The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Annnnd sacked on Season 3 :seagull:

Is there anything against restarting with the same team? I feel like I've done quite a few mistakes, like signing a model citizen HOYD but with an approach to the game completely different from mine, so he brought tons of players I wouldn't use properly, and prioritizing players with good personalities over the better ones in the first seasons, maybe I shouldn't be focusing on long term before establishing a competitive base team regardless of their personalities.

Edited by v1n1akabozo

4 hours ago, Barnsley said:

Yeah, I cannot stop conceding goals it has been a problem in every season, i am wide open. Have tweaked in alot of areas and I haven't been able to find the right formula. My 2 CB's are so slow, and they get done over the top so often even when on drop back or low defensive set up, they still always seem to get caught out. My keeper is also pretty poor and there is nothing I can do about that, i just haven't had a decent enough keeper as yet. We are 15 points off the playoffs at the half way stage, it is going to take something quite incredible to get near but we will give it a shot!

Not sure if this makes it any better but I'm pretty sure the balls over the top goals is something to do with the match engine this year. CBs are struggling to mark up players on it and at lower skill level it becomes more obvious. I know mine have been terrible as well across all saves.

2 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Annnnd sacked on Season 3 :seagull:

Is there anything against restarting with the same team? I feel like I've done quite a few mistakes, like signing a model citizen HOYD but with an approach to the game completely different from mine, so he brought tons of players I wouldn't use properly, and prioritizing players with good personalities over the better ones in the first seasons, maybe I shouldn't be focusing on long term before establishing a competitive base team regardless of their personalities.

Unlucky on the sack. If you still have the original simulated season save I don't see why not. Lots of us have returned to clubs where we have unfinished business.

4 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Unlucky on the sack. If you still have the original simulated season save I don't see why not. Lots of us have returned to clubs where we have unfinished business.

I have saved quite a few seeds at the reset date, as I was looking for some specific clubs. Already started over again =]. 

Anyone know if not having a recruitment package impacts the quality of the youth intake? Or if a better package leads to better players?

I am consistently having poor intakes and beginning to wonder if it might be down to not having a recruitment package in order to save money...

19 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Anyone know if not having a recruitment package impacts the quality of the youth intake? Or if a better package leads to better players?

I am consistently having poor intakes and beginning to wonder if it might be down to not having a recruitment package in order to save money...

I have yet to pay for any scouting recruitment packages, pretty sure it doesn't affect the intakes. It's the youth recruitment that broadens your base of players and maybe HOYD scouting knowledge. The intake quality is more JR Coaching, Youth Facilities & HOYD / whoever is in charge of bringing in youth players.  

Karşıyaka SK

Season 3 -  2025/26| TFF 1.Lig - 6th (Media:18th) | Cup - 5th Round

Mehmet, Mehmet, Mehmet. What should I say. 17 years old and best player in the 2nd league and for sure for my team. Broke every record this year in the league (1,2,3). He won the young player of the year award, player of the year award and was the top goalgetter of the league.  He don't want renew his contract but has still one year plus one. I hope we get the promotion next year because I don't want to loose him.

He want to play in the Süper Lig but even I was 6th and lost in the half final playoffs against Genclerbirligi, I don't see me next year there but hope dies last. I was this year a long time 2nd in the league but lost 7 of the last 11 games. 5 games in a row after I was 2nd. With the new youth income ( incredible), I hope for a better season ( even 6th was great and phenomenal).

Also my other two top prospect played a great season. Murat Tükenmez has a release clause and want also in the Süper Lig and my other prospect Umut Kilic has a long term contract (2 years plus 3 years extension). Hope all three prospects stays at Karsiyaka.

