The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to ask one question. I think I know the answer, but wanted to make sure.

Obviously when You arrive at a club You chosed to manage, You'll be welcomed by given squad, with certain number of players under contract. Can You keep those players - and keep extanding their contracts? Are only transfers of new players forbidden?

Thank You very much, this is really fun and I love reading stories from those long-term saves.

11 minutes ago, LeLaga said:

Just wanted to ask one question. I think I know the answer, but wanted to make sure.

Obviously when You arrive at a club You chosed to manage, You'll be welcomed by given squad, with certain number of players under contract. Can You keep those players - and keep extanding their contracts? Are only transfers of new players forbidden?

Thank You very much, this is really fun and I love reading stories from those long-term saves.

Yes you can keep all the players at the club when you start. Only exception is loan players, you can't extend their loan / bring them to the club as a transfer at the end of the loan (even if the clause exists in the contract). All incoming transfers are forbidden, you just are able to sign players that come through the yearly intake of your club's academy.

Welcome to the club!

Edited by WhiteCat33

ce5de91ae7dcc8ad489f109a6e408b62.png

This is my first time trying this challenge on FM23, no clue if I will have the willpower of some of you to finish this challenge!

8a23597d3e720aae91fd6bcc8dc0f9f0.png

The club is predicted to finish 21st.

492b58409df6545c652183f790f931b0.png

We only have 1 GK, and he's not even a full gold star :D

Just a sneak preview about my current season;

33n6tva.jpg

I can't believe we are even in the running for a promotion place! This is our first season in 2. Bundesliga and we are performing way above expectations. With 3 home games in the last 4 matches everything is still possible. But to be honest: I hope we keep this 4th place. We are absolutely not ready for the Bundesliga.
But to be in this position after 30 matches is just incredible. We will get a lot of money when the season is over, that's for sure. Can't wait for it, because we can finally start upgrading our facilities!

And a beautiful side note: 3 of the 4 mentioned clubs are East-German clubs :)

10 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Yes you can keep all the players at the club when you start. Only exception is loan players, you can't extend their loan / bring them to the club as a transfer at the end of the loan (even if the clause exists in the contract). All incoming transfers are forbidden, you just are able to sign players that come through the yearly intake of your club's academy.

Welcome to the club!

Thank You!

Seems very difficult - I'll try to do it... but in FM17, I'm still behind times. Good luck to everyone on here.

2 hours ago, russ the womble said:

UESantAndreu.png

Season 2 (2024/25)

Tricky second season blooding some youths, finished one place above the relegation spots. Apparently this is a relegation play off spot, which I won 3-0.

image.png.a1516fbab7b1725063c51fa5e7d3a342.png

Robert Sarsanedas

Reveal hidden contents

Great stats and 5 stars already, but I could really do with selling him because my finances are awful.

image.thumb.png.040a1852585be07788678f1cd8f49a9b.png

Finances

image.png.0956dafa4ea400d82f5babdb50f19b65.png

image.png.8dc5cbfb4776eb919da4cf2e927034b3.png

Finances looks pretty brutal in Spain!

2 hours ago, Barnsley said:

I lose £10k a week and my player wages are only about £12k. I've got rid of a few of the higher earners (ie good players) and even replaced staff with cheaper variants, but will still make a big loss. Have decided to try and fill pre-season with games to try and get some income. Can pick up about £100k over several games so makes a small difference but still - I guess it's not worth worrying about and just focus on promotion, as there's no way to get in the black and be competitive.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Neo_Geo:

I'm simply speechless at this :lol:

I've never had so many entries in the NxGn (this is the second year running Cantarella was Number 1 as well - PSG came calling in January window and I stood firm as he has £100m release clause - thanks @thomas_e for that tip with the Director of Football negotiating as it generally leaves the minimum fee there but has no capped value)

Where can I find this tip? I have the same problem in Israel with release clauses not-negotiable at around 3 millions

17 minutes ago, Redknapp_13 said:

Where can I find this tip? I have the same problem in Israel with release clauses not-negotiable at around 3 millions

So the idea is you get a DoF to do the contract negotiation with a player and you click continue. Once you get control again go to change the contract offer and you can adjust it from there.

As an example I was having players regularly ask for minimum fee of around £11m and now I've been able to put them to £100m for several of my players.....however I have been able to do that based on the fact I upped the wage and agent fee quite a bit.

