*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

8 hours ago, Troels Jensen said:

It doesn't matter if you agree or not - what you've bought is not the final product and SI never claimed it was. Be happy that they're aware of the issue and most likely are working on a fix. As others have said, it's a BETA version - bugs are to be expected, both small and big. If you don't like that, don't buy/play the BETA. If the problem isn't fixed in the "final" release (later patches *will* come, like always I guess), then you have every right to complain.

It does seem a very odd thing for them not to have found in their own testing? Surely they would have played through a few seasons and seen this?

This does make me question if they did in fact know about it and have no way to fix it.... Then making it a more serious issue of integrity.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else got an issue with the champions league music playing on a loop during champions league matches? 

First game I’ve played, and the music is on one continuous loop. I love the CL and the music but my goodness, this is annoying! 

edit: it also restarts the music every mouse click! 

Edited by BuryBlade
Extra info

13 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Has anyone else got an issue with the champions league music playing on a loop during champions league matches? 

First game I’ve played, and the music is on one continuous loop. I love the CL and the music but my goodness, this is annoying! 

edit: it also restarts the music every mouse click! 

This sounds like a torture technique :seagull:

22 minutes ago, Jethers said:

It does seem a very odd thing for them not to have found in their own testing? Surely they would have played through a few seasons and seen this?

This does make me question if they did in fact know about it and have no way to fix it.... Then making it a more serious issue of integrity.

As has been mentioned a few times in the thread. They did see it. It was a known issue. It was posted as a known issue. Knowing the issue and fixing (including testing) it is a different matter and something SI is busy with.

22 minutes ago, Jethers said:

My thoughts exactly. On the preview videos, they even brought in a QA tester CJ… and was adamant how thorough they are with testing. We can all see there’s an issue with central play. Don’t know how it was released as it was after hyping up how much they study the engine.

40 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

Why are you lying? That is simply not true. Its not just for AI the technical attributes dont develop

I'm not lying. My players techincals are developing and there are people on discord who saying the same it's a problem with the AI teams only. Maybe you need a new training routine, dont leave it to your assistent

6 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

My thoughts exactly. On the preview videos, they even brought in a QA tester CJ… and was adamant how thorough they are with testing. We can all see there’s an issue with central play. Don’t know how it was released as it was after hyping up how much they study the engine.

We can only hope it was (sadly) introduced right before beta and not something they've been aware of for weeks/months

2 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

I'm not lying. My players techincals are developing and there are people on discord who saying the same it's a problem with the AI teams only. Maybe you need a new training routine, dont leave it to your assistent

You are lying, the technical attributes are not developing as they should, it is blatantly obvious. You cant come in a bug thread and state that there is no issue for players and only AI when it is for many a game breaking bug. If you think it works for you, fine. but it doesn't work for very many of us.

10 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

You keep mentioning an issue with central play, I can't see any reports in for it, you could put a report together if it's so obvious :thup: 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

You keep mentioning an issue with central play, I can't see any reports in for it, you could put a report together if it's so obvious :thup: 

Maybe im wording it wrong. Over excessive long balls from defence to attack. From winger to winger. From full-back to winger. 

not sure if this is a bug or not, but signed Oscar Aranda for Arsenal. Knew he wasn't going to get a work permit but the plan was to loan him until he got one.  He wanted a loan too, but when confirming the loan and giving a parting comment, I chose something like "I had no choice but to loan you out as you don't have a work permit" and he got really upset and said he would have a good case for a work permit?  Has anyone else had anything similar?

19 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

You are lying, the technical attributes are not developing as they should, it is blatantly obvious. You cant come in a bug thread and state that there is no issue for players and only AI when it is for many a game breaking bug. If you think it works for you, fine. but it doesn't work for very many of us.

I would appreciate if you stopped calling me a liar. I'm going by what I'm experiencing and what others have said. I agree it's on the point of being game breaking, even if it's just ai and I'm not denouncing others greivances that they are not experiencing player development with tecnicals for their own teams. I'm certaintly not going to accuse them of lying.