Manager | Transfers | Overview | League Table | League Stats | Club Overview | Facilities |Squad |Squad Stats |Youth income 1 | Youth income 2

Top 3 players

Mehmet Kalkan - 39 games - 39 goals - 3 assists - 11 POM - 7.44

Umut Kilic - 36 games - 0 goals - 1 assists - 4 POM - 7.41

Murat Tükenmez - 34 games - 2 goals - 3 assists - 4 POM - 7.24

Top 3 prospects

Selim Kum - Left back

Gökay Dincel - Right back

Görkem Iyik - Left back

Edited by gb2003

6 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

On the same topic, how do you guys embed images like that, like a small thumbnail?

I just use a screenshot program called Greenshot, then save as image and add it to the post. Double click the image and then you can adjust size. 

9 hours ago, v1n1akabozo said:

On the same topic, how do you guys embed images like that, like a small thumbnail?

Hey man. I'm new to this but you must insert existing attachment that is displayed when you click other media button and pick the image from your PC.  The image will show up in large format then you need to double click the image and you can then set your desired dimensions. Just remember to keep aspect ration checked :thup:

@skills - Feel like you are steadily improving. No Idea how you have that CB on a youth contract still, a mix of being unfortunate and of being lucky I guess. Sure you will be on the leaderboard soon enough.

On a side note everytime I see someone play South Shields, I think it is you :) Maybe....you should return ;) 

Edited by glennuk

Suggestions Please!

Struggling to really get into a save. Really wanted to do Indonesia, but the bugs make that hard.
Started in Germany, but not really feeling it.
Could do England again and I am sure I will enjoy it, but it takes forever (especially for me) AND I completed the challenge once....in England.

My biggest don't want is financial issues to a crazy extent (EG: Belgium).

Any Suggestions?

Rules question. May I integrate the Youth Challenge into an existing save? I have now arrived in May 2023 with my main save. The setting includes 160k players, I would like to start the challenge with a second coach here, because the immersion - i.e. the setup - is perfect.

Permitted?

Edited by Conardo

39 minutes ago, Conardo said:

Rules question. May I integrate the Youth Challenge into an existing save? I have now arrived in May 2023 with my main save. The setting includes 160k players, I would like to start the challenge with a second coach here, because the immersion - i.e. the setup - is perfect.

Permitted?

I'm not sure, don't think we've had this as a possibility before. Thoughts @darren1983?

49 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Last World Cup's in my save look interesting wont lie.
image.png.a7f17362c213c84a802608dc20a45838.png

image.png.d317a83d7ee7a497934baf93461777bf.png

image.png.977b56340f43b0fe655e84e7abd204c9.png
Poland got 3rd place in 2026 :D

In my save England won both 2022 and 2026...

I'm selling one of my best players. Didn't want to, but the board accepted an offer for him, so I had to try to get more (and a sell-on clause!). So here he goes!

fIolOIf.png

TpLA47q.png

While he is very good, I have a good replacement, so he is not the worst player I could lose.

TXR1QSX.png

Mason Darlow 27e was supposed to be the understudy this season, but I guess he becomes first choice now.

1 hour ago, Conardo said:

Permitted?

As long as the club taken over fits the original criteria and there is no in game editor etc it should be fine. 

I'd also say no transfer deals between the 2 sides or any affiliation at all just to keep things above board. 

36 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm selling one of my best players. Didn't want to, but the board accepted an offer for him, so I had to try to get more (and a sell-on clause!). So here he goes!

fIolOIf.png

TpLA47q.png

While he is very good, I have a good replacement, so he is not the worst player I could lose.

TXR1QSX.png

Mason Darlow 27e was supposed to be the understudy this season, but I guess he becomes first choice now.

Also, this finally allowed us to get better facilities (and hopefully youth level!).

LEblHLj.png

2 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

Hi all, i'm ready to start this challenge and I'm determined to get in the HOF!

Quick question, what's the best/quickest way to take a screenshot, I've completely forgot!?

I use TechSmith Capture. 

I think I've made a big mistake in my save.

I added the top league from the big 5 so that I could perhaps get better staff (the staff list seemed really stale).

As soon as the leagues were added BOOM, bids in for Pereira and Duda (Duda's minimum fee release clause now activated), U18s staff getting poached etc.

