*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

Just now, (sic) said:

My scouting focus has literally been set to scout for a certain position, 3 stars quality minimum. That's it. No other specific requirements. Nobody comes through.

90% of my "scout reports" are actually agents offering/recommending their players.

Weird, I get plenty through usually

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minuti fa, Dagenham_Dave ha scritto:

Further proof that everyone plays differently. 

What I've found is that it's all about how you set up the focus. It's not like the old days where you could fine tune the exact specifications and still expect a ton of players to come through. Scouts are more reactive now, so if you are whittling the search down too much, you're not going to get a lot of responses, usually. Of course, that all still depends on the number and quality of your scouts and how many players you have loaded. 

It is certainly different to what it was before, but I've found it to be a really positive change once I worked out how to use it properly.

It's one of the things about FM though, there's next to no guides on how to use certain features, they just leave you to get on with it for yourself. I often think FM for a new player must be such a daunting experience. 

A huge thing is missing from scouting (or i’m so blind i haven’t found it after hours wasted trying to understand how to do that).

how do i tell my scouts where they have to be?

in my save they just hang out with no assignment until i create one and i have to manually select where i want them to look for that single focus.

so how is that different than past editions, of not a reskin that takes me the exact same time to “wire the world” like i want to, when i have a big enough scouting network?

Manual player search is still the mother of transfer windows for me. Can't be arsed with this new scoutning system when I sent my scouts to search for left back for Juventus with minimun 2.5 stars rating and he comes back with 5 players! Come on. There must be at least 50 left backs with 2.5 stars rating for Juve in the world,no?

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Weird, I get plenty through usually

It is weird, because it's such a contrast from FM22, where I used to get 50+ recommendations constantly. Which became too annoying to deal with after a while. So on one hand, I really do appreciate the change. 
On the other, it feels like it doesn't work properly. Though whenever I actually get a report, it is a decent player that I will consider signing, and not a random player I'll just discard, like in FM22.

On 23/10/2022 at 22:04, FrazT said:

Those settings can be changed in Preferences via the Skin Colours option and then select what you want to change and a new colour.

Skin is just football manager, colour blind mode gives you 3 preset options you can customise. 
Am I missing something? Haha

image.jpg

5 hours ago, angelo994 said:

I’ve also got issues with the scout report. The removal of the attributes to be “more realistic” is just baffling to me

You can just hover over the “I” in front of the players name to see the attributes. People complain about too much clicking and yet doing it this way you can see the attributes and the report in one screen.

i honestly prefer the way it is now but to each their own, I’m not trying to impose what I like on you 

6 minutes ago, DarJ said:

You can just hover over the “I” in front of the players name to see the attributes. People complain about too much clicking and yet doing it this way you can see the attributes and the report in one screen.

i honestly prefer the way it is now but to each their own, I’m not trying to impose what I like on you 

I understand what you are saying, but before the attributes were in one screen. Hovering over the “i” is another step. It’s not a big issue, but it is annoying imo.

Has anyone managed in Belgium yet? If so, is the TV money correct in this version? Last year, you only got little over 1M every year, regardless of which team you played, which is in no way aligned with real life. Belgium has a 100M+ TV deal, with the top earners getting somewhere between 7 and 10M annually. 

I actually flagged that here in several threads but never got an answer, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Has anyone managed in Belgium yet? If so, is the TV money correct in this version? Last year, you only got little over 1M every year, regardless of which team you played, which is in no way aligned with real life. Belgium has a 100M+ TV deal, with the top earners getting somewhere between 7 and 10M annually. 

I actually flagged that here in several threads but never got an answer, unfortunately.

I'm managing in Belgium, and to be honest, I can't remember even getting a news item about it. The prize money in the league is peanuts, so I assumed there had to be a separate TV deal. I'll have a look at the finances page when I load it up later on. 

