The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The7Striker said:

Since @Sn00gle and @XaW created a list for Poland and Norway, I decided to join the party and make for Portugal:

Sp.Espinho - Not what we call a fallen giant but Sp. Espinho did make a few good runs back in the 90's. Doing regular appearances in the 2nd tier and winning it back in 1992. Unfortunately since 1996/97 they dont join the top flight. So can you guide "TIGRES DA COSTA VERDE" back to the big boys league ?

Sacavenense - You probably know this club for the players that produces. José Fonte and João Pahinha are two of them. For this level they have nice facilities, can you produce the next wonderkid ?

Futebol Clube Barreirense - It was a big fall for this club. Long time ago Berreirense was a good club, playing in the 1st tier, reaching Taça de Portugal late rounds and even playing the old Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. But those times are gone, can you bring them up ?

Moura / Mineiro Aljustrelense -  This two clubs are more for the reagion they belong to. Since 2000/2001 season the top flight doesnt have an Alentejo club. Can you end this run ?

Interesting challenges:

Lusitânia dos Açores (Azores) / Caniçal (Madeira) - If you fancy to try Youth Challenge in an island, you can try to produce the next Pedro Pauleta in Azores or the next Cristino Ronaldo in Madeira.

Portugal was a lot of good clubs for this challenge but this ones look very interesting to me. Hope you enjoy :D

I would add Louletano, and Oriental to the list. 

2 hours ago, The7Striker said:

Since @Sn00gle and @XaW created a list for Poland and Norway, I decided to join the party and make for Portugal:

Sp.Espinho - Not what we call a fallen giant but Sp. Espinho did make a few good runs back in the 90's. Doing regular appearances in the 2nd tier and winning it back in 1992. Unfortunately since 1996/97 they dont join the top flight. So can you guide "TIGRES DA COSTA VERDE" back to the big boys league ?

Sacavenense - You probably know this club for the players that produces. José Fonte and João Pahinha are two of them. For this level they have nice facilities, can you produce the next wonderkid ?

Futebol Clube Barreirense - It was a big fall for this club. Long time ago Berreirense was a good club, playing in the 1st tier, reaching Taça de Portugal late rounds and even playing the old Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. But those times are gone, can you bring them up ?

Moura / Mineiro Aljustrelense -  This two clubs are more for the reagion they belong to. Since 2000/2001 season the top flight doesnt have an Alentejo club. Can you end this run ?

Interesting challenges:

Lusitânia dos Açores (Azores) / Caniçal (Madeira) - If you fancy to try Youth Challenge in an island, you can try to produce the next Pedro Pauleta in Azores or the next Cristino Ronaldo in Madeira.

Portugal was a lot of good clubs for this challenge but this ones look very interesting to me. Hope you enjoy :D

17 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

is the Cape Verde team still a possibility?

Yeah, Africanos Bragança should also be available and a nice, but perhaps a bit more well known, option.

34 minutos atrás, the_hdk disse:

is the Cape Verde team still a possibility?

Yes. In the test I made, they got promoted.

@Reiver good point, I will add them too along side Naval (despite is a hard one to get promoted) and Africanos.

Edited by The7Striker

Alright, going to simulate in Holland and see what happens. If there's no promotion/relegation in 10 years, then there's clearly a bug after SI themselves mentioned that there was a 5 year gap before it came into affect.

3 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Alright, going to simulate in Holland and see what happens. If there's no promotion/relegation in 10 years, then there's clearly a bug after SI themselves mentioned that there was a 5 year gap before it came into affect.

In real life there will be no promotion/relegation in the next 5-10 years. The KNVB has decided this in June 2022. So it could be that SI has removed the promotion/relegation at all.

23 minutes ago, Winski said:

In real life there will be no promotion/relegation in the next 5-10 years. The KNVB has decided this in June 2022. So it could be that SI has removed the promotion/relegation at all.

sad for us as I really like to play in my home country :)

6 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

sad for us as I really like to play in my home country :)

Yes, such a shame. Unbelievable that we are almost the only country where you can’t get relegated from the 2nd division. I love playing in my own country, I always have a save with my favorite club Cambuur. But it looks like we can’t do this challenge for the next 5-10 years in The Netherlands :(

34 minutes ago, Winski said:

Yes, such a shame. Unbelievable that we are almost the only country where you can’t get relegated from the 2nd division. I love playing in my own country, I always have a save with my favorite club Cambuur. But it looks like we can’t do this challenge for the next 5-10 years in The Netherlands :(

And is that  because it was postponed in real life?

1 hour ago, Winski said:

Missed this. Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, hubwub said:

spacer.png

CDS Tampico Madero - Liga BBVA Expansión MX - 2023/2024

CLUB: PROFILE | FACILITIES | HONOURS | BOARD VISION | SUPPORTERS | FINANCES

MANAGER: CHARACTERISTICS | ATTRIBUTES

We've done it  and won Liga BBVA Expansión MX Torneo Clausura! That's a double!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jhon Miranda was a goal scoring machine that made this double possible. He scored 51 goals over the course of the 2023/2024 season. NEVER LOST EVEN IN PLAYOFFS IN THE SECOND HALF.