It got me thinking, is it too easy without the other leagues involved? It almost seems a bit like a cheat in a way as the clubs in  those leagues aren't prominent. I mean Duda is either off to West Brom, Norwich or West Ham which for a 19 year old Albanian with 20 caps seems plausible, but before this no club was interested. The only players attracting any interest were my top players and it was alwys Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus or Inter etc.

30 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

Quick question, what's the best/quickest way to take a screenshot, I've completely forgot!?

I just use the Windows snipping tool.

12 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I added the top league from the big 5 so that I could perhaps get better staff (the staff list seemed really stale).

As soon as the leagues were added BOOM, bids in for Pereira and Duda (Duda's minimum fee release clause now activated), U18s staff getting poached etc.

It got me thinking, is it too easy without the other leagues involved? It almost seems a bit like a cheat in a way as the clubs in  those leagues aren't prominent. I mean Duda is either off to West Brom, Norwich or West Ham which for a 19 year old Albanian with 20 caps seems plausible, but before this no club was interested. The only players attracting any interest were my top players and it was alwys Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus or Inter etc.

I wondered the same, it's why I always load the big 5 despite the league I'm playing in.

Edited by Brentmeister

15 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I load all leagues from Europe as view only. I should do the rest of the world too.

4 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

I use Greenshot, and have linked it to imgur to auto-upload when I take it. Works excellently, and it's freeware.

Just had my first senior capped player!

TJpSOG9.png

He started in a 2-0 win over Malta in the Nations League for Northern Ireland and even got an assists!

dVtK8y5.png

image.png.5f154522646cb86cd20a46cace559d7e.png

Amigos da Caponte - Preview - Terceira (3rd Division)

Well, I accepted the L in Bulgaria and managed to pick up new motivation to start again. I want to try something new and go to the beatiful african continent, more precisely to Angola. Football has a great importance in the south-west african country, not only because of its potuguese history.

After a nice one year holiday, Mabrice Alcebiades Faieco, relative of Akwá, took over the recently promoted Amigos da Caponte. With only 13 players on non-contracts, this will be a very difficult challenge for the unexperienced manager.

Spoiler

20221127141450_1.jpg.6fe75b9a3501a592393c95bfabae588c.jpg

20221127141412_1.jpg.fe1d32867b1f784a74d6fc27251f718f.jpg

Key players

Spoiler

20221127141417_1.jpg.bc364df903465e51e420d1116a85ecb9.jpg

20221127141421_1.jpg.dbb65decb0e350d6ffc3c25d382066ea.jpg

20221127141424_1.jpg.2ff1b003b15aaf4e22694e3908ae8e91.jpg

20221127141429_1.jpg.420af9e97a4b27173d1540e2489308f4.jpg

20221127141440_1.jpg.30b59aaf05cf2d491c6525f47cf3c08e.jpg

Club overview and facilities

Spoiler

20221127135829_1.jpg.f1113c036e9e99bd1aa29229cd54f7db.jpg

20221127135837_1.jpg.4ec8f238e6dcbe845e7b70ba954ae39f.jpg

20221127135820_1.jpg.62fb9f206173468f44ea0c1122334995.jpg

20221127135802_1.jpg.d57389f0b4095dd479fa9ced1f4f2e11.jpg

Season Preview

20221127135909_1.jpg.642a3eeaea5991469a4d1174aaf3bf84.jpg

20221127135900_1.jpg.a88f34a91d8f3d64513e68194330ac20.jpg

So I'm still doing my FM21 save and am about to start season 14 and about to play my first game in the Championship, but my U23 squad didn't get invited to a league. What are the requirements for them to get an invite? Besides the youth level, club reputation and perhaps even facilities levels, what else is taken into account? Is there anything I can do to help us get an invite? FWIW, youth level is at 3, junior and youth recruitment are maxed out, training and youth facilities are average and  reputation is at (2 star) regional.

Also, how long did it take you guys to get your U23 squad invited to a league?  I want to get an idea of how long we'll have to wait.