The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Barnsley said:

has anyone got a link or template for these fancy spreadsheets people are using

I can share mine. You would also need a filter I use to take player data out of the game. It's written in Excel2007, I'm cheap!, and has one small macro but this can be worked around if you want.

It's reasonably complex but should be manageable if you're ok with spreadsheets.

It includes an automated .Inc name generator which is handy for this challenge.

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Image result for tampico madero

Season 1 2023/24 - Tampico Madero - Mexico Expansion League

I chose this team as they had a large following and cash in the bank, started with 3.5m balance which we were able to use to improve facilities and upgrade coaching badges.

The team was pretty solid with a couple of stars but we are very light in central midfield meaning i started with a 4-2-2-2 formation as we had no DM's. I think this really shocked the team as even though we would be the better team for most games, we just couldnt notch the wins and concede quite regularly. In the opening stage we ended up finishing mid table after a really slow start, we were then knocked out in the first game of the prelim round.  In the closing stage we were better as the team were getting used to how I want them to play and we finished 5th, We won the first game of prelim which put us in the quarters, we unfortunately drew the team that came first in the closing stage Venados.  First leg at home we won 2 - 0 in a dominate performance.  We then went 1 - 0 ahead away but then bottled it and copped 3 early in the second half.  To my despair the league standings are the differentiator if the legs are tied!

Upgrades:

Reveal hidden contents

633055929_2022-11-09(1).png.cff3bac771d6c54b6c83ed383fcdbc6f.png836446061_2022-11-09(3).png.91b258ce6a06fd467ee0eb5d40b739ad.png2022-11-09.png.d76605913c38de324b92efb530aa78f7.png

Intake was ok, nothing really exciting me to be honest. I signed them all as we literally had no players in the u20 squad, Luna could become decent at left back

799999590_2022-11-09(5).png.48862f2fbbdde166e96241c337e317be.png

Come end of the year we got a huge cash boost from sponsorships, 1.3m for this leve is nuts!  We also got 870k of 'other income' at the same time to put the balance back to 2.8m which ill look to spend next year.

We were also given the option of starting our own B team which i instinctively approved.  @darren1983and @XaWi assume this is ok to move players in and out of the B team?  I havent done so thus far in season 2 but want the ok before I do, cheers

2022-11-10 (1).png

2022-11-10 (3).png

Yeah moving between B team is fine, if it does show as a transfer just remind us it's your B team

1 hour ago, sc91 said:

@XaW @darren1983

Gents, can this thread be used for FM 22 as well? 

Yeah it's fine to use older versions, a couple years back I did try and make it just one big thread for the challenge but people wanted a yearly one, but as long as you remind me it's FM 22 then no issue posting progress in here. 

12 hours ago, Daddy said:

Wg7JJVl.png

A surprise promotion and then I don't get to finish the season. Seems a quick trigger fringer.

nXvKTq0.png

yeah I knew it was coming when the team had a draw in a friendly to a team playing in whatever the "Combined Counties D1" division is.

Taking a break from England. I'd like to try somewhere in Africa since I've never played there. I don't know enough about databases and what qualifies for the challenge. Depending on how the night goes I'll either look into that or go somewhere already in game. For now, off to RimWorld for some war crimes.

That's really unlucky man! I had a very similar situation where we (Dorchester) got promoted too soon but my board were clearly more forgiving as I got to carry on after being relegated. Once you're on a losing run in a division with players well above the level of your own it's so hard to turn it around :( 

@thomas_e A very good post.

Some other tips would be to check the set pieces, some of them have too few people staying back, other have the wrong people, like your bricks for feet DM outside the area, and instead of picking a pass, recycling possession or shoot at goal he fails he first touch and the other team gets a free counter-attack, it's crossing to where your worst headers are or having the wrong crosser taking the set pieces.

We are intentionally handicapping ourselves to make for a more difficult and more appealing way to enjoy the game, so we should be sure that we don't have extra handicaps.

12 hours ago, Daddy said:

Taking a break from England. I'd like to try somewhere in Africa since I've never played there. I don't know enough about databases and what qualifies for the challenge. Depending on how the night goes I'll either look into that or go somewhere already in game. For now, off to RimWorld for some war crimes.

Bummer on the sack, that brutal of a season is what has me scared about pushing Guiseley up too quickly into the football league.

I'm using one of "@Timo@" 73 created leagues for Luxembourg. I'm pretty sure any of theirs would qualify for the challenge as there is a real effort to replicate faithfully the real league structures as well as monetarily accurate payments. There are a good number of African nations in the list for you to explore. Most often you'll have a bottom league w/o relegation, so you'll have to take the last placed team after the sim season.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885983553

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I'm using one of "@Timo@" 73 created leagues for Luxembourg. I'm pretty sure any of theirs would be eledgible for the challenge as there is a real effort to replicate faithfully the real league structures as well as monetarily accurate payments. There are a good number of African nations in the list for you to explore. Most often you'll have a bottom league w/o relegation, so you'll have to take the last placed team after the sim season.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885983553

Ah cool thanks. I downloaded an Egypt one (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885974303). I may give that a try next assuming it's valid. 

2 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Ah cool thanks. I downloaded an Egypt one (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885974303). I may give that a try next assuming it's valid. 

Tenshi is who made the tier 3 Luxembourg one I tried. Before you get too far I'd recommend checking the yellow card rules. In their Luxembourg database they had it set so after 2 yellow cards you got a game suspension for each yellow card. Timo has a more regular suspension structure

image.png.ec9a8cc7f56fce462d385a23a5ccf357.png

12 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Tenshi is who made the tier 3 Luxembourg one I tried. Before you get too far I'd recommend checking the yellow card rules. In their Luxembourg database they had it set so after 2 yellow cards you got a game suspension for each yellow card. Timo has a more regular suspension structure

image.png.ec9a8cc7f56fce462d385a23a5ccf357.png

Is that the real rule of the league though?

Another season gone, we making progress boiiiissss

image.thumb.png.f194dfdd5e5c44b5dfc1faecfe34215d.png

Progress in the playoffs (next season we go for championship group):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.47060a910eaefa718518ec4656ad41f4.png

Intake which I should rather not talk about but here it is:

Spoiler

1398897765_2025-Intakebestplayer.thumb.png.1f9f19ba7bfba8777db1b3940bea9323.png

Best intake player goes straight into my team and straight on the pitch 3 days later because injuries and/or suspensions and...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5d2d032bc263543ee43522f5aa1e71a4.png

Spoiler

966108278_2025-Tomaisamonster.thumb.png.030bed96fa2fec1e8f88eb2ff75010ec.png

Edited by Ice029

HAHA what in the world?! I checked and Porto has a full U19 squad as well as the other Portugal clubs in continental competitions. Are you really telling me these two are in the top 40 of U19 Portuguese players in the game? If my Cape Verde players got callups before Luxembourg I wouldn't have been shocked, but this?

image.png.567458f89e0fad910bdc91a529b52c1d.png

My DLP

image.thumb.png.d142fcf64f59b462394b00b328409773.png

A rotation RM

image.thumb.png.8b865918bfb6c400c9c28e7eebe61777.png

2 minutos atrás, WhiteCat33 disse:

HAHA what in the world?! I checked and Porto has a full U19 squad as well as the other Portugal clubs in continental competitions. Are you really telling me these two are in the top 40 of U19 Portuguese players in the game? If my Cape Verde players got callups before Luxembourg I wouldn't have been shocked, but this?

image.png.567458f89e0fad910bdc91a529b52c1d.png

My DLP

image.thumb.png.d142fcf64f59b462394b00b328409773.png

A rotation RM

image.thumb.png.8b865918bfb6c400c9c28e7eebe61777.png

History is being made :cool:

2 hours ago, The7Striker said:

History is being made :cool:

This save is something else! Cristina 03b actually played the whole game against Hungary, so its not even like they are just depth on the team. So much for that 'improved AI Managers', selecting 2nd Tier Luxembourg amateur players for national team inclusion 

image.thumb.png.06c3a98067a4ba4df814fda924361159.png

Edit: The U18 isn't as spectacular as he's literally the only real player on the team. But still begs the question why just him? My LB is also Portuguese & U18 and plays just as much but wasn't taken. However the U19 my player is 1 of 4 based in Luxembourg. Progres and the other two are top flight sides that get the Conference league positions.

image.thumb.png.ec8cbacceeaaa1a88aa39ed3f9b7c4ca.png

Edited by WhiteCat33