The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

1971814067_Season1Overview.thumb.png.4ffb886d16ce0518c0533bfb0433cf9a.png

Really enjoyable first season and particularly pleasing to find a counter attacking formation that works really well with the players I have.

It appears that the issue about not being able to play in the same league as my affiliate club, Lugano, was not an issue as the link was terminated upon the start of the new season, so FC Chiasso are a fully fledged Swiss Super League team!

Trying a different format with the season review but will still provide some of the other details in spoiler sections below

Supporter Profile

Reveal hidden contents

287530532_S1_SupporterProfileChanges.png.52b71fa91886ac27e1d4b69d566fa2ca.png

I was happy to see that the supporter profile not only changed but the changes were reported. Following promotion it looks like the social media presence increased a little and there were some fluctuations within the categories of the supporters (given I have no kids that might be why the family percentage dropped as the manager is not a family man!)

Youth

Reveal hidden contents

First intake in FM 23 was pretty decent with 2 players who I ended up using at the tail end of the season

396441553_S1_Youth-Report.thumb.png.18d38280e23f1c0f19a87d9b80692f88.png

2066557897_S1_Youth-Nuzzi.thumb.png.a7486dec17d75988c6704faf8a2613f6.png
With Nuzzi's professional personality he has already taken the left wing slot (slight change in formation as I previously had an inverted winger with overlapping wingback) and his attributes are already on the rise.

94015932_S1_Youth-Capone.thumb.png.584fff221488c5f9d144e00f040d5444.png
Capone is a solid addition to the backline as I really only had 2 centre backs that are good enough, the backup was fairly sub-standard.

1132414212_S1_YouthOrigins.thumb.png.2b322090186bc186fbba038ac50afb9f.png

627374045_S1_YouthDetails.png.88518be1d5e005263a120667aa69d132.png

Players

Reveal hidden contents

Nivokazi as can be seen from the season overview was the main man however 9 of the 11 this year were 7+ average ratings.

You can see from the numbers that the team relies heavily on assists from crosses and goals from the two centre forwards (not sure why it has Nivokazi on the right there as he played on the left as a poacher whilst Manicone was a DLF on the right). I expect this to be my formation for the foreseeable until I get some more technical players in central midfield from the intake.

98421293_S1_BestEleven.thumb.png.80b4264f7e3b2c3c4479b46f21b00daf.png

On a side note, how are others getting the real pictures for the regens?

I had a look at the output of the NewGan filter and the resulting file is in a different format so I'm assuming its a case of wait until the FM 23 version is available or manually find the images you want to use for each regen and update the config file.

Mate, you've just raised the infographic bar. That is amazing, no need for a write up anymore 

11 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Mate, you've just raised the infographic bar. That is amazing, no need for a write up anymore 

Thanks.

I wanted to take a bit of time to rework the season reviews to save time in the long run (hopefully), hence the long time for the first season update (that plus lack of playing time again but looking into getting a steam deck to get the brunt of each season done on there).

11 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

Sold my first youth player to Stabaek for £1500 with a 50% sell on clause, instantly valued at £65k and loaned back to me for the season - nice player!

image.thumb.png.ef8844ac3cc2b00c86d207e899918cbd.png

That sell on clause hopefully comes in big! Sadly, you can't loan back players in this challenge though :(

13 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

Sold my first youth player to Stabaek for £1500 with a 50% sell on clause, instantly valued at £65k and loaned back to me for the season - nice player!

Nice one, but you can't use him. Loaned players are not allowed.

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

1971814067_Season1Overview.thumb.png.4ffb886d16ce0518c0533bfb0433cf9a.png

Really enjoyable first season and particularly pleasing to find a counter attacking formation that works really well with the players I have.

It appears that the issue about not being able to play in the same league as my affiliate club, Lugano, was not an issue as the link was terminated upon the start of the new season, so FC Chiasso are a fully fledged Swiss Super League team!

Trying a different format with the season review but will still provide some of the other details in spoiler sections below

Supporter Profile

Reveal hidden contents

287530532_S1_SupporterProfileChanges.png.52b71fa91886ac27e1d4b69d566fa2ca.png

I was happy to see that the supporter profile not only changed but the changes were reported. Following promotion it looks like the social media presence increased a little and there were some fluctuations within the categories of the supporters (given I have no kids that might be why the family percentage dropped as the manager is not a family man!)

