The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, XaW said:

Since @Sn00gle created a big list for Poland, I thought I could do the same for Norway, so here are a few clubs I think could be interesting to play in this challenge.

Lyn Toppfotball - A bit of a fallen giant of sorts. They went bankrupt in 2010 and folded before they were reforged at a lower level and has slowly worked their way up. They've struggled to take the last few steps up into the realm they think they should belong at.

Follo Fotballklubb - They might not be that interesting to everyone, but they are my local team, and I've tried this challenge with them several times, never finishing it. An interesting tidbit about them is that they reached the final of the Norwegian cup back in 2010, beating teams like Lillestrøm and Rosenborg to get there. They were, and are, a part time club, so if they had beaten Strømsgodset in the final they would have entered the Europa League while going down into the 3rd tier, as they go relegated from the 2nd tier the same season.

Eik Tønsberg - Fallen giant is a bit over an overstatement, but the club was a regular top team back in the day, only finishing 2nd as their highest place in the top tier. They are also from Tønsberg, the 10th biggest city in Norway, and the biggest without a top tier team!

Fotballklubben Senja - A club located far to the north of Norway, and on Norways biggest island Senja. I could have mentioned any of the teams from the far north, but I think the fact that they are located on the biggest island in Norway makes them stand out a bit extra.

There, those are the teams that stand out most to me as possible teams for the first season in Norway. No foreign investors or anything like that here, as all sporting institutions in Norway are owned by their members and the boards are elected, so no sugar daddies to be found here.

we shoudl add both lists to first posts to help newcomers to the challenge choose a club :) (and others want to (re) join

Have added both sn00gle's and XaW's posts to the OP as well, if anyone else has some local knowledge of teams then feel free to post them and I'll add them as well.

Also it's crazy that the game isn't even really out yet and we're on page 8 - have no idea why this challenge is so popular but it's great seeing so many enjoy this style of playing FM. 

Just wondering because there was some changes in Polish league and now Second Teams are able to play in 1st League which means that potentially this will make less teams promoted to choose so might be that you need to make some more reloads in game. I don't know if that was implemented in fm23. Same as bonus for playing youth players now is changed. Now teams must play designated time over season I believe 5k minutes to fight for bonus and if you dont reach it you will have to pay fine depends of how much minutes you are missing. There are 3 lvl's of such fine. 

I believe they still dont fix it as it was in FM22 but in Poland Winner of u19 league is playing in young Champions League but in FM22 the Winner of top team is sending their u19 team to that competitions. I think that is small but might have nice effect on your youth development.  

Are we able to check this in beta?

Edited by Sn00gle

2 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Just wondering because there was some changes in Polish league and now Second Teams are able to play in 1st League which means that potentially this will make less teams promoted to choose so might be that you need to make some more reloads in game. I don't know if that was implemented in fm23. Same as bonus for playing youth players now is changed. Now teams must play designated time over season I believe 5k minutes to fight for bonus and if you dont reach it you will have to pay fine depends of how much minutes you are missing. There are 3 lvl's of such fine. 

I believe they still dont fix it as it was in FM22 but in Poland Winner of u19 league is playing in young Champions League but in FM22 the Winner of top team is sending their u19 team to that competitions. I think that is small but might have nice effect on your youth development.  

Are we able to check this in beta?

well  might be good if someone can test it. in my few seasons I did not see any B team promote to Liga 1.

17 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

As long as they don't fix the finances in Belgium it's impossible.

Very good list! In Italy you also have Chievo Verona that reloads sometime, but they seized to exist irl, so i think its a databug. But they have decent facilities etc. for this challenge. 

Sacked and relegated at Mirandela in our second season. It came down to the last couple of games and we fell short. Kind of stings to go down with a -1 goal difference suggesting we weren't that bad, but the table doesn't lie. Gonna have another crack at it maybe in Sweden. I'll have a look around and see what feels right.

sacked.png.0e25b1ae382bf710fdcd81c08142cdb4.png

1708351107_finaltable.thumb.png.4f44613c031e44334867ddc60d8333bf.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

This challenge is just the best way to play FM! :D
Also, I think it helps that we have a nice and friendly tone here where we focus more on helping each other, rather than directly competing against. Just my thoughts, anyway.

Got to agree with that, this thread is superb. Everyone loves seeing how each other are getting on and supporting each other

Edited by Padders

Now for somewhere completely different.  I am not sure if I have ever managed in Switzerland so here we go.

Club Introduction

FC Rapperswil-Jona

FC Rapperswil-Jona - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

tqKOezN.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Adequate          Adequate              Excellent        Average            National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Schweizer Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Have added both sn00gle's and XaW's posts to the OP as well, if anyone else has some local knowledge of teams then feel free to post them and I'll add them as well.