EDIT - Just loaded it up there, and for the first season, league TV revenue was £1,281,025, and I'm manager Club Brugge

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

12 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Played a season and a half now and have so far been loving the game but that's not really a surprise because FM22 was the best version of FM they'd ever made and this is FM22.1 it's a patch for FM22 basically. Do I feel ripped off paying 25 quid for what is essentially a patch that updates squad and league data?. Because that's the only new thing I think I really needed. Seeing as all the new headline features seem a little pointless which I'll go through them all now and explain exactly why.

Squad Planner 

The headline "new" feature and I've used it once in 18 months of management purely to have a look at it, having played FM since I was about 7 or 8 years old and being 40 now I have for the past 33 or so years become very adept at just memorising everything about by my FM teams, I can't remember my wife's birthday but god damn I can still recall my great Sporting Lisbon Squad from the late 90's and as a result I have zero need of the squad planner which is basically just a reskin of the squad depth page but with extra clicks (a running feature in all of FM's features in recent years). So this is a pointless addition for me that just adds more clicks than the old system we had anyway.

Recruitment Revamp 

On one hand I love how this now works. I get far better results than I have ever gotten before and had one of the most realistic transfer windows I've ever had as my hometown team in all the years I've been playing this game. On the other it is a labyrinthine nightmare that took me two transfer windows to even work out how it worked. Plus it increases the amount of clicks I have to do. The old system gave poor results I found in terms of players found but was much easier to navigate. This has so many screens that themselves have multiple tabs, throw in the fact it's now not unheard of to get 90+ scouting reports to click through all at once, its so much clicking and information overload to the point I get bored and just end up skipping the entire thing and not really engaging with what is a much improved system results wise in players found.

Match AI and animations 

By far the best "new" feature of FM23 is the match engine which is once again a triumph whoever has taken over doing this the last few years give them a massive pay rise and a lifetime contract because the ME just keeps getting better and better each year in my opinion. The ME really does recreate the chaos of real football far more than older versions throw in the ne animations and its just a far smoother experience. 

Official UEFA licenses 

I'm managing in league one so have not used these at all and won't do for many months at this rate.

Supporter Confidence

In theory a great addition, in reality just as broken and immersion breaking as board confidence. We beat Sheffield Wednesday 7-1 away, I'm Barnsley our most hated rivals we hammered them 7-1 AWAY, they'd build statues to me, in FM however the fans gave the result a B- because I had rested two players who played well the match before. I'd also add I found this information totally by chance clicking around just after this result and have never returned. So again it's a nice touch but one I'll probably look at maybe once or twice a season and largely never touch.

Dynamic Timeline

An entirely pointless timeline of me signing youngsters apparently. After 18 months we have maybe two giant killings in the cup on it and 8 youngster signings, one favoured player sale, a record number of goals and the fact we thrashed Wednesday. Another feature I might give a quick glance at once a season (at the end of it probably) then never touch or think about ever again.

So am I disappointed I paid 25 quid for what is a largely pointless features patch with a data update, in short no because I know I will play this for hundreds of hours over the next year and FM22 was great so I'm happy they didn't baulk the ME somehow at least. But for someone who is a more casual FM player I don't see anything here that makes FM23 a must buy over FM22 at all.

(so far I haven't experienced any bugs that I'm aware of anyway)

Stopped reading at "We beat Sheffield Wednesday 7-1 away, I'm Barnsley" 😂

Great post. 

5 minutes ago, (sic) said:

See, that's not what I'm talking about. The players are great at running into space and cutting in without the ball. I'm talking about dribbling and cutting inside with the ball, trying to dribble and take players on. 

Fair enough, but careful what you wish for, because a player who can feint and dribble past multiple defenders will destroy formations, making it seem like whatever the defence, he will just feint past your defenders like magic.

Are you prepared to have the computer do that to your players too?

20 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Anyone else having trouble getting recommendations from new scouting focus?

Same, I think it's broken and I probably won't play a save till full release of before that when it's fixed.

