• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, the_hdk said:

Kaf Sin Kaf

Season 38/39 (Final) - Süper Lig

rOVsxMX.png

Transfers / Players

Well this is it. The Final season. 16 seasons it took me...and we finish in style with a quadruple!. We finish with 8 championships, 2 cups, 6 super cups and one champions league. Kaan Dobra has finished his goal! More about the CL finale at the end. I see I forgot to update the Ballon d'Or on teh pcture and im too lazy to go back but it was won by SEGURA spanish player playing for Chelsea.

With 93 points we really dominated this season. We also finish with 466 mln EUR in the bank. Sadly still no affiliates and no improvement of youth facilities.

eWRZnCK.png

Epic finish.

Youth

Xd6F1xZ.png

Last year intake was amazing. Three elite players who can make the first team. Especially TASKAN with resolute persoality is high potential.

lF21300.png

For the last update and overview of all intake players per region. Aegean with 207 is the big winner. Altough last few years we ware getting more and more players from all over Turkiye.

Key Players

And the three key players of this save

ZJniSYA.png

BAS (vice captain) was a brilliant goaly. In the CL final he saved two huge opportunities and we could not have done it without him.

LmqIVIn.png

YALCIN the Captain. The leader. The rock. Already 58 caps at age of 26, he will probably end up with around 100. The first Wonderkid we had and i'm more than happy that he stayed till the end with us. Giving him the armband was vital in that.

nQVsbn4.png

GULERYUZ the star striker...already 20 goals for Turkiye...his pace is amazing and he was the MoM of the final. His goal was crucial (altough he had 4 1 on 1 chances).

Champions League Final

The teams:

uDyjUxn.png

1-0 from GULERYUZ. Easy tuck in 5th minutae. It was our 3rd chance of the game already. Blitzball baby.

Ciby3JK.png

1-1 from Barcelona in 84th min from Romanian SALI. It gave hope to the Catalonians.

f9BjUAC.png

2-1 in 91st min! the winning goal after a great run by VURAL.

GtCfr4J.png

The celebrations...continued for 4 days in Turkiye (and continued long after the cup final).

mEDZsV5.png

5WJ8UMN.png

And so we win...and I finish the challange.

I loved it. First time I managed to finish it in three years. Sadly Turkiye didn't have alot of foreign intake but I loved playing there. Alot of interesting clubs with rich history. Amazing intakes...much better than I remember in Poland or Netherlands.

Congrats on the completion mate 💪

32 minutes ago, Winski said:

So, thanks to @the_hdk the map with completed countries is updated again :)

dT2o9XL.jpg

The balkans look really bare but Northern Ireland looks tempting.

If I tire of Switzerland / fail ‘ complete it, I reckon I’ll give Northern Ireland a go since wales is now off the list

44 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

5WJ8UMN.png

And so we win...and I finish the challange.

I loved it. First time I managed to finish it in three years. Sadly Turkiye didn't have alot of foreign intake but I loved playing there. Alot of interesting clubs with rich history. Amazing intakes...much better than I remember in Poland or Netherlands.

Good job and what a superb way to finish it against a team like Barcelona ! and after Wales , now Turkey is completed :)

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

If I tire of Switzerland / fail ‘ complete it, I reckon I’ll give Northern Ireland a go since wales is now off the list

And Belgium if the financial bug is fixed.. also Croatia is tempting 

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

agreed....I'm thinking who to play next.

- Serbia seems like a nice country to play. OFK Beograd seems like a great fallen local team to rebuild and Serbia has not been cleared yet.
 - Afrika in Iceland seems awesome...do you need a custom CD to play them?
 - I've not played in Brazil before. Maybe Perolas Negras? Would need alot of reloads and in beta they could not promote.
 - or I could start my Polonia game.

choices choices

2 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

- Serbia seems like a nice country to play. OFK Beograd seems like a great fallen local team to rebuild and Serbia has not been cleared yet.
 - I've not played in Brazil before. Maybe Perolas Negras? Would need alot of reloads and in beta they could not promote.

choices choices

Yes you need custom db for Afrika . Maybe Caledonian Braves something for you? Or i would love to see a new youth adventure in Brazil 

14 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

choices choices

I love this forum for all the variety.