Also it's crazy that the game isn't even really out yet and we're on page 8 - have no idea why this challenge is so popular but it's great seeing so many enjoy this style of playing FM. 

For me the scouting and transfer system is still sorely lacking.

Appointing staff, using what you have in front of you to get a tactic that works, the continuous and single minded drive towards improving facilities then the potluck of the intake......you can't beat it in my opinion.

Update 2a; Because it’s awesome….

Sant Andreu: A Dutch manager in Barcelona

FrgR_F2XsJwmA3BHIs0NILG2zxuXOUCPcWKaAzwiodXSaGUoR4OqrGqOS2HTqEnSLob4vTY9OQERSW-YS5_VSlfg-ONfLi78JS8i6i1g0QgxsaWfeVf0YqynRJYEDXtTlp65N64u9KS9cpiqBnR-_qo5kYVxmNryNf_OpihMtrwcQM4sLlIVpRiepg

zD1ubmFM8XLn_MszVFY96GQFJ9_8bpm0pDXSFbWOiHr3NS12Us4GJGqhWNBiPB2lDKOcefLYqpG4kTBneVRulbf3zZn9kHkQEaq0Svnz9fUgpkWn8j8s9yjUkxbiQukiyAQ8mfRKLB4f0QmnKYsYTa3R4gmirKB6AHehZ5dX1QIp3ynwtxWYD-iWwQ

“Go out and enjoy”

Wow, the honour….

3o2E_gZQcsARMS-n2aM49cfUkOFHePQ11zWWrNlLvuSnOHSllixSqfNVvR6Fy_G9CIkC2CIaI_2apGFgKagOyeqVcvb5q9yHKz8XKzuyYLcmfn0MhnTuOAEl-VR-foU3cdcmIrNELMjVnTV8JKUWE-s27Jfei0UgQLVa-HC1Nf4tzLDehmO87nWp1w

We go to a natural grass pitch as well, thank god. 

c1Uf5BVdmwz5PS8JS90YijZQbOFzOjUHjeCbOk0pwXWapBdS5W_I-wG2uca9XuyOUD7UdOeWkVohQnv8Xx14JZbRJXZ_brgm3UiHsdm62A0gdjrkDzzFyudo1l5qemYkY7S2P_S4cYKHJFyIQev32Lzw-TmdSrZgdVNk7Lew0V62S7diSYnUu7xrJw

@Ray46 i also enjoy how the limitation actually makes you think about who the 'best worst option' is during these early seasons. I've had the same CD dilemma at Guiseley with this season being the first (and last for a while) where I've had two players who'd actually choose to play at cb.

I played almost entirely youth only last cycle, and this thread is a big contributor. Great niche community 👏 

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Now for somewhere completely different.  I am not sure if I have ever managed in Switzerland so here we go.

Club Introduction

FC Rapperswil-Jona

FC Rapperswil-Jona - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

tqKOezN.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Adequate          Adequate              Excellent        Average            National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Schweizer Cup        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm always excited to see people trying Switzerland to see if it's just me who sucks lol

After starting one of these before with Worthing and not getting very far (in my defense, my ticker exploded and I was hospitalised for 5 months, unrelated I'm sure!), I think I'm ready to give it another bash now. So, without further ado:

1629010455_2022-10-2811_19_54-FootballManager2023.png.6f494e4124a9df989fffd88146fbe6c2.png

Belgian new boys Diegem Sport have announced the appointment of untested newcomer Antoine Lechef following their promotion to the Belgian third tier. Situated in the suburbs of Brussels, they'll no doubt struggle to keep their best and brightest from the clutches of Anderlecht and Racing White, despite boasting impressive facilities for their standard.

116497474_2022-10-2811_21_42-FootballManager2023.png.87782e5e809c5fc5549d513a09790d54.png

The board are not expecting too much of their new man...

2098691421_2022-10-2811_22_30-FootballManager2023.png.ea1a2b92465add7bdc1f4020c4beabdd.png

... which is probably just as well!

1280536672_2022-10-2811_54_12-FootballManager2023.png.5932ad640bdd65995b7ce40900977d60.png

1164977498_2022-10-2811_56_13-FootballManager2023.png.1a7a496c7bf90821b5a9a24ecc7665f9.png

Keeping the fans onside shouldn't be too much to ask as I could fit most of them in the garden for a BBQ

614967257_2022-10-2811_41_41-FootballManager2023.png.d684d1901ccee26d6b44c663b8d3622b.png

The squad size was a decent 33 players before six departed prior to the new season beginning, either having pre-arranged transfers or simply refusing to sign new terms. With 7 of those still here being 16 or under from the previous youth intake, the 20 remaining seniors will be stretched to the limit. Predicted to finish 16th out of 18 teams, and thus automatic relegation, we'll have to see what the paper-thin squad can achieve. It doesn't help that the season's league opener is against the Bruges NXT side who are an astounding 92/1 ON for the title. Luckily the squad make-up allows for a choice of tactics within reason, though the centre midfield looks worryingly sparse.

