*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Ferocious289 said:

Just got home and installed the audio mod pack and it's unbelivable difference it makes to hear the ball ripping the net,stadium announcer and the crowd having chants along with actual voice commentary. Why can't this be standard in the game?

Can you link this please?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cougar Ric said:

It would be nice if when an International tournament was on that the fixtures and results would show. It's pretty dull during the 2022 World Cup and having nothing to do.

Go to settings, search for screen flow, and add it there :thup:

1 hour ago, Ferocious289 said:

don't think think, there use to be one with just chants for older fm versions but now they only do commentary packs

I can't find the no commentary file anywhere anymore. The commentary is awful IMO. bad enough the graphics are old, I dont want to hear the same lines over and over as well.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I can't find the no commentary file anywhere anymore. The commentary is awful IMO. bad enough the graphics are old, I dont want to hear the same lines over and over as well.

Well I usually play with no sound due to the generic sound in the game, so listening to commentary along with chants is better than nothing. And the full pack you don't get repeated lines

You can find the no commentary patch for fm21 on the same website it's still there but doubt it will work on fm23 without crashing the game.

Edited by Ferocious289

anyone having issues with the B team entering comps? 

I already had a B team at start of season, but not in any comp. Start of 2nd season i had a date entry of them being entered into a league however Autumn is nearly done and nothing in the B team fixtures.

unknown.png

will raise bug report, unless anyone can confirm if working or not.

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Can you link this please?

I use to use this for a while on FM20 but got sick of all the same commentary and the over lapping of voices. Unless there has been a better upgrade . I refuse to pay for anything because its not their game and feel they are profiting off it . Is there still a non paying mod .

42 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

Anyone else notice the annoying tendancy for fullbacks and wingers when there is a free man in the box instead of crossing it in straight away they turn/cutback and wait for defenders to swarm the box before crossing it in?

I've actually found that's been a little less prevalent in FM23, though my experience is with WBs rather than wingers.

I've seen some lovely quick crossing from my WBs.

I must try wingers at some point, but after the ability I am seeing from WBs I'm in no hurry.

I do think you should consider their ability to find the man in the box. Not trying to dismiss your point, because I have seen similar over the years in FM, but I suspect there is varying levels of what constitutes a free man in the box.

I have often wished that there was more range in instructions for wingers. Currently there is cross from byline and cross from deep. There is also get in early crosses. I'd like a simple instruction that tells a winger to get a ball in as quick as possible. From what I have seen of early crosses it is not quite the same thing. Quite often, in FM22, I saw wingers with acres of space take too long to deliver a ball and they are then blocked by defenders.

Edited by anagain

1 hour ago, anagain said:

I've actually found that's been a little less prevalent in FM23, though my experience is with WBs rather than wingers.

I must try wingers at some point, but after the ability I am seeing from WBs I'm in no hurry.

I do think you should consider their ability to find the man in the box. Not trying to dismiss your point, because I have seen similar over the years in FM, but I suspect there is varying levels of what constitutes a free man in the box.

I have often wished that there was more range in instructions for wingers. Currently there is cross from byline and cross from deep. There is also get in early crosses. I'd like a simple instruction that tells a winger to get a ball in as quick as possible. From what I have seen of early crosses it is not quite the same thing. Quite often, in FM22, I saw wingers with acres of space take too long to deliver a ball and they are then blocked by defenders.

Maybe these picture can help you

226298064_424DM.png.210dca6081a5ccdfbb00c2fe5f5db0c9.png

424dm have ball

802102277_442.png.a000f21ed1039fd1e8da0aa454f793dc.png

442 flat have ball

Edited by Aoyao

4 hours ago, anagain said:

Is it really so hard to get this player selection for youth teams window to stay up?

If I have my mouse over the window why does it disappear? This has been an issue for a number of FMs now.

image.png.5dd55b09674385235e003cdce076b8fa.png

I wasn't going to bug it, because I figured it must be known, but I will because it is such an annoying issue and really shouldn't still be a thing for the past however many FMs.

This is one of two really infuriating UI issues that have been in FM for many years.

1. The above window closes whenever it likes. However, if I click on a player's small profile window it is a right pain to get rid of. I find I have to mouse off the profile window and click on screen to remove it.

It is as if each different aspect of the UI has its own little personality.

2. Lists defaulting to top position when I move through screens.

The biggest expample of this is the fixtures screen. For some reason it always defaults to the start of the season so when I'm playing matches after Christmas I always have to scroll down to get to the matches I want to see. Then, when I click on a match, I go back after to find the fixture list is again at the start of the season and I have to scroll down again...

The window that is the subject of this post is another example. Every time the window closes it defaults back to the top player and I have to scroll down again...I get to the player I was on before the window closes...and the window closes again.

These are little things that I am sure could be fixed in next to no time at all. They are issues I have seen reported and have myself been mentioning for a number of FMs now.

Are they ever fixed? No. Surely they can't be things put on hold for the next FM. Even if there is some explanation for them happening, I have never seen it.