South America is neglected for sure, only a handful have completed it there and still nothing for Colombia if you fancy something more challenging than Brazil :D

Edited by Neo_Geo

48 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I was going to start a lower league Icelandic save but then I thought, who not try somewhere new for me.  So here we go, in Finland.  I also notice this is a country that hasn't been completed yet.

Club Introduction

Käpylän Pallo

3T5hczC.png

That's exactly the team where I started a save with last night! I also wanted to play in Finland, and picked this team because of their facilities. Good luck with KäPa!

For the more experienced in the English leagues, after the takeover I got Junior Coaching upgraded and Youth Recruitment upgraded, they added some money to the club, I waited to see if the upgrades were too expensive or not, seems with the Cup games I I can afford to go up another level, but the option does not appear. Do I need to wait? Or go up a Youth Level?

8 minutes ago, MadCatPT said:

For the more experienced in the English leagues, after the takeover I got Junior Coaching upgraded and Youth Recruitment upgraded, they added some money to the club, I waited to see if the upgrades were too expensive or not, seems with the Cup games I I can afford to go up another level, but the option does not appear. Do I need to wait? Or go up a Youth Level?

I think you just have to wait. I have never experienced being restricted by my youth level.

6 minutes ago, MadCatPT said:

The board might take a while to consider a further upgrade and offer it as an option.  My working assumption is that if the board doesn't want to pay for it, they'll simply refuse, so I regularly ask but don't push it when they turn me down.

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

The board might take a while to consider a further upgrade and offer it as an option.  My working assumption is that if the board doesn't want to pay for it, they'll simply refuse, so I regularly ask but don't push it when they turn me down.

I had to push both to get them. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, MadCatPT said:

I had to push both to get them. :rolleyes:

I always push for upgrades. I think it is only the last upgrades that are really expensive. The benefits are too large not to push for upgrades in this challenge.

Well I waited for the Euro's to finish and then approached Mandli for contract negotiations and as expected he was still adamant the squad wasn't strong enough.

No one wanted to come in at the upper end of his value so I lowered to £10m with 50% of profit of next sale and Valencia bit:

214700866_S6_ByeByeMandli.png.9f253b47409953754737ea29ef9a42a3.png

He now has an estimated value between £50m -£73m and has a 5 year deal on £39k a week and a minimum fee release clause of £96m (which if activated would give me £43m :D)

It's probably the best I could have got given it's his last year.

Sure enough I sold him and the squad moaned about lack of depth but again promising that youth was the key they backed off.

Time will tell if this was a wise move as far as the challenge is concerned but financially it made sense to let him go.

In related news FC Chiasso's 28/29 Kits are out now!

FC_Chiasso_1.png.85eb9e10fae8a1bc556e2e201ce4231e.pngFC_Chiasso_2.png.d1e06364bc5014223e1121c477d3e3c8.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

13 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

He now has an estimated value between £50m -£73m and has a 5 year deal on £39k a week and a minimum fee release clause of £96m (which if activated would give me £43m :D)

Will you wait? Or activate it for the instant cash?

33 minutes ago, MadCatPT said:

Will you wait? Or activate it for the instant cash?

Financially I am sound at the moment with £29m in the bank before champions league money this season, I’ve got 4 star training and youth facilities though I think the youth facilities bug is still present as I haven’t upgraded in a while and the option isn’t there. The training facilities were complete about a month ago so it takes a little while before it’s back.

I’ll probably just wait as I think he may yet improve and establish himself as the Swiss number 9.

3 minutes ago, Barnsley said:

I mean, those groups are pretty brutal!

Yeah they are really tough to be fair - I thought i might get something out of Lens, but nope.  0-2 defeat at home to make it 12 straight defeats in the group stage :)

I'm not too fused tbh, we should be getting smashed by clubs of this quality.

image.png.30dff4072e0ecb2555ae28cbb7bbbabd.png

I'm more concerned about losing another of our studs as Utd and City are already sniffing around.

image.png.023b49a57fd4324caa6e36276b0adcaa.png

I am at that stage again where I have a good player for this level, but he wants the squad strengthening and wants to explore options. Unable to keep him and he will now leave on a free, this is the 3-4th best player i have had do the same thing and i cannot stop it.

