*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

39 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Do you have compiled data to back up this claim? Does every team in your save have an harder time winning on the road or just you?

People I've talked to, including myself, say the difference between all teams in away games and home games is too big.

He also said his team lost the away match even though the opposing team had two sent off. This is not realistic at all.

Several people have said similar things to me.

Edited by zzkeg27

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Just noticed the main FM twitch streamers, in FM23 Beta week, are ALL playing other games now! 

Now if that doesn't give you confidence, i don't know what will!! 

I think they are waiting for the full release like we all are. I am also waiting for the editor to make some adjustments.

Hopefully the update to full game will be out monday night

Just now, andu1 said:

I think they are waiting for the full release like we all are. I am also waiting for the editor to make some adjustments.

Hopefully the update to full game will be out monday night

Ben just quit the game after some pretty bad animations and decisions by his defence 

17 hours ago, janrzm said:

I've got 5.7hrs recorded on Steam for FM23. I've not started any form of save just played around. For the first time ever I have zero desire to play at all. I had already made my mind up that I wouldn't get into a proper save until after the Christmas update but now I think I'd be genuinely surprised if I even do that.

I'm past the point of being able to refund but I certainly would have, something else I've never felt before despite buying every iteration of this game since 92.   

I'm used to underwhelming releases, bugged betas, historical neglect of certain game elements but I can't put my finger on what's happened this time, i just feel that ignoring this version is the right thing to do. The nature of the game used to leave me thinking that if you missed a release or two you could struggle to get back into it as it's so involved but to be brutally honest I think I could drop out for a decade and still recognise most of it on my return.

You know, I think I've realised that I'm actually more in love with the idea of this game and what it could be than I actually am in the game itself. Sad times.

Easily done, I got a refund after 30hrs of play, just explained my reasoning and Steam agreed to refund me. I want it to be a success and maybe they'll fix the number of issues and then I'll purchase it later in the year or next year. Gone back to FM22 for now. 

Everyone in here micro analysing tiny aspects of the game and working themselves into a shoot.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. Even if its stagnated its still one of the best value for money games ever in existence.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, b.sinisa said:

@Peter Taylor any word on fixing transfer and wages bug when all the time players/teams accept lower value and wanting x3 times wage and transfer fee from you?

For clarity, my area of the game is design (specifically text). Please report all bugs in the usual way:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/

4 minutes ago, elt said:

Everyone in here micro analysing tiny aspects of the game and working themselves into a shoot.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. Even if its stagnated its still one of the best value for money games ever in existence.

And there is the problem. Why fork out money for it if it has stagnated?

6 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

And there is the problem. Why fork out money for it if it has stagnated?

Because youre not buying the potential product you have in your mind of what it could be if it wasnt "stagnated", youre buying a product u can get 100s of hours of entertainment from

1 hour ago, elt said:

I was watching work the space last night and seeing gks just rush out of goal then just stoping, letting the attacker through on goal multible times isnt micro analysing tiny aspects.

Or if you go and watch dr benjy’s vod from today starting from 2:41:30, nothing happening in that 30 minutes of ingame time is tiny aspect of the game.

i paid 15$ for csgo 10 years ago that is great value for money but buying fm22.5 isnt great value for money.

1 hour ago, BamBamBam said:

Just noticed the main FM twitch streamers, in FM23 Beta week, are ALL playing other games now! 

Now if that doesn't give you confidence, i don't know what will!! 

Yep, the hype seems to be dying out very fast. A real shame. :(

Well, nothing in here gets ignored, even if it doesn't get a direct response from SI staff. And we mods VERY rarely hide stuff here, unless it's users who have been asked to take discussions elsewhere, or if there are abuse or the like. 

If you don't want to "waste your time" giving constructive feedback, then I suggest this to be your last post in this thread, since that's the actual idea here and your post will probably have very little impact since, you know, you don't give any reason for your choice. That said, if you don't enjoy the game any more, I'd suggest playing something else, or just doing something that you enjoy more.