Youth

Reveal hidden contents

First intake in FM 23 was pretty decent with 2 players who I ended up using at the tail end of the season

396441553_S1_Youth-Report.thumb.png.18d38280e23f1c0f19a87d9b80692f88.png

2066557897_S1_Youth-Nuzzi.thumb.png.a7486dec17d75988c6704faf8a2613f6.png
With Nuzzi's professional personality he has already taken the left wing slot (slight change in formation as I previously had an inverted winger with overlapping wingback) and his attributes are already on the rise.

94015932_S1_Youth-Capone.thumb.png.584fff221488c5f9d144e00f040d5444.png
Capone is a solid addition to the backline as I really only had 2 centre backs that are good enough, the backup was fairly sub-standard.

1132414212_S1_YouthOrigins.thumb.png.2b322090186bc186fbba038ac50afb9f.png

627374045_S1_YouthDetails.png.88518be1d5e005263a120667aa69d132.png

Players

Reveal hidden contents

Nivokazi as can be seen from the season overview was the main man however 9 of the 11 this year were 7+ average ratings.

You can see from the numbers that the team relies heavily on assists from crosses and goals from the two centre forwards (not sure why it has Nivokazi on the right there as he played on the left as a poacher whilst Manicone was a DLF on the right). I expect this to be my formation for the foreseeable until I get some more technical players in central midfield from the intake.

98421293_S1_BestEleven.thumb.png.80b4264f7e3b2c3c4479b46f21b00daf.png

On a side note, how are others getting the real pictures for the regens?

I had a look at the output of the NewGan filter and the resulting file is in a different format so I'm assuming its a case of wait until the FM 23 version is available or manually find the images you want to use for each regen and update the config file.

Great graphics !

Newgan filter is working for me, already used it . only had to change the graphics location.

53 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

A better and allowed solution is to postpone the transfer date to after the season instead of a loan back.

13 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great graphics !

Newgan filter is working for me, already used it . only had to change the graphics location.

Did you have to alter the filter at all?

I tried to use the file saved from the filtered players but it complained it wasn’t in the correct format, I inspected it and the table was completely different. Maybe I did something wrong somewhere along the lines, thanks for letting me know, I’ll try and sort it out later.

3 minutes ago, russ the womble said:

Argh forgot about that rule! What do I do with my save?!

I actually had the exact same thing happen in my Elverum save 2 years ago haha. I believe the response back then was to leave him in your reserves/don't pick him, or go back to an earlier save depending on when that was!

7 minutes ago, benrollo said:

I actually had the exact same thing happen in my Elverum save 2 years ago haha. I believe the response back then was to leave him in your reserves/don't pick him, or go back to an earlier save depending on when that was!

Will roll back to July then, bit annoying but I don't think anything else major has happened so not a big loss. Cheers.

wG8IqCV.png

2024/25 Midseason Review:

5w3GB2z.png

Started off with only 1 point in the first three, but made a tactic switch and since then only lost two matches. We wind up with a fair amount of 0-0 & 1-1 draws though. I still think we're good enough to finish in the top half when the group splits and again be pushing for a promotion spot even if we don't get promoted.

xjs5HPe.png

Still no immediate needs, so any good players to add to the depth or challenge for starting spots is welcomed.

All this talk about a player being loaned back after being bought, I am tempted to end my Tampico Madero save. I forgot that I wasn't suppose to play the player after they are loaned back. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 minutes ago, bjwphneb said:

Question regarding scouting: Does everyone set their budget to zero and simply not have any scouts? Or does an improved scouting network improve youth intakes?

No. I don't have it set to 0 because I use my scouts to scout the opposition. Right now, I have two in which their priority is to scout opposition.

7 minutes ago, bjwphneb said:

Question regarding scouting: Does everyone set their budget to zero and simply not have any scouts? Or does an improved scouting network improve youth intakes?

I keep one scout for oppositions. When I have loads of money I get in all I can to get scouting knowledge far and wide IN CASE it impacts intakes...

