The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

Season 14 - Atletico CP - Liga NOS - 6th

Well, a much better season than last. We finished 6th in the league, following a great run of form in the second half of the season. We also won the Europa Conference League, and had a nice draw along the way - the hardest team we played as Hamburg in the final. We looked like we might compete for the top 4 places and CL qualification but our Oct - Dec form was awful. I still feel we're a few seasons away from challenging for the league, but the squad feels better and is young enough that it has more progression. We also got more upgrades to Youth and Training, meaning we're maxed out in Youth Recruitment and Academy Coaching, and Great Youth Facilities. All looking good, we just need to push on next season and break the top 4. 

kqDdSkS31mqY8Yvg5uqHeRvaUPc6JLudzv2ZkbsGpAoR2dyRtheeXZl2_rdLA7Qw0dih8llfv9xFS6P-3-9h3fPQOi0x41Ve7Wh7kHCjhrM5v2-jMvafslJNvyt82Y6v2QgsbFd7T3Lpu2oxsfClDgQ

AOs-BxWD1VNC_sz_jy5Kpi5Drp5oO2d5yy7MzL7SJYKiICg28uLSGG8gKJyGCpDOrrg4Z82o79oU7ZmjUg2G4DHiQ0Wu3AEWp0is02Va1xAXl95Zw-AslfiKZ41gmUaImWitF1TsomxvZRsCARLJrVQ

hQCDWQbp8wtKTe_F4BtfxlhhZhhGjmvqcGb0ZU8SmtcqlASBgOK9hf8aQqDDdxgaa3LU2ZBANdZbHTfagg4DyVkhAONKoPTtDGprmoXCac1BDiKgC2YWAYmI__MzbQnEOwiAzoqL_lYVSDWQlITpMvY

NABP6oH-D0nW91mpIceEh0ztdeVDzZeKorK9tSF2oh2-_Zb1s0HT8rVDSkPOMXm8uWnhBXL2AFJCi-OaWszSxwi3NOflz2_b_Dls3udaXSYn4mbI3J8REZgydhenq-Raat0JbZSvFnv7Y_nygQQv0Hw

A much better youth intake than last season, with 3 good talents. We now have 3 really good stiker prospects, as opposed to none two season back. Conversely after being overloading with talent in midfield two seasons ago, we're a bit short, after the board sold our second best centre mid. I still don't feel we're getting any super talents, winning champions league talents, but hoefully with the facilities upgrades and European football, they aren't too far off. 

mMObv_t0VTSKBARJYDeLSZAXymk9hvGfkaT3rEWBn7a_SChm-4DeqZWhG2dJbvjhUXOcYO_P_thQSEE1V5_sS8-Hdcmev20QZwPN1XXwef9Gb6P9IPR9b33vT2oPslBshoO8EmfZOm_AXzYqTbmYiUo

q3-q2AziZ6wiai2UTAxrLmVkMLVNo-4Hd9XE3I7WjU3NSX-bbQYfOeCvL_D0iUd0ZcA0B7krpqbQfvtK7gd-5IQ9ET6fOS306gBDdt0oISblaNlxDOsBIiv1hclxSqiXZFzCn_sQY6t-uQjH2dT43hI

SLHVYkg9ijU4lm_g69qAlXNpj0VvloXkF97aHA3IqhmIVj4dbVy-KFuwHY8KrZThY-MEO5_h02n0IwSeewYNsiHNZeVpoNdTy8bDlsXEg2XHPwHTPi9uT_wfSWlJ5KZBiDLpgO71WyxhShE7mPTzV30

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/02/2023 at 09:41, Daddy said:

MIPW92l.png

2031-32 Season Review:

kHQ1H3z.png

Late in the season, we lost our keeper. The backup is a significant dropoff and we went from challenging for the league to a comfy 3rd place. Disappointing to end up in Europa League Instead of the Champions League, but we go right into League Phase at least.

QICtqHY.png

k0pU5du.png

We had a really tough draw but managed to do well enough to claim the final playoff spot in the league phase. The score in the Real Madrid game is misleading as it was 1-0 until the 80th minute. two late goals to put it out of reach. Other than Milan we hung in with all the teams in the league phase. Porto in the playoff was a tough draw as well. The first match was a back-and-forth draw, but in the second leg we got thumped by the eventual winners of the Champions League. Overall I'd call it a successful run as we weren't completely run out of the competition.

jF88Dl1.png

We had the most wins in the league we've had, but more losses which cost us valuable points since we couldn't turn them into draws. Still more progress season over season.

AJ7p5Xv.png

Two repeat wonderkids. The first-place guy is our star goalie. Sadly he's in the final year of his contract and won't sign a new contract. 

mLh83Cb.png

Q8HSl4p.png

As you can see from the finances there's no real reason to see the wonderkid so I'll just run the contract down and hopefully get one more good season out of him. Youth Facilities was downgraded and I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet. Stadium was expanded to 10K which finished halfway through the season.