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

I would appreciate if you stopped calling me a liar. I'm going by what I'm experiencing and what others have said. I agree it's on the point of being game breaking, even if it's just ai and I'm not denouncing others greivances that they are not experiencing player development with tecnicals for their own teams. I'm certaintly not going to accuse them of lying.

If you are spreading misinformation and state "i can confirm that its just an issue with ai and not for the player" (paraphrasing) then what are you? That is just faulty and you come across as its ok which may lead to a lot of people wasting a lot of time on a save that are broken. 

1 minute ago, eye-switcher said:

If you are spreading misinformation and state "i can confirm that its just an issue with ai and not for the player" (paraphrasing) then what are you? That is just faulty and you come across as its ok which may lead to a lot of people wasting a lot of time on a save that are broken. 

You need to calm tf down and stop insinuating that I'm intentionally spreading misinformation and lying. I'm going by what has been said by other users who have long term saves and seen attribute progression in technicals, and my own experience. Have you considered the possibility that it may effect some users and not effect others?

I like it.

Bit rough round the edges as per for beta, some silly typo's and the forever-old "#managername1" or whatever it is this year in the socials.

Manager accessories are unnecessary and weirdly counterintuitive to use - one click on no ring/watch/ear would suffice, having to individually click no ring/watch/ear on left/right is a ballache for a feature nobody really gave a **** about. All you're going to get is "wHY cANt i SPenD mY eARNinGs oN a LAmbOurGHiNi aNd a HOusE". More fool you.

(although I would love to know how to find the patchwork jacket that suddenly appears and vanishes again on occasion :))

Squad planner seems clumsy but I can imagine one of the great and good on here will figure out a better or simpler way to figure it and offer us a guide or a pretty template. TIA

Recruitment is better, but also a little lacking in utility - I actually prefer it, but it does need explaining a little better, particularly regarding the 'ongoing' instead of the focuses (focusses? focussi?)  -  and the meetings could do with not doubling up on anything you've already put in place just because you've already put them in place.

ME: I think it's great. Only way I can describe it is that everything has mass, the ball and the men, and it works (the woodwork having the same gravitational pull as a supermassive black hole may need a tweak, mind), and players stats seem to have more weight to them too. I only start as a rubbish team and this is the best rubbish football I've seen. The game is played by the 22 on the screen, not me, all I'm supposed to do is tell my 11 what I'd LIKE them to do - it's the attributes shown and hidden that decide whether they're able or willing to - and that seems much more prevalent especially taking over a club in the first few weeks when yours (or @Cleon :) ) tactics don't have the right players to play it. Not everything goes to plan but at the same time not everything is punished.

It seems, early days, that players aren't deemed good for nowt but glue after the age of 31, this is nice.

Not gone long enough into a save to comment on the attribute increases uproar, but the screens I've seen from people on here I trust the opinions of suggest that it is both a real issue and a real issue that is being sorted. The poor kid that had to explain that the hotfix today was Steve Gerrard should be getting an ingame pa -10 and real life free coffee's after that. 

My match summary? The engine and the new animations are very good, I feel like I'm watching a game of football - I can see a penalty where it happens instead of noticing that split second pause between no clue nothing and 'the referee looks over to his assistant' commentary. I feel like my players are much more of the difference now rather than my tactics, I shouldn't be able to ask my 1 passing 1 first touch Hong Kong under 20's to play tiki taka because that's what I want them to do, or my pressing forward with 1 stamina and 1 work rate to still be knocking in last minute winners. Systems should either be made to suit the players you have or you find the players needed to fit the system you want. I think, thus far, this iteration does that well.

