab202b7a9facc1.jpg

Aims for next season

• Continue to perform well domestically
  • Look to give a good showing in the African Champions League
  • Avoid losing any key players

18 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

eskilstuna-city-fk-logo-71DE67460D-seeklogo_com.png.1737190548edeaf562510ecef4c77055.png

Sweden - Division 2 (tier 4)

2025 (season 3)

Season Summary

Well, I had given up on any hope of promotion after 7 games. we'd only won 2, drawn 4 and lost 1, and you can't afford to give that much away in such a small division. we then won a couple, lost again, and then went on a 15 game unbeaten run and slowly started reeling in the teams ahead of us. By the time we finally lost again it was the final game of the season and we'd already been crowned Champions. lovely stuff!

25leaguetable.JPG.58eff786098f3e0347aa7df46576775b.JPG 25champions.JPG.35a03bd58f14bcc94d9e761111089863.JPG

Youth

Tier 4 of Swedish football is really not that high in terms of quality, and is largely amateur. So it's no surprise that I keep getting these great looking previews  and intake. In truth, it just shows how bad tier 4 is.

25youthpreview.thumb.JPG.b0e91a128b623dda907e3304017aa008.JPG

25youthintake.thumb.JPG.dd08b5f6f3b840c234599526705f82a6.JPG

I know it sounds like I'm whinging but to be honest I was a bit disappointed. All that potential does me no good, I need first team ready players! My training facilities are shocking so there's little chance of improvement there really, and the board keep refusing my constant requests to improve them too. Bah.

Finances and Upgrades

Although they're more than happy to keep giving me youth recruitment improvements!

25youthrecruit.thumb.JPG.a739e037bd0f9f90bd15991efbf1119b.JPG

Career

25career.thumb.JPG.fe40f3b767ff31a45c8c37654b68b4ed.JPG

Be interesting to see how much better in quality the third tier of Swedish football is. this side is really not that good!

I know the feeling, potential looks great but two issues are that you don’t have them ready now as you say and secondly the 5 star potential can be WAY off. Even if you get one player at 3 star current ability it’s a better position for here and now.

Best thing I can suggest is going with your instincts on the most promising either based on attributes for their position or their personality. Once you put faith in a few youths you’ll soon know if it’s misplaced or not.

in my current save I have a D/WB R/C who has had 5 star potential from day one (he wasn’t a regen) and he’s never got over 2 star current, doesn’t train that we’ll shows no signs of progress whilst others who came in with 1/1.5 current ability have improved and are now at 3.5 current ability in one centre backs case.

Good luck in the tier above, you might be pleasantly surprised.

16 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Best thing I can suggest is going with your instincts on the most promising either based on attributes for their position or their personality. Once you put faith in a few youths you’ll soon know if it’s misplaced or not.

the other issue is you have so many of them! I have about 30 4 star youth prospects now, and there's probably wild disparity amongst those. It is just trial and error as you say, and I'm always paranoid there's a real future star hiding in there that I missed!

45 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

the other issue is you have so many of them! I have about 30 4 star youth prospects now, and there's probably wild disparity amongst those. It is just trial and error as you say, and I'm always paranoid there's a real future star hiding in there that I missed!

For sure, the fear of not developing someone with true potential and never knowing is always in the back of my mind. Even when choosing not to sign Good talents in the intake you always have that niggling thought “what if the reports are wrong?” :lol:

Miracle at Stadion Miejski in Kolobrzeg!
After geting rekt by Dinamo away 0-3 and quick 2 goals in first 10 minutes I was packing my bags.
However something changed and we got totaly miracle 80 minutes leading us to Semi of ECL!
I knew that first league points against Legia after x seasons was good omen :lol:
image.png.2a82c28629566b61134e2d5dddabfbce.png

On 15/03/2023 at 06:18, Neo_Geo said:

I really wish SI would improve the transfer AI, I have major gripes with it:

• Big clubs attempting to sign new youth players when AI club is bidding unsettles the youth player, however when I have had saves as the bigger club the youth player doesn't want to talk as they just signed a new deal
  • When a club from a higher division attempts to low ball you with < £10k and you say £250k plus 50% of future sale if the bidder doesn't want to pay that either a) offer less than I ask for but not £1k more given I am asking for over £240k more or b) stop bidding
    Again when the shoe is on the other foot and you put a bid in for a player with £10k value that club will say £1m and the player is fine with it but if I do that they kick up a stink and the whole squad gets mad. The bidding club withdraw their bid because I've asked for too much then they seem to suffer a bout of amnesia and offer nearly exactly the same amount again.

It's been this way for multiple versions of the game now and its infuriating at the inconsistencies between AI and Human managed clubs when buying/selling. In this day and age it shouldn't be difficult to code something whereby if I ask for £250k maybe the bidding club up their bid from < £10k to say £100k, I probably still wouldn't accept it but its about meeting closer to 50/50 in negotiation rather than 1/99

(As you can probably tell in my 3rd Season at East Kilbride I am getting bombarded every transfer window with Hearts, Ross County, Dundee Utd etc. all wanting to buy my 3 best players for pittance).

If you think that's bad you'd hate the mls. The constant amount of ludicrous trade offers for your players is totally unrealistic. When I was starting with st louis they start with lower reputation than all mls clubs so when the champion Philadelphia spammed weekly transfer offers for my star striker designated player he revolted. And in the mls they just give you draft picks and international slots, not even real money for the club!

18 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

If you think that's bad you'd hate the mls. The constant amount of ludicrous trade offers for your players is totally unrealistic. When I was starting with st louis they start with lower reputation than all mls clubs so when the champion Philadelphia spammed weekly transfer offers for my star striker designated player he revolted. And in the mls they just give you draft picks and international slots, not even real money for the club!

Yup that sounds torturous, never done an MLS save and I doubt I will now :lol:

6 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Yup that sounds torturous, never done an MLS save and I doubt I will now :lol:

It's different that's for sure. The salary cap and complex registration rules is a strange beast. I'm enjoying it because of the restrictions I've put on my save. Even with only allowing myself to sign Caribbean players I'm still finding plenty of players.

I would NEVER play MLS youth only though, the academy system is a complete mess of amateur players who you have to sign ontk full reserve contracts (1.4k pw) or lose. Even worse you can't even properly evaluate the players nor manage the youth team or reserve team as they are both an affiliate club link. 

If you'd like to follow along in more detail, this is a series on my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/c/culturedleftfoot

Guiseley_AFC_logo.png.9fdd7f0c396aa11d0f4080081ae4443c.png

SEASON 18 REVIEW...

kit.png.2c6c437f3a439a184e2afaa62bbcaeb6.pngkit.png.ac9ba78b911b6f65eac9f5d4232f1242.png

Once again we avoided relegation from the Championship and held on for safety. Which is massive because we really need the money.

Safety.png.402b61b044fdd13e7d7426fc29624601.png

We also claimed our highest ever finish as a a club. 

HighFinish.png.2454a25c1219a273ad714c462f35d05b.png

BestFinish.png.ca3226711a0293d22ca499537edc4f2f.png

The board also agreed to build a new stadium after finding a suitable site in Guiseley!

Stadium.png.af7dc96f44aefc8fddd439ce679e1bad.png

One of our youth players got poached by Man City!

Poached.png.16acd2db426558a6fd22e727e76352e4.png

And the Youth Intake was pretty good, with a large number of Elite rated players!

IntakeElites.thumb.png.5ede11ea67ec3b0c81f1005a03724e78.png

All in all, a cracking season where we out did ourselves again by staying in the Championship. The money is really helping us out and hoping we can get more investment in the facilities soon. Although paying the debt of for the stadium is probably the boards number one priority. 

On we go to Season 19!

Guiseley_AFC_logo.png.9fdd7f0c396aa11d0f4080081ae4443c.png

WISH US LUCK !

14 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

It's different that's for sure. The salary cap and complex registration rules is a strange beast. I'm enjoying it because of the restrictions I've put on my save. Even with only allowing myself to sign Caribbean players I'm still finding plenty of players.

I would NEVER play MLS youth only though, the academy system is a complete mess of amateur players who you have to sign ontk full reserve contracts (1.4k pw) or lose. Even worse you can't even properly evaluate the players nor manage the youth team or reserve team as they are both an affiliate club link. 

Which is not really representative of how it is in the MLS as well. At least as a Union fan they invested heavily in youth setup and have developed some real good players from the local area (Brendan Aaronson being the biggest name I can think of). I did a few seasons of MLS in FM22 and hated it. I still hope one day they restructure. 

25 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Which is not really representative of how it is in the MLS as well. At least as a Union fan they invested heavily in youth setup and have developed some real good players from the local area (Brendan Aaronson being the biggest name I can think of). I did a few seasons of MLS in FM22 and hated it. I still hope one day they restructure. 

From my understanding Union are the best at the youth pipeline in the US. Chicago hasn't done too bad especially with Duran & Slonina's big money moves to the Premier League though Duran was a scouting find for them. I don't follow the other teams closely enough to really know in depth how things have changed recently.

As their USL-L1 affiliate we have gotten Chicago's youth players in the past, but none it seems this year. Instead, I will be getting to see one of Salt Lake City's Talents Julio Benitez this year in Madison. What he's done career-wise is actually mimicking what I'm doing with my players in game. Generate at 16. Sign on a Reserve/Development contract with the MLS parent club and send directly to my Championship affiliate to see how they do or keep them in my NextPro team. Then rinse and repeat to see if they mature. Maybe SI aren't as off as I want to believe they are...

The thing they absolutely have to fix is how bugged viewing your youth players is. It is unacceptable that I have to scout my own academy to know get CA & PA ratings from my coaches considering my HOYD is running the stupid thing

image.thumb.png.bdaf577fd70f77bd98a8fcd2c4b838cb.png

Still the way we play Youth-Only just doesn't fit with a forced high contract + draft system in MLS. For example: the most recently class I signed just 1 midfielder, becuase I'll be picking up 

Edited by WhiteCat33

15 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

From my understanding Union are the best at the youth pipeline in the US. Chicago hasn't done too bad especially with Duran & Slonina's big money moves to the Premier League though Duran was a scouting find for them. I don't follow the other teams closely enough to really know in depth how things have changed recently.

As their USL-L1 affiliate we have gotten Chicago's youth players in the past, but none it seems this year. Instead, I will be getting to see one of Salt Lake City's Talents Julio Benitez this year in Madison. What he's done career-wise is actually mimicking what I'm doing with my players in game. Generate at 16. Sign on a Reserve/Development contract with the MLS parent club and send directly to my Championship affiliate to see how they do or keep them in my NextPro team. Then rinse and repeat to see if they mature. Maybe SI aren't as off as I want to believe they are...

The thing they absolutely have to fix is how bugged viewing your youth players is. It is unacceptable that I have to scout my own academy to know get CA & PA ratings from my coaches considering my HOYD is running the stupid thing

image.thumb.png.bdaf577fd70f77bd98a8fcd2c4b838cb.png

Still the way we play Youth-Only just doesn't fit with a forced high contract + draft system in MLS. For example: the most recently class I signed just 1 midfielder, becuase I'll be picking up 

They definitely need to fix the issue of needing to scout your own players. The few seasons I did I focused on trading all my players for top picks and making use of the superdraft (which is how I play other US sports games anyway lol)