In general I think the tip works but the more financial power you have the more you can up the minimum fee or indeed remove it provided you are quite generous with the wage and fee offered. I'm in a position where I have over £150m in the bank so money isn't really a concern to me so I might as well pump into into the wages and agent fees to keep my best players around.

7 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

So the idea is you get a DoF to do the contract negotiation with a player and you click continue. Once you get control again go to change the contract offer and you can adjust it from there.

As an example I was having players regularly ask for minimum fee of around £11m and now I've been able to put them to £100m for several of my players.....however I have been able to do that based on the fact I upped the wage and agent fee quite a bit.

In general I think the tip works but the more financial power you have the more you can up the minimum fee or indeed remove it provided you are quite generous with the wage and fee offered. I'm in a position where I have over £150m in the bank so money isn't really a concern to me so I might as well pump into into the wages and agent fees to keep my best players around.

What are the stats on your DoF?

3 minutes ago, hubwub said:

S9_DoF.thumb.png.1a0c8a6cb98318b95751df8a7d22b0cb.png

Negotiating is only 13 but it seems to be enough to do the job

EDIT: He has a 4.5 star rating (when viewing in the staff search including my own staff) so I think he's a pretty good DoF

Edited by Neo_Geo

5j8Tzb1.png

2026/27 Midseason Review:

WhpQhjo.png

The plan to be more aggressive offensively has helped, but the season is following a familiar pattern, so we'll see how things go. Knocked out of all the cups so let's see if things settle down schedule wise and the team plays better. I don't see a complete cratering in form and relegation, but I've been wrong there before.

brBYQPd.png

As with the last few intakes I am hoping for at least one player good enough to step right into the first team. I'd love a good striker. 

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

S9_DoF.thumb.png.1a0c8a6cb98318b95751df8a7d22b0cb.png

Negotiating is only 13 but it seems to be enough to do the job

EDIT: He has a 4.5 star rating (when viewing in the staff search including my own staff) so I think he's a pretty good DoF

I got rid of my DoF. So I might recruit a new one.

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Out of interest has anyone managed to get fully upgraded youth facilities in this challenge in FM23 yet?

I've seen two or three people with Exceptional Youth Facilities. I think the latest to get there was @XaW. Now, that they are in the Prem they could get State of the Art.

Edited by hubwub
removed double quote

17 hours ago, Barnsley said:

In my save the board injected some cash once in a while. Financial issues stopped when I got to La Liga 2; there is 6M of tv money waiting for you there.

3 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Out of interest has anyone managed to get fully upgraded youth facilities in this challenge in FM23 yet?

I'm in La Liga at season 7, exceptional JC an YR. YF is at good, but the option to upgrade has dissapeared. It certainly not a lack of money or coaches. TF are at good and upgrading now to (I think) superb.

4 hours ago, hubwub said:

This is the only way I've been able to hold onto my players in Luxembourg as otherwise they all want pitiful release clauses sometimes below their min value. I just up their base salary by 15-20% and they all have let me remove the clause completely. Works most of the time with my much worse GM, only issue is if you stack too many years on their contract he tends to fail to negotiate as he won't offer long term deals. 

image.png.ed7b24c29e66179dd830ffe620a328af.png

OFK BEOGRAD - Season 2030/2031

I finished my 8th season with OFK Beograd, and it was best so far. In regular season, we finished 2nd, and after playoffs we lost in last fixture and finished 3rd. And Cup, this was best, we managed to win Kup Srbije. We again had good youth intake with some of elite players, players like JovanovskiPavlovicStojanovicSavic and Lukic. Also, we sold our best goalscorer from last season, Vladimir Petrovic to PSG for 6.75M and 50% of next sale, so we are now stick to a new striker, Vlajic, and we god our training facilities upgraded.

0ffb6d705a22f94354cc826590a9c226.png

6df3bb63cabda57973462dc7b700e111.png

00cf759fd67851362d0a7726c5ec5800.png

Edited by m15k3BEAST

12 hours ago, gb2003 said:

Hey guys, I have a offer from Trabzon for my right back about 1.3 million. Now they offer me a loan back. Is this allowed?

Best thing to do if this happens is to try and arrange the deal to go through at the end of the season, that's allowed but no we can't loan back.