Bit of spit and polish on the QoL side, particularly with the manager creation and squad planner, and roughing out some edges of the engine and I think we've got a good one here :)

(small gripe - if I've got a Spanish or German kid in my amateur or non-contract or part time team then I'm guessing he isn't a threat to the local footballing population, because chances are he's either a student or a worker or both, so asking him to qualify for 30% of his national teams last years fixtures to get a new paid or unpaid contract when all the poor fella wants to do is gap year work a farm and get drunk seems a bit mean)

A good solid early season effort, I'm impressed

Oh, and the Patchwork Quilt of Tactical Mastery (+3 to att movement, def positioning, set pieces. -2 to charisma. Weakness to Roy Keane)

20221021182751_1.jpg

20221021183958_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

You need to calm tf down and stop insinuating that I'm intentionally spreading misinformation and lying. I'm going by what has been said by other users who have long term saves and seen attribute progression in technicals, and my own experience. Have you considered the possibility that it may effect some users and not effect others?

I am calm, im not insulating anything, I'm telling you how you come across, stating faulty information as it where facts. it could be that some lucky few have their attributes develop, but i would advise you to double-check, just because the arrows point upwards doesn't mean the attributes actually are progressing/Increasing

Hell, even the guy that posted the screenshots in this thread seemed happy with how his (high potential if remember correctly) player had developed over 3 years , when it was a insignificant change, even had at least one technical attribute decreasing over that time. Even if if you are lucky to have your attributes increasing as they should you shouldn't state that this as a fact for everybody when it isn't the case for so many others.

As someone who only gets FM every 3 years, I got to say 2023 feels like a very good improvement in comparison to FM20.

Visually the ME looks better (inside the pitch at least), the player movement and interactions with the ball and other players are amazing compared to the last version I played. Ball physics is also a lot better, at least visual wise. None of my old gripes with the ME are present or at least as common occurance as they were before.

The data hub is a gold mine for people that love stats and some of the new ways to see how your interactions reflect in players and staff are also some cool additions, albeit not major.

I have not spent a lot of time with squad planner, but so far it looks like a straight up downgrade in relation to squad depth that I was using regularly before. Limited player selection, inability to set the same filter as before (or at least them not being immediatly obvious) are two very negative points in my book.

Overall the game feels a lot better than 2020 ever had (still remember the 2020 beta and contemplating a lot on the idea of going back to FM2017 at the time), and most relevant i'm having a lot of fun with it.

There is however, one topic that I have yet to figure out as it does not match reality. Why are youth teams and main teams calendar's not synched in Champions league? They should start and end at the same time, face the same opponents in the same order, but so far, that has not been the case.

13 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

I am calm, im not insulating anything, I'm telling you how you come across, stating faulty information as it where facts. it could be that some lucky few have their attributes develop, but i would advise you to double-check, just because the arrows point upwards doesn't mean the attributes actually are progressing/Increasing

Hell, even the guy that posted the screenshots in this thread seemed happy with how his (high potential if remember correctly) player had developed over 3 years , when it was a insignificant change, even had at least one technical attribute decreasing over that time. Even if if you are lucky to have your attributes increasing as they should you shouldn't state that this as a fact for everybody when it isn't the case for so many others.

You called me a liar 2 times, so no you were not actually insinuating you were flat out insulting me when all I was trying to do was ease people's fears that an area of the game was completely broken through my own experience and reports from others. Just like I said I have problems on the game signing anyone below the age of 20 and another poster replied stating he managed to sign one with Dortmund, it would be rude to call him a liar just because his experience differs to mine, while numerous other users are experiencing the same problem when trying to sign 16 year olds and negens.

I'm only in November and I've seen my players in dribbling, crossing and techiqnue go up by 2-3 boost in each department.

38 minutos atrás, WelshMourinho disse:

Penalties seem excessive right now. My Inter team have had 4 pens in 9 league games, plus 3 in 4 Champions Legaue games, two of which came in the same game vs Monaco.

Not that I doubt that is what you are experiencing, I just have the complete opposite.

IIRC, 15 games, 2 penalties, funny enough both given in the same game.