Tactics / Best XI

spacer.png

The XI stats.

Youth Intake and System

spacer.png

I'm not fond of getting 3 Low Determination and 3 Unambitious Players. I guess the trade off is that I got two Professional players.

The future of my team is with Guillermo Valdéz 24A, Carlos Flores 24B, and Moisés Benítez 24C.

spacer.png

The progress of Jordi Rocha 23C is amazing.

spacer.png

Miscellaneous

68IfFnl.png

This was my transfer window during the 2023/2024 season, I lost Jonathan Pérez to Chivas after my board president shopped him around during the winter transfer window. My finances are healthier with his transfer. He was loaned back which I was thankful for. Even before he got regular playing time in my XI, Omar Vidaña had secured himself a free transfer during the winter transfer window.

spacer.png

Guillermo Valdéz 24A is a beast. It's like you won the lottery with a player like that early in the save. Fingers crossed you can hold on to him for a while.

33 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

1671162744_Dorchbadge.png.1ba20d2de33193f768e1a3befda34187.png

Dorchester Town FC - Season 2 (2023 / 2024) Review - Vanarama National League South

League Performance

Wow, I did not see that coming - we are promoted as champions! With 3 of my key players in Thiago Cazé (34), Jennison Myrie-Williams (36) and Tom Soares (38) all getting well beyond their prime I had expected a drop-off in league performance and was hoping to finish in the top half. Instead, they all managed to raise their games despite their physical attributes completely dropping off. Sadly this is the last we will see of Soares and Myrie-Williams, and I will particularly miss the latter as he has been so good, even making it to the favoured personnel section of the club info!

We started unspectacularly, only entering the playoffs by game 13. But then we went on a crazy run and from game 27 onwards we remained top of the table and barring a late drop of form we could have hit 100 points.

However! Our youngsters coming through simply aren't close to required standard of the National League. I tried playing an XI of nearly all players from my previous 2 youth intakes in one of my final games of the season at Braintee, and we got completely outplayed and beaten 3-0. I think Soares can be replaced by our new youngster Noel Kessié (Y2) or Ethan Duffus (Y1), but Myrie-Williams' attacking output going to be so hard to replace. Either Faton Hysa (Y1) steps up or I will be forced to change formation from what has been an incredibly good style for us. Fortunately, the board only expects us to fight bravely against relegation next year, so hopefully I should be allowed to continue if / when we come back down!

1334576661_leaguey2.thumb.PNG.3b1ec20eedd056061c97c3077ba559ae.PNG

FA Cup - Made the 1st round by beating Maldon & Tiptree, Corinthian Casuals, and Eastleigh. But then got a rubbish draw away to Ebbsfleet and we lost 3-2.

FA Trophy - Easy draw to Wantage Town followed by a very hard to Southend (3rd round) who beat us 3-1 at home. 

Squad - Here you can see why I am worried to lose the old guard, as only Roy Welsh (Y1) and Shayne Haines (Y0) have proven yet that they can perform to the same consistent standard. Bertrand continued his progress and is becoming more important, whilst Harley Wilkinson deserves a mention for keeping a league highest 22 clean sheets. MJ Kedman is now looking more dangerous in front of goal too.

127730080_squady2.thumb.PNG.2a5f437f530063c98062dbe4afa1ef88.PNG

Players of the Season

1. Alfie Stanley - Scored 19 goals and got 9 assists (his exact same record as last year) but has really improved his hold up play and is our most important player now.

2. Jennison Myrie-Williams - We will really miss Jennison! He easily could have given us 1 more year but he ends his career on a high.

3. Callum Buckley - Gives us an attacking threat down the left-hand side.

1286913106_stanleyy2.thumb.PNG.ae8834890de3b11bcae6b1415f345e1e.PNG  1854365003_jmwy2.thumb.PNG.0beb80e117e6458b4c13da160cd89216.PNG  265827237_buckleyy2.thumb.PNG.640692390125a6e9ebe8d896fc4046d6.PNG

Rookie of the Season

Roy Welsh - A solid season where he mostly played at right-back even though I had planned for him to be a centre-back. He will probably stay as a right-back now as we have Scott Ford coming through who looks good also.

1385579516_welshy2ypofty.thumb.PNG.3f6f2599b9dbaa54d6f2020061015989.PNG

Youth Intake - A really nice intake with better personalities, and a handful of players that could become first-teamers! Qudus Gilmore looks like he could reach the highest level with his professional personality and looks perfect for my tactical system with 2 IWBs. Scott Ford could be a centre back or a BWM, but maybe lacks the work rate to be a BWM. And then we have finally another striker to compete with Alfie Stanley - the brilliantly named Jesmond Micallef, who looks quite good.

460031885_yi2024.thumb.PNG.f15987c73f59d8418d39f1eadfc334e6.PNG

2017316539_qudusgilmoreyi.thumb.PNG.413af22112cb13b19b1055b66660b44c.PNG  60049856_scottfordyi.thumb.PNG.a07f0872531d69c4f7ad6fdc241fd5c9.PNG  1858292218_micallefyi.thumb.PNG.e520d5d3bf5b71bfa6c0afa91475cb27.PNG

Transfers - Nothing to show.

846895189_transfersy2.thumb.PNG.db0f4915dc14c88f3361b2ec2365d24e.PNG

Finances - Steadily improving all the time but still not enough for the board to improve our basic youth facilities!

1235322317_financesy2.thumb.PNG.7d6ebd3910bc6e16f3b2bd6515469538.PNG

Other Updates - I got my National B coaching license, and currently doing the A license. Starting to get interview offers from League Two clubs! Junior coaching and youth recruitment both upgraded but the improvement isn't visible yet for junior coaching for some reason. Our board now allows us to have 5 first team coaches, which is great!

League Finish History

Y22/23 - VNS - 7th - 75pts,   Y23-24 - VNS - 1st - 92pts

Facilities 

Training Facilities - Average,     Youth Facilities - Basic,     Junior Coaching - Average,     Youth Recruitment - Average.

Average league home attendance & Number of Season Ticket Holders

Y22/23 - 468 (104),   Y23/24 - 507 (113)

Our pre-season odds and the nearest other team's odds... This is not going to be an enjoyable season :D

image.png.53424c7c81f3920bd802fba705bb0d79.png

Edited by schnauzer

4 minutos atrás, Tommo_ disse:

Thanks for the advice guys, thinking of a couple of teams to start this challenge with. 

Blackburn Rovers or Tromsø.

Two good teams but they are not for this challenge, Im sorry. 

You need to pick an unplayable team.

4 minutes ago, Tommo_ said:

Thanks for the advice guys, thinking of a couple of teams to start this challenge with. 

Blackburn Rovers or Tromsø.

Umm... This challenge is for previously non-playable teams, so both of those teams are ineligible for this challenge.

YtNcoEx.png

FC Barreirense

Changes and First Impressions

2 December 2023, Campeonato de Portugal Série D

First things first. I was able to sort out the contract issue I was having, I simply offered all players what they wanted, then changed their actual playing time commitment after they signed the deal. Only a couple of layers moaned about it and in those cases we were able to get through the moaning after talking to them, so that was a big relief. That left me with this squad:

iGL2QLz.png

I believe the whole contract thing comes from the same place as our odds of 4000-1 of winning the league, with only two teams in our Series with worse odds. The issue is our reputation being quite low, because this is a team that can very easily achieve midtable and with some luck, a good moment of form and good momentum actually fight to qualify to the Promotion Stage. Our biggest con is one that can easily be seen: we only have one right back. So until we have our first  youth intake, I actually have a couple of players (one of the DLs and one of the AMRs) training as a right back just in case. The biggest pro in the squad is our starman, João Bandeira, which we are using as our creative outlet from the midfield. We are currently playing in a 4-3-3 formation, looking for the right moment to use our creativity and speed to be deadly on the counter attack.

So far, it's been (mostly) very effective:

9dda72c927b79bb6de6111d13e5745a8.png

We started very well - a very positive pre-season against teams roughly at our level, including a 6-2 bulldozing of a third tier Spanish team (we are currently a fourth tier Portuguese team). We had a draw on our first game in the league, and then our worst game of the season result wise - the Portuguese cup gave us a non-league team in the second round (after we got a bye in the first round). They scored from a 0.01 xG free kick in the first chance they had, and they finished with 0.04 xG, but if you can't score you won't win...

Then everything came into place and we just kept winning, with our striker Bruninho being our talisman. The only loss (against hilariously named Rabo de Peixe [Fish's Butt] was the only game where we weren't clearly the best team on the field. This leaves the league like this:

ab68634af6de2e7a295169c1fd35f0fe.png

We are surprisingly up there in the spots that take us to the promotion stage, and we already played against two of the top teams.

Now, while there were no changes in the squad, for obvious reasons, I have kind of overhauled the training squad. First of all, a new assistant manager. At this level, there is the need to have an assistant manager that is actually good at training and a bit of a jack of all trades, and I found that in Tiago Barreiros. I also goa some better physios and a decent scout set to give me reports on the next opponent. Most importantly though, I have hired a brand new HoYD in Juvenal Brandão. With 16 Working with Youngsters, having 4-3-3 DM Wide as his preferred formation and being Professional, he's all I can ask for and more at this level. Let's see what the rest of the season gives us!

Edited by Reiver