Onwards and upwards!

K._Diegem_Sport_logo.png.007e6dd647c806c562e84b803a30b855.png

1 minute ago, VinnyChilds said:

After starting one of these before with Worthing and not getting very far (in my defense, my ticker exploded and I was hospitalised for 5 months, unrelated I'm sure!), I think I'm ready to give it another bash now. So, without further ado:

1629010455_2022-10-2811_19_54-FootballManager2023.png.6f494e4124a9df989fffd88146fbe6c2.png

Belgian new boys Diegem Sport have announced the appointment of untested newcomer Antoine Lechef following their promotion to the Belgian third tier. Situated in the suburbs of Brussels, they'll no doubt struggle to keep their best and brightest from the clutches of Anderlecht and Racing White, despite boasting impressive facilities for their standard.

116497474_2022-10-2811_21_42-FootballManager2023.png.87782e5e809c5fc5549d513a09790d54.png

The board are not expecting too much of their new man...

2098691421_2022-10-2811_22_30-FootballManager2023.png.ea1a2b92465add7bdc1f4020c4beabdd.png

... which is probably just as well!

1280536672_2022-10-2811_54_12-FootballManager2023.png.5932ad640bdd65995b7ce40900977d60.png

1164977498_2022-10-2811_56_13-FootballManager2023.png.1a7a496c7bf90821b5a9a24ecc7665f9.png

Keeping the fans onside shouldn't be too much to ask as I could fit most of them in the garden for a BBQ

614967257_2022-10-2811_41_41-FootballManager2023.png.d684d1901ccee26d6b44c663b8d3622b.png

The squad size was a decent 33 players before six departed prior to the new season beginning, either having pre-arranged transfers or simply refusing to sign new terms. With 7 of those still here being 16 or under from the previous youth intake, the 20 remaining seniors will be stretched to the limit. Predicted to finish 16th out of 18 teams, and thus automatic relegation, we'll have to see what the paper-thin squad can achieve. It doesn't help that the season's league opener is against the Bruges NXT side who are an astounding 92/1 ON for the title. Luckily the squad make-up allows for a choice of tactics within reason, though the centre midfield looks worryingly sparse.

Onwards and upwards!

K._Diegem_Sport_logo.png.007e6dd647c806c562e84b803a30b855.png

I wish you best luck but don't forget that Belgium have a big financial bug at the moment.

Has anyone started this in Scotland?

I believe there's a relegation/promotion playoff between L2 and the Highland Football League

I'm 3 seasons holidaying in and the L2 team has won every time :lol: I guess save scumming it is the easiest way around it?

15 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I believe there's a relegation/promotion playoff between L2 and the Highland Football League

I'm 3 seasons holidaying in and the L2 team has won every time :lol: I guess save scumming it is the easiest way around it?

It's honestly the way to do it, making sure the L2 team doesn't win the match so you can take over the team coming up.

Edited by JLAB

2 minutes ago, JLAB said:

It's honestly the way to do it, making sure the L2 team doesn't win the match so you can take over the team coming up.

3rd year was the charm, Brora Rangers made it into L2 but I'm DQed from the challenge

I'll start it up with the full game proper 

19 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

3rd year was the charm, Brora Rangers made it into L2 but I'm DQed from the challenge

I'll start it up with the full game proper 

Save on last day of season (6 May 2023 for this year) and holiday for one day.  If you like the team in the playoff, scum save until they win.  Otherwise repeat.

43 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Don't want to be a party pooper but don't forget that some teams in Scotland have issues .  Make sure you check if your team if one of the unlucky teams.

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Don't want to be a party pooper but don't forget that some teams in Scotland have issues .  Make sure you check if your team if one of the unlucky teams.

Oh great!! This is just a warm up anyway :thup: Will hopefully be fixed for release 

4 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

So promotions and relegation in the 2nd tier of the dutch league are suspended for for 5 seasons. :(

Oh wow. That's a lot longer than expected. Wonder what changed.

31 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

So promotions and relegation in the 2nd tier of the dutch league are suspended for for 5 seasons. :(

Are you sure it's that long? Both the English and the dutch wikipedia - which to be fair isn't the best source, mention it's only up to the end of the 22/23 season.

Agora, Reiver disse:

Are you sure it's that long? Both the English and the dutch wikipedia - which to be fair isn't the best source, mention it's only up to the end of the 22/23 season.

I reported to SI and they said it was a rule change. :(