Without scouting, I can't do any long-term save in 23 at all.

4 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Fair enough, but careful what you wish for, because a player who can feint and dribble past multiple defenders will destroy formations, making it seem like whatever the defence, he will just feint past your defenders like magic.

I mean, this isn't something new. It literally existed in the game a few years back. I'm really not sure why the players have suddenly stopped doing it.

But yeah, I'd absolutely prefer that, over players not being able to do it.

Edited by (sic)

7 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Not had much chance to play so far due to work.. But what is with the freezing/stuttering during a match?

FM22 runs smooth enough for me but this years edition is just Jittery as heck. Any idea why? 

Maybe because it's beta, I remember last year's beta was a bit laggy for me and since the official release it was running smoothly.

Transfer AI is terrible still.  Sold Donny Van de Been in Jan for 22m to Spurs. Spurs decide to sell him on for 12m 6 months later.

Its been an issue for years and such an important part of the game so its incredibly frustrating that it still terrible. Its a complex area to get right but that's their job.

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Transfer AI is terrible still.  Sold Donny Van de Been in Jan for 22m to Spurs. Spurs decide to sell him on for 12m 6 months later.

Its been an issue for years and such an important part of the game so its incredibly frustrating that it still terrible. Its a complex area to get right but that's their job.

You've no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

35 minutes ago, gggfunk said:

Maybe because it's beta, I remember last year's beta was a bit laggy for me and since the official release it was running smoothly.

Don't remember last years.. That's too far back :kriss:

I did just do an update.. So have rebooted and will try again. May be tomorrow though.

hace 1 hora, 2feet dijo:

Personally, what I want to see in the ME is something similar to what I see in reality.

Obviously if I play against Saka, Salah, Neymar, Vinicius or Mbappé I assume that they will try to dribble past my defenders and many times they will succeed, as happens in reality. It's part of football...Dribblers break defenses with dribbles and passers break defenses with passes.

Otherwise, what do we want? That Salah, Vinicius or Mbappé don't dribble because if they do they will score, that De Bruyne, Modric or Messi don't make good passes because if they do they will break my defense and that Haaland or Lewandowski don't shoot well because if they do they score me?

What I ask of SI is that the IF dribblers play as IF dribblers (All FM22 without working and FM23 the same. It seems like a joke), the passers play as passers and the killers as killers... One day it will be my dribbler who breaks the rival defense and another day I will suffer it... It has happened since football exists and the dribble is one more way to break defenses.

Hopefully SI decides to fix it or we have to wait for FM24 or FM25 to see the IFs play as they should

7 minutes ago, John Joe O'toole said:

Bug when someone scores,

Andy Carroll scored his first and it popped up '1st of the season' then he scores his second and it pops up '4th goal of the season'

Report it then please :thup: Saying that, I'm sure somebody already has 

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

45 days as Bayern with this focus, 0 recommended players.

image.png.85fb85a28020f68ea3876f52e2c6d96c.png

unknown.png

Be very welcome to see an SI response to this. Some saying it's great, then you see this....... Something is amiss. 

See these kind of tweets most years, can someone explain how this information gets back to SI?

The disclaimer when you start the game about ads still imo goes against gdpr as you can’t start the game without inputting a date of birth, but i don’t recall it saying your data is sent to SI?

2 hours ago, John Joe O'toole said:

Bug when someone scores,

Andy Carroll scored his first and it popped up '1st of the season' then he scores his second and it pops up '4th goal of the season'

Can confirm, I've seen a player score their 3rd, 4th and 6th goals of the season with 3 goals in a game.

You would imagine counting would be an easy part of the game. Makes you wonder if the stats can be trusted at all.

26 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

Seems odd to highlight the positive review score when it's down from FM22.

For a game that barely changes from year to year and drives sales with annual incremental improvements, any drop in review score should surely be very damning?

It's only down 4% though, from beta reviews only.

I doubt SI would concern themselves unless it took a drastic plunge.