The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

You can't sign U18 staff , can't delegate it to your DoF or something.

You can't ask your assistant or Hoyd about training updates (u18) or let them arrange friendlies . And you can't move players from A team to U18 team , once a player is in your senior team , he can't be moved.

Think I'll give that one a miss!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a holiday test in Belgium: nothing changed.. Still very bad finances @darren1983 maybe something you can add as a warning in the OP ? Bug(s) in Scotland and Belgium.

I'm going to continue my Berchem save from the beta but the red figures are a big big issue.. i'm hoping for a good takeover.

11 minutos atrás, OlivierL disse:

Did a holiday test in Belgium: nothing changed.. Still very bad finances @darren1983 maybe something you can add as a warning in the OP ? Bug(s) in Scotland and Belgium.

I'm going to continue my Berchem save from the beta but the red figures are a big big issue.. i'm hoping for a good takeover.

I belive they will send an update out in a few days. Hope they fix it.

4 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

I belive they will send an update out in a few days. Hope they fix it.

Did they give any feedback that they will do that ? Since Scotland is reported since FM20 and Belgium since last year.. i really think this won't be fixed.

4 minutos atrás, OlivierL disse:

Did they give any feedback that they will do that ? Since Scotland is reported since FM20 and Belgium since last year.. i really think this won't be fixed.

Not really. But since this year a lot of people reported, maybe they can fix it.

1 minute ago, aldojags said:

@benrollothat's some conveyor belt u have there, some crackin players produced

Cheers! Somewhat cynically I tried to pick a country quite high up on the youth ratings, and that combined with exceptional recruitment/coaching has paid off! The real challenge is keeping hold of them

Well @Makoto Nakamura seems I'm diving down a little deeper when I return to Luxembourg

image.thumb.png.5e2a81d43a6bd1d852a2dc30f3db3106.png

First game of the season our Best striker tore his cruciate ligament and was out for a full year in the first pre-season friendly again 

image.thumb.png.474d8c88c09598fb106a6ba4c7834bd1.png then we lost our second striker to poaching as he wouldn't accept our non-contract offer. That and a couple other rotation players left us thin on talent. Let's just say those 16 year olds couldn't cut muster.

Back to England I go!

17 hours ago, glennuk said:

Indonesia reset date is around the 1st June this year (That is not exact). I was holidaying and it was sometime between 26 May and 2nd June

Also forgot to mention, but there are load of teams to choose from, as the Indonesian second league went from 22-30 teams :o

So somebody up there really does not fancy me as my hard drive decided to die and I cannot really recoup my Nitra save. So time to (re)start again. They say 3rd time lucky. For this attempt of not being bad at the game I shall pick a team somewhat closer to me as in I was born less than 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) air distance from their stadium (or 34km/21 miles on road). Also I shall be using the editor to change the name as the team got a different name starting with 2016 which is not reflected in the game and I shall provide evidence that is the only thing I am doing. @darren1983 time to bother you again: am I eligible for the challenge? I will do it regardless of eligibility but it would be nice to have my name (and the teams one too) on the list.

Proof of real life change:
Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACS_Foresta_Suceava
Flash Scores: https://www.flashscore.es/equipo/foresta-suceava/4frVUGHF/

Editor changes:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae0cddf0d071a7797e9755772e9fd7fe.png

In game:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a1ec0beceaa25b24d2dfbfd9805af147.png

And the team (I shall do the sim until it is available tomorrow, same for kits and badge):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ced689c26f732ba0f1403d7cb70cfdd3.png

Edited by Ice029

image.png.379d42ac05e2f8fa3c3f08540913e78a.png

Never in all my seasons have I had a run like this.....

We were not having a good season anyway, but we went and lost all of our last 7 league games.  Last game of the season we lost 0-2 away at an already relegated side.  The team below us in the relegation playoff spot beat already champions away to leap frog us...

Relegation Playoffs, we take a lead (undeserved) and then got hammered at home but only lost 1-2.  2nd leg, we inexplicably turned up for work for the first time in 2 months!  Survived, but what a complete lost season that was.  Write up will have to be tomorrow night, as I cannot revisit that again right now! :D :D

8 hours ago, benrollo said:

No idea why I can't ask to get the youth facilities upgraded again - not sure if anyone can shed any light on that?!

it's a new bug/feature they introduced last season. It's to do with a hidden attribute of your chairman to do with their attitude to youth. all you can do is either change his rating in the editor or hope and pray for a takeover with a more youth friendly chairperson.

it was a huge game-breaking feature/bug for a lot of us last year, it's really frustrating.

5 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Trying a new continent after two fails in England.

Apologies @hubwubjust noticed you're at Tampico as well.  Was hard to pass off the 3,500 ticket holders compared to 650 at Tecos

1582931127_2022-11-08(4).png.cfb481cc81aacd8d6b7fe2b6efeb3a12.png

Nothing to worry about! I like it that more people are playing in North America aka Mexico in terms of this challenge.

46 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

it's a new bug/feature they introduced last season. It's to do with a hidden attribute of your chairman to do with their attitude to youth. all you can do is either change his rating in the editor or hope and pray for a takeover with a more youth friendly chairperson.

it was a huge game-breaking feature/bug for a lot of us last year, it's really frustrating.

ahh damn...its still there? I was wondering wh I cannot upgrade

they really do not fix any issues do they

4 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

ahh damn...its still there? I was wondering wh I cannot upgrade

they really do not fix any issues do they

I understand that this is a bug but overall its not a part of our challenge and real life :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

Thanks for the reply @libbyshuss, much appreciated. That's a real shame, but I guess it becomes part of the challenge!

I am going to start fresh just to ensure I can add club options. Busy one with work today but I'm sure I can fit some planning time in!

17 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

27th for Poland doesn't allow you anymore to generate new teams at start.

I wanted KKS Kalisz but let's try with Kotwica first run :)

image.png.61f7915a8b8a0e9adac0ffe74d7fe523.png

image.thumb.png.6f4c6fc9d25924bf3273c01fef5c01f7.png

Did you save before, or after the playoff final? If you save after the playoff final, you won't get the option to change your teams. I had to reload to get Motor Lublin for my save.

12 hours ago, Ice029 said:

So somebody up there really does not fancy me as my hard drive decided to die and I cannot really recoup my Nitra save. So time to (re)start again. They say 3rd time lucky. For this attempt of not being bad at the game I shall pick a team somewhat closer to me as in I was born less than 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) air distance from their stadium (or 34km/21 miles on road). Also I shall be using the editor to change the name as the team got a different name starting with 2016 which is not reflected in the game and I shall provide evidence that is the only thing I am doing. @darren1983 time to bother you again: am I eligible for the challenge? I will do it regardless of eligibility but it would be nice to have my name (and the teams one too) on the list.

Editor changes:

Reveal hidden contents

In game:

Reveal hidden contents

And the team (I shall do the sim until it is available tomorrow, same for kits and badge):

Reveal hidden contents

That's a proper annoying bug and no shock they've not fixed it but unfortunately we have to have a blanket ban on the editor even if it's as simple as just changing the name. Sorry. 

17 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Yeah could be helpful. As far as I know the bugs are finances in Belgium being a mess and U18's in Scotland don't work as you can't hire staff or move players between the squads right?

2 hours ago, JLAB said:

Did you save before, or after the playoff final? If you save after the playoff final, you won't get the option to change your teams. I had to reload to get Motor Lublin for my save.

Guess after :D

12 hours ago, Ice029 said:

Editor changes:

Reveal hidden contents

In game:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

You could use an lnc file to change the name of the club, like some of us do to tag our newgens. It's nothing to do with the editor, just overriding the name the team uses.

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

We have a 21 000 seat stadium, now the board has taken up a massive loan to build new 17 000 seat stadium.............. 

Guess its not just France that has its stadium decision making messed up

Em 08/11/2022 em 13:07, fries disse:

Well done. But I think you have to "document" your achievements with season updates in the thread.

Mostly, because we like to follow each other's adventures.

EDIT: I can see you posted this in the 22 thread. I don't know if that counts.

oh i see, what a shame then! no problem, maybe i'll do it again and document it here, i had a blast!

5 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

I was trying to clean up backups/dead saves and I deleted my Redditch save. It's gone. I don't have the words to express how much of an idiot I am.

Can you not recover it through your PC's recycling bin? If not, that is absolutely gutting!

17 minutes ago, HenTheChicken said:

Alright so full 2032/2033 season update is coming soon but i just got an incredible intake, personality wise its iffy but Alex Foden looks INCREDIBLE

image.thumb.png.cc5e70243adf7b050d9eb1aedf34d1fd.png

image.thumb.png.4261cc6b4cc5bd3ec3a80be9d86e2d47.png

image.thumb.png.1de987b05594c892fa63883d8fb9d1ad.png

Joe Rogers here is immediately going to be a starter, we're lacking defensively and this is what we needed!

ahhh pc crashed a bit after this but i had a semi-recent save so stars are all the same and stuff, thank god.