I love this game so much that little things like this are so infuriating. I believe SI strive for perfection, so why are little issues like this allowed to remain? Would a browser or word processor program allow little issues like this to persist? No, so why does FM?

It is always best not to assume that an issue found must be known and/or being worked on.  Sometimes issues identified in one version of the game may not have a high enough priority to be carried forward automatically and those are best to be reported again, with the relevant save games

18 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

Game needs a totally fresh idea for media or player interactions. Currently no jeopardy or obvious implication to your action.

I would borrow from grand strategy games and create clear, transparently communicated modifiers connected to your response to a question.

So, before games you get max one or two media interactions (quite why you need more I don’t know)

so, build up to cup final. Haaland’s out of form.

”boss, would you agree that your star striker is out of form?”

“yes, he’s out of touch and I have told him so. He needs to buck his ideas up” (50% chance you get “Haaland fired up”, all attacking attributes +0.5 for one game, 50% chance you get “head dropped”, all attacking attributes -0.5 for one game)

”nah, the lad’s okay, he’s getting in the right areas” (50% chance you get “arm around the shoulder” morale improves +1, 50% chance you get “don’t patronise me”, morale declines -1)

All of these modifier chances would vary depending on player personality etc. also, always option just to “spout cliche/no comment” and get no modifier)

This would be so much better!

If the game went down the path of explicitly outlining the changes like that, it'd totally break the immersion for me. The same thing with training. I prefer that they are somewhat opaque. 

I can't deny that the player responses need some work to make them more logical and less prone to overreacting though. 

2 minutes ago, albertluque said:

People have a lot of gripes with international football but how could you improve that?

that's my same question. Other than giving the ability to rest players I have no idea what could be done to make it better

6 hours ago, Ferocious289 said:

Anyone else notice the annoying tendancy for fullbacks and wingers when there is a free man in the box instead of crossing it in straight away they turn/cutback and wait for defenders to swarm the box before crossing it in?

Yep. I often found my Wingbacks in quite a lot of space, where they just need to hit the cross, but instead they try to dribble it or pass it. What I also found, that players are lacking, is the ability to cross the ball as soon as they receive it. Instead they always have to make extra touches, and by that point they've been closed down.

Don't know where I should post this, but Hannibal's teamwork and work rate need a huge buff. I am a Birmingham City fan and I haven't seen anyone with energy and tireless running like Hannibal since Robbie Savage. Currently both at 13 in game, should be more like 17/18

2 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Don't know where I should post this, but Hannibal's teamwork and work rate need a huge buff. I am a Birmingham City fan and I haven't seen anyone with energy and tireless running like Hannibal since Robbie Savage. Currently both at 13 in game, should be more like 17/18

Data Issues

[England] EFL (Championship, League 1, League 2) Data Issues - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

It is always best not to assume that an issue found must be known and/or being worked on.  Sometimes issues identified in one version of the game may not have a high enough priority to be carried forward automatically and those are best to be reported again, with the relevant save games

Im always wary of overloading the QA team at SI. There is an abundance in the community of people suggesting bug reports are ignored. I don't believe that for a second, but I do wonder if they have the resources.

I like to think there's someone at SI reading everything said in this thread but, mainly from comments, I wonder if that is true.

I do feel, however, that there are UI issues I mention, or see mentioned, yearly that never are fixed. Fixed is iterative because FM is changing all the time.

Im saying a lot about nothing really but I sometimes wonder if there's enough transparency in FM. I follow MMOs and see so much chatter and requests for feedback/discussion from devs. Then I turn to FM and feel that the only time we really see discussion is the release build up.

I just watched that FM23 roundtable and feel it even more so.

I know SI care enormously about FM but would love to know if UI issues would ever change. The big one for me has been QoL; the taking of notes in game and the loss of tools to see past conversations with players.

Just frustrating that I mention these things yearly and never know if there's ever a chance to see it resolved. But I just don't know if they're aware or even if they consider it an issue. Of course, they can't make promises but a simple "that could be fixed" or "we took out tools to view player conversations because". There are many games that give feedback on choices.

Probably rambled a bit there when the point was to explain why I debate bugging. :onmehead:

1 minute ago, anagain said:

Im always wary of overloading the QA team at SI. There is an abundance in the community of people suggesting bug reports are ignored. I don't believe that for a second, but I do wonder if they have the resources.

I like to think there's someone at SI reading everything said in this thread but, mainly from comments, I wonder if that is true.

I do feel, however, that there are UI issues I mention, or see mentioned, yearly that never are fixed. Fixed is iterative because FM is changing all the time.

Im saying a lot about nothing really but I sometimes wonder if there's enough transparency in FM. I follow MMOs and see so much chatter and requests for feedback/discussion from devs. Then I turn to FM and feel that the only time we really see discussion is the release build up.

I just watched that FM23 roundtable and feel it even more so.

I know SI care enormously about FM but would love to know if UI issues would ever change. The big one for me has been QoL; the taking of notes in game and the loss of tools to see past conversations with players.