Youth Intake:

9pjsVPp.png

YABkmWM.png

Another varied intake. I signed all the players with three gold star potential. 

2032-33 Season preview:

gvFLhRX.png

q3FvB6T.png

leKAirx.png

2Xqu44J.png

There have been repeating champions but the league is frequently won by different teams so no one team has dominated the league. As it's been for the last few seasons and will be going forward, I want to make a push to win the league and hopefully start to develop into that team that dominates. Newcastle and Freiburg are tough draws, but the rest are teams at or below levels we've beaten before so I expect to make the playoffs/knockouts in the Europa League. 

I'm in lurk mode for the time being. Wanted a little break from the challenge with my backup journeyman save getting interesting and a bunch of new games I'm playing. No updates for a while, but I'm following along with everyone else's journeys!

Lokeren Tense 35-36 Season.

So could we follow up last seasons Euro success and 3rd place finish?  Well no, no we couldn't.  The game refactored how good it thought we were and we had a tough time for the first half of the campaign.

Europe Champions League

We began the season in the CL Qualfiiers and Rangers quickly showed us we were out of our depth.  That said it was 1-1 in the 2nd leg after and hour and a red card ended up but we were outplayed in both games.

image.png.d231670258ab7f4d0b15db1c0adeef54.png

Europe Europa League:

Losing to Rangers should have put us in a Europa Playoff but for some reason we started in the group stage, I have no idea why, bug maybe?  Either way 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss in the groups was super impressive and though we narrowy missed out on auto qualification for the Last 16, I was quite happy.  Atalanta were in no mood to underestimate us though and only losing 10-5 really flattered us. It could have been 15.

image.png.a13aa0db6666846323b61a1e181acb2f.png

Europa Table

Spoiler

image.png.f6ffd8d750692695e8b5bc5b4b1a4808.png

Belgian League:

In the league we didn't do as well as last season but did make the Champions group and a fine 4th place.  5 wins 1 draw and 4 losses in the Champions Group is not as amazing as last season but still super given our ability in relation to our rivals.

image.png.9386d9659b8df7a1d83075c4766d060a.png

image.png.9f7ecf7c725f4fd2e6514cc577047b57.png

We really are abject failures when it comes to the Belgian Cup.

image.png.2651d2d8b7bbe01d92eb5eef41121e48.png

The Squad:

image.png.866b1885852ff5cb00f542a93b3494d0.png

Spoiler

image.png.da108780fc22bf33bf77f5835e484223.png

image.png.e7485a82b565d478c15832260e1b001a.png

The Stats:

Spoiler

image.png.274fce54391eb30ef3266c3e78b22c6b.pngimage.png.95fb49a91470d3c28b11320d6d87246d.pngimage.png.66b139440c9fe9547ab4edfcc6754ff4.pngimage.png.8e2fd691af7387b5bc8e7c28f2abb36d.png

3.5 Star + Players:

Spoiler

stars6.PNG.c3de342f126d212a27fad54e9e675f0f.PNGstars5.PNG.cc901de4525a1f4ca5716cab2eb55637.PNGstars4.PNG.6d1ebf04d6c963dfd5584c7dd24573d0.PNGstars3.PNG.41186fee622f7f9af887bb0f3e58570a.PNGstars2.PNG.9c2d0f63583ac9e271a37e7bbb5b4613.PNGstars1.PNG.2a3ea285b5b7d8c248404cad4b02fdf5.PNGstars7.PNG.25de9791600fb2f2460800bc2e2ee927.PNG

Youth:

image.png.ee35077d640f70deede51859d0943627.pngimage.png.fd003517ab994cad49e2b3974db9eb5b.png

Spoiler

image.png.c9c3bbeb28653e2dd8d05b9a362d682b.png

Youth Picks:

Spoiler

ythpotb2.PNG.baf43ef22b4c0b359c1779cf7675e329.PNGythpotb1.PNG.4e28320c6288c18969c1d3060f552507.PNG

Off the Pitch.

Not alot to report bar a coaching upgrade.

image.png.c7d4a06c602299b2c09ff143a9933372.png

Edited by P O\'D

@XaW haha well great minds think alike and all that :D I think you got a bit of head start there, I got some catching up to do! ;) Seriously, well done on the promotion though - I think it might take me a while unless I can work some tactical miracles next year. I also noticed the homegrown rule towards the end of the year as it meant I couldn't play the players from my new intake (somehow I was on the HG limit before the intake without noticing it)

Just now, dkouv said:

@XaW haha well great minds think alike and all that :D I think you got a bit of head start there, I got some catching up to do! ;) Seriously, well done on the promotion though - I think it might take me a while unless I can work some tactical miracles next year. I also noticed the homegrown rule towards the end of the year as it meant I couldn't play the players from my new intake (somehow I was on the HG limit before the intake without noticing it)

To be fair, some of my players are amazing, look at this:

hfwv7K1.png

ZGFPi6h.png

WQ1kVO0.png

I mean, we are predicted to finish mid-table in the 3rd tier now... I just want to use my youth players this season! :D 

2 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Think I'm going to shimmy back on to the youth only wagon, but where?