However, we have started the season P3 W3! Connor has just rifled in his 350th league goal for us, and our season tickets have risen for the first time in 9 years from 2056 to 2158. We have 10 year progress!!!

1 minute ago, Barnsley said:

I am at that stage again where I have a good player for this level, but he wants the squad strengthening and wants to explore options. Unable to keep him and he will now leave on a free, this is the 3-4th best player i have had do the same thing and i cannot stop it.

However, we have started the season P3 W3! Connor has just rifled in his 350th league goal for us, and our season tickets have risen for the first time in 9 years from 2056 to 2158. We have 10 year progress!!!

I feel your pain, I’m largely in the same position.

The best thing is optional contract extensions.

My star centreback thinks he’s leaving at the end of this season on a free transfer but as soon as he turns 18 in November I’m triggering his 3 year extension :hammer:

I didn’t have a contract extension for Mandi so just had to suck it up and offer him out. I’ve yet to see one player change their mind when it’s about the strength of the squad.

I hit them with optional extensions (3years if I can get it) and also tend to get a 1yr extension in final season (after 5 games), which I try to activate before using the optional extension.  This normally gives me 6 or 7 years.

xZJDNwbRJayVuVq7rRzO_Cifc-crest.thumb.png.01a0f35d802abf4d9db8804d3b4a121b.png

FM23 Youth Academy Only Challenge - Canvey Island FC.

Season I (23/24), Chapter I - Introducing the Islanders!

Having kept updated with this thread recently, and my South Shields FC test save proving to be a success, I am throwing my hat into the ring, and managing newly-promoted Canvey Island FC in the Vanarama National League South! This is me!

Spoiler

20221124131515_1.thumb.jpg.d2d5a5740ecf3eabcc6bb3c8f1e71278.jpg

Here we go!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2e1c0fba99cc07e539c764f58117b027.jpeg

Our season expectations are modest - to avoid relegation, and to put up a good show against our bitter rivals Concord Rangers.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b20c2c84cf55a5d7b9ccf4a7c98a4697.jpeg

Our squad may be relatively thin on the ground, I just hope that we don't get any long-term injuries!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8078a31f84c67611d0f54237b4837b7c.jpeg

We have gone for a 4-1-4-1 as I quite like this formation! As you can see, In like to attack!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.27c75c426856a3966934fa765b948321.jpeg

Our hopes really rest upon the shoulders of our Spanish midfielder Odei Martin, who is relatively fit, fast, strong, and who can string a pass together!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3e77e96161e1f6a9b38dbb2f2ff7c6df.jpeg

Our balance is better than I thought, but it always seems like non-league clubs leak money like a sieve, so I'm sure that this will change...

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.0e88d2b85c098a9ae2f67e33a0fe1ef5.jpeg

We need to recruit some more staff, most pressingly a Head of Youth Development...

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.eca29aa9fbc270760fd31435da52a653.jpeg

Our facilities are basic, but the Youth Category of 4 is better than the alternative teams in the Vanarama National North/South, several of who had no Youth Level at all. At least we have something to build upon!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.caa6157c138dcfdb91afb588d656e042.jpeg

We are predicted to be rock-bottom of the league, with odds of 400-1! I am a bit more optimistic, providing we can stay fit!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.00abceac7aac11d120cf29ce12651d9a.jpeg

Finally, at the start of pre-season, I can reveal my new Head of Youth Development - Jordan Duffy is OK at judging CA and PA, and is good at working with the youth. Mainly, I looked to sign him due to this professional personality and 1.5* reputation - the Continental C Licence is a bonus! Hopefully he can work his magic!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.28db9cd9b7c0c8edbd15a58278d4ba9a.jpeg

We are now ready to start pre-season! Wish me luck!

image.jpeg

Edited by LucyLu

Decent half of season I think this make me keep calm about survival but I dont think we will reach Europe. However there is slight chance as we have really good run in Polish Cup where we will playin in QF with Jagiellonia leader of Fortuna 1st League.
image.png.5a380d91e0187a067314f4cac1e279cd.png

Tell me more Henk! I swear if there is no foreign golden boy I will kill you for letting this 2 German players out :D 

image.thumb.png.5446a918866bcae16a59e3fe871085bf.png

41 minutes ago, LucyLu said:

xZJDNwbRJayVuVq7rRzO_Cifc-crest.thumb.png.01a0f35d802abf4d9db8804d3b4a121b.png

FM23 Youth Academy Only Challenge - Canvey Island FC.