So question, how did we figure out it was the 28th that the holidays for the England save is done? Is it based on the day before the playoffs final for the Championship which is the 29th of May?

Edited by JLAB

This is gonna be a long save.

First season update which I forgot to... update.

Transfers in: none

Transfers out: my 3 best player. Or at least 3 of the best 4.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6ea8359109da56fefc922a0046b402bd.png

Needless to say, the season was not great but we survived and we got our first intake which had 3 elite talents and some good ones, nothing to write home about just more squad depth for the next one when another 4 of the best players got poached by other teams (will update once this season is over)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0b6c0753a482dc8a4cca9ba374dbe66c.png

Best player of said meh intake:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7dc06bf3e0952dcddafceb32a3199113.png

Edited by Ice029

Season 3 is in the books for me and I will work my way through to league reset day when I grab some info and put my end of season report together.

I may have found an issue, but currently not sure if it is a club/finance issue or a bug.  Could potentially affect us fairly drastically, but I will see if it resolves when our cash influx comes in with club membership payments.

(I cannot offer new contracts other than non-contract currently, I believe because we have just crossed over into debt for the first time.  My wage bill is way under budget, something like 600 out of 2,400 p/w.  Thankfully all seniors are under contract that are needed, but my new youth intake all look to be on youth deals which will roll into non-contract deals when they turn 17....  The worrying part is that this is probably the last season where we will have our heads above financial waters for part of the year, before being permanently in debt :( )

@Neo_Geo that infographic is brilliant!  My season 3 one will be in the same style as my seasons 1 & 2 (due to being lazy and just editing info), but I need to look into stepping my game up! :D

58 minutes ago, JLAB said:

So question, how did we figure out it was the 28th that the holidays for the England save is done? Is it based on the day before the playoffs final for the Championship which is the 29th of May?

I think the reset and save dates are done by trial and error, at least that's how I do it for my saves.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I think the reset and save dates are done by trial and error, at least that's how I do it for my saves.

Alright, I'm going to test out for the 29th May because of the Championship playoffs and test it out from there. If it does allow a change of teams, I'll give you guys a heads up.

Also, I'm not starting the YAC until the 8th, I'm just making a video for research.

Edited by JLAB

1 minute ago, JLAB said:

Alright, I'm going to test out for the 29th May because of the Championship playoffs and test it out from there. If it does allow a change of teams, I'll give you guys a heads up.

Also, I'm not starting a YAC until the 8th, I'm just making a video for research.

Yeah, if you find other dates or such, just tag Darren and he will update the op.

2 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

England is the 29th? At least it was for me. Then holiday until the 25th.

For England I usually save on May 25th, since then I can just select "in a month" and save time on selecting the date....

1 hour ago, Ice029 said:

This is gonna be a long save.

First season update which I forgot to... update.

Transfers in: none

Transfers out: my 3 best player. Or at least 3 of the best 4.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.6ea8359109da56fefc922a0046b402bd.png

Needless to say, the season was not great but we survived and we got our first intake which had 3 elite talents and some good ones, nothing to write home about just more squad depth for the next one when another 4 of the best players got poached by other teams (will update once this season is over)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0b6c0753a482dc8a4cca9ba374dbe66c.png

Best player of said meh intake:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.7dc06bf3e0952dcddafceb32a3199113.png

How do get along with the lack of U19 team? Do you have to 'bid' for youth intake players or do you always have the first option ?

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

@Neo_Geo that infographic is brilliant!  My season 3 one will be in the same style as my seasons 1 & 2 (due to being lazy and just editing info), but I need to look into stepping my game up! :D

I lied.....  Currently sat on a boring video conference on one screen, testing new Infographic ideas on another.... :D :D 

So, I've made a video explaining what the Youth Academy Challenge is and I'll be linking the forum thread in the description of the video. I've been showing people the forum posts when I've been asked about it in the past, so I thought I'd just make a video explaining what the challenge is and how to set it up in England (since it's the most popular nation in FM) and showing how to get new teams if they didn't get the team they were looking for at first.

Just wanted to give you a heads up before it gets made public tomorrow.