46 minuti fa, jdubsnz ha scritto:

not sure if this is a bug or not, but signed Oscar Aranda for Arsenal. Knew he wasn't going to get a work permit but the plan was to loan him until he got one.  He wanted a loan too, but when confirming the loan and giving a parting comment, I chose something like "I had no choice but to loan you out as you don't have a work permit" and he got really upset and said he would have a good case for a work permit?  Has anyone else had anything similar?

I’d report it in the bug tracker

13 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The short answer is that it wasn't missed, as I said.

I'm playing the 2020 version and the same problem with low crossing after some years exists, maybe not as prevalent, but it's there and a big problem for long terms saves.

I'm in 2024, four years in, and sorted by players in the age group 15-23 there are only 548 players with a crossing at or more than 15 out of more than 80.000 players.

Was that bug investigated as well and never fixed or what is going on here?

Idk if it's been mentioned before, but some of the kit selections really need to be fixed.

For example, light-blue is way closer to white than blue.

Have you ever seen Chelsea play in white kits at Etihad? They always play in blue.

I'm managing Inter and the kits are licensed. This year's away kit is kind of light blue and white mix. But officially white.

Every single away game against Napoli, Lazio and Manchester City (played them every season in CL), my team uses those light blue away kits against home team in light blue. And frankly, I can't see sh*t and it's incredibly frustrating. Been happening for years now.

Instead of using the home kit with black short, socks and the top itself that's black and blue, I have to watch 20 players in identical kits run around.

Seeing more people on social media not always overachieving so easily good to see game needed more challenge felt it was almost just click and continue in other editions. now you have to think some more 

Edited by Mcfc1894

my two main frustrations currently

- playing with MC advanced playmakers on attack, they always run to the center forward position in every play and rarely participate in the build up, they end up mostly playing  as a second forward, am playing an advanced playmaker on the MC position to make them participate more in the buildup with the mentality as attacking as possible so they would try risky Through balls from deep positions (so they have a more attacking mentality than a deep lying playmaker on support) but just refuse to collaborate in build up, even with the instruction "hold position"  they just ignore it and run forward every time and stay there holding hands with the center forward while zero participation in the midfield.

- inside forwards on support have "get further forward" instruction locked which make them to not participate at all in the buildup, but inverted wingers on support dont have it locked, this forces me to play inverted wingers  on support and add "cross less often", this is the only way i found to workaround this problem so my AML/AMR stop trying to run forward every play and instead they stay a little more deep to collaborate more in the buildup, i think the IF on support shouldnt have "get further forward " instruction locked.

at least for me the behavior of those two roles are the main problem am seeing with the lack of central play with my formation (4-1-2-2-1), the players just run forward and refuse to participate in the build up, they just wait there on the opposition defensive line with no real participation in the build up.

After 20 games in my save as Southend in the National League I decided to start a new save and tinker with more defensive/counter-attacking tactics as opposed to my usual gegenpress/tiki-taka tactics that worked well in previous versions. I think this is much more realistic, especially in the lower leagues where teams often set out not to lose rather than looking to score 4 and concede 3. Forcing the opposition out wide also tightened things up defensively as they are less likely to latch onto through balls which is usually a 100% sign they will score.

I have found that more defensive tactics actually work as designed in FM23 (I had issues with them in FM21 and FM22 as you just got battered for 90 minutes and inevitably conceded).

In my first save there were a lot of high scoring games and the defence was more or less useless. With the new save things seemed to have tightened up a bit and there are far fewer shootouts than before. The first game was a 3-2 win at home over Boreham Wood but after that we grafted out a few 1-0 wins and a 0-1 loss.

Still a lot of shots hitting the woodwork which I think is designed to raise the blood pressure by frustrating the hell out of you as your team continually wastes clear cut chances by deftly placing their shots against the woodwork.

Overall, I'm growing into the game a bit now although I hope all this positivity does not jinx it.