21 hours ago, BamBamBam said:

But people are agreeing with him, so... 

Sure, but it's anyone's guess as to why, since he don't give any reason. I dunno, can't read anyone's mind.

In defence of the mods, any criticism of the game is not removed and it's in this thread.

The reason the game is in this state is the development cycle seems to be too short for the complexity that is the ME.

If I was head of SI I would probably increase the dev team for the ME ( probably also hire myself in that team :D) and to offset cost I would trim the fat at other teams.... because the heart and soul of this game is the ME (and the graphics, in 2022 you cannot sepperate the two )

But hey, this is just like my opinion (man) :)

47 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Despite the graphical talk of the game, one aspect of the game that is often overlooked is the audio. Added music to the Champions League has been a significant advancement in this area, but unfortunately, the atmosphere for such an event is severely lacking outside of the introduction. The audio in the game needs to be overhauled as crowd noise is very dull. This would be a headline feature that people would be interested in—improved crowd noise

Thankfully there is a audio mod, i know you don't like the commentary but it's ten tiimes better than listening to the dulll drone like neutral sounds embedded into the game to the point you have to turn the sound off because there is no point

21 hours ago, turgi said:

Quite amazing how every year it returns with issues that had been fixed before.

I want to ask people with more experience of game development. What is the issue in SI’s workflow that enables or increases the risk of this. The fact that even when an issue gets resolved you can’t take it for granted it’s gone for good has troubles me forever.

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Pathetic comment. Grow up.

Nothing pathetic about it at all. The notion that we must abolish gender-based pronouns is silly. I have no issue with referring to a male person (or a person who identifies as male) as "he", or referring to a female person (or a person who identifies as female) as "she". 

Edited by gunnerfan

22 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

I have no idea why have these guys even pre-ordered the game when they knew there will be no huge improvements and fixes. And then they brag about how they refunded the game. It makes no sense

I can’t speak for others but I can’t not reply to this.

Most people pre-order because it’s discounted.

Most people hold a not unreasonable belief that the game will at least improve and bugs may be addressed.

It is not a brag, it is letting the developer know the reason why. If you think the game is great I'm happy for you. Please respect my opinion in the same way and don’t attempt to belittle it with such terminology.

It makes total sense.

2 hours ago, Troels Jensen said:

Does this make sense? My offer (which was rejected):
image.png.99835d701cb29429ad6ec1a1976103e7.png

What he accepted:

image.thumb.png.2228915bcecc0dedbbf25214def6bc8b.png

Because:

image.png.b2414b616fc3d214dfc88cc2d1826681.png

Benefit how?

They have given him an extra year, a yearly rise and a percentage of next sale (and with a lower release clause which is more likely to be activated) which may have changed the overall package, and depending on who you are managing might have just tipped it in their favour, as I'm not sure if the financially benefit is refering to why they rejected you or just that it is the reason they moved from their original club.

Though if you have a save from before he made his final decision you can raise the issue in the bugs forum so it can be looked at.

48 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

A few posts have been hidden for the time being, pending further review 

I understand why you might choose to hide a post that highlighted how people could usurp Steams refund policy. However, I’m very disappointed to see my post hidden when all it did was respectfully outline my reasons for refunding.

1 minute ago, janrzm said:

I understand why you might choose to hide a post that highlighted how people could usurp Steams refund policy. However, I’m very disappointed to see my post hidden when all it did was respectfully outline my reasons for refunding.

Likewise. My last one was hidden also but I fully get why. You put it far more succinctly.

Edited by harrycarrie

I decided to take a refund on this version of FM for two main reasons: first, the defense is ridiculous in the matches I've played, and I used different teams with good defensive records for this; second, the feedback seems to indicate problems in the development of young players and my play style is to develop young players in long saves.  It is possible that I may revisit this decision in the future if there is reason to do so, but for now I'll continue with my FM 2022 save.