Just frustrating that I mention these things yearly and never know if there's ever a chance to see it resolved. But I just don't know if they're aware or even if they consider it an issue. Of course, they can't make promises but a simple "that could be fixed" or "we took out tools to view player conversations because". There are many games that give feedback on choices.

Probably rambled a bit there when the point was to explain why I debate bugging. :onmehead:

I understand your position, but I would always say that it is better to post an issue and have the developers decide whether it is worth investigating, rather than perhaps assume that it is a known issue and it gets overlooked.

1 hour ago, balldoktor81 said:

off topic... the audio commentary pack makes the game so much more fun... add improved stadiums to that (god knows when...) and the overall experience would be amazing....

I’ll be getting the Peter drury commentary pack by Metz.  He’s just released the updated one for fm23 which I’ll get when I get the game on the 8th. Just can’t play the game without it. I’ve no idea how he does it but very impressed.  

I'm not saying anything other than coincidence, but this is the first time I have played since the minor update and man my team have fallen off a cliff! In 15 games I had only lost once and only conceded more than 1 goal in a game once, now I have lost 2 and drawn once in 3 games, conceding 2 in each of the games.....gulp!

3 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

I thought that topic was about FM23 feedback, not click-bait Youtubers. Anyway.

Amusing given how they often bat for SI.

They aren't even overly negative. The video and the points they raise are simply the ones being raised elsewhere. 

Best only stay on these boards if you want to avoid negatively over this year's release.

8 hours ago, anagain said:

Yeah it's very prevalent with wingers and it's very frustrating to watch as they did it in fm22 which I hoped they'd have fixed to some degree to make them more intelligent instead of dwelling on the ball waiting for defenders to catch up with them, or cutting back unneccesarily when there is a simple square pass to make in the box for an unmarked team mate.

I can overlook the lack of dribbling with flair players, but it's incredibily hard to overlook wingers continuously making stupid unrealistic decisions that no top pro would make in real life

There use to be and needs to be brought back an option for individual players instructions to whip in crosses first time

Edited by Ferocious289

12 hours ago, anagain said:

Is it really so hard to get this player selection for youth teams window to stay up?

If I have my mouse over the window why does it disappear? This has been an issue for a number of FMs now.

image.png.5dd55b09674385235e003cdce076b8fa.png

I wasn't going to bug it, because I figured it must be known, but I will because it is such an annoying issue and really shouldn't still be a thing for the past however many FMs.

This is one of two really infuriating UI issues that have been in FM for many years.

1. The above window closes whenever it likes. However, if I click on a player's small profile window it is a right pain to get rid of. I find I have to mouse off the profile window and click on screen to remove it.

It is as if each different aspect of the UI has its own little personality.

2. Lists defaulting to top position when I move through screens.

The biggest expample of this is the fixtures screen. For some reason it always defaults to the start of the season so when I'm playing matches after Christmas I always have to scroll down to get to the matches I want to see. Then, when I click on a match, I go back after to find the fixture list is again at the start of the season and I have to scroll down again...

The window that is the subject of this post is another example. Every time the window closes it defaults back to the top player and I have to scroll down again...I get to the player I was on before the window closes...and the window closes again.

These are little things that I am sure could be fixed in next to no time at all. They are issues I have seen reported and have myself been mentioning for a number of FMs now.

Are they ever fixed? No. Surely they can't be things put on hold for the next FM. Even if there is some explanation for them happening, I have never seen it.

I love this game so much that little things like this are so infuriating. I believe SI strive for perfection, so why are little issues like this allowed to remain? Would a browser or word processor program allow little issues like this to persist? No, so why does FM?

The story in general isn't it mate?

I think the negativity that surrounds FM is a build up of stuff like this that just simply should be fixed and just comes across as neglect that they are not.

There is a hundred other examples of stuff like this. For me the worst one is the player/squad/player search tabs, anything with columns is impossible to rearrange. Would this be difficult to fix? Yet it's been impossible to rearrange anything for every edition of FM.

All that stuff grinds away at the playerbase whilst getting more complicated features nobody really needs as a main feature this year. It's all very frustrating.

I have been saying for 4 editions of FM now that all I want is a UI / Menu overhaul with graphical improvements, and this edition seems to be really putting pressure on SI to put that front of the queue as the discontent is growing.

I have done work in UI/UX and if I presented the FM UI to them, they would laugh in my face and rightly so. It is completely cluttered to the point where they could get rid of half the stuff in the UI.

Edited by nb9

One thing that could really spice up FM is if figuring out a player's PA became much more difficult. Scouts are savants in the game, and that's not a realistic representation of real life. There are essentially two options here:

1. Make PA a variable amount. I don't think this is necessary, but it would help create more variance in player development.
  2. Make scouts unable to identify a player's PA beyond a huge band of uncertainty. I think this option is more realistic and would shift some of the optimal FM strategy away from acquiring wonderkids who your scouts have guaranteed will be elite players.