Season I (23/24), Chapter I - Introducing the Islanders!

Having kept updated with this thread recently, and my South Shields FC test save proving to be a success, I am throwing my hat into the ring, and managing newly-promoted Canvey Island FC in the Vanarama National League South! This is me!

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.f821f1e14d38314184d9e2a3b998b6be.jpeg

Here we go!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.2e1c0fba99cc07e539c764f58117b027.jpeg

Our season expectations are modest - to avoid relegation, and to put up a good show against our bitter rivals Concord Rangers.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.b20c2c84cf55a5d7b9ccf4a7c98a4697.jpeg

Our squad may be relatively thin on the ground, I just hope that we don't get any long-term injuries!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.8078a31f84c67611d0f54237b4837b7c.jpeg

We have gone for a 4-1-4-1 as I quite like this formation! As you can see, In like to attack!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.27c75c426856a3966934fa765b948321.jpeg

Our hopes really rest upon the shoulders of our Spanish midfielder Odei Martin, who is relatively fit, fast, strong, and who can string a pass together!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.3e77e96161e1f6a9b38dbb2f2ff7c6df.jpeg

Our balance is better than I thought, but it always seems like non-league clubs leak money like a sieve, so I'm sure that this will change...

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.0e88d2b85c098a9ae2f67e33a0fe1ef5.jpeg

We need to recruit some more staff, most pressingly a Head of Youth Development...

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.eca29aa9fbc270760fd31435da52a653.jpeg

Our facilities are basic, but the Youth Category of 4 is better than the alternative teams in the Vanarama National North/South, several of who had no Youth Level at all. At least we have something to build upon!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.caa6157c138dcfdb91afb588d656e042.jpeg

We are predicted to be rock-bottom of the league, with odds of 400-1! I am a bit more optimistic, providing we can stay fit!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.00abceac7aac11d120cf29ce12651d9a.jpeg

Finally, at the start of pre-season, I can reveal my new Head of Youth Development - Jordan Duffy is OK at judging CA and PA, and is good at working with the youth. Mainly, I looked to sign him due to this professional personality and 1.5* reputation - the Continental C Licence is a bonus! Hopefully he can work his magic!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.28db9cd9b7c0c8edbd15a58278d4ba9a.jpeg

We are now ready to start pre-season! Wish me luck!

I hate to say it but what did you create your manager as in term of the badges because I see you have 18 points under coaching and 15 under mental which looking back at my manager when I created them I had 12 and 11 respectively, so your manager has a total of 33 stat points compared to 23.

2 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I hate to say it but what did you create your manager as in term of the badges because I see you have 18 points under coaching and 15 under mental which looking back at my manager when I created them I had 12 and 11 respectively, so your manager has a total of 33 stat points compared to 23.

Hey @Neo_Geo thanks for pointing out my mistake - I uploaded the screenshot of my "holiday (wo)man" instead of my actual manageress! Proof of my manager is below and I shall edit it in my Original now!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.041fa4cae25f2443fed12c7f3bd6d545.jpeg

1 minute ago, LucyLu said:

Hey @Neo_Geo thanks for pointing out my mistake - I uploaded the screenshot of my "holiday (wo)man" instead of my actual manageress! Proof of my manager is below and I shall edit it in my Original now!

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.041fa4cae25f2443fed12c7f3bd6d545.jpeg

Nice one, I hate seeing people get so many seasons in before discovering something invalidated the challenge and they lose all the progress they made.

3 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

All the best @Winskithough you didn't have to change mate.  Ironic as JJK were my second choice too.

I’d have changed too, it’s like two ladies showing up to a party with the same dress on, someone has to change :lol: