The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

48 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Congrats on the trophy @BigJack, man I can't wait till I join you getting out of this division.

Cheers. Im happy to have done it 3 seasons quicker than on fm22, but if we lose Fallon and Hollis we are going to be in for a struggle. So it could be a good thing to not go up too soon.

Edited by BigJack

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of Season 3 and didn't go well!

image.png.2a93d82657fc29b110ffdffca49f7237.png

Not a happy squad..

image.png.e5c91f63adcc2292cc4e5919f314d93f.png

Will be a hit if I lose Lars Kastet, as he developed well in the past season:

image.png.9c4841c0befc68a958c8a115712c0f4e.png

And Kasper Bern similarly did well, however Kastet has a relegation release clause and now has several clubs interested, so that will be an inevitability I think.

New youth intake looks promising though.

image.png.0cea497b8908f9d59c505004c02a616c.png

Ah well, promotion challenge it is then..

Ah, sacked. I see. I thought as I'd selected Div 3 as playable maybe there was a chance it continued. Alas.

What happens when you get sacked?? Start again... gah...

Edited by russ the womble

4 hours ago, OlivierL said:

How do get along with the lack of U19 team? Do you have to 'bid' for youth intake players or do you always have the first option ?

No no, everyone gets their own players in the intakes. It's just that some teams have a joint U19 and everyone contributes with some players to said team U19. Or at least that how it was in FM22, I have not given any players to U19 yet and I do not think I will in a future cuz I got the sack and I need to start from scratch.

And @Braumillerhas just raised the bar again. Who knew I would learn what an infographic is this week and realise I need them in my life!

I was checking out some of the free sites and am looking forward to trying to create one of my own. They are such a great way to share the key info. I think my writeups will be one liners from now on.

Next time, anybody gets an upgrade to either:

• Training Facility
  • Youth Facility
  • Junior Coaching
  • Youth Recruitment Network

Can you check if you are actually getting deducted for these upgrades in your expenditures tab in finances? Post screenshots.

39 minutes ago, hubwub said:

• Training Facility
  • Youth Facility
  • Junior Coaching

Can you check if you are actually getting deducted for these upgrades in your expenditures tab in finances? Post screenshots.

I saw you're earlier question but couldn't read the text in the link.  Also im not sure if this relates just to FM23 (i'm still on FM22).

Unless I'm mistaken you should see an immediate reduction in balance for both facility upgrades, while the coaching and recruitment are essentially increases in monthly operating costs.  Junior coaching would be paying for more/better junior coaches and recruitment would be paying scouts of juniors (at least that's my take on it).  I'm not playing FM at the moment but I think there is an outgoings row for academy or youth costs, or something like that.  I think that one should reflect youth spend.

50 minutes ago, hubwub said:

• Training Facility
  • Youth Facility
  • Junior Coaching

Upgrades to training facilities and youth facilities will definitely impact your finances. 

I will check the other two when I get home today.

17 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

Logo.png.c297f9db06bd6fc6b0a3784b9674e8a4.png

Season 5 - 2027/28

National League North - 8th

1128038165_Table5.png.36a721a5a74784e58f87707e8e41bf58.png

An excellent season, which saw us rise from mid-table to a chance at the play-offs once we got an influx of players from the intake. A few more games with them and I reckon we'd have snuck in, but next season is very promising. Cups were very disappointing, knocked out of both against National League opposition early on- that's affected our finances as prize money really keeps us afloat. We struggled with goals, evidenced by the fact that my winger was top scorer with 11. This has been a theme for the entire save though, have been desperate for a striker.

Star Players

Kieran Boucher - GK - One of the few legacy players still hanging on. Captain and player of the season.
Lamar Mackey 27a - AMC - Goal contributions are still lacking, but he's developed incredibly well.
Leighton Allard 27b - DM - Plays as a BWM(De). Dirty, abrasive and does the unfancy stuff in the middle.
Lamine Camara 27d - AMR - Was AWFUL for the first 25 games, but grew into the role. Developed well.

Youth Intake

We were promised a 5* intake in December.

525049627_IntakeProper5.PNG.74373b83789f94aa2b9b16ebc02fa34d.PNG

FIVE STAR CA HOLY MOLY. Six of these players went straight into the first team. Graeme MacFarlane is actually GOD TIER. My current striker scored 6 this season, so this guy was immediately retrained as an Advanced Forward. He's already wanted by Burnley.

20221101171523_1.thumb.jpg.aac63a0502b1c5e704357f64ce428e0d.jpg

20221101171527_1.thumb.jpg.bcca74839f55ef5c930aa0cd3bc3b46e.jpg

20221101171534_1.thumb.jpg.c50fd0abbc03953ee109068f49460eeb.jpg

Next Season

Make the most of MacFarlane because I can't see him being here for long I did tie him down to a 2 year contract + 2 in my favour, but I KNOW the board will accept a low bid for him. Play-offs is the goal for sure, we're getting a solid team now - the last 2 intakes were of a much higher quality.

1496812332_Record5.thumb.PNG.0baa780f93c465a58488c8954375cd5e.PNG

OMG McFarlane

I haven't seen a player that good at that level for 600+ seasons!

Kaf Sin Kaf

Season 24/25 (2) - 1. Lig

cAMjg9k.png

Transfers / Players 

You guys have been showing such awesome info I needed to join you and cam up with the overview above. Great season in 1. Lig. We managed to get into playoffs again..so In theory we could have back to back promoted, but we lost in playoffs sadly. Just not good enough yet. With maybe 2-3 seaosns more I recon we could be. We had some amazing players breaktrough into the first team. AKDENIZ the best regen of last seaosn grew in half a year into 4 stars so I had to star him as center back at just 16 years old. ÇALIS and ARSLAN (year 0 regens) broke through into the first team and now both at 4 stars too. While KOSUKAVAK on the wing back is getting there.

We managed to increase the Youth recruitment twice and teh coaching once so hopefully we will be getting even better youth intakes. Our training facilicisties did degrade so that is a pity.

Training degrade / Junior coaching increase / Youth recruitment increase / Youth recruitment increase 2

Youth

TFlQt4B.png

Not a bad intake. 2nd year in a row 15 players from Izmir. again 4 4,5 star potentials. A goaly while not needed yet could come in handy. The two midfielders and another wing back will def have a chance for first team within a seaosn or 2. Best two out of the bunch;

cgZHGPJ.png

TURAN. Good personality in F. Prof. A bit small but could become a great box to ox with alot of training. But with his Determination and work rate I think he will get there.

Ctr2fw6.png

GABEL. Decent goaly talent. ok Handling but needs work. His work rate does worry me.

1 minute ago, russ the womble said:

I haven't seen this before - I have no senior GK and the two youth GKs it states the following

image.png.1b0b16a732ae960dd0d769fcd5554c67.png

So I can't register any GK for a full season. Is there a reason why registration is usually not allowed for a season?

they probably got suspended in real life for using maybe illigal substances...check their profile there should be more info there.

16 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

they probably got suspended in real life for using maybe illigal substances...check their profile there should be more info there.

There's nothing to suggest they're banned, just states they are unavailable, and 'isnt going to be registered'. They have FT contracts, 19/21 years old, been there for several months, Turkish nationality. And it has happened to BOTH goalkeepers and no one else!

Edited by russ the womble

3 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

There's nothing to suggest they're banned, just states they are unavailable, and 'isnt going to be registered'. They have FT contracts, 19/21 years old, been there for several months, Turkish nationality. And it has happened to BOTH goalkeepers and no one else!

in that case I do not know...I did not have that issue while playing in Turkiye

5 hours ago, hubwub said:

You are looking in the right spot It just isn't instantaneous.  Over time you'll notice a higher monthly spend in the "Youth Setup" section you highlighted. The cost ramps up as your reputation increases as well as your scouting range. So even if you max out the sliders at a low level when you're still just scouting your nation it won't bankrupt your club.

Over the Summer and start of this season I bumped my JR Coaching from Good to Excellent (+2) while not changing the recruitment range. It's April now and by the end of the season it will easily cost me 3x more for my Youth Set up this year.

image.png.f463759f87e19fd41ff0ad1e5cf38f17.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Not detailed above is that my top scorer up and retired. He scored 75 goals in my two seasons, so hopefully someone steps up to replace him. Only goal is to not get relegated, which I think it manageable. There's a fair amount of young talent from the last two intakes so if some of those guys take off then there's a good chance we'll be back pushing for promotion again. Otherwise I can see making the cut for the top group but not being close to the top 4 spots.

He didn't actually retire. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rather than playing I have been messing about with free infographic sites and have cobbled this together.  Anyway, time to play some FM!

For anyone interested, I made this on Adobe Express (free).

Spoiler

Infographic-1.thumb.png.a3e164ea1a9f90cedd789751fedd5065.png

21 minutes ago, Reiver said:

cYlabyK.png

So I heard we're now playing Infographics Manager now.

It's a wrap at my first season in charge of Barreirense, and we very nearly grabbed a sneaky promotion. While on one hand it's amazing we managed to nearly beat 4000-1 odds, and we did it with the team that got promoted last year, I'm almost glad we didn't, as that would have made next year a huge struggle. When the team was on a high we played great, but all it took was for one of our key pieces to be uninspired for everything to fall apart. At one point we managed only 4 points out of 7 consecutive games! We rely possibly too heavily on Bruninho to win us the games - he scored 23 goals and was the top goalscorer of the whole league, our second best goalscorer 4 - and we suffer on his off days. Furthermore, he's now 34, so I need to think of football beyond him.

Moneywise, things are also not amazing, though not too worrisome yet. There is some interest from Vit. Setubal in my playmaker (the one 4.5* rated player in my team) though I doubt I'd be able to make some money off that, and I'd rather keep him. Let's see what next year brings us!

That is so clean, I love it!

50 minutes ago, Reiver said:

cYlabyK.png

So I heard we're now playing Infographics Manager now.

It's a wrap at my first season in charge of Barreirense, and we very nearly grabbed a sneaky promotion. While on one hand it's amazing we managed to nearly beat 4000-1 odds, and we did it with the team that got promoted last year, I'm almost glad we didn't, as that would have made next year a huge struggle. When the team was on a high we played great, but all it took was for one of our key pieces to be uninspired for everything to fall apart. At one point we managed only 4 points out of 7 consecutive games! We rely possibly too heavily on Bruninho to win us the games - he scored 23 goals and was the top goalscorer of the whole league, our second best goalscorer 4 - and we suffer on his off days. Furthermore, he's now 34, so I need to think of football beyond him.

Moneywise, things are also not amazing, though not too worrisome yet. There is some interest from Vit. Setubal in my playmaker (the one 4.5* rated player in my team) though I doubt I'd be able to make some money off that, and I'd rather keep him. Let's see what next year brings us!

I really love this ! the only thing that i don't like about infographics is the history. i really like to see what someone did in his first seasons , how much season tickets you had in the first year and twenty years later. But this looks really nice !