I'd assume the 20th tier of the Vatican league given your history! :D 

37 minutos atrás, Makoto Nakamura disse:

Think I'm going to shimmy back on to the youth only wagon, but where?

35 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

I'd assume the 20th tier of the Vatican league given your history! :D 

That or a Brazil low down with a DB :lol:

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

Macclesfield

Macclesfield FC - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Season Summary

We were decent in the league and flirted with the promotion playoffs though we were very poor in both cup competitions.

Season Details

League Table - We finished in tenth place which I am delighted with.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - A dreadful February put paid to any lingering hopes I had of a promotion playoff spot.

F. A. Cup - We crashed out at the third qualifying round stage away to league rivals Peterborough Sports, who needed extra time and a replay to beat us.

F. A. Trophy - I played a weakened side in the second round as we went out at home to Darlington, who play in the same division as us.

Friendlies - It was a very mixed bag of results with more losses than wins.

Squad - Our squad over achieved this season though we do have a good core of players.

Squad Dynamics - It is rather good, isn't it?

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - It wasn't a great intake though players such as right sided midfielder Collen Nyabinde YP26C3 have some potential.

Finances - We have a very healthy bank balance as we made a profit this season.

Key Players

Rio Dasilva - The right back was our most consistent performer.

James Berry - Our best outfield player showed why with his performances on the left wing.

Sam Warburton - Competent at either full back position, he was predominently used at left back and didn;t let anyone down.

Anthony Miley - The vastly experienced centre back held our defence together.

Joe O'Shaughnessy - Our goalkeeper won us many points on his own.  Refuses to sign a new deal so can leave at any point.

Next Season

A repeat of a safe mid table finish would be great.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2025             30 June 2026         £650 p/w          £500 p/w
2025/26          31 March 2026             30 June 2027         £700 p/w ↑        £550 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2025/26    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B ↑↑        6 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  11 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average          4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2025/26    Below Average =      Below Average =        4 =     Basic =               Good         ↑↑↑ Above Average ↑↑↑  Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26      51        20       15       16          89              66                 +23              39.22%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26          51        20       15       16          89              66                 +23              39.22%             311 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North       10th       Third Qualifying Round          N/a           Safe in mid table.  F. A. Trophy second round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26    No one                                    0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2025/26    No one                                        0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2025/26    No one                                      0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2025/26    No one                                     0

Trying again, ended up having PC problems and only just got things fixed. Going to try Turkey again.

Club Introduction

52 Orduspor Futbol Kulübü

image.png.0927b9ca012e2b6b84026cbbafe476a3.png

The Manager

image.thumb.jpeg.dbff1b32c3575968c036e8acb73e1037.jpeg

The Club

image.thumb.jpeg.2a00707c35ec38a665605aeaa06b5352.jpeg

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.5*)      None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     2     6     1     1     1     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic             Adequate              Basic            Limited            Regional   (1.0*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Turkish Cup          Turkish Super Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

19 hours ago, XaW said:

To be fair, some of my players are amazing, look at this:

:cool: nice! Maybe I picked the wrong Azores club ;) I mean I'm up for a challenge but I don't have padders' levels of patience... Some of my players are decent too (though not this good), but the lack of depth was really killing me in the second half of the season. Guess the make-it-or-break-it moment will come in a few seasons' time when my current decent players retire and I'm left with the youths, hope they are good enough by then.

Good luck in the third tier!

image.png.835de5c207f2e183b6ab13e419166615.png

Season 2 update

To my suprise we sit in third place! considering we were predicted to finish bottom with a 300-1 odds, weve actually spent more time in 1st place than other position, hoping to finish in the playoffs at the end of the season.

leg.png

pos.png

sea prev.png

After a bit of a break recently I'm back in the fold with a new save (Ballymacash was going ok in Northern Ireland but it just wasn't grabbing me, think the whole 2 league tier feels a bit same-y after a while).

Given the update is now out it looks like the bug for Scottish teams might be fixed I'm going to try it again (this was my first attempt at the challenge before posting on here and it was a disaster so I have unfinished business here).

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png.02b08b253179825051a639dac50e8ec0.png

East Kilbride Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. They are members of the Lowland Football League, in the fifth tier of the Scottish football league system.