6 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Despite the graphical talk of the game, one aspect of the game that is often overlooked is the audio. Added music to the Champions League has been a significant advancement in this area, but unfortunately, the atmosphere for such an event is severely lacking outside of the introduction. The audio in the game needs to be overhauled as crowd noise is very dull. This would be a headline feature that people would be interested in—improved crowd noise

The crowd noise actually has become worse . Its another Post FM17 issue.  When scoring at home the crowd noise would erupt but when scoring away it was noticeably quieter . Now there is no difference at all . If any game needed to be refunded it was FM18 with the sub standard graphics and interface .Even when players kicked the ball the sound was out of sync . Im guessing once the female version comes it will change .

19 minutes ago, Sean h said:

It is squad depth but a more advanced version,  why do you think its a downgrade  ? I think it great because its easier to understand what players you need and what your squad will look like in a few seasons time 

As proven by Lollujo, any players on trial have to be, one by one, added to each individual position screen so you cannot automatically judge their worth v position. It is actually easier to narrow your squad screen down to GK, DF etc and compare there, which is the old school way.

Also if you ask your assistant to sort your squad depth screen, after you've spent 10 minutes adding in the trial players, they all disappear! Wonderful stuff and well tested.

However, on squad depth on previous versions, trial players appeared. So if you're a supremely low club relying on short trials and who to approach, prepare for arthritis in your mouse finger.

Also it doesn't exist for International Management, the one place it makes absolute sense.

Edited by harrycarrie

11 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

As proven by Lollujo, any players on trial have to be, one by one, added to each individual position screen so you cannot automatically judge their worth v position. It is actually easier to narrow your squad screen down to GK, DF etc and compare there, which is the old school way.

Also if you ask your assistant to sort your squad depth screen, after you've spent 10 minutes adding in the trial players, they all disappear! Wonderful stuff and well tested.

However, on squad depth on previous versions, trial players appeared. So if you're a supremely low club relying on short trials and who to approach, prepare for arthritis in your mouse finger.

Also it doesn't exist for International Management, the one place it makes absolute sense.

I can see how that can be a problem for players who bring in 30 trialist at a time.

1 hour ago, Longhorn said:

I decided to take a refund on this version of FM for two main reasons: first, the defense is ridiculous in the matches I've played, and I used different teams with good defensive records for this; second, the feedback seems to indicate problems in the development of young players and my play style is to develop young players in long saves.  It is possible that I may revisit this decision in the future if there is reason to do so, but for now I'll continue with my FM 2022 save.

Don't mention the "R" word....

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Im guessing once the female version comes it will change .

Why would it change then? What a bizarre statement to make.

Almost as bad as woke-gate up top.

As for sound, I can't recall playing the game with sound in the last ten years. Normally listening to something else.

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon

1 hour ago, Bosey82 said:

I don't really post on here, but I've been playing Kevin Toms Football Manager, Championship Manager and then FM. So mentioned for context as I've been around a bit. What I am always amazed at is how many people don't realize or have forgotten that this is actually a GAME, and not real life. And so many just don't seem to enjoy it, but consume themselved by analyzing and scrutinizing the hell out of it. Real football is full of bizarre stuff happening in it every weekend. So play the game, it's quite an amazing product and get fired up about serious matters.

Thank you! Good choice of words. I couldn't said it better. It seems for some this feedback thread gets turned in to a room where you can pickup a sledgehammer and mash some TV's :D. 

4 hours ago, Bosey82 said:

I don't really post on here, but I've been playing Kevin Toms Football Manager, Championship Manager and then FM. So mentioned for context as I've been around a bit. What I am always amazed at is how many people don't realize or have forgotten that this is actually a GAME, and not real life. And so many just don't seem to enjoy it, but consume themselved by analyzing and scrutinizing the hell out of it. Real football is full of bizarre stuff happening in it every weekend. So play the game, it's quite an amazing product and get fired up about serious matters.

Thing is in real life you can work on stuff like your center backs watching the ball go over their head game after game or gk just running out of goal, just stop and letting the attacker score. This happens no matter what level of player you have…

And also this is a thread named: *Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread.

Not feedback thread of telling people what to be passionate about or what to do with their time.