Formed in 2010 with the intention of bringing senior football to one of Scotland's largest towns,[2] the club initially competed in amateur football before becoming one of the founder members of the Lowland League in 2013. The club became a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in 2014, entitling them to automatic entry to the Scottish Cup. In May 2023 the club beat Stranraer on penalties after a 2-2 aggregate draw in the cinch League 2 Relegation Playoff.

East Kilbride Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. They are members of the Lowland Football League, in the fifth tier of the Scottish football league system.

Formed in 2010 with the intention of bringing senior football to one of Scotland's largest towns, the club initially competed in amateur football before becoming one of the founder members of the Lowland League in 2013. The club became a full member of the Scottish Football Association (SFA) in 2014, entitling them to automatic entry to the Scottish Cup. In May 2023 the club beat Stranraer on penalties after a 2-2 aggregate draw in the cinch League 2 Relegation Playoff.

The club were originally founded in 1871 making them one of the earliest formed clubs in Scotland but folded during the 19th century before being resurrected in 2010.

Sounds like the perfect fit for Neo Geo and the Youth Academy Challenge!

K Park Training Academy - Stadion in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire

EKLocation.thumb.png.efa05600d11e558fe38d1814e8d38557.png

Appointed.png.ea967f96cd66e4e87ca3edf87385ff0f.png

ManagerProfile.thumb.png.74eafdf674a5005e129a03e6d019b320.png

StartingSquad.png.31cc20b7ca387444dfe2c0603f354ac8.png

The squad looks pretty decent in terms of numbers and depth and the personalities at the club are a good starting point.

Facilities are as follows (using my star model):

• Adequate Training Facilities (2 star)
  • Adequate Youth Facilities (2 star)
  • Adequate Junior Coaching (3 star)
  • Fairly Basic Youth Recruitment (2 star)

I've still not got a load of free time at the moment but I wanted to commit to this save to get it going.

Up the Kilby!

EDIT: Just ran through the first steps and found you can’t appoint u18s staff still or do job advert for them so the bug still looks like it’s there. I’m still going to give it a go anyway, I’ll just need to loan a lot more of my youth players out.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Crewe United - Season Seven 29/30

Premiership

Pre-Season

At the end of last season we had an issue with a board takeover scuppering us selling our striker for £11m, well it didn't really matter as before the friendly games started Everton came in with deal worth up to £14.5M, £10.5m guaranteed with half up front and half in 2 yearly instalments, then £4m after 20 leagues games plus 40% of any profit if sold on which was a good deal and my board accepted it, although not as good as we would have got in the previous deal which was all up front money and 50% sell on.

Shortly after my keeper announced that he wouldn't be signing a new contract as he wanted to play for a bigger club so because he only had 12 months left I offered him out. in previous years Linfield had been trying to sign him for up to £450k but I decided to offer him out starting at £12M because he is an England U20 world cup winner but didn't expect an offer that high, however Luton offered £10.5M with half up front and half over 2 years plus 40% profit which my board accepted.

So before we started pre-season I had sold my best two players for £21M guaranteed, not an ideal start but the money is equivalent to at least 15/20 years of early round European money and will be massive for the long term future of the club.

I promoted by second best keeper who was only 1.5 star ability but we did get a decent striker though last seasons intake who while not as good as the one we sold should be good enough to step up to first choice.

I decided that due to the poor rated keeper that we needed to either play attacking and hope to score more than we concede or try a high possession game to keep the ball away from teams to limit their chances. We didn't qualify for Europe last season so I set up several pre-season friendly games and played an ultra possession tactic I created and it seemed to work, we dominated the games winning them all, we didn't score many but defensively were very good.

Before selling our best players the season preview predicted us to finish 6th with odds of 100/1, that went down to 10th and 200/1 and then down again to 450/1 still predicted 10th as we sold each player.

Season Summary

I started the season off with the tactics used in the friendly games but soon found that against better teams we weren't creating enough as we drew, lost and won our opening 3 games, I wasn't really happy with the performances even in the win so I decided to change to a more attacking 4-2-3-1 high tempo possession style to see if attack would be the best form of defence to keep the ball away from our rubbish keeper and it seemed to work as we won the next 2 games but we gave away a lot of chances so I changed formation to a 4-3-3DM keeping the same instructions and we looked better that way and won 7 league games in a row.

Our form continued with mostly wins into mid December, we had lost and drew some games but we were in the top 3 keeping pace with the league leaders and the striker we promoted was scoring goals, he wasn't getting the average ratings as good as the one we sold but he was consistently scoring goals as good as or even better than the other one.

At the point the winter update dropped and we had a mini blip in our form dropping points in our next 3 games, there seemed to be some big chances in the match engine but I noticed a lot more goals coming from players running from deep and through balls and also my striker seemed to be isolated more so I went back to the 4-2-3-1 formation to get an attacking midfielder closer to my striker and someone capable of making the runs into box that seem to be getting goals. After that small change we continued the season in relatively good form but we weren't as good after the New Year and dropped off the pace, a couple of seasons prior we went from 1st at the New Year to 4th 10 points behind top, this time we were 2nd on goal difference at the New Year and dropped down to 3rd, 12 points behind top.

Finishing 3rd is our best season yet and we qualified for the European playoffs which unlike last season we went on to win so we are back in Europe next year. Last season we had a cup final defeat 3 days before the first playoff game and our players were tired but we didn't have that problem this season so with a rested team we won both playoff games comfortably.

In the cups we didn't do too bad but it was the first season in 3 where we didn't win any of them. In the Mid Ulster cup which we won the last two seasons we got knocked out in the quarter finals with a poor home defeat to Dungannon, in the Bet McLean cup we got to the semi finals where we were outclassed by Linfield and then in the Northern Irish cup we were robbed in the semi finals, I say robbed because we dominated and drew 2-2 with the game going to pens, at this point I'm not sure if it was a bug but having selected my pen takers the shootout started with the player I selected to go 4th, we then missed our 2nd pen by the person picked to go 5th and lost 5-3, for whatever reason my best players I picked in the top 3 didn't take any pens, could be a bug or maybe I messed up the selection but either way we got knocked out.

Overall a good season, our best league finish and back in Europe, a cup win would have been nice but I'm happy with how it went. Also surprisingly we didn't miss our star players that we sold, our back up keeper wasn't great but the defence in front of him was and tactically we dominated most games so the keeper didn't have a lot to do which was good because more times than not when teams had shots on target he didn't save many while the striker that stepped up ended the season with an average rating much lower than the one we sold and didn't win as many man of the matches, however he scored 30 goals in 33 games with 26 in 29 league games which is more than the other striker managed to get in any of his seasons with the club so stats wise and performance wise he may not be as good but he might be a better goal scorer or maybe I've created a better tactic this year helping my striker score more as that has been an issue in past seasons.

Here's the tactic we ended up playing for most of the season first as a 4-3-3DM and then as a 4-2-3-1, there's no individual instructions:

Spoiler

image.png.0833ce6ca221a1fe527c9887ef7c6f3f.png

The league table:

Spoiler

image.png.bd498c4ab59d231e8f819f0e69f0eb64.png

image.png.5938730523a099ec9f434c81e1a18e0d.png

Our youth preview was good, another one without any defensive midfielders though, its not as bad now we have changed our formation:

Spoiler

image.png.e171a446dc427b51f21b231180fc3b4e.png

Our actual intake is probably the best we've had at the club, we had one stand out player and a few promising players

Spoiler

image.png.c5f9849071bb452ff71867db246f6a54.png

The best player who although right wing is a position we have problems with, he looks amazing and will probably be another one that gets sold to a big club sooner rather than later as I doubt we will keep him for long:

image.png.8d8859bf779a342e0eea37cc814f3db1.png

We got a decent right back which means I can finally get rid of the one that started at the club who was our current back up and this one can be the new back up:

image.png.bd5a547c1645ceba17610a62860c92f9.png

We got a new first choice keeper, he isn't anywhere near as good as the one we sold but he is better than the one we have had to play this season:

image.png.8e18cb55f66d30d1f42693020f6632be.png

I like this wingers speed so I'm hoping he can improve his other stats and he could be a good squad player next season:

image.png.452948a42e031283465d94e175d189b2.png

With getting money from selling players I have asked whenever I could to upgrade facilities and each time they have agreed. We have had the youth recruitment upgraded to the max it can be so we now have the best Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment, our youth facilities and training facilities have been upgraded a couple of times and are currently in the process of their next upgrades, we have spent nearly £4M since getting the money on upgrades, it wont be long before we can produce and develop the best players Northern Ireland can produce. 

The board also agreed for us to go professional which started at the end of May just before we played our European playoff games, with being able to train full time and with better training facilities I'm excited to see how much my players can improve.

Club Profile Facilities:

Spoiler

image.png.445f4952efaef36b4eae023198cfc7df.png

image.png.1d180110c06ecc60a28bff43af675e3a.png

Our full line up is now all youth product players, we have a couple of OG players in the reserves out of contract, they have good personalities so I don't mind them staying if they don't cause problems but they no longer play. The screen shot shows 4-3-3 but the DM actually plays AM:

Spoiler

image.png.fa6125467cf638c5e2600fd0a05c80db.png

The striker we sold to Everton appeared in the NxGN top 50 wonderkids at number 37 so while he isn't our player hes the first produced by the club to make the list:

Spoiler

image.png.ca72d307d412e979f6f9fa5a3bcdcf84.png

Supporters Profile:

Spoiler

image.png.db547eb682d37c82b69ae456d982adec.png

My manager:

Spoiler

image.png.8e21edf723d07154d2c611498c21e2d3.png

Competitions:

Spoiler

image.png.e0445f31179a02db8bd213bf2be33326.png

At the end of season awards my centre back from the first intake who is also club captain got into the team of the year along with my deep laying playmaker, my centre back also won both the young player awards and came 3rd in the overall best player award. My striker also came 3rd in the young player of the year:

Spoiler

image.png.cebf4688d27f0ae4a8032a987e4c0310.png

image.png.6e524b75cff63ac62deb22f5dfeae48e.png

image.png.4299678b8c9672055903f7032b953b46.png

Transfers, no one in but several leaving and big money coming in:

Spoiler

image.png.f820729215ae0a14dddd8ccc868bcb8c.png

image.png.72890d8f60d09082294ff178f10fa892.png

image.png.5a1bc4016ec68943c1dc0ab859619439.png

Some spreadsheet data:

Spoiler

Club Info:

image.png.f20dbac3dabfbc48e7dc07b326f4f836.png

Season info:

image.png.d8e1539f564e9c048df954994174cac8.png

Manager info:

image.png.7124baa440dcd5eb54ec8fa6983e350b.png

Next season I'll again be happy with top half and qualify for Europe, however we should be able to start pushing those at the top for the title now we are professional as full time training will help players improve and it might also allow us to keep pace with the top as the last couple of times we have been at the top we have dropped away in the second half of the season as we couldn't compete with the full time clubs. Ideally the aim should be 2nd place or win the NI cup to avoid the European playoffs, with some luck and not selling more of our better players we might cut the gap to top next season.

image.png.c85cef4457cb8614d4be4ca22955b186.png

SV Austria Salzburg 2042/43

So - this is what happens when you sell one too many players without backup waiting in the wings!

The Table

We were rock bottom going into the relegation group for the last ten games:

image.png.fd3982c4be07230fe417ac78e0cd4c5d.png

And that's where we stayed! Although it did go down to the last day we only managed a draw against Hartberg and so will ply our trade in Bundesliga 2. next season.

image.png.7bc61e0582cf82da91a8f9288f61c959.png

The Team

Spoiler

Pretty weak across the defence but good up front - unfortunately I may lose the strikers over the season break

image.png.ac8ff7622fa8f072ed74d4eae2386405.png

The Talent

Spoiler

With our youth set up we had another 5 star intake.

Current first team players of note:

image.png.b20e7c08a7cfdaa5103ff999484ddce1.png

Degeling is off to Inter as a relegation clause was activated, sold for just under, plus 50% sell on..

image.png.96c8afb99ee5f92376334914c716ddac.png

image.png.77e21ef941ea569c58a6786dc5e6c1f7.png

image.png.3d653c134cf87f3328e784b81e4c68bf.png

New intake:

image.png.f911c12de470337b7159420eca75509a.png

image.png.f1695840eebb98d02daedf14508dbe8f.png

image.png.08dc9169a61a195e330752d297b81980.png

image.png.2ca081d3a2a482b24fd6873968b82c16.png

image.png.041c0ffa8ae79bcbca63b05ef6b46b1b.png

image.png.e609e5495a237a6bb6f02ea66e117f6c.png

Being a division lower hopefully gives me a chance to introduce a few more :)

The Stats

Spoiler

Pretty bad in defence :) 

image.png.f5b3fb77564bb60f4509f01a7a7ee8e2.png

Deserved to finish last!

image.png.f985c9d9d85625f71f41ef3b5c7c314d.png

The Bank

Spoiler

Healthy bank balance despite the investment in facilities, soon to be boosted further with the sale of Degeling. There are also a bunch of monthly installments that keep topping it up.

image.png.bb87001dc32b62d0ae45132f7b24a508.png

The Fans

Spoiler

image.png.3724d6eb07b4387e1502918a55824369.png

After relegation, board only want mid-table consolidation, which is nice :) Will obviously be trying to get back up on the first attempt.

image.png.ce6e01dab442e407ee77858cfdc99422.png

Facilities had a boost and for the 2nd division in the Austrian Bundesliga I doubt they'll go higher :D

image.png.4c2bcb3b0ef04aed497ef61936244e4f.png

Not a great way to continue this challenge after a bit of a break but never mind.

image.png

Edit: A few more upgrades on the way for next season :)

image.png.19259bec178cc2e380923f1d879f12f8.png

image.png.c94673d064a4e0fb3f01df050fdc6e39.png

Now I just need better coaches!

Edited by russ the womble

3 horas atrás, libbyshuss disse:

so after a couple of false starts I'm back in for good! This time somewhere I've never been before but with 4 tiers really appeals:- Sweden!

The fourth tier has 6 regional divisions so there was lots of choice of promoted sides. I plumped for Eskiltuna, partly because the name, partly because the badge looked cool

eskilstunanewboss.thumb.JPG.f27444e124fa7236a5c2e92334454a1e.JPG

They're the second club in Eskiltuna and groundshare with their main rivals. it's a nice ground too, and was one of the venues for the 1958 world cup!

tunavallen.jpg.b0669696176e9b4aa41090aeaf15ee37.jpg

The look pretty well equipped to stay up, although the squad is a threadbare 14 players. Makes picking a side easy i guess

Eskilstunasesonpreview.JPG.df56fba43f11d4d85565b017c938a1db.JPG

facilities are pretty meagre but finances aren't that bad, so with any luck I should be able to get a couple of early upgrades in

eskilstunafacilities.thumb.JPG.ccea2517fcd4dfcdec69ffa3cdec96bb.JPG

Let's go!

Hope im wrong, but they dont have a link with a higher tier club that cant be terminated? :(

22 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Hope im wrong, but they dont have a link with a higher tier club that cant be terminated? :(

They have a link with a higher tier side, but it can be terminated. I took over the other Eskilstuna in the 4th tier (yes, there are three Eskilstuna teams) team in FM 22. When my Eskilstuna team and the higher-tier Eskilstuna team ended up in the same division, the link was terminated.

Edited by JLAB

43 minutos atrás, JLAB disse:

They have a link with a higher tier side, but it can be terminated. I took over the other Eskilstuna in the 4th tier (yes, there are three Eskilstuna teams) team in FM 22. When my Eskilstuna team and the higher-tier Eskilstuna team ended up in the same division, the link was terminated.

Thanks for the info. :D

I hate when you spend time in a save and than you have to end it.

Hi everyone, I have some time off work at last and I'm determined to give this another go. I've tried numerous times already this version but can't seem to get a save to stick so I've barely posted.

I've always fancied giving Denmark a go as I have friends there, nobody has completed it yet and I believe it'll be possible. Does anyone know of any issues in Denmark since the update? I remember reading there may have been a few when the game first came out.

Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.7aac310f4772d9ad95e9475e9a25b3e5.png

Cardiff Corinthians - Season 2053/54 Review (s32)

This was another typical season for us in Wales.  The main things of note were:

• Failing to make it through to the group stage of the champions league.  We lost against Basel in our qualification tie
  • Winning our Europa League group with 5 wins
  • 19yr old forward Jamie McKenzie 50d (screenshot below) became the first ever Welsh international for the club
  • Some way off top level, but 16yr old Tom Broad 53c looks like he might become a very useful defender

Competitions

Spoiler

League

image.png.d4cedf87d6632d14d51c2f52b1fb54e6.png

League records

image.png.044d0706e09ea6d4334485f2532055b7.png

Spoiler

Champions League

image.png.7b82126e57712febf6ecd47e339da105.png

Europa League

image.png.9b074cfde44e8e0508394ed696e6b662.png

image.png.2e0769c8780ee9dd5cef7de948163b36.png

Youth Intake

Spoiler

Preview

image.png.29991de1ba64f2d5e6e53ae001158c5e.png

Intake

image.png.7cea33651428494d3957bf68b2beda8d.png

HoYD

image.thumb.png.115d285f5613eccf2609c492ac6d0656.png

Players

Spoiler

McKenzie 50d (73) - our star player and new Wales international

image.thumb.png.765ef0eb5a778f779bec1eea3e4f4151.png

Navarro 49g (61) - fans PotY and had another great season as our set piece specialist

image.thumb.png.f8028dd0b0085e40fa2fd1dcb31f003f.png

Broad 53c (61) - talent young defender who may become a fixture in our side if he continues to develop

image.thumb.png.5d3b0fc8a41bce8b1ad6422f900f7e6f.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.a6af82ff56f715274b4f56bbf2d89958.png

image.thumb.png.df9ab1d8521176436c57d936abc8b3fa.png

image.thumb.png.ab5435229f19b7f98356844cdd872898.png

image.png

Edited by JAwtunes

6 hours ago, JLAB said:

oh that's good to know. i didn't realise there were 3 eskilstuna sides!

MKP Kotwica Kołobrzeg - Oficjalna strona
Kotwica Kołobrzeg - 2034/35

Squad - League - Finances - Transfers 

At this point Legia is our country Manchaster City, Ekstraklasa is 6th in league rank and we are having 3 teams in Champions League. Every season Legia is going straight to group stage cashing money. In 3rd round of Polish Cup we meet Legia and of course we lost ( I think we have like 10 match lose cold streak with them). Anyway after break we secure 6th place (as Legia won as well Cup) so we will go into ECL. Ostrowski 09a is our first NT player with 3 call's in this season. Żubrowski 02a at age 26 as well gets 1 cap. In same time Piotr goes as NXGN of 2035 winner and Rymar 10b as our biggest winner of season as well reaching 41-50 in NXGN. Ostrowski doesn't want to continue career in our club so will leave at the end of contract so I probably will have to sell him unfortunately. In next season our defence will be much better as Finish star Helander 10a and always injures Skiba 07d will back to the club so wish for much better place in league.

8UKaerl.png

In this year we got finally 2 DL and DR as well potential striker from Sweeden join's.

u4wxKmC.png

Intake Prieview

Spoiler

WU8BtL6.pngURvxDML.pngR3hyFj4.pngSVyoXwW.pngkSRCQkJ.pngTEbVbN0.pngtHlA8Fx.png

Intake Report

Spoiler

image.png.51086ef81e8804f8db93f1eca15764db.png

image.png.f5f0495b1135eb8709b08bf907c9dbf5.png

Edited by Sn00gle

image.png.b6ceba8f48033b9d4edb5b2baac74ee9.png

End of season 2

What an awful second half to the season. half way through we were in third place,  then we constantly dropped off the pace in the second half of the season!

we finished in 17th same as season one but we did manage an extra 6 points on the previous season. hopefully more progression is made next season.

cant upgrade training or facilities as the club is in the red, so the struggle continues...

final st.png

lined up.png

acc.png

Lokeren Tense 36-37

Europe:

Another amzing run this time in the Europa, brought to and end by a team we should have done better against.  9-5 vs Sevilla being the highlight.  Can't help but feel we could have had our 2nd European trophy given no big guns made the business end of this one.

image.png.ffbbee360ffd16ac4c42f8240c78c850.png

Spoiler

image.png.0ceec08da5431189a83722fbc3853176.png

image.png.5fa53e2aad044de4dd32274ca0317d52.png

Belgium:

We were too far off to make a real challenge and 6th was the best I felt we could do so I played safe and took the easy route in 7th.  Back in the conference league but necessary as the chance of missing out on top 4 was too high this term.

image.png.b5e76e40931cf0236d3109842b585359.png

image.png.1a2b139607a0a181405e336412d2d2ce.png

Belgian Cup: A deep run all the way to the final and a 1-0 heartbreak.  At least we showed up this campaign.  Can't help but feel with Brugge having a poor season by their standards this was our big chance and we blew it.

Spoiler

image.png.950f1b045a290a5cf49b72e730bf2944.png

The Squads:

image.png.562ae10a527172b59d71acf26d6b34a9.png

image.png.e8396b4a307e8cffeecfecec8d8288e1.png

Spoiler

image.png.d63ea674ba0ed05049bcc109a8bcd3e1.png

image.png.498deeaa45dafd24e8ab1b3a7af78f5b.png

Stats:

Spoiler

Goals

stats_Goals.PNG.b738f38c0b961536d0c6e468ce83a021.PNG

Assists

stats_Ass.PNG.ef1fcee35934f4df14f24e139d9a9899.PNG

Apps

stats_Apps.PNG.f79a549f0c6a70abfea95f2d2ffbdd54.PNG

Rating

stats_Ratings.PNG.0f1ad64a8985ba6d64401de04b01ed7a.PNG

Youth:  Looks like a good crop and both De Meyer and Simeus look like they could already play as rotation players.  Hopeful.

image.png.2e54772b3689b653d62e6c3ad45eabbe.png

image.png.74e4afdd463bf51674fc26f93352f5f9.png

Spoiler

image.png.e6887a5079bf5ebf2d558f33af600cf0.png

Youth Picks:

Spoiler

yth_potb2.PNG.ab0bedf9d1a37e0335845aa0f35bc447.PNGyth_potb.PNG.75a997acf44ee1e37bd36b9fa934cc63.PNG

Other Stuff: Only notable upgrade was coaches allowed...

Spoiler

image.png.42478ad4f87192d42ae5f7c04ef6c4d7.png

The Club:

image.png.5d42c7b64ddc232ffe904eda94f59e5d.png

image.png.059e5ea4f7706a0a5af54eabdd014b57.png

What finance bug?

image.png.e65b7447baf8de6b817950609ee5ac84.png

Grinding the Conference League is a great way for co-ef point lol.  Almost in the top 20.

So I’m into february in my first season in Scotland and unless my board are very tight with money or the fact my u18s have only had one fixture all season but the delegation of hiring staff hasn’t changed a thing. On the u18s staff screen it says 0/0 coaches, 0/0 recruitment and 0/0 medical.

Im persevering with the save because I’m enjoying it so far and I do want to see if it sorts itself out at some point in the save.

Ah, that's a shame :(

I don't know if I'll continue my save in England with Cray Wanderers. I just finished my first season and although the results where quite good, I didn't enjoy it. So I'll wait with my season update, and give it a little pause. Maybe I'll come back to the save soon